Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in Watch Driving the Great Episode two sixty four, our week three gambling show. Our picks kind of found their footing last week after a two and three week one, after far too many two and three weeks last year. Uh, we'll get it to those in about twenty minutes. Demanse's teasers are we might have to recalibrate the strategy a bit, and I'm here to help. And Demanse, I fear is by because I did take a sneak peek this week at the potential teaser you were thinking about, and I fear you're making a mistake far too many gamblers make. Which is it the teasers aren't going great? What if I just paid for more points? What if what was initially a six point teaser becomes a seven point teaser. Now we're to a seven and a half point teaser. There's just a lot of things. Well, it was right, I understand, but it was it though, I I I understand, But that maybe that means if you got to pay that much for that key number, maybe that's why there's other games you can pick. So again, it's you're your own man. It's it's your money, it's your teasers. But we are going to it this point, talk it through. We're just going to talk it through and I'm just gonna give you my two cents on it. So all that coming up in the Gambling Show. But first, what missed the cut? The one hundred and sixty seven nominees for the Pro Football Hall of Fame we're announced. That's too many to get into today. Obviously, you guys know how much I love the NFL or the Profooball Hall of Fame. We'll do that at some point, Jordan, love your guy Demanse back at practice. I don't think he's gonna play this week. The fact though, that it's even possible means he should be playing next week, which is great news for the Green Bay Packers, and Woes retires from media to be the GM at Saint Bonaventure. I'm gonna I have a very quick Woes story, which Demonse it involves you direct directly, but I don't even know if you know about it. So Adrian Wojanowski, I'm gonna I'll do this as quickly as I can. But this is my version of a little Woe's tribute, and I hope this gets back to him in some capacity. So right when I moved to Los Angeles, when I went to LA. So it's twenty sixteen and I'm in LA. My family's in Houston, kind of commuting back and forth. It's the NBA trade deadline, and I tweet out you something to the likes of The most diabolical move imaginable would be if Mark Stein or whomever the other newsbreakers were just tweeted Woge's cell phone number right now as a joke, like meaning it would ruin his ability to like break news for the day. It was just kind of a lark. I thought it was a funny idea of like, oh, you're gonna try to break news. What if I give a million people your cell phone number and cripple your phone on the most important day of your year. And it was a total joke that I thought everyone to understand. It was a joke. And Woades text me and was like, please take that down, and and I was like, oh, man, like he's was. He either didn't know I was joking or thought someone not Mark Stein, someone who had his number, might see that and be like, oh, that would be a good way to screw this guy. So I did, and I apologized and he was like oh no, no, no, he was very very kind. But that actually was a so maybe he DMed me, didn't text me because I didn't. We had never spoken before. I've never worked at Es, we've never spoken, but that interaction sparked a relationship. If you you will you know what I mean, texting, dming whatever. So a few months later, Demonse was determining whether or not post high school he was going to go play potentially like D two college basketball, junior college basketball, or prep school. And I knew that woj had a lot of connections in those worlds, and so I, having never met him, having never spoke to him on the phone, reached out was like, hey, here's the situation for my son. Here's his basically you know, huddle mixtape, here's you know, his resume, if you will, what are your thoughts? And he put me in contact immediately with two people from Northeast basketball prep schools that he thought potentially could would be a fit for you, would work for you, put me on a grex with someone vouching for me. Again, we never met, and that was for the people who did know who did I don't want to talk about him like he passed the people who know Wojes personally. It seems like there's a lot of anecdotes like that. And it was incredibly kind, and it was totally unnecessary, and it was for someone who the only reason he had a relationship with the me part of it was someone who had done something that kind of you know, that wasn't nice. Now, it wasn't intentionally mean, but it's not like I had ever done him a favor. I had done the opposite of a favor, and that allowed me to have his number and reach out to him, and then he did me a favor. So yeah, I don't even know what you know.
Speaker 3: I remember the workout if that's if that was the connection that he got me with. I remember working out with the guy in La some random Jim somewhere. Oh yeah, shadowt to it.
Speaker 2: So that was that was actually a different one than the workout you did. But yes, but it was that it was during that time, in that process and all of it, and so it was I mean, just great dude, and God bless him, man that insider breaking news. Life is a tough life. People roll their eyes in it. I think at times, like how you make millions of dollars? But I the as I've said before, and I'll say again, and then we'll get to football. I know this sounds callous or thoughtless, for how many people are actively their biggest struggle every day is financial related, and I have true empathy for that. But for folks once, Woj has been wealthy for a long time, has made a lot of money for a long time. So the amount of stress and time away from your family and all of it that the job takes. The money don't fix it, so to speak, as much as it would if someone who didn't you know what I mean, went from barely scraping bite all of a sudden getting money like the he's now I would imagine to a place in his life where any more money he makes he won't be spending. Like every dollar he makes moving forward, you know, is for you know, his family, for other people whatever. And so that is the holidays and dinners and everything. You're just connected to your phone. So God bless him man and going to Saint Bonaventure and being able to do something with his alma manter, that's a really cool thing and I'm super happy for him. Uh And so yeah, I mean and the NBA Breaking news space just lost the legend. So there's my woes piece demons. Let's now get to the football.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, So my Ravens have had their worst starts of the season since twenty fifteen. Unfortunately, no team has ever won a Super Bowl starting off three on. Only one team since two thousand has made the playoffs start in zher and three. Now, I don't play down six.
