Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition. There you go of the kasrpre Show. Today's Friday, March seventh. I'm Billy Rutlidge along with Shannon the Dude. You can give us a call on the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line that's eight five nine two eight zero to two eight seven. You can also text us at five oh two two six five six six five six. As always the case, our pre show is brought to you by ital X Fine Italian Dining in Lexington. We are in Louisville today here at the Cord Andbread Hip. What would you call this plant packaging facility.
Speaker 2: Shannon, All of the above, that's right, the headquarters where it all goes down, where all the magic is made, right here in this building.
Speaker 1: That's right. We've been out to the fields where they harvest the actual hemp, but now we're at the packaging plant here in Louisville, which is a really cool place. I mean not just the artwork on the walls, but the big space and they give tours all the time, Shannon, where you can see through and watch them actually make the core bread heap product.
Speaker 2: All of this is handmade. That's the thing that really surprised me when I came in. I thought i'd see all this machinery and stuff and they cranking out these gummies. But no, they actually make the molds and pop them out and coat them with the sugar and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: It all happens right here behind us.
Speaker 1: That's got to be a time consuming process too, So this is a very cool facility. I see our guy Eric here. Jim Higden's gonna join us, one of the owners of corn Bread Hemp, to talk about some of the issues that corn Bread Hemp is having right now when it comes to I guess the legal process and Congress right now, Shannon, But this has been a product that's been with KSR for over five years at this point now, and it really does make a difference. Shannon. I don't know if you have a personal story, but I take this stuff after those two AM posts.
Speaker 2: I do, and I don't think I've talked about this on the air, But you know, last summer, when I was in the process of selling my house and moving and all this stuff, I was really stressed out and I started having what I would describe as I don't know if it's anxiety attacks or panic attacks. I think there is a difference. I'm not sure which one that I had, Yeah, but I was just if you've never had one before. It's hard to describe what a panic attack feels like. It almost the best way I could describe it is it feels like you're dying. Yeah, I would say, well, you've never died before. How do you know what dying fills like? It just feels like you're going to drop over. It's like I looked it up on Google. They phrase it as a filling of impending doom.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's.
Speaker 2: The best way I could describe an anxiety attack or a panic attack if you never had one. But I tried taking gummies when I would have those, and I noticed that I had results, And I texted Jem and Eric and I said, man, I just want to thank you for your product, because this is the only thing that is getting me past these whatever I'm having anxiety attacks overwhelming them.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and it really balanced me out.
Speaker 2: So I just want to say a big thanks to Jim and Eric for their product because it really got me through some tough times last year.
Speaker 1: And there's a million stories just like that. These guys are making a difference in this world and they've grown a ton. It's amazing to see their impact not only spread throughout Kentucky, but throughout this country. So we'll talk about them today. If you come hang out with us today, you get free gift bags. They've got wild eggs coming from their Dutchman's Lane location, Shannon, So there should be a very fun time today.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. You know, we talk about the quality of the product It's flower only. You see a lot of these CBD companies will take the stem and all the other parts of it and throw it all in there, and that's what you get when you get their CBD products with this It's flower only. They take all the other stuff out that doesn't belong in there, and they've actually used that for like betting for horses, okay, out of Churchill downs and stuff, which is really cool. So all of it gets used, but not all of that goes into the product that you consume.
Speaker 1: Well, very good, I guess this is not the place though, to puff mad lie to get high as a kite. No, the senator really, I mean they put that in the bill, Shannon, which is probably the most amazing part to me as senator one senator was looking to legalize recreational marijuana, but just trying to be cool. Maybe the dad trying to relate to his kids a little bit too hard there, I think.
Speaker 2: So I'm with the other guys that said though, you know, somebody's got to read that, and usually it's a sweet little old lady. I want her to be able to say those words and quote that.
Speaker 3: Guys. What was it again?
Speaker 2: Puff puff?
Speaker 3: What puff?
Speaker 1: Mad? Lie to get high as a kit.
Speaker 3: Off mad light, to get high as a kite? I like that. I'm gonna put that as my tagline on my Twitter account.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, next time you go to Vegas, maybe you can partake a little bit. But eight five nine two eight two to eight seven pull to Travis Perry this morning, Shannon. Don't know if you realize that yet, but I was touching up the mustache a little bit and touched a little bit too much, so I had to shave it. You took it all off. Oh okay, I to take the whole thing off.
Speaker 2: I did notice you're looking like a clean shaven, sweet young mountain baby, an eight year old angel baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah is what I look like. But uh, you know what you gotta do, what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Sometimes sor right, you'll grow it back. The peach buzz will come back in a day.
Speaker 1: It only took three years to throw the mustache, so you know what, maybe one of these days it'll come back. Shannon, I have to completely disagree with you about your worst sports to watch on TV. Oh yeah, okay, you said golf, man so boring part. That's my sport at the very least, it's the best sport to take a nap to.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's that's exactly right, because it's so boring. Point for me right now, by saying it's the best sport to take a nap to, tell me an energetic, fun, exciting sport that is fun to take a nap to it. If you said you know football or basketball, no, you wouldn't take a nap to that, But golf, absolutely you would.
Speaker 1: The perfect am Beyonce. A lot of times the announcers are whispering to you, it's like Sunday after just let me take an hour nap. I am not gonna say that that is the worst sport on television if.
Speaker 3: It puts me on.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it was the worst sport. I says the most boring sport boring like, I'm sure there are worse sports, you know, Like, uh, I don't know, like what water polo? Maybe you know what that's more exciting than golf. Golf is just boring.
