Speaker 1: Hello, It's so amazing to talk to you. Finally. I tried to call so many times.
Speaker 2: What's your name, sir?
Speaker 1: I can go by caveman, but you can also give me a name, and like, I.
Speaker 2: Like cave man. Where are you calling from? Cave man?
Speaker 1: From the actual cave.
Speaker 2: You're calling from a cave.
Speaker 1: Yes, the cave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a caveman and you're calling from the cave.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do. I'm calling from the cave. Is there sound quality? Okay, I can go my other cave that is a little bit less windy.
Speaker 2: You have hold on, hold on, slow down from my brother. You have two caves, yeah, yeah, I do. In this economy, like you have two caves.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And there's a lot of free apartments. So if anyone want to join, come in.
Speaker 2: I think people need to. I think the people need to get to know you a little bit before they take you up on your offer to live in a cave with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. This is like a free space for everyone who know of it.
Speaker 2: And yeah, are you or are you friends?
Speaker 1: No? I am Polish originally, but now I'm in Teneris. That is the this is the island that is a part of Spain, and yeah, I'm cheating. I'm homeless and I'm living in the cave.
Speaker 2: You are living in a cave on an island in Spain, Yes, I do. The phone reception is quite The phone reception there is quite good.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. Yeah, I'm pretty high on the like the mountain. So yeah, so I'm glad.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm a little bit shaking. I am very stressed out by this phone call. I didn't thought I'm gonna get in and I'm really happy to talk to you finally.
Speaker 2: Brother, you live in a cave. How are you getting stressed out about a phone call?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Phone calls are hard, and also I really want to talk to you. And I like listen to pretty much all of your podcasts. I'm there, I'm searching in the Spotify and I'm like a only if you left listen.
Speaker 2: To m Yeah, I got a bunch of texts from you on the Google voice line where you were. You were talking about yes, cave thing, and I never I never called you back because I wanted to wait for the time to be right. But here we are, and I'm very curious about this whole cave thing. So what's your story? Cave man. How did you end up living in a cave?
Speaker 1: Hmmm, it's a kind of long story, like my whole life like contributed to uh to me being in this place. Ah, So do you want to like the whole life story or just how I know about this place and why I live here?
Speaker 2: Right now, let's do the whole life story. This is uh, this might this could end up being a whole podcast worth of uh information here. I'm I'm I'm down to hear it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I listened to the guy.
Speaker 2: Like to you.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck, I listened to the recently the podcast you did with the guy who like travel over around the world and and done some crazy shit with some airplanes and that was so crazy. And yeah, I am kind of like this guy. I want to be like this guy. I want to travel the world. All right. So I am currently twenty years old. I'm gonna be twenty one in in a month in May. And oh, I'm sorry, I'm very stressed out, very fonko. So I am. I'm an orphan and I'm autistic. So this is the two biggest things that I think contributed. Being autistic and being an orphan. And so my father died when I was twelve, and my mother when I was fifteen, and I pretty much my whole life was kind of and I was kind of on my own, and I was taking care of my little brother brother, and I was living with my grandma for a while. And when I was eighteen and I finished school, I moved out to the bigger city and did that for a few months. But the depression was crumbling me to the dust. And like two years ago I kind of explored more like alternative communities people and I discovered that the tenor If and the people told me about the Tenerif and the case and that people live here in the middle of nowhere sometimes and I wanted to try it out, so I did five months ago. I've been here for sixteen days, sixteen based like check it out, and it was cool. It was very cool. And when the life in the in Poland like crumbled because of the depression and of the cold, and it was I am, yeah, I'm kind of stressed out. I decided to leave everything behind me, school, money, everything, and I just I'm just living in a case and I'm having fun.
Speaker 2: So on this island, do you live alone in this case? Does anyone else live on this island.
Speaker 1: No, there's a lot of people on this island. It's very touristy islands, and there's also local people that lives here and they don't really like tourists because hotels are everywhere. And yeah, there's a lot of people living in the cave in the place I am. I'm not gonna like specify the city because I don't want to like who. I don't want to get too much attention for the people who live there because they want to live in the peace.
Speaker 2: So you live Do you live alone in this cave or are there other people living in the cave?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm living alone. There's a lot of like caves near me, but in my sport it don't have really neighbors. I have one guy who has like communal cave when a lot of people like the eye and we cook food and we like hang out together. But I am pretty much alone and I really need that to to get more impendent independent of myself. And I have like solar panels and yeah, I'm doing okay, mm hmmmm.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. So what do you Yeah, what's the setup like in this cave? Do you pay? Do you are you just like squatting in this cave, Like, how'd you find the cave? What's the square footage the cave? What do you how much do you pay for rent in the cave? What's what's the what's the rundown exactly?
Speaker 1: And so yeah, you need to find it. There's like caves that are already built by someone and they just left out because a lot of people come here in the winter and then go back to their countries when it starts to get too warm. There are some people who live on this island the whole air because the temperature doesn't really go more than ten degrees sales use I don't know, I know you use fineheit late, I know, I don't know. Yeah, so I found myself a cave. I mean it's a hole in the rock. So this kind of cave and Polish there's two different words for like because the cave is deeper deeper and you can like go in the tunnels and this is like a hole in the rock? Is it? Do you have like words or it? In English?
Speaker 2: We have Do I have a word for a hole in a rock?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think there's like two words for it, and one is a cave. Everybody called it cave here. So it's a cave pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I yeah, a hole in a rock. That sounds I guess that's what a cave is. It's a hole in a big in a rock. That's probably not true at all, but okay, So do you have a bed in this cave or do you sleep on the floor?
Speaker 1: I found too mattresses and I actually this is a better mattress than I have in than I had in Poland. And it's pretty comfy. I found a lot of it's pretty cozy. It's very cozy. And creating my own like personal space from the things I found it in the trash was amazing. And I love to live here and spending time here to draw, hang out with friends that I invite. Yeah, this is a very cool space.
Speaker 2: M hm hmm. See you have friends on this island. You're not like alone. You sound like you have a pretty good life on this island. You're not alone. You have homies, you have you have cave nights. You have board game night at the cave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't have a board games, but we sometimes play chest chess.
Speaker 2: As a board game. Yeah it is all right, So all right, so I I here's the thing. What's your cave man, I'm gonna play a cave man. Yeah, I'm still trying to get a picture of what you're like. I'm trying to imagine what the cave looks like.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, so.
Speaker 2: How do you eat? Like we eat? What food do you consume?
Speaker 1: I eat from the trash?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You eat from the trash man? Like yeah, yeah, okay, so other people so other people, like like I said, there's a big tourist the island, right, So, like folks come and they waste a bunch of food and you go dumpster diving and you and you get food from the trash.
