Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the day. Donkeys of the day.
Speaker 2: I'm a Democrat, so being Donky of the day is a little bit of a mixed so like a donkey deal.
Speaker 1: Okay, Don'tky of to day wreck the club bitches.
Speaker 2: Now I've been called a lot of my twenty three years. That donkey of the day is a new white.
Speaker 3: Yes, donkey today for Thursday, May eighteenth, goes to Glendale High School in Missouri. Uh and an unnamed teacher at Glendale High School in Springfield, Missouri. See, there is a fifteen year old young Caucasian girl named Mary Walton who goes to Glendale High School. Dropping the clues bombs from Mary Walton. Okay, she was in geometry class, minding her business when her teacher tried to put together a geometric sequence that simply doesn't add up.
Speaker 1: All right. See, there's this word.
Speaker 3: That no matter how many times you tell people they shouldn't use it, they will find a way, all right, doesn't matter what race the person is. We all know the historical context of the word. We know why the words shouldn't be used by anyone. I don't care if you think it's a term of endearment or our racial slur. It's a word that is divisive and it's just too much blood and baggage on it for it to ever be positive.
Speaker 1: But yet we can't keep it out of our mouth.
Speaker 3: All Right.
Speaker 1: The word I'm referring to is the N word.
Speaker 3: All Right. I wanted to say it so bad, but I'm trying not to. I've been trying not to for years. Okay, By the way, I really haven't found a better way to describe these ninjas than the N word. Matter of fact, I want to apologize to all ninjas out there. Why do we do that to them?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Why is ninja's a default for the N word? We love ninjas? But back to the N word. This young fifteen year old Caucasian girl, Mary Walton, was suspended because she recorded her teacher repeatedly saying the N word.
Speaker 1: Yes, I told you.
Speaker 3: They was in geometry class and Mary's teacher presented a problem she didn't have an answer for. And guess what the reason I'm not saying the teacher's name is because they didn't release it. I didn't give us the teacher's name. They released the young minder's name, but not the teacher. Why, I don't know, but we do have audio. This is the teacher presenting this problem to his geometry class.
Speaker 1: Let's listen. I don't word at all, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: It was like when when a black person is using it towards another black person, it's the same.
Speaker 1: How is it not? Still I don't I don't get it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can't say right.
Speaker 2: Now as a teacher, if you want to keep your job, this isn't the I'm calling anyone.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 3: I wish we didn't bleep the word. I mean in that context. I feel like we should use it for research purposes. But I agree with the teacher that when a black person uses it towards another black person, it's still a derogatory word. I don't use the word in that context, like how YG used it on my N word of how stupid c Murder used it on down for my N words. Now, sadly, I use it the way the white man intended it to be used. Okay, but this teacher is fullish. Okay, if he's smart enough to say he doesn't like the word at all, then why is he using it at all?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: If you can acknowledge me the teacher that you don't like the word, and the word seems derogatory no matter how you use it or who uses it, then why are you using it?
Speaker 1: And more importantly, you.
Speaker 3: Heard the student a student, okay, one of those youngsters. And that's why these youngsters give me hope for the future. One of those students said to him, don't say it if you want to keep your job. If a student tells you that, and then you still continue to use the word, and then even you know, after other students.
Speaker 1: Said don't say it, your response is you can say it. Well, who gave you permission to say it?
Speaker 3: And how did you come to that conclusion after acknowledging that you don't like the word. This is beyond confusing, okay, But what's even more confusing is the fact that Glendale High School suspended the fifteen year old girl for recording what you just heard. I can't make this up. Let's go to CNN for the report.
