Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington welcomes Ginger Billy May Night through the eleventh, then from White Famous, catch Jay Farroh ME sixteenth and seventeenth, and don't miss Rocky Dan Davis ME twenty third and twenty fourth. Comedy Off Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty eight years later. Call eight five nine two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Up Broadway dot com com Bay.
Speaker 2: This is Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: Welcome everyone.
Speaker 4: It is Kentucky Sports Radio Monday, May twelfth. There'll be a full moon tonight. Yeah, maybe everywhere, certainly here in Kentucky. You give us a show on the Clark's Puppyshop phone line that is eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 3: I am along with Shannon manning the phones here.
Speaker 4: The Avision Auto Glass text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. This is sponsored by the TJ's Middle Office. You call TJ, I'll make them pay you. It was Mother's Day yesterday and I went and saw my mother in Berea. We went to the Boone Tavern. Nice in Berea. Got to eat uh spoon bread, spoon bread. Yeah, I like spoon bread.
Speaker 3: It's good. They have.
Speaker 4: You know when when I was a kid, go to the Boone Tavern because my parents really like it. They had a lot of old food. Now it's like regular food, but they have two old things, like a hot brown and they have like a real hot bread, yes they do. And then they have something called like chicken in a bread, chicken in a basket or something like that, which is just chicken with like sticks with sticks. Well it's not I mean it's sticks like from the yard. No, it's like fried things. Anyway, I ordered it and it's really good. The fried things work well within the mashed potatoes and green beans.
Speaker 3: It's like you're.
Speaker 4: Eating old old school food. And then the spoon bread, which is hard to describe to people they never had it. It's like corn bread, but it's mushy kind of which doesn't sound like it'd be good, but it's really good, really good, And it was nice to be in Boone Tavern. You're going back in time, although they're changing the name of the restaurant apparently to Crafted at Boone Tavern, which I don't know what that's supposed to. Do you think more people gonna be like, well, it's crafted, little little rebrand. I think it's worked for so many years. I feel like it's worked. I like it. They were churning butter, they were doing all the things they do at Boone Tavern. And that was my mother's Day.
Speaker 5: Sound like a fun when I'm celebrating with my mother. Tonight, we're more Monday people.
Speaker 3: Monday's cheaper?
Speaker 5: Well actually, yeah, well honestly, I couldn't get a Carson's reservation on Sundays because she's big Carsons fans.
Speaker 3: How about Monday cheaper.
Speaker 4: It's like buying the Easter candy Shannon right after Easter things it goes on sale.
Speaker 2: Time's Day is perfect on the fifteenth of February.
Speaker 4: That's right, Drew loves you, but at a thirty percent disco. Everyone else's Mom's good yesterday. I'm just making today all about her. I understand, well, but it was good. A fun week in Ryan on Saturday, nothing to do. You know, I don't get a lot of it because I do yes on Sundays I don't get a lot of days with nothing to do. Didn't even really have anything on my mind. You know, I got trivia tomorrow night, but I got today and tomorrow right to show you. So it was all this is just gonna be uh enjoyment. The Canes were playing. I was nervous about that, but got up decided, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm gonna do today. I'm gonna walk to Skyline.
Speaker 6: From your house in Lexington.
Speaker 4: Yes, so from just think about it, from Rupp Arena to Skyline out in Richmond.
Speaker 3: Road with a detour to the sauna on next to campus.
Speaker 2: Did you go to the sauna first?
Speaker 3: I hope so, yes, don't take your post Skylar.
Speaker 4: A hot gas and whoa, yeah I went. I went to the sign of first, but that made me very sweaty for the rest of the walk. Yeah, there is, That's the correct order it ended up. You know, when you walk out out on Richmond Road, you know they don't have sidewalks. We've talked about this before. Don't have sidewalks, so you have to kind of do a little adventure walking there from the Shriners, which is not called the Shriners anymore.
Speaker 3: Now, do you know it's called like easter.
Speaker 5: Sea craft at the Shiners Shiners.
Speaker 4: But went out there and then walk back saw you know, people honked at me hello, Like I felt like I was the KSR. People were just kind of honking as I was walking down the road as they were probably like, why is this man six' three with a hoodie on walking Down Richmond? Road BUT i, did and it was a wonderful. Day good exercise to get all The shriners. Out they excuse, me the skyline. OUT i don't need to get The shriners. Out, uh that's. Okay that's a good example between you and. ME i have A saturday with nothing to. DO i sleep, in take naps all, day don't do a. Thing you go on a six mile walk to skyline them.
Speaker 3: BACK i think it was more like. Eight was it that?
Speaker 4: LONG i think when you consider the detour by campus and, STUFF i think it.
Speaker 3: WAS i THINK i got myst you, know.
Speaker 5: It's gotta be three or four each. Way i'm with, you that's more like an eight.
Speaker 3: Mile it's more like an eight mile.
Speaker 4: Walk and you walk by and you know all those houses on Uh fontain on the way out, there And Richmond road on the way.
Speaker 3: Back you kind of get to see how the other half.
Speaker 5: Lives you see anyone pushing a dog and a stroller Down Richmond.
Speaker 4: Road it's interesting to look at some of those houses you go. Under, okay who lives back? There there's a. HOUSE i don't want to say which one BECAUSE i don't want To there's a house Of Richmond road, that in theory you would think be a, mansion AND i guess somebody just kind of let it.
