Speaker 1: Chat GPT, I need support. It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm Katie's taking the lead on the podcast today. She's got a tail to tail. Before we get to that, though, I did want to mention whoever's parking in my parking spot, I'm going to slash your tires. I'm announcing it ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Wow, we don't have reserved parking.
Speaker 2: Spots bends and I you look at it, that's my parking kind of.
Speaker 3: A common law parking spot exactly.
Speaker 2: Somebody who gets here earlier than me because I get it very early by normal work standards, and then taking my spot and I'm going to slash your tires. Would that be a misdemeanor assume? Oh yeah, my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can empty the shelf of cvs after CVS and it's not a felony in California.
Speaker 2: I'll buy them new tires, but I'm hoping the inconvenience of it will make them stop parking in my spot. Now, somebody here suggested I make a sign. Well, I won't just make a sign and just say reserved, like I doubt anybody would ever stop me.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, just get a little stencil and spray painted on the curb. Reserved parking perfect with like a red outline or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sod, okay, back to you, kittie.
Speaker 1: All right, Well I mentioned it.
Speaker 4: I don't know a couple months ago that I was going to be going through the in vitro IVF process because Drew and I want to have a child.
Speaker 2: And why do people do that? I don't know that much about it.
Speaker 4: Uh, some of it has to do with infertility.
Speaker 1: You just can't have a kid naturally.
Speaker 4: For for my situation, it's because I have a hereditary disease that makes conceiving difficult and then also it's a fifty to fifty chance that the kid gets it. So we're going through a different processing. Yeah, we're actually doing the genetic testing, which is going to be incredible, where they're going to take my eggs and figure out which one of or which one which ones do not have the polycystic kidney disease.
Speaker 1: And then those are the ones we're going to use.
Speaker 3: The fact that that is possible is mind blowing.
Speaker 2: It really is. And does insurance pay for this or no? No? Is it expensive?
Speaker 1: Yes it is, yes it is.
Speaker 4: But so this this week or this week and next week is the start of it. And my first day of the dreaded medication was yesterday, which for anybody who's familiar with it knows that it's all done with a syringe.
Speaker 2: Like like, hm, you can ask, It's fine, ask whatever. Are you sticking a needle in your arm?
Speaker 1: Are you in my stomach?
Speaker 2: So you're giving yourself shots in the stomach, So you're not like literally in the stomach in the abdomen, right.
Speaker 1: And well, yeah, the abb like right next to my belly button.
Speaker 2: What's the difference.
Speaker 3: Well, because if it was in your stomach, that would be penetrating your skin, your muscles.
Speaker 2: And people say stomach.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm just.
Speaker 3: Trying to be accurate here, So don't you.
Speaker 2: Quibble with my quibbling. I don't like the tummy shots. I had to get those every day when I have my gallbladder taken out. Oh so you know what you're talking about, stomach? Oh good?
Speaker 1: Did you give it to yourself or did you have to?
Speaker 2: I can't imagine doing it myself.
Speaker 4: So you're on the same page that I am sent. I just sent you, guys a series of photos I received in the mail. Don't a week and a half ago a box that was the size of I don't know, like a a microwave. It was about that big, just filled to the brim with syringes and needles and vials, and I had a full blown panic attack because I don't do well despite all of the tattoos and piercings with needles.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Actually it looked like you were running some sort of small town clinic and you were getting your supplies for the moment.
Speaker 2: I think you got to be a pretty weird person if you're just perfectly sanguine about giving yourself shots in the stomach.
Speaker 4: This was keeping me up at night, and I was emotional and scared, wondering if I was even gonna.
Speaker 1: Go through with this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, that's too bad. I can believe that though I would. I can imagine, yeah, this is important, I have to do it, but I don't know if I can yesh.
Speaker 4: I was trying to watch videos on YouTube of people giving injections just because the sight of a needle going into skin gives me an issue to I hope there is.
Speaker 3: Anybody who's continuing to listen to this.
Speaker 2: Is there anything, Yes, Michael.