Speaker 1: It won't ask me to tread water either.
Speaker 3: Yeah that long?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Like the how in shape those water polo players have to do.
Speaker 2: What gets me though, the people who go, oh, yeah, golf is so fun, but being baseball so boring? Like, don't don't tell me how baseball is boring? But you're a golf fan?
Speaker 3: Out with more with?
Speaker 1: Was it Drew that said that yesterday that baseball is he.
Speaker 2: Said he's a Braves fan too. You're gonna be a Braves fan if you can't even stay awake and watch it?
Speaker 1: Well, look like I like watching postseason baseball when every pitch matters. But you're telling me you're watching the dog days of summer.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm watching spring training game, which, by the way, the Braves of tie twice.
Speaker 3: How are you gonna have just a tie? I know it's spring training.
Speaker 2: I know it doesn't matter, but I don't want to see a one to one game A couple of days ago was zero to zero. Now that now that probably was boring that.
Speaker 1: That's probably the most Unamerican thing, is ties, right. I think we should just just get rid of those in all sports.
Speaker 2: But that maybe not in soccer though, because they'd be out there for a week. Nobody could score a goal, just go to penalty kicks.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but that that does bring me to soccer because that was what Ryan's worst sport to watch.
Speaker 3: I mean, my gosh.
Speaker 2: The guy was just there at That's Sporting Club last Friday talking about how great soccer is and then six days later says it's the most boring sport on the planet.
Speaker 1: I could not believe that.
Speaker 2: I mean, my goodness, but I could, you know what I mean. And they gave you know what, and they gave him free swag too. I know they should make him bring that back to the gift shop.
Speaker 1: The home opener is this Saturday. Yeah, after the UK.
Speaker 2: Game, we talked about how exciting it was that Lexington had a new soccer stadium, and he throws them right under the bus and says they're boring.
Speaker 1: I actually got really into soccer of the last year or two. Shannon. I made a comment on the show a couple of years ago where a team called Real Madrid played and it's actually real. Oh, Real Madrid, And that kind of put me through like a I don't know, a little rabbit hole of become a little bit of a soccer fan, Shannon. So they got a lot of games on weekends Sunday mornings, you get up to watch the Premier League. But I doubt that you're much of a soccer guy.
Speaker 2: I'm not, but I'm not gonna call it boring. I would go watch it or exciting. I would like to go watch the Lexington Sporting Club at some point, so I will make sure I do that.
Speaker 3: Not my favorite sport, but not boring.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to go see the Lexington Sporting Club. But baseball, to make a point, I think is a lot more fun to watch in person. It's just a completely different experience when you can have a hot dog and go to the ballpark and sing, take me out to the ball game.
Speaker 2: Sure you know I said golf is boring. It's not boring if you're playing it. I don't think.
Speaker 1: It's exactly frustrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more frustrating makes me say a lot of people say they relax by playing golf. Makes me say a lot of four letter words when not trying to play golf.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's one of those things that I just can't watch on TV though.
Speaker 1: A five nine two oh two two eight seven. Busy weekend of sports. It is the last few games of the regular season. When it comes to college basketball, the SEC Tournament is next week. Are you ready for a little trip with the guys coming up?
Speaker 3: I'm ready. It looks like Thursday is going to be the day.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna have to go down on a Tuesday now to see Kentucky play at Wednesday at one o'clock would be the nine seed Wednesday at one.
Speaker 1: Glad we avoided that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, it should be a lot of fun. We're doing our KSR show for those of you coming down to Nashville. We're gonna be doing it at ten roof on Broadway. We'll be down there for the pre show, which will be eight am since they're on Central Time of course KSRS after that, and then the band will be playing later on in the day, depending on if Kentucky is an eight seed or a seven seed. If they're an eight, they'll be playing at one o'clock on Thursday. If there's a seven they'll be playing I guess nine Eastern time, probably more like nine thirty because there's a game before that.
Speaker 1: So the first or the last game is kind of the most favorable landing spot for Kentucky on Thursday. So about the hardest working man in radio having to do the pre show KSR afternoon radio shows, your own show, your band show. So no no time off for.
Speaker 2: You next and four hours is a lot. It's a lot, and there's no break.
Speaker 1: You got to play for the band's That's.
Speaker 2: Like a ten roof thing that they do, like at every ten roof across the country. It's called broadway, which means you go on stage and you don't leave the stage until four hours later.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Sort of like you know, when you're up there and you're uh, maybe drinking one or two adult beverages responsive late, you may you know, nature kind of kicks in every now and then and you gotta, you know, how do we get off stage here to go to the restroom real quick?
Speaker 3: You know? And that's usually a challenge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need a guitar solo so you could lead singer. You can go creep back.
Speaker 2: So if you're at the show next Thursday and I'll randomly just disappeared, you know what happened.
Speaker 1: So we'll talk a little bit about Kentucky Missouri a little later today the final game for Kentucky before the SEC Tournament. But sh I want to ask you a question. With the SEC Tournament in the NCAA tournament coming up here, give me one Kentucky player that's going to have a March moment, whether it be a big three point shot, maybe he's the catalyst of a ten to ozer run that leads Kentucky to a win. Give me a guy on this team, and it can be obvious, you can say a Mari if you really want to, But give me one guy that's going to have a March moment that we will remember from this team.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm like the number one fan of Kobe Brea. I'm like the in charge of his fan club. I love Kobe Brea, and I feel like, even though he has struggled at times throughout the season, I feel like in March he's gonna kick it into another gear and be the Kobe Brea that we all know can knock down, you know, some big three point shots. So I feel like he's gonna be the guy that we go to, and I feel like that there's a chance that, you know, maybe we're going down the stretch, maybe down a point or two, and to kick it out to Kobe Brea in the corner and he knocks down a big three. I could see something like that playing out because I still believe that every shot that he shoots is.