Speaker 3: Dilapidate do you know What i'm talking?
Speaker 7: About?
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah and it looks like it should be, amazing and it seems like they're fixing it up because there Was i'd be fascinating to see what that's gonna look, like because not very far From Cow's, house, right it's A cow's old.
Speaker 6: House, YEAH i think you, know a lot of those older houses just kind of got outdated and people that were in there were, older so they didn't do any. UPDATING i finally the family gets it and they can make a lot of money flipping those, houses would.
Speaker 8: Think.
Speaker 4: So, Yeah so so that was nice and it was it was a good temperature. Skylight you, Know shannon that you go to On saturday night at six. O'clock you think it'd be, crowded but in the middle of, summer not as many people have.
Speaker 3: In THEIR dna to go Eat.
Speaker 4: Skyline but it's true, Believers shan and we still do that even if it's hot.
Speaker 2: Out so, Yeah i'm more of a lunch guy For. Skyline but you, know if you want to do dinner or want to.
Speaker 3: Do lunch At, skyline don't you want to go to sleep as soon as it's.
Speaker 2: Over, yeah and SOMETIMES i. Do i'll take me a fifteen minute power nap and then get right back to.
Speaker 4: It but so well it it was a great weekend and now we're ready to go for a new Week it is post. GRADUATION i do need to say, something, however to The city Of. Lexington y'all got to do something about the.
Speaker 3: Traffic a.
Speaker 4: Men friday's traffic Was i'm not it Wasn't Breeders CUP Uk tennessee, Concert no remember. That, yeah that's the worst traffic this city's ever. Seen and they considered ending the city's license to be a. City but this one was Clobed. FRIDAY i nearly committed six to seven. Assaults that's the worst Traffic i've ever, seen and it was. Everywhere you couldn't get around it no matter where you. Went the traffic was it was, awful, RIGHT i mean just absolutely awful, Everywhere and it was infuriating all.
Speaker 6: Day, because like you, know all the, families all these people that come in from out of, town they don't really know what to. DO i think that makes it even.
Speaker 4: Worse, yes you, know but, WHY i mean why CAN i just ask you why do they schedule graduation during rush?
Speaker 3: HOUR i, mean like BETWEEN.
Speaker 4: I think it's just they just have them all. Day, SO i, mean but it starts early and goes all the way through the. Night only On, friday Cause, Saturday, saturday.
Speaker 3: There Was saturday. Two saturday was the one that started at.
Speaker 4: Six AND i don't know who those people, are but the one that started at, six it was all out. WARFARE i mean there were people with, shives like like stabbing each other and like because they because they couldn't get into the turn, lanes and people were gonna miss their kids graduation and the people trying to go. Home AND i ended up in the middle of, it AND i have never shinning been so. FRUSTRATED i honked and those honks were not nice. Honks they were honk, HONK.
Speaker 2: I, know when you're trying to get out of.
Speaker 4: TRAFFIC i drove on the, media then drove on the median in the.
Speaker 3: GRASS i, mean like we. Had it was just.
Speaker 6: Brutal, well the high school graduation is now in two, weeks and it's just as bad because they're back to back to, back so all the people go to the early, one they're leaving when the second one people are coming. In that's what makes it even.
Speaker 3: Worse it's. Terrible you have zero.
Speaker 2: Patients you are the least patient Person i've ever.
Speaker 4: KNOWN i would rather lie out without water in the desert than stand in a line of any.
Speaker 3: SOURCE i hate hate.
Speaker 7: Lines.
Speaker 4: LITERALLY i drive. Around IF i see a line, somewhere we're not going. THERE i went to get ice Cream saturday. Night there was a line At. GREATERS i, said you know, What I'll i'll go eat skyline. Again i'm not standing in a. Line and the traffic's even worse because you're. Trapped you can't get, anywhere and IT'S i hate.
Speaker 5: It, Yeah i'm gonna agree With. SHANNON i think you're the most impatient PERSON i. Know you, know sometimes especially for your. Car just turn on a podcast, relaxed just.
Speaker 3: Sitting listen to all the.
Speaker 4: Podcasts you're out of a, podcast out of podcast there were no more. Podcasts i'd listened to our show a couple of times on. Repeat i'd listened to all The Bill. SIMMONS'S i, MEAN i, even you, KNOW i even listen.
Speaker 3: To A Theo vaughn on the. PLANE i was we're.
Speaker 4: Boring he kind of makes me. Laugh, now you, KNOW i don't even. KNOW i think he's a. Goober he kind of makes me. Laugh but we're through with it all and now we're.
Speaker 6: Here, well good for. You do you not least cause an, accident not cause a? Fight no road rage. Incident, yes you, know when there's a big line of, traffic there's always one guy who's got to be the jerk trying to pass. Everybody That's. Matt matt's that, guy.
Speaker 2: The guy all the way to the front and cut everybody.
Speaker 3: OFF i don't do. That but IF i were to do.
Speaker 2: It, okay don't do. That nudge, nudge wink.
Speaker 4: Wink IF i were to do, it there's some studies that say that's the right thing to. Do, no there are look it, up their studies that say The zipser. Method the zipper merge is the quickest way for all.
Speaker 5: TRAFFIC i Think shannon's talking about passing like a turning lane going. Left you just going all the way to the end and cutting. Over not so much the zipper.
