Speaker 1: I am all in all I guess you Stars Hollow Style with Easton Allen, an iHeart Radio podcast Everything you've heard is true.
Speaker 2: This is an iHeartRadio podcasting you are with Easton Allen.
Speaker 1: That is me. It is Stars Hollow Style.
Speaker 2: We are talking about the close of Gilmore Girls, going sequentially episode by episode through the entire show.
Speaker 1: It's such a fun time. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: This week, we're doing season two, episode nineteen, Teach Me tonight. This is a big episode, you guys, is a big episode. Rory does that does some bad stuff. Kirk creates one of the most viral moments on TikTok. Big episode, big episode. But we are going to talk about the clothes. We're not talking about any of that stuff. Okay, So calm yourself down, hold your horses, let's get moving cold Open. Loral and Rory are waiting in line at Dozy's Market and they're watching the new bag Boy spin jars in a coyote ugly style way before we put some in the bag. It's very fun and they are looking pretty and pink. Lorele is wearing this really nice pink shirt with floral accents on the cuffs and on the collar. You know, I was trying to find a way to describe the shirt that Laura is wearing here. I it's kind of like a Henley, but there's no buttons. It's a it's a it's a it's not it's not quite a sweater, but it's it's thicker than a shirt, and it kind of the the neck line goes to about mid chest and then it flares out like a like a button or like a polo shirt would, but there are no buttons.
Speaker 1: But it's very nice and along the collar and.
Speaker 2: Where the fabric splits there's a nice little floral pattern there. Rory is wearing a button up shirt with a pink all over floral pattern that I can only describe as bursting. It looks like springtime on her shirt. It's very fun to see. I know, it's still cold and stars hollow when we're at this point in the story, but some nice spring flowers on Rory Gilmore here in this cold open. Next up, we are going to Luke's. Rory and Lorelei are trying to choose the movie for movie night they have. Lorelei has taken over the task of choosing the film. Lorela is wearing a blue loosely knitted possibly crocheted. This is a This is a knitted sweater with really big gaps in between the stitches. It's again, it looks like a springtime kind of sweater. It's very you're not wearing this for warmth? Who wearing this for style? Looks great on her though. And then she's wearing this like bronze necklace of this oblong kind of shape, triangular. It looks kind of like the Star Trek badge, the the I'm sorry, I'm not a Star Trek fan, but the something Federation.
Speaker 1: Emblem. That's what that looks like. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Some nice jewelry in this episode. That blue color scheme continues into the next scene at the Gilmore House, Lorli wearing a cowboy snap button up shirt with vertical Southwestern inspired stripes, and it's a very similar blue to the nid sweater we just saw her in, So it's it's kind of a similar palette. And I think it as the viewer, when you see her in these very similar colors, I think it helps continue like like it tells you that Loralai is experiencing a similar thing that she was going through in the earlier scene, she's she.
Speaker 1: Is unsure, she is confused, and that is that.
Speaker 2: But in this scene at the Gilmore House, she's feeling a bit more comfortable and therefore these she's got these stripes to show her how her confidence is lined up. That's my interpretation. I could be totally wrong, but it's a cool it's a cool shirt. It's a very western looking shirt. It's got like it's called alternating kind of earth tones in these vertical stripes. She has paired this shirt with her seven furl mankind jeans. She wears these all the time. We love them, you love them. They're a staple of the outfit. Another way she styled the shirt that I thought was interesting was that she only has like the middle two maybe three buttons clasped the top two or three in the bottom two are undone, so it's kind of like a it's like a hey, I'm maybe I'll button this whole thing up. Maybe I won't, you know, it's kind of fun. And then she's got a white tank top underneath that. So this is one of those episodes where everybody kind of wears the same thing. Because, as you remember, Rory gets into a car accident with Jess that they get into a wreck and she goes to the hospital, and because of that, most of the characters stay in the same outfit for a lot of the episode. Not a lot to talk about it here, but we're going to do it nevertheless, And there is something very exciting that I cannot wait to talk about from when Rory gets home from the hospital, what she wears when she's recuperating at home with her cast, and we're going to talk about that. After these very important words, we're back.
Speaker 1: This is Star's Hollow Style.
Speaker 2: My name is Easton Allen, part of the iyamol In podcast Network. Thank you Scott for trusting me with your precious airtime. I hope I'm not letting you down. And speaking of not letting you down, I told you we talk about this very important outfit from after Rory got into the car accident.
Speaker 1: Was I joking? No, we're going to do it right now. Okay.
Speaker 2: So Rory's at she's at home, she's cozy in bed, she's recuperating, and she's wearing these darling pajamas.
Speaker 1: It looks like a poodle pattern on them.
Speaker 2: Looks like little kind of cartoon poodles.
Speaker 1: And I loved him. I was unable to figure out the brand.
Speaker 2: I know that Dan Gilmore girls, they love Rory especially, they love Nick and Nora. That's a brand that they love. They've used those pajamas a lot, and these I are not Nick and Nora. Nick and Nora. The patterns are much larger much. I haven't seen Nick and Nore do a repeating pattern. It's usually like a bunch, you know, it does repeat, obviously, but very infrequently.
