Speaker 1: It's media podcast. Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer Newhart and today we're joined by Jannis, Brodie Randall, cal Marge, Corey and Logan. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat eaters for verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners, choosing for the stat of the Week. This week, we're updating our donation tracker through the podcast, board, games, expansion packs, live tour and sponsors. Meat Eater Trivia has now donated one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to more than twenty different conservation organizations. You know, big thanks to our partners on Xietti and Athletic Brewing, and of course meat Eater for making sure that conservation always wins. One hundred fifty.
Speaker 2: Change it to the game show where a conservation and Brody and Randall always win.
Speaker 1: It's just conservation. There's there's Yeah. We'll have the tournament coming up in about a month. We had to we had to move around schedule to uh make sure we can get Steve in the studio, and that's going to be happening in January, so we'll ground our twenty twenty four winner.
Speaker 3: Here, which is how they do it in all professional sports. It is always like our team isn't ready, give us another month. We'll just push it into twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: That's right. And there's a chance he may not make it in January either, so we may either going to have to play without him or push it to February.
Speaker 2: What do you think that those of us are just like in contention? What could we do to have better performances?
Speaker 1: Hmmm, that's a good one, Yanni. I don't know how you prep. I think I think when you do well at this, uh, that's a lifetime's worth of gathering information. I don't think there's any cramming, Yanni.
Speaker 2: And for me, I feel like it's when your questions lie with my lifetimes.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's and you'll get the right side of question. Yeah. The other day, you know, Brody got a big bass fishing question correct and he said he never touched a creature bait in his life, so he's just a well rounded outdoorsman. That's what it takes you on it and well read and well read. Here's our Infrequently Asked Questions segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the medieater dot com with the subject line I FAQ. Connor Moore says, has AI made your job easier? Have you ever tried getting it to write questions for you? I answered that second part before, when chad GPT first arrived, I tried giving it prompts to write me questions and it failed. The questions were like when is Turkey season with the answer being spring? Or when where do you shoot a deer? And the answer would be like and it's vital. So AI could not write good questions for me. AI has actually made my job harder, I'd say. When it comes to googling stuff. In the last year, Google has straight up gotten worse.
Speaker 4: It's crazy tho AI generated things at the top, which also from an ad perspective, how does that work? Because Google makes all their money through their ads, and people aren't scrolling down and clicking on other websites, how are they making like It just seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, everyone is in agreement. Google has gotten worse, and big part of that is AI because of like that first overview gives you that's often misleading or wrong, and then beyond that, like websites are now using low quality AI generated content that typically lacks any human fact checking, and then you'll get like AI is making se O content that's based on other AI content. So it's like AI in breeding that totally clogs up Google. You're poking the bear, like somewhere there's an extension AI that's like Spenser.
Speaker 5: Listening to this. I mean AI does write all of my jokes for.
Speaker 3: Me, So that's that's at least one beneficial To answer.
Speaker 1: Your question, Connor, AI has not made things easier.
Speaker 6: Spencer, I was gonna say, I've even tried plugging your like using your crossword puzzles and having it try to generate more crossword puzzle clues based on the ones you gave. Ye is garbage, Like you wouldn't think it'd be that hard to generate like a crossword clue, But I give you props for how how.
Speaker 7: Well they logan because a I could not do anything.
Speaker 1: You build this into your next raise talk We do know Logan that some other like very famous crossword puzzles almost strictly use AI to create their crossword puzzles, and we saw that there was no way this was a coincidence that we'll talk about on a future episode. Well, future Housekeeping, somebody stole want and there's no doubt about it. Someone just took one of our crossword clues, and I think it was probably AI was crawling the Internet and came across our crossword puzzle and then use that in their clue. A very famous crossword puzzle will address that in the future. No Housekeeping today, so we can get right to the trivia. The Shelby index for this round is a four and a half, so our winners should get nine correct answers, and with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop phill. Look, I need to know what I stand to win everything?
Speaker 7: How's that just tend to win everything?
Speaker 2: Demon Suckers.
