Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network. Ready, when you're ready, let's get it off here. How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific, six Eastern, and of course Sundays with Jim Valley at ten Pacific, one Eastern. At Saturdays Sunday's are andrews Arian. Hey, we got a lot to get into here today, not the least of which is the passing of the Iron Chic. And normally Mike Simber VV joins us for the show, but he has the day off today and joining us will be Lance Storm, who has met the Iron Sheek. He's gonna talk to us about the Sheic. We'll tell you about his career and plenty more. It is also Wednesday on the show, so you know what that means. Last night was NXT. We'll do the NXT report later on here today day, we've got the lineup for aw tonight. Six segments have now been announced for the show, including another TBS Championship match, as Chris stat Lanner will be facing Anna j. It's gonna be the full lineup for the show coming up tonight. And yes, another major announcement from Tony Khan, which I believe is five weeks in a row, we've had a major announcement from Tony Khan. We've also got the raw ratings from Monday night with no NBA Playoff competition, and there is a lot of competition tonight for Dynamite, So when that number comes in tomorrow, to not be expecting some gigantic number for Dynamite, because it ain't gonna happen. We've also got to the Strong Independence Day lineup. This is the new Japan Strong show which is taking place in Japan on Independence Day and well on July fourth and fifth. And we have also got a couple of a w wrestlers are gonna be working on that show. We have also got an update on two of the NIL athletes we're all over NXT yesterday. They clearly want to get those two signed and uh NXT notes as noted and everything else. If you want to text us you have questions for Lance four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two, five seven eight zero seven five sixty six, Brian at Wrestlingobserver dot com at Brian Albers on Twitter. Back in a moment Observer Live. Are you in the show? Brian Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike Simbervidi, also of Wrestling Observer dot Com. Hossane cosro VISII, better known wrestling fans the Iron Cheek, passed away eighty one years old. His official Twitter account revealed the news on Wednesday, says, remembering the Iron Cheek today, we gather with heavy hearts to bid farewell to a true legend, force of nature, iconic figure who left an incredible mark on the world of pro wrestling. He was with great sadness we share the news of the passing of the Iron Chic, but we also take solace in knowing that he departed this world peacefully, leaving minor legacy that will endure for generations to come. Beyond the rustling persona the world knew so well, The Iron Cheek was a devoted family man, cherish the love and support of his wife of forty seven years, Carol, stood by his side through thick and thin, offering unwavering encouragement throughout his life. Their bond was an anchor, providing him with the strength of faith the face of the challenges life presented. His children, Tanya, Nikki, Marissa, his son in law Eddie. He was not just a wrestling icon. He was a loving and dedicated father, instilled in them the values of perseverance, determination, the importance of following their dreams. The aronschieks, guidance and unwavering belief in their potential served as a driving force for his children, empowering them to become better visions of themselves. Then they've got a bunch of notes here on his career. Of course, He ended the one thousand, four hundred and seventy day reign of Bob Backland beat him for the belt December twenty sixth, nineteen eighty three, which was of course, to set up the win by Hulk Hogan twenty eight days later, as Hogan won the title kicked off Hulk of Mania. He had a WWF tag team title run the first rustle Mania. He had that biography the Chic. Of course, like fifteen years ago or so, he did that podcast which literally, I mean after that podcast came out where he just was ranting and raving I mean he got like a probably a straight decade of bookings off that podcast. And yeah, I remember just very quickly. You know, I started watching wrestling regularly in like eighty eight, eighty nine, and so you know, I did not see a lot of the Iron Chic. You know, he would make appearances here and there, and then he had that They had the famous I think it was the two thousand or two thousand and one WrestleMania when they had the Legends Battle Royal seventeen and they, of course they announced all of these legends, and I predicted that the Legends Battle Royal would be won by the Iron Chic because I saw the list of all of the legends and I was like, there's one guy who they ain't gonna be able to get over that top rope, and that's the Iron Chic. And in fact, that is exactly what happened. And it's really amazing when you think about all of the issues, the substance abuse issues and everything else that the Iron Cheek had and the fact that you know, it was like twenty five years ago. It was like, this guy is gonna be able to out of a Battle Royal and then you know, he just continued on and he lived through twenty twenty three, eighty one years old. I mean, it's really incredible when you think about it. And anyway, the point of when I first saw the Sheik was years later. I went back and I was watching somebody had sent a tape or something, and it was a tape from Portland Wrestling, and this would have been from probably the late seventies early eighties, and the Iron Chek was in this match, and the heat for this match was like impossible, and the Iron Chic was so lean and so mobile, and I just watched this guy that went, my god, look at this guy when he was young. He was absolutely incredible. And of course, you know a lot of amateur wrestling, a lot of pro wrestling, and a lot of living in the eighties and nineties. I mean, it takes a toll on a guy. But like if your first memories of the Iron Cheek were like that Battle Royal where they couldn't even get the guy out of the ring, you got to go back and watch some vintage, as Michael Cole would say, vintage Iron Cheek, because he was an incredible, incredible athlete. But Lance is joining us here today on the show and Lance you've met the Iron Cheek.