Speaker 1: It's usually like.
Speaker 2: A stack of pancakes, a cup of coffee, a thing of orange juice, a fried egg, and like really large items pieces of interest scattered throughout the pajamas. This is just straight across poodles. They all look the same, they're just different colors. So I don't think this is Nick and Nora. I think it's a different pajama brand. But pajamas loom large in the world of Gilmour, and they are what Rory changes into during this very vulnerable part of her of her young experience, which she has to wear a cast, and she was in a car accident with a guy that's not her boyfriend. It's a lot going on for Rory, but she's finding comfort in these pajamas, and.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 2: We're moving on to the movie night in Downtown Stars Hollow. When Rory meets up with Lane, she Elaine puts a sticker on Rory's cast. She does not sign it. She puts a sticker on there, and it's a sticker of our old friend, Emily the Strange.
Speaker 1: Elaine does not call her Emily the Strange. She calls it.
Speaker 2: She says like a sad girl for a sad girl, or something like that, and then puts the sticker on very clearly.
Speaker 1: Emily the Strange.
Speaker 2: Second Emily the Strange appearance in the show, Laura I was wearing a weird cat shirt from Emily the Strange earlier a couple episodes ago, but it was fun to see her come back. It's fun to see stuff repeat in the show, and it's fun to see Emily the Strange. It just reminds me of the two thousands, which is the main reason we watched this show.
Speaker 1: It takes us back to a simpler time.
Speaker 2: And speaking of repeating outfits, here, we love when Gilmore Girls repeats outfits. It's very, very fun. And this happens at this movie night scene with a shirt that is haunting me, torturing me, driving me mad. You guys, I've lost my grip on reality because of this shirt. Laura I at the movie night. She is wearing kind of a dull rose pink coat over a graphic tea. And you, guys, you guys, this graphic tea is killing me.
Speaker 1: It's killing me.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's been dazzled, it's got words on it, it's got an image. We have seen this once before in the show in this season. It showed up in season two, episode eleven, Savings and Loans. Laura I was wearing this when she was outside talking to Luke about the termites, and she's wearing it again. In both scenes she's wearing a jacket or a coat over the shirt so you can't see what it fully says. And I'm sitting here screaming, going why put Laurli Gilmour in a graphic t if you're not gonna let us read it? Okay, why do you show me something if I can't have it? It's it's crazy. So I have stared at this for hours, hours, friends, and this is what I have determined. It looks like a kiss mark, like lipstick, like like if you put on lipstick and kiss something. It looks like that. It's multi colored. It's almost like tied. I just the pattern of the lips. The rest of the shirt is like a teal green. It's dazzled. The outlines of the graphics have ryanstones on them, and it in groovy font. It has words that I don't know for sure because I haven't seen the shirt uncovered, but I believe it says kitten. I don't know what that means. I've researched. I can't find anything that matches smitten kitten. That's what I think.
Speaker 1: It says.
Speaker 2: You don't never get a good look at this shirt. I'm hoping as the show goes on, we get a better look. I was conferring with our uh with the brain trust here at Star's Hollow Styles, talking to our good friend Melissa at ten percent Caffeine. I was like, hey, have you seen this shirt before? It starves me crazy? And she's like, uh. I just want to say she gave me some props for recognizing it was a repeat, because it looks like the.
Speaker 1: Student has become the master.
Speaker 2: I don't think she got that yet, but she wasn't able to tell what the shirt says either she also has been looking for it.
Speaker 1: It's uh, it's it's baffling.
Speaker 2: So hopefully we get to see the shirt in old Glory sometime in the future. I don't think that's going to be the case for a while, but I will keep you guys posted. Those are the outfits in this episode that it wasn't that wild. There wasn't that much like. This wasn't a fashion heavy episode. I was not very wowed by much of anything, but also wasn't like deeply offended. So let's go through and pick our least favorite and our most favorite.
Speaker 1: I guess least favorite. Let's say.
Speaker 2: Least favorite's gotta be the Lorelei's blue loose knit sweater. I thought it was nice, but not that nice.
Speaker 1: Let's say that.
Speaker 2: And my favorite, I like Rory's pajamas, the poodle pajamas. That's who wins, you know, actually, I know, changing my vote, change my vote, and this is my show.
Speaker 1: I can do whatever I want.
Speaker 2: Okay, My least favorite is this damn shirt that I can't read, the smitten Kitten shirt. That's my least favorite outfit in this episode. Let me know what you guys think. At I'm all in podcasts. We're gonna have some of these looks posted up there, and we're going to do this again next week, Season two, episode twenty TVPG.
Speaker 1: We were blown through season two, you guys.
Speaker 2: This is so much fun. Maybe one day we'll get caught up with the main recap. Maybe, but maybe not to stick an find out. We'll do this again next time, byet Hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at i Am all in podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com