Speaker 1: Question one. The topic is conservation, and as always, this will be multiple choice. Which of these national parks is not located in multiple states? Is it Yellowstone, Great Smoky Mountains, Death Valley or Shenandoah. Three of these National parks are located in multiple states. One is not Yellowstone, Great Smoky Mountains, Death Valley or Shenandoah. Bro Do you know this one?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I got it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not gonna change my hands. Randall, you know this one? I don't know. Okay, they feel okay about their answer. Yanni has not come up with an answer yet. Which of these national parks is not located in multiple states? Yellowstone, Great Smoky Mountains, Death Valley, Shenandoah. Is everybody ready, quite ready as i'll Randall, are you done? Yes? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Cory and Cal saying Death Valley, Marsh says Great Smoky Mountains, Randall Shenandoah. Logan and Yanni says Shenandoah. Brody says Death Valley. The correct answer is Shenandoah. Three of our players not that one right. Yellowstone is located in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. Great Smoky Mountains is located in North Carolina and Tennessee. Death Valley is located in California and Nevada. Shenandoah is contained to Virginia. Question two the topic is hunting. This next great question is via Justin van Horn. This is an audio question. Phil is going to play you one minute of a song about hound hunting. You need to tell me who the artist is. Take it away, Phil.
Speaker 7: Apologies to the YouTube audience.
Speaker 8: Nice say I quit drinking.
Speaker 9: It's a good one, Cato, I can make it up.
Speaker 8: Glory at the end of my and Wow, Whiskey's hard through ways so much child.
Speaker 1: And we need to name the name the artist hounds fill our monitors.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's black on perform box, go to hell.
Speaker 1: With all my brands.
Speaker 9: Wake up in Horner and I'll follow you to town. I can will take my heaven, I can hunt. Oh gosh, stroll.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the silky smooth tones.
Speaker 1: And tell us in the background. Your answer should not be honest. I'm not going to accept the answer of Yanni. If you put that down. You need to tell me smooth.
Speaker 6: But this is surprisingly the only country artist I could probably name.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's not do. Give me some hints. Is it a country artist, Randall or common?
Speaker 7: It depends on need to find country. Yeah, artist is not in my Spotify. No it's not not.
Speaker 1: You don't have this one right then, march Okay, Marge wore a special shirt today for trivia. She said that this is a family heirloom that she had to fight her cousins to get.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: Is a vintage, a real vintage, not a fake vintage. A real vintage ham shirt says promise me anything. What does it say, promise me anything? But give me a hams that's lovely, that is beautiful in the shades of the land of the sky blue waters.
Speaker 2: Jennifer had a bush t shirt that was the same colors as that, and it was a hot shirt because it was so vintage when I met her that it was almost getting kind of see through, you know. So I really enjoyed it when she wore it. But it got so vintage that it just pretty much fell apart. But it said I believe I can get this right. I think it said you can take my gusto, but don't touch my bush or something along.
Speaker 1: And you don't know where that shirt wound up. It disintegrated.
Speaker 3: Oh, she wore it out back in the Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we had the bar that I close that Mike cal the bar that I grew up working in, had a ham sign in it that the the background would change. It was like a waterfall and bears fish and then every year people would come in and offer his cash for that thing. Yeah, it's like the real collection.
Speaker 2: I saw one of those recently, like the last year, at some small town Montana bar.
Speaker 1: I'm in Facebook groups for those, and that's like a four figure thing that you're talking about. Yeah, big deal, very expensive. Yeah, again, you need to name the artists of that song. Everybody have an answer, Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Corey and Cal saying Tyler Childers, Marge without an answer, Randall and Logan, and Yanni saying Tyler Childers. Brody says Morgan Wallen. The correct answer is Tyler Childers. That song is Can I Take My Hounds to Heaven? From the twenty twenty two album of the same name. One music critics said that he loved the salute to traditional country music, summing it up by saying it's about quote the earthly, good old boy who believes heaven should be less pearly gates and harp's drumming angels and more of a venue for his desires to be satisfied. Question three. The topic is cooking. This is the eighth letter French word for broth. That is often stored as a powder. Question three, the topic is cooking. This is the eight letter French word for broth that is often stored as a powder. Brody and Randall already have their answers.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you got that finally, because, as you know, we went to Childers Live.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, is it in Missoula? Oh yeah, I heard there was a great drone show, which is a little weird for a Tyler Childers concert. I imagine if it was like, uh, I don't know the Gaga, but yeah, of course there's gonna be.
Speaker 5: It was unexpected.