Speaker 2: Teams ever, and only six teams ever have made the playoffs starting zero to three, which is wild.
Speaker 3: Go ahead as a low percentage. And yeah, they got Dallas that are trying to bounce back off that loss to the Saints. Do you think this is the biggest the biggest game of the Ravens season this year?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, it's hard to see how they come back from this and if they were to lose, and I you look at the Ravens schedule, demon say, here's the problem for Baltimore, and here's why I think. In fact, I'm gonna look right now, I bet they are. I haven't looked at this. I bet they are underdogs to make the playoffs. I bet right, and forget when the super Bowl. I bet to make the playoffs. They're underdogs. Let me go on. Hold on playoff playoff odds. Baltimore, they're a slight favorite there. Yeah, you're They're minus one twenty five to make plus one zero four to miss. So a slight, slight favorite to make the playoffs. Here's the problem they have, to my eye, three just three layups remaining. They have a game, uh, they have a layup home against Washington, home against Denver, and at the Giants. Here is demons. The rest of their schedule non divisional games at Dallas home for Buffalo, at Tampa at the Chargers home for the Eagles, at Houston, plus six divisional games against the Brown, Steelers and Bengals. So four to fifteen games left, three layups, six tough divisional games, and then six brutal non divisional games. Man, we'll say it again, and they're rolling two exactly exactly. That's my point. And so if they lose to Dallas, I do think they're cooked. I don't think zero to three when you have that tough of a schedule remaining is recoverable. And I also think that they're right now are some real structural problems with the team. It their offensive line. They lost three starting offensive linemen in the offseason. That is showing up. I did you see the did we talk about or did did you see the Zay Flowers retweet?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, souse him not getting the ball enough or something in.
Speaker 2: The second half. Yeah, And he's not a big tweeter anyone who's they're not active on social media. And then decide, like I think he had tweeted twice in the last three weeks, decides to hit the old retweet button on a you know kind of I don't want to say shot at the team, but publicly voice your frustration. That's a little concerning to me, especially because I think Baltimore's best path demonse is against Dallas at the very least is run the damn ball, feed Derrick Henry, play bully ball, those things, and defensively right now they're having a real adjustment period in Zach Orr taking over for Mike McDonald. So I do think Baltimore is in real trouble and Baltimore my ever. We were talking about it before the year and I said it would be Philly. Now maybe Philly could still be on that list, but maybe there'll be more than one. But I said when we were when we were doing our preseason picks that every year, man, we always talk about the team that shocks us in a positive way, who's going to be this year's Texans, that go from nobody thinks they can be any good to where they are. But the flip side of that coint is almost every year there's an opposite one of those as well, a team that everyone has penciled in for eleven twelve wins that falls apart. And I wonder if all of a sudden that could be Baltimore, And I wonder how badly that blowing a ten point lately to the Raiders is going to haunt them, all right, go ahead, and what else?
Speaker 3: We can be the team that I think they can be. They'll get back in it. I mean, and they're ower and two. They kind of could be one on one. They play the Chiefs in the first week, so that's that's something there.
Speaker 2: Well, they could be. Here's the thing, they could be two and zero. They they could have stolen the game from the Chiefs and they should have beaten the Raiders. So that's the I my analysis of this. Yes, I said they have some structural issues, but it's less based on the quality of team I think they are and more based on how hard, how big of a hole they've dug themselves only two weeks in. But go ahead.
Speaker 3: On the Cowboys side of it, They've got a tough stretch of games coming up with Detroit, San Francisco, Atlanta, Philly, and Houston. So how badly do the Cowboys need this win?
Speaker 2: Not as badly as that makes it sound, because they they when we were talking Baltimore, all six of their divisional games are tough. The Cowboys, I thinker the softest division in the league. The Giants are barely a professional team. Washington has major problems defensively and is starting a rookie quarterback, and you guys know that I think Philly is I'm gonna go ahead and say it mid. I've decided I like mid as a phrase I used to make fun, but I like it. I like it. I do say it a lot. So you've got those games. You also have a Panthers game still on your schedule, and you've got this at the Steelers. Not easy, but point being, I just think the Cowboys schedule is so much more advantageous, and I think you might be able to win the damn NFC East with nine wins. If I'm right about Philly, nine wins could win you the division. So it is. It's a weird spot where I think Baltimore and Dallas are similar quality of team. Maybe Baltimore is a little bit better, if you know, on a neutral field, all things considered, But I just think Dallas's path is so much easier. All right, let's do one more Ravens question here about Harbaugh.
Speaker 3: Uh. Yes, the Ravens fans are calling for Harball's job. Who do you think would be a better option for head coach of the Ravens?
