Speaker 1: What's going on is Juwan Alejandra, We're Black Odyssey catches on the Bootleg keV podcast Appreciation.
Speaker 2: That's not the plan Bootleg camp podcast special guests here Black I see it's good man, welcome. You know what, I gotta admit something to you guys. I didn't realize you guys were like a group. I just thought you were Black Odyssey. It's kind of like an atmosphere type thing.
Speaker 3: Get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like there's slug and ant and there's so Black Odyssey is a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a duo.
Speaker 2: It's a Tucson Yeah. I heard they call you guys the gruesome Toosome. Why I've never heard that.
Speaker 3: In my life.
Speaker 2: So how long has Black odyesstly been a thing?
Speaker 3: Since twenty fifteen?
Speaker 2: So twenty fifteen, you guys, did you guys meet in Austin?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I started as a rock band together. I was working in the village. He was working in the pizza shop.
Speaker 2: Nice and I was going in there getting which pizza spot was. It was it like on sixth somewhere? Nah, it was.
Speaker 4: It's kind of out like in the bougie part of Austin.
Speaker 2: Like, you guys, would you consider I know you guys aren't from Austin, You're from Florida, You're from Jersey. Yeah, you guys have been there for almost a decade, right, you guys have probably seen the like crazy growth facts twenty fifteen was like peak good south By years, well towards the end of the great the Great south By years. But is it kind of crazy to see the growth of tech like Austin is wild? Like I just think like we're fader for it is. There's like a whole foods and a target now, It's like it's kind of wild. Like what do you how do you guys feel about like seeing that growth in the city that you know, you guys call home because it is like, especially during the pandemic, I feel like everybody moved there.
Speaker 1: I mean shit to me, it's been interesting because we've seen like the economic development in the city blow up crazy. But as for musicians, the infrastructure for industry there has been stagnant the whole time through So it's been interesting to see a growth side by side and how much like the music industry has got pushed out of Austin since you know, the economic development went crazy, So that has just been a super interesting perspective in general, because we.
Speaker 2: Think like Austin's like a live city or a live music city, right right, right right, But now it's like comedy's there. There's all this text shit going on, like yeah, yeah, Rent's probably going up, is it that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How many times have you guys ate a barbecue and an alley off of a trash pail?
Speaker 3: I ho fuck with that?
Speaker 2: Salty as shit, bro, Really you don't like barbecue.
Speaker 3: I liked it the first year I moved there.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've been in an alley eating off of a trash candlid like seventeen times. And I don't even live there.
Speaker 1: It's a gain like thirty pounds when I moved to Texas.
Speaker 3: I used to be fit.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not like fat. Yeah, I'm getting there though, me and you are both getting there. I like the jacket it hides the getting there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wear xls now.
Speaker 2: So break down your guys's roles when it comes to Black Odyssey.
Speaker 1: So I approached Alejandro, who's a guitar player. Like I mentioned, we started as a.
Speaker 2: Rock band and that was the name. Was the name Black Oysty. When you guys were in the band or you didn't.
Speaker 3: Have a name.
Speaker 1: I was going by Sam Houston at the time. Its fucked up, but I was going by Sam.
Speaker 2: Houston with the band behind you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So I had these tracks.
Speaker 1: I'm a producer and a songwriter, but it lacked in live instrumentation. So I was trying to tap in with some people in town that that could bring that element. And his his the way he plays guitar adds a different live element to the records that goes further than just guitar playing. So almost like using your instrument to create, you know, achieve different production things that you can't really do in the box.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you shred shred, but like soulful shred and just like like you said, atmospheric and like kind of making the guitar just like a production tool.
Speaker 4: And that's definitely evolved as we've evolved.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You guys like had some big legends on records like George Clinton, Booty Collins. Obviously that's pretty crazy. How do you end up making something like that happen?
Speaker 1: Man, The commonality between all the hearts because we came from two totally different worlds. I'm from Plainfield, New Jersey, Right, That's what Parliament Funkadelics started, and he came from like a rock background, so I didn't know anything about Rage against the Machine or I thought led Zeppelin was one person type.