Speaker 4: Police video shared on social media shows a high school teacher using the N word at least twice in a Missouri classroom. Mary Walton, a fifteen year old student, disturbed, began filming The teacher was initially placed on and minused straight of leave. A week later, that teacher has resigned, but Mary was also punished suspend it for three days over the recording. The school district says its discipline is quote confidential per federal law, but noted that the student handbook limits inappropriate use of electronics and considers the identification of minor students when disseminating video. The school district also prohibits quote recording of faculty or staff in the classroom without prior approval, and recording quote acts of violence. Ho claims that the policy is problematic and it has a chilling effect on students like Mary looking to hold authority figures accountable.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's just in the Daily Mail reports the teacher's name is Kenneth Bowling.
Speaker 1: Oh we got a name, Kenneth Bowling. He's the teacher's name. Look.
Speaker 3: Wait, the first one is to tell kids, if you see something, say something. But I guess in this case is if you see something, say some unless that's something is racism. And I understand it's rules and regulations, but you do know you're punishing this little girl for doing the right thing. So let's just say the school has a no recording policy. But if this teacher was, you know, God forbid, assaulting another student or you know, whether it's sexually or verbally, is someone not supposed to record that? You're definitely deterring kids from keeping track of teachers of misbehavior by suspending Young Mary, because the next time a student sees or here's a teacher doing something wrong, they gonna mind their damn business because they don't want to get in trouble. This is like that law in Arizona that bans people from recording police. A lot of people in Arizona protested against that because it violates their First Amendment rights and it keeps them from holding police accountable. Not that police really care that they're on camera, but you understand my point. Look, there is plenty of times when a person recording should be held accountable. For example, Okay, if somebody set up the tripod and hit record for R. Kelly, absolutely makes perfect sense to discipline them.
Speaker 1: For their recordings.
Speaker 3: But when a child is being verbally abused by their teacher with racist words, it doesn't matter what the school policy is on filming. That young lady should be treated as a hero and celebrated. Okay, I don't care what the student handbook says.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: It says students are prohibited from using cell phones to make audio or visual recordings. The faculty are staff. But what school is going to give a child permission to record a teacher saying the N word?
Speaker 1: None?
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is a perfect example of Look, sometimes two wrongs do make a right. According to the laws the culture, the teacher was wrong for using the N word, and according to the laws of the student handbook, the student was wrong for recording him. But this student was also right because dumb ass people got to be held accountable. And if that teacher thought he had a pass to use the N word, he now know he doesn't. In fact, one could argue Mary saved that teacher's life Kenneth Boling, because if Kenneth Boling would have used the word the N word around the wrong.
Speaker 1: N words, it'd have been bad for him.
Speaker 3: Please let mem Ma give Glendale High School and then unnamed teacher the biggest he haw.
Speaker 1: He haw, he ha. You stupid, mother, are you dumb? You just got you just said the tea his name Kenneth Bowling. Yeah, you said the unnamed teacher.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry Kenneth Boland. I'm proud of yes, I know, man, because it's very hard to say the N word.
Speaker 1: Back to back to back.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm very roll, like you know, you just be wanting to say, he know, yeah, I'm very proud of your saying nigga. I mean, you didn't say the N word one time during that.
Speaker 1: Who they used their word?
Speaker 3: It just say I won't not practicing bad habits, no niggas, I'm not saying it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you did you See what you did to you guys, to see what you did, what you made guys tomorrow, see what you made me do? You made me do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Later everybody else, Let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: Now, the ladies of run the World.
Speaker 2: We're here earlier this morning, and we were talking about whole faces.
Speaker 3: I feel like this conversation comes up every couple of years so often, right, And.
Speaker 2: The question is eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Ladies, do you think you need a whole face?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: You do?
Speaker 1: Men too, yes you do. We wanna talk about when come back? You're jumping already? All right, Okay, I got cause I need to talk about it all right.
Speaker 2: Erica Dutchess, our co host, is here, and that's the question. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one. Do you think you need a whole phase?
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, The Breakfast.
Speaker 3: Club Donkey today is brought to you by the law office of Michael s Lambinsoft. Don't be a donkey. Dob pound two fifty on your cell and say the bull. If you've been hurting a construction accident, that's pound two five ozero from your cell and say the bull.