Speaker 2: Yeah, memories, But I want to mention the there was a documentary. I think it was out on iTunes Aria twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: The documentary came.
Speaker 2: Out and it's phenomenal. And when you realize all the things this man did, you know, being a bodyguard for the Shaw of Iran, you know, competing for the Iranian Olympic team in amateur wrestling, it's like he was. He was a badass dude and really, especially when he had hair, you know, a young man, a real handsome man at that. But yeah, I like you first saw him in wrestling when he was tagging with Chic sorry, tagging with Volkov she Can Volkov managed by Slick. That was sort of my first experience him as a fan. But I met him at a local show here, just an independent PWA show, and I chatted with him for a while. He was I think he was in a wheelchair, but he could still stand and walk, just not a lot because the photo I have of him were standing. But yeah, I remember him showing me his knee. He'd pull his pant leg up and sitting in the chair with his knee bent. At ninety degrees, he could grab his calf and basically just move his whole bottom leg forward like an inch or more, and it's just like, well, yeah, like it almost like it wasn't detached and just the muscles were holding it. He could slide the bottom part of his leg forward like his knee.
Speaker 1: Was like his shin is his tibula, The lower.
Speaker 2: Half of his leg at the ninety degrees could just like you're pulling the leg out from underneath the table. It was weird, God, But yeah, if you mentioned the seventeen Battle Royal, my wife had the same logic. But I checked I with someone this morning, and it's unfortunate, but I guess that was his penultimate match. He had one other independent match, a handicapped match where he probably didn't do anything after that. But it's a shame his final pro wrestling match wasn't a win at WrestleMania seventeen.
Speaker 1: Well, for all of us that don't know about that match, that was his final match was a win at WrestleMania seventeen. And I was alerted by somebody that you know. Shortly after that interview came out with Iron Chic, which was full of stuff that we cannot say here. On the show, we had his manager, Dan Murrati on Figure four Daily, So if you're a subscriber, it's in the archives right now, and DJ has found the exact date. It is March twenty seven, two thousand and six. So if you go into our archives, it's Figure four Daily March seven, two thousand and six, and he writes here one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I only very vaguely remember this interview, but you can go back and check it out right now. And for those asking if we want to throw this out there, since people have asked if you go into our website and you go into the podcast archive, people are like, well, how do I find what I want? Well, there's a list of all of the shows, and at the very bottom, the last thing on the list is podcast archive, and if you click that, you can actually be taken to archive dot fw online dot com, and it is it is searchable, so you can go down here two thousand Actually, first you go to Figure four Daily, and then you hit two thousand and six, and then you hit the month, and it's very easy to find. So March twenty seven, two thousand and six, Dan Murrati talking about the Iron.
Speaker 2: Is there's still a link anywhere to all of the song drops you used to play on the show. I don't have the Iron Chic. I won't mention the drop used in it, but his version of the monster Mash is one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have that somewhere.
Speaker 2: Because birds we can't use on this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, times will change the last twenty years. I don't know if you're aware of that or not.
Speaker 2: Everything, yes, but many chek drops from the old shows were highlights of mine and I used to His run on the Howard Stern Show was also during the only time that I was actually a Stern listener. I had serious radio for a while, so I used to listen to Chica on Howard Stern a lot, and those drops always brought me joy. So respect the legend, rip the Iron Chic.