Speaker 2: Shit shit shot the Black Odyssey.
Speaker 1: So like, yeah, man, like I learned about that, you know, world of music, and in turn, I was showing him D'Angel and I was showing him all that kind of shit. So we always had a common appreciation for like funk and like psychedelic music, and that was George Clinton and Booty College.
Speaker 2: What do you guys like, no a cousin who knows him, or like, how do you get that? I feel like those are the easiest guys to get ahold.
Speaker 1: Of yo that asked we were on We were here on the trip. This is George Clinton, right, and I've seen We had been like talking to our label on our team for a while about trying to type in with him, and everybody's like, bro's fucking George Clinton, Like you can't just call him right and it works, right facts. So I've seen a video of him here for uh yeah, their star, their star, and I showed him and I was like, Yo, let's go down there and just go cold up it to him and talk and we laughed at all because we wasn't serious. But we was shopping on Melrose that same day and his nigga just walked by us and it's fucking like silver trench, Like, yeah, I didn't even notice who it was at first. I'm like, that's a funky ass outfit. And I looked and he's walked by me and I'm like, yo, that's that was George Joran just walking down Melrose bro It was nuts, like and that's what I'm saying that it has to be got, you know what I'm saying. So he's walking past and I look at all halls and I'm like, I'm not really kind of nigga that that was like wait for a celebrity to talk to him. But I'm like, I have to do this, you feel me. So he went into the store and was shopping, and I just waited outside like I was on the phone calls capin.
Speaker 3: I wasn't on the phone. I just wanted to see normal.
Speaker 1: So I was waiting on the phone, and as soon as he walked out, I acted like I saw him by mistake, and then I went up to him and I started, you know, talking, and he didn't. He wasn't very responsive. Like I told him I was from Plainfield and I told him like I knew some people in his family and shit, and he just kind of was like yeah, and he just he just I told him I wanted to work on the record with him, and I didn't like. I was like that, that's not how I thought that was gonna turn out.
Speaker 2: It didn't go well in your opinion at the time, No, not at all.
Speaker 3: It didn't.
Speaker 1: It didn't seem to do anything. Two weeks later, I told him who we were. I told him the name, and his daughter was with him too, so I said, you know the name to his daughter. Two weeks later, she dms me on Instagram out of nowhere. She's like, yo, George, George is down to do a record, which played with Ship. He hears the similarities, like that's what you're doing. George is down and do a record. So we sent him the record that day, hopped on FaceTime and.
Speaker 2: Pretty much cooler on FaceTime. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: My dad used to follow him back in the seventies. So I told him all that and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was nuts, bro, your dad would go to like shows and Ship.
Speaker 3: He was just follow them. On the road with my mom.
Speaker 2: Really, your parents must have been raging high as fuck, doing all the good drugs.
Speaker 3: All of them, bro, all of them. It was nuts.
Speaker 2: Paoti shrooms Payot Paoti is like a you know, it's like a I think it's a cactus, right, Yeah, it's crazy you eat it and your trip balls. That's what they like. That's what they used to do, yot. The mothership connection, the mothership connection? What about Booty Collins?
Speaker 3: We just we DM George and we were like, Yo.
Speaker 2: Do you know Booty? I mean, do you do you know his number? Or can you connect me?
Speaker 3: Connect you for sure?
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying like, hey, thanks for doing the song. By the way, can you connect it with Booty?
Speaker 3: Literally?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, yo, can you connect me with Boosy? He was like yeah, got you just give me a few days. He did a DM connection and shout, George, bro huge, I'm telling you, like, this is so much love. So he connected us and he hit us right. He hit his back right away, relatively, and he was like, yeah, I'm down. I think six months went by between responses and we pretty much figured like that he wasn't going to do it right, do it? Meaning narrate the whole record and ship like that. And I as we were wrapping up the record, we had already tapped him with Keisha Pump from Grizelda to to to be the narrator of our of our concept album, and we have figured that that Bouchi wasn't gonna do it because they had they hadn't responded in six months. But as we're getting ready to go into mixing for the record, he hits us and he's like, Yo, y'all still want me to do this? Can I can do it like tonight? So yeah, that she just fell in our laps. He just sent it right back.
