Speaker 1: Can I just say, I don't think we've talked about the fact that it is Valentine's Day week and this should be kind of our Can I say the Super Game when I'm not.
Speaker 2: Talking about the Super.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's bread and butter.
Speaker 2: It's a huge week.
Speaker 1: Yes for the second podcast, Thank you so much for being here at Brick and Jeffrey in the morning. We get a brand new episode today about to start, but highlighting you are incredible listeners.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Valentine's Day, jeff said the other day on our show that the odds are not good for couples who get together on Valentine's Day get married. But oh Customs commented and said, my wife and I are breaking all the odds. We're going for our lucky thirteenth anniversary this Valentine.
Speaker 1: Yoh, that's so rad. But I love that they're listening to our show on there. Yeah, so, I mean how it's how it keeps you together because you're like, well, I don't want to do that, Okay, I don't want to do the dating thing, and so well your marriage happy. Yeah, look at that love is alive, and maybe it's alive in this Second Date podcast that starts right now Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 2: Can you dream your perfect date into reality?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, you can try.
Speaker 2: I know it sounds a little different, but we've got one lady on the phone who says she did just that, really dreamed it, then did it?
Speaker 1: Okay? Manifesting? Yeah, I was gonna come up with a nickname for it, but I don't know her first name.
Speaker 2: So you should dream of a nickname first, and then it can become a reality. And I don't know who or how or when or why, but it would suck if you dreamed up your perfect date and then now they're not calling you back, unless unless Ali, did you dream that you were gonna have to talk to our show too on your love journey? Was that part of it?
Speaker 5: I did not dream that specifically.
Speaker 1: No, Well, usually a nightmares. Yeah. Do you often make dreams reality? Or is this a one off?
Speaker 5: I'm trying to make it more of a thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Okay, we're going to move on from all of our hurt feelings about what you just said earlier, and we're going to go ahead. Let's start at the beginning, take us back to how it all began.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So, I actually went to. It was like a self improvement.
Speaker 5: Seminar I guess you would call it.
Speaker 6: It was like a weekend long event.
Speaker 4: There were several speakers, like on the vational speaker career coaches.
Speaker 1: So you're on a journey to improve yourself and you're trying to take some steps to make it happen.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Yes, interesting, Okay.
Speaker 5: There's one speaker in particular. And the whole thing that we're.
Speaker 4: Trying to say is the reason you're not giving what you want in life is because you're not asking the universe for the thing you want.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, I could see that. Okay, I feel like I asked my mom to not call me anymore, and yet I feel like, if anything, I just get more phone calls.
Speaker 5: Well, did you ask your mom not to call you? Or did you ask the universe?
Speaker 1: Sum is his universe?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, But I see, Okay, I see your point that you're making a mistake.
Speaker 2: I got you, all right, So you have to ask the universe for what you want.
Speaker 1: So what did you ask the universe for?
Speaker 4: Yeah? The message resonated with me, and so I went home and I would ask the universe to bring me a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, send me an angel.
Speaker 7: The universe like a genie wish where you can't wish love upon yourself, you know how, that's part of the gene.
Speaker 1: She didn't ask for love, she just asked for a man boyfriend.
Speaker 5: It's not just asking and receiving.
Speaker 4: You have to put your own work into it. Like I'm also, I'm an artist as well. And what I started doing was I took out my sketch books and I started drawing men, to the point where I was drawing the same man over and over again.
Speaker 1: You do not tell me you met this man in real life, the one you were drawing.
Speaker 4: Well, I am on the app, but like, none of them look like this guy until one day.
Speaker 2: No, you don't have the eight pack abs that I sketched.
Speaker 1: Do you sketch? Do you sketch height? In bank accounts too?
Speaker 4: There was a lot of things that matched, like yeah, yeah, yes, dark hair he had dark hair was like a similar haircut. Even the shape of the glasses. I drew glasses on him and it was he wore the same shape.
Speaker 1: WHOA, oh my god, so obviously you swiped right on him.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it's exactly like the seminar said you put it out there, and you know, I put it out there. I said it vocally, and I drew and I drew until Yes, it's.
Speaker 2: Nice to know that if you're really really obsessed with someone, eventually they have to come to me real good.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I mean, what was a connection, like when you started talking really really good.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you'll swipe on people and like the conversation fizzles off. The this to a good conversation right away?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Nice?
Speaker 2: Is this a date?
Speaker 6: Or so?
Speaker 4: What happened was we exchanged numbers and the same day we went from messaging to texting to calling. I find out he has a great job, he's in the tech industry. He tells me about his family. Then we switched to FaceTime.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh wow, face time.
Speaker 8: That could be awk yeah, sure, but it's a safe, good way to like kind of like I can get a vibe, I can know what he sounds, like, his mannerisms, and like this was probably around like six forty five when we.
