Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the forty nine Ers First and ten Podcasts, presented by Cisco. Ten minutes of the most up to date forty nine Ers news First Thing in the morning. I'm your host Brionna McDonald, and joining me is forty nine Ers team reporter Lindsay Polaries and a special guest our friend from the team, Hazousaat from forty nine Ers in Espanol. Thank you so much for joining us today, Hiszeus.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for having me. It's a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I want to wish a happy Latino Heritage Month to our entire team on the pod right now into all of the Latino faithful. These weeks between September and October are such a fun and exciting time for the Niners, and I want to give all of our listeners just a peek into what Hazeus does every single day. Hazeus, tell the podcast about your role with the forty nine Ers and how long you've been working here.
Speaker 2: So I started directly with the team since twenty eighteen, but I've been basically involved with the forty nine Ers broadcast since basically twenty twelve, but directly with the team since twenty eighteen, and what I do is during game days, I'm the play by play in Spanish for the forty nine Ers games, and I also I'm also the forty nine Ers insiders, So basically every day I'm over there at Liba Stadium covering practice, press conferences and all of that and producing content for our Spanish audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me what you love about creating content for our Spanish speaking audience of the forty nine Ers Faithball.
Speaker 2: It's definitely amazing because I just remember, like two years ago when we went to Mexico to play the Cardinals at Stadia Stecca, and I knew that the forty nine Ers definitely had a lot of fans in Mexico and also in other Latin American countries. I mean, they're a very popular team all over the world. But when we went to that Mexico game, I was able like to aspires like first hand, like the stadium. It was like we were playing at Levi's. So that makes it like really special when we produce content for the the Latino audience. So it's amazing. I mean that they were able to make them like feel close to the teams, So that's that's a very special feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing is definitely the word to describe it. Be sure to check out his content on forty nine Ers in Espanol on forty nine ers dot com Now Lindsay a few more updates coming out of Thursday's practice. Injuries have unfortunately been a big part of the story for the Niners leading into Week four. So what's the latest regarding the health of the team. Yeah, so we.
Speaker 3: Have a little bit of a mixed bag in terms of injuries. Like you mentioned, it really is not just the story of this week, but the story of the early part of the season. The forty nine Ers have been hit with the injury bug really since the start of the year. But good news is the wide receiver Deebo Samuel Senior, who had a calf strain was actually supposed to be sidelined for roughly two weeks was his projected timeline.
Speaker 1: He actually was able to come.
Speaker 3: Back to practice in a limited capacity on Thursday, which is great. We don't get to spend all of practice out there, but during individual drills did see him running with the rest of the wide receivers, you know, catching some passes from Rock Party as well. So I think definitely a sign that he's trending in a positive direction. We're going to get the final injury report later today, so we'll know more about his status heading into the weekend.
Speaker 1: Than we have.
Speaker 3: Tight end and George Kittle is battling a hamstring injury and he has now been a limited participant in the last two practices. So again another sign that one of your key offensive playmakers is trending in the right direction. Trent Williams, who was out with an illness, was back in full on Thursday. Jordan Eli, the defensive lineman, was limited, same with linebacker Curtis Robinson. The forty nine Ers also welcome back linebacker The Winters. He was dealing with an inkle injury. He was only limited. Still no wide receiver Jacob Cowing in practice, and then Javon Hargrave, who suffered that season ending triceps injury, also.
Speaker 1: Did not practice well. This Sunday, the Niners do not have to travel at all. We get to enjoy a game at Levice Stadium. Again. He is just how important is a home game for the Niners right now as they look to get a record back in the win column.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's very important obviously because of all the support from the faithful. I know when they play in Sulfi last week, they always had like the support also from the faithful, but especially this week because remember that the New England Patriots they play on Thursday on Week three against the Jets, so they're coming with more and more time to rest, more days basically ten days of not playing. So I think that's that's huge for the forty nine ers to not have to travel this week just because of the because the Patriots have the advantage of having more more days of rest this week.