Speaker 2: Uh are you are you, buddy? Are you like pretty hip to all the rap ship because you guys getting Benny the Butcher on records and like you know that.
Speaker 4: Man. I mean obviously I just evolved as a person, especially since moving to Austin, right, you know, because Panama City, as you know, Southern Alabama just uh, you know, not as exposed over there.
Speaker 2: Fucking get her duns out there. Absolutely, there's some getter dons in Austin, though I think people forget Austin's to Texas. Sometimes you're in Austin you're like, oh, this is this is a vibe and then you're like eve and you're like, oh, there's some other ship going here.
Speaker 1: That's why I think it's cool about him though he doesn't give a fuck. We could be in a room with Freddy. He was in a room with Freddy. I didn't even think he really knew who he was. It's just like, what's up exactly what do you do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's school as fun.
Speaker 2: Who's in charge of the artwork, Because your guys' artwork is super dope. It's very consistent in terms of like colors and I feel like vibe, Like I think that's like what caught me initially was just like, oh ship like because I feel like that's kind of like your first impression for anybody you know, is that? Is that? Do you handle that? Do you guys handle that together?
Speaker 1: It's collectively my manager over there, Like it's something that we all sit down as a team and look at, like we we discussed what we want to capture in a still, and like we brained him different ways to do it.
Speaker 2: You guys said up photo shoots for that and then just go through a bunch of options.
Speaker 3: And yeah, for sure. This particul the album cover.
Speaker 1: It's like an erotic novel, so we wanted to like capture the the the picture of like lusting and like not being able to escape your addictions and it's still so.
Speaker 2: So that's the theme of this new album. Yeah, erotic. Have you guys ever read any erotic novels as a point of reference?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 1: Never, I've seen Fifty Shades Are Great? Now, Yeah, that's all I need. Terrible movie, really bad, like all time bad.
Speaker 3: So many bitsches in there though, so I was like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gone, Yeah, definitely for the theater. The theater is definitely. I just I can't speak to the movie it was. I was expecting a lot because the book was so popping. Now that ship was cheeks bro.
Speaker 3: It was weird.
Speaker 2: Weird. What's worse, Fifty Shades Are Great? Or The Weekend's new show?
Speaker 3: I didn't see that. I saw this clip of him being tough earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just watched the first episode a couple days ago, and I loved the Weekend and I hope it gets better. But the first episode was crazy. What is it called thee Yeah, I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 3: I've been I've been a fit.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stick with it. I'm in.
Speaker 4: But early episode was fifty shades and great, right, wow, that's right, Yeah, that's that's what. It really got me into the weekend for sure. Really, but then Chos just yeah, we went look at you. That's what I'm saying. Man, it's all exciting, all right.
Speaker 2: You already know. Man, we got to stop the interview. Shout out to my bookie right now. If you go to my bookie and sign up. Man, I was just playing roulette like live with a real person, spinning the ball on webcam at the casino, my bookie, dot Ag. You can, of course bet on baseball, but really you gotta get down with the casino. They got the slots, they got all the card games, blackjack, cracks, roulette, table games galore. It's a full fledged casino, my bookie dot Ag. And when you sign up with that promo code Bootleg, sign up right now.
Speaker 3: Use that promo code Bootleg. They're gonna get you hooked.