Speaker 1: And basically, yeah, I don't go to like normal trush when you can fight like everywhere from the homes or the hotels. But they go to like big market shops and they throw out like a lot a lot of stuff because the packaging or damage or it's like one or two days out of date and they cannot sell it. You would be surprised how much food is waste. Yesterday, I've been with my friends who just visited me two days ago, and we were on the on the dumpster diving mission and we found like a block of cheeseichi I don't know how to say it properly, and some chiesa and mozzarella cheese and old spinach, bananas and yeah, some veggies, a lot, a lot of stuff. And I yesterday I made like nyoki with tomatoes with the heavy cream sauce, spinach and most and three types of cheeses. So I eat pretty good.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mm hmmmm. So you have friends that visit. So these friends that were visiting, are they friends from Poland? Or these are friends from the island that you made.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of friends from different countries. Is that I had. I had a friend with I'm gonna call her Sky because she wears all blue. She is kind of like a sky. And she's very hard to talk to get the contact with her because she doesn't use any sort of media and she's only using the text. And we have seen each other like three times in my life. And I just thought about about her and I called her and I told her, Hey, mom, I do you want to come? And she yeah, I'm gonna visit you for a month. And so yeah, she she's here.
Speaker 2: Oh cool. Yeah, So you have a friend, you have a friend who's staying with you for a month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically I'm gonna give her much in my one cave like or just her. But today we we are sleeping together because there was big grain and we need to like my one of my I'm sorry, I'm so stressed out. I had this whole conversation out in my mind. I thought about calling you so many do me, do me?
Speaker 2: Do me here? Listen, cave man, do me do me a favor? Haven't this listen? I know you said you had this whole conversation planned out in your mind. But abandon your plan. Abandon whatever you had planned out in your mind.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just curious about I have. I have a lot of uh just I mean, you live in a cave man. I have a lot of questions. Yeah, you know, you don't have to We don't. We don't have to follow any kind of plan. We can just we can just chit chat. Brother, There's nothing to be stressed out about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I like, have I want to, I'm like answer questions. I don't want to talk too much on my own because I'm gonna lose myself completely.
Speaker 2: So okay, so you dumpstered up? So do you? Okay? So I assume you don't like, uh uh, do you do you work on the island?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 2: Or are you kind of knowing like no money life, pretty.
Speaker 1: Much no money life. I have some money saved up, not a lot, but it's enough to survive. So if I need like buy toilet paper and there's no food in the trush, I am I can buy some foods and book low effort meal.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mm hmm. What's the weather like on this on this islands?
Speaker 1: Now, it's a rainy season and there's one cloud like small and the sky is all blow So this is how it is on this part of the island. There are I think seven or eight rainy days in the whole year, and today was the one that was rainy. Mm hmm. Yeah, I know if it's kind of kind of cool if like climate wise, because one part of the island is pretty much dry and you have like cacti everywhere and it's sand and it's pretty much better. And the other side is kind of like subtropical and their rain is like more present, and also you have trees, you have like pretty much little jungle.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 2: What do you do all day?
Speaker 3: M hm h.
Speaker 1: Vibing, chilling, don't. I'm not stressing about anything really, and it's a physical change from my life in the past few years. M m hmm.
Speaker 2: What what was your life like in the past few years?
Speaker 1: Chaotic and with a lot of personal growth. So, yeah, I'm pretty young. I'm only twenty so and I finished school and I am a veterinary technician. And then and then I moved out to the bigger city mm hmm. And I lived in a few places and start living with my good friends and that was cooled to experience, like having living with actual, actual friends and and yeah, but I was fucking depressed all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do you think you were fucking depressed all the time?
Speaker 1: Hmmm. I didn't have a purpose and I the thing is, the most hard depression I had was like when the winter started and I like finished finished my veterinary school, and I moved out to the bigger city, and I am an orphan so until I am twenty five. I get the money from the government if if I am in the school system, so if I'm learning, I'm getting the money in So I went to like school when I had two days of actual learning, and then twelve days at twelve twelve days of free time, and I still get I was still getting the money, and the money was enough to don't work and just lay on my ass all day. And yeah, I didn't have space for like exploring my free time. And I was just sitting on my ass and lotting on my phone and it was so fucking depressing. So I needed to make a big change. And here I am looking on a beautiful mountain right now, and when I turned my head around, there's an ocean.
Speaker 2: Do you feel good about your big change?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is probably one of the best decisions I made in my life.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Do you think about the future, Do you think about what you want to do or kind of what your life a lot will be like in the future.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When you think about the future, what kind of thoughts do you have?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, all the time, all the time. And it's pretty interesting in with how many in how many ways you can like experience life. And yeah, like I'm thinking about maybe buying a van, maybe go to work and save the money to buy a piece of land. Maybe here the land here it's it's very terristic, so it's kind of expensive. But there's also other islands. Because this is the group called Canary Islands and you can fight some you can find some like small piece of land that you can like grow fruits and build like small small house, and that would be cool to have. Like, I don't know if I'm so sorry about my English and meaning so stress out and I feel like I'm swallowing, swollowing my tongue all the time. Thank you, thank you, gig. Yeah, I'm feeling a lot how you can experience life and about the many ways you can live it, and I'm pretty excited about it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, shit, man, you're fucking you're only twenty. I mean, you have so much life to experience. Yeah, that's the thing, man, is there are infinite ways to experience life. It can be a little overwhelming sometimes, I'm finding there are pretty infinite ways to experience life. I can be pretty overwhelming sometimes, but I mean, I'm just I'm glad to hear that you found you're finding some kind of you know, it sounds like you you have I mean, I know you say you're stressed out on this phone call, but is it is it fair to say that you generally feel.
Speaker 1: Peaceful for the first time in my life? I think, Yeah, it's wonderful. I feel I feel peaceful. My friends, like maybe an hour ago send me some sort of like out eating chart when when you have like the problems that autistic people struggle with. And she told me to feel it out and she's gonna feel it out with me. And it was in the like depression, anxiety, social, social skills and all that in the current season. And I filled it up and I was looking at the chart and I thought to myself, holy fuck, I improved so much and life is so great, and it would do so great decision. And when I filled it up, I made another one and I thought about the time and before getting on the island.
Speaker 3: And it was yeah, it was awful.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmmm. So you you filled out this chart, so you noticed a lot of significant positive like changes in your brain and life since moving to the islands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mm hmm, it sounds.