Speaker 3: It was unexpected, and it's also unnerving just seeing that, much like if we talked about the threat of AI.
Speaker 5: Sure, had you been in attendance after.
Speaker 1: That little crossword bit?
Speaker 3: Uh huh, the technology gods pretty much had us where they wanted us at that moment.
Speaker 1: What what was What were they portraying in the sky?
Speaker 5: Uh, there were mules.
Speaker 10: There's mules, pivots in the ear moves. People sent me that video.
Speaker 5: It was really unnerving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh got the question.
Speaker 2: Great show though, great showman, Right, you just had to close your eyes and just listen.
Speaker 1: I guess yes. Question three, this is the eight letter French word for broth that is often stored as a powder.
Speaker 7: You have this, it's in there.
Speaker 1: I think you got it.
Speaker 7: I think no.
Speaker 2: I almost almost aft it up, but I believe I came around. I think, well, I'll mention my if I have it right, then I'll mention my problem with the question.
Speaker 10: You don't believe me.
Speaker 6: I've had my answer.
Speaker 2: Oh you doing okay?
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready there? Go ahead and reveal your answers with Corey and Cal and Marge and randall the whole room says, and they got it correct.
Speaker 10: I really want to dig into logan spelling.
Speaker 7: To the end of it.
Speaker 1: Spelling is b oh you I L L O N. Anybody get that right? What's your problem with the answer here? Yanni?
Speaker 2: With the question? With the question is that I can't say that in all my years, I've ever encountered powdered boy.
Speaker 1: It's what's a cube? Which is powder that's shaped like a cube. That what you're talking about.
Speaker 10: I'd say the moisture content's a little high in the cubes to be a power.
Speaker 1: Or there's the jar. Haven't you ever gotten like the little jar.
Speaker 2: About I've never had that version. I've had the.
Speaker 1: Words bouleon and broth can be used interchangeably, although most think of bouleon as the powder version and broth as the liquid version. Bouleon cubes are made by concentrating and dehydrating broth, which is then pressed into a square. To learn how to create your own broth at home, go watch Kimmy Werner's video on the medeater dot com called how to make bone Broth. I think n this is being a little nitpicky there. It's a little knitpicky. Do you have like a gelatinous form of it you're saying? Or what?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That that and the cubes neither.
Speaker 1: Question four the Topics Gear. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Nick Sikowski for setting this great question. Nick is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the medieater dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey, real quick, you amy know why that little buck is upside down?
Speaker 7: Been that way for a while?
Speaker 9: Like it now?
Speaker 1: Ask Phil?
Speaker 3: Just flip the studio in that it's just hung with a single faster in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was barely balancing when it was up, and so I tapped it and it hung down like that, and I kind of like it.
Speaker 10: I left it.
Speaker 7: It works, It works.
Speaker 1: Question four. This brand won the Grand prize at the nineteen oh nine World's Fair for their vacuum mansulated bottles that are designed to keep drinks hot or cold. Question four topic is gear and this was our listener question of the Week one by Nick. This brand won the Grand prize at the nineteen oh nine World's Fair for their vacuum insulated bottles that are designed to keep drinks hot or cold. Bro do you have this one? I think so? Okay, Randall, you have an answer that you like?
Speaker 10: You know that joke.
Speaker 5: I'm going back and forth on now.
Speaker 1: I'll just stick with me. I don't know the dr Joe, because you're gonna give away the answer.
Speaker 10: Joe, think about it. How do it know? It's like keeps things hot, keeps things cold.
Speaker 1: That is impressive. This brand won the Grand prize at the nineteen oh nine World's Fair for their vacuum insulated bottles that are designed to keep drinks hot or cold. It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Corey and cal and Marge and Randall and Logan saying Stanley. Yannis crossed out Stanley and put Thermis. Brody says Thermos. One of you two groups is correct. The correct answer is Thermos. Yanni and Brody got that.
Speaker 7: One wrote that brutal such a generic name. I thought it was. I didn't realize I was a brand.