Speaker 1: Cameraman zoom back in a moment with more Observer Live back on the show. Bryan Alberrez here wrestling Observer Alive. No Mike simper V be here today, upgrade. I can get him back at some point here, help me back tomorrow. I gave him the day off because next Wednesday I'm not going to be here, so I'm giving him this Wednesday off, so just so y'all know, I'm gonna be at field Day. That's what I'm doing next week with the Youngster. I remember field Day? No you don't remember field Day?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You know the term have a field day? Right, Well, what they do is they they have a field day on the field. There's like a bunch of games and all sorts of stuff. So I'm gonna have a field day at field Day. Tonight is dynamite and yes, for the fifth straight week, we have a major announcement by Tony Kahn, and I think that's gonna continue all the way to collision. I think he's going to just announce something new for the show every single week. But the lineup for the show as Orange Cassidy swerves Strickland for the aw International title. Will there be a title change tonight? Huh?
Speaker 2: Yes, you think so, that's my guest.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, Lance is predicting. Yes, I'm thinking easy fifty to fifty maybe more. We have the Blackpool Combat Club Moxley, Claudio and Wheeler against Trent, Rocky Romero and Chuck Taylor. We have Chris Stadlin are defending the TBS title against.
Speaker 2: A j that title will not be changing.
Speaker 1: We have Jy White versus Ricky Starks with Juice Robinson an FTR band from ringside. We have Jack Perry and Hook versus Preston Vance and Drellistico in a Texas Tornado match, and a promo from MJF. That's a lineup for the show coming up here tonight, and it's going to face some stiff competition, unlike Raw Monday, which had no NBA playoff competition. First World title match on Raw in almost two years, it did a one point eight three million and a point five to six in eighteen to forty nine.
Speaker 2: Was that the first title defense of this title?
Speaker 1: Yeah? First title defensive any title in two years.
Speaker 2: Of this specific title. Has Seth defended it before?
Speaker 1: Well, no, he just won it. Okay, he won it and he had a tag match last week, so this will be the first one. They beat the Las Vegas Golden Knights versus Florida Panthers Stanley Cup playoff game on TNT for first place, although the game did much much higher in total viewership in eighteen to forty nine, but it was aired on TNTTBS and True TV, so with a point five to four They were second place for the night, but they did one point six eight million viewers, beat everything on English and Spanish TV first for the night on all of television. So there you go. The first hour one point eight three million, the second hour one point nine zero million, and the third hour was one point seven to six million. So the third hour was the lowest, but usually that third hour is a pretty substantial fall, so well, one point seven to six and the third hour is very good and meant that people wanted to see the title defended, even though Damian Priest lost last week. So that's the raw numbers. We also had the Independence Day lineup, which is I noted on the Filthy Tom Show. Yes, the Neute ban Strong Independence Day Show is airing on Independence Day, US Independence Day. The show is taking place in Japan July fourth and fifth. But the reason it's called Independence Day is because Ghetto really likes that movie Independence Day. I'm not making that up. True story.
Speaker 2: So in honor of Will Smith, is he gonna go slap somebody?
Speaker 1: He might? He might. We have got three two matches announced, so for the July fourth show, we have got TJP and Francisco Akira versus Clark Connors and Dan Maloney who is not the manager of the Iron Chic, and that is for the ISWGP junior tag titles. And we also have Kenta facing Eddie Kingston, so Eddie Kingston is coming in not only for that show, but also for the g One. So we've got that. I think there was another one announced as well, but I can't find it here, but I guess I'll find it here at some point, right, sure, exactly?
Speaker 2: I got faith in you, Brian.