Speaker 2: Like you've got a good It's funny because I guess when I first I was reading your text about living in a cave, I thought you were living kind of isolated life. But you actually seem like you have a good sense of community out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have pretty much. Yeah, there's a lot of friends that I've met here, and also a lot of friends that I met on like because I mean, like I think social bubble of alternative people, of hippie people, so I met a lot a lot of them in the past years or like festivals, and I yeah, so I didn't even know that a lot of my friends are gonna be here. And I remember the first day that I arrived here, my friends that lives in the island now I think for the five months picked me out. We were going to uh to the play to the area where the caves are. And I've met like six people that I already know and I didn't know they are going to be on the island.
Speaker 2: So yeah, wait a minute, So there are people that you already knew and you didn't and then you didn't know they were going to be on the island when you got there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the people that I met on the festivals, I mean not really my big friends, but yeah, the people that I know, and I like, interesting, what.
Speaker 2: Kind of festivals are they? Just are these just like music festivals.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of kind of yeah, music courses. I'm going to a lot like small festivals, maybe too up to two hundreds, four hundred people and mostly they are like in the nature and you can.
Speaker 3: Find a lot of people hippie people.
Speaker 1: Doing acid and ship yeah, and laying and rolling on the grass. Mm hm m hmm.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. How old are most of the people on this island, because you're pretty young. Is everyone else also around your age or is it kind.
Speaker 1: Of I'm I'm I'm the youngest one of the people they've met. I mean the people that lives on this island, and nor like in the hippi a on the caves or some like uh squats or anything. Is this squat? Is it the proper way to say it?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, people squatting some yeah, yeah. Yeah. There's a lot of types of people coming here here, like hippie people. Basically all the people that are coming here are kind of out of normal social nons. So you can find like happy hippie people and also more like actual homeless people. Some of them are like drag addicts or something like that. So also the age age range differs a lot, but most of them, most of them are like in the late twenties and thirties, I would say maybe twenties, twenties meet to late twenties.
Speaker 2: Do you see yourself staying on this island, you know, pretty indefinitely.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I mean I love it and I needed that. I'm sorry for my tongue. Yeah, I needed that. I needed that for for a while. But I am kind of stouked and I'm excited about and returning to Poland. And I think I'm gonna go back in like months or two, and then I'm gonna travel around Europe and visit some people in different countries that I met here. And I'm gonna go to Croatia, I'm gonna go to Hungary, and I'm gonna go to Norway, and I think I'm gonna just visit places in the in between. And yeah, that's very cool. And also yeah, and I'm gonna return the festivals in to the festival season in Poland. There's all lot of like cool small festivals in nature and they are so beautiful and I love folk music.
Speaker 2: Yeah hmm, that sounds awesome. That sounds really cool. Do you do any kind of art or music or anything like that. Do you make anything?
Speaker 1: I bought myself some watercolors, autocolor points, and I bought myself some pencils because I want to explore that I want to create. I have like a very strong desire to create, create anything basically, so I have a lot of time to explore that, and I started to draw. It's nothing really crazy, but it's the whole process is very enjoyable. And I didn't I had time in like in when I was living in Poland, but I didn't have like strength to do anything new and to grow like as a human being. Mm yeah, pretty cool vacation.
Speaker 2: Well, let me see here, cave man, let me Uh, why don't we do this? We've got the live twitch chat here. Let's see. I'm sure that people in the twitch chat probably have a few questions. If anyone in the twitch chat wants to, I'll read them out to you. If anyone in the twitch chat has any any questions for you. Let's see here they're talking about how the new call of duty is bad? What the fuck?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay? Someone said, does the cave stay the same temperature year round or is there ore there different seasons?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: In this part of island, it's pretty much hot all the all, all time around. Uh.
Speaker 2: Someone said, uh, do you smash a lot of cave chicks? M?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I know this is not my thing.
Speaker 2: Uh do you do you ever cook anything? Or you just straight eating leftovers?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yesterday I made yoki and I shared them with friends and it was pretty pretty delicious. And yeah, I love to cook and I wanna explore like cooking more in my life. Yeah. When I'm gonna like return to point, I think in September, I'm gonna get my own place. I wanna like buy a lot of new kitchen stuff, and they want to cook, Like I always loved cooking, and cooking for people was like my big passion. So yeah, I want to cook more and to explore that.
Speaker 2: Someone said, could you describe the cave please? I know you've already kind of done that a little bit, but if you just want to look around the cave and really give us a solid description of what exactly we should be imagining.
Speaker 1: Huh. So, it's kind of like a sandstone kind of volcanic rock. I mean, there's a lot of very a little bit about variations. Hmmm. I've built like a little roof with with plastic pipes and some sort of like material that I found. I have like small table, I have a pretty cool mattress, a lot of pillows, a lot of pillows and it's so comfy here and very pretty blanket, and yeah, that's a good discussion.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, someone said, let's see. Oh, someone said, where is his brother? Did you mention having a brother?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I have a little pattern that I was raising, Yeah, kind of. So so he's still living with my grandma. He is sixteen right now, and he yeah, he's depressed as fuck. I like, I see myself in him so much, and I am. Yeah, I'm thinking a lot about him, and I'm feeling kind of guilty about not being there with him m hmm and not helping him because I see a lot of things that he struggles with that I struggle my whole life, like being not very social, being like mm, especially in my younger younger years, being like black sheep in any social situation. And he doesn't have like any purpose or passion. So yeah, mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Do you still do you keep in touch with him very often, like with text or call or anything like that.
Speaker 1: We had like a two month's break and yeah, we called each other and we were talking for an hour, and yeah, I told him that I felt felt very guilty about not reaching out and that our relationship is not not really there and that I see the things that he struggles with, and I said that I cannot like be there and help.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Would you ever have him come visit the come visit the Cave Islands?
Speaker 1: I would love to. I would love to that. Yeah, he's in school, so and I'm gonna get to Europe before the summer starts. So but maybe next year, maybe we're gonna go to a little vacation together. That would be great.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see here, Okay, we have some wants to know. Do you have a bed? I was wondering that too.
Speaker 3: Bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you have a bed?
Speaker 1: I mean I have a mattress. This is a bed. Yeah, I don't have like a bed frame, but yeah, this is pretty much bad.
Speaker 2: Are there bats in the cave?
Speaker 1: But no, there are no bats here that I know of.
Speaker 2: What is your pooping situation looking like in this cave?
Speaker 1: Pretty chill? I have a So I leave, like canyon canyon isn't the right worthy canyon we call it's called the baranco here. So I look pretty high up and I just go down a little and I dig like a long hole. So if I need to go, I just do my stuff covered with the with the hands and I'm good.
Speaker 2: Someone wants to know what is the best thing you have found in the trash so far in your dumpster diving days.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, yesterday I found a new power bank that I'm actually now charging my phone with. It has like solar panel built in and it's it has twenty twenty five million million.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It starts a lot of energy. It's cool. And I found two pairs of boots, so that's cool. And yeah, lots of cool stuff. I'm so like, still stressed out about talking and that I am. I cannot really think of that.