Speaker 1: Yes, this Patriots team is also hungry for a win. They're also standing at one and two. Neither team wants to drop down to one in three. He's just what do you know about this New England team and what should the faith will expect from them on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely they have to be careful with the Patriots running game. They have a two very good running backs in Romandre Stevenson he's a very big back, very hard to tackle, and also Antonio Gibson. And they even have has their third running back former forty nine Ers Jeamichael Hasty. So they rely a lot on the on the running game. In fact, they're coming into this game. Has the number eight in Russian offense in the whole NFL, so that's kind of their their strength. So the Niners have to find figure out a way to stop their running game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lindsey. With injuries across the board for the team, the Niners have been flexing their depth, but there's still a lot of star power on the field, just as we've seen in Week three with the Juwan Jennings hat trick. But who do you think will be the X factor in this game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I actually think it's going to be a position group rather than an individual player, although we did see a number of very impressive individual performances.
Speaker 1: In Week three.
Speaker 3: But I think we have to take a look at the defensive line again, obviously battling a huge loss with the loss of Javon Hargrave, and then we'll find out more about Jordan Elliott, who was limited yesterday. But I think it's going to be really important to see who the next man up is to play alongside Malite Collins or if it's a number of players that will be shuffling into that defensive tack spot. So you know, some of the names that were thrown around were Kevin Gibbons and then potentially toward Gross Matos who can also play on the inside. But I think we're gonna have to see big production from that interior of the forty nine ers defensive line very much. That next man of mentality. And another thing to think about is that the Patriots quarterbacks were sacked seven times in Week three, So if you can get some really good production from that forty nine Ers d line, then certainly I can have similar results and hopefully, you know, get their offense in a place where they're not having a great day at Levi Stadium US.
Speaker 1: How are you approaching this game? Which individual matchups do you think will be crucial in determining the outcome of this contest?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so obviously, since I mentioned the running game of the Patriots, I think the linebackers like Fred Warner is going to be huge in this game to try to stop a guy like our Ramandre Stevenson. But also I totally agree with what Lindsey was saying about the Patriots not not protecting their quarterback really really well. I mean, your Jacoby Briset is taking a beating, so you need to stop first running game to take advantage of that. Because if the Patriots are able to run the ball all day, then you're not going to be able to take advantage of the of the weakness they have at the offensive line. So if if you're able to stop first running game, then you you can. You could think about Nick Bosa, Leonard Floyd going to pressure up Jacoby Brisaid because I think that's that's also gonna be key in this game, that battle in the in the on the trenches and the pressure that the forty nine ers could get on on Jacoby.
Speaker 1: Brissett definitely and his just you watch this team very closely. We're four weeks into the season now. Any player that stood out to you and impressed you so far.
Speaker 2: Ah, Definitely Jordan Mason. I mean, Jordan Mason has done an amazing job feeling in for Christian McCaffrey. I really like the way he runs because he's a powerful back, but the way he cuts the vision he has to find the whole. So yeah, Jordan Mason definitely has a impressed a lot because Jawan Jennings, he has He hasn't really surprised me. I mean, ya one, Jennings has been doing it for a while. Remember he also had a great game in the in the Super Bowl, but definitely Jordan Mason, because we saw flashes of Mason in other years, but this year, definitely he's confirming all the talent he had, and he had a great training, can, great preseason, and now he's just confirming all the talent.
Speaker 1: Mason has absolutely proven himself well. A crucial game ahead in Week four, but faithful that will do it for today. Tune into the forty nine Ers Patriots contest on Fox. You can listen to his ZEWS on the Spanish radio broadcast on forty nine ers dot com at one o five pm Pacific time Sunday. Don't forget to subscribe to First and ten by Cisco for more forty nine Ers updates and turn on the notifications for any breaking news Move the Chains episodes. Thanks for tuning in.