Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, hey, be a listeners, and we're back and this is broadcast to you by the so Apocalypse of No Blizzard twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: We all remember, we just wanted to have one last show before we all die. Yeah, okay, say goodbye. It's been real. We're buried in the fut of snow tomorrow. Say I left any any last respective.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, stay brown, stay beautiful.
Speaker 2: I want to say, oh Jay, did it not my president?
Speaker 3: Yes? All looks are good. Darn it. Now I want to change.
Speaker 2: I want to change on people think about their last meals. I think about what I'm gonna eat everybody, Like if I had a chance, what.
Speaker 3: Would your last meal beal be? If you had to have last meal?
Speaker 2: Oh god, it would be like a big old bowl of cereal? Really is that?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I if you guys know this about me yet, but I have a serial addiction. It is something I have been struggling with. And I'm I'm I'm serious about when I say addiction, Like I the same way I think people are addicted to crack alcohol like that is me and cereal. If there's a box, it calls to me it'll be consumed. And I've been fighting it my whole life. I've been I was sober for probably a few months. But in honor of snow apocalypse, future husband went to the grocery store for the essentials. What did you come home with? Banana muffins, Reese's Puff, cereal I can't, and some ginger beer. So yeah, I just broke my own sobriety. I had a couple Reese's Puff. He left the house for five minutes, and I was if you left me alone with it? He said, this is on your conscience, not mine. You know what happens me and cereal do not. It can't. So anyway, that long story short, that i'd be my last meal probably just a huge ass bowl of cereal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yes, sea puffs, I mean there is. It's weird because I'm not a cereal addict. For normal grown people cereal, but give me a fruit loopy, puffy, chocolatey peanut buttery foolishness, and I'm like, where's the milk?
Speaker 2: Have you, as an adult person, tried to eat fruity pebbles?
Speaker 3: That's it's just straight trash. I mean, there's incorrecting.
Speaker 2: I tried eating it recently and I was like, oh, this is like quench fruit like paper this discussion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, but you know, there's some cereals that translate well in adulthood. Apple jacks, for example. Oh, it's the favorite.
Speaker 2: I would tear up some apple jacks right now. Not even not even apple jacks. When when I was a kid growing up, my mom we used to get the generic cereal that came in the back, and it was like apple Jo's. I thought that it that's not what they're actually called. That totally forget what they're called now. But anyway, like ingles, we had angles in Georgia and yeah, like cinnamon O's or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that shit was.
Speaker 2: Delicious and it was always better than the real stuff because it had way more sugar.
Speaker 3: I feel like there was no regulation.
Speaker 2: I know, cereal tastes not as good the sugar like fruit. If you eat frosted flakes today that has about one third of the sugar. I think this is actually true of when we were kids. Really, Yeah, that's why I can't do math anymore. All that sugar addled my brain.
Speaker 3: Well, what about the fact that back when we were kid I don't know. If I'm older than you. But they used to actually have great toys in Cereal. But I'm like, what happened to the awesome toys?
Speaker 2: They remember toys in Cereal? And then I remember when it switched over to like mail in this this box top and you might qualify for free, became.
Speaker 3: An online marketer. They're like, ask your parent if you can go No, I don't want that, give me my toy inside this spot, like literally I would. There was this one toy. It was called the Wacky WallWalker. Oh my god. It was literally like this jelly mask that they shaped in the shape of like a small octopus, and you threw it against the wall Mandy, and it crawled down the wall. It was everything.
Speaker 2: I wait a second, I think I had some of those. All those ooey gooey toys were very in like I had flubbered goo. I had that silly putty, and then there was just straight up goo. It'd be like eight dollars a container and it was just goop. Why why I wish my This is why I don't want to have children. I have to buy things like Goop. And I'm like, why did my parents even We're way off? Where did we even startop? Did you stock up on snacks for the snow? If you guys don't know, if you're not in the Northeast region, we have a giant blizzard hitting us tomorrow. So everyone's listening their damn minds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went, I'm not gonna lie. I had already food choping, maybe a few days ago, but you know, like I went, like normal food chopping. But I was like, there's difference between normal food chopping and snow food chopping. So I went back this morning, I was like, I need snacks because you know, you remember.
Speaker 2: We were what is it with the snacks? It's a normal day, I don't know. Fiance went and got biscuits. He's like, I'm gonna have a I'm gonna have a bacon cheese biscuit. I'm like, but it's a Tuesday. You didn't even need breakfast during the week.
Speaker 4: So I remember we were supposed to have like a like a blizzard, I don't know, earlier in the winter and it didn't happen, and people were like, or it happened like it waited like you know, it was supposed to happen like five and it didn't hapen till like midnight, and people were like, so I finished my snacks, what do I do now?
Speaker 2: I think people in New York are just as bad as people in Georgia. I used to people they give Southerners so much crap because we'll be like all the shelves at Walmart will be empty of all the bottle water and bread. But New Yorkers are the same. The line was outside, like around the block of Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and fair Away, like we can't we but I think that we celebrated more. We're like, oh yeah, this is an excuse to get snacks and liquor and you know, hole up and like have parties and stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm just I can't like it's so crazy cause I'm like, I'm all acting like I can't wait. Meanwhile, I work from home. This is a literally a normal day for me.
Speaker 2: But nothing you see I have. I'm staying home tomorrow, but I have to work as long as the internet is alive. Unfortunately, that means I'll be working. Deonte Boo works as a government so they can't take anything home.
Speaker 3: So he's like, wea, I know, right, well, my fiance Boo, he he's an essential worker, so he's like, great, essential. Yeah, so he has to go out and like because he works for the city and he works for housing, so he they consider him in essential work on he has to come out here and make sure that like the sidewalks are saved all that kind of stuff. So he's like, whoop be. Meanwhile, he's got like a cold, so you know, right now he's dying in bed like somebody's. I bought like, you know, like a liquid medicine for him, and so I'm reading the back and it says two teaspoons every four hours. So it comes with a cup, so I pour it. He said, whoa, whoa, whoa. That's a lot. And I'm like, sir. I was like, sir, this is too tee. He's like, I don't believe you. So he took the package from me and is reading the documents on the back, the small print like hmmm, I'm like, it's two te it's two tables woo and that tea spoil. That's two tables. So that's what it says. And then the cup it's only like one line. One line says one table sewing, the other one says two. I'm like, look at like we debated for like five minutes. I'm like, sir, drink the dag on medicine. He took it like a five year old, like it's nasty. I'm like, meanwhile, you're thirty six.
Speaker 2: You gotta just throw it back, man, throw it back. Don't let it touch your tongue. Just straight back the shooter. That's what you got to do.
Speaker 3: Since I was it is that but like you'll feel better. But I just thought, like, I'm like, is he debating me over the He says, that's too much? That's that cannot possibly be. The serving flies like, what if you're competent enough to string together that sentence, then you can get up.