Speaker 2: We've been, We've been, We've been. We've been cooking for forty minutes, doing great, brother, thank you for offering offering the people your time. You have a very interesting story.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: I have a few more questions for you if you're still down to cook. We've got some interesting questions here. Yeah, someone said, has a stranger ever just walked in the cave?
Speaker 5: Mm?
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 1: The people that live in the area pretty much go by the uh social law. I don't know if it's social law, I don't know how to call it. But no one ever like goes to any one place without without permission, and yeah we are Yeah, we're good. We're good. There's no problem with no problems with got.
Speaker 2: Uh. Let's see here. Oh yeah, do you have like water or gas in the cave?
Speaker 1: I don't have water. I have a tab that I go to and it's like ten minutes from here. And also like fifteen minutes from my place, there's a little so if I need to buy drinking water, I can just by like sixteen meters, get them to my backpack and walk here. And I didn't have a gas. I have a fireplace and I have some pots that I found, so if I need to cook something, I just chip shoop.
Speaker 2: All right, we got one. I'll do one last question here. Oh yeah, I don't know if you know this, but like, does the Spanish government care that people are living in caves? Someone asks that. Yeah, I'm curious about that too, does like does the government or like the police or like does anyone ask you guys or do they not really give a fuck?
Speaker 1: It depends if you are living like in the places that tourists tourist goes to, like on the beach, they throw people, they throw people out, but they are not like harresting anybody or her as anybody. And in the place that I live living, there's there were no like situations and the police are pretty chill with the hippies.
Speaker 2: What is this place called again?
Speaker 1: Uh? I mean I am on Canary Islands, and on every every island there you can find like some hippie community and people living in the nature or in the case or anywhere else. But the biggest, biggest, biggest community is on Tenary.
Speaker 2: Islands tenor Refile. Oh okay, wow, interesting the Canary Islands Autonomous Community of Spain. Whoa, this place looks crazy.
Speaker 1: And also they have like two capitals on separate islands and they like I think they change like the capital every few years. It's weird.
Speaker 2: Interesting. So tener Reef is So you live on a cave in Tenerief.
Speaker 1: Pretty much?
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm looking at Google images of this ship. This is crazy and it's pretty much. You know what's funny is with I feel like there's got to be at least what I truly do predict at least one person listening to this podcast will fucking go visit Tennery.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, because.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I met a guy from the US just like maybe a week ago, and he was like dressed in all the red in the devil costume, and he was talking some shit about Satanism, and he was pretty fucking cool. And he had like this what is called the fork there, big red fork with him and he was just walking around. So yeah, and I also I also knew the guy from New York that leaves pretty close to me, So yeah, I mean it's pretty cool. It's pretty cool. You can leave a very low budget here, you can just hanger out, hang around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you've got you. At least one person will hear this podcast and be like, fucking I'm moving to Tannery. It's funny because you opened this phone if you'll remember, you open to this phone call by being like, Hey, does anyone want to come live in a cave with me? Which, upfront, upfront, with zero context, is a bit of a rough pitch, but I'll say, over the past forty five minutes, you have successfully pitched the concept of going to live in a cave with you, and I feel like at least a few people listening will take you up on the solfare. Yeah, there's a lot of places like this where it's like the the cost of getting there is the highest cost, and then once you're there, you're just chilling because yeah, I don't know, if you're like fucking if you're young, if you're I don't know, man, if you're young and broke and you wanna fucking do something interesting with your life before you dive into corporate whatever, you know, why not why not go live in a cave for a bit and hang out and meet weird people and you know, live a little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's also a lot of people who are just like leaving the cave and like searching for a job here and actually working and saving money, and the rest of the day they are just spending on the beach and in the cave and it's from the trash or in like have their own community and foot together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I mean, yeah, folks are working there. You know, there are people there who are like working, saving money, still kind of building, still doing things to kind of prepare for their future. But also you know, eating from the trash and hanging out with folks. Pretty much, pretty cool, pretty cool cavemano Polish, cave man, Polish. Can I know you said you were stressed out, but this was a great phone call. I really appreciate you, uh, giving us all of your time, my friend, this was this was awesome. Yeah, Like I said this, this might inspire a lot of folks. So I appreciate you putting yourself out there. And you're so fucking young too, man, you gotta you have an interesting life ahead of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a pretty cool It's a pretty cool start. I am very glad that I met a lot of like beautiful people that helped me out on my like puff and I'm pretty stoked about living.
Speaker 2: Caveman. Uh, is there anything else that you want to say about any of this, or that you want to talk about or any any final things before we go?
Speaker 1: I had a lot of topics in my mind to talk with you, but we like talk mostly about the caves. And I get it. It's a I'm living in a cave, so this is like a final goodbye? Or can I like say something more?
Speaker 2: Well, let's how long have we've been talking. We've been talking? Well, you know, honestly, we've been talking for forty seven minutes. Yeah, fuck it. I mean, if you if you have something else, we can we can keep going.
Speaker 1: M I mean, I want to, like because the living in a cave is one thing. And I want to kinda tell you what I'm thinking about doing next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, let's do that. Why not? What do you think about doing next?
Speaker 1: So, first thing, when I'm gonna like return to something in the reef, I think I'm gonna go to festivals. And I was pretty inspired by the guy who I don't know that his is like Instagram profile what he's called, but he has something that that's called the Last Supper Project, and I was very inspired by that and I'm thinking about doing my own version of it. So basically, he suffers from a very strong bipolar disorder and he's gonna take his own life in from legal if if i'managia Autnasia and a lot of people like invite invite him from dinner for dinner, and he talks about like mental health and he loves food and he likes spread the spread awareness about depression and this whole process, and he also like holds dinners for people. Actually I cannot want.
Speaker 2: To hear I've actually heard of this guy. Yeah, I've heard of this guy. Yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he like I started to think a lot about like concept of death and taking your life if you like suffers. If you are suffering for like some like strong ship, you cannot live with it. And having like sharing a meal with someone and cooking for someone, it's a beautiful thing. And I'm thinking about if I'm gonna have my own place and I want to explore cooking, and I think I'm gonna like maybe do some posts on Facebook that I'm searching for people that that are lone or struggle with depression and cook them, cook them food and create like a safe space for them. And that's yeah, yeah, I really want to do that.