Speaker 2: Were facing Sorry, how many seconds six and how many seconds?
Speaker 1: Did you ever meet in person? Or is this your date?
Speaker 5: We plan to meet in person?
Speaker 4: Like we talked during FaceTime we were eating our dinner together.
Speaker 5: It was like we were at a restaurant together.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha. So earlier when you said that the banter between you was good, that was never happening in person. This is all over the phone and video chat.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But you know when you're on FaceTime with some and you can get like a really good idea, like.
Speaker 2: That's okay, you don't have to make excuses for your dream guy. I understand you can use filters in cool backgrounds. That's good.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 4: And I wanted to go on an in person gate with how quickly we moved through the channel getting to FaceTime.
Speaker 1: But it hasn't. Wow, you're going really really quickly through it interesting.
Speaker 2: Alexis is this sounding like skeptical to you? Or is it going really fast?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: What's your showing the sketchbook over FaceTime?
Speaker 1: Did you? Because that would be too much question the pre manifesting or was the picture of him framed in the background.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't understand how that would be a problem, but I am curious how she answers.
Speaker 1: Jeff would be flatter.
Speaker 4: You know, I told him that I sketch and that I do portraits, But okay, I need directly say I drew him.
Speaker 3: Okay, because then that would be a little much.
Speaker 2: But I had a feeling that I was going to meet somebody like you in the near future.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is odd that a guy would be that invested to do all of this. The phone calls in the FaceTime and then just drop off afterwards.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like that much to do a FaceTime.
Speaker 1: Really, I feel like it is sat on there and ate dinner with her on the phone.
Speaker 4: Why I haven't heard anything. I texted him, I sent him messages on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Totally dropped off since the face. You ask me my question, jeff if it was too much?
Speaker 2: All right, So I don't know if you already told us this. But what's this guy's name?
Speaker 6: Chris?
Speaker 2: Chris perfect universe Chris, not Christopher. No, we'll stick with Chris, god of the universe when we come back and call him and try and get you a second date with your perfect man that you manifested for yourself out thin air. It's amazing. It's coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, second date updates.
Speaker 2: Dreams can truly become reality.
Speaker 1: I'm inspirational.
Speaker 2: I know that for two reasons. The first is because Brooke got to work with me in her career. Is I think she's mentioned it on her social media many, many times, how badly she wanted to work directly with me, and now her dream has come true.
Speaker 1: You may be looking at the wrong social media handles.
Speaker 2: Brook is embarrassed that the truth is coming out and my face is all over her dream board at her desk. But the second way that I know dreams can become reality is our listener. Ali said that she went to a self improvement seminar where she was told she can ask the universe for anything, and she went home and asked for a boyfriend, then started drawing the same guy over and over again in her sketch pad ended up matching with him on the dating apps. Unfortunately, now the guy is not calling her.
Speaker 1: Back good and they haven't even met in person yet.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is important to note. They never went on an actual date. It was just a FaceTime meetup where he went to the fridge and ate a frozen burrito on camera, which Brook thought was truly romantic, next level for a guy.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, why put in the time to FaceTime if you want a plan on meeting.
Speaker 4: I felt like if we weren't vibing, he would have ended the call much sooner.
Speaker 1: I mean, sound really chill about it. The thing I worried about is that you put so much pressure on him, on yourself with this whole dream part.
Speaker 5: I just don't know what I'm going to do.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like I got the advice. It really resonated, and I spent hours drawing him, and I really got it perfect. So I don't know what I'm going to do if this doesn't work out.
Speaker 1: There's always another guy to draw, don't worry, Ali, Yeah, yeah, better guy, Better guy dive a twenty twenty vision.
Speaker 2: Even you know, I know Brooke draws photos of me all the time and hangs them around her station. She does. It's okay, I know I'm bringing the truth out in this segment, and it's very embarrassing for me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm very humiliated.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having Okay so here, I'm gonna dial this guy Chris. Hopefully he picks up and we can get YouTube back together. I meane, for the first time face to face in real life.
Speaker 5: So I am going to ask the universe to help you help him.
Speaker 1: The universe isn't too busy, yes, time, but we do need all the help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So we'll let the universe say, and I'm gonna start dialing the number right now here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Chris, uh speaking. Hey, this is a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chris, I'm good guys.
Speaker 6: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We're not hang out.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we don't mean to like barge into your life right now, Chris, but we do have some questions we'd like to ask you, and I promise you it won't take a lot of time.
Speaker 6: All right, I have a three thirty, so let's make this quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, yeah, no, well, just we'll go through as quickly as we can. We're doing something called a second Date update, trying to help out one of our listeners that you matched with on a dating app recently, a girl named Ali.
Speaker 6: Oh, oh my god.
Speaker 1: He never ends? Is that what you just said? Okay, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: It never ends?
Speaker 6: She just keeps texting me. All right. I've tried to just put this one to bed.