Speaker 2: All right, So, I gotta tell you my nightmare, and I don't think it's likely, but here's my nightmare scenario. My nightmare scenario is that the Ravens truly do have a season from hell like five and twelve and something, because it was If they just have a mediocre year, Harbaugh, they're not gonna fire the coach. But if it's truly season from hell and it feels like we need to shake the snow globe, maybe they would. And I think hiring John Harball would be a mistake for them, unless it's to hire Bill Belichick. That's my net. They've as my quest for the Chiefs to become the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Lamar Jackson getting Bill Belichick to be his head coach is not something that I want on my Bengo card. So I like I will if the Ravens start truly spiraling, which again I'm not predicting, but if they do, you're gonna find your old buddy Nick Wright starting to root really hard for the Ravens to I I just I don't want Bill Belichick to coach the Buffalo Bills or the Baltimore Ravens. Go anywhere else you want Bill anywhere else. I already have to deal.
Speaker 3: With Jim Harba so different. Like I feel like Tom Brady is very different from Lamar Jackson. Oh, it's not about very different.
Speaker 2: I think. Yeah, I don't think he'd be coaching up No, no, no, that's not what it is. I don't think he would be coaching the quarterbacks. I just think if if you paired one of those quarterbacks with Belichick's defense, Belichick's game management, Belichick's organizational strategy, now you're now you're really a threat, and so that that's what it is. It's it's just it's I don't think he would There's much he would do on the offensive side of the ball with the quarterback Josh or Lamar. I just don't want those two. Those two quarterbacks are so uniquely talented and uniquely dangerous that if you paired them with the greatest defense of mine in NFL history, that's not great for the You know, the Chiefs are going to be trying to four peat next year. I don't want Belichick and Lamar standing in the way next Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the Falcons are riding high after that Monday night football win against the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Mahomes is coming off of what you might say is his worst game of his career. How do you expect mahomes response has done?
Speaker 2: I think that the Chiefs offense is gonna hum this weekend, I do. I think that the Chiefs finally have a moment to breathe after two games that were the other team's super Bowls and now they get an Atlanta team that is coming off a season saving emotional win, and whether they will admit it or not, they know in the back of their head, Okay, we can lose this game. We're playing the Chiefs. It's all right, Like we got that win over Philly, and I just think that's human nature. They are also on slightly short rest, and then there's this demon day. Patrick Mahomes has played ten games in his career in a dome. What do you think his record is in those ten games.
Speaker 3: I'll give them.
Speaker 2: Ten and oh would be correct. Twenty three touchdowns, two picks, three hundred and fourteen passing yards per game, a one oh five rating in retractable roof stadiums, so controlled climate, he's three and one ten touchdowns, one pick with a one sixteen rating. So in non outdoor games, Mahomes in his career is thirteen and one with thirty three touchdowns, three picks, a one ten rating, and three hundred yards per game and seventy percent completions. So I, and you're gonna have Xavier Worthy on that fast track and I love Arrowhead, but it's not you know, it's not necessarily a speed field you have. Mahomes also sneaky historically a better road quarterback than home quarterback. At home, he has a ninety nine rating, one hundred and three touchdowns thirty three picks on the road, a one toh eight rating, one hundred and nineteen touchdowns thirty three picks. Uh. Crazy, insanely his home road record, I didn't realize this. He's played forty nine home games forty nine road games. Dude, is thirty eight and eleven at home, thirty eight and eleven on the road. That's remarkable. And so again these are all just regular season numbers. Obviously, he's undefeated in his career on the road in the playoffs. Uh, And so I, so I think the Chiefs offense against a all you have to do is a boy Jesse Bates.
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead. Do you think it'll be a big week for Travis kelce He's come out and said that his slow start is on him.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, here's my working theory on Travis kelce I think Travis Kelcey has approximately six on the low end, ten on the high end, so we'll call it eight excellent games left in his body, and he is going to judiciously use them as needed. And I that if I don't know, if he only wants to play, if he wants this to be his last season, then I think he could still have an excellent season if he wants to fire all those bullets, If he wants to play two more years, then I think we're gonna see a lot of games like we've seen early in the year, where Travis is just out there and I just the This is where I remind people that Travis Kelcey, uh is he turns thirty five years old in two weeks. And Rob Gronkowski, who again has been retired for a couple of years, and that was after he retired the first time is thirty is thirty five years old. Rob Gronkowski is four is five months five months older than Rob Grenk. I'm sorry, yeah, Travis kelce is five months younger than Rob Gronkowski five months. Gronk retired for the first time in twenty nineteen, came back, played two years, and has been retired three more years. So I just think, no, no, no, no, that's not what I was trying to do. What you don't have to blow out someone else's candle to make yours shine brighter. I'm not taking a shot at Gronk at all, especially because, as I told you guys last week, I'm be playing poke with Gronk in Vegas in November at the Big Game on Tour with my friends at Poker Stars in the North American Poker Tour. I Uh, the point I'm making is it's trying to put in context how old Kelsey is. He and Gronk are the same age. Gronk first retired six seasons ago, came back, and then retired for good three seasons ago. So I don't So, I don't think you're going to have week to week dominant Travis Kelcey anymore. I think he is going to have dominant stretches and dominant games, But I also think he only has so many of those left. H All right, let's uh go ahead.