Speaker 2: I feel like I always make up my own dosages for medicine to I don't know it's worked out so far. Like like fiance, he always tells me I take too much. I'm like, no, I can take three. I be proof and it's okay. It's fine. Yeah, three time and all it's fine. It's a really bad headache. Two doesn't do it. I feel like I've built up a tolerance or something like that's just a suggestion, you know, for the FDA. I got this.
Speaker 3: He's not like my friend Linda she'll be like, well, technically you can really take up to I'm like, Linda, I'm not trying to die based upon your your rudimentary advice that.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, I have to talk about this before I'm like bursting with it. So I know you probably haven't yet, but I know a lot of people have seen get Out the movie. I did you actually, Oh my god, tip look at you. That's probably the first time I've seen a movie that you've also seen. Let's talk about it. Did it not like I don't? First of all, I hate scary movies. I don't see them. Oh good, Yeah, I never ever ever see scary movies. I don't want to be I feel like you shouldn't pay money for someone to scare you, like to make me uncomfortable? Why am I paying for that? Everyone was talking about get Out, so I felt like I had to see it. It was so good, so creepy.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you know it was so weird because, like you, honestly I hate scary I don't, so I didn't. Honestly, I didn't want to see that. First, I thought, well, but everyone was like in my time, I was like, got to see it, got to see it. So I said, Okay, I'm gonna go, and I went with them with Superman and I was pleasantly surprised. It's not scary as much as it is a thriller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I like by thriller. H suspenseful, like you don't know what the hell is going on, but you're.
Speaker 3: Like, what is happening? And then you're like oh mg. And then first of all, someone wrote that you have to watch Get Out to get the full effect, and if possible in the middle, like at the most hood movie theater that you can watch.
Speaker 2: It in go to New Bill which is where I went.
Speaker 3: That wasn't amazing, Yes, because if it's filled with people of color, it is everything everything. It was so delightful to be in a room full of people of color who were yelling at the screen because the folks that I told you to leave her this is what you say.
Speaker 2: Well, well, for everybody who hasn't seen it yet, you want to turn, you want to like skip forward about five minutes because we need to talk about what happened in this movie. It's a it covers race, it covers it was. It was like the most thought provoking horror suspense movie I think I've seen in a long time. But you know what's funny is so if you if you so. The film, of course, is about a white woman who's dating a black man. I mean, amazing actor. What was his name. He's a British guy, he's a he's a newbie, just did an amazing performance. So she takes him home to meet her family. What I love about the movie is her her family. It would have been really easy for him to like set it in the South and oh, her racist southern parents, but he the girl. Her family is like New York upper upper upper middle class white people, like liberals, progressives, like the kind of people who say, oh, I'm hashtag woke. You know, I have lots of black friends. I voted for Obama, and he makes them like the villains. I thought I thought that was like a brilliant stroke. But anyway, she takes the home and he's like nervous to meet her family. They don't know that he's black yet and needless to not even needless to say what, so hold on, there's it's so much. So he finds out slowly that they have been hypnotizing black men swapping and a woman yes and stealing their bodies and replacing their brains with the brains of white people and letting and then so they can be cool and hip and in fashion, and then they they they they keep these new people like pets. It's so fucking crazy crazy.
Speaker 3: And so because you start to recognize so one like so when when the when his name is Chris in the movie. And so when Chris goes to meet his girlfriend's parents and family, he noticed a gardener and a maid who the maid is a black woman and the gardener's a black man, and they seem very strange. You know, He's like, what is happening? Like you know how like, well, if you're a person of color in general, there are certain norms that you expect, you know, like certain things that you say that even if you're you know, from down south or up north, but there's still certain things that you know are just part of our culture. But that I would say a good percentage of people, even if they don't partake in it. You just know, like certain phrases that you use. And so he was using them with them and they were like confused, like what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: He was a black guy, a fist bump, and he like Yeah, grabbed his you know, did like the the classic move where you like, you know, you put your hand around it like it's a handshake. Awkward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I forget what he said to the woman. He said something to her like, oh, something like I forget what it whatever it is. Oh.
Speaker 2: When he said that, he's he gets a little weirded out when there's so many white people around, and then she starts crying. Real creepy.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was Wheelchild. There was so much creepiness to it that you I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I just kept waiting for like the thing to happen. And then when they started bidding him off, I was like, oh ah not.
Speaker 2: That almost made me cry. I was like, what's happening? Yeah, they were bidding on him just like an old slave days, like when you would bid on you know, black slaves. And the whole time they're like touching him and asking him what kind of sports do you play? You're so strong? It was it was a like a modern it what I it was the the movie everyone sort of it was like the acknowledgment that this fake post racial America is just a bunch of bs that's what Jordan Peele was was putting out there like we ain't, we ain't passed this, but did you know, like there was what's funny? I was reading some commentary apps. So I live in Jersey City. We went to the theater here. It's a very diverse theater. I feel like everyone in the theater was we were waiting for the twist. We knew she was up to no good. Like I knew Alison Williams was not like the woke, nice like savior of the movie, and like I was just waiting for Alison Williams to turn or whatever. But then I read that like a lot of people who weren't of color were shocked that she like had There was two different reactions depending on race to the twist where Alison Williams character Rose the daughter, ends up being in on it with the family, and then at the very end when the cop car shows up and yeah, she's on the ground and she's reaching for him, reaching for the cops and she's like help me.
Speaker 3: Every Blacks was like he's about to die.
Speaker 2: This is how it's gonna end. And then but then when it's a t wh it's Rod, Oh my god, Rod.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Yo, the whole theater erupted.
Speaker 2: Like small, let me give tsa agents cop cards. But I loved it. It was a nice the cop car set airport security, like he's steal that car from Thank God for him, Thank God for him. That movie would have been way too stressful without his comments.
Speaker 3: Belief. Yeah, and that's what I liked about it that Jordan. First of all, the fact that you know, for like, for those people who don't know the director, he's like a comedian known for like silliness and like if you ire.
Speaker 2: And peel, that felt like a two hour can Peel skit, but like way better than anything they've ever done. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it was just wow. Yeah, well yeah, when I saw a cop car, I said, oh damn, they're not gonna believe him. But I'm not gonna lie and I'm not even bloodthirsty. But when he started to take the family out at the end, I was like, get god.
Speaker 2: I was so satisfying.
Speaker 3: Everybody would scream me in the theater, and I said, wow, there's a lot of pent up aggression in office because we were all so angry, you know, in like you know, of course in the movie kind of way. But you could say there was all those pent up like we have power and control now, like that we were living it through him, you know.
