Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to coast am on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And we are back with author, speaker, researcher, educator Gerard Artsen. And the book is called Adam The Adamski Book of UFO, UAP disclosure, early evidence and answers now confirmed by science. So let's get to perhaps what Adamski is best known for, and that is his contact with a Venusian entity or Venusian alien that went by the name of Orthon, taking place back in nineteen fifty two. Walk us through what happened in the Colorado Desert.
Speaker 3: It was actually Adamski who called him Orthon. He gave names to his contacts, who he said did not use names themselves, but for easy reference in his books describing his encounters and what they were telling him. He gave these human beings, he called them human beings, his own names for his readers. And what happened Adamski described it begins this episode in his part of the book, Flying Sources have landed by saying, it was about twelve thirty in the noon hour on Thursday, twenty November nineteen fifty two that I first made personal contact with a man from another world. He came to earth in his spacecraft, a flying saucer. He called it a scout ship. And so it was on the twentieth to November when Adamski, with a group of six friends and students, set out for a picnic lunch in the California desert. They went into the Coxcomb Mountains and just before noon they parked the cars. They traveled in two cars. Adamski had also brought his telescope and he had a Brownie camera. And after they parked the cars, they first saw a cigar shaped ship that was also entered in Project Blue Book as a special Report number fourteen. Not long afterwards, they saw what we know as flying sources of scoutcraft emerged from the mother ship, and apparently one of these seemed to have landed or was gone to land in the nearby foothills. So Adamski went over and to explore, and he felt himself in awe of being so near a craft obviously from another world, until he says his red was was broken when he suddenly realized there was a man standing and not far from him, about a quarter a mile from away from him, and he said he his trousers were different like Ski trousers and he had long hair reaching his shoulders, so it felt it was it was he looked like, you know, a perfectly normal human being, although his fingers were tapered. He said, and he felt. Yeah, he clearly felt in the presence of a very wise being, someone who could see through him and you know, in their in their exchange, Adamski later explained that the being was testing his telepathic abilities because later on it turned out that he could speak. But on his first in the first moments of their encounter, they you know, they they were exchanging, trying to exchange thoughts and ideas through gestures and and yeah, not being able to or seemingly not able to speak the same language. But later on during his later contact he uh and and not just the dam Ski, many many of the contact he have said that the visitors from space are very very good at picking up languages of the countries that they visit, and they also have a translation device.
Speaker 2: And did Orthon communicate to a dam Ski that he was from the planet Venus.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, he This was in the initial stages of their exchange. A Damski asked where he was from, by first pointing to himself and then to to the ground planet Earth, and then pointing to to Orthon where you're from, and Orthon point uh sort of yeah, pointed at the Sun and then made an orbit the gesture of an orbit, and a second orbit, and then uh pointed to himself. And from that Damski concluded that he was from Venus, which was later confirmed in you know, in in in words, so yes he was. He was from Venus.
Speaker 2: And did a dam Sky try and take a photograph of Worthon?
Speaker 3: He mhm, I don't remember if he tried to take I don't think in the moment he had the presence of mind too to ask him for for what do we now would do? Ask for a selfie? But he did take a photograph of the foothills on his way there, and recent enhancements of that photograph, which was made by a simple brownie camera Swedish Swedish photographer and Renee eric Olsen. He enhanced these photographs and this particular one showed a part of the sourcers sticking out from behind one of the hills and a yeah, a figure not very clear obviously because there was a significant distance from which the photograph was taken, but there was the clear silhouette and features of a man standing standing nearby the saucer, so there's no clear photograph of what Auten looks like.
Speaker 2: I understand that there were plaster casts taken a word on shoe imprints.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, when when Orthon had left a Damsky noticed also because Orthon made a point of showing that he was leaving these imprints in the in the sand, in the in the in the ground where they had met, and Damsky noticed the strange symbols in the in the footprints, and one of his one of his friends that was with him, George Hunt Williamson himself also an author and a researcher and did the extensive research in among the Native Americans in South America. He was he had a what do you call that a plaster with him so they could make a plaster cast of of the of the footprints.
Speaker 2: Anything else unusual about him or do they just look like shoe shoe prints in the sand or is there anything unusual about these plaster casts?