Speaker 3: You think you think Gronk gets gets in the Hall of Fame before Kelsey retires, or does Kelsey retire before Gronk gets in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 2: No, because I think because Gronk go get in the Hall of Fame. Wait no, I said that backwards. I think Kelsey will retire before Gronk gets in the Hall of Fame. This is Gronk's third year retiring, so he's got to wait two more years. I think it could be the same time essentially. But yeah, so I don't. I think I think Kelsey is planning on playing two more seasons, That's my guess. I think he's planning on playing this season one more, which is one of the reasons he has to be so kind of judicious. I also this is where I folks can roll their eyes, but I believe this. I also think when we talk about oh is Taylor Swift is the relationship of distraction those things, I don't think people think about it in the proper terms. A week ago, week and a half ago, Taylor Swift buy Ins and Kamala Harris all of a sudden got really thrust into our heinous political vortex in a way she hadn't previously experienced. You had Elon Musk saying he'll impregnate her. You have people just all this nasty ship and I think when people deal with that, they go to their closest loved ones to confide in, to talk to for support. And do I think that Do I think that leading into the Bengals game, there was a lot of Travis's time and energy that was spent in trying to, you know, help if you will, and deal with the fallout that his girlfriend was dealing with. I do I think that's I think that's human nature. I think you would be crazy to act like that doesn't affect people. And so I do look at that as a piece of it, and I think that's just totally reasonable. I think there are and the fact that Travis, like how much was Travis dealing with the fact there were those fake tweet like somebody made a fake tweet that he threatened to beat up Elon Musk. Then he's got to deal with that, Like there's just a bunch of stuff that he was thrust into last week that I think he was dealing with. And he's super old, and so yeah, I just don't think he's going to be weak to weak great, but I still think he's the most valuable playoff weapon in football.
Speaker 3: Next, Okay, a few unlikely teams are emerging earlier this season, but who can turn their hype into actual beliefs? And so you got the Bucks here, the Cardinals, the Seahawks, Chargers, and the Saints. All these teams came into the end of the season as underdogs to make the playoffs. By the way, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so I picked the Chargers and Bucks to make the playoffs for the year. Think they're both positioned very well. I do worry about the Bucks defensive injuries the Chargers. I don't want to overrate what the Chargers have done beating the Raiders and the Panthers, but I don't want to underrat it either that they've won those games without Herbert having to do anything. I think the Seahawks are good, but in a very tough division that's tougher now because of the Cardinals. The Cardinals' offense feels very real, their defense feels incredibly beatable. And the one that I believe in the least is the one that everyone else in the media is getting duped by, and that's the Saints. I just guys, if you've been watching football the last half decade, you know that occasionally Derek Carr goes on these types of heaters, and then he instantly goes back to being Derek Carr. Like, it is surprising to me that folks are going to be duped by the Derek Carr early season heater. We can go back. He has looked pretty good. I'm not denying that, but we have seen this from him before, and then he comes back to being who he's always been, which is just fine. In twenty seventeen, Cars started the year off on one of these heaters, not to this level, but eleven touchdowns, four picks, a ninety six rating, and then he went back to and and by the way that year, the first two weeks of twenty seventeen five touchdowns a one twenty six rating, the rest of the year after that five touchdowns, one twenty six rating, the first two weeks, the rest of the year seventeen touchdowns, thirteen picks in eighty one rating. Did he do that again later in his career, well, in twenty nineteen he started the heater lasted I'm looking at it. The first half of the season, really first half of the year. Car thirteen touchdowns, four picks, a one ozho five rating. The rest of the season for Derek Carr, he wasn't bad, but it was eight touchdowns, four picks, a ninety seven rating. We can give you another example of it. He started twenty twenty. First five weeks for Derek Carr in twenty twenty a one sixteen rating, eleven touchdowns, one interception, again one sixteen rating, eleven touchdowns, one pick. The rest of the year sixteen touchdowns, eight picks, a ninety four rating. He does these early season, ah man, this is the year he's put it all together. He's done that before. And it should be no noted that in Week two against Dallas, he threw the ball sixteen times. That was an Alvin Kamara game. Now, he played great, but that was an Alvin Kamara game. And so I I just don't believe in the Saints. I don't believe in their coach. I don't believe in them. I know everyone else does. I'm not one of the everyone else. All Right. The last thing I wanted to talk about was the CJ streil Stroud Caleb Williams postgame interaction demons, and then CJ addressed it yesterday. So I so I sat on TV yesterday that I thought, so if people didn't see it after the game, you know, the quarterbacks do handshakes. But then CJ tried to give Caleb some advice. Caleb wasn't really trying to hear it. And then CJ's like, come here, come here, and this is the this is the quote, stop taking those hits, learn from those mistakes, and everything you got, bro, was already in you. Okay, So a couple things. One is Wild's pointed this out, and it is true. It is not that common that in those postgame moments there is referencing to things the other guy did poorly. It is usually hope to see you later in the year, stay healthy, you know, get that type of stuff. That is a little odd. But here is the