Speaker 2: Well just the entire first two thirds of the movie is him with all of the just facing all these microaggressive things people are saying to him, all these side comments and having a smile through it at that party with all her family's friends. And I feel like everyone can relate to that sort of you know, in small part or large part, like being the only one and walking around having people asking you these questions like oh, so you're an athlete, right, or hey, you know, let me touch your hair like that kind of stuff, you know, and I think, yeah, so, I think by the end of the movie, you're just so. It brought up a lot of, I think a personal experiences for people too. I mean, obviously, like I don't think there's been people. I mean, I don't think there's been people removing parts of black men and women's brains and you know, replace them with their own. But I was just you know, to get the I was just listening to a little while ago of really just a story I never heard about about the origin of gynecology. Okay, there's a statue of a famous surgeon in Central Park who was the father of gynecology. How he developed the techniques that now save women's lives and help us with our with our our our reproductive health. He practiced on the bodies of female slaves without anesthesia. He would operate on them, operate on black women without their consent, dozens and dozens of dozens of times. There's three women in particular. And so it's not so far fetched. Yeah, like the themes he explores in the movie, it's not that crazy, it's.
Speaker 3: Not that crazy, Like you remember what happened that is it the Tuskegee experiment where they gave all of these black men syphilists to seem like the state like, it's not that far either, are these are people who would still be a live today. This it's not so far gone that this this couldn't have been your grandfather. And so, you know, people like to pretend that like, oh, you know you and this racism stuff, it's gone. Uh No, it's not gone. Like I think that this current election, this past election has shown that it was never gone like we like people have colored has been saying for the longest that it's not gone. It's been here. It has not gone away. And just because people have you know, masted in other ways, you know, doesn't mean that it was gone. It's just the movie was such a you know, for me, it was a release like afterwards, you know, you leave racially charged movies angry and tight. I'm telling you, like, I watched it in like hood of Newark, Like it's who owns it? Uh? The basketball player? Uh not Kobe Bryant, a really tall one, Shack. Shack owns it.
Speaker 2: That really tall basketball player. What's his name?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: The one?
Speaker 3: Oh right, So Shack owns the movie because he grew up in Newark and built this really nice movie theater called City Plex. I happen to like it. Some people are like, I don't think I went out.
Speaker 2: Where we met up that one time.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yep, So that city Plex, right, So it was there, and it was the movie theater was full so much so we had to sit up front, and so it was full. And sometimes I you know, go into the movies with a bunch of brown folks and it's full, You're like, oh my god, shut up. But it was like, honestly that people were quiet when they needed to be yelling when they needed to be, and we all left with a peth in our step. When I say people are like after you, Madam.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, well think you know. I think what people like too is and I liked to I liked it too, is that it didn't Santa. It didn't like, give you one white hero. It was like, oh no, you thought she was cool? Nah, bruh. She's also like crazy. There was no white savior. It was Rod from TSA, okay from and Chris. Chris survived. You know, usually in horror films they say the black guys always first to die. He was the last one to walk out of that film. There was no white heroes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the savior. I love that. Yeah, great movie. If you haven't seen it and you're just now tuning back in because you don't want to hear the spoilers, go see get Out.
Speaker 2: Bring all your friends of different colors and just I feel like everyone should see it. I want my mom to go see it. She probably won't. I'm still trying to get her hidden figures. She's like, that's not for me. I want to see Sully, all right.
Speaker 3: Thought it was good though it was.
Speaker 2: Though it was but you know, different, different audience, but it was a good film.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, so before we die, we should probably get on with buzz brown breaks and brown boosts.
Speaker 3: Right, And so this is kind of like a slowly simmering brown break for me because I don't know. I just until I saw today. I don't know where I was, but I saw a bottle of water that said gluten free.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, low calorie diet water.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I'm so tired of people like gluten. First of all, most people do not have gluten analogy, like like you just don't, you know, like so you don't need to remove it from your diet. Like so if you have a gluten analogy, you will know. Your doctor will let you know because you're gonna have these reactions. It's okay. So to all this gluten free everything, especially stuff that's already gluten free, like we know, ma'am, Like water doesn't cover gluten. There's no need to label a gluten free. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I feel like processed in a factory where bread products are there. No, this is your break, you go on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I just want to break from like I feel like it's like a badge of honor. I think I've read an article once that suburban moms that it's almost a badge of honor to be able to say, well, you know, Connor has a gluten analogy, a nut allergy, and a cheese dysfunction, so we could only eat milkshakes with like soy on Wednesdays. Like, it's almost like a badge of honor to like that your child is like riddled with disease.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, we're about to get some hate mail if we talk about parenting. But like, you know, our are I consider him my little I guess technically he's my cousin, but we're not even and I'm not married in the family. But anyway, our cousin's son who's two, has a bunch of little allergies and as a baby. But the mom is like, well, if we we're gonna try and slowly introduce some things later, because apparently when you're young, you're kind of allergic to everything, and if the parent, like if the mom doesn't eat a lot of some foods when she's pregnant, then apparently it can increase the odds of being allergic to stuff. But I do feel like parents know too much now, Like we just know too much, and like that makes you afraid to have people try different things. And yeah, I think there's like the overall like sanitation of like kids' lives now or I mean again, I don't have any of my own, but I do feel like I don't envy parents now because there's just way too much information then and if you read too much, everything is bad for kids.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean one thing my mom used to tell us. I remember, like you know, like she said, go outside and play, get dirty. She was a nurse, and so even when she used to say people overuse antibacteria, she said, like she said, people overuse it like the only time, like we would if we were watching the dishes. My mom had regular soap like dan or whatever, and then she had antibacterial soap to wash dishes, and we were only allowed to use the antibacterial so if we were cleaning up after like cutting up raw chicken over our raw meat. She was like, Other than that, she said, you cannot get rid of all bacteria, then you do not build an immunity to and then you're susceptible to sickness. Even more so, so she was like really big on like you know, you don't you can be clean. It doesn't have to be bacteria free, because not all bacteria is terrible and bad for you. And I just feel like, like you said, there's this over sanitization. Is that a word? Yeah, sanitizing, right, And so I just like, I'm just like, I'm so sick of everything is you know, it's gluten free? You know it's gluten free. You're like, Carl, you do you need to be gluten free? Cause a minute ago you were eating gluten. You didn't even know what gluten was. Now everything gluten free. They're like, you know this this uh, this, you know, burrito filled with everything else that's terrible for you is gluten free. Though, You're like, well that what does that mean? Yeah? So I'm just like over it and I'm taking a brown break, not necessarily from gluten free, but just from everything having to have this random label for a small sector of the population that already knows they can't have gluten. The rest of y'all are.