Speaker 3: Going to go in. More. Man, he needs to shoot more doing it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He posted on Instagram the other day that said, don't wake me up from this dream, and that goes back to these guys just love playing for this university. And so my pick for this question is going to be a guy that's shown nothing but love for his time at Kentucky. That's Annsley, almanor Shannon. I'm telling you, Ansley's hitting a three, whether it be in the corner at the top, that is going to change Kentucky's postseason run. I don't know what it is. There are times where he'll put up a trillion, right, he'll play fifteen minutes and not record a single stat and then there's nights like the other night where he can score twelve or fifteen points. I just think that guy wants it too much, you know, what I mean for him to sit on the bench for this entire thing.
Speaker 2: You could see the appreciation, you know, just in the interviews that he does, how much he loves being here at Kentucky. Yeah, And I don't know that I've always had that feeling for some players in the past. I kind of felt like they were here just to go here for one year to get to the NBA. And I don't feel that same way with this group of players. So I feel like they have a true appreciation. And I feel like a lot of that's because of Mark Pope, who has put on that jersey before and he can, you know, sort of show the players exactly what it means to put on a Kentucky jersey and what it means to the state.
Speaker 1: And to that point, Mark Pope spoke to the media yesterday and I think everybody in Big Blue Nation that hurd it just absolutely loved every single word that he said. I mean, made an emphasis about the SEC tournament. We are here to win. It does not matter the injuries that they've had in the past, the journey that's taken to this point. It is now time to win. And I thought those those words echoed into this fan base after what we've seen Little House on the Prairies. Yeah, you know, go home, play with my dogs. I mean, this is the note car that Pope got at that first press conference that said you've got to make the SEC tournament in importance. Maybe he did get that note card. Maybe he understands it as a former player. Just like you were saying, he's saying all the right things. Now here's the thing. You can't go down to Nashville and be one and done.
Speaker 3: You gotta go. You know, I feel like you got to. You gotta go down there and win the game.
Speaker 2: If we go down there on Thursday and we're done at three o'clock, that's I don't know how far that those quotes are going to carry us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta win.
Speaker 1: And that's the right attitude.
Speaker 3: That is the right attitude. That's what we want to hear.
Speaker 2: But you got to have results too, which I think you know, overall, if you said that Kentucky would be in the situation that they're in given the injuries that they have. And by the way, kerk Kriese is just announced he's out for the rest of the season. That's not really a surprise, but you know, you take out Kirk Creesy, you take out Jackson Robinson. Andrew Carr has been in and out with injuries. I think overall he's done a pretty amazing job.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mentioned Kerr is out for the rest of the year, still has that medical red shirt available. Also, Jackson Robinson had successful surgery. Everything went perfect there. So that's great to hear despite him not being able to come back for Kentucky. But I want to hear from you eight five nine two eight zero two two eight seven. Who will have a March moment this year for Kentucky. I mean, how do you feel going into Missouri on Saturday. I mean that's a team that's played very well at home this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they some Missouri's like Jekyl and Hyde on the road, they have struggled at home.
Speaker 3: They are eighteen and one, so almost unbeatable.
Speaker 1: Lost three of their last four though, to Arkansas, Vandy and Oklahoma. Yeah, I mean they're trending in the wrong direction. This would be a big, big win to keep yourself off with that eight seed.
Speaker 2: So to answer your question, honestly, I don't feel great about the game being at Missouri. If it were in Lexinton, I would feel much better about it, but we'll see. I think it's gonna be close either way, regardless of who wins.
Speaker 1: Well, incredible turnaround. I mean, wasn't Missouri the team that didn't win a single conference game last year?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wasn't that them? I mean, that's so a hat tip to Dennis Gates, the head coach at Missouri. But the final regular season game of the year Saturday, it flew by Man, didn't it.
Speaker 2: It has been It's been a I think part of that is just because it's been so much fun, you know who. We've had years where we almost dread going into March right and it's like, oh gosh, and then it feels like the season just drags on and on and on.
Speaker 3: But this year has been I.
Speaker 2: Think we've just been looking at each game with so much anticipation.
Speaker 3: It's just made the season flying well.
Speaker 1: Also, I agree with what a point was brought up yesterday. I think the sport of college basketball has been in a better spot than it has been in maybe in years past. Yeah, And I think the transferportal probably has to something to do with that and the perry that we see in teams. But we need to take a break five two two sixty five six six five six is the text line Cornbread Heap. We are here live at that their Louisville location. They've been with KSR for five years, so we can't say enough good things with Cornbread Hemp. And we will be joined by one of their owners coming up in the next det Troy.
Speaker 2: Jim Higg is gonna join us, coming up next and talk about what's going on with the Senate and and these these hemp.
Speaker 1: We gotta figure this out.
Speaker 3: I mean, we gotta, we gotta figure it out.
Speaker 2: They keep, you know, trying to jerk them around, and we gotta we gotta straighten this thing out.