part that I totally understood Caleb not wanting to hear it. You know how old Caleb Williams is. He's twenty two. He turns twenty three in a few weeks. You know how old CJ Stroud is. He's twenty two, he turns twenty three in a few weeks. You're not big, bro. And now CJ came out and said, that's not what he was trying to do. I believe it. I do believe him that that wasn't intentional, but that's how Caleb took it, and that's how I would have taken it. I don't want when I look at us as peers. These two guys were in college at the same time, both nominated for the Heisman, both on the days together, and Caleb won the award. Caleb looks at you as his peer, and no doubt about it, thinks I'm better than you. Now you can say that's crazy, that's not what it is. But when they played in college together, he was better than him. And now Caleb obviously has had a very rough opening couple games of his career. This isn't Tom Brady the Lamar Jackson. This is not a let me put my arm around you and tell you all the wise lessons I've learned. Even if that's what CJ was trying. I think CJ's heart was in the right place, but I don't want me personally. You can say I'm wrong for this. I don't want advice in those types of moments from people that I'm competing with after I have failed, that are my exact age relative experience, my cut, my contemporary, and I think most people understand that if I am going to compete with you and lose and then hear a lesson, you need to be a generation older than me. Flatly, like, it would have been weird if after the Thunder played the Spurs this year, if Chet had a good game and Wimby struggled. If Chet was like, Cam, here, young fella, let me let me, you know, let me give you some pointers. Like that's not I I just it would. It would bother me. So people are mad at Caleb for his body language about it.
Speaker 3: I I would sucks, dude, You're blessed you, thank god you got a decent on line. Huh.
Speaker 2: Well, but also do you understand? But do you understand what I'm saying? Demons about that? I think I listen, and maybe Caleb would have had that reaction no matter what. But I would have been more bothered by Caleb reacting that way if it were Matt Stafford trying to talk to him. A guy, you know what I mean, A guy who has looked up to a guy who's way older, a guy who has you know, a Super Bowl ring those things. Then it's like, all right, listen to him, even if you're frustrated. When it's a guy that again, you guys are the exact same age. It just felt so so in the moment, I thought maybe CJ was doing it on purpose, like I'm I'm making clear I'm kind of the alpha of these young quarterbacks. I listened to CJ as president for Jesterraight. I believe him. He was not trying to do that. I believe him he was being and trying to be helpful. But I also do not blame at all Kleb for not wanting anything to do with it. I just I totally understand that. All Right, we do our gambling show, and I try to talk to Monday out of a bad teaser. Next What's Right? All right, welcome back in What's Right with Nick? Right time for the Week three gambling show. You know, I'm a little bummed. I thought I went three and two last week, initially because what the Bears game. When I picked it on TV it was six and a half. But I forgot when I picked it on Thursday it was just six. So that ended up being a push. But we can show what I did last week two two and one. Bill's plus two and a half at Miami. That was as good as I thought it was gonna be, and that's pre to a getting hurt. They were running away with the game. Coles minus three at green Bay. All the trends said that was a square bet, that green Bay home dog the floor, all of it. I couldn't get over the Milik Willis factor. I was wrong. It was bad bet by me. Everything said stay away from it. I and you know what, good for Milik Willis guy En. It's not like he played great, but God bless him and he seems like great kid and he didn't hurt his team, so good for him. Seattle minus three and a half at New England. I had an opportunity there Demonsey to get Week one, I had a dog that went to overtime getting four and a half, and I didn't cover in the Rams Lions. Week two, I had an opportunity to kind of even that by having a favorite that could then cover in overtime, but instead they just win by three. The hook gets me, So I lose that. Bears plus six at Houston. Admittedly a little lucky the Bears. I were outplayed, it felt in that game by more than six points. But I'll take the cover and Atlanta plus six and a half at Philly. I told you guys, I liked them to win outright, And even if they hadn't executed that final drive, thanks to Siriani play calling at the end and and kicking that field goal, that cover was basically locked in the moment they sent the field goal team on up three with a minute forty left. All right, so we're two to two and one. Last week four five and one for the season. It was still on this five and o droute that we've been on for quite some time. But I'm feeling it this week. Pal, it just go. It smells. I mean, not in a while, it's been it's been quite some time. It's been sad I think the last time we went five and oh, you were sitting next to me. Sadly, I don't think. I don't think we've gone five and oh since you have been in Los Ange list which is far too long, but it is what it is, all right. What's the first pick of the week.
Speaker 3: First off, we got Philly plus two and a half at New Orleans, So.
Speaker 2: You guys might be surprised by this. You guys know, I don't believe in Philadelphia, and now I'm taking and how bad their defense is. But this, in my opinion, is such a drastic overreaction the look aheadline of this demanse. A week ago, this was Philly minus three, and now I'm getting two and a half points. I think Philly has real structural issues that can prevent them from being a championship team, from potentially making the playoffs. I also think getting two and a half points when they have to be furious about how last week went and New Orleans riding a little too high, that's just an opportunity that I can't pass up. It looked like you wanted to say something so good.