Speaker 2: Fine, I do I've never seen that before. Well, real quick, I'll say, two of my best friends and my bridesmaids are do you have gluten allergies? So one of them is severely has a gluten allergy where like, and it's always me who screws the things up. So we have this camping trip every year and glamping and we don't like stay in tense most of the time. And like this year, I mean every year, I do something stupid and I mess up something and she can't eat with it or whatever because she's so severely allergic to gluten that if you cook, if you cook like a grilled cheese in one pan, she can no longer eat anything out of that pan because the residue from the gluten is in the pan. Like it is serious, and she gets very very ill. And she's been tested and all that. And of course, like last year I was using I was cooking like breakfast, and I was like, dude, and I'm gonna worm up my tortilla and put it on my poor Diana's gluten freeze like pristine pan. I had to like buy her new pants. It was a whole deal. And then my other friend wasn't it doesn't have a gluten allergy, but if you stop eating gluten. And I've discovered this too with my lactose intolerance. As soon as I stopped eating cheese, I made myself even more allergic to it. So before I could I could sneak a little bit here or there. Now I'm just screwed, like I'm too sensitive to it.
Speaker 3: You take the gluten all the way out and reintroducing it if like, let's just say you just take it ucause you're like, oh, it's better for me, although you don't have the allergy, reintroducing it it's very difficult. I've heard that. That's why I'm like, I just I don't you know, I don't subscribe to like well girl unless you really are lactolton tolerant or what. I'm not saying that, you know, if you're like vegan or whatever, but just know that if you're going to take the gluten now, then bringing it back in is going to be difficult without feeling sick.
Speaker 2: I also think if you like some people who say they're gluten free, they like have a salad like O, I'm being gluten free today, but tomorrow I'll have a bread. If you're really if like you're like my friend Diana, bless her heart, it is not a fun life, Like it is not fun to not be able to eat anything. She'll just show up with like a bag of peanut Eminem's and she's like, this is my dinner because there's no gluten free there's you know, you can't eat at restaurants. We'll go out and eat delicious brunches and she's like, I'll just eat these nuts. You know, it's not it's not a fun life. But uh, I totally get it. Gluten free water is ri donkeulous.
Speaker 3: Doculous. Yes, I'm like, what, ma'am, doesn't it come gluten free? Are you people injecting gluten into her water? Like what happened?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna do a brown boost this week. I could go either way because I'm three weeks away from the big w day and I kind of lost my gd mind last week, Like I reached the point of like sanity breakage between work and like wedding stuff. And you know, I've I've up until this point, I've been really like lucky. The wedding planning has been going fine. We're not going broke. Everything is cool, it's all working out. But this week was the week when everyone decided to start bothering me and there was guestless drama and one cousin didn't feel like her boyfriend was invited, and it was a whole ordeal and all of a sudden getting calls for my mother, who heard it from my aunt, who heard it from my uncle, who heard it from so his daughter, and like it's just crazy family stuff. But and then you know, just you know, work has been insane because I'll be gone two weeks and so I've been trying to plan ahead for all of April. But so I'm gonna take the negative and turn it into a boost. So the only reason I survived last week were two things. One Cabernet salmono, thank you very much, yeah, And two two was I started this group we randomly, I don't know how, I think someone, you know, we went to a baby shower together, and then a bunch of my girlfriends ended up on a group text together, which could be the worst thing ever when you're on a group text and you just get tired of it because it's always pinging and you you don't want to be involved or whatever. But this group text with all like these five or six women, and I think all but two of us have small children, and anyway, we just during the week we just like started texting and like opening up about all we were going through and like griping and like venting, and I really felt like they dug like it helped me get out of my hole of like deep dark ickiness. So I in that moment, I've never felt so strong. I didn't say it because I didn't want to be weird, but I was like, I literally I understand how important it is in this moment to have girlfriends in your life, because being a woman is so freaking hard sometimes, and I this week, I'm like, this is not fair. It is so freaking hard. I've got to look good for the wedding. I worry about my hair. I've got to watch what I eat. I've gotta be a badass at work. I've got to manage crazy colleagues. I've gotta I've gotta deal with all this crap from the wedding. And like, you know, they're never blowing up the man's phone when there's issues with the wedding. It's always you know, the woman who gets all the questions and like and then you gotta cook, and you gotta clean, and you gotta like be you know, presentable, and and I could go on and on. There's it just really felt like everything this week was just like the like the world was just screaming like like you're a woman, and that just means we're just gonna dump on you, you know. So I really I just wanted to say to my girlfriends, who probably don't know how much they helped me just listening and letting me vent. And we all just kind of like let each other vent. And you know, they were complaining because you know, one of the husbands mixed the baby formula wrong and we all were like, yeah, we clean off a lot of pea off the toilet seat. That's crazy. And just that little like bit of release was really nice. And also the wine helped. But yeah, that was it was rough. I'm not gonna lie. I'm this week. I'm determined to Like I've been to three dance classes. I went to dance class Friday, Saturday, and Sunday because that's the only thing I feel like I can do. Besides, I was like, I can't just keep drinking, so I went to dance class to like destress and that helped. But I'm really like, I don't want to go nuts. It's not a good look. Yeah, we don't have much time before the world ends, so let's move on.
Speaker 3: It's man, anybody has some some cues. They need some a's for I like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I liked it too. Oh real quick, I need to tell you what I watched last week for the first time ever. Thank you for being in a friend. It was time for the gold Yes, my first time ever watching the Golden Girls. Like sitting through an episode. It was probably one of the highlights of the week. It was a very bad week.
Speaker 3: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It's freaking hilarious. H hilarious.
Speaker 3: Wait, who is your favorite?
Speaker 2: Ruth is the Shade Queen? Like so much?
Speaker 3: I'm like, Ruth, you have a call by their like stage name.
Speaker 2: Tall Skinny, Oh, the tall one.
Speaker 3: Dorothy, the Shade Queen. Okay, Dorothy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't is there her nickname Ruth? I feel like they called her Ruth. Dorothy is a shade Queen and every remark is sarcastic and fabulous. But I want to know where the gay son that was in first episode though he disappeared.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, he didn't like they they honestly you'll see as you start to watch more. They tackled a lot of things that you're like, really back at this time, Like they tackled transgender transgender back then.
Speaker 2: Did they? Yeah, I watched the first three.
Speaker 3: I think yeah, so that I think they they brought him on and then they were like, eh, I guess I don't know, he didn't test well or whatever, but yeah, so you won't see him like again. Yeah, I think he was like on for an episode or two and they were like, it didn't really. I guess it didn't really like resonate with the audience. They really because I guess it was mostly women watching, and they love the friendship, like that's what really made women come in and connect. So Blanche is a slut, like everybody loves Blanche. Right, So that's the one. You're like Blanche another man, right, roses Betty right right, she's the dumb one, hilarious. Yeah. And then the mom, she's the older one, the like the small little.
Speaker 2: Like Dorothy's mom. Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, she is tremendous. She is so like you see exactly where Dorothy got her shape from. I mean, I cannot wait, Mandy, Like I Golden Girls is everything, Like if things are not going right, I'm overwhelmed. I'm just like I can't live anymore. Golden Girls will bring me right out of that punk it is everything.
Speaker 2: That's it's hilarious. I would just want to let you know I took your recommendation. I watched it. Wow, good stuff. It's on Hulu. Catch up. Get with the picture you guys. If I can do it, you can do it.
