Speaker 1: Cut booms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to clearing House of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere, The Fifth Hour with me, Big Ben and sitting in the chair to my right, hypothetically speaking of course through the magic audio communications, is not Danny g He's off this weekend, but in his place Alex the Vegan Alex Tyshert, beloved Fox Sports radio personality behind the scenes, but also on the air. You chime in from time to time, right, you know, just hide out behind the scenes, behind the buttons. More than that, you're a podcaster, You're a renaissance man, and you're my number one go to guy when Danny can't do the podcast. Oh more poorly, what an honored Ben.
Speaker 3: You know, some would say young casanova too of late, because you know, young budding spring love has turned into summer fire. So it's been a good time. But as for the yes, that has been a big venture of mine for the last six months.
Speaker 1: Ben, I have heard stories in the hallways. Really, things are going very well for you in the off the air department. Yeah, things in the real world, things are going very well for you. You're you're racking up a lot of miles, though.
Speaker 3: From what I understand, so many too many, Yes, a lot of miles.
Speaker 1: You gotta cut the gap on that. But other than that, it's all good for you.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for you, Thank you, Ben, And I'm honored and privileged to also be somebody that you would like to sit in with you because I know Danny g does a great job. But at the same time, Ben, I know you and I like to get deeper and kind of more volumptuous when it comes to certain type of topics and conversations. And I'll give you kind of the youth perspective as I'm really plugged into the social media aspect content creation. So it's kind of like a good mix between you and I'd say.
Speaker 1: And see and you just gave me like a backhandy compliment calling me an old deezer, and you did, I mean, that was an indirect shot. That was a gut punch, is what that was. That I mean, I'm still talking about athletes who have not aged. By the way, I want you to know, when I started in radio, I was talking about athletes who are all between the ages of like I don't know, eighteen and you know forty, and the athletes are still between eighteen and forty. They just happened to be the kids of the people that I used to talk about when I started this nonsense back in the day. So it's the circle of life, Alex. You're gonna be there, man, before you know it. You're gonna be there. It's true, gonna be in my position. You're gonna wake up one morning and say, wait a minute, I remember that per Wait that's the son of so and so, the daughter of so and so. Wait a minute.
Speaker 3: Yes, I will say Ben, in defense, I did say Danny g because he's not here, so I'll take shots. But I would you feel free? Yes, you were ageless, Ben. Your your voice lives on through the eternity of the microphones and through the infinitive waves in the world.
Speaker 1: So you are eternal. You are ageless.
Speaker 3: It was more so just saying I think it's nice to have somebody from like that content creation TikTok side.
Speaker 1: That's all I was trying to say. I understand and clearly, and I'm not on TikTok. It's not my world, it's not my domain. I cut it off after. I think Instagram was the last really social media that I signed up for you. I'm on Facebook, Instagram, not back in the old days. I'm obviously X. But I was on in the old days. It was it was, it was the original. It was my Space, my Space. Yeah, do you remember your top eight?
Speaker 2: Ben?
Speaker 1: I do not. I blocked all that out. Remember. I used to work with a woman Karen karen Ka who she had a drop that my Space is huge, you know like that. We used to play around on that. Back in the day. I was on I'm so old. I was on America Online. What is that a stop? Oh? That was the original Internet. They owned the Internet. Dial up, right, was not the radio. Yeah, it was dial up. You had to wait for the thing to connect. It was always slow. And then they had chat rooms and and they had like news sites, but it was all in their world. It was on their own ecosystem, and they used to send out these things called CDs. I don't know if you know CDSDS, Compact dish, yes, yes, And they used to send those out and there used to be these things called newspapers, and sometimes they would even include them in newspapers stop because they would get people to sign up. And they owned the Internet and then somehow they screwed it up and they blew it. Well, I'm not sure how exactly they blew it. I'm sure there's been a documentary made it about it or something like that. But they at one point controlled the market share of the Internet and then it all of a sudden went away. It's it's kind of like that whole Blockbuster video things. Video controlled the rental department, yes, the rental space, as the cool people like to say, and then that that all went away.
Speaker 3: Ben, I still remember Blockbuster being a kid, going with my parents on Friday nights and you'd have to wait in line and rush to the aisle to hopefully there was one disc left or the VHS's I remember those two. Yeah, I still remember that, Ben, And you'd have to wait, maybe.
Speaker 1: Like Sunday, somebody was going one of them, and you'd get it on like a Sunday night or something like that.