Speaker 1: It's like the Kleenex of tissues is thrown no hitter right now, So is Randall, no bro down. Stanley vacuum flask was invented in eighteen ninety two to keep chemicals at a stable temperature. The Thermost brand saw there would be a domestic market for such a product, so they started selling them in nineteen oh four. The company hit it big in nineteen thirty nine when ninety eight percent of their factory started producing bottles and lunchboxes for the military during World War II. Question five the topic is fishing. This of mice and men. Author wrote that phishing is quote the last remaining way for a man to be alone without being suspected of some secret sin. He had a very low opinion of hunting this guy. Brody and Randall already have their answers. This of Mice and Men author wrote that phishing is quote the last remaining way for a man to be alone without being suspected of some secret sin. I didn't know about his uh anti hunting. I don't know if I just didn't respect hunters a whole lot.
Speaker 10: Kind of a fence sitter perspective, like these guys do it the right way?
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, Cal, you have this one right.
Speaker 10: I can't remember the guy's name. Okay, I can recite some books.
Speaker 1: Who's read of Mice and Men the whole room.
Speaker 2: In high school? But I don't think I actually would say I read it. I read a lot of his other I mean, I've read a lot of I think it's.
Speaker 3: More of a George guy or any guy.
Speaker 1: Can I pet the rabbits George?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I'm petting a dog or a cant and you get like that aggression because they're so cute. I say, I'm going to have Mice and Men. Then Marge and Cal coming up with their answer, logan, do you have this one right?
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Did you read this in high school?
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure I did.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't believe that's a cross that maybe.
Speaker 11: Let's not get to that.
Speaker 7: Definitely.
Speaker 10: That was definitely high school required reading.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe I haven't read.
Speaker 1: And then it was Phil, would you get this one right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I read a lot of this guy's books in high school. I was like kind of a I went through a phase with this guy.
Speaker 2: Makes me feel better about my answer. I can't take it anymore.
Speaker 1: Brody, is everybody ready?
Speaker 10: I can't remember?
Speaker 1: Go ahead and reveal your answers. The row col without an answer, Marge without an answer, Randall, says Steinbeck. Logan, it says Ray Bradberry, Jannie and Brody John Steinbeck, and they got brutal. Correct answer was John Steinbeck. Steinbeck was an avid angler, but those close to him said he wasn't obsessive about success. His son declared that the Nobel Prize winning author went fishing because it gave him an opportunity to daydream. Steinbeck once said that sometimes he'd go fishing without bait so that not even the fish could bother him.
Speaker 10: Steinbeck has some like from Travels with Charlie, has some like very gracious quotes on Montana. So he's like a very popular Montana offer just really killing.
Speaker 1: Me that I couldn't didn't get it fell. We're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 4: There we are, all right, Marge with a with a point coming up next to Corey and Cow two points of piece. Brody and Logan have three, Randel has four, and yes, Jan is still pitching that perfect game.
Speaker 2: He has five.
Speaker 1: He was wondering how he could study for the tournament, but maybe he doesn't need to. He has a perfect game.
Speaker 10: What a rebound?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 8: Ni?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have almost twice as many points as.
Speaker 1: I got in my last question six. The topic is conservation. This next great question is via Steve Courson. What does FEMA stand for? It's in the government agency? Shit, what does FEMA stand for?
Speaker 7: A lot of right?
Speaker 1: In this one's yeah? Okay, well there's a little hint. Brody says he has to do a lot of writing. This is question six again, the topic is conservation. That was prepared for an argument from somebody saying how is this conservation? And I would tell you, I will explain. I'm going to tell you in the flavor text. Brody, thank you for asking. Come on, what does FEMA stand for? Do you have this one?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Randall boy I hope so, Brody, any boys guessing or you just think you have like it makes sense? No, I read the news occasionally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes sometimes in the news.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, Corey, you confident. No, I listen to the news all the time. But I.
Speaker 10: Uh, because of agencies like this, there's a bunch of cash available in the conservation world. Yeah, to do work ahead of time that can mitigate Like he's read my flavors like Spencer's.
Speaker 3: You're stealing his thunder.
Speaker 1: Again, FEMA, f E m A, I'm right, logan, how we doing.
Speaker 6: I think there's got three of the letters of the acronym.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't know what the M is for.