Speaker 2: Up with the first deposit bonus, my bookie, don Ag. Let's get back to the interview now. If you guys don't know about King Pom, King palm is all natural raw baby, Yes, all right, we're talking about the leader when it comes to tobacco free, natural organic leaf wraps. If you're a smoker, a tote or a straight West coaster, you know what I'm saying. Whatever you're into King Pom's, they got it for you. What's great about these these are like one of the best products that they sell. Now, this is a turping infused tobacco free leaf. And what's dope is you stuff your flour into it and then you press on the thingy, you know what I'm saying, and then you got flavor. I'm gonna show you what it looks like when it's stuffed with some great tree from Harden of course. Ah, look at that right, get that thing stuffed up. The tip has got that flavor in it. Wherever you're at, man, make sure you check out the You know they got the smoke shops, they got those on lock. They got seven eleven's on lock. We're only smoking out of King Poms. Baby, you already know what it is. And if you go to kingpoms dot com, Kingpom dot com, Kingpom dot com and you use the promo code bootleg keV, you will save fifty percent off at checkout half off at checkout fifty percent off if you go to kingpom dot com and use that promo code. The promo code is down below. Go run it up. Try some of these flavors too, man, the peach, pineapple, the strawberry shortcake. They just got so much going on. There's also all kinds of dope smoking accessories. You can get half off, y'all. What are we talking about? Save fifty percent off kingpom dot com promo code below. It's either bootleg or bootleg kev'm these promo codes. You got my head hurt. Try both of them, all right, one of them get you fifty percent off. God damn it. Anyway, let's get back to the interview. What's it like not being black and being in a group called black?
Speaker 3: Honestly?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm Cubans are like, right, but not black. You're not Afro Cuban deep deep in the spirit, Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm just kidding, Like I approach life with like soul and like you know, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I feel like you black on the inside too, bro.
Speaker 2: I mean, I I don't know. I bought an ancestry kid. I got to spin in the tube and send it out I'm definitely a lot of Europe or Ireland. I think I'm Irish.
Speaker 3: I thought Italian for some reason.
Speaker 2: I mean, I could be wrong. I have no idea Polish.
Speaker 1: I dated a Polish girl in high school. Her day was so fucking racist. That sounds about right, Yeah, yeah, sounds crazy. What's your manager over there? He looks like he could be from fucking Scandinavia.
Speaker 2: That motherfucker looks like he's related to Nicole Jokic. Bro, he looks like he looks like he just want a chip over there.
Speaker 3: Me and him grew up together. We were in music school in sixth grade.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Jersey. Yea, how far is uh? What part of Jersey plans plan? Where's that in terms of like where the Sopranos took place? And then New York City?
Speaker 1: Uh, that's about forty minutes from Bergen County where the Sopranos took place.
Speaker 2: And then there's like, because I've only been I just was in where did we go to shoot with the what's that kid's name? Just got out of prison that we shot a shot with in Jersey? Fuck i'lb he's on Empire. I'll be al. Yeah, yeah, we were in some some neighborhood in Jersey.
Speaker 3: Jersey City or Newark or some ship. I lived in Nork for a long time.
Speaker 2: I definitely texted Drew Ski when I was there, and I'll tell you right now because I was like, Drew Sky, I'm in Jersey.
Speaker 3: Is he is he from Jersey too?
Speaker 2: Drew Sky? Yeah? Which Drew Sky we talking about?
Speaker 3: There's some the funny one.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, I was in Jersey Jersey City. Is that where we were?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jersey City out there.
Speaker 2: It was like a small it was a different area. We're in there. Oh yeah, he took, He took well, and he took He bought a honey pack. Right, Did you put the honey pack in the honey button? You guys ever have a honeypack?
Speaker 3: No? I don't even know what that is?
Speaker 2: From the gas station. It makes your dick card?
Speaker 3: He put any on the honey buon magic honey.
Speaker 2: You know what else makes your dick card? Blue Choo. Go to bluetoo dot com and use the promo code bootleg right now. Sign up. You get a month supply for free, same same active ingredient as virn sialis, and if you use the promo code bootleg. Right now you get thirty days for free.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. That was crazy. That was like the Truman Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, if you go to the gas station, they have like the magic packs of honey and then they also have like the Rhino pills, the Blue Rhino.