Speaker 1: I think they added a what was the match they added? They added something with Moxley? Right, anybody got that in front of him? I got so much news I don't even know what to do with myself. We had an interview with Tony Kahan in Sports Illustrated and he was asked about cmpunk and he said, we have not seen tmpunk in a long time, since all out last September. He looked great in his last match to the fans. He's very important. He's very important in the company too. He's been a big draw for US historically throughout his career, and the launch of the new show happens to line up with the schedule of his rehab of his triceps surgery. He said, we have an amazing opportunity with AW on Saturday nights on T and T. June seventeenth was the brainchild of David Zaslov, who is the Warner Brothers Discovery CEO and president. He asked about more AW, specifically Saturday nights on TNT when it was pitched to us by T and T. I was so excited. It's so exciting the timing of Punk's return and how it corresponds with the launch of Collision. So yeah, we'll see how it does in terms of business. Right now, the Collision lineups, the Collision ticket sales numbers, they're not through the roof the United Center is doing pretty well. Not as well obviously as the first time, but some of those other Collision shows on the tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting because they're doing obviously the Collision Show, which is the finals of the owen Hart Tournament here in Calgary. And when they announced the Calgary date, when it was just a house show, there was a lot of press, Like the major news stations in town were covering it in their sports section. I saw two or three news bits on it. I haven't seen a thing since they've announced it as a TV taping.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see, we've got Collision in Regina on July eighth, they have got thirteen hundred tickets sold for that show. We have got collision in Calgary which is at thirty four hundred. That's for the Saddle Doome show on July fifteenth. We have got a collision in Newark on July twenty second, which is at four thousand. And if we've got any of these are all from wrestle Tics. We've got Toronto on June twenty fourth. They're at eighteen hundred tickets.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And keep in mind it's like Forbidden Door. They've got Forbidden Door, which is like it's sold out in Lee. But then Collision eighteen hundred at this point, and then if we can find the let's see if we've got I got a bunch of pre sale codes here, because.
Speaker 2: I know Dave mentioned about running in Saskatchewan in the summer, and I assume he's right, but I know when I was in WB they only ran Saskatchewan in Saskatoon in like February when there was ice in the rinks and Saskatchewan Tonians if that's the word we're looking for a place to get inside and have some entertainment because the weather was so damn cold, because it's really cold in Saskatchewan in the winter, but we always went there and when it was cold.
Speaker 1: All right. So the latest on the United Center. We haven't an update since June fourth, so it's been We still have three days of ticket sales, but as of June fourth, they were at eight thousand, which means that since the announcement of CM Punk actually being on the show, they sold nine hundred and ninety four tickets, so they're currently at eight thousand. They've got twenty two hundred left. They're currently set up for two hundred and fourteen. Obviously, if they start really selling tickets, they can open it up to probably more, but looking like it'll probably finish around I don't know, nine thousand. We'll see. So those are the numbers.
Speaker 2: For approximately a ten percent bump with the add of c and Punk a little more than that.
Speaker 1: Yep, he headed ten percent after the announcement last week. We had a couple of NXT notes. We'll do the report here in a moment, but Haley and Hannah Cavender, who are NIL athletes, they actually appeared on the show yesterday. THEA Hale won a number one contenders at Battle Royal. A large chase U contingent entered the ring to celebrate, and both of the twins were in the ring holding Hale up on their shoulders. They have not signed with w yet and we'll we'll see what happens. But I mean, obviously WWE wants them, and you know, there are a lot of things going on in basically, you know, they make a lot of money and these WWE NXT deals are not for a lot of money, and so you know, it's like, I mean, what are you gonna pay them? I mean, you're not gonna pay them a million dollars each to go to NXT. It's just not gonna happen, are they Are they willing to go to NXT for you know, probably five figures a year at the beginning, with the idea that they'll end up on the main roster at some point and it make a lot more than that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Exceptions are always made in WB though.
Speaker 1: They are, But that's a lot of money, dude. They make a lot of money, a lot of money.
Speaker 2: They were paying Practice two hundred and fifty grand a year to be in Memphis back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but still, so.
Speaker 2: They can pay these women if they really want them.
Speaker 1: I am pretty sure that if they are paid anything less than a million dollars a year, they're gonna be making a pay cut. And there's two of them, so I don't think they're gonna be you know.
Speaker 2: Well, if they allow them to keep their sponsorship deals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I guess we shall see. Plus, you know, they it'll also depend on what of their options they have other than what they're doing right now. So they were there. I mean they want them on TV. I mean I would bet you anything that if they signed them tomorrow, they would be all over the show next week. They wouldn't be wrestling obviously, but I mean there are things that you can do with them, as far as like putting him in with a unit of I mean, they held up the AHL for crying out loud. They could put him with Chase you and just have them on the show every week, but now working. But they were there, and we'll talk more about NXT after the break. Observer Live back of the show. Brian Albaretz here Wrestling Observer Live, Landstorm joining us here today. You know what else makes a great Father's Day gift besides steak? Why a cameo. You can get a cameo from me for your father, That's right. Just go to cameo at four W online, or you know, just type in Brian Alvarez. I'm right at the top of those that list when you type in Brian. But I will give you your money's worth for a Father's Day gift for your favorite father in your life. Don't have to be your own father, could be someone else's father.