Speaker 3: Merge that's not zipper.
Speaker 4: Merge that is a modified zipper. Merge that is a modified zipper. MERGE i don't think you know. It then, YESTERDAY i don't know about you, all BUT i was Following Miss maine twenty twenty five With Bill belichick's.
Speaker 3: Girlfriend, yes she came in.
Speaker 4: Third they had the highest attendance For Miss maine twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Five in.
Speaker 4: The fact That Bill belichick was there sitting in A Holiday inn In, Portland maine is hilarious to. ME i, mean do you Think shannon he had, thought, no he would be At Miss maine at The Holiday, inn The Holiday Inn, express not even the full holiday in The Holiday Inn express In.
Speaker 2: Portland may he will do anything she tells, Them, amen, Anything, yep.
Speaker 4: It's said in the. Story this is the PART i found the most. Interesting there was a news, story like AN ap news story about. This it said he was sitting in the crowd quote with her forty nine year old.
Speaker 9: Dad, oh that would be so. Weird are you kidding? Me dad can't be cool with? This, okay forty nine year old. Dad the dad is only a few years older than. Me, wow what is that?
Speaker 4: Conversation he's sitting next to, him so clearly they have a positive.
Speaker 3: Relationship it's probably a.
Speaker 2: FANBOY i, MEAN i want you to think about that for a.
Speaker 4: Minute he is sitting next to her for thirty nine year old.
Speaker 3: Dad at the.
Speaker 5: Thing, Well bill's old enough to be his, dad then that's twenty four your age gap. There, yes unless he's a Huge pats. Fan maybe he is In may and they love The. Patriots that would JUST i couldn't go for.
Speaker 3: That that'd be so.
Speaker 4: Uncomfortable and did you see the picture of the winning person and her in the. BACKGROUND i didn't see that they took a. Picture you need to look up the. Picture you have the, winner you have the runner. Up, Huh and then she's standing behind him looking like she's going to murder. Them But i'm not kidding you go look up the pure you see the. Picture, yeah she that. Stare first of, All i've had that stare from women. BEFORE i know what that stare means that stare is worth a million. Dollars whoever went and took that, picture they got the picture of a lifetime and they clearly framed it shedded so she would be in.
Speaker 3: The back of.
Speaker 4: It and the Holiday, inn you, know at least if you stay, there you get the breakfast.
Speaker 3: The next morning Breakfast continental breakfast.
Speaker 7: Coffee.
Speaker 5: Yes, WELL i also saw a clip Of bill talking to the other contestants when she wasn't. AROUND i think some of the websites are trying to drum it up like he's sitting on, him but, like what are they talking To bill? About like all that he's kissing him on the cheek and saying how to all the. Contestants it's like that is just so creepy. Looking he was talking to the other. Content, YEAH i guess whether she's on stage wherever she. WAS i, Mean i'm sure he would just be a nice but just the thought of like him having conversations with all.
Speaker 3: These twenty year, olds it's just so.
Speaker 4: Bizarre i'm very disappointed she didn't win because can you imagine if she would have been in The Miss america, pageant.
Speaker 6: Biggest media circus ever for.
Speaker 4: The, Mins, oh my, goodness it would have Been. Shinnon that would have been that would be primetime. Television oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah and speaking of must WATCH, tv This, friday he's gonna be On Good Morning. America did you see? This Bill belichick And Michael strahan an interview On Good Morning.
Speaker 3: America i'm straight in he's. Formed Didn't belichick coach him as a defensive? Coordinator?
Speaker 2: YEAH i believe, so also waited.
Speaker 3: Me are you? Serious so his former.
Speaker 4: Player is gonna interview him On Good morning To? America, YEAH i might wake up before nine. O'clock will she be?
Speaker 2: There oh, yeah, yeah she'll probably right behind me next to.
Speaker 5: Him is she gonna Tell Michael strahan when he can?
Speaker 3: Cans?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: So Bill?
Speaker 4: Belichick oh my, goodness you got NOW i know exactly where what we're doing Next. Friday all, right well, Eight i'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty. Seven couple open. Lines, uh you can ask whatever you. Want we're gonna talk a LITTLE uk. BASKETBALL a past and PRESENT uk players kind of came together this weekend and it has me excited for the new. Season we'll talk about it right for THIS ksi.
Speaker 3: Welcome. Back tell You Sports radio. Eight If i'm nine to two eight oh twenty two eighty.
Speaker 4: Seven all, Right, So, SHANNON I i listened to the pre show a little bit on the drive end this, morning and you guys get calls and get people asking. Questions AND i know part of it is we talk a lot more than you all. Do but the, calls especially this, summer have gone. Down now the listeners. Haven't our listeners, are LIKE i looked at the numbers, Yesterday they're better than we've ever had in the. Spring SO i know there's people. Listening so clearly people are, Scared shannon to call because why do you think that?
Speaker 2: Is because you're gonna cut them off before they can even get to their.
Speaker 3: Point all, Right so what IF i do?
Speaker 4: This what IF i promise from now Through, THURSDAY i won't cut people, Off, well not THAT i won't.
Speaker 2: Cut people four days of no.
Speaker 4: Court, days not THAT i won't cut people, off BUT i will let them make their point before THEY i cut them.