Speaker 3: I don't be in that section.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's where you check.
Speaker 3: Out, Yeah, like the Horny Goat we and all that all that shit.
Speaker 2: No, it's the magic honey. Really I should have you. Look, if you're like drinking and you're like, look, you know, I'm a little drunk, I might have a whiskey deck. Or you go to bluetoo dot com keep a bluetooth on deck and use the promo goo blutleg and get a month supply for free.
Speaker 3: Is that yo? That is crazy.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say for you, like, uh, you know, because because the Benny record came out last year, right the last hour, what's it like getting on you know, kind of getting one of the elite mcs and this ship too to bless because that's the record George was on too, right m M yeah, what was that process? Like you guys are both obviously, I guess well he's on deaf Jam now, but you know, label made issues shit.
Speaker 1: I mean, the common thread is definitely NeiMa, Like he's he's fucking damn there, Steve Nash at this point.
Speaker 2: Bro, Like, definitely a Steve Nash type of guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's crazy.
Speaker 1: Like I linked up with Benny and we had just followed each other on Instagram and we spoke both East Coast niggas saw. I feel like the synergy was already there, but once Nima got involved in and just made it happen, it was pretty easy.
Speaker 3: He did it real quick. He killed it.
Speaker 2: You're pretty big on a lot of the Griselda shit, all of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Conway is probably my favorite there. Benny.
Speaker 2: Conway's my face everybody. I mean, I love all those guys, but Conway's.
Speaker 3: Nigga wrap his ass off, bro, and.
Speaker 2: He like makes you feel like you're like, damn, I.
Speaker 1: Want to produce for him. That's that's probably the main person. I want to What do you produce on logic? Prox logic?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you've been doing that for a minute, because I feel like anybody who does sh it on logic, like that's what they learned on and that's just what they're.
Speaker 3: On, Like I can't move.
Speaker 1: I started in twenty fifteen and I looked at Ableton and that shit looked like fucking airplane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, able to able To, Like I feel like when you look at Ableton, it looks very intimidating.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't make sense the interface to me, like you know, yeah, exactly, it doesn't make sense to me at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like logic makes sense. Facts, yeah, pro tools make sense. Even even fruit loops. You'll look at it and you'll be like, oh, I see what they did there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, in facts, she'll see pro tools or you'll see fruit loops and you'll be like, I see it. I get it. No, but Ableton is the one where.
Speaker 3: You're just like, this ship looks like, yeah, it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Trigonometry, bro, Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like physics, you do so much on it, Like I feel like if I learned how to use it, I would be such And.
Speaker 2: Then I don't understand the touch thing, Like there's like the big thing they sell and it's just got eight hundred buttons. What do I do with this? Yeah, it's not practical, and I'll be seeing like shots of the people on TikTok shooting fake producer videos. You're fucking NPC ain't hooked up full of shit, You're just pressing buttons. The beats already been made, you know what I'm talking about. Oh yeah, And then there's the DJs who like there's nothing plugged in, like what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Like, bro, I ain't gonna lie. I've done that a couple of times with the beats.
Speaker 1: I did a J set where the whole ship was done in logic already. You just press play, just press play, And I was up there on.
Speaker 2: But you know what, that's at least I respect that because you at least put the set together.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, this transition was crazy.
Speaker 2: And a lot of a lot of the bigger EDM DJs that's what they do, but they do it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've watched like I won't say their names, but like in Vegas, I've watched like some of the biggest DJs in the world just their computer is an Ableton session yep, and they just press play. Yeah. Hey look, yeah, uh, you guys got any tour stuff on the way?
Speaker 3: Yep? We start in September during US and Europe Canada, Are.