Speaker 2: You'd even get a cameo of Brian eating steak. Tie them both together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you could pay me to cut a promo on Marco Stunt's father and man, I could go on for hours on that guy, man oh man. But anyway, check it out at Brian Alvarez on Twitter. Hey, this guy goes Brian trying to ruin families. You guys, I don't just bury people on my cameos. If you want a pep talk, if you want me to put somebody over, I don't think I can put somebody over. Of course I can. I've done it all on cameo, So you just tell me what you want me to do. Now, I presume you did not watch NXT.
Speaker 2: Lance, you presume correctly?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, yeah, you have missed out. So the show opened up with Baron Corbin coming down the ring and he cut that old man yelling at the Clouds promo. These young guys in the locker room, they're not hungry, they're mad, they're not called up. What do you want out of them to be begging to stay in NXT? They're living in a house I built, And he says, it's all it's all lies in the hands of Carmelo Hey as your champion, and who should come out to face him? But Ilia, Dragonov and Eli got in the ring and they bantered back and forth and it looks like it said they're gonna have a you know what what happened here? I just watched this show? And did I get something wrong here? It's yeah, so my notes have them agreeing to a match tonight, but that match didn't happen. Am I wrong? Did I somehow fast forward through an entire There's no way. Okay, this person says, you're correct to be confused. Okay, I got it. So Eli had challenged him, and apparently Baron Corbin refused to accept it tight or something like that. But they had a brawl. They were they were left, you know, Trick attack. Corbyn clotheslined him over the top. So that's what happened. Yeah, it was Corbin versus Trick. Okay, so at some point they're gonna do Elia Dragonov against Baron Corbin. I'm looking forward to that match.
Speaker 2: You'll be around the same time.
Speaker 1: Oh, Braun whack Ilia, I got it. I did see that happen. Okay, now let me start over again. This is a really easy to follow show. So Ilia wants Corbin. Ilia got laid out by Braun. So Corbyn then beat up or got beat up by Trick and then beat Trick later. And now Braun also wants Ilia, but Ilia wants got it everybody. So we got a lot of matches coming up here, and you know what a match I'm looking forward to is Braun Breaker versus Elia Dragonov. That'll be a good match. So then thea limped out of training with Charlie Dempsey. She vows she's gonna win this battle Royal tonight. That's where Braun Breaker laid out Ilia Dragonov and then we had Creeds at Ivy Nile against the Schism and an Ava. Ava is the daughter of the rock And I don't like saying anything bad about anybody, but I have to review wrestling. I'm sure Ava is a really nice lady, but man, she is, Oh my goodness, she is absolutely not ready in any way to be wrestling on television. And they kept her out of the ring and the Creeds and the Schism and Ivy, by the way, they had Ivy in there doing spots with the guys, but they kept her away. Everyone kept everyone away from Ava. At one point, I'd be got in the ring and she like challenged Ava, and then they went to commercial, and when they came back, Aba was not in the ring. And then you know, everyone's doing their spots and the guys do all their stuff, and finally everyone's down. All the guys are down, and it is time for Ivy and Ava to get into the ring. And they were in there for about thirty seconds. I mean, Ava can't do anything. And then finally she put on a face mask and she headbutted Ivy and got the pin.
Speaker 2: Well, you do remember that Rocky Maya Villa wasn't exactly a hit right out of the gate either.
Speaker 1: He wasn't a hit as a character, but he was a guy who on his first day in developmental everybody was like, this guy is going.
Speaker 2: To be not based off his wrestling, Dude, he's at that point.
Speaker 1: Well no, but he wasn't bad. I mean he still could like do stuff. I mean, you got to watch his match.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: If you're trying to compare her to the Rock, I mean, well, I'm there's no comparison here. I mean, she's the by Miles greenest person on all of NXT.