Speaker 6: Off Even bob And, jamestown no besides.
Speaker 3: HIM i feel Like.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to, too BUT i feel Like i'm, Scared LIKE i feel Like i'm scaring people off because you like, you you guys on the pre show get. Calls we get, some but not as. Many AND i think it's.
Speaker 3: Because that has to be it.
Speaker 4: Right it has to be BECAUSE a they have to wait a while AND b BECAUSE i cut them. Off so what IF i promise to for the next four days try to be, better.
Speaker 2: Try to be better, now not going To, No, No i'm gonna be Beat, Okay i'm gonna be.
Speaker 7: Bad.
Speaker 4: OKAY i mean the fans out there can judge whether or Not i'm doing a good.
Speaker 2: Job i'll try to hold you accountable as we.
Speaker 3: Go you all can hold me accountable.
Speaker 4: Too if you Think i'm not being patient, enough you all can call me.
Speaker 3: Out four days of.
Speaker 4: No ryan's looking like completely dumbfounded right.
Speaker 2: Now if you prematurely appreciate the, CALL i. WON'T i won't hang up on.
Speaker 4: Them IF i have a premature, accollulation, okay a premature a, collulation then you can you can call me out on.
Speaker 5: It what If shannon just mute your mic while there's a, Calling.
Speaker 4: Shannon, Power shannon can't cheat eight twenty two eighty.
Speaker 3: Seven so go. Ahead we already have one person ready to.
Speaker 4: Go in a, MINUTE i Will i'm Gonna i'm going to at least try to temporarily let you make your.
Speaker 3: Point to be fair to.
Speaker 6: YOU a lot of people think don't call anymore because they do have to wait so.
Speaker 4: Long SOMETIMES i, Understand, yeah But i'm gonna make them trying to make them wait. Less, okay BECAUSE i see how long they've been, Waiting i'll try to make them wait. Less we'll. See i'm not saying this is a permanent. Change four, days we'll make it to. Tomorrow we'll make it four, days and we'll see what's. Happened the name of the, Thing drew is chickens in a birden's. Nest chickens in a bird's.
Speaker 6: Nest that's what they, Say that's that's what they serve and. BREED i like your description better chicken on.
Speaker 4: Sticks, well the nest is the. Sticks do you see What i'm? Saying, sure sounds like you're very excited about. It one person, Writes, Matt i'm a commercial truck. Driver you're right about the zipper. Merge it's the best. Thing but the problem is there are people who don't want people to pass them and they get arrogant about, it and that causes a.
Speaker 3: Problem.
Speaker 4: RYAN i suggest you're one of Those i've seen you do. It you don't like people cutting ahead of.
Speaker 6: You i've even kind of drifted over in the left lane and kind of block people from passing everybody a couple of.
Speaker 4: Times oh you because you don't want to have anyone even one second ahead of.
Speaker 6: It, yeah so they'll they'll even go out in the grass and.
Speaker 2: PASS i have strong thoughts on this h zipper. MERGE i think it's complete. BS i know that they say that there's you, know it shows that it actually works and helps to flow of. Traffic try doing that when you're in line for. Food try doing that when you're in line for. Tickets try to super merging in real life and see if you don't get punched in the.
Speaker 4: Face, yeah well there's a differenttrt being punched in the face and it being more efficient.
Speaker 2: Though But i'm just saying if you got in line and there's a long line and then somebody came up to the side and, Go i'm just going to merge into here SO i can get my tickets. First the only way that works in real life is in a.
Speaker 3: Car that's. It, no that's a fair. Point it really only works in a.
Speaker 4: Car BUT i do think it, works AND i enjoy being the one that does.
Speaker 6: Zipper merge on a on like on an off ramp coming man like if the ramp is backed, up the zipper, MERGE i think it's the way to. Go but when it's road construction and the line is backed up for a, mile you can't. Pass everybody go up to the front and you.
Speaker 4: Can it's just you can do whatever you. Want it's just people may or may not like. It my mom is saying to try to do the non cutting. OFF i think she thinks that Now i'm. Cutting so we'll. SEE i Got ralph on.
Speaker 3: Here we'll get.
Speaker 10: Started ralph the Rookie, dad all, right If i'm nine to twenty two eighty, something go, Ahead, Ralph, hello, Hello, ralph go.
Speaker 8: Ahead hey, Listen i'm not sure Where ralph came from. That my name Is Patriot, papaul AND i would like to address. BIAS i would like to address The belichick bias on the ks or you Know belichick, man he's he's getting a bad.
Speaker 2: Rap see you should have cut him, off.
Speaker 3: All, RIGHT i, mean what does that? Mean he's getting a bad? RAP i, mean the thing is what it, is.
Speaker 8: Right well it, is BUT i, mean somebody's got to stand up for the. Guy he's living his best. Life he's he's, uh you, know in his senior. Years he's coaching a college, team he's dating a college aged, girl and it doesn't seem to bother. Him it just seems to bother everybody. Else and it's somebody who's in a relationship with a younger. Individual, uh you, KNOW i don't understand to some. Extent but you, know.
Speaker 4: My issue is not his relationship for, you all, right you KNOW i got, you AND i appreciate the. Call my issue is not with his. Relationship he could date whoever he. Was my funny is the is the hilarity of seeing this dude who used to be the most powerful you, know like nobody can mess with me guy be sort of let around that he could date who every. ONCE i don't, care but it's the it's THE i, mean this was a guy who had no time to ever be led around by anybody who now is completely taken.