Speaker 3: I was so smooth, Ben, I would make friends with people that work there to have them tell me the most return day to go at that time too, just to make sure I got a copy.
Speaker 1: So that's a little insider trade. Yes, that is what that is. That's thinking long and hard about how to get the proper video. Now, did you buy any food? They had the the popcorn movie, like a buttered popcorn thing that you had to make at home. Of course, of the microwave and candy, which was overpriced hoster video back in the day. But yeah, it's like the same concept. They the famous story they could have purchased Netflix early on and taken away a competitor, and they chose not to do it. They dismissed Netflix, and now Netflix is still Every time I drive into the Mothership, I drive through Hollywood, and I'm not sure if you come that way, you probably don't, But I go by the Netflix building. Oh wys is right off? I think sunset? Yes, yes, Hollywood in a massive, massive building right near the old Arby's.
Speaker 3: Yes, Ben, isn't it crazy to think about the transition of things like you're saying about just going to a place to rent a movie. Now you can download stream all of them. And we had I'm sure you remember this too. Remember red Box popped off for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, they do.
Speaker 3: That was the transition. That was like the next step to downloading at home because they were like, well, rather than going into Blockbuster and waiting, just go to a grocery store.
Speaker 1: There's a box. You can just get a disc and go.
Speaker 3: I still remember Ben, I still remember people, and I'm sure you remember this as a kid too. Everybody was like, oh, don't trust strangers, don't get in a car with strangers, don't talk to strangers. Now the biggest platform for transportation is Uber, where you talk.
Speaker 1: To strangers and get in a stranger's car.
Speaker 3: Like it trips me out, Like I don't know who started that, And investors were like, genius, that's gonna work, you know, like it trips me out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we have a lot of people that listen to the show over that are driving people the airports. Yes, yes, I mean just throughout Fox Sports Radio and it. Yeah. And it's like a great concept for the people at Uber because you know, you're putting a lot of wear and tear in your car, right right, And they're not. I don't think they're compensating for you. No, I did lift for a year, Ben. Do you remember that when I worked out here? Uh? Did I ever tell you about that? I don't think I remember that. Oh, God, shame on me.
Speaker 3: So when I first started here and finally had the night shift, I still had my Honda at the time, and so I was thinking about a way to make some extra side cash for I just wanted to go traveling more and do like some more National Park stuff. So I thought, how can I make some extra money still within what I'm doing here in LA. And so it kind of dawned on me. I was like, I have the Honda. As soon as I get off at eleven, why don't I just lift for a few hours in downtown LA and see what happens Ben. The people I met and the situations I got into, I don't know how somebody hasn't created a show, and I mean, like an actual television show that's based off of uber drivers at nights or the type of individuals I met, Ben from a spectrum of things. If you're conversational, have a personality or somewhat or an extrovert, and you want to make some fun money and meet some interesting people. Drive La Uber at night or lyft. It was insane. I did it for a year, Ben, it was crazy crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, there used to be you know, I'll date myself, but there used to be a show on HBO. I think it was called Taxi Fat Taxi Cab Confessions or something like that. Got you okay, anything about that? No, Yeah, it was a while back, and it was the same concept where they just put cameras in taxi cabs in New York I think it was in New York and they would drive around and it was overnight and people would get in the cab from like, you know, having random hookups or whatever, from the bar or you know whatever, any life situation, and they would just spill their guts wow in the cab, talking about their life. And of course they had to get him to sign paperwork rights, but it seemed like most of the people were They must have paid them a fair amount of money. But it was a really good show. So it was good, Ryan, Oh yeah, it was very entertaining.
Speaker 3: You could totally bring that back. I don't know, I know what he's doing. It like Netflix, they got money to throw at anybody. You make a joke to a CEO and a bar, they give you a special.
Speaker 1: I don't know what. They haven't tried it yet. There's your move, Alex. Come on, you're Alex Levin, You're you're a business mogul. Go into Netflix and pitch them on your idea.
Speaker 3: Ben, do this with me. Let's do this. Let's be partners. Let's pitch this idea together.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, you had you're like Vegas, La, Miami, New Orleans, because I don't think it'll work if you're in Appleton, Wisconsin, that it would work quite your same there. If you're in Omaha, Nebraska, that's true. Or Bizmarck. I don't know that. There's a lot of interest in probably not not a lot going on, kind of like where I was. I was in Hawaii, and the whole place, the whole island I was on, shuts down at eight thirty to nine o'clock. There is nothing going on after that. It is built around the daytime. Yeah, it's have you been to Hawaii.
