Speaker 1: Good Monday morning, everybody. What's up.
Speaker 2: Welcome into a new episode of the Daily Juice podcast with me Matt Perrault. I'm your host for this three hundred and sixty five ish podcast you get wherever you get your audio or video podcasts. You guys can follow me across my own socials at Sports Talk Matt. We are back after a winning Sunday. In fact, we finally had one of these. We have not swept the board in a bit. We did that yesterday. We go three and oh with a plus money play on Kyle Schwarber. More on that trend here. In just one second, we get Tampa Bay and Baltimore coming in with the easy over, and after the rain, the Padres get the win over the Guardians at im As on a wait price.
Speaker 1: So three o eight up over three units to end the week. That's good. I'll go do the math.
Speaker 2: I don't know what we did last week, and my gut tells me we're probably right almost. If we're down, we're down a little. If we're up, we're up a little. Pretty much flat. When you get that three and oh at the end of the week, that kind of makes up for a lot of the nonsense. So it's good to be back. The wedding was beautiful, the trip was awesome. I had a great, great time. And you know when you come back from a wedding weekend, you got to get your bearings a little bit and you got to kind of shake the cobwebs out and kind of get going and going. All right, now, let's let's lock back in. So here is kind of what is going to happen this week. We're going to do baseball for the beginning part of the week. We will end the week again with football as we'll get back in a week two of the NFL Thursday Friday Saturday as the NFL rolls, and then Sunday we'll go back to baseball, most likely just because we kind of have to.
Speaker 1: We don't really have a choice in the matter but to go ahead and jump in on baseball.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of this week, and then the following week we are going to be back to Vegas. I'm going out for the Circa Contest weekend for Thursday, Friday Saturday, so I'll.
Speaker 1: Be out there doing that.
Speaker 2: And so there will be again the West Coast changeover meeting, the overnight posting of the podcast. But that's next week, so we'll worry about next week. Next week. Let's focus on this week. Let's start here talking a bit more about what goes on with the home Run Best Bet tool.
Speaker 1: You guys can go and check this out and.
Speaker 2: Do your own research and kind of figure out what this projection looks like. I think it's really a really cool tool because it shows that it gives you a better against a pitcher matchup that could result either into a home run or doubles multiple hits. RBIs hits runs and RBIs so bettingpros dot Com slash homers. Bettingpros dot Com slash homers.
Speaker 1: Go check it out.
Speaker 2: See what you guys can do with their own research to find out who is the top option for today. Now I have gone and taken the top option today for where we are. Jared Young of the Mets against the Padres is a guy who is being projected as the number one most likely guy to go deep today. Now does that mean he goes deep?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay again, these are home run props are tough. Okay, it's not a lottery ticket, but it's it's it's tough.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: It's not your traditional like this is going to be easy. So Walker Buehler is the pitcher on the other side, and Walker Buehler has been pretty good in the month of August. He's a three point one four ERA. He's given up one home run here in the month of August. He's only going about four or five or six innings though he's not going deep into games at all, seventy six ninety eight pitches his last time out in a sixth inning performance eleven to two win over the Milwaukee Brewers. But Jared Young has been red hot getting hits. Jared Young has gone over a half a hit half a base in six straight games. Now, if you go back to over one and a half total basis, it's five and one. He's gone three, three, four to one, two and five over his lacks cisc games for total basis.
Speaker 1: So you take the Jared Young.
Speaker 2: Prop and you can go over a half over a half a base being a single he cashes. That's like one minus one seventy five somewhere in there. But because I don't like laying juice like that for us, and I don't think we have to do that, I think there's an opportunity here if we're going to run the possession or run the trend rather and say, okay, we like what we're doing. We're five and one doing this trend of taking the top option on the home run projection tool and going to totalit are going to hits runs and RBIs. This is a five star play to go over a half. That's not a five star play to go over one and a half, but it is a plus money play to go over one and a half. And I think it's worth taking a shot at it to fire on it and come in and go Jared Young over one and a half total basis it's plus one seventy six. I mean, we got a pretty good price in this for one unit, he gets a double. That's what happened yesterday to Kyle Schwarber. He started the game off with a double and he went over one and a half total bases and we're good. So this will be Jared Young over one and a half total bases again at plus one seventy six. If he goes deep, that's tremendous. But I mean it's again home run prought's a little more difficult to kind of to project on that. So this is a guy who's been hot. You can play over half a base if you want, so a single will cash it. I played over one and a half to get the best price, to get the plus money and to take a shot here on a Monday, So why not.
Speaker 1: I mean this again, if you.
Speaker 2: Date all the way back to the fifth of Cleveland fifth of August against Cleveland, Jerry Young has gone over this over a half in every single game except one, so that is a total of nine of the last ten games he's gone over a half.
Speaker 1: So again, just no matter.
Speaker 2: If you want to play the odds, you want to take a shot at a half, take a shot at a half.
Speaker 1: It may be a better bet if you.