Speaker 3: I was shocked that New Orleans is favorite here too. But uh yeah, if they go and play Philly and they win, I do think it's I know you think their defense is bad, but I think it'll be close to starting to take them a little serious. I know that week five can't the Chiefs, but yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, I agree, yes, they if they go, if they beat Philadelphia this week, then I have to reevaluate a bit, you know what I mean my skepticism of them, But I don't think they will. By the way, Carr is a favorite twenty two thirty seven and two against the spread and basically since Drew in late Drew Brees era into now New Orleans is one of the worst home team's fourth worst home team against the spread from twenty eighteen to now. Now Hurts is one and eight against the spread and last nine starts, which speaks to how overvalued Philly has been. But I think now we've gone too far in the other direction. Getting two and a half points in New Orleans all take the Philadelphia Eagles next.
Speaker 3: Chicago plus one and a half at Indy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Chicago's better than Indy. I think Indy's defense is the exact type of defense you want to be up against for Caleb to get right. They couldn't, you know, the Everyone knew that the Packers were just going to try to run the football against them. Gus Bradley's defense couldn't stop them from doing that. They lost to Forrest Buckner. I feel like the Bears can just run the ball. I also think the Bears defense can give Anthony Richardson a lot of trouble. I think the Bears win this game outright. The Chicago is six to and one against spreading last nine games. That's not I mean, that's, in my opinion, not super relevant because obviously it's crossed his seasons and quarterbacks. But I think they are a little undervalued by vague. I just think they're flatly better than Indy by more than a field goal. And I'm getting points, so I love Chicago plus a point and a half go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone who's betting football for about a year, they're asking if I've got an advice, advice for Caleb to cover the spread, just.
Speaker 2: Win the game. And also, and also Caleb. The other thing is this, he he doesn't have to be great in this game for them to win. He needs to be better. And I thought he was better in Week two than Week one. Again, incredibly low bar. I understand that, but I still I think that it is Caleb is early enough in his career two games in to still wait. Your priors of him as a prospect and what he looked like in college far heavier than then you wait these two games. Now, if you're worried about the Bears offensive line, that's totally legitimate. If you're worried about Caleb not throwing any downfield to any success er, for eleven on targets more than fifteen yards down the field with a couple of picks. That's fair. I just don't think that he has to be great for them to win this game. I think the defense is exceptional. I'll take the Bears plus a point and a half.
Speaker 3: Next, got Seattle minus four and a half versus Miami.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this is the longest flight in football, Miami to Seattle. You know that's relevant to me. It's Skyler Thompson starting a game and a week that. Now. I understand Miami is on extra rest, but I just think Mike McDonald's defense with Seattle is going to give Skyler Thompson absolute fits.
Speaker 3: And jump in and say that teams end up in these situations where they have a backup quarterback coming in and like they got a funny name or you're just not aware of them. They I feel like nine times out of ten they come in and they prove you're wrong in the end them covering that spread. I feel like this happened with Tyson Badget at one point. Maybe he's right about that. Can happened point back in the.
Speaker 2: Day, I don't know, but it happened with Malik Willis's these are all These are all true. What's also true is I've seen Skyler Thompson play, and I know I've said this before, but he's played with these Dolphins with these weapons and has not had success. You're now on the road in one of the hardest environments playing in the entire league, on the against a team with a blitz happy, hungry defense. I think Seattle will score a defensive or special teams touchdown. I you know, I'm laying four and a half in a game where they were two point dogs before Twua got hurt, So that is a six and a half point line movement. But I think Gino can carve up this Miami defense, and I think Seattle can do real damage to Skyler Thompson. So I like Seattle minus the four and a half.
Speaker 3: Next, Uh, you got Dallas plus one versus Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I think the producers thought I was picking Baltimore because they put good, good, good for these three notes. But they're all bad for my bet because it's that Lamar's five and two on the road after a loss. Lamar is twenty and one straight up against the NFC. These are all reasons not to pick the Cowboys. I I understand all of that. This is purely that I just think this is miss priced and I understand that it is only a point and that really it's basically a pickham. Who do you think is gonna win? Fact of the matter is this, The Dallas Cowboys should not be home underdogs to anyone except for the chiefs of the Niners. That's it. They are a good team, that is his, that is great at home this week this past week notwithstanding, they should and the Ravens have real issues. So I do like Dallas this week. I do think Baltimore falls to zero to three. I do think Dallas is the same way that Rashi Rice carved up the raven secondary and DeVante Adams carved up the raven secondary. Ceedee, Lamb's better than both of those guys. I think he'll be able to carve up the Ravens secondary. And I don't know if Baltimore is going to stay as committed to the run as they should against a Cowboys team that that's their biggest weakness. So I know that this is one that you disagree with me on demand's but Dallas getting points at home is an opportunity I just can't pass up even though it's just one point one and a half in some places, I'll take Dallas plus the one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never pass up opportunity to lose some money. Next, you got Kansas City. You got Kansas City minus three and a half at Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this line should be six and a half. I think that Mahomes in a dome. We already went over the numbers. The Falcons a bit of an emotional letdown spot and they're on shorter rest. And as far as the Chiefs putting up big points against this defense, you gotta avoid Jesse Bates. I understand that I'm not worried about their pass rush. The Chiefs have offensive line issues, but I'm not worried about Atlanta's pass rush. Isaiah Pacheco's injury might actually be beneficial for the Chiefs this week, purely because it will force the Chiefs to be in a drop back passing game with an angry Mahomes. Because Mahomes is got furious with how he played this past week. So I think this could be a huge bounce back spot for Kansas City. I think Kan City's defense Chris Jones Fouctless Falcons have a good to very good at times offensive line. I understand that. But at Cousins, even though he looks sharper later in that Philly game, does not want to get hit, and you know he's not fully comfortable that Achilles yet. I think Chris Jones can wreak real havoc. I think Trent McDuffie can fully erase Drake London if necessary. Jean's a great player. But this feels like the first thirty point game of the season for the Chiefs and something along the lines of a thirty to twenty victory. So I'll lay the three and a half with Kansas City, and I just think this should be a six and a half point line, and the Chiefs are gonna be able to move the ball through the air. And so that's where I'm going. What's the bonus question, Demanse.