Speaker 3: Got me.
Speaker 2: I'm like three decades late. Sorry about it, but now we'll get all the inside jokes. Okay, questions business, bidness, business, business business. We have two questions today that I have selected. This will obviously be what.
Speaker 3: They have questions where can they standle.
Speaker 2: Oh you can well, since the world is end tomorrow, you can just address those to like heaven, Brown Ambition in the Sky no Brownambition Podcast dot com. Go there and click the tab ask us anything you can send. It comes right to our inbox. But if you don't trust the internet, then you can just go email us directly at Brown Ambition Podcast at gmail dot com. And we do get all your questions. We may not get to all of them on the show because when we have limited time, but I do keep track of them and sometimes I answer them personally. So yeah, Brownambition Podcast at gmail dot com or site Bronambition podcast dot com. And I've lost my questions here. Okay, here they are Okay. Number one, this is from AVI. I think I said that writer ave AV. Currently, I have over twenty thousand dollars in credit card debt across three credit cards. One has twelve thousand something, the other one has four thousand, and the last one has three thousand. At the same time, she says, I have over twenty six thousand in savings across different accounts dedicated to different reasons. One savings account has a little over eleven thousand dollars, which I'm going to use for a down payment when I decide to buy a car. Right now, I do not have a car payment, and I'm trying to keep it that way for as long as I can. Driving in a nineteen ninety eight Toryota.
Speaker 3: Oh girl, me and you are twins. You can relate, but I'm fancy er. I have a ninety nine, so I'm fansy.
Speaker 2: The other two accounts are for travel, slash fund and emergencies. I've been thinking about paying off my debt with my savings, but I'm very afraid to do so. I like having the savings in case something happens, but then I think about how much more I could save if I got rid of the debt. What do you think should I use my savings to pay off my debt? And if so, how do I go about doing that without using too much of my savings? Excellent question.
Speaker 3: It is an excellent question, and she's in a unique position. Normally I tell people, definitely, pay off the one that is the lowest. But because she actually has enough to cover it all, and I'm not saying she should use it to cover it all, what I would say is which credit card is costing you the most, meaning which credit card has the highest interest rate, and at the very least get rid of that one. Pay that one of so at least you know, so, maybe it's a three thousand dollars one, just pay off the three Maybe it's the twelve thousand, then pay that one.
Speaker 2: Probably is the twelve thousand other one, Yeah, I know right, even if it's that's perfect credit. I have a great credit score. Even on my best credit card. My my interest rate is still like sixteen percent. Really mm hmm yep.
Speaker 3: My interest rate on my best credit card. That's because I locked it in when I got it. They had some rare promotion where if you're never late and never this and never that. My lowest credit card, my interest rate is like a five point something percent.
Speaker 2: Wow, when did you get that? Must have been years ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah, years ago? Like this is like when like I had to be it had to be almost like ten years ago. But I locked in that rate, but it were all these stipulations that went with it, and I was able to lock it in and so and then my other one, my my my oldest credit card, that interest rate is like.
Speaker 2: I have one of those too. I'm just like, just in case, I'll keep it. But there's there's no ways that she's saving money by not paying It's such as what I really is, what really I relate to with with her with AVI is that is the is the psycho the psychological factor here that she doesn't want to get rid of her savings because she's worked so hard. But logically it doesn't make sense to keep your money and hoard it and savings. But you're probably not earning more than point you know one, like you're probably not earning more than one percent. I think that's the best rate you can get, maybe one point five percent. I mean, you're spending so much more in interest, like unless and she doesn't mention her interest rates, but I let's assume that they you know, she's not having all this is on interest bearing credit cards. Like logically doesn't make sense. Psychologically, I can understand why it's so hard. Like we just got I just got a pretty sizeable tax refund and we had a we had our call with our financial planner last week, and I was thinking, oh, yes, this is gonna go right back in the bank because we're saying we just you know, spend this money on the wedding and that's this will cover so much and we can start replenishing. And then fiance bou was like, maybe we should put this on the car pay the car loan because we paid for the car half cash and we still had about half the loan left. And I was immediately I was like, but it's mine and I want to put it in savings. Ah my my refund. Why are you taking it for me? But then the planner was like, well, you know, I mean our car loan is what three percent, it's not two point seven something percent, it's not very high, but it's still three times as high as what I'm getting even in my ally account, you know, almost, So they convinced me not, I'm not putting the entire refund toward the car loan. My my justification for not putting it all toward the car loan was that, well, you know, if something terrible happens, we can't, like I don't know, I don't. I don't feel like a car is an investment, like you can sell it. I guess yes, but it's always depreciating. So for me, I'm not in a huge hurry to like pay it off. It's a low interest, so we're gonna put a chunk towards the car. I got talked into it, but to help me sleep at night, we're putting a little bit in savings too good. And I feel like maybe some sort of hybrid approach for her might.
Speaker 3: Be better, because I mean, even though you could be like, well, girl, you'll still have six thousands, I would save, it's hard for people to to, you know, adjust to that different from having twenty six thousand and having six. So I would. So either this is what I would say. Either you pay off the two smaller ones or pay off the larger one, whichever whichever the interest rate, whichever has the highest interest rate. So either you're paying like whatever it is, like what eight thousand or you're paying twelve, and then from there you could pay down the other one systematically if that makes you feel better, But that's what I would do. So save some, but definitely pay off some, because it's you're literally it's costing you money to save, Like that's crazy. You're losing money saving and it doesn't make sense to do it that way.
Speaker 2: And I think also too, you have to understand when you've saved enough, which might be hard for people. I'm a hoarder of savings. I'm like, I'll never have enough. Yeah, but at a certain point, you have twenty six thousand, you have probably more than enough to cover six months of living expenses and enough for your down payment. Maybe you know the travel fund you can take like a domestic travel trip or something. It sounds like you have plenty, So maybe stop saving as much as you've been saving and start putting aggressively everything you can toward paying down your debts. You know, take a little chunk, pay off that credit card or too credit cards or whatever, and then just start stop saving for a little while because you've got enough in liquid savings for if anything happened to you know, God forbid, something happens and you need money, you're covered. Take this time and start putting everything you can toward your debt that you've been putting towards savings now and just think of that as just try and change the way that you think about paying down your debt. Don't think of it as losing money. You're saving money by paying off that debt. It's just a matter of like rewriting, like rewiring your brain around saving and spending. Yeah, excellent question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a good question, all right.
Speaker 2: Next question is from Dominique. She says, I love the podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I am almost five years out of law school, and like many Newish lawyers, I have a mortgage on my brain. I don't know what she means on my brain. I have a mortgage totaling over two hundred thousand. Oh, she means student loans. I have a mortgage on my brain. That's clever. I didn't get it.
Speaker 3: That must be that lawyer so smart, Like is she thinking about margage on her brain? Like in her thought?