Speaker 2: It's got it again. Some people thrive at it, but it's and you've done it, but I've done it. It's like I was at least in the generation where the first dozen or fifty matches of mine were on shows that no one saw, so nobody got to see how horrible I was in match two, three, four, and five, where so many now train in an empty building and then their first matches on television.
Speaker 1: Yeah not good. Stack's met with Tony d in the Clink, and you know, we talk about these NXT characters and how they're so campy and corny and and they're people playing a character.
Speaker 2: Did get a nails cameo?
Speaker 1: No, but Tony did note that Knuckles was in there with him. Oh, and Stacks almost ratted Knuckles out. But they're doing the thing where they're both on the phone with the glass wall and they keep having to tell you what would be quiet.
Speaker 2: Like fabulous Frankie Knuckles a bit of a throwback.
Speaker 1: Could have been They just said Knuckles could be any Knuckles. So now they're trying to figure out who ratted me out because again this Tony D is a babyface criminal murderer. Okay, but you know the heels are bad because they told on him. They're trying to find out who the rat is. So they said it could have been anybody, and Tony said, listen, Stacks, trust your gun. Of course it's Gallas whatever. Whatever they did that last week, forget about it. You're the underboss. You figured out. But this one on three thing isn't gonna work. So it sounds like they're gonna, you know, old Stacks are gonna have to get a partner until Tony D gets out of the clink. We had a segment with Von Wagner and mister Stone. They're the therapist and they do this flashback deal because apparently, like the third therapist they've been to in this one day, and they've got flashbacks to all of the other failures with the other therapists just not working out. And then you know, they're sitting there and Mon's like, dude, come on, I mean, this is not gonna work. And all of a sudden the door opens and this this tall man with a bad haircut and he's you know how they usually have the security guys. He comes out and he's, oh, he's crying. And Vron looks at this guy come out of he haves crying and he goes, I ain't doing this. I'm out of here. This is ridiculous, And all of a sudden the therapist walks out, and you know this is where this is going, right, Lance hot blonde and Von like, huh, maybe I will give this a shot. And he starts to walk into the room and mister Stone's gonna go with him, and Vaughn says, no, no, stay here, I got this and he winks, and they did everything but put like an animated star next to his eye. But when he winks, he goes and he walks in the room and they're trying everything they can to get a personality out of von Wagner. We had Blair Davenport killing Danny Palmer, so, uh, that'll teach Danny. Dana Brook then.
Speaker 2: Showed up Dodge in the draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, you know, I think she's a free agent too.
Speaker 2: I think she just drafted the wrong was Well.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she shows up and she said there she heard there was a battle Royal tonight and this is another one. God bless her. I mean, she's been in w WE for so long that she is incapable of talking like a normal human being. She says, I heard that if anyone is going to face Tiffany tonight, it is going to be me. I've heard there are a lot of opportunities, and but I am here to make my own opportunities. And off she goes. I was like, man, the funny thing is like, you know, they have a way they want you to talk, and she's like doing it perfectly. But people who actually do it the way she does, they never get a push, they never get an opportunity.
Speaker 2: She signed with WWE ten years ago.
Speaker 1: In July, ten years ago. Yeah, wow, Tiffany did a promo. So if you recall her promo last week was an absolute disaster. They did it live and this one was pre taped, and this one was better. She had more life and personality, and she said she'd made the belt the most desirable of all of them. In WWE, no one was happy that she won, including mackenzie and Mcausey goes, who do you think might win? And she goes, maybe Lyra Valcira. But the result would be the same as a battleground. It was better we had Baron Corman and Trick Williams. And this is exactly what about a million times guys like Trick need to be in the ring with a guy like a Baron, But ideally it would be on the old Coconut Loop with nobody watching on national television. I mean, Baron did the best job that he could. Trick is still really green. I mean it was fine. You know, It's like he's throwing these punches at Baron Corbin, and every punch he throws, Baron Corben goes like this because he don't want to get a hit. And then finally Corbin hits the end of days and pins him and not exactly compelling television, but this is what you need if you're gonna get these guys to learn how to work.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're so right. Corbyn's phenomenal on HOSE shows. It'd be great if they had a ten day loop of HOSE shows where these guys could work.