Speaker 2: That's a wonderful idea. I I love the idea. I really think you should do that, because you know, I was thinking, I'm like, uh, yeah, it's no fucking secret. I talk on this podcast a lot about the you know, being fucking depressed or whatever, and it's like, ah, there's so many other there's so there. I can think of like a thousand different things to try before killing yourself, you know what I mean. There's so many different like, uh, there's so many different hail Mary's to throw before killing yourself. And that's all a take because you'll be in your because like I'll you know, whatever, you'll be in your room and you're like in your underwear, you're like depressed, or you're on your phone and you're like, yeah, I think I should fucking kill myself. And then all of a sudden, you put on clothes and you're in a room with lights and you're around other people or whatever, and something switches in your brain and you're like, oh shit, I actually something I was. I was limited by my own brain in that moment. You know, I literally I was fogged out. I couldn't see. So of course that's I thought that was the only option, you know. So it's like, I think having something, have it because you could that, right, Because that's awesome, because like somebody could be in the fucking throes of darkness and then all of a sudden they, you know, go to your dinner and there's other people around, and they're like, oh shit, Okay, this doesn't have to be this way all the time. You know, that's all it takes. Every Now, I'm not going to say that's all it takes, because I don't think that's literally all it takes. But no, no, I don't think that's all it takes at all. But you know what I mean, I'm rambling a little bit, but I'm just kind of talking from my own experience.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love like you can talk about ship So I'm good.
Speaker 2: But I think I think that's a fucking great idea. Man, that's a great purpose to have.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. All right, So that was the one thing that I want to talk to and I think I'm pretty much finished. I just want to help people and make the world a little better place.
Speaker 2: My brother, my cave, my cave man. H this was a great phone call. I really appreciate you sharing all this stuff with us. I love that you're taking a problem that you have had and trying to find a way to help other people with the problem. I think that's pretty sweet. Yeah, you've definitely inspired some folks listening to this, I'm sure. And uh yeah, maybe I'll go visit the Canary Islands. I'm curious now, I want to go see some shit.
Speaker 1: Do you on to visit me? I'm gonna show you the islands and I do like a bit.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Well, you know, it's fun I feel like I have You know, what is funny is I have this whole I actually have a I have a list. Last year I made a little list on my phone. I like screenshoted a bunch of d MS that I got from people being like, Hey, come to Pakistan, or Hey come to Singapore, or hey come to whatever. I'll show you around because I've done that a couple of times. I did that in Thailand and Guatemala and Mexico and you know, uh, we had that break dancer guy who was like, Hey, come to Tijuana and you know, I'm chilling right now. But I don't know. Maybe one day I'll men.
Speaker 1: Imagine that we can host your show in the cave.
Speaker 2: Okay, that does sound pretty sweet. That does sound pretty sweet. Where can people look? Man? Do you have a where can people follow you on something? There's a couple of people in the twitch chat who wanted to follow Like, if people want to well, let's say this, right, let's say this. Let's say people want to follow you on your cave adventures. Let's say some random motherfucker listening to this podcast wants to take you up on your dinner for depressed people or living in the cave. If people want to connect with you, you don't. By the way, you don't. If you want to stay completely anonymous, I respect that you totally can. But if if, if, if you want to take the message.
Speaker 1: On the on the chat, if we gonna end this call and people can type me a message if they wanted to.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you don't wanna you don't want to put yourself out there to the podcast?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm what oh well, if people, I'm saying, if people, If people want to follow you or connect with you, if you want to give them an outlet to do that, you can.
Speaker 2: But if not, that's okay.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have any like I have my private account on Instagram, but I want to kind of stay.
Speaker 2: They stay around. I got you, I got you, I got you, I got you. Caveman, thank you very much for sharing your story with us. Any anything else before we go?
Speaker 1: Uh, I want to say to the people of the computer, if you are depressed and you are thinking about what is the purpose of living, just go and buy yourself ice cream and yeah, ice cream are pretty cool. They help help me with a lot of shit.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for calling cave Man. Have you the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: It's a while, Thank you, b y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ice cream is pretty sweet. That was great. That was great. Uh. Yeah, I'm inspired. Now I want to go visit the fucking Tenor Reef Islands. I mean, why not why not visit the tenerif violence? Why not go live in a cave and talk to people? Why not do any of this stuff? I don't know. There's got there's guy I don't know why I almost threw up just now. Yeah, that's cool. If if I feel like, yeah, there's gotta at least somebody who's listening to this, who's like, you know what, fucking I'm gonna go to the teneriviolence. Maybe that maybe that's maybe I'm projecting, Maybe that's somebody is me. Maybe I gotta go live in the go live in a fucking cave and the tenoriviolence could be fun. Uh, thank you for calling cave man. And yeah, ice cream is good. Uh uh. Sometimes when I get depressed, I eat an orange creamsicle and it makes things at least five percent better. Hey, what's your name, Doug?
Speaker 3: We'll go with stinky.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't like the work. Can I can I call you something? I'm gonna I don't like. I hate saying stinky for some reason. It it it it puts me off. Can I call you something else?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Or anything you want.
Speaker 2: I'll call you Steve. What's up, Steve, what's up?
Speaker 3: Man? We've a We've only talked one time prior, but it was on a TikTok video comments or whatever.
Speaker 2: We talked on TikTok video, cause that doesn't really sound like we had a conversation.
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny you brought up you don't like stinky because I use your name was like something something stinky and I said, love them the content, and you were like, thank stinky and.
Speaker 2: Then like I'm gonna go I'm gonna go ahead and say that does not count as a conversation. So this this would be the first time we're talking fair.
Speaker 3: Totally fair man. I'm pretty pumped. I've been listening to you for like, gosh, like four or five years now, dude, kick ass man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy. This summer it'll be five fucking years of the therapy. Gecko.
Speaker 3: You're looking good. By the way, Thanks, I say that, I checked the same. I don't usually watch live, but I did today because I have Thanks.
Speaker 2: Brother, Thank you brother. I'm down thirty pounds since I finished my tour last year. Sweet, so I'm trying to be less fat. Being fat it was not fun. I'm eighteen pounds away from my goal weight. I'm trying to be as skinny as I was before I started being the gecko. Uh so we're almost there. But enough about me. Who cares? What's up with you, Steve? What do you want to talk about today?
Speaker 3: Okay? I work in Atlanta, and I know you mentioned Atlanta sometimes, but I work with in the film industry and it's kind of a stressful industry to work in.
Speaker 2: Oh uh yeah. I worked on set in Atlanta for a summer and it was yeah, it's what are you a PA?
Speaker 3: So I kind of bounce between doing PA stuff, but I'm actually I am in the union now, so I am like a props assist, but I also dabble in a set deck as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, you probably work like eighty hours a.
Speaker 3: Week when I do work. Yes, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean that's how it works down there, right, is you work like you'll work for like eighty hours a week for like a month, and then work like zero hours a week for like, you know, a few weeks, and then right It's like it's very like super on and super off.