Speaker 1: I think we're waiting on you. Oh okay, right, all right, Margie, you done? Yeah, okay, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Corey saying Federal Emergency Medical Agency CAL, Federal Emergency Management Agency, MARGE, Federal Emergency Medical Agency, Randall, Federal Emergency Management Administration Logan Logan, Federal Emergency Movement America. That's creative, honest, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Brodie, Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Speaker 7: Rest.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is Federal Emergency Management Agency. I think we had Yanni and Brody. Did anybody else get that? Col Yanni, Brody cow FEMA helps people before, during, and after a natural disaster strikes. Although most associate them with handing out blankets and water bottles, they also do a fair bit of conservation work. They developed the Flood Risk and Endangered Species Habitat Map, which identifies critical habitat for threatened species and floodplains. They also conduct environmental reviews after a disaster strikes and fund wetland restoration to help prevent future disasters. Cal is that way you were talking about saying that some groups like this have some money for projects like that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Like North Carolina is like a major user of these funds, right, So it's it's like putting in you know, like planting bunch of trees and grasses and stuff to slow down beach erosion and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Question seven, the topic is trapping. This next great question is via Callum Gray. This type of trap, which has two rectangular frames that slam shut when triggered, is named after the man who invented it. This type of trap, which has two rectangular frames that slam shut when triggered, is named after the man who invented it? Randall, you have this one right?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, first one to come up with an answer. Over there, Logan, you have an answer as well. You like your answer?
Speaker 6: I know, yeah, I think it's fifty to fifty chance.
Speaker 1: Brody and Yanni now joined them. This type of trap, which has two rectangular frames that slam shut when triggered, is named after the man who invented it. This is question seven.
Speaker 10: You know had darn Wiley Coyote's always buying and stuff. Acme, don't give it away.
Speaker 1: It's everybody ready.
Speaker 2: If he ever actually had one of these traps on that show, I would have made quite I would have made a mess out of that.
Speaker 1: That require the road Runner to get in it, though I bet he had one.
Speaker 7: It's no.
Speaker 1: The roadrunners too fast for the jaws of the trap. That is only superpower. The road Runner would go through it, and then Wiley would go inspect it, and then he would close on him and his eyeballs would pop out. I'm just guessing.
Speaker 5: Everybody ready come along and put a bullet in his head and skin him.
Speaker 1: Cal and Corey are coming up with their answer for the name of the trap. It's named after the man who invented it. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Corey and Cal and Marge and Randall. The whole room says Conna Bear. The whole room got it right. The correct answer is Conna Bear. Frank Conna Bear was living in Minnesota when he would designed the trap that's named after him in nineteen twenty nine. His goal was to create a lightweight, compact, inexpensive trap that would humanly kill an animal. He said his inspiration was a giant egg beater, which he envisioned a mink stepping into and getting stuck in. He later improved the trap by altering its shape, which he said was influenced by his mother's embroidery hoops. So when you're looking at a conabar, you're looking at something that a man designed based on giant egg beaters and embroidery hoops.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Question eight. The topic is fishing. Monterey Bay Aquarium defines this event as quote the highest high tides and lowest low tides of the year. Fishing fishing. Monterey Bay Aquarium defines this event as the highest high tides and lowest low tides of the year. The room looks dumped. Yanni has now come up with an answer. Yanni has had a good answer that you just wrote down. I mean it came to me with Monterey Bay Aquarium defines this event as the highest high tides and lowest low tides of the year.
Speaker 10: So it's a singular event.
Speaker 1: Not not giving you any further hints. Hmmm, Yanni the only player with an answer that he likes.
Speaker 3: Rand I've got an answer, but I there's there's a word I'm scratching around in my head. I feel like there's another word that I know that it's not coming to me.
Speaker 7: I feel like this is Hemisphere specific too.
Speaker 1: Do you Brody now has an answer, dropped his whiteboard on the table. It seemed like a frustrating, a cocky drop.
Speaker 2: I was on a text chain. Everybody else was in Montana, but there was one fellow down in New Zealand and someone had to ask about.
Speaker 1: The toilet bowls. You know.
Speaker 2: Someone, No, no, I've been down there. But it was funny because the dude answered with like, it's such a different design that the water doesn't actually swirl, it just whooshes out of there. And he's like, I think it's a very poor design. Because there's a lot more streaking that happens in this design that they used down there, So.
Speaker 5: They're basically all just using airplane toilets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from the sound of it. Again, this is question eight. The highest high tides and lowest low water of the year. It's everybody ready, We're not going to run out of water. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Corey saying equinox, cal says soon march equinox, Randall says peak tide, logan swell tide. Yiannis King Brodie, what's that say? The bore tide?