Speaker 3: We'll do it with Jim coming up next.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll be all right back here on the show. Before the show. It is the KSR pre Show. All right, welcome back. It is the KSR pre Show live in Louisville at the Cornbread Hemp packaging facility. There's already a big line for some free wild eggs here, so come hang out with us. It's Billy Religion, Shannon the Dude. We are live and joined by the owners of corn Bread Hemp. Shannon.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Eric and Jim are joining us on the headset. What's up, guys? How are you, Billy Shannon?
Speaker 3: Good to see you, Good to see you, guys. Man.
Speaker 2: I just want to say, first of all, how proud I am of you guys. I can't believe you've only been around for six years?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Twenty nineteen? It feels like you guys have been around for twenty years.
Speaker 3: Well, you should be as big as this company has quickly become.
Speaker 1: When you have months and weeks like we have, things move really fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: So tell us what's going on with the latest himp Bill. I know that you're in You're constantly in Frankfurt, and there's always something going on, So tell us what's the latest situation.
Speaker 1: Well, let's just sort of.
Speaker 4: Take a step back and see how how we got here. For the HEMP beverages, TC beverages have been a huge hit in the marketplace for a few years now. For the last year, Eric and I and Cornbread team have been developing our own beverage line for a plan launch April, and then all of a sudden, earlier this week, the Kentucky Senate proposed a complete moratorium on this product that was going to stiff us stick us on our beverage launch, and for forty eight hours that's been the case. With twenty four hour notice. On Wednesday, the Senate Committee voted to ban these products entirely. And now today in the Senate, the Senate's going to vote on a floor amendment to open it back up to allow five milligrams a cap on hemp beverages, which is what we have here at Cornbred Heap. It's gonna allow our product launch to go forward, and so we're very grateful that we've been given that opportunity. But there's been no need for all this chaos that's happened around these shell bills at twenty four hour notices for votes on things. This is exactly the same bill that was going to be introduced in the House, minus the taxes, but instead of getting it through the House and working through regular order, we've had this chaotic whipsaw effect of it being introduced with twenty four hour notice in the Senate and then bouncing back to the.
Speaker 1: House next week.
Speaker 4: So we'll be introducing an amendment for the House next week to raise this milligram cap from five to ten and offer to tax it like beer, not like spirits. It's important to tax these products like beer, not like spirits, to raise the milligram cap from five to ten. We're going to offer that amendment in the House hopefully, and we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 1: Well. You know, I've got one in my hand right now, five milligrams of THHC, twenty calories and four grams of sugar and Eric, I mean, it's puzzle because things like this bring so much good to people that are in pain, right, so when they're trying to avoid things like this coming out, it just makes me scratch my head. But you've seen it firsthand with the gummies over these last few years.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, there's a lot of people that want to take a swing at us because of our success. Unfortunately, that's what happens when you grow from a small business to a medium business. All of a sudden, people start watching you. And I think that's kind of unfortunately the case here and and there's.
Speaker 4: Definitely unfortunately or fortunately fortunately think about this is you know a compliment like this, This is a this is our welcome to the big boys club moment.
Speaker 1: People are jerking us around to let us know whose boss. And that's great.
Speaker 4: If this has been an instructive moment that's meant for us to learn things. We have certainly learned things this week, and so that's you know, in the end, it's a compliment.
Speaker 2: So what can it like? Everybody listening right now do to help out? Call your legislature or what do we do?
Speaker 4: Be very engaged with your legislator. The Senate is pretty much cooked, so don't waste your time worrying about the Senate. The bill's being introduced in the Senate today is going to pass. Just let it pass. The focus now is on the House to amend the Senate bill to raise the cap to ten and to tax it like beer, ten milligrams.
Speaker 1: Tax it like beer.
Speaker 4: Call your representative on the House side and tell them ten milligrams and tax it like beer.
Speaker 1: Politely, politely. Do you feel like the perception of HEMP is changing over these past six years that you've been in business. I know you're still fighting tooth and nail when it comes to some of these regulations, but like, overall throughout the years, how have they perceived you and how has that changed?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? I mean, the biggest impediment we have is just education. There's so many new people coming into the House and Senate every year, and it's a kind of a revolving door, and so we're there every year to educate people over and over and over on what is really happening in this industry. And that's probably the hardest part, is just making sure everyone understands what's happening, because there's a lot to.
Speaker 4: This and there's some people that are always going to be against what we do. That's just the fact of life, and that's fine. But the marketplace is spoken. There's a real needed desire for people for beverages just like this, and it's important for responsible companies to feel that marketplace's need because otherwise it will be filled by less quality products than the illism market.
Speaker 1: Well it works. I mean, we both gave personal stories over the last couple of days about how it's helped us sleep, and I'm sure you guys have gotten that in the in the past too.
Speaker 3: So I saw you up there with Uncle Andy a couple of days ago. How was that you.
Speaker 1: Got pulled up there with no notice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: I'm sure at some point someone told me I was going to go up and say something I forgot, but but no one in like the ten to twenty minutes before, we were sitting around waiting like remember to say, like you're going up there and you're prepared for that, right And I was not prepared. And so Governor Andy was like, and here's Jim taking away. He stepped away from the podium, and I was like, oh, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: I had to be cool though they have no sign language person over there like doing everything, and the.
Speaker 1: Dog was right there next to him.