Speaker 3: Isn't it very correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean it totally depends on whatever like production companies do and the gigs. Some gigs are done like a month, two months, some are done in six months. I know Stranger Things is on for like over a year plus, so that would be a nice gig to be Oh, but I've also heard that it gets a little crazy over there sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, although I will say I kind of that method of working, I actually think is pretty I actually think that's a I mean, everyone's kind of different, right, but like that's kind of like a nice balance, right, because I would rather have like a short period of I would rather have like a period of time where like all I'm doing is working, and then a period of time where all I'm doing is not working, versus like working a little bit every single day, you know, because now because you can you feel like, I mean, I don't know, what do you like that lifestyle?
Speaker 3: It's and that's kind of like what I wanted to talk about, because like a lot of people want to get into the film industry for like total you know, understandable reasons. I think something that they don't really like acknowledge is that you don't work unless you have someone who can hire you two work and then that only Yeah, that only goes on for however long the actual gig is. But me personally, I don't mind working for like four or five months straight, maybe a little month or two off and then go back to work. But I just hopped off a project like last week. I've had a week off now and getting a little bored man, getting a little in my head. But I just got to know that things will be on the way soon.
Speaker 2: What are you in your head about?
Speaker 3: Uh, just because you know, like when you work for a month or a month or two or however long your project is, and then your gig's over, You're like, yeah, here's my last day. It was the last day I'll be working, and then not knowing when something else is going to come in. You're like, I might not be working for two weeks, might not be working for two months. And then with the strike that happened like a year or so ago, like most people didn't work for like six months, which.
Speaker 2: Is yeah, pretty tough. I mean that is the nature of the film industry, right ye is you have no idea when your next gig is going to be. I guess that's the nature of like freelance work in general.
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean when you when you are on set, do you like it or is it? Is it crazy?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 3: Being on set is super fun. I knew I wanted to be in the movies when I was like six or so. Maybe not like the in them, but you know, have something to do with the creation of them. And so whenever I got my first gig as a PA, which was in Props, I got super lucky with getting to have on set experience with that, and oh my gosh, it's so fun getting to work with everyone and just seeing how these like huge budgeted shows and movies get made is really it's amazing. And it's also like, holy fuck, we spend a lot of money, Like so much money, dude.
Speaker 2: It's really insane how I feel like I have these kinds of inside baseball conversations about like movie shit on the podcast A Bunch, but I do like having them. It's insane how much fucking money it costs to make TV shows and movies. And I always for for like, like fucking I used to work on this set of uh, who cares about this? I used to work on the set of like an adult swim show that aired at like four o'clock in the morning that people, I don't think it had a lot of viewers. And I was talking to somebody like who worked in like the production office, and they mentioned that a season of this show cost four million dollars to make. And I'm like, and you know the crazy thing, And you know this, four million dollars in film and television universe is not that much money.
Speaker 3: It is not a lot.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a lot of money, which is crazy because in real life, four million dollars is a fucking shit ton of money.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's a life four million dollars.
Speaker 2: Saying amount of You can do so many things for four million dollars, and then for some somehow they spend four million dollars to make a TV show that nobody watches. How the fuck is that a good financial investment? And yet the Hollywood is doing it, you know, I mean for four million how many Like if you if you're trying to make money, there's infinite better things you could do with four million dollars. Then make a season of a TV show that nobody's fucking watching.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, there's that. And then you have actually worked on laid the like second time it was getting made, and the amount of money that they put into that that hasn't even been released yet. Oh man, I couldn't even I don't even want to think about it.
Speaker 2: It's crazy shit, it's crazy shit. Well let's see here. What's your name Ago, Oh, Steve, Steve, Steve. Well, what have you been doing in your off time?
Speaker 3: In my off time? I'm going to sound like a nerd, but I three D print armor, like Mandalorian armor, like just on the side. So I've just been redesigning that, printing that out because it was working in props. It also does kind of helped just to have a little bit of a you know, background knowledge on how to put this together in case something happens on set. Yeah, just being good with your hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you three D print armor?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it? I I feel like we I mean, the material, the three D printing material is kind of crappy, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Oh well yeah, I mean I'm not trying to get shot with this, but you know, whenever I get a little high go to a convention, I feel pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Uh plastic Okay, so it's all plastic, like you're not This isn't like you're not You're not taking this into battle with you.
Speaker 3: No, but there are there are people out there that do make their armor with iron and they like hand hammer it and yeah that's impressive. I'm not there yet, but we'll see. You never know.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Well, what's your what's your dream? Steve? What do you want to do with your life before you die?
Speaker 3: Before I die?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Pretty I guess I'm somewhat content with the job I have now, But I don't know. I guess, like everyone who would be nice just to be able to enjoy life and go out and travel more, because I guess, like a lot of people that I've been calling in and yourself included, to have the travel bug. I love going around the world seeing all the places I can. That dude he is talking about the Canary Islands was taking me think of the British version of islands again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the travel Bug's interesting. I think if you if it's something you've never done before, it's absolutely worth traveling as much as you can. And then I think, after a while, you know that fucking song where it's what has it go goes like I've all only one place left I want to go. He says, you can't you know whatever. I don't know why I'm singing that song, but yeah, the travel Bug is kind of Yeah. If you never travel before, you should definitely do it. I think at a certain point you realize life was always about I don't know, I guess the connections you make. I don't know. I don't know why. I'm trying to be deep right now. I'm I'm I'm gonna let's let's talk about something else.
Speaker 3: They're good. You're carrying the conversation. I mean, I didn't have like too too much to talk about because I mean, I don't know, I've just always been a big fan, and it's been insane watching your story, especially with you know, with Vice. Then I kicked off like a where we go? But no, you're totally carrying the conversation. And also the case. So Rito needs to be returned to Taco About the case.
Speaker 2: C Rito absolutely needs to be returned to Taco Bell. What else do they have they have recently? The French The talk about French fries pretty good. I don't know why I'm bringing that.
Speaker 3: No, no, they are. They're under raided for a fry.
Speaker 2: The packing peanut cinnamon things, I've been shipting on for a while, but they're also pretty good. Uh, they need to bring back the strawberry pink starburst freeze. That one's a classic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see, Steve. What's you You want to tell me a deep, dark secret before we go?
Speaker 3: Oh God, Okay, you're going to get pissed off from me saying this, but I do agree with it every time you might. I do agree with it when people say that your face should be read And I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: All right, Steve, Well I'll I'll talk to you later.
Speaker 1: See you, Li. I love you.
Speaker 2: Bye, Steve. Luck good good, good luck. Don't never die, Never die, Steve. One, I hung up on him. Well, now, I didn't really hang up on. The conversation was simply just over and then I hit the button. All right, one more that I'm out? Hello, Hello, Hi? What's your name?