Speaker 2: She means she has over two hundred thousand dollars of student loan debt from law school. Got it? I'm with you, girl. I have worked for the government for the last four and a half years. My position qualifies me for public student loan forgiveness, which we requires a total of ten years in public service. So I'm almost halfway there my term position with my current employer's ending, and I'm trying to figure out whether I should stay in the government to get my loans forgiven, or work for a big private firm and make a salary that will allow me to pay my loans back in approximately eight years. While it may seem like an obvious decision to stay in government to get my loans forgiven, I ultimately want to work in private practice. In the transition to private practice after ten years in government can be extremely difficult. I really appreciate your perspectives, Miss Domino. I know what I'm going to sign.
Speaker 3: I I mean, of course, my first reaction was like, girl, you about to get your loans forgiven. But then so, this is what I would probably do, And this is what I used to tell like my best friend when she would already be like, oh, should I go for this job or this job? I'm not sure? I'm like, girl, have you applied and been offered? So I would say before you make a decision about to see which you know, if the money, because what if you apply and then the offer does not make sense financially, Like, so I would see, like you're assuming that you know you're going to get a job in private and that the private money is going to be enough, so there's no harm, and let's see because if it is going to be enough, then I would say make that move. Let the money make the decision for you. And then if it doesn't really make sense, is there things you could do on the side. So let's just say you work for government, are there things that you can do to still keep your foot in the private door if the money doesn't make sense to make that switch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know with fiance, he works for the government and we've talked with us before. He's like, I could make double my salary if I was in the private sector. Probably, But working in the government is super tempting because there's so many sweet benefits. He's got an awesome pension, Like who has a pension, who, like our age has pensions anymore. He will get his student loans forgiven eventually, his federal student loans. There's great job security once you're in you're kind of in and so I completely like can like the conundrum here, Like herd indecisiveness, I completely understand which is going through in terms of public student loan forgiveness. One thing I'll say is do the math, because sometimes you're not well. First of all, two hundred thousand dollars is a lot of student loan debt. I'm not sure if all that is federal loan debt. And when we talk about public student loan forgiveness, we're only talking about federal loan debt. So how much do you really stand to get forgiven? A lot of people I know who are have law degrees have a lot of private debt, and that private debt won't be included in this public student loan forgiveness program. First and foremost, so how much are you really going to be saving. You'll still probably be left with debt even if your loans are forgiven. And I totally agree with Tiffany, like you need to actually see on paper what you can stand to make in the private sector. Maybe there's some sweet sign on bonus that could help you take out a chunk of loans. You know, I need to get my little baby brother a shout out real quick though, because he graduated college in May with thirty thousand dollars in student loan debt. He has zero debt today. It's been less than a year. Well that's not true. He graduated over dang, wait he's old. Oh no, the time's would be too fast. He graduated Okay, sorry, okay, two years ago. He graduated was still amazing. So two years ago he graduated with thirty thousand dollars thirty thousand dollars student loan debt. He just made his last payment with the bonus check last month. And the reason he was able to do that is because he went from college and took a good paying job in sales that came with great potential to earn bonuses, and that he has a relatively normal like base salary, but it was the potential to earn all these bonuses and commissions. And he's been kicking ass and putting down you know, paying off his loans along the way. And I was like, Alex, they could fire you tomorrow and you would have just gotten such a huge return on your investment for that time you spend that job, because it gave you the financial ability to pay off your student loan debt.
Speaker 3: And if nothing like so, so you see, there's no right or wrong. It really just kind of like depends on like what will the market bear and where where does it make sense.
Speaker 2: So it's tough out there being a lawyer right now. It's hard to find jobs. You definitely. I feel like when you have a I say, don't stop looking like like be out there, be letting people know that you're looking for work in the private sector. Just put that message out there because you never know what will come your way. Don't It doesn't have to be like an ear or right now, like you can still put feelers out and be shopping around for the other work until you find that really sweet offer in the meantime what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, collect you're right, like chaperon, I like that till she finds that sweet offer that makes sense to jump jump public ship, you know.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, like you said, you're working toward you know, you're serving the country, which is awesome, and then you're working toward your public suited a loan forgive, which is also awesome. So you really like you're in a good place. Yeah, I think it's just going to depend on how sweet that private sector. Job offer is at the end of the day, you kind of have to do what you know works best for you and your dollars. But do the math, find out how much that debt's actually federal and how much you can stand to get forgiven after ten years. Yeah, good questions today. And I said, good questions today.
Speaker 3: I know you guys have you know, really good questions.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad I'm not alone. I have such a weird like mental block when it comes to saving money and like paying down things. I don't know. It's taken me a while.
Speaker 3: I'm realizing I took a So in my my liberature academy, you know, we just closed the registration. But last or last Sunday or Sunday before last, every Sunday we have something called ask the Expert. Maybe you have to come on. We have asked the expert because they like love you anyway. They're like, what, Madra, come on, let me know. And so every Sunday we have asked the Expert. And then I have one of my friends who's dope and is an expert in a specific field, come on and just do a live Q and A. It's fun and loose, and so I had my friend Karra of the Frugal Feminista. She came on and she talked about your emotional and mental state around money. I mean, she almost had all of us crying, like it was so good because she really talked about like why do you make the choice that you made. I did not realize, like you know how I have my old car and I make a joke out of it, but she was really like, Tiffany, why, like honestly, why do you, like you know, the car is no longer even really safe? Like why? She said, especially women of color, we tend to carry this thing around with us like a badge of honor, like I don't treat myself, I don't do for myself. It's like it's a badge of honor and we're rewarded for like yeah, girl, don't do anything good for yourself. And I'm like, wait, is that what I'm doing? And she was like, you know, what is it that you tell yourself why you don't really spend? And I said, well, I just said I don't want to be irresponsible. And she said, Tiffany, have you ever been an irresponsible spender? And I can honestly say, sat Andy outside of maybe when I was like fifteen and I got my first job. Never not in my twenties, not even during the recession. I was able to live off no income for two years because of my saving habits. So I've never been irresponsible with spending. So she said, so, why why this fear, because that's not you that she said. She said something so powerful. She said, spending is not irresponsible. Spending irresponsibly is irresponsible. And she was like and I'm like, so She's like, I don't know where you got that messaging from, but you have to ask yourself, you know why, and to let that go because now you're holding yourself back from like basic. I mean, if I tell you how much I made during the Academy launch, you know, I'm thinking like, oh, you know what, but what made pretty good money? You know, because we don't The Academy is less than twenty bucks a month, and even then it was on sale the whole time, so no one paid more than like sixteen or seventeen bucks for a monthly subscription. And we keep it really low on purpose because I want people to have access. So I'm thinking like, oh, you know, we'll do fine. No, Mandy, I mean I made just under two hundred and fifty thousand dollars and ten days, like why the hell?