Speaker 2: You guys excited to go out. Yeah. Sure, that's where we thrive for sure. So is it just YouTube? Do you guys bring a full, full, full band?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel like the full band is definitely like especially it's got to be the key man because I feel like when I first saw the Roots, I was twelve, wow, and I was like, this is the crazy shit I've ever seen like hip hop band, Like you know. I mean, obviously there's been more incarnations of that since I was twelve, but at the time when I was twelve, it was kind of crazy to see, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love to see the younger like kids feel that for the first time. When we dropped Black Vinces, a lot of those kids fucked with it a lot. It's reminiscent of Outcasts and Kendrick. So they came to the show, but they hadn't they had been going to other shows, so they hadn't seen like off of ups come out and they're doing full orchestrated you know, run through the whole show.
Speaker 2: So I was gonna say, for the type of music you guys are making, I feel like there's definitely like a huge lane now as to where maybe when you first started or even like three or four or five years ago, it was kind of like an underground niche lane as to where now like guys like the sole election radio guys and kind of there's like this lane of just like great soulful music that is finally kind of coming to the forefront, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We're still trying to find our tribe too, bro Like, it's difficult with this kind of music because it's not applicable to like the quick shit like TikTok is. It's not gonna work there, man Like, it's not necessarily like prone to go viral. It's definitely something that people have to you know ingest that's why the live show is important, right exactly. But the the question is like how do you get more people to get to the live show.
Speaker 3: So we're still trying to find our tribe.
Speaker 1: I mean, our fan base has grown tremendously, you know, on a global level in the last two years at Blackoutis has existed to the world, but we're still trying to like crack that code.
Speaker 3: You feel me?
Speaker 2: All right, Listen, I'm on vacation. We're cutting commercials live from Mexico. We're on the beach, dammit to check this out, man, don't forget it's summertime. You gotta go to blue Choo bluetoo dot com from a code bootleg. All right, that's gonna get you a free month supply, same active ingredient as Biagrant and Cialis. Of course, the best part about Bluetoo is it gets you jack super hard. What are we talking about?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: If you're dealing with the rectile dysfunction, do the stress to do to I don't know whatever is going on mentally, it happens too. You can get that eed fixed blue cheo promo code bootleg three months supplied blue Choo dot Com. Also want to shout out to the family at odd Socks, Baby, that's right, shout out to odd Socks. They got all kind of crazy new licenses. They just dropped Man Transformers, they got the Hasbro licenses, now power Ranger socks. Of course, they just did the Coca Cola earlier this year. Of course, the most comfortable socks in the world. Go to odd Socks Official dot com, use that promo code bootleg and save twenty percent off odd Socksofficial dot com. What has been the biggest like uphill battle? You think that you've had to deal with in terms of that because the music is so.
Speaker 1: Great, Bro's it's like we spend you know, an insane amount of time on the music and the details in it storytelling, and I guess the biggest uphill battle has been like the people that it does come across the language is pretty consistently saying this is the best shit I've heard in decades. This is like this, this reminds me it's the best album. But it's it's trying to get it in front of more people and trying to figure out the ways because I'm so appreciative of you like tapping in with us, because it's tough to get people to like.
Speaker 2: I thought I was just tapping in with you. I didn't know there wasn't US, So I'm glad that there's an US.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you guys get that a lot? By the way, yeah, every day. I was like, we try to keep the project serious though, that's what I say, you guys like, it's definitely like you guys have a very mysterious brand. So I guess you can't be surprised if people don't understand kind of the full dynamics, because if they're just passive fans and they're like, yo, I came up because I mean, you guys have some records that have done well on the streaming side. You know, for sure, who would for you, like, would there be any sort of like dream collaboration that you are working on or want to see happen soon within within reason? You know, everybody wants to work with Andre three thousands and you know I knew, by the way, he's got a new album on the way, Killer Mike said that.
Speaker 3: I was just saying that on the way here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Killer Mike's new albums fired too, by the way, Crazy, Yeah, incredible.
Speaker 3: I got to listen to the whole thing, but yeah, he's incredible.
Speaker 1: Dream collaboration, Andre, Yeah, I mean I see it happening for sure, and Kendrick as well. I see that for sure coming through. Uh. As far as like production though, because we're a production dude. We just finished executive producing Rahap City's new album.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and she's on she on this album for the last album. She's on this album.