Speaker 3: You've been Hawaii when I was younger, at like resorts and stuff, but I've never been in the towns.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I went to the island of Kawaii. That's where the that's where the airport is. Poi poo right there. You fly in and it's such a laid back, uh situation. Everyone's just cool. They're they're on island time. Okay, when you're on island time, you're in no hurry. You don't drive fast, you don't. We we went to a restaurant. We waited an hour to get food after we ordered, yes, and it was very bad food. Food not that great. But throughout the weekend, alex I will be sprinkling in stories from my vacation. The Mallard Travelogue. We'd like to call it out in the boondocks. I like to say it's in Oceania because it is Hawaii. Is the Hawaiian Island is in Oceania? Yes, yes, not in northern north, you know, the northern part of the continent or what do we call it When I'm thinking of North America, it's not North America. It's in Oceania, and it's just out there. It's the longest flight, the longest flight without any land underneath you in the entire world, is from the West Coast to Hawaii. Nothing, yes, there is nothing. If something goes wrong, you're done. You're landing out with the whales and the dolphins. That's it. But I've always thought when I get into a plane, if something goes wrong, that's it. I've never gotten into a plane. Yeah, I'm like, I'm I'm I'm fine with that, Like I don't expect for an emergency like crash land the plane that landed in the Hudson River, remember in New York for years back, and yes it was Sully, Yes, the whole movie on it. Yes, yeah, yeah, I mean everyone survived. I think if I remember correcting every one person that but everything it seemed like everyone made it. Like that's that's so un likely, so unlikely that that's going to happen. So when I get into a plane, I'm like, Okay, if this is it, this is it. I'm not worried. That's it. But it's a long flight. Unfortunately, we got the extra leg room, so I had had some room. But every time I fly now I live, I don't say where exactly I live, but you kind of know where I live. And I go far from Lax out the north Woods, and I try to avoid Lax at all costs because I hate Lax and I don't know anyone that likes it, And I got a refresher course. Now we, of course what we all do. I'm sure you do this too. When you go somewhere with your summer romance. There you decide on the cheapest airfare. You're willing to go a little further to an airport to get the cheap airfare, and inevitably, this is my curse. LAX is always the cheapest, hands down.
Speaker 2: Always.
Speaker 1: I mean, we got a bunch of airports in the LA area. Got you got Burbank, You've got Ontario, That's where I go. I love that one. It's a small airport, Orange County, Long Beach. There's all these little airports, but LAX is always the cheapest. So you punch in the numbers on your phone. You're like, all right, how much is any and said, well, I can save two hundred bucks per ticket if I go to LAX. So okay, I'll go there. And every time I go to LAX, I regret it. It's a refresher course, the worst airport in America with LA Without I've traveled a fair amount and I've only traveled around the continental United States, Alex So I don't know what it's like outside of the US. I haven't traveled abroad, no kidding, I haven't other than Oceania. Oh wow, okay, but I haven't traveled about so I only in the US. But I go to these other airports. I'm like, all right, Dallas, great, they got a train system. Atlanta's got a subway to take you between the terminals. Just awesome. Lax. You walk about seventeen months. I thought I was walking to Hawaii. I thought I thought it was like a triathlon when I got because they dropped us off at the Tom Bradley terminales, which are some the international terminal at LAX, which that proves it is not in North America. It's an international flight for right in California and Hawaii. It's in the international tournam There's all these terminal, all these people coming from like China, Japan, you know wherever, Yes, Russia, you name it, probably not Russia, but far away places, far away places, right, So they're all there, they're arriving, this is our first experience in America, and they're at the baggage claim and all that they drop us off. We of course parching parking, budget parking, and then we go. We check in and we're like, okay, this, I've never been to the international terminal. This is great. So we check in and they say you're at the gate like A twenty two. Okay, okay, and then you have to find gate A twenty two. And you start walking and you keep walking and you're meandering right, you're going through and you're going and you walk through the cool part, the nice part of the terminal where everything smells good and looks good. And then they say there's an escalator you've got to go down. So you're like, all right, I'll meander down right, I'll navigate the airport, sure, find my way. So I go down the not one, not too but three escalators. I then have to walk and they have this is a massive hall, massive massive hall. It's like three or four football fields. I'm not exaggerating. They have those people mover situated. Yes, those walking. Yeah, it's not it's not. It's like you walk and it walks, it rolls along. You know, escalator, well kind of, but it's it's just rolling. It's like a rubberized floor. You're walking. And then yeah, so I went on that. There were three of those. So then I get done with that. I'm like, okay, I'm good, NOV arrived. Nope, nope, gotta zigzag my way up another escalator. Right now, I gotta twist around a corner. I gotta walk by a Burger King. They couldn't get better food at lax Burger King. My god, so that's torturous. So I walked by