Speaker 3: Over that's what's entertaining to me about.
Speaker 5: It there are probably a lot of, guys especially closer to his, age that would pat him on the back for who he's.
Speaker 3: Dading but it's the, yeah but.
Speaker 5: It's the running a football program and having her c seed on all the emails and on the sideline that makes it a little. Bizarre for a guy that was pretty stubborn and might be one of the, best could be the best coach of all, time it's just.
Speaker 4: Odd do you Think Patriot Papa shannon voted For? Biden probably so, Right, yeah no. Chance do you think there's anyone who Puts patriot in their name that then also voted For. Biden do you think there's anybody who's, Like i'm A patriot voted For?
Speaker 3: Harris probably?
Speaker 5: Not probably not the age gap he said he dates someone. Younger how old do you Think maga memo?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 3: Whatever maga, memo it's a good. Name, dodd go, Ahead.
Speaker 11: Dodd, Morning, god how are you all?
Speaker 3: Good what's?
Speaker 12: Up got two?
Speaker 7: Questions?
Speaker 11: One did you all See caliperi and his partial mullet in that video online? YESTERDAY i?
Speaker 3: Did is that fan this?
Speaker 4: Year because of the mullet was Not what was more most entertaining to me it was his. Beard i'd never seen him with the. Beard is that from this?
Speaker 3: Year that was?
Speaker 11: Recent AND i remember saying hee a beard when he did His New jersey vacation trip a couple of years.
Speaker 7: Ago.
Speaker 3: Okay and then second on the.
Speaker 11: Most important question is with the athletic department going to THE, llc do you foresee any impact on ticket prices coming from? That as a season ticket, Holder i'm a little, concerned of.
Speaker 4: Course the actually what let's talk about that in a, minute BECAUSE i had this conversation last. NIGHT i see a bunch of changes coming when it comes to that. Stuff but we'll take a. Break so that was an old. Thing, yeah he was just at the thunder game a couple of nights ago with clean.
Speaker 3: Face, okay we'll be right.
Speaker 7: BACK.
Speaker 3: Tj, smith personal injury attorney CALLED. Tj he'll make them pay.
Speaker 2: Now more Of Kentucky Sports radio presented By Stockton. Mortgage Here's Matt.
Speaker 4: Jones welcome, back tell you Sports radio If i'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four one person, Rights. MATT i have worked on these studies about see this is the great thing about. This right people have worked on The Zipper merge. Study and the reason the line is so long is because people Don't zipper.
Speaker 2: MERGE i don't know that that makes sense to. ME i don't think it does, either, actually BECAUSE i mean you're cutting other people.
Speaker 4: Is long because you'd be using two, lines but it's still probably the same amount of.
Speaker 7: Cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yes and If i'm that line that's getting, cut my line just get longer because people keep cutting in front of.
Speaker 3: Me THAT'S i. THINK i think that's.
Speaker 4: Right the Tra Patriot papa says to Answer drew's, Question i'm fifty, six my wife is twenty, three and we just had a six month old.
Speaker 6: Gratulations you, Know patriot Papal Bill Bill, bilichick and you, know do double birds in the air to a lot of. People but the fact that he you.
Speaker 4: Know what were those words that just came out of your, mound double birds in the. Air oh you mean they flip people?
Speaker 6: Off, yeah, yeah, yeah it's the other side of it THAT i think for, me she's Making billichick seem like he's incompetent and incapable of making.
Speaker 4: DECISIONS i think that WAS i think people are jumping to a conclusion on, that like he's still coaching his. Football, yeah SO i think he's probably probably fine all. Right to answer that guy's, question DO i think ticket prices are going to go. Up, YES i don't know how they. Cannot they're. Stuck they have added twenty two million dollars to their, budget twenty two million dollars to THE uk, budget and that money is they have to pay it right here's they got to find a way to make the twenty two.
Speaker 3: Million so how are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: It, one THE tv deals for each of these schools are going, up and they're going up by about eight to ten million, Dollars so let's just do the. Math that means of the twenty two, million eight to ten is gonna come from the NEW tv. Deals so now we're still looking at twelve to fourteen million that we gotta. Find Number, two there's no doubt ticket price IS k Club it's gonna go. Up how can it? Not it has. To there's just no way it. Can longer, TERM i don't THINK i think coaches are not gonna make as much. MONEY i think the era of coaches signing these crazy mega, Deals you're gonna have to be a multiple national championship winner to get mega. DEALS i think the days have, seen you, know an assistant coach making two million dollars a YEAR i just think they're going. AWAY i don't think they can do that. ANYMORE i think the market is gonna come. DOWN i think they're gonna add games in. BASKETBALL i think this is a big. ONE i think we're gonna move from thirty one to probably thirty five games in the next five, years, because, again how do you make. Money you gotta have more more. Inventory and, FOOTBALL i don't think they can make anymore unless they're gonna expand the. Playoff why are they doing that? Money and then they're gonna have to add other. GAMES i don't know how you can do. It why are we Playing purdue in the exhibition in part to make that an event where they can make?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 4: RIGHT i think you Saw valpos the other. Game probably the days of us playing the trances of the World ryan for better or worse are probably, over maybe over. Now they may be over, so but there's no way the math does not math unless they raise ticket. Prices the other thing, IS i think the days of us building state of the art facilities every ten years are.