Speaker 2: But even before that, I was thinking, why is she driving this clunker? I've seen it in person. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Can you please get in a car brand ambition? Please tell test me to get a new car.
Speaker 3: It was giving me like anxiety of thinking of like going to buy a car. It's so crazy because if you were to say, you know, your sister needs a car, can you buy her one, I'd say, Okay, your mom needs a car, Okay, superman, super okay. But when it comes to me, I'm always like, well, I don't really like it's not a need. I don't. I don't really need it. I don't. And so really like working past that because it's I didn't think it was a problem until she really kind of maybe laid on the line and I thought, wow, what And so here's an activity for anybody who might be going or not or wondering if they have an issue with finding because I didn't think I had an issue with money. And she said, you know, list anywhere from five to ten of your money thoughts, like you know, spending is irresponsible whatever it is. The things do you tell yourself over and over and then next to those things, write down whether this is a positive money thought or a negative money thoughts to kind of see like gauge where you are as the way you think about money, and then really rewarding the negative money thoughts. Like for me, I said, spending is irresponsible, but really it should be Spending irresponsibly is irresponsible. So I'm learning to reword my money thoughts and mantras that I've been repeating to myself and that have kept me here because mane I'm I'm so afraid that if I buy a car, but what if nobody likes the budget eesta anymore and my business closed down? Like how will I pay rent? How would I? Meanwhile, I used to make thirty five thousand dollars a year. I've got enough money that I could not work for like six years, but and I don't know why, and so yeah, so it was just really powerful and it just goes to show you just you sometimes you think things are so small. I thought, like, you know, it was kind of funny that I didn't get a car, But I'm realizing it really isn't like there's a reason that I'm holding it back from myself and why I would never do that to anybody that I cared about, but I do that to myself. And I'm like, Okay, I have to break past this. And yeah, I don't even know where that came from randomly, but I just it just hit me, like like thinking about you coming on on Ask the Expert, and how that that particular Assi Expert was so powerful not just for me, but so many of us watching it because so many women do that. You know, we people talk about overspending. People don't talk about the underspenders.
Speaker 2: M h.
Speaker 3: That's detrimental.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like a it's there's so many different I mean, if you've ever gone to like a therapist or anything like that, even in couples therapy, we've been discussing finances and it's all interrelated relationship with the money has a lot to do with your you know, your childhood and like it sounds corny and cliche, but it legitimately does. I you know, we've been talking about our childhoods and I'm like, oh, so that's why this and that and you and you think you're a grown adult and you should be over you can overcome those things, but you're you're always sort of carrying around those perceptions and that mentality and like the negativity you associate with money in certain ways. I'm not irresponsible, but I am a I'm an impulsive spender. Sometimes when I was a kid growing up, my mom would be the first to be like, you deserve it. Just treat yourself like, you know, be really like it was almost like you you It's like when you crash diet and you hold everything back from yourselves and then you you binge on like a box of cereal. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything like that, but like I, you know, I obsessed about saving. I obsessed that I obsessed that I obsessed, And then I'm just like so rigid. And then I'm like, I'm gonna go to nord Stream online and just online shop and I'm gonna go and like binge on shopping for two days and have all these boxes show up at my front door. And this happens to me. I have these crazy Yeah, there's these crazy, these crazy rules I impose on myself that then make me like lash out later on and like binge in different ways. And and lately it's like binging on shopping because I've been like holding myself back for so long, saving saving, saving, So yeah, I I I would love to talk more about and explore. Maybe it'd have frugal feminises what's her name, frugal feminie stuff.
Speaker 3: She honestly, that would be awesome.
Speaker 2: It was so stuff to her name or no, no.
Speaker 3: Family women, like you know, like empowerment for for women in like you know, really exploring like you know your your why and how to let go of these things that we told ourselves. So yeah, I think, honestly, I think that she would be awesome because I'm still like she still calls to check on me. She said, Tiany, have you made the appointment to go see a car? Have you mad? And I'm like no, yeah, She's like okay, next week I'm calling again. I'm like okay. And so like just breaking through and being like she said, honestly, she said something really good for me to start, She said, purchase something under one hundred dollars without thought like don't like oh no, no it's cute, you like it? Get it? She was like one hundred dollar because you know that's a threshold that you should be able to break past one hundred dollars is clearly not going to do anything to any of the money that you have saved. You're gonna just get something that's one hundred dollars around that range and you're not going to and you're gonna see the world did not crumble because you bought a hundred dollars item.
Speaker 2: And I was like, need some help. I take you my way.
Speaker 3: I mean, I need some things if you want to know, But I so for because I know, like I'm like, I know it's so heavy, So I want to I want to end with a lighthearted wind, which I think that everyone has seen this, this viral video, and it is.
Speaker 2: Gonna be the same as mine.
Speaker 3: Fine, go ahead, No, no, we we could do it drag win Okay, So no, right, so let's set the stage right BBC News, correct.
Speaker 2: Manny, Yes, I so identify with this man.
Speaker 3: So I would say forty is right in mid mid forties, yeap, white gentlemen, very proper you.
Speaker 2: Know, business suit time. Yeah, in a home.
Speaker 3: Office, yes, getting interviewed about North Korea, very serious business BBC International, well known, well respected media outlet. So said, white, young, white, middle aged gentlemen. You know very proper is speaking, and the door creaks open, and what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just hearded picturing. And again, I've watched it so many times I don't even have to watch it again because I haven't. I can tell you how many times she moves her elbows up and down. She's doing like the funky chicken. She had glasses on and a yellow sweater.
Speaker 3: Yes, curly brown hair. So his daughter. I think she was about two years old. Yeah, creap, the doorky locked. She opens the door, it creas open, and what you see is this little cute little girl with curly brown hair and a bright yellow sweater and zero like glad zero, and she does adore the explorer like I can't even I'm trying to think of the arm like she did like an arm pump, like you see me, you like, arms up and down like she did a little jig coming into the room, like ah, daddy's a TV me too. And what's so hilarious is that he is in the middle of explaining some serious business with your koreer and does not hear her, does not know she's behind him, while she is getting it in for like a good maybe like five seconds so she comes right behind him and the acres to tell him, I think one of your children has entered the room. He doesn't even look because he knows all hell is gonna break loose. He instead stends his hand, puts it on her chest and says, not right now, like with his with his energy, and.
Speaker 2: She and then the other one comes in the door in the little walker.
Speaker 3: I thought this could be really I look, this has to be fake. This has to be fake. So then when all of that that that wasn't that us. So she tries to like, if you watch carefully, she tries to loop her arm around him, like, hey, daddy, I find out later that that's the room that he skypes his parents. So she's used to Grandma and Grandpa being on the screen.