the Burger King. Some other restaurants are closed because it was early. And it walked down a walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk. I mean, it is insane. I think, I'm I'm out in the countryside. And finally I finally to the very end of the A terminal or the A block of that terminal, and right there and then I have to sit, and of course you have to then sit for another hour for your plane to board. Yes, and the whole the full, all inclusive experience. But if I had been at another airport and taking one of the train systems, I would have been there in about two minutes. I would have been able to kick back, relax, enjoy myself. Whatever. Then that's a nightmare. It was not an enjoyable experience whatsoever. And then and then I had what I call pa madness, Alex. So this is very odd. It's a small world, after all, it's a fall fall world. So when I fly, I have long legs, and in order to circumvent having to get shoved into a little container and try to have a little leg room, you know, a sardine containers, I go with the emergency road. Now, back in the old days, when I first started flying, when I was a kid, you didn't need to pay extra for an emergency road. In fact, they asked volunteers to sit in the emergency Yes, I remember that. Yeah, It's like, would you like to sit in the emergency room. We're looking for like ten people. And I always said sure, yes, and he never said no. That there was a point when I was really obese that I didn't fit in the seat, which was a problem. But since i've lost the weight, which has been a long time, and you've known me, I think since I lost all the weight, so you know me when I was massive, So I've been fine. So but they started charging like fifteen years ago, they started charging for maybe less than that, but they started charging for the exit row. But I pay a little extra. It's not first class, it's a little more, but it's at least I can feel my knees when I get off the plane, and so that's usually good. So I get to the as I said, I had to walk through this entire airport, all the all the surroundings, everything just massive. I saw the whole scenery of Lax. So then I'm at the terminal at the gate rather and I'm sitting there, mine of my own business, fussing around on my phone, charging my phone, and the PA person at the gate says, I will passenger passenger Lee, passenger mallor Benjamin mallor come to the gate. Oh my god, Okay, what did I do? Did they not have my ticket? Like? What's going on here? You know something must be wrong? And no, because I guess the wife had checked in for me on her phone. I did not check in on my phone. They just wanted to make sure that I was comfortable sitting in an exit row, which, by the way, I had booked. Okay, I'd already booked this. I knew I was sitting in an exit row, but I was like, yeah, I'm fine. So it took like two seconds. So then I went back to sit down. And then this is the PA madness part. This is a gentleman comes up to me around my age, comes up to me and says, hey, are you Ben Mahler And I looked at him and I said, why, Yes I am Ben mallor yes I am. So it turns out this guy was not a listener to the radio show, not a Fox Sports radio consumer, none of this guy. This is where it's a small world, after all. I went to elementary school and junior high school with this guy stop and we got into a fight. We got into a dust up and both got suspended from junior high school. And I hadn't seen this guy since probably my sophomore year of high school. That long. Wow, and he happened to be at the airport on the state the same flags Nim Steve and in case he's listening, but yeah, he's just happened to be there, and he's he's like telling me, And at first I have no idea what he's saying, Like to me, he's speaking Portuguese or something like that. I'm like, I know what this is or pig lax, I have no idea what you're saying. And he's like, he's, oh, yeah, you know, I went to school with you. And he then he named some other guy that he went to school with, Like, I'm supposed to know who that is. I no idea who. I gotta tell you. My youth, I was the fat kid. I got picked on. I tried to block all that out. I have PTSD. You know, I moved on from that. I've had a much better experience as an adult than I did when I was in school. It was not a very enjoyable experience. I wasn't a great student, and partly, you know, people were a holes, right and all. That's so I moved on. I made it out of school, and then I went into radio at a young age. I was nineteen and I just worked in radio ever since and that's been my my jam and I've done it. But anyway, so we were catching up and we exchanged numbers and all that, but then I kept running into it. So I ran into the airport. We talked for like five minutes. I think he could kind of tell Steve that I wasn't really into it, but he was nice, he had a smile, and then then he walked away. So then we go to we fly. He didn't sit next to me or anything like that. We fly all the way five and a half hours to Kawhi and then I see him again at the baggage claim. So now here we are we talking again? Oh my god. So then we say goodbye. Then I have to go get a rental car. Who do you think is in the little Who do you think is in the bus on the way to the rental car? Yeah? So I saw them like three times on that trip to Kawai.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have to ask you, Ben, then, is that, like I know, we'll use like a religious term. Is that like divine intervention? It's preordained because you have some kind of there's something there, there's a reason why you go through that experience because the odds seem almost impossible. I've met people like you said, in situations that I should have never ran into them, and it's like, how is that even a lot?