Speaker 4: Hi? I'm Charlie.
Speaker 2: Charlie. What's going on? Charlie? How is life?
Speaker 4: Lyle? I think you already know. I think you get the vibe. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I I don't I should I assume that's bad. That's bad.
Speaker 4: I guess so sorry. I'm also very nervous. I wasn't. I mean, everyone saved that, but I wasn't expecting to get through. But it's great to talk to you. Yeah, I mean things are okay. I'm twenty seven as well, so that's kind of where I'm at with life. I know that you're sort of in the same spot.
Speaker 2: H I am twenty seven. I am a twenty seven year old boy. Twenty seven is an interesting age. I feel like it's the age that you stop you know what I was going to say, It's the age you stop being able to consider yourself young. But I I the more I think, you know what, Oh, here's a crazy thing. Here's I saw this on Twitter and I agree with it. Twenty seven feels old, thirty one feels young.
Speaker 4: Ooh ooha.
Speaker 2: Isn't that a crazy one? Isn't that a crazy one?
Speaker 4: It kind of is, And I kind of I have some thoughts on that because I kind of think, you know, when we think of up to the age of thirty, I think we're kind of thinking about our childhood as well, right Like it's just this whole chunk of time of development where every single year it's something new, right Like you're getting to all our new friends, you're learning algebra or whatever. And so by the time you're like in your twenties, you've lived like a million lives, going through school and growing up and meeting people and like I don't know, becoming a furry or whatever. And then you're in your twenties like, Okay, well I'm an adult now. But I guess by the time you're twenty seven, I don't know. In my mind, that's almost like being ninety nine, right, Like you're at the end of this chunk of your life. Like twenty seven is just a really old child, but thirty one that's a baby adult. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. Twenty seven that's that kind of puts into words why thirty one feels younger than twenty seven, because twenty seven that's an old child. Thirty one that's a baby adult. So it's yeah, it's interesting you feel like you're at the end of a certain kind of uh life chapter, which is why it feels old, But thirty one it's like you're at the beginning of thirties. Yeah, it's so it's interesting how we kind of contextualize time in that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, I don't know. I've been thinking a lot recently about how humans aren't even really meant to live this long. And I kind of think that has a big thing to do with it, Like, you know, because I just turned twenty seven in the middle of March, and I keep thinking like, damn, I'm so old. My brain is fully developed, and I don't know, it's just it's weird because then I think, okay, like a few billion or whatever. I don't know how old humanity is, but you know, when we were still like running around in the jungles or whatever, what, we were living till like fifteen, So I guess it kind of feels weird.
Speaker 2: Well, were we only living to fifteen?
Speaker 4: I don't know, probably, I mean that's some point in history we were definitely only living to fifteen, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably, or we were at least only living until Like I don't know, this is this is actually this is a good history question. I'm with you, though, I do sometimes I feel like like a mister me Seeks. Yeah, that's that's a thought I've been It's a bit of a depressing thought, but that's a thought I've been having lately. Is I've been feeling like a mister me seeks. I'm like, I was not I don't know if I was meant to God. This is depressing. I don't like this line of thought. I don't think it's good.
Speaker 4: No, it's not depressing. It's just reality. I think we have.
Speaker 2: Well I don't. I don't. I don't think it is reality because I I think I was just talking about this on the podcast recently. I encounter a lot of people in their sixties and fifties and whatever who are like happy and enjoying life and doing things. You know, So I think to be twenty seven and go, oh, I'm dead, I wasn't supposed to. Let I'm done. I think that's I don't think that is reality. I think that's that's a that's a bad perspective to have. So I don't think it's to say it's reality is to say my bad perspective is the truth, which is you know, who the fuck does that help? Right? So I don't. I don't agree that it's reality. It's how I feel, but I have But I'm optimist. I try to be optimistic. I try to not. I don't want to feel that way. I am going to work actively to change my perspectives that I don't feel dead, so that I don't feel because look, dude, you're as old or as young as you say that you are, right, I mean, there's nothing. Yeah, if if you want to walk around feeling like you're mister me Seeks and that you you're you pequed and whatever, then yeah, that becomes your reality. Reality, per There are certain things are objectively Reality is objective reality that we have both been alive for twenty seven years. But you know, a lot a lot of the ship around that is simply uh perspective. So I don't think that, yeo. So when you say it's reality that we are washed up, I think that's that's a fallacy because that's these these these things that we're claiming about ourselves are are just a matter of our own perspective, which I think we can change. This is me being optimistic, and I have no choice but to be optimistic, because if I'm not going to be optimistic, then I might as well just be mister me Siek's and I might as well, you know, fucking whatever. But so I'm choosing, maybe I'm choosing to be optimistic as in every situation that I have the energy to be optimistic.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yes, an optimism I feel as depressed as everyone may get at, you know, whatever time of their life, there's always going to have to be a degree of optimism, whether we're aware of it or not. Optimism or like the hope for change or the concept that there's something different out there right, whether we believe in it or not. You know, we wake up every day and feed ourselves and give ourselves water, whether we're happy about it or not, and happy about our lives or not. You know, even just going through the motions, I think is sort of it holds that degree of secret optimism, whether we're aware of it and embracing it or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I guess. I guess that's true. Yeah, I think that's true. I think that's true. I don't think we're washed up. I think we're I don't know. It's whatever you decide, it's whatever you fucking decide, And I don't know. I just don't. I wanna my my my goal for this year is to join the fucking living. You know. That's that's that's become my that's become my catchphrase or my modus operandi. However the fuck you phrase that. Yeah, I want to join the living. I I'm tired of being fucking feeling insane all the time. You know, people do it, people figure out ways to join the living, and I'm I'm I'm doing it. I'm joining the living. I hope you joined the living too. It looks like they're having a good time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I mean again, I think it's just sort of being like in the middle to end of your twenties, where you're like, Okay, you know, this part of my life is over. What do I want to bring with me into the next part of my life? And like, what do I want the next part of my life to look like? Like I don't know, it's weird, and I don't think anyone ever really talks about it, But I feel like this is sort of, you know, the choke of age where we have to decide like, okay, like are we going to just like lay down and die or are we going to look at our lives and see which part of our lives we want to die and you know, what we want to feed into and become. And I think when it comes to like the concept of joining the living, it is really funny you say that because I'm kind of in the same position where a lot of my life I just did what I was supposed to go to school, you know whatever, and I never really got to live my life. I was just really focused on like doing what I was supposed to do. And so now I'm here, and I'm sort of at that crossroads of like, Okay, you know, do I want to pursue relationships. Do I want to get a higher education? Do I want to move to Norway? You know, It's just it's a tricky chunk of time to be alive in because we have so many options and we haven't really ever made this this funny choices or had this much autonomy for our lives because again, we're old children, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, I also think that's kind of a function of the modern world, is like we also, like I was thinking about that, I'm like addicted to Instagram. I'm trying to be less addicted to Instagram. And it's like, dude, a lot of people, you know, they get addicted. They I don't know why I'm saying that is if I'm not projecting, but like I'll wake up and I'll look at Instagram stories and it's like, what the fuck I'm waking up and immediately looking at everybody else's life and I'm looking on the Internet and I'm being exposed to the breadth of here. It's like, it's like basically, it's like heroes. All the lives that you could possibly be living, as told by everyone that you've ever met or connected with. And that's too much. That's not a thing that has ever been part of our human experience for as long as youhumans have been alive.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And it makes you compare yourself to other people. It just it just takes you. It rips you out of your fucking life in a way that I don't think humans have have ever experienced. So we we definitely, I think in the modern world, uh, I have to deal with a lot of those uh uh uh challenges. But also, you know, we also have a lot of opportunities because of the modern world. You know, I dress up like a fucking gecko and talk to strangers about ship. Because of the modern world, we have the opportunity to move to Norway and join a whatever the fuck thing because we found out about it on Instagram or the internet. So I don't know, it's it's I guess it's it all, It all that all fucking comes down to how you want to look at it, I suppose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, And I mean, uh, there's something you just said which was, uh, you know, you wake up and immediately and I do the same thing, immediately just go on Instagram and look at other people's lives. But like, and I know, obviously I'm guilty of the same thing, but damn, it's you know, you wake up and immediately sort of clock out. It's like, did you even wake up at all? Like you may as well at that point still.