Speaker 3: Two features to.
Speaker 2: Rhaps she's one of them. Once Crazy and you guys work with the Alchemist. Yeah, so what was that? Did he handled the full production on that one, and you just kind of did your thing out.
Speaker 3: He sent he sent the record.
Speaker 1: I had sent him a joint and I was like, yo, like I want to do a switch up right here, and I want you to beat to come in. And I sent to him and he was like, Yo, the ship that you have there is crazy? Are you sure you want to? I was like, bro, to work with you would be what we need, right. So he sent a bunch of stuff back, and he's very hard to get in touch with it, so I know then I didn't hear.
Speaker 3: From him for a while.
Speaker 1: So we just threw some stuff over it and sent it back to him and he was working with it. He threw a couple more things.
Speaker 2: In it, and did you shred over? It's some Alchemists?
Speaker 3: That was actually the song that I got to shred over crazy. Yeah it's him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's them talking like having this like psychedelic sexual conversation.
Speaker 2: And you're shredding in the background.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's discussing.
Speaker 2: Would you consider it? I feel like your music is very solid music to shroom too.
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 2: Is that fair?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Or fun?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm like a like I do enjoy mushrooms heavily, and I feel like when I hear your guys are ship, I'm like, man, there's some shit I can listen to. Like looking at the Star, it's just fucking yeah, tripping.
Speaker 3: Ball to make it take you out there.
Speaker 4: It's like cinematic as possible.
Speaker 2: So it's like, you guys are like the fucking soulful tam and Paula. Because I didn't know Tame and Paula was one dude, So it's kind of the opposite, right, It's kind of like I always thought Taming Pola was like thirty motherfuckers, So when I found out it was one guy, my whole world melted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was nuts. When I found out.
Speaker 2: Too, I was like, this guy's a maniac.
Speaker 3: It's crazy to him.
Speaker 2: Man. So you said, Andre, well, you know what's crazy is like, has anybody from Dreamville reached out to you guys, because I feel like you guys are definitely like, yeah, you guys should do dream Bill fast or something.
Speaker 1: I think we yeah, yeah, I don't know what happened. I wanted to do that. They hit us up for some shit. I don't think I went through. Somebody from Dreamville did reach out. I got this weird superstition about signing to artists.
Speaker 2: I'm not even talking about that. I just mean like to work or to collaborate.
Speaker 1: I would love to and those are That's what I'm saying, Like, those are the kind of top ends like that we would fucking like we would love to have.
Speaker 3: We just I don't know. It just feels like at this point, I mean Earthkake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they talked in with us, but I've been wanting Cold to see us for a minute.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Jid is incredible. You guys work with Mariva, right, Yeah, Mariva is a part of a spillage village with Jid and Black and everybody. So yeah, Mariva's incredible.
Speaker 3: Fu bro, She's such a good writer.
Speaker 2: Yeah she's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeahs On that.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Mariva, I was gonna say, uh, there is I agree with you on your point about not signing to an artist, but if there was an artist assigned too, I feel like it it would be Cold. Yeah, because I feel like Cole has done such a good job of like high art integrity artists, and like he's so out the way that like when you think of Dreamville, like you think of Cold, but like now I mean, dude, Jid is fucking massive. Ari Lennox is fucking massive, like you know, like, and I just feel like he's done such a good job of like him and Eve over there, I've done such a good job of building like just a high high have a roster of talent that isn't necessarily I'm signing you because you got a fucking hot record. You know, I'm signing you because I think I believe in you.
Speaker 1: He's so different though, j Cole, like I, he's a he's an anomaly.
Speaker 2: Like for sure. I mean he's part owner of the sharl Hornets. Now, yeah, Jordan's sold the Hornets to a group that includes j Cole.
Speaker 3: That's fucking incredible.
Speaker 1: Three billion or something crazy that cru coreat upward mobility.
Speaker 3: Man, that's a generational that he's building.