Speaker 4: The first time I've had a sign language interpreter, So that's a really big deal. The American flag and the Kentucky flag behind me looks really good. My new profile picks are banging. It's like amazing. Yeah, But the really distraction thing was the distracting thing was the Governor's dog, Winnie, was just there without a caller, like like you know, like when he owned the place, And that was that was distracting when I was trying to think of what to say live on TV with no notice.
Speaker 3: Got a couple of minutes left before the break.
Speaker 2: Here, take me back to the very beginning, like when you guys decided, you know, you had this this idea and then you put it into play. Now here we are in this beautiful facility that you have. Like I don't know what was I guess maybe writing the book Cornbrad Mafia did.
Speaker 3: That's kind of start all of.
Speaker 1: This or it's hard to know where all this starts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like in eighth grade, the Cornbread Mafia gets announced when I'm you know, when I'm in eighth grade in nineteen eighty nine. That kind of sets forward a series of events that get us where we are today.
Speaker 1: Air graduated with an NBA.
Speaker 4: From Bellaman in what year, twenty sixteen, So like we got together in twenty eighteen to hatch this plan. So like all this came together in this really fortuitous way. We got in it exactly the right time, and we got through COVID in a smart way, and ever since then it's been.
Speaker 2: Just like straight up one of the fastest growing hip companies in America.
Speaker 3: How about that? Got to Eric and Jim. You guys are doing amazing work. Thank you for every jumping on.
Speaker 1: Yes, and find some time to reflect about everything you guys have done and achieved.
Speaker 4: There's no time for that.
Speaker 1: Billy really appreciate it. All right, thank you, Thank you guys. All right, all right, well there you go. Shannon's good to talk to the man himself about a little corn bread hemp.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. We'll be here, of course, for the next few hours. Come on out. Uh, they've got what wild eggs, wild wild egg from Dutch already here to be a little later. He's already there. All right, Well, maybe I'll go jump in and uh and grab.
Speaker 1: A plate, jump in, dive in, do what you need to do. Come hang out with us here in Louisville at the corn Bread Hemp Facility Plant. We'll be right back here on the KASR appreciow Welcome back. It is the KOSR pre Show live on a Friday here at the Louisville cord Bread Hemp Plant. From extraction to bottling to packaging, they do it all here, continuing Kentucky's two hundred and fifty year hemp farming tradition with modern innovation. Big thank you to Eric and Jim who just joined us. One person on the text line says, whatever happened to the Cornbread Mafia podcast? Didn't it get taken down after two episodes? I think is one of like three people to ever listen to both episodes?
Speaker 3: Isn't that right? That is right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I listened to it on a trip from Kentucky down to Panama City Beach, Florida one weekend. It was a great podcast, of which I wish everybody could hear it, But yeah, I'm one of very few people that actually got to hear all.
Speaker 3: I think there was eight episodes.
Speaker 1: Maybe what was said that they couldn't leave it up.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was that bad.
Speaker 1: We may never know very information, and you may not know either as somebody that actually listen to it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: It was mentioned that the Rodeo is in town at ropp Arena this weekend, Shannon, but there's also something else that's in town. Comic Con is at the Convention Center and Lexington And actually Drew and Ryan will be doing the KSR postgame show after the Missouri game at Comic Con, so we should have an interesting postgame show. I want to ask you, would you rather go to the Rodeo or Comic Con this weekend?
Speaker 2: Comic Con you could see all of the washed up stars in one spot.
Speaker 1: It's great, right, the all the the voiceover actors that are looking for fame that they never got back twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Never was a rodeo guy. I don't know what about you. Do you like watching the you know, the best parts of the clown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been a couple of times. I mean, I can't say I got cowboy boots on and a hat, but I liked it. You know. You see, if you can hold on for eight second.
Speaker 2: Comic con gives you like David Hasselhoff and like Erkele and you know all these like ninety stars that are signing autographs for probably way too, but it's more like.
Speaker 1: Erkele's you know, second cousin that's trying to sign a lot of times. But it is good. You get Waldo in stuff people watching at comic con probably blows the State Fair out of the water a little bit, don't you think I.
Speaker 3: Would say so.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember if I've ever been to it. I guess the closest I've ever been to a comic con was a wrestle con, I guess you would call it. Matt and I went when we were in New York to go see WrestleMania.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was all these old.
Speaker 2: Wrestlers and like Sergeant Slaughter and there's a hacksaw Jim Duggan who you know with this two by four.
Speaker 3: You can go take a picture with him for forty dollars or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, you've made fun of Comic Con a lot, but can't you Shannon the dude signing autographs at Comic Con twenty years from now. I mean, come on, he's gonna have his little belt that he just made up the title four next to him, and he'll sign for twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll sign for twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: I know you sure you're gonna make that money.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody would pay twenty dollars to get my autograph, but hey, if they were willing to do it, I'll take.
Speaker 1: Eight five nine two two two eight seven. Shannon and KSR pre show fashion. I have a fair or foul for you?
Speaker 3: All right, let's go.
Speaker 1: All right? So this happened Tuesday night. Texas A and M beat the number one team in the country, Auburn, But they did something a little odd after the game. Wade Taylor the fourth is a four year player. He is actually nine points shy of tying or breaking the Texas A and M all time career scoring record, so he's one of the greats. But they retired his jersey immediately after the win versus Auburn Shannon. They've still got a regular season game left this Saturday. They've still got the SEC tournament, they still got the NCAA Tournament. Fair or foul to retire a player's jersey while they are still playing for the team.