Speaker 1: We're in different states. How does that even work? To me? I feel like that's something that's just meant to happen. How do you explain that? Is that? I think the term is serendipity, which was also where it is Serendipity, which I think was a ice cream shop in Vegas. It's called Serendipity, and they really good ice cream shakes if I remember. Hopefully they're still doing well. But that's incressible. It is cool. It's like it's such a massive planet, but yet it's not. It's not that it's a game.
Speaker 3: To me, the way I think about it, it's like these events kind of trickle back into your life to see if it sparks something or if you're truly over something, or will make you remind of something, like you said, back to your childhood and school time, and it's like you've done so hard to block it, did you really ever move on from it?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: Is that why you saw Steve? Was Steve there to like remind you? It's it's so cool to me.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, and I would if they hadn't said my name on the PA system though I wouldn't have known he was there. He wouldn't have known. I would exactly just been on the same plane and that would have been it. Wow. But the stars aligned, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: And also before I forget back to the who Hawaii thing, I can tell you the national fish because I remember it from childhood.
Speaker 1: Are you ready for this one? Uh? Yeah, that sounds like a fun fact. Yes, what is the the national Because I have my own fun facts.
Speaker 3: What is the new gal Yeah, go ahead. It is from from Hawaii's national fish. It is unukunukuapua. I will always remember it forever, really, yes, unukuapua A always will remember it. Wow, thank you, pretty impressive. Thank you, remember, thank you.
Speaker 1: I did not know that I saw some crazy wildfish. I did a lot of snorkeling. We'll have more travel stories throughout the weekend as we work our way through here. We have two more podcasts to do. But I did have some other I have some my bonus Hawaii fun fact. You want to fund fact? Yes, give you a fun fact, guys. This one always always surprises me. All right, you think of Hawaii, there are eight islands that are part of the Hawaiian Island state, the state of Hawaii. They're eight islands, right, Wahu, Maui, Kawaii, the Big Island, all those you know, the Hawaiian Island. I guess they call it the Big Island. And there's a couple other smaller ones. But didn't you know there are actually one hundred and thirty two different Hawaiian islands now, while there's one hundred really or a little small ones like reefs, shoals as. Let's is that how you saying? Yes? You say, I think so. The eight Main Islands are part of America. So here's my question. If you were to live on one of those little, small, little lumps of land, are you in your own country? Is that? What is that like? Or is that could you? There's eight so that means there's one hundred and sixteen other little place place. I did get a story one time from I was on a boat in Hawaii and a guy claimed there was an island right off the coast of Kawaii. Okay, it was kind of like Catalina is to La. Yes, yeah, far away, and do you like Catalina or no? I feel like if it's more like a date thing, I can be down. Otherwise I'm kind of like I'd rather be Huntington or something or Venice, you know. Like, Okay, well, I like Kelly, but it's it's far. It's close enough, but yet far enough. Yeah, you gotta you know what I'm saying. So you get there and you can see it. And this guy on the boat, the guy claimed that the island was filled with indigenous people, was not part of the Hawaiian Island really, he might have been full of crap, but he said they they don't have the modern technology and they're still living like the Native Hawaiians and all that. It's not part wow the U. That's what he claimed. I don't know if he might have been pulling my chain, but that's probably I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, it seems it sounds yeah, isn't like one of those things, but it isn't like isn't that like a thing that you want to believe in because it sounds so cool?
