Speaker 1: Hey, there, folks, it is Thursday, May seventh.
Speaker 2: Then are we closer to ending any controversy over how Jeffrey Epstein died now that a suicide note purportedly from Jeffrey Epstein has been made public and there are plenty of reasons in there to believe it is authentic, And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. First things verse ropes does this now not going to say it ends it, but does this get closer to leaning in that direction in this conversation to say, Okay, yes, this man killed himself.
Speaker 3: I think so. I think for people who were on the fence, and I think I might have been in that category, and just leaving space open for the fact that I don't know, We don't know. There are just a lot of questions surrounding his death, and given what information he probably had that could have come out in trial, it makes sense those conspiracy theories are still alive and have been for seven years now nearly. But this note does to me make it seem highly likely that yes, he tried it once and then he was successful a few weeks later, Because this note looks like his handwriting and sounds like the other bits of writing we've seen from him, how he talks, how he texts.
Speaker 2: We're gonna read you the text of this note. Robes, let's go, you know what this was in twenty nineteen when he died. Usually, let's not set this up. We're gonna let you hear it and then we'll break it down. But Robes, this, of course, twenty nineteen is when he died. There was He did have a cell mate who is a quadruple murderer who's been convicted. And this is the guy we're getting all this information from. He said he found this note. But it's been under seal all of these years. We'll get into why it came out, why it came out now, and we'd been talking about this.
Speaker 1: But Robes, here it is.
Speaker 2: Let folks hear first what this note actually says, again from Jeffrey Epstein, apparently a suicide note in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is scrawled in handwriting on a yellow lined piece of paper. They investigated me for a month, found nothing. Nothing is in all caps with three exclamation points. So sixteen year old charges it is a treat to be able to choose one's time to say goodbye. What you want me to do burst out crying all in caps, next, no fun, not worth it to exclamation points. Look, it's not signed, it's not dated, but it certainly sounds like. Look, we have gotten from the Epstein files dump a lot of his writings and a lot of the way he speaks when he writes things out, and what his handwriting looks like. Doesn't this sound familiar based on all of those other documents that you've seen and read.
Speaker 2: No, no, not for me. Now, others who have been studying those longer tell me that those are phrases that he used consistently. Bust out crying, that's a strange thing. You wouldn't hear a sixty year old man necessarily using that. That's unique fun, just throwing fun in the way.
Speaker 1: What's the phrase I.
Speaker 3: Do you no fun, not worth it?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not digain that sixty year old do? You don't necessarily think it would stand out if you heard somebody is a talking like this. Now, other folks who have been going through the Epstein files and the Epstein Dump for months recognize those phrases. Yes, and they say absolutely that I don't think that's like a coincidence.
Speaker 1: Bros. That's not just a common phrase folks just throw out no.
Speaker 3: And look, his cellmate claims that his lawyers had handwriting experts authenticate the note. And there's a reason why his cellmate had a vested interest in this note, and we can explain all of that and how it came about. So this federal judge unsealed and released this unverified, alleged Jeffrey Epstein suicide note because the New York Times asked this judge to The New York Times asked this judge to do so because of two things. Yes, they heard what his former cellmate had said on a podcast, and they say in that DOJ document dump with millions of documents, they saw a reference, A veiled reference is how they described it, to a possible suicide note. So with those two references, they went to the judge to ask for this note to be uncil.
Speaker 2: So these documents, the Epstein document started being released at the end of last year, millions of stuff coming out publicly from the DOJ.
Speaker 1: But the DOJ say, what, there's a suicide note. Rose. That was wild to me that they were.
Speaker 2: After all this back and foot one of the biggest centers of the controversy, and one of the biggest questions is whether or not he had actually killed himself. And the DOJ and all of this time. What there's a suicide note.
Speaker 1: That's wild.
Speaker 3: It's disturbing, is what it is. The spokesperson told The New York Times that they had never seen this note before. That is crazy. So how did this suicide note end up in Nicholas Tartaglione? Is that how you say his a Tartan Tartaglioni. That's how it is, Nicholas Tartaglioni. How did it end up in his case file sealed?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Because Tartaglioni says he found the note in his graphic novel.