Speaker 3: I'm going foul. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: The guy's still pl You can't retire somebody's jersey when they're not when they're still playing. I mean, that's the definition of retirement is you're no longer playing, right, So how you going to retire a jersey when he's still playing?
Speaker 1: Not only that, don't you wait like four or five years before all that happened?
Speaker 3: Twenty thirty years?
Speaker 1: God forbid, he turns his ankle at the first minute of the game and he doesn't break the scoring record. Now, Buzz Williams had some thoughts on it. At first, he was against the idea.
Speaker 2: But whose idea was it? I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But eventually he was convinced this guy has done it the right way, being a four year player. And they think that they they should give people their flowers while they're still here.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I agree with like giving somebody their flowers while they're still alive, unlike you know, the Pete Rose Hall of Fame conversation. Yeah that's good, good, But yeah, I mean while they're still playing, I think that's a stretch.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going foul too. I mean, you gotta wait till the guy finishes his career, right, I mean you could put the point total that he reaches on the banner theoretically if you do that, But now you're just raising the jersey up right now. He could have a really bad march too, you know, exactly leave a bad taste in there.
Speaker 2: But I guess in their mind, you know, he's already done enough. If he didn't score another point, he would still be worthy of having the jersey retired. I'm not opposed to the jersey being retired. I'm just talking about the time that they're doing it now, time and a place for everything. I don't think while the guy is still playing is the time. No, I agree, But whose jersey would you retire next? If you were in charge of Kentucky?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, I'd have to go back and remember who's who's not up there. I'm sure we could go way back for Kentucky that there's guys that deserve to have well, they went.
Speaker 1: Through a stretch where they didn't put a lot at all up in the banners or in the rafters. So it will be a fun day when Ad and John Wall and the others get to that. But let's take our first call the day five nine two eight h two two eight seven. I believe Barry is on the line. Good morning, Barry, how are you?
Speaker 6: Good morning?
Speaker 3: So good?
Speaker 1: Good? What's up?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 6: Okay? So two things, so you know, not the call any collar out, but you know, hope, Bob and James always negative to both parts, right, So Arry gorgetown. Still it could be Bury from Georgetown is always positive. How about that?
Speaker 2: Okay, Barry from Georgetown, what is your possositive spin?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 6: All right, the Kentucky women teams plays Oklahoma today. This is their start in SEC championship right there, it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I like it. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I hope so too, the start of a run Berry, George didn't They just played Oklahoma, they did long ago, and Georgia had program record down in Norman.
Speaker 1: So it's a good matchup. Later today, Barry don't you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're going to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 6: Called the Crew game would be great.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you for the call. Thank you, Barry, Arry positive Berry. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, just think about what Kenny Brooks has done in this first year. You know, we already talked about the win total that he had is already over the amount Kyrie Elsy had over the last two years. So it's gonna be fun to watch and hopefully they can create a little magic in March.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think they're gonna make a good run. But it all starts today, so it's gonna be a lot of fun. I love that they started it. You know, they do this every year. Of course they're a little bit ahead of the men's but it's not all together because I feel like if you do the men's and women's tournament at the same time, it kind of just gets lost in the middle.
Speaker 1: As you go to both, right, right, So you can you can do exactly that. The women's team will play at two thirty pm later today in Greenville, South Carolina. If they win, they will take on the winner of Vandy in South Carolina. So we know how good South Carolina and Texas is another one of those teams that's really good and showed it to Kentucky earlier this year a five nine two eight h two two eight seven couple open lines. We did get the news that Vince Merrill will be staying at Kentucky, so we did we did this song and dance again. Vince will be staying.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's gonna be the same thing that we're gonna get probably every offseason. It's good to be won it though, right, Yeah, it's a good thing that people want our tight end and recruiter coach, you know. But I will say he's had a lot of opportunities, he's turned them all down.
Speaker 3: Now they're right here at Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Of course, part of that is also he's getting one point three million dollars a year. I don't know too many assistants that are getting that kind of that kind of salary. I think Bowling Green was offering him like half a million or something like that, So I would say that probably made up his mind pretty easily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, one point three million year till twenty twenty seven or the last Bowling Green coach made five eighty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're at to come with a lot stronger offer than half a mill when you're making one point three to be the top recruiting coach and tight end.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you about Vince for a second, because Vince is tied in with Stoops. That was one of his first hires. He's been a great recruiter for years. They've risen the standard for Kentucky football. But do you think their legacy hangs on what happens in these next two years or do you feel like they've done enough to remember these guys fondly? Rich Brooks joined me on the Case our pre show one day and said, Mark Stoops deserves a statue.
Speaker 3: We heard about that.
Speaker 1: Do we feel the same.
Speaker 3: I didn't feel it then. I don't feel it now. I just don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like if you're gonna get a statue, you need to have won some kind of championship, whether it be an SEC championship. I mean, I think if you win an SEC championship in football, that's good enough build the statue. But until that happens, till we're in Atlanta and we're, you know, hoisting that trophy, I don't feel like you deserve it. Despite achieving things that nobody had in Kentucky wins the Bear Bryant a right, but an.
Speaker 1: All time winning his coach. Is it possible the all time winning his coach in Kentucky history is on the hot seat this year? I don't think so. After you hear Mitch Barnhardt's comments, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you go four and eight again, yeah, I think you are, like is he right now?
Speaker 3: Probably not, No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: But if you go four and eight again with a tougher, as we've said, a tougher schedule next year, then all of a sudden we gotta start talking about, you know, maybe looking elsewhere.