Speaker 7: What roll tide?
Speaker 1: The correct answer is king tide? Got that one right?
Speaker 10: Or the way the question is constructed? What's led me away from king tide?
Speaker 1: Because King be correct? Either you tell me what's a higher.
Speaker 10: Tide than a tsunami?
Speaker 1: If that's how montere babe, what was I thinking of? I don't know what the answer would be, King tiede or the perigean springtide. I don't know that. I don't know what your answer was.
Speaker 10: But like King, king tides can happen many times throughout the year.
Speaker 1: That's right. Nobody said that it can't.
Speaker 10: Said the highest this event that's a singular king Do you describe Monday as an event?
Speaker 5: I described sunrise as an event that happened every day.
Speaker 1: King tides occur during perigeean, which is when the moon comes closest to the Earth. This phenomenon happens a few times a year, with the dates varying across the globe. A king tide is usually one to two feet higher than a normal tide, which in some areas will cause extreme flooding. Phil, we have two questions left. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 10: I mean, you just imagine where you're gonna stand and somebody's like, hey, king tide today, and somebody's like, oh, tsunami today. How far back are you going to be? You'd be closer to the ocean, and they're like, tsunami's coming.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think that's messing with the tides.
Speaker 4: Though Maggie has two points, Corey has three, Callum Logan are tied up with four. Rand Liberty and have five, and.
Speaker 1: Holy show, tell Us is run away with the game.
Speaker 4: He still has a perfect game with eight points and he is far ahead.
Speaker 5: Leave the room and let you finish just one.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of pressure, right now I'm feeling have you never got perfect game? Right? Okay? And he has eight through eight questions. Here's question nine. The topic is cooking. According to Eater magazine, these two New England states are best known for cream based clam chowder. Hmm. This is according to Eater magazine, these two New England states are best known for cream based clam chowder. Randall has a grin on his face as he wrote down his answer.
Speaker 5: I wrote down one state in one city.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, don't do that.
Speaker 5: I immediately caught myself two.
Speaker 1: States that could have been a hint for Yiannis that Randall no initially went with a city.
Speaker 5: I can say my hint is that it's not a.
Speaker 1: City that's helpful. Again, this is question nine, Yanni, perfect game, But this mains.
Speaker 10: Pretty easy in it. But if you're throwing a perfect game, I can see how challenging.
Speaker 1: According to Eater magazine.
Speaker 10: So I don't put myself in that situation.
Speaker 1: These two New England states are best known for cream based clam chowder. Sounds good right about now. I made a good hol that chowder last week. Way better organ recently had their King tides. I follow some rock counting organ Facebook groups.
Speaker 7: I bet they did.
Speaker 1: They're very, very eager for this king tide because it gives them some more rocks to go look at.
Speaker 5: I bet a king tide during the fall equinox would probably max.
Speaker 1: Out, especially at the peak. You go argue with Monterey Bay Aquarium.
Speaker 10: I think fish chowders are awesome. It's just like, no matter every time you make come, somebody complains about the smell of the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who could it be? States you have written out?
Speaker 2: I have two states written down, but I don't know if.
Speaker 1: They're actual states. Okay, share with the rest state of confusion.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter. I've I'm for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're all rooting for you. We want conservation to really win today. Not just starts. Everybody starts at the border. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Corey saying Maine in Massachusetts, col Maine in Massachusetts, March Massachusetts and Connecticut. Randall Maine in Massachusetts. Logan says Massachusetts and New England out of states. Uh Yannie says Massachusetts and Maryland, crossed out Maine, New York. Brody says Massachusetts and New York. The two states are Maine and Massachusetts that brings the perfect game to an end.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who's fun Well lasted.
Speaker 1: Though, clam chowder is the most popular version of the dish, but there are regional variations such as Manhattan Manhattan Chowder, which is tomato based, and Rhode Island Chowder, which is broth based. For a classic chowder recipe, check out Lucas Leif's article on the media dot com called the Ultimate fish Chowder. Here's a correct answer review so far before we do question ten. One was Shannandoah National Park two, Tyler Childers three, Bullion four, Thermis five, john Steinbeck six, Federal Emergency Management Agency seven, Conna Bear eight, King Tide nine, Maine and Massachusetts. Here's question ten. The topic is hunting. When Federal introduced the two twenty four blank in twenty seventeen, they named the cartridge after female warriors in Norse mythology. Brody and Randall appear to be very confident. This is question ten. The topic is haunting cartridge. When Federal introduced the two twenty four blank in twenty seventeen, they named the cartridge after female warriors in Norse mythology. You got a rifle on this cartridge? Oh?