Speaker 1: We had hard hitting truths with Dragon Lee and Nathan Frazier and they're trying to get Dragon Lee to get a personality and to be honest. I mean, I've been watching Dragon Lee for years. This is the most personality I've ever seen out of the guy over the last couple of week. And he's not gonna make it in we without a personality. So this was a good segment. And Nathan Fraser is awesome and everything he does. We had all e backstage and he's a free agent, can go wherever he wants. He wants to be champion. Wes Lee shows up and Wes he just offers it due to title shot. The same guy that got mad that his best friend wanted a title shot. He's offering this to anybody, and all he goes, listen, I don't want to just be given a title shot. I want to earn it. So he goes out to face Joe Gacy and he beats him four fifty clean in the middle, and afterwards the schism tries to stump down all E, but Wes Lee and Tyler Bate run down to make the save. We had a bunch of interviews. Eddris Andofe and Maulik Blade I have agreed to fight each other next week because they've learned that all of the teams that fought each other are actually closer and so now they're gonna try it themselves. We had an interview with Noam Dharr and his Wacky Crew, which I like because it's four just blacky people and it prevents Lash Legend from having to ab matches, it prevents Miss Jackson from having to have matches. But they're all on TV getting a chance to do something and uh with Yeah, Norm Door got Oro Mints on a house show and now oor owes him. That's the storyline. Damon Camp and Eddie Thorpe. Uh, No one cared about the match and Eddie won, but Damon's foot was on the ropes roughed in and see it, so it looks like they're going to be doing another rematch. And then you know, we had a bunch of interviews and dabocato versus scripts. This was the stupidest, I mean, god, so Theabocato's in there and he's just killing Scripts. So then Axiom runs out to try to help Scripts, but Dabocato kills him too. Then as he's killing him, Reggie does a flip off his trampling into the ring. They never showed the trampoline, by the way. They want you to think this guy can like fly and uh, and he rolls up Dabocato and pins him. He pins Dabocato and then Dabocato stands up and he absolutely destroys both of the baby faces single handedly. Nobody benefited. Everybody looked worse after this than when it started. Well, that sucked Joe Gasey's segment, and then god, there's so many segments. There's like twenty eight segments on the show. And then has noted theo Hale won the Battle Royal, so she's gonna get a title shot. And then the show ended with brawn Breaker challenging seth Rawlins to come to NXT and defend the world title. It looks were gonna get that match. That went with more Observerlive. Well, Lance had a great idea during the break, didn't you, Lance.
Speaker 2: Well, it was certainly an idea. Yeah, if you want it to create some buzz and make some waves. Have Seth Rawlins drop the title to bron Breaker on NXT and call bron Breaker as champion up to Raw, give NXT a big boost, create some buzz, and make bron Breaker.
Speaker 1: The worst idea I've ever heard, because bron ain't doing nothing else right now. I mean, could also do the deal where he calls the guy out, but the guy doesn't show up, so he shows up on rad beats him there in an open challenge. So a lot of things he can do, and I think they're taking that title off Seth imminently unless the whole idea was we're gonna make you think that Seth is our guy and it's a setup guy for bron Breaker, but I don't think that's likely. I don't think Seth coincidentally is the iron chic here. I think it's most likely going to be champion for a little while. But I think that'd be a pretty big thing to have the NXT main event be for the world title with Seth Rawins. That would do a big number, that one right there. You know, next week on the Lance Show, which is normally Tuesdays at two Pacific five ESTA, we gotta talk dark side of the ring, Lance, don't let me forget.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will remind you because there was a lot of stories that I told about Chris Candido on the show that are on the interview that didn't make the show, including I will share the story that broke me at.
Speaker 1: The end, but it didn't err on the show.
Speaker 2: They didn't tell the story on the show. They just showed me trying to tell it and the emotional breaks involved in I see.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've not seen that one yet, but yeah, I heard the dark side of the ring about Magnum Ta yesterday was also excellent. Last night's airing of the Magnum Teso was one of the better from this series, as Steven, So if you didn't check that out, check that one out and Dave and I back tonight. Wrestling Observer Radio. Michael be back tomorrow and a lot to get into, so check it out Wrestlingobserver dot com. Thanks Lance, as always, callers and listeners up to the studio. I'll talk to you next time. Wrestling Observer Live gadios. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network