Speaker 1: It's funny because people have said in the past Kentucky is one of the best jobs in the sport because you could win six or seven games and everybody would be fine. That's just not the case anymore, right. The expectation in the standard has and that's to his credit, right, yes, because if we won six seven games every year and then we didn't get the ten year season, the ten win season years, then we would never have any expectations other than seven.
Speaker 2: We would just think that's that's our ceiling. Now that we've seen we can get to ten. We're not expecting that every season, but every now and then we are, and at least a bowl every year.
Speaker 1: Are you ready to replace Louisville with a Big ten team because that's coming? No? Are you excited to play Indiana No annually? Or Northwestern?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: No? I can't wait to play UCLA instead of playing Louisville. It's ridiculous that this is the change that we're gonna see.
Speaker 2: So let's just ask the folks here, like, how many of you would rather keep Louisville on the schedule for next year?
Speaker 1: I would, that's me.
Speaker 2: How many of you would rather play a Big ten team?
Speaker 3: Oh? There's two?
Speaker 1: There's two? Are so not Kentucky's decision. Ultimately, the SEC gooding in partnership with the Big Ten could force this, but eliminating the Louisville game after this is implemented is a very real thing, and we'll see if that happens, but it would be a shame.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Regardless of of like the state of Lobill's program, I still want to play them every year.
Speaker 3: I do too, because it's our biggest run.
Speaker 1: Even if they're you know, they're on a hot streak and they're playing a little better. I still want to play Louisville. You know, they value wins so much that they're just not going to do that. But we'll see what they do. Speaking of expectations, if you have high expectations for authentic Mexican food, you should go to Poppy's Mexican Restaurant. It's Taco week there. You can get unique tacos at all three locations at Poppies this week at the Palomar Fountains in Chevy Chase above Charlie Brown's and also Pappy's Rapido drive through on South Broadway. Two for one Margarita's eleven to five. This is your last day to take advantage of it. I don't think they're doing it on Saturday, Shannon, So it's a weekday deal. Go hang out with Marco's Poppy's Mexican Restaurant. Who knows you may be on their next Instagram or TikTok video, which one of them has close to a million views at this point. So they've got a great social media team and some great people working there. Poppies Mexican Restaurant, Go get a marg for two Mimosa Billy, and we will see you there. At some point, Shannon will take a break. We'll be right back. We'll wrap things up here on this show. Before the show, the case are all right, Welcome back. It is the KSR pre Show live at Corn brad Hemp in Louisville. The first company to offer USDA organic infused gummies in America. This company is making waves and we cannot be prouder of Jim and Eric and everybody involved.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: And we got some th HC drinks right here, one in my hand. We didn't get anybody to bring us tang, but we have this. I feel like this might be top.
Speaker 1: It open during the show, Shannon, wait till after for this.
Speaker 2: If I'm allowed to, I don't know, it depends. I don't know what kind of effect that might have on me. I know, a little dangerous. Also have a guitar capo that Marsha brought. You know, we were talking about the song that Matt brought up. I forget which song it was now, but he said it's really difficult to play, and people on like TikTok were talking about how hard it is to play this song. Well, it turns out yet to have a capo that makes it a lot lighter. Marsha heard that show and brought a capo.
Speaker 1: You're the best. Thanks you so much. That is so nice. You know. We've got some college basketball this weekend. It's Kentucky at Missouri at noon on Saturday. Also Auburn Alabama playing in a rematch the number one team in the country involved there. Did you see what happened at Alabama's senior.
Speaker 3: Night this week, Shannon, I don't think I did.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Alabama lost to Florida on their senior night, but Natoates announced before the game they would not be having the senior ceremony before the game, but after and what happened was everybody left after they lost to Florida. So the poor photos. I feel bad for the guy, Mark Sears. Now, he'll flop with the best of them, but he had maybe fifteen hundred people in the stands still watching him go through senior day. After the emotional moment at Rupp and these guys being celebrated, I felt a little bad for Mark Sears and Alabama on their senior night the other day.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's on Natoates for doing that, right, I mean, talking about being overly confident. Did you not foresee that there was a chance that you could lose that game and that people weren't going to stick around for the ceremony after you lost.
Speaker 1: Especially against Florida? Really good.
Speaker 2: I'm putting this all on Nate Oates oats for doing this and not doing it before.
Speaker 1: Now it might happen again this weekend. The Louisville Cardinals have announced they will do their Senior Day festivities after the game on Saturday they will take on Stanford. Could we see Stanford win the game and nobody be there for Senior Night for Louisville players. I think it's possible.
Speaker 2: From Louisville, I'm looking at exactly what happened to Alabama and going, you know what, we're gonna do it before.
Speaker 1: They just do it before. It's not that big of a distraction shit, And I mean maybe the guys are pressing a little bit because their family's there and they want to celebrate, But their family would still be there if they were honored after the game, then if they were before.
Speaker 2: I mean, you could possibly even do it at halftime if you want it to, although that might be more of it.
Speaker 1: That might be a big distraction, But yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't understand why you just wouldn't do it before the game.
Speaker 1: So I feel bad for Mark series. I would not feel bad for the Louisville players.
Speaker 2: Walk the Kentucky and mom and dad out and you know you got the flowers and you know you go through the little but.
Speaker 1: After you just lost, nobody's left in the stands like it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yah, you gotta do it before.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take one more call, and I believe it is Allan on the line. Good morning, Alan, how are you.
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: I have a have a question for Channing right quick?
Speaker 4: Uh win as alas Blue down playing in Nashville.