Speaker 2: Be dreaming, right, Yeah, yeah, God, I gotta get I gotta get off to fucking I hate the internet so much. I hate it. I fucking hate it. I hate it so much. I notice my I am a I am a little fucking rat boy. I'll like, uh, notice my body going on the computer, opening the computer, typing in r and then hitting enter to go on Reddit. And it's like I'm one of my dumbs like a mouse pulling a lever in and it's it's not it's it's every day, multiple times a day, and I'm like, what the fuck. I gotta I gotta, I gotta stop. I gotta deprogram myself. It's like, uh, sometimes I'm like, uh, I don't know the the problems are like writing fucking in front of me. I gotta, I gotta, I gotta deprogram myself from the craziness of the modern world. And then you go into Reddit and then everything on the reddit is like, here's what Trump is doing. And then some guy comments being like you know, uh, Trump get owned, and you're like, what are we? What are we? What are we doing here? We gotta go. We gotta Why don't we you know, plant to fucking learn to play guitar? I don't know something. We gotta do something. We can't just be looking at the fucking we I can't just be looking at what Elon Musk is doing all day. It's it's just ridiculous. It's fucking insane. Who cares?
Speaker 4: I mean, who cares?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, I mean no, who cares? Yeah? You know, it's not normal. It's not normal at all.
Speaker 4: Like this is not what we were made for, and like it is so tough because we as humans, like we're evolved, We we created this, right, we put ourselves in this machine of dopamine and money and made up concepts, and we stressed ourselves out over it. At the end of the day, like we're monkeys, We're monkeys.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: And you know, there's half of us that is human and intellectual and reasonable and you know whatever, and then there's the monkey ass that's just ooh Reddit, ooh ooh. Swiping on Instagram is so fun, but it's not fulfilling as a whole, right, Like it's you know, you know, like a little monkey part of your brain can just run around and play all day. But then the human part is like, Okay, well I need uh, I don't know, emotional stability and whatever. X y Z.
Speaker 2: Do you know what we should do, Charlie. We should go live in a cave.
Speaker 4: I've been thinking about it a lot. While I'm not joking that.
Speaker 2: Guy at the beginning, I think he had it right. He had it fucking right about living in a cave. He's got a he's got a private Instagram account, he probably has three followers, he has caves friends, he eats cheese. He's doing he's doing it pretty good. He's doing it pretty good. He's doing it pretty good. Or I mean, I don't know. Maybe you don't. Here's the thing. You don't have to go live in a cave on the Canary Islands. But maybe maybe there's a metaphorical version of living on a cave in the Canary Islands that you can just do from home. Whatever that looks like.
Speaker 4: You know, I really kind of think the because it's not a new idea, right, I feel like everybody forever has always been like, oh, I want to run away to a cave or the coast or or like a treathouse and have no responsibilities. But I mean that's exactly That's exactly it. Like, that's just us being human and wanting to return to what we're actually made for, which is just existing and having a fun little time.
Speaker 2: I think probably, Charlie, is there a Is there anything else you want to say to the people as the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: You know, I think the biggest thing that I want to say is just what I've already said, which is just it's important to remember that we're animals, you know, be nice to yourself, whoever you are, whatever you are, Like at the end of the day, we're just big, stupid monkeys and yeah, damn, like we're really just trying our best. It just be a be a good owner for the pet that you are to yourself.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that, Thank you, thank you, Charlie, good luck, have a good rest of your.
Speaker 4: Life, Lyle. I'll miss you, bye.
Speaker 2: Charlie, Hie Yle. God damn it, I fucking I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna never look at Reddit or Twitter ever again. Mark my words, Mark my fucking words. People, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna never look at Reddit or Twitter ever again in my entire life. God damn it. Shit, it's like a heroin. I don't know why. You know. What sucks is that? Like a lot of my addictions, like I at least, like you know whatever, candy or getting high or watching porn or jerking oat like all that shit, like at least I like it, but like read it in Twitter, It's like I'm addicted to it and I don't like it. What the fuck is that? Those are the things that have to go? All right, whatever, I'm gonna try my best. All right. Thank you for listening to the Therapy Getto podcast Thank you forever and always for listening to the Therapy get Goo podcasts. Good luck. I don't I don't know if I have anything else to say. I'm not go I think I'm not good at the This was I think this was a great episode. I liked talking to the cave guy. I like talking to the film guy. I like to talking to Charlie. I think the middle of the I don't know, the ending of this podcast doesn't have to be good, all right. I don't think I I don't think I need to say anything of substance in this very moment because I think I over the core period of time that this podcast, this episode out, this hour and however many minute long episode was, I think things of substance were said in the middle. So I don't think that the end necessarily needs any substance to it. So I'm just gonna leave it like this, Okay, thank you very much. I'm gonna go. Uh, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go do nothing.
Speaker 1: Goes on the line taking your phone calls.
Speaker 5: Every nine he kept goes through his eyes as teaching him how to have your life, but he's not really an expert.