Speaker 7: Gone.
Speaker 3: Right they're just gonna have to, say let's make it.
Speaker 4: Work the days of the recruiting game being who can build the nicest THING i think are, gone because there's no way you can add twenty two million dollars of cost a year and not make it up somewhere. Else SO i just think a lot of the stuff that kind of got out of control in the last ten years on the coach's, facilities et cetera side is about to change on the other, side AND i think you're gonna start seeing that stuff come, down which is, probably honestly how it should. Be there was never a reason For john Cal perry to make ten million dollars In John wall to make. Nothing now in the, future the, Future john Cal perry's will make seven And John wall will make. Three and why is that?
Speaker 6: Bad it's.
Speaker 3: Not it shouldn't be. Bad, yeah it shouldn't be.
Speaker 4: Bad john Cal perry when he was in here deserved but he deserved ten million dollars in the players.
Speaker 3: Nothing, no, No AND i think that's where we're.
Speaker 5: HITTING i think we're headed for the more games you mentioned. Too in college, Basketball Mark pope is even more than talking about.
Speaker 3: That he's a big proponent for its.
Speaker 5: Four he, SAID i think maybe at THE Ncaa tournament or sometime back In, march he said he's ready for a forty game. Schedule SO i think it's heading in that. Direction but he is smart and he.
Speaker 4: Didn't WHEN i heard him say, THAT i thought to, myself, well that means something like that's.
Speaker 6: COMING i want to ask, you know you mentioned it. Is there is possibly where some schools will have to eliminate. Sports, yes program.
Speaker 4: Sports are getting. Eliminated that's happening. NOW i don't think it'll be a ton of, sports but there. Will like there's one sport At. Kentucky i'm not gonna say what it is BECAUSE i don't want, To, LIKE i don't want it to get aggregated as a story Of Matt jones, says its sports going. Away but there's a sports that's AT uk THAT, i IF i had to, bet won't exist here in two.
Speaker 3: Years, Yeah AND i hate it for those, people but it's, again do you believe in.
Speaker 4: Capitalism if you, do then the successful has to like there's a subsidizing here at some point that happens with these other sports and it's just not gonna keep. Happening SO I i believe these players that make the school money deserve.
Speaker 3: MONEY i do believe.
Speaker 4: THAT i also think though your naive if you don't think that will have ramifications on the sports.
Speaker 3: That don't make the school, money it just. Will and that's.
Speaker 4: Life AND i wish sometimes life wasn't like, that but that's what life, is, right and so college sports is just becoming. Life we've lived in a fantasy socialist college sports. Land what's always been fascinating to me is college sports is in many ways, socialism and people who love capitalism have loved socialism when it comes to college, sports and people who love socialism have wanted capitalism in college. Sports and now we're getting. It college sports is just aligning with the rest of life, now which is the money, talks and that's what.
Speaker 3: Happens it's a.
Speaker 5: Business the business costs go up the.
Speaker 4: Consumers that's what it is, now and we just need to act like. It you, know we used to only play like three or four basketball games In december because, quote they're out of class and people need to go home For christmas.
Speaker 3: Break that's it's a. Business matter of.
Speaker 4: Fact you could argue the kids should play more During christmas break because they don't have.
Speaker 6: Class they manage the people that are in. Town then every, game.
Speaker 3: That's what's gonna happen all of a sudden In.
Speaker 4: December rather than only playing On, saturdays they're gonna Play saturdays and.
Speaker 3: Midweek. Huh, yeah that's probably where the other games will come.
Speaker 6: From if you're a business guy and you got a business model where part of your business is making a lot of, money the other part is, not you're gonna eliminate that and invest more than the one is making you.
Speaker 4: Money and that's what we're gonna See gary In. Orlando go, Ahead, Gary.
Speaker 3: Gary, Hell, yes all.
Speaker 12: Right yes, sir thanks for taking my.
Speaker 8: CART i don't know if you saw, it But ryan McGee said he posted a picture of Gelling check's girlfriend and he put in the.
Speaker 12: Picture er Er jordan and it did not go all the will in The, carolinas he mentioned on the Show. Saturday and, SECONDLY i used to date a girl that THAT i was older than her. Dad and finally she got me to go have dinner with her parents and we're on our way over and she, said how do you think this is gonna? Go AND i, said, well it's gonna, go, okay as long as he calls me. Sir you guys have a.
Speaker 7: Great, day all?
Speaker 3: Right who Knew Gary orlando's got. Jokes who knew we had so many? Dudes you?
Speaker 5: Know, Uh, Patrick papa was. ONE i didn't Expect dary Or orlando to have a story. Either Next bob is gonna tell, Her.
Speaker 4: No, BOB i don't Want IF i don't want to know About bob's we are two for.
Speaker 3: TWO i guess If bill Said.
Speaker 6: George's dad's, Like, OKAY i don't worry about, grandkids, Right.
Speaker 4: Okay you need to make no jokes BECAUSE i do not trust your. FILTER i Trust drew's kind of.
Speaker 3: Trust.
Speaker 2: SHENDS i don't even trust.
Speaker 3: MINE i do.