Speaker 1: Like I hope that is real. Well, I think when when Hawaii became a state, when it was taken over by the evil Americans and they, you know, they stole basically Hawaii from stole everything here. I get it pretty much. That's how it works. But so they they had My favorite spot is in the Neapoli Coast, and the people that were living there back back in the day, the people that were living in the Neapoli Coast, they allowed them, they grandfathered them in. Yes, they said, all right, you're that. You can be here until everyone dies and then that's it and uh, we we're good. And so like the last guy I think died, not that long ago that there was a native Hawaiian that was allowed to live there throughout his his life. Also, the Hawaii island is I believe, like the largest in width. It's like thousands of miles between the beginning and the end of the Hawaiian island chain. It's like the largest state in terms of distance. Yeah. Yeah, so it's it's it's incredible fun facts. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But see, like that's a good question you ask about, like when, because you know how there's like so many little islands that these millionaires or billionaires buy, and so they have their own just in the middle of nowhere or whatever it is. I'm interested, like you said, if that's like not anywhere close to any country or is it just your own? Like how does that even work? How does that classify?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So serious. Now in the water, they have this international waters they call, you know, international waters and all that, which is a certain number of miles. We've actually talked about this on a previous podcast. But you're a certain amount of miles off the coast, and like when does that begin? Yes, that I think, if I remember correctly, we just talked about this a few weeks ago. If everything runs together, but it's I think it's twelve nautical miles past the coastline of a nation. You're an international water really, Yeah, And I heard stories when I was a kid my grandfather back during Prohibition when everything was illegal and they got the alcohol. Yes, they used to have these boats in LA that would go out to international waters and they would be gambling boats and have alcohol.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, people would yeah, to get around the rules. They would I don't know how they were able to have the alcohol when they were at the coast, but they but they would go out into the you know, twelve thirteen miles out to see and whatever happens happens.
Speaker 3: The old school cruise ships before now, yeah, you go out there, have all your all your fun. Speaking about water Bend, I've always been interested in trying once in my life. It's a bucket list thing. I have to go to the Bermudia Triangle.
Speaker 1: I have to.
Speaker 3: I'm so fascinated by it. You think there's something there, oh for sure? Okay, Ben, we can't even explain what eels are. Nobody knows where they come from. And like oceanographers and people who study ocean life for their entire life, these people still don't even understand how eel's mate. Every time there's a mating season for eels, whether it's in captivity or free water, they always go to the Bermuda Triangle. So we've never been able to document any mating season for eels. I don't even know what's going on there. Like, I'm so fascinated of like, what is that place? Why is it off? Why is it a triangle? Why is it off limits? What happens there? Like, I'm so fascinated with the unknown. It it's interesting to me.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard as much about the Bermuda Triangle in recent years, but when I was a kid, that was a massive deely. There used to be planes that would disappear all the time. It's the devil's trying. Yes's there right off the the Atlantic, Southern Atlantic? Yes? Off? Is it way off the coast of Florida? Is that where it is? It's pretty far.
Speaker 3: It's not like something you can quickly get to, but it definitely is with it in the day's trip, I believe. Okay, but it just isn't that fascinating though, Like the eel aspect. As soon as I learned that, and I was like, we don't know much about eels. They're like underwater snakes out of their own they look like sea serpents, like the Leviathans.
Speaker 1: Why do they go to the Bermuda triangle? Like what pulls them?
Speaker 3: There's like some magnetic force that just triggles their event through natural instinct. It's fascinating to me.
Speaker 1: No, it is interesting. I used to be into that back in the day. I mean, there's a lot of things. We hardly know what's in the world. Zero when I'm flying over the ocean, you know, we we'll get to this and then another. Maybe it's tomorrow. But well, I'll say I have a thought. Maybe we'll have some fun stuff about that too, Ben about the ocean for you? All right, well, very good. Anyway, we'll get out on that. It is Friday today, the nineteenth day of July. It is for some reason national football Day. Oh, which doesn't make any sense because there's no football. It's an urban beekeeping day today. So remember that that fake story years ago where they said the beaches were dying. Oh yeah, they always make it, dude all the time. Wasn't true?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, just like they said, like global warming, right, but the ocean levels have been the same since early nineteen hundreds. Yeah, I'm gonna believe all that shoutouts.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. All right, Well, get out on that anything you want to promote here Alex on this Friday or you're good, oh just your podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just if you guys need some fun life advice or somebody thinking outside the box and just goes into a flow state with no prep for a show, it's just check out Shallow Oceans podcast. It's been my baby and I've had a great time, So thank you.
Speaker 1: Ben. Sounds good. All right, have a great Friday. We got new podcasts all week and long Saturday and Sunday. We'll catch you then.