Speaker 5: I have to for insulin. I gotta get injections into the stomach area. Sometimes do you give me to yourself? No, my wife does. And so that's what I was gonna ask Katie. Is her husband to be doing this?
Speaker 4: No, he's working at the time frame that I have to do this during the day.
Speaker 2: So if your wife's mad at you, does she ever really? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sometimes?
Speaker 2: Oh wow? So can you do anything like the old timing? Like if you've got a tooth that needs to come out and you tie a string around it and put it to the doorknob, somebody opens the door out comes your tooth. Can you do anything like that with a shot in the stomach.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I mean there are tips that you can use. But I actually booby trap yeah right, but my other hand over a flame. I'm trying to dart gun. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But so I went to chat GPT because we've been talking about it so much, and I just typed in, I need support. I'm doing and this is what I'm doing and I am to the point of terrified where I might not do it. This thing gave me eight pages of ways that people get through their fears of injections, Things that I can do prior to the shot, things to do during the shot, I mean everything. So I went through and I read it all and I utilized some of it, and I gave myself the shot yesterday, no problem.
Speaker 2: Wow, mind is chat GPT And.
Speaker 3: Once you get past, you know, the first fear and the realities, Yeah, you're probably good now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I called I called my parents crying. I was like, I just did it, and that that was the hurdle.
Speaker 2: I mean, that was the.
Speaker 4: Thought of taking a vial in the needle and having to do it myself was just out of the question. And I chat GPT, honest to God, gave me this this boost, Like, Okay, here are some things you can do.
Speaker 1: Try it.
Speaker 3: Is there any chance you'll be raising the child, not with your husband, but with a robot, an AI robot?
Speaker 1: You know, if it if it keeps it up, it's in the running.
Speaker 2: You are, So someday gonna say to your four year old boy, I gave myself shots in the stomach the least you could know.
Speaker 4: Just pick up your Oh, without a doubt, that's already locked and loaded and you're not even on the planet.
Speaker 2: Yet, right, Oh God, that is that is interesting in a whole bunch of different levels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I had no idea that there were rugs or anything. I mean, we've I had.
Speaker 2: No idea I did it at home, that it was a home thing.
Speaker 3: The practical aspects of of of you know, sperm mats, egg egg is implanted. I think we remember that.
Speaker 2: From biology when a very much okay, but yeah wow.
Speaker 3: So how comfortable are you with discussing what sort of of drugs these are? Give the stiff arm whenever you want? But so what what is it? What are you jabbing yourself with?
Speaker 4: So there there are two basically what hair we're gonna get real close, guys. What what we're doing is we are making the eggs inside of me bigger so that my doctor can take them out.
Speaker 1: Is what this process is. So I had an altertude.
Speaker 2: At home yourself? Right?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, well actually yeah, the shots are doing it. So oh the egg removal. No, I'm going into They're gonna knock me out for that, Thank god.
Speaker 2: Get the tongs you use for spaghetti, oh for boy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, shot back? Is that what you're saying? Oh? Okay? Anyway, So.
Speaker 4: There there are two different medications that are are making the eggs bigger, and then there is another medication that is going to stop me from ovulating so she can take the eggs and my body doesn't go, we don't need these anymore.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 4: So I had a my zoom meeting yesterday was about forty five minutes long, with the doctor teaching me how to take five different vials of medication with needles and put them into different things so I could get one shot. And I told at the very end, I went, you know, I feel like a scientist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, heck ya, you would do this. You are, eh. That is what I didn't know that so much of this stuff happened at home and you did it on your own. I would have just assumed you're constantly going into doctor's offices and they're doing it all.
Speaker 1: But right, so I had I had an ultrasound yesterday.
Speaker 4: I have one Friday, another one Monday, another one Thursday, and then the procedure next weekend.
Speaker 2: Did you do any uh? Do you have control over the timing like of when you want to have a baby born? I do, and I do shows now.
Speaker 1: Well no, so this is just to get the eggs.