Speaker 4: Not ever trust. Yours there are certain topics that you need to mentally. SAY i am not going to make jokes on BECAUSE i don't know.
Speaker 3: Filters no.
Speaker 6: FILTER i.
Speaker 5: Love On, friday you, said tell the story about using this person's, name and he described the.
Speaker 3: Celebrity, YEAH i was in the.
Speaker 6: Moments you never said her.
Speaker 3: Name, Nope, mike go, Ahead, mike.
Speaker 7: All, right, Man i'm on Need ryan's help to keep you from cutting me. Off here about The zipper, murder all, right go for. It, Okay i'm in driving truck for twenty seven years, first So i'm, qualified all, right all, right if you see a sign that says right lane close two miles and you get, over then nobody ever stops the zipper merch causes the bank truck. Jam and that truck driver that wrote in and said that it was the right, WAY i don't know what's wrong with. Him he must be on shorty short clip flop for, guy.
Speaker 3: Take that all, right.
Speaker 4: Shortage, okay but so you're saying to, me if no one zipper, merged there'd be no traffic at.
Speaker 3: All but then.
Speaker 4: Even but in your, scenario when you get that two mile, warning if there are two lanes of, traffic they're still gonna have to merge.
Speaker 3: Over so the zipper is just farther, back.
Speaker 7: No merges before it.
Speaker 4: Closes, yes but, okay so let's just, assume, sir there are Multiple let's assume there's a lot of traffic right on a two lane interstate and all of a sudden these signs come.
Speaker 3: Up people are gonna have to, merge and it's.
Speaker 7: It causes the traffic. Jam and the reason it causes the traffic jam is because the trucks cannot take off, faster and every ah in a car cuts them.
Speaker 4: Off, okay that's a good point about the trucks not being able to take, Off, because to be honest with, you, sir that's what i'd.
Speaker 3: USE i see a truck AND i, go this is WHERE i can. SAY i, KNOW i know they. Can't, yeah SO i appreciate the. Call he's right about.
Speaker 4: That When i'm trying to figure out how to get, OVER i look for a truck BECAUSE i know they.
Speaker 3: Can't you know where they have a.
Speaker 2: Weakness they can't.
Speaker 4: Say, exactly IT'S i know. That that's the. Exploit that's the part to exploit is the.
Speaker 6: Truck i've always wondered how truck drivers felt about.
Speaker 4: That, well they don't feel good as seen by. THAT i think cornbreadhip dot. Com when the truck driver gets, home he probably needs to. Rest go to cornbreadhimp dot. Com promo CODE ksr full Spectrum flower, ONLY HEMP CD Cbd and now The breeze drinks they're taking. Over we're gonna have some soon at the bar with the peach iced, tea the Blueberry breeze all. That people are loving. It it is completely legal and it will help you rest and. Relax it is cornbreadhimp dot. Com try my promo CODE. Ksr try it out if you have it, yet it's cornbread. Himp If i'm nine two twenty two eighty, Seven i'm doing pretty, good so far good and not cutting people. Off so we Got sue and a couple other people. Read so come on, in we'll take a. Break very back to. Cancer welcome, back take you sports.
Speaker 3: RADIO.
Speaker 4: Afi i've nine two eight oh twenty two eighty, seven text machine seven seven two seven seventy four five two five Four what person?
Speaker 3: Rights matt John.
Speaker 4: Wall may not have made three million WHILE, uk but he earned two hundred and seventy five million in HIS nba, Career so the woe is me mentality of cow making ten million is weak at. Best, no that argument is weak at best because John wall the two hundred and seventy five million was for what he did in THE. Nba but what about what he did? Here how many jerseys were sold with the number ten on? Them there are still a ton of number ten jerseys from when he's eleven, eleven same, Thing there are ten and eleven jerseys and they're all kinds of John. Wall, no But i'm. Serious how many jerseys were? Sold how much excitement was generated IN uk?
Speaker 3: Basketball because of.
Speaker 4: Him, yeah And i'll just, say let's say you're a plumber and you, go you know, What i'm not gonna pay you for year one of your plumbing because one day you're gonna make a lot. Plumbing that sounds. Ridiculous, plus, like take somebody Like Tim. Tebow Tim tebow's the perfect. Example he never made a lot of money in THE. Nfl but don't you think he Made florida a lot of? Money of course he. Did and we did take the guys on our team last. YEAR i mean those, guys none of them may play in THE, nba but did they not make this city and, this you, know university a ton of. Money you either believe people should be paid what they're worth or you. Don't and if you, do In, america we say you. Do and SO i think this is just like and whether you agree with that or, not it's. Happening it's the. LAW i will remind people it was nine to zero in The Supreme. Court Samuel, alito who Is Patriot papol And Sonya Soda mayor who is WOKE aoc.
Speaker 3: Agree on almost, nothing but they agreed on. That so you know it is what it is.
Speaker 6: Is John, wall the guy that would have benefited the most Of. JIM i mean For kentucky.
Speaker 4: At, Kentucky, Well John wall was also really, good. RIGHT i think a better example are. Dudes Jared lorenzon is of a great. Example, Yes Jared lorenson is a great example of how not having INN i l kind of screws the person because he never made a ton of money in THE.
Speaker 3: Nfl, right but he'd have made a ton of.
Speaker 6: Money.
Speaker 3: Yes Or Richie farmer who.
Speaker 7: Cash?