Speaker 2: When you guys are recording with all the attention to detail, you take, what is the turnaround process? Like, like you guys, does it take a week to finish the song? Does it take two weeks to finish it on take a night?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: How does it usually go?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I feel like it happens pretty quick.
Speaker 3: It does. But at the same time, we'll work on the same group of songs, like he'll bang them.
Speaker 2: Out, and so you kind of have like eighty seventy percent of a song done and then well let's work on the you know, the guitar part, cleaning up there.
Speaker 3: Just beautifying it, you know, like strings. Yeah, exactly know for sure.
Speaker 2: Is this your guys' first tour since last year's albums? There's been two albums you guys are torn on right here right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is our second yea, yeah, the new album is out you how many projects altogether did you guys have? Now this is our second album, second album, okay, and then you guys are starting toward September. Yeah, so go support everything. How do you guys spell your I mean for people who don't know to spell it out for people are stupid?
Speaker 1: B okay O d y s s y okay.
Speaker 2: Cuban Odyssey coming soon. I'm with it. I'm with it. Oh yeah, did you guys got biped?
Speaker 3: I heard?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened? You guys got robbed in the bay?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: So they hit the window of the sprinter bro My.
Speaker 3: Mom had just flew in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we had just come from the start before that.
Speaker 2: I was probably Portland, Yeah, or Sack or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sacramento is what it was.
Speaker 1: Actually, we have My mom is just wing to watch us play on Shorty Too, and we uh we went into a restaurant for about five minutes. Didn't like the way the food and the service looks, so we left out and it was already five minutes.
Speaker 2: I went clean up the quickest quickest ship ever underwear take it all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, suitcase hard drives with our whole album that we have to reach.
Speaker 2: Did you guys have backups?
Speaker 3: We had ship. I was wearing the same underwear for the rest of the tour. We didn't have no breath.
Speaker 2: You can't go to the store and buy some new draws.
Speaker 3: We didn't have no breath.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why the sound guy wasn't helping you out on tour.
Speaker 1: Smells like steak just before we got with Empire though, Okay, have you guys ran into Joe Rogan around town yet?
Speaker 2: Out there?
Speaker 1: Nah? I ran into Dave Chappelle on the trails jogging though.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fucking great. Did you talk?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, So it wasn't like George Clinton, You're like hey, no, I'm on the phone, Like hey, I got I got an idea for an album you should do, you know, maybe narrating, he'd be crazy. We'll go get the new album. Appreciate you, guys. Go check these guys out on tour, Go follow them online. Black Odyssey.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, Appreciate you so thank you.
Speaker 2: Hey. Appreciate y'all watching that. Another interview brought to you by our good folks at Hard Dean. Now listen, y'all, when you're in Las Vegas, you get in that fucking uber, you land at the airport, hit that taxi, tell them to take you to Hard Dean, the number one premium cannabis dispensary in the fucking world.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you. You walk in, they treat you like a king or a queen or whatever you're into, all right. They got the craziest selection to premium cannabis you'll see period anywhere. Let alone in Las Vegas, but just anywhere, all right. Not only can you go get the best tree, you will get the best experience, the best customer service, the best bud tenders. You walk into Hard Dean and that shit just smells amazing. They got their own fucking scent. Literally, you get into my car. I got a bottle of it. My car smells like hard Dean because it's just the best fucking place. Go follow them online. Hardan Underscore Las Vegas. Hardan Underscore Las Vegas. Go to their website, Hardeanlas Vegas dot com. All right, when you go, you're in Vegas, you pull up, tell them I sent you. They're gonna take care of you the right way. All right. Look they got these things in there, man, these Moon Rock pre rolls that I just had that just absolutely melted my face off. Shout out to hard Dean. All right, you gotta go fuck with Hardan man. Hardean Underscore Los Vegas. Thank y'all, man, I love these guys. They're like family to us. And hey, we're gonna drop another interview soon. If you're watching this, you're at the end of the interview.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: Much love,