Speaker 2: All right, So it'll be next Thursday, and it's supposed to be from five thirty to nine thirty, but that could change depending on what happens tomorrow with Kentucky and Missouri. So let's say Kentucky wins and they end up the seventh seed and they play it. I guess what would it be nine or eight o'clock? I guess central time.
Speaker 1: It all gets backed up too, because these games still end on time. That' sec officiating.
Speaker 2: This year, we'll have a few monitor reviews, so it'll be on Thursday regardless. But if Kentucky were to win and end up like the seventh seed, we would just play earlier in the day.
Speaker 1: So you'll keep us posted, keep us.
Speaker 2: Posted on on this show and on social media as well, and you better be playing helios.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll be rocking that one out anything else.
Speaker 1: Allen.
Speaker 2: Uh sake a question.
Speaker 4: We're thinking of going down there just for the tin roof celebration.
Speaker 6: Well, I've never been down there.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Shannon?
Speaker 2: Uh, Yeah, it's gonna be a party. And if you like the party, there's no better plays than Nashville during the SEC tournament, especially this year. You add in the Oklahoma and Texas fan base, I don't know how well they'll travel. Even if they don't show up, it'll just be crazy just because of how good all the teams are in the SEC. So I think, you know, all the fan bases are going to be more excited about the tournament and probably be more fans from other teams come down as well. Then you throw in Kentucky fans. Nobody travels like the.
Speaker 1: Kentucky can win one or two games and all that excitement, if not triples.
Speaker 2: So I would say, yeah, we'll make room for you. Come on down, even if you don't have tickets to the game.
Speaker 4: And you all are doing the pre show from Tenruth right, Billy.
Speaker 3: Will not be there.
Speaker 1: I gotta be back in studio to run the game, but I will be there. Shannon will be there with a cast of character.
Speaker 3: I haven't asked Ryan to do it yet.
Speaker 2: Well maybe maybe now it's a good time to ask Ryan if he'll fill in for you.
Speaker 1: Probably, So, thank you, thank you allan for the call, and hopefully you'll see the guys down there in Nashville. Uh, Shannon, I want to ask you, are you a fan of pickup lines like like you're you're the only ten I see?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I laugh at them. I don't think they've ever worked. Do you have a pickup line that has ever worked on a on a lady?
Speaker 1: No, because I just wasn't the cheesy pickup line type of guy. That was kind of more like stare you down from across the bar, you know.
Speaker 2: Just creepily stare you down like I'm gonna murder you make a weird eye contact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure that word.
Speaker 1: But there's a woman going viral over a note a pilot gave her on an airplane. The note was from the one of the pilots, and he said, I have seen the whole world and you are the most beautiful human in it. Ooh, that's good A pickup line, guy, I think that might work on me.
Speaker 2: That's pilot swag right there. Plus you're a pilot, right, I mean, that's that's kind of cool already. So you got like the cool job part down. You're passing notes back to the passengers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did it work?
Speaker 1: Did she? I didn't see an update that update on the story, but I think he does. After a line like.
Speaker 2: That, that's pretty good. I mean he sees a lot of people coming and going.
Speaker 1: And he be using that all the time, though, like you can't.
Speaker 3: Be Oh you think that well?
Speaker 2: I mean I would think that maybe it would have already come out by now if you'd been using it on.
Speaker 1: Other true maybe a pilot before social media could have used that pickup line more than once. But nowadays it's pretty slick.
Speaker 3: I know, how does that work? Now?
Speaker 2: Do you open up the cockpit and then give these well? No, do you give the note if you're the pilot to the like stewardess?
Speaker 1: Oh you know, I'm not sure, maybe he just kind of walked by and put I.
Speaker 2: Mean, if you're flying the plane, you can't just walk by. Well, it's put it on it don't This thing might go down. But I gotta get you this note. Did you have the fish or the chicken? Yeah, that's what you asked to buy an I don't why I'm giving the number. We're out of time. Shannon, tell me about DraftKings for we have yes Draft Kings promo code KSR bet five, get one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets.
Speaker 3: That's the deal.
Speaker 2: You can do same game parlays, live betting, player of props, and so much more with Draft Kings. And for new customers, you sign up with promo code k you bet five, you get one hundred and fifty only on DraftKings. The crown is yours. If you have a gambling problem, call on it. One hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply and new customers only. One of us bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. It's for additional terms and Responsible gaming Resources CDK, MNG, dot co, slash Audio.
Speaker 1: A big thank you to corn Bread Hemp for happing us out today and you guys for coming out. This is a great crowd. Give yourselves a hand. This is this is awesome. Thank you so much. Not only has Cornbread Hemp committed to helping customers find their version of the good life through natural alternatives, they're also creating quality jobs right here in Louisville. And so you know, like we've talked about, if the big thank you to Eric and Jim who joined us, these guys are doing a lot of great work.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they've been great partners with us. And if you haven't tried it yet, I cannot recommend it enough. Cornbreadthem dot Com promo code KSR.
Speaker 1: My hour's over, So maybe I just pop one of these these drinks that we can do now.
Speaker 2: To thhc seltzer Billy doesn't have the ring to it that I think only one of those would probably do you in.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you're probably all right. Maybe we'll have to wait for you to have one too as well. The big big thank you to everybody KSRS next Missouri pregame show nine thirty am tomorrow, So get up with us for Shannon the Dude. I'm Billy Rutledge. We will talk to you on Monday