Speaker 3: Daniel?
Speaker 6: Yes another one another?
Speaker 3: Example, yeah you know a guy who was beloved For? Oscar, yeah, Right.
Speaker 4: OSCAR i don't know if he'll make a ton of money in THE nba money, here and he did actually make some money. Here so, those to me are the. EXAMPLES i have a question BEFORE i go to the phone about The pope's Brother, Yeah Shon, polk his brother's doing a lot of, interviews all, Right pope's brother's doing a lot of. Interviews every time you turn on THE, Tv pope's brother's talking to. Somebody question number, one do you think he should The pope's brothers should just lay off.
Speaker 3: The interviews a little.
Speaker 4: Bit it's like he's kind of Like I'm i'm kind of brother, pope but.
Speaker 3: This is about the, pope like it is The. Pope but he's like telling us a lot about his. Brother his brother may not want all this out, there, Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah we want The pope to be sort of.
Speaker 4: Mysterious, secondly if you're the brother of the, pope do you call Him, pope, father brother Or?
Speaker 6: Bob he, Said i'm going to call him. Bob he said that in the interview Because i'm still gonna call him.
Speaker 3: Bob is that?
Speaker 4: Okay if you're A catholic and you believe The pope is Like god spokesman on, earth can you call him?
Speaker 3: Bob?
Speaker 5: Absolutely he's STILL i forgot which one's, older especially.
Speaker 3: If it's the little.
Speaker 5: Brother oh, OKAY i don't know which. One did you see he, SAID i used to give him. NOOGIES i think you should still give him a. NOGGIE i think you should go to The vatican and give him a pick on your little.
Speaker 3: Brother if he's that never. Ends nobody can call.
Speaker 6: Him, bob but the Brother bob's the only.
Speaker 4: Right what If, ryan what If dante became? Pope all, right you're gonna start calling him? Pope are you gonna call Him.
Speaker 6: Dante, okay if we're gonna be real like in, PUBLIC i would probably call Him. Pope but we're at the house grilling out. Burgers, Hey, dante give put some more mustard on.
Speaker 3: There you're gonna tell you what to. Do, yeah order The. Pope.
Speaker 6: Yes if we're back in our private, homes give me another, Beer, pope give me another, Beer.
Speaker 2: Dante it's not very, POP i, KNOW i don't.
Speaker 4: KNOW i think it would be hard if you if, you if The pope is your your, friend like you were just hanging.
Speaker 6: Out they went to some pizza place In, chicago, said this is The pope's favorite pizza. Place this is where The pope sat last time he was.
Speaker 4: Here, okay if you're a, customer let's say it was our biggest customer at ks bar Becomes. Pope all, Right i've been Calling bob every. Time DO I next time he comes, IN i have to, Say, POPE i think you.
Speaker 6: Do you gotta give a little.
Speaker 2: Respect.
Speaker 6: Okay right, now he's a close personal friend or a family member like big brother can, say that's Still bob to, me It's, Bob bob The, Pope bob The.
Speaker 3: Pope all, Right, sue go, Ahead, Sue.
Speaker 13: Hey, guys what's going. ON i have a couple of. THANKS i have a couple of. Things this, morning when you talked about when you was at your, fellowship you talked About ashwitz And, HITLER i just wanted maybe during the dead season that you could go into a little more detail about some of that.
Speaker 4: Stuff you, mean, WELL i didn't go To, oschwitz but we talked about like some some you, know the steps that led along the way to it.
Speaker 3: Happening is that what you?
Speaker 13: Mean, Yeah, yeah just you, know you, know some my history on. That, yeah that might.
Speaker 4: Be SOMETHING i do on my new, show the new podcast and Show i'm going to be, doing Which i'll talk about a little bit later because that would be it's kind of a longer form. Conversation but, YEAH I, sue we'll talk about that at some, point maybe not, here but on.
Speaker 3: That how's that all?
Speaker 13: Right AND i have another. THING i liked. It, YES i was looking AT ksr this morning AND i was reading About aaron And Andrew harrison talking about talking, about you, know last year when they played IN tbt last year and all the love that they felt FROM. Bbn my eyes started watering a little bit on that because it was just so touching that how they appreciate us so.
Speaker 4: MUCH i loved that, story And, sue nice to talk to. YOU i appreciate the. CALL i love that story for two. Reasons well what do we got? Over we got a minute?
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 4: Okay so The Harrison TWINS i think had a tough experience, here Especially. ANDREW i think the fans were hard on, them AND i wondered if they would have a connection to this. SCHOOL i love that story because they said when they returned they felt that.
Speaker 6: Love don't think they felt the love when they were.
Speaker 3: HERE i think.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it was hard for him because the first year they. Struggled then when they came back there were people who were like Play booker And. Uless and to see them feel that, NOW i think is awesome BECAUSE i like those two guys a, lot AND i think they liked it. Here BUT i think they always felt like there were people who are like why Couldn't Tyler Ulison booker? Play and to see them ten years later get that love and feel it that really made me.
Speaker 7: Happy.
Speaker 3: DREW i was really glad to see.
Speaker 5: That, yeah and they said they watched more Of kentucky basketball last year than, ever that's.
Speaker 3: AWESOME, yea.
Speaker 4: Exactly what we. Want we'll take a, break come. BACK i remember. Two IT'S ksr