Speaker 4: So she's going to take the eggs out there, going to fertilize them Withdrew and then they'll be on hold for whenever I want to get pregnant.
Speaker 2: Wow, so you can pick the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, completely, They freeze them and she goes and don't worry, they don't get freezer burn.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, well, thank you, so good.
Speaker 2: That's reassured.
Speaker 1: Very good to know.
Speaker 2: But so, but they have to extract the.
Speaker 3: Egg and then do the analysis right right of the genetic stuff we were talking about earlier, and then do the old I'd like you to meet to certain cell I think you too will hit it off. Yeah, do what comes natural. But then you implant it whenever you want, and roughly forty weeks later.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, So there's a two week waiting period after they take the eggs that they're going to go through and go through all the little guys and then pick the good ones and then we'll take it from there.
Speaker 1: But science is incredible.
Speaker 4: I I keep saying that over and over again because I'm just my mind is blown that any of this could be done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 1: And chat GPT helped me do it right.
Speaker 2: And this is this the thing that for a cup of coffee people were clai I mean Trump didn't want to allow or something like that, which was not true.
Speaker 4: Ridiculous yes, And we were planning this the whole time with no fear of that because we knew that was all while I'm on the pola.
Speaker 2: Jd Vance and his wife did it this way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of people do it this way.
Speaker 4: And I was shocked at the amount of people who were just as scared as I was.
Speaker 1: Too, you know there.
Speaker 4: I mean, there are support groups on Facebook and Instagram and all these Reddit pages and whatnot, and they're all women that are they can't have a baby.
Speaker 1: They're praying for this to work.
Speaker 4: But oh my god, I have to give myself a shot in the stomach every day for two weeks.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm I've got a needle phobia like you do. But there are various levels of that. But like I said, I don't think anybody's thrilled about the idea.
Speaker 5: Hey Katie, what were some of the tips that they gave you? If you don't mind me asking.
Speaker 4: Well, so when you're in this situation, like you're doing it yourself at home. My whole thing was I thought I had to be like standing up and all these and they gave me all this information. You can be laying down, So go go into your bedroom and lay down on your bed and put something on the TV and watch that and distract yourself.
Speaker 2: That's how a baby making thing usually starts.
Speaker 4: Exactly right, get in the mood. No, but so you just it was just like little things like that. Not the ice pack, but there was another kind of like a jack thing pinched the back of your arm on the opposite side.
Speaker 1: You can do that.
Speaker 2: That's all my son does. He when he was littler, he would bite down on his wrist when they did stuff to him.
Speaker 4: And I mean, but there were all these things like reclaim your power over this fear, change the story and your mind about needles. Look at it as a tool of care and healing and a goal, a goal for your future.
Speaker 1: Just all this stuff.
Speaker 4: You know, peekaboo technique. It's the perfect way. You don't have to look at the needle at all. You can cover it with a cloth until the very last second. Aha, which I didn't do.
Speaker 2: But could you like this stuff matters? Could you wed? Could you wedget in a couch cushion and then just run and dive on top of it.
Speaker 1: I wish that that was possible. It would have been more fun.
Speaker 2: But wow, I don't know that I could, like, mentally, I think I could get there, but I don't know if I could keep myself from like flinching and pulling away. I mean, I just I don't know if I could do that. I suppose you got to figure it out. That's why you went to chat GPT I did until you did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they also the other helpful thing, not that you're gonna have to do this, but they said, once you start, like, once you get it in your mind, Okay, I'm gonna do this, do not abort mission.
Speaker 1: Just go for it because you have from.
Speaker 4: That thought, you've got about twelve seconds that you have to worry about right until the SHOT's over with.
Speaker 1: So just get it over with.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's another good technique. And then all right, and after this we'll go back to my neur own business and you can disclose what you want to disclose when you disclose it. But at some point a few months down the line, little Joseph Jack Green will be I'm the scene and new member of the family.
Speaker 1: Joseph Jack Michael Squared Green.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess that's it.