Speaker 2: Don't mind laying the juice, and you only pay the juice when you lose, so you don't pay the juice when you win the bet. So Jared Young has been a very productive hitter at the plate and gotten on base quite a bit here, so Jered Young may be the best play for a home run, but I like it. Jerry Young over total bases at plus one seventy six here today for the Mets up against the Padres. Now let's go to the Cubs and the White Sox. Pete Crow Armstrong is the top option on the prop bet cheat sheet to go over one and a half total bases for the game. This is a five star play projection is going to three. He is four and three over the last seven games going over, but last game against Saint Louis he snapped an zero for three streak that he was on. But Pete Crow Armstrong, as we know, is a very productive hitter. This is a guy, amazingly enough, at one point in time he was way back of Otani for the MVP in the National League. Now he's right there as a great option for the National League. You can play over one and a half hits, runs and RBIs if you want for this, just depends upon the price you want to pay. It's one fifty two, one fifty seven, one fifty at most books to play over one and a half hits, runs and RBIs for Pete Crow Armstrong. If you just go to the total bases, it's going to be a cheaper price. Now he needs to get more hits obviously on that, because that's a guy who hasn't been that hot here with going over total bases. He hit a home run yesterday, so he got over the total bases of one and a half yesterday, but he is that was yesterday right on the sixteenth, Yeah, yesterday against the Cardinals, so he had two RBIs, home run scored and run. So he flew over hitch runs and RBIs there. He flew over total bases as well yesterday. But he went oh for four on the three previous games. So here against the White Sox a pitching matchup that I think he's going to like a lot here against the White Sox. You know, obviously the cross town rivalry going on. The Cubs are twenty eight and sorry, the Cubs are thirty six and twenty six at home. The White Sox are twenty eight and thirty four in the road, and Luis Castillo's going for the White Sox.
Speaker 1: He has not been good on the road.
Speaker 2: His only road start for the White Sox since being traded over for the Mariners, he went four six hits, five ironed runs given up, gave up a home run. Then he pitched against the Reds at home he went seven, shutout. He was great. This is now on the road here and his road dra has not been great. Five point four nine. He's got two to five record and postmatting average two eighty six, So not a bad guy to fade here on the road against the Dodgers. In his final start up against when he was with Seattle, he went five innings, eleven hits, five earned runs. In a start against Tampa Bay on the road, he went five innings, nine hits, four earned runs. So a pretty good chance for PCA here to attack Luis Castillo and out of the gate, get a double, get a home run, get over one and a half total bases. We're gonna go ahead and take it with PCA over one and a half total bases at minus one oh six for one point zero six units. Now the remaining the remaining bet. I don't love the card, okay, I shopped around a lot on this. Blake Snell is going for the Dodgers up against the Rockies. Blake Snell has been absolutely dominant against the dot Against the Rockies last time out in September, he pitched six innings, no earned runs. Back on the July twenty seventh into twenty four he uh, oh, I'm sorry that was July. No, that's September nineteenth. Against twenty twenty twenty three, he threw z seven innings, no earned runs like he's been really, Blake Snell has been dominant against Colorado. We know Colorado's not very good. We know the Dodgers are the Dodgers here, and the Dodgers enter this losing three of their last four games. Like did this Dodger team needs to wake up and going to Colorado was a great time to do it. They're twenty seven and thirty two on the road. Saguno is on the other side here. He's been good.
Speaker 1: He's twelve and five with a four point four to three e er.
Speaker 2: If you want to talk about the ace for Colorado, you could say he is the ace. The team has won four of the last five games pitched by Seguno. But I'm taking the Dodgers, Okay, I just I think this team has to figure it out and wake up. When Blake Snell on the mound, and how dominant Blake Snell has been against the Rockies. Blake Snell again, one pit one start so far, come off the il six innings, one earned runs and a five to four win and extras over the Royals for the Dodgers. So first half of the parlay, I'm taking the Dodgers over the over the Rockies. The second half is we go to my guy and you can just if you don't want to bet the parlay, you can bet Phillies on the run line if you want.
Speaker 1: But it's just home team run line.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I feel like that's a little bit of a trap today. Jansen Junk going for the Marlins. The Marlins are twenty six and thirty two on the road. The Marlins have been absolutely reeling that this series is tied at five though five and five each, So rather than trying to get created a little creative here with Sanchez on the run line and Santa's on the run line is not a bad bet. The last four games won by the Phillies with Santanel with centres on the mound has been one on the run line, seven to three over Washington, five to nothing over the Baltimore Orioles, eleven to four over the Yankees, ten to seven over the Dodgers. Lost his last start to nothing against the Saint Louis Cardinals.
Speaker 1: He went six no earned runs.
Speaker 2: But I don't I'm a little bit hesitant just to lay it because it's like mice one fifteen, mice one twenty to lay the juice and home team laying juice on the run line just doesn't really sit well with me.
Speaker 1: So let's just go ahead and.
Speaker 2: Do a two leg money line parlay and go Phillies Dodgers money line at minus one oh five.
Speaker 1: It's the first day of the week.
Speaker 2: Not always great to bet parlays, you guys, No, I hate betting parlays, but I just think Phillies Dodgers on a Monday to get off to a good start here. I think both teams will get w's today. You can start to get into this. I like doing two leg money line parlays as we get later in the year with bad baseball teams because frankly, the good teams need to win. The bad teams want to lose, so they aren't. You know their way out of it, and they know it. So let's go Phillies Dodgers' money line two leg parlay at mice one oh five. PCA going over one and a half total bases at mice one oh six and Jared Young going over one and a half total bases at plus one seventy six. But again, you can play that at over a half a base if you want and lay the Juice on that. If you're a little bit scared on that, it's mine. One sixty mise one seventy on that, I'll go and fire on it. Why not, it's a Monday. Let's have some fun. Jared Young over one and a half total bases at plus one seventy six. My name is Matt Paroti. You guys can follow me across all of my socials at Sports Talk Matt every morning wherever you guys get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: It is the Daily Juice