Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Master along with Tim Stenevik. Let's get to some stocks on the move, because we're definitely seeing some stuff movement today during the regular session and movement in the aftermarket. Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Normal Linda is here in our studio. Where shall we begin, Well, let's take a look at AMD.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is the after hours trade that we've been keeping an eye on. We're seeing shares of AMD down by about five percent right now as we speak. Of course, we know this is after the forecast for the current period. Disappointed investors. It's essentially the company is not really making the AI inroads that a lot of the street was anticipating. I mean, take a look at its competitor and video. We also were seeing some play in the trading day today. We did see shares of Nvidia tacker MVDA down to close by lower by two point eight percent open AI. Just you know, yesterday we got a report that it's unsatisfied with Nvidia's latest AI chips and has sought alternatives since last year, so really continued to keep an eye on this AI play and which companies are able to actually keep up with what the Wall Street is really expecting.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's what's going on with shares of AMD.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Katy, and we did mention, right, I forgive me. I'm like the headlines crossing like crazy. But n Video wants to participate in the eventual open AIPO. So that's just another I don't know to the nvidious story which it was on CNBC. So a lot going on with that name, legs. I'm sorry, Tim, Go ahead, Novo.
Speaker 2: Nordisk NVO eighty rs of Novo.
Speaker 1: They took a hit.
Speaker 3: Today, such a bad day for this company. We did see shares falling by fifteen percent at the closing bell. That's the biggest drop since last July. The company said that sales will drop by five to thirteen percent. Pretty big range there this year as its weight loss drugs Ozembic and Wagovi face even tougher competition an als, we're expecting it to of about one point four percent, so of course this is a major gap that we're seeing also of course, the US government's push to cut drug prices is continuing. Toway on this company as well.
Speaker 1: I feel like how quickly that cycled JLP one where it was just on fire for how many years?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I felt like we talked AI and the JLP one drugs for two or three years straight and they were just on fire. And now it's a little bit of a reset, safe to say them both you mentioned in video. Do want to go there with you, Nora and talk a little bit about what Invidia did today? A little bit of a drag on the index?
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, we did see shares of Nvidia down by about two point eight percent today. As we were talking about just a bit ago, the Open AI really being unsatisfied with Nvidia's latest AI chips. We're really talking about alternatives that this company, Opening Eye has really been looking toward as we think about Invidia as a major player in this space. So we certainly are seeing a drag on Nvidia just pure AMD we were just talking about a short while ago. So we really got to keep an eye on the space.
Speaker 1: PayPal, let's go there, PayPal.
Speaker 3: Tick er pypl. We're seeing that the stock shod twenty percent, the worst stations twenty twenty two and the lowest levels is twenty seventeen. This is a new CEO announcement. We'll be getting a lot of announcements. We got Disney earlier. Also PayPal essentially a HP's CEO, Enrique Larez, will replace its CEO Alex Chris. Of course, his turnaround plan has really failed to meet expectations, and so we also see the company reporting fourth quarter profit and revenue that fell short of analyst expectations. But if take a look at the stock down about twenty nine percent so far this year. Wow, brutal.
Speaker 1: I know, usually with goh, you don't see a move like that. Yeah, is that really a big endorsement? Right, No, that's going to be an uphill battle the opposite.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the stock was down what thirty two percent last year, so it's you know, people want to see some different things.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app,