Speaker 3: Well, they had strange symbols, and these symbols, if I'm not mistaken, were also found by George Hunt Williamson on one of his expeditions in South America. I'm not entirely sure if these these were the ones, but it was, yeah, some kind of uh attempt at at letting us know certain things. But I must say I haven't. I haven't really studied this particular part of the account because for me Adamski, Adamski's significance is much more in what he understood of life. And you know, he was aware that consciousness is fundamental to to our objective reality. So I've never been too much into the physicality of flying sorcer or of spacecraft. You know, how long were they what was the asthma of where they were cited? It's about why are they here? And if Adamski was teaching about the fundamental nature of consciousness in the nineteen thirties and continued to do so throughout his life, despite critics saying that he came into the flying sourcer business because that's where the money was to be made. That's complete nonsense, because in his books, or his book Inside the Spaceships that relates many more of his later encounters from nineteen fifty three onward, he is told by his extrateractive contacts also about the fundamental of consciousness being fun mental to to reality, and in his even in his latest books, Cosmic Philosophy and the Science of Life Study Course, he continues to talk about consciousness and the need for for humanity to expand its consciousness and it's and it's understanding of life if we are to survive. He even said in a talk in nineteen fifty five, the main thing is not you know about about It's not about flying sources or about me or any any other phenomenon. The main thing is what is transpiring in this world today, and what is transpiring now is that humanity and the coming of the visitors from space is to do or is causing or and should be causing an expansion of our awareness of life and the and the nature of life. So I'm you know, I'm sorry, but I'm not really into the specifics of the things that many critics because you know, all these physical things can be disputed and have been disputed, especially if you don't read what Damski said about it himself. You know, so many of the critics are just parratting the the initial so called analysis by by Jim mostly and when you go when you go into it, it doesn't just doesn't hold up the criticism. And that's why for me, the main part is is the his his vision is the visionary quality of Adamski. He was aware of what is going on in the world. He was aware that we're at the at the you know, a critical moment in in our history. And as I said, he he knew that there's more to life than just being born and dying, and that see, and we have to make the best.
Speaker 2: Of it, Like, right, can you tell me?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry? Science? And that's I think what I've tried to do in my book Science is confirming these very fundamental notions that Adampski has been putting forward throughout his life and his career.
Speaker 2: Okay, so, but can we just if we could just go back to Orthon for a moment, because what was can you share what Orthon's I guess primary message to Adamski was.
Speaker 3: Hm, hm, yes. That's another interesting aspect of this first account when Adamski asked him why are you coming? Why when's your visits or why are you coming here? And Orton then gestured made just of the atomic clouds and a dampsely check are you here because of the you know, the atomic bomb explosions. So and it was also in the first report about this desert encounter in November fifty two. Four days later there was a report in the Phoenix Gazette and it actually headlined let's see if I can Yeah here, we are here, we are flying is also passenger declares a bomb last reason for visits. So it was it was the one of the main reasons for for the visitors from space to come at this particular time in our history. And of course this has been supported by many other many other contactees who were told the same thing. The same time. There's plenty of other UFO researchers who have come to the same conclusion that you know, we started noticing FOO fighters on the tales of fighter jets in World War Two, especially after after the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And there have been numerous sightings of UFOs over nuclear nuclear arm bases and testing grounds starting in the nineteen fifties or maybe even the nineteen forties. And of course we're all I'm sure most listeners are aware of the press conference organized and the documentary made by Richard what's his name, Robert Sallas, Robert Shallas sorry, Yeah, Robert Hastings, Robert Hays, Robert in twenty ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the UFO incursion over Malmstrom Air Force Base that took place in nineteen sixty seven and where they shut down a bunch of ICBM missiles took them offline exactly. And there were others in sixty seven as well, Malmstrom and Minute Air Force Base as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And Robert Hastings for his documentary brought together a group of one hundred and twenty former and active military officers who were based at these nuclear missile facilities US military facilities, and they all witnessed the same thing of missile shutdowns involving UFO sightings. And his documentary from twenty ten documents the same thing from unsuspected in or unsuspicious what do you call that? You know, sources that are reliable, these these military men who haven't trained thoroughly.
Speaker 2: Right, unimpeachable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the same thing was already told to George Dampski and reported by George Dampsky in nineteen fifty two.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more,