Speaker 2: Oh it's not true, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So she was like, you know, her voice ses it was like, oh, Grandma and Grandpa, this is what we do. We talked to them. So she comes in and tries to loop her hand around his arm, and like he pushes her back. Meanwhile doesn't leave. She instead leans back on like I guess it's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bed covered in books that he's carefully adorned to make it look like it's part of an office. It's so clearly a bedroom.
Speaker 3: So she leaves there like I mean, I'm aa fall back, but I ain't going nowhere. Then baby comes into room in a walker a one, and Hilarius comes in like I heard there's a party. This baby rolled up in a room like a g like, hey, it was Larry in here.
Speaker 2: She called me. She texted me, said that she comes down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then just what it could not get any more delicious? Uh, frantic another She actually seemed young, younger than middle age, but I would say she looked like in her thirties. But I'm guessing she's probably similar age to her husband. Frantic woman runs in slights Asian woman runs in If you look carefully, Mandy, her pants are slightly down. Clearly was on the toilet.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't analyze it, Okay, I thought I analyzed every aspect of that video.
Speaker 3: I know that I know that run because that is the I have been when I was a preschool teacher. I have been there where I'm like, I just need one minute to pete, just one minute, and then you hear something crashed. Know there's another teacher in the room with the kids. But one teacher cannot possibly watch all of them, you know, so you try to stand in the middle. You're like, girl, I gotta go pee, Just give me a minute. She runs in pants lightly and skids into the room and proceeds to drag both baby and the walker like the two year old and the walker. Baby out big like two year old. Baby is literally like under the walker at some point, just being and never what does the father turn around.
Speaker 2: Because you know why because he definitely had boxed her shorts on and no pants, because he's every person who works from home and has an interview and puts on a business like to a suit and tie and has no pants on, zero pants. That's why he didn't get up.
Speaker 3: He literally skids and then the part that just put the chair on top of everything is drags the babies out and then she reaches a desperate arm out closes the door as if like baby, they didn't see me. It was literally everything. It couldn't They could not have directed this better. Like I said, is this is this real? I thought was a fake video at first.
Speaker 2: But it brought the It brought you know, once in a while, videos bring the world together, and this I feel like just made us all forget about our troubles for like the five minutes that we watched this video and oh man, oh if you I've.
Speaker 3: Not seen honestly, you need to just google BBC Kids or just it's it's everything, It's everything.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be Mandy if I didn't sprinkle some real talk on this though, because there was some you know, what's funny is people's reaction to the video. There's been there's been some stuff written about this. But I could tell it was a problem even before because as soon as so this group text I was talking about earlier, I shared this is how the whole group texting kicked off. Last week. I shared this video and then we couldn't agree. Is that the nanny or the mom? I My first thought was, mom, Okay, it looked like a mother. They looked like the babies or whatever. But then someone's like I heard on the news she was the nanny. And then when I got when I got to my office, I showed it to my two my two bosses, the co founders of Magnifi. One of them was like, oh, look the Asian nanny or no, they Asian housekeeper. And I was like, what, what is this housekeeper thing. So apparently I and I don't want to sound stupid, but I didn't realize that there's all these stereotypes on Asian women. My one of my best friends had to school me on it. She's the Vietnamese Chinese, and she was like, listen, people always think I'm the help sometimes, like apparently there's this there's a stereotype that Asian women are like subservient, docile there. You know that for sure.
Speaker 3: I've definitely heard that, but I didn't know that it was like that equated to the help.
Speaker 2: So this was like a classic. So this was just like a you know, and and if there was a test for humanity and whether we've gotten over that stereotype, we failed because definitely people were assuming that she was the nanny. And I even once I heard someone was like, oh, the news said it was the nanny. I was like, oh, okay, I guess she was reading it running in kind of like her life her job dependent on it. And I was like changing my own like instinct based on the news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I saw her, that was the run. It to me, that was a I don't know, like because usually like like you know, healthcare professionals would be more like professional Basically that was like the running of a frantic mom, like, yo, I was just trying to pee these daggond kids hair, you know, just because it was like, I don't know, I didn't think like I said, oh man, I know when he got off. You know, you can't see the hilarity in it when it was happening, but I know when he got off, it was like, oh my god. I just asked, always just peek the kids were right.
Speaker 2: He tweeted, like, is this the kind of thing that goes viral? Yes? Yes, sir, sweet sir, sweet naives. Sir, you have no idea how famous your children will be for the rest of them life. Like, I'm jealous because they're gonna have this video to watch the rest of They're going to play us at their wedding, every graduation, their.
Speaker 3: Funeral, this video, every single one of them. It is for life. Like. It was so cute because they interviewed, like I said, they interviewed the guy, the BBC guys.
Speaker 2: Mom, but where I need to watch this?
Speaker 3: No, no, I think it was just like was it was a written interview. I didn't see the video, but they were they were asking her, like, you know, because that's how I knew. She said, you know, it's so cute, but I'm not surprised that she entered through because that's where we skyped because they live in Korea, the the gentleman and his wife living and so they're used to skyping. So she said she likely heard voices and was like, you know, mommy's in the bathroom. I hear voices, and you know, then this must be grandma and grandpa because this is who this is where we see them.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's funny, man. The media sure will go find some parents real quick. Oh you're not going to answer my phone call. Well, I'm gonna go find your mother. That's what I mean exactly. You're extra Oh man.
Speaker 3: It was a nice, lighthearted way to end the NBA.
Speaker 2: It made us laugh, It made us think critically about her own, you know, stereotypes. It was the perfect, the perfect viral moment. I hope they get on Llen and get their own reality TV show. Sure it will happen the president one day.
Speaker 3: Why not. I'm sure they they had been in America, they would have been on already. But they're like, we're in a career, we're not flying over there for now.
Speaker 2: We never know that was a good way. So it's been nice knowing you. I guess, sorry, yeah, so being buried in an apvalanche tomorrow. But you know, if you don't go to somehow.
Speaker 3: Right just and you happen to make it through, you know. I guess we'll talk to you guys next week.
Speaker 2: I mean, we have enough banana muffins, so if you guys run out of food, we got banana muffins. We have tostitos, all the essentials.
Speaker 3: Ooh over frozen pizza and some pop pies. Oh, I got chicken pot pies.
Speaker 2: I said, oh yeah, that sounds freaking delicious. Why haven't I got pop pie in like seventeen years?
Speaker 3: I know. Meanwhile, I was just shopping and just being Marie calendar.
Speaker 2: Yes that is my well not is that was my jam. That was like we've had that for dinner for my entire childhood. I feel like stofers my calendar.
Speaker 3: I have to try I have never tried it. And I said, even though I'm on this whole I'm trying to eat how here, I was like, I mean, don't.
Speaker 2: Read the nutrition label.
Speaker 3: Then I know.
Speaker 2: You don't want to know what kind of sodium.
Speaker 3: Is in that. I'm gonna drink a lot of water with this. God for it, all right.
Speaker 2: God speed, good luck, all right, see you on the other side.
Speaker 3: I hope you're about buying Blas