Speaker 10: You know how we talked about two twenty two's a while back. You got reached out and he's like, got one, Like, I'll sell it to you cheap?
Speaker 1: How cheap? Cheap enough that you're gonna buy it?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm gonna buy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cal's gonna be the owner.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna buy another gun that I'm super excited about.
Speaker 1: Tell us about that.
Speaker 10: I'm ordering flintlock.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're gonna use it this year?
Speaker 10: No ways out yeah again.
Speaker 1: Question ten. When Federal introduced to the two twenty four blank, you need to fill in that blank. In twenty seventeen, they named the cartridge after female warriors in Norse mythology. Brody provided a hint by saying it's a cool name.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean more of an opinion than a hint.
Speaker 5: A very subjective hint.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, yanni. Uh. You're gonna get this one right.
Speaker 2: I don't right now?
Speaker 4: The good thing he built up a lead early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have Randall and Brody ma only lose by one point.
Speaker 5: He spiked the ball in the two yard line.
Speaker 1: Here to four two twenty four blank is everybody but you.
Speaker 10: Flint lock percussion cat flint lock?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the old school.
Speaker 10: Well, man, everybody I've talked to is like, the designs actually better for for getting the fire down into the powders.
Speaker 7: So really, yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Talking to somebody this morning about it. Actually, he was shooting both side by side, and he's like, man, I was ringing steel with him for caps, and then when that explosion happened right next to my eye, I couldn't.
Speaker 7: See it ship. So just that's just a little bit.
Speaker 10: Of yeah, well acquaintance to mine. I mean, he's got quite the record with with his flint lock, so I'm just going off of his his stats.
Speaker 1: And they're talking about participating in Montana's December general season what do they call it? The Heritage season? Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Corey saying the two twenty four zena Warrior Princess Disney Channel cal says Valkyrie, Marge without an answer, Randall says Valkyrie. Logan says Lapua or a loop loopa? Okay, Donnas says swift. What's the Swift caliber? Is it a two? And Brody says Valkyrie. The correct answer is Valkyrie. Valkyrie are a group of maidens who serve the god Odin. They are sent to battlefields to choose which soldiers are worthy of going to Valhalla. The two to twenty four Valkyrie was introduced as a varmit cartridge, with most bullets weighing between sixty and ninety grains. During the COVID AMMO shortage. It was some of the easiest ammo to buy, as tracked by Jordan Sillers in a twenty twenty one med Eater article called the hardest and easiest AMMO to buy right Now. During that article, Logan was, excuse me, Jordan was looking at inventories and he found that you could buy the two to twenty four Valkyrie almost anywhere. That brings us to the end of the game. Yanni has won with eight correct answers. We should have stopped it question eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, because then it would have remained a perfect game.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do with your five hundred dollars today? Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, I hadn't.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 2: It entered my mind at like question five or six. I was like that, it's stupid to start thinking about where you're going to send the money to.
Speaker 3: So what do you do now that proposition one default.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go with because the Ambler Road thing seems to be.
Speaker 10: Uh, it's going to be back in play for sure, popping back up.
Speaker 2: But I think that Alaska b h A is uh up there working hard at it. So we'll give it to them and the next time I'll figure out who because there's an actual group like created specifically to fight them.
Speaker 7: Do you remember the name?
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, I mean there's there's there's a handful yeah b h A, t R c P. But it's one coalition. But I think it was created through through all those guys.
Speaker 1: What do you mean it's coming back up again. It's good. The new administration will like got overturned. The new administration will likely overturn the overturn. Okay, five hundred dollars to the Alaska Pagetcha. Join us next week for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show Conservation always wins.
Speaker 7: Thank Spencer. Spencer.
Speaker 11: Spencer, Yeah, Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host using those smooth, mellow tones. He lays damn questions down. He likes taking those two and three year old bucks. It is an avid amateur
Speaker 1: Lock