Speaker 1: He said, you just love that detail for some reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because of course he put it in a graphic novel. Isn't that also part of I guess it's authenticity that that's exactly where Jeffrey Epstein would put an alleged suicide note. But look, this is what his cellmates said on the podcast. He said, Jeffrey Epstein tried killing himself when he was in the cell with me. I woke up, I brought him back with CPR and to prove this point, Jeffrey Epstein wrote a suicide note. It was in my book. Yeah, when I got back into the cell, I opened my book to read and there it was, and he wrote it and stuck it in the book. So this is what he says on the podcast, and he says he gave the note to his lawyers in case Epstein continued to claim that he attacked him, because that is what Epstein initially said when he was found in his jail cell with a it was described as a homemade looking noose around his neck and fetal position with a mark around his neck. He claimed initially that his cellmate tried to attack him.
Speaker 2: So this is where the problem lies. Why is this guy who essentially has nothing to do with Epstein's case and all this has been going on nationally, why is he holding the cards, if you will, for a note that is quite relevant robes to the whole Epstein discussion. Well, once he handed it to his attorney, you have attorney client privilege. Therein lies the issue. So it's in his file. It has been closed, it has been sealed because it is considered a part of an attorney client privilege, and it just sat there. It's been sitting for seven years, as we've been arguing over whether or not this man killed himself, the note is sitting there.
Speaker 1: This story will never end.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm shaking my head. I know you can't see it. Because the idea that this back and forth over whether or not Jeffrey Epstein actually died by suicide, knowing this entire time that there was a suicide note from a suicide attempt that happened approximately two weeks give or take before Jeffrey Epstein actually did die by suicide. The relevance of that is enormous, and the fact that the DOJ didn't even know it existed is kind of hard to even get our heads around.
Speaker 1: Because you ask Roomes, what else?
Speaker 2: Because this is significant, Like this is not some just random new little nugget that came out. What else do we not know? I knows impossible. This is the one of these centerpieces of the controversy. Obviously somebody killed him, because these powerful men are protecting their secrets, so somebody killed them. Then you had the the worst prison workers ever, no offense to them, but Robes that night they were didn't they missed some of their duties. They were googling sleep, some random stuff, and you put that together and say, wow, on the night that he died, they just so happened to have their heads turned. That will make you questions, absolutely, but it's also possible they were bad employees.
Speaker 1: He did die by suicide. It's possible all these things happened.
Speaker 3: Yes, And it was also noted that when the judge asked for responses from basically the cellmates, lawyers and the DOJ whether or not he should release them release this possible note, the lawyers for the cell mates said, hell, yeah, this is exactly what you know. He's already made statements to this fact. This actually just bolsters his claim, said this note does in fact exist. The DOJ's response was interesting. They said, there appears to be strong public interest in the circumstances surrounding Epstein's death as described in the unsealing motion. That said, because the government has no knowledge as to the accuracy of the factual narrative described in the unsealing motion, the government defers to the court. It was a very passive statement by the government.
Speaker 2: Okay, they could have summed that up just by saying whatever and going on, Okay, fine, but nobody objected.
Speaker 3: There was no pushback to this ropes yes, and so that is why the judge finally released this and unsealed it and released this possible suicide note for everyone now to say, holy hell, cannot believe this was here the entire time, and we.
Speaker 2: Are look, we've putting piecing together what his some of the phrases. Again, you could say it looks like, yes, this is an authentic note. We have to say, though, row nobody has independently authenticated yes. This note to say yes for sure looks like by the layperson's test, just the eyeball test, looks like the hand right yes.
Speaker 3: And we'll hear maybe more from the cellmates lawyers who claimed that they did have a handwriting expert authenticated for his case, just in case this needed to come up again. So it'll be interesting to hear from them, and certainly we'll have some folks be analyzing this in the days to come to see if I don't know how you officially authenticated, I guess some official, well respected expert could possibly say yes or no, And then we could maybe say we feel beyond a reasonable doubt that this in fact was from Jeffrey Epstein. Well, when we come back We're going to talk about the questions surrounding Jeffrey Epstein's first suicide attempt that this note depicts. There are a lot of interesting details surrounding what happened on July twenty third, twenty nineteen. Welcome back, everyone to this episode of Amy and TJ, where we are talking about a massive story in the Jeffrey Epstein saga. Yes, his purported suicide note has been unsealed and released to the public by a judge after The New York Times asked him to do so. This note that the DOJ claims they didn't even know existed, is now available for all of us to read and to see and to contemplate, to put into context. If this, in fact is real, it appears that it likely is. Does this calm down the folks who believe that Jeffrey Epstein was murdered?
