Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: Let's soft travel.
Speaker 3: The worst of the TSA chaos maybe easing, but wait times remain uneven, especially at major hubs like Newark and JFK. The question now is whether that surge and demand for services like Clear can last for more. We're joined by Karen Sidman Becker, chairman and CEO of Clear, and I say, services like Clear, but is there anything else like Clear?
Speaker 2: I don't think other than TSA.
Speaker 1: Roger speaking, I don't think so. I think we're one of a kind.
Speaker 3: So you must have gotten a big boost from your initial agreement with American Express. At least everybody in this office started to use Clear when that came through, and I know you've renewed that.
Speaker 2: How much have you gained from.
Speaker 3: The TSA issues that we've had during this government partial government shutdown?
Speaker 1: I think what you saw in this government shutdown is that travel is hard and getting harder, and that travelers want solutions, and so we introduced a lot of new products right ahead of this. I would say coincidentally that got a lot of awareness from this shutdown, whether it be our relaunched mobile app and the home to gate capabilities, whether it be our beloved e gates, which we're still rolling out and there in forty airports today and are totally magical, or whether it be our concierge and pre check products. We have a significant percentage of the pre check enrollment market. And I think what's important Travelers want predictable, frictionless experiences.
Speaker 4: This was anything, but so did you get a lot.
Speaker 5: Of big boosts to subscriptions over this period.
Speaker 1: Then I think people's love of Clear grew significantly during this time period.
Speaker 2: Really, you see the numbers. Don't you see the numbers? I don't they bring them to your desk.
Speaker 4: I see the numbers. I do see the numbers.
Speaker 1: And I think we reported a very strong fourth quarter before this happened, and I think the strength that we saw and broadly speaking, the need to have a secure identity platform both for travel, but also we're seeing growth, significant growth, we called it escape velocity in the last quarter in our enterprise business, so workforce security and keeping North Koreans out of critical infrastructure, healthcare and fighting fraud, waste and abuse in medicare and other areas. This is a really massively important time to be a secure identity platform and to be a trusted brand, and trust is massively important, and you're knocking.
Speaker 2: Down it seems like barriers left and right.
Speaker 3: I've just heard that some people from other countries who previously couldn't use Clear because they don't have a US ID or passport, can now use CLEAR.
Speaker 4: That is true.
Speaker 1: So forty two visa waiver countries can now enroll in CLEAR. So we're seeing a lot of Canadians, UK, South Koreans, Japanese and this is all ahead of the World Cup and they can do it all on their mobile phone with their passport. And so this is a really transformational time in travel. And I also think that this administration has been really focused on having the US lead in travel and innovation because today we don't Singapore, London, Tokyo.
Speaker 4: They all have better travel experiences than we do in the US.
Speaker 1: And being that we are a leader in innovation, we should lead in travel experiences and security.
Speaker 2: What do you think.
Speaker 3: About privatizing the TSA Because in my experience, and it's obviously only anecdotal, Clear brings me straight through to the X ray machine and then I'm stuck waiting forever in a lot of instances, right, if we privatize the TSA, does that part of the equation get even better.
Speaker 1: So, certainly in the budget that was released last week, the Trump administration talked about privatization. It is something that we advocate very strongly for the power of public private partnership is really important. These eGates we were able to roll out or we are rolling out at.
Speaker 4: No cost to taxpayers.
Speaker 1: So we've got to drive innovation and we've got to let the private sector do what they do well, which is innovation and procurement and speed and customers experience, whereas the government really is great at intelligence and analysis. And so I think the two together and adding more capital to your point, to the physical screening piece, to the home to gate experience is really important. And I think there's so much more that we can be doing there. And I think privatization and public it's not just privatization, because you see Kansas City and San Francisco places where you do have stronger public private partnerships and they functioned much better during the shutdown. You can't let you at travelers be a political football. So I do think i'd call it public private partnership.
Speaker 5: What are conversations with airports like when you want to get Clear added. What do they need to see? What does it take to convince them? Is it money, is it spending? What is it to get it rolled out in more places?
Speaker 1: So innovations about bringing people what they did not know they wanted, and for a long time people didn't know they wanted biometrics.
Speaker 4: Today we cover about seventy.
Speaker 1: Five percent of the US network, so we're trying really hard to get those last airports on board. You know, I think that they need to see the customer experience in other markets. I think they need to see the revenue share in other markets. Because Clear this year will pay over one hundred and thirty million dollars to our airport partners that they can use for infrastructure which is badly needed or other investments that they want. And so each airport is different, and we are working real hard on each one because customers want it. Security is enhanced, efficiency is enhanced. You just saw that it's a no brainer at this point.
Speaker 3: By the way, I went for recently a camera board. It was like a blood test or something at a hospital here in New York, and I was surprised to hear them ask me if I had CLEAR and then I was just whished straight through to the doctor's office rather than you know, going through all the rigmarole at the security checkpoint at the front desk. How much are you expanding beyond airports? How much of your business is that?
Speaker 1: We think healthcare is an enormous opportunity. You look at compliance, privacy, security, and customer experience. They have their own challenges and interoperability. So killing the clipboard and being able to enroll once and use it everywhere for check in for your electronic health record.
Speaker 4: Those are your records.
Speaker 1: You should be able to share them with anybody instantly, just like you can wire money and then also payment and so healthcare is a huge opportunity. We are partnered at the hospital level, We're partnered at the EPIC and the EHR level. We're partnered at the government level rural health transformation.
Speaker 4: It's a huge opportunity.
Speaker 5: How are you thinking about pricing clear plus two hundred and nine a year?
Speaker 4: Can you move that up? Are people willing to pay it? Are you?
Speaker 5: How do you think about different tiers? How is pricing existing in America when such a big conversation is happening right now that the consumer is stretched.
Speaker 1: So our average revenue per user is less than two hundred and nine because there's lots of different ways that people can enroll. And so the way we think about driving oarpoo or pricing is really through new services. And so we have taken pricing over the past few years because the service has massively improved. I believe that pricing is about bringing consumers and partner value, and as we've continued to drive the value, you can continue to drive the pricing. So things like concierge and other partnerships really bring value to our customers and then drive our pricing as well.
Speaker 3: I have a viewer writing in and says, when can we get clear of the Jet Blue JFK terminal? And by the way, I wonder if naming and shaming works right, because there's supposed to be a cutting.
Speaker 2: Edge airline, right, and they've got this whole new terminal.
Speaker 1: So we agree, we love terminal five and I remain very hopeful. Indefatigable is one of our core values, persistent and tireless, and so we love New York.
Speaker 4: Jet lose a New York company, and I agree, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, we love having you on. Thanks so much for joining us. If you can come back. Karen Sidman Becker There. She is the chairman and CEO of Clear