Speaker 3: Dogs of six plus points are eight to no against the spread this season. Why are you not interested in betting on that? Betting in that trend.
Speaker 2: I don't really bet trends, and I also think that will correct itself at some point. And so, and there were no there were no the big dogs this weekend. Let me just go through them quickly. The Patriots are six and a half point dogs tonight. The Giants are six and a half point dogs at Cleveland. The Broncos are six and a half point dogs at Tampa and so and San fran. The Rams are seven point dogs at home against the Niners. The Rams injuries are just so concerning. But the other dogs, we're talking Jacoby Brissette, Daniel Jones and Bo Nicks and so. No, I'm just not interested in betting on any of those, which does Demand's bring us to your teaser which last week Dallas killed you on, which is unfortunate. Yeah, Dampa plus fourteen and a half they won outright. Uh so you do, obviously whatever you want to do. But I am here is what I would say. I think there are four teaser legs available to you that make a tremendous amount of sense that I will just try to soft sell you on. The first one is the Thursday night game with the Jets just needing to be the Patriots. You guys know, I don't believe in the Jets, but they are at home on a short week against Jacoby Brissett. Their six point favorites or six and a half point favorites you basically get you get them down to a pick, and again a six point teaser. You'll only pay minus one twenty on a two teamer. Another one that I would think about Tampa Bay against bone Knicks. Tampa's secondary is all banged up, but Bone Nicks can't throw the ball more than five yards downfield. Evidently you can get them down to a pick. And then in the other direction, the Chargers are point and a half dogs. You can get them plus seven and a half against Justin Fields and the Steelers. A Steelers team that absolutely can win that game, but that is going to be a fast game. Both teams just want to run, run, run. You're getting more than a touchdown. And then last Philly getting eight and a half. You know what, let me take that one out. I don't think Philly's gonna get blown out by the Saints, but it's on the board that that Saints offense against the Philly back end.
Speaker 3: It's funny because Philly was a team that I thought of putting in there, but I had to leave it as a stay away because the Saints have improved otherwise and they lit up Dallas' defense, and I gotta assume Dallas' defense is a little bit better than the Eagles.
Speaker 2: That's fair. So you have those, so but those the other three, if you were to pick two of them, you're laying minus one twenty. I'm I'm just throwing that out there now. I don't know if this changes your mind or feelings or opinion on anything, or if you want to go with the teaser you have in the dock, but it is now the.
Speaker 3: Fourth floor, now out of the floor, all right, yes, yeah, so uh yeah, So I'm not going to let your disbelief in the Ravens get to my head. I'm sticking with this teaser because if I go astray of this teaser and it doesn't hit, I'm gonna be really upset myself. You're the same person that said the last teasers were good that fail. I appreciate you looking out for me, Pops, but hey, it's a two team, seven and a half point teaser. It was a half point. It's not like I had to go up to nine and it got me to what was it, fourteen instead of the thirty and a half.
Speaker 2: But you are six playing minus one sixty minus one sixty. Now you're laying But go ahead, So.
Speaker 3: We got a two teams seven and a half point teaser at minus one sixty three. We're teased in New England from plus seven to plus fourteen, and we've got the Jets versus Baltimore. I mean not the Jets. We've got Baltimore versus Dallas from plus six to minus one.
Speaker 2: Probably no, no, no, the other way around. You've got the plus Timore from.
Speaker 3: Hold on, wait, like minus one and a half, minus one.
Speaker 2: From minus one and a half to plus six, that's right, and the Patriots from plus six and a half is plus fourteen. Okay, so my teaser great as an f you're teasing across the zero. You're not getting the key number with Baltimore you're getting You're not getting seven. You're not even getting fourteen and a half. I hope you win. I would love for the Patriots to win out right this week. And I can be right about the Cowboys and your teaser can hit. Maybe this is the key. Maybe your teasers previously have been too sharp, Maybe you need to do these, but you are laying minus one sixty. I just and again, the goal, if the goal is to win money, I just want to point out minus one sixty is I'm trying to find a money line that's the equivalent of that. This week is you're laying minus one sixty three the Chiefs to beat the Falcons, not cover, just win the game is minus one seventy. So if you're into laying that type of juice, you could just pick you know, the Chiefs on the money line. But it's fine. This is your teaser, this is what you want to do. And I hope that we can play this back next Thursday. And I'm doubting you like a fool. I truly truly hope that. All right. What's the offer for this week?