Speaker 2: I don't know it was going to be well. I actually just wrote that note down to ask you. This is fairly new. It came out last night, the news and the notes started getting around. I haven't seen a whole lot of reaction. Maybe there isn't a lot yet, but are people already pushing and saying this isn't authentic? Are calling this note into question?
Speaker 3: I everyone that I every publication that I have read so far, it all is reading as though this does seem fairly legit. So it'll be interesting to see what this does to the conspiracy theorists out there and the reason why there are still so many conspiracy theories. Beyond just the obvious that we've stated that, yes, he had information about powerful men and women who wouldn't have wanted him to live to see a court date, but beyond that, the incident surrounding July twenty third of this purported first suicide attempt. Yes, we mentioned he was found in fetal position with a homemade fashioned noose around his neck, but because of Epstein's own words in the day after and the days that followed, it made it seem as though he didn't try to kill himself. He told a psychologist initially, yes, he said that his roommate or his cellmate tried to kill him, but he pretty quickly recanted that, told a psychologist the next day that TARTAGLIONI didn't threaten to harm him, and then he just started saying, I have no recollection of the incident, and so that caused some questions. He then went further and said, I have no interest in killing myself, point blank told a psychologist is he said, I am too vested in my case to not fight it. I have a life and I want to go back to living my life. So when you hear those types of comments that are in a report from a notable psychologist, that fuels the theory that no, see, he didn't he didn't try to die. He didn't want to die. He wanted to fight. He wanted to maybe call out all these other people who had been a part of his life. So that adds to the speculation.
Speaker 1: Obviously, what a doctor should we try?
Speaker 2: A doctor would know if somebody was just bs in them, because this could also just sound like a guy who was trying to get a doctor off's back and make sure they don't put him on suicide watch. It could easily be dismissed as that. But yes, that does fly in the face of the story everything. There's no consistency of the narrative he tried to kill himself, he didn't want to kill himself. He's writing a note that says he wants to die. He's telling a doctor he doesn't wants to die. The guy assaulted me, he did all the back. Nothing is a consistent theme, so that yes, the doubts will continue to be there. This is the closest I have seen robes to putting a button on the question about the suicide.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think for a lot of folks, like I said, who were on the fence but leaning towards just where the evidence is pointing, I think this note, especially if it can be officially authenticated, will will put a lot of those theories to rest or to bed for a lot of people. There will always be people who will never believe that he died by suicide. But I do think that a large group of people who might we who maybe were waiting to see or not necessarily having a form of opinion, this might be the smoking gun they were looking.
Speaker 2: We'll see probably more and more to the authenticating the note.
Speaker 1: They put it out of me. Everybody has access to it.
Speaker 2: There are handwriting experts working on it this morning, and they will be on podcasts and they will be confirming or not confirming. All of that stuff will be out probably today. It wrote some of that Why why hold on to it? The attorneys knew good in hell, well, all the debate and going on in the country about Epstein, and they did they not realize or forget they were holding on them.
Speaker 3: It was just gonna imagine, Well, maybe they forgot, Really, you're gonna forget about having seen and having given the court this document that you know, would had been of incredible interest and would have been real possible information in all the speculation that's been going on now for seven years.
Speaker 1: So you're saying it's not possible they forgot about it.
Speaker 3: I just can't imagine. But I don't know why they wouldn't have brought attention to it. I'm not sure. It's unclear. I mean, maybe they did just get really busy, and maybe.
Speaker 2: They just don't give a damn. It's not there and the Epstein stuff is not in their lane. I don't know, oh, if they were holding on. But it's possible the document that was in the Epstein files, who the one that timeline that chronology that mentioned that there was a note?
Speaker 1: Where did that come from? Whose was that that was.
Speaker 3: Within the Department of Justice's documents. But I think the point being that there were so many millions of these documents that it slipped by or it went unnoticed by DJ folks, and it took the New York Times, who was painstakingly going through all of these documents, to put together this podcast interview that hissell made. By the way, gave it the end of last year, but put it together with this one document that they said made a veiled reference to a suicide note, and then the wherewithal to say, let me go after this case file and see if we can find it. So good on the New York Times, we now have more information, which is always a good thing in a case that has fascinated this country and frankly this world now for quite some time. I'm sure it's not over yet. With that, everyone, we always appreciate you listening to us. I'm Aye Roebuck alongside T. J. Holmes.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you sooner