Speaker 3: So you've been anti Aaron Rodgers for years now, so time to put your money where your mouth is. The Jets are on a short weekend, are facing a solid Patriots defense that will likely see a lot of time on the field. This week's offer is Aaron Rodgers over over a half interception plus one oh five or point five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm not gonna take that offer. The I just think the Jets are gonna are gonna handle the Patriots with relative ease tonight. I think that I don't think we were wrong about the Patriots being one of the worst teams in football. I understand that they won Week one and they played a tough Week two game. I'm good with my previous thoughts on the Patriots, and I'm not getting good enough juice on that. So apologies for not taking the offer for a third straight week, but I'm not going to take that offer. We have another thing they want to bring to me, so go ahead. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the Teasers obviously had a rough start, as we discussed a few minutes ago, so I've turned to the mystic arts to find wins in other places. That's right, I've enlisted in the help of the Touchdown Genie and that will be you.
Speaker 2: Okay. Unlike touchdown Genie, I like that, yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, wait what is that face? Unlike normal genies, he doesn't have elaborate rules. He just gives out any touchdown anytime. Touchdown scores. So what do you have for this week? A few options for you. You got Garrett Wilson at plus one, fort Devontae Smith plus hundred. Oh yeah, but yeah, those are a couple. Chris Olave plus.
Speaker 2: One, yeah, yeah, you don't have to read them all. I like this week. If I were to get if I were to pick one, let me see if I can find what is Rashi Rice. Can the producers tell me that I would like to know Rashi Rice for any time? Let me see, Oh that's Patriots jet So that's unhelpful for me.
Speaker 3: I the.
Speaker 2: Rashi Rice plus one thirty is the anytime touchdown that I will that I would bet I like Rashi Rice at plus one thirty for anytime touchdown. Again, I'm not actually betting that, but if I were to pick one, that's the one that I would go with. So picks from the week. Here's what we've got. Trying to get above five hundred Philly plus two and a half at New Orleans, Chicago plus one and a half at Indy, Seattle minus four and a half against Miami, Dallas plus one against Baltimore, and can't City minus three and a half at Atlanta. Answer some listener questions next, What's right? All right? Welcome back in What's Dry with Nick Right Demonie, Let's answer a few listener questions.
Speaker 3: Uh, Trey Jenkins, it takes a certain level of maturity to take some advice from someone your own age or younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking about strout, Sure, I understand I if they are I'm not saying you shouldn't take advice from some of your own age or younger. I'm saying no one would want to hear advice from someone their own age or younger right after you competed against them and lost. I'm not saying you can't have someone your age at work who works with you give you, you know, pointers on things. I am saying if someone your age at work and you were both in a pitch meeting and gave competing pitches and the other guy won, and then when you're walking out of the meeting, he's like, hey, here's what you could do better, you might be a little annoyed. That's what they yes you. The cauldron of competition is a key piece of that.
Speaker 3: Next, mister Brownstone, how about Kyle Pitts. Anytime touchdown score, Chiefs abysmal against tight ends thus far this year.
Speaker 2: Listen, the Chiefs have been offul against tight ends, but Kyle Pitts at this point, we might have to give up the ghost. I just don't know if Kyle Pitts is ever going to be the player we saw him be at Florida.
Speaker 3: All right, Next one, Brendan McDonald, what are your thoughts on the World Series of Poker Computer rally controversy.
Speaker 2: Rail controversy, you know, my yeah, the I mean, I don't think anyone did anything wrong given the rules and how they were enforced, But in my opinion, they're should be no coaching from the rail not and that's not just guys using solvers on their laptops that are on the rail. I'm talking about coaching entirely. I the I think that during the final table of a poker tournament, if they want it to be like you know that, I think the fairest way to do it is on breaks, actual tournament breaks, you can go consult with your team and coaches or whatever. But during the flow of play, having consulting with coaches, whether they're using solvers or not. I understand for the non poker community this makes no sense, but I think, uh, I don't like it. So again, I don't think anyone did anything wrong. I just personally would change the rules. That's that's my answer there, all right, last one to Monday.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, good morning, seven forty five am. Lakers fan here, Nick, Are we cooked?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably? Yeah. The answer to that is probably yeah. I mean it's a shame, but and I'm not ready to talk NBA yet, but the answer that is yeah, probably cooked and not as cooked like, oh, won't make the playoffs, but wasting you know, the opportunity to have a championship contender when you have Lebron and Ad. Yeah, probably cooked on that front. All right, everybody, good luck on your bets this week, and I'll see you guys on TV in a few hours. What's right? Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget. We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get demands another plaque, so like, subscribe rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,