Speaker 1: And furtively, not literally.
Speaker 6: Okay, absolutely figuratively.
Speaker 9: She just keeps texting me and she asks to hang out, and I actually thinks that she thinks that I'm somebody else.
Speaker 1: What what do you mean?
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know. I don't know what she told you. But we started texting on the apps and it was going. It was all fine and dandy.
Speaker 6: It was great.
Speaker 9: But then she messages me and she tells me that I've been dreaming of meeting you. First, I'm like, all right, she might be an artist. She's kind of, you know, into that stuff.
Speaker 1: And then it's romantic. I mean, it can probably feel like a lot, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think a lot of people express excitement in different ways. That was probably her way of just saying I'm so glad that I matched with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: It was sweet until it wasn't. And she sends me this sketch of a guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, we didn't know she said it.
Speaker 6: To sketch this guy and it is not me, but it's someone that I do know.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 9: You know in my profile picture on my app, my uncle is.
Speaker 6: In two of them.
Speaker 1: Wait, your uncle is in the pictures of your profile.
Speaker 9: And it is the spitting image of this guy that she sketched.
Speaker 1: She's drawing your uncle. Wow, that was.
Speaker 5: A picture of you. That was a picture of you.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Okay the photo on his profile or.
Speaker 2: It cats out of the bag at this point, because I need to tell you, Chris Ali has actually been listening to this call the entire time. Yeah, to wait a little bit longer before she jumped in, but I guess the universe told her to go for it.
Speaker 9: Listen, Ellie, can I just talk to you straight here? My uncle is on my couch right now.
Speaker 6: He's going through a divorce.
Speaker 9: So I panicked, and I asked him to fill in for me when you wanted to FaceTime. So I asked him to get on the call and pretend to be me and my uncle. He was happy to do it, like, yeah, I have red hair, freckles, I am a ginger.
Speaker 6: Like kissed by fire.
Speaker 1: No, no, it just doesn't master picture.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, not at all.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, so you lied, You lied to me, But I didn't necessarily lie to you.
Speaker 9: You just put so much pressure on it. You wanted a guy that looked like that, So I figured to step out of the way and let my.
Speaker 6: Uncle talk to you.
Speaker 5: Okay, So how old is he?
Speaker 2: She's in his forties, Okay, so I mean you had chemistry with him, right, Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why don't you want a divorced guy sleeping on his nephews? God's true.
Speaker 9: Sorry, have I have no idea how she got confused by it. I have six pictures up there, and even two of them, and all of them two.
Speaker 8: It's the first too.
Speaker 5: And when I saw the first picture and I saw, I'm like, there he is. That's the guy I drew. I didn't need to look at the rest of the pictures.
Speaker 9: Okay, people see what they're looking for, and you obviously were looking for him, so all right.
Speaker 5: So this whole thing was set up. However it happened, and one thing led to another, and I did talk to the guy that was in my photo.
Speaker 6: It was just your uncle.
Speaker 5: So what's his deal?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Is he available?
Speaker 1: You don't feel lied to or deceived.
Speaker 5: I feel lied to by Chris. But if his uncle was the man that I'm looking.
Speaker 2: For, then yeah, yeah, Sometimes the universe has a roundabout way of getting to the destination that you want to be at. So, Chris, I think what Ali is trying to ask you is, what exactly is the stitch with your uncle right now? Is he ready to swing vines to the next lady.
Speaker 1: I swing vines. Is he ready to date again?
Speaker 2: What Brook said?
Speaker 6: My uncle? He hasn't shaved in about a week.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's going through it right now.
Speaker 9: Listen if you want to, if you have at it, listen.
Speaker 2: Talk about your family. Don't don't. Don't bring your uncle onto this call.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you this. They sound exactly the same.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I'll tell you.
Speaker 6: This, Allie.
Speaker 9: After you guys got off the FaceTime, he was ready to go.
Speaker 6: He said, I.
Speaker 9: Would definitely get with that Roman.
Speaker 1: Is that the line you were hoping for, Allie?
Speaker 5: You know, I was hoping the universe would give me something similar to that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would get with that forever that he's had it, Yeah, speaking the same language.
Speaker 1: I can't believe everyone's on the same page.
Speaker 9: I mean, he's down for it, but he's he's gonna need a few more months before he can actually.
Speaker 6: Uh legally go out with it. But what is the marriage these days?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: He could date while he's while it's being processed. There's no rule against that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I don't think they care about MESSI jose.
Speaker 2: His whole thing, so I guess so normally we'd offer to send Ali and Chris on a date.
Speaker 1: But people will send him on a date with a legally married man.
Speaker 2: Come on, they're separating on his way out of the marriage.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're separated, but he's sleeping on my couch.
Speaker 6: I'm serious.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well you may wake up one morning and Ali and your uncle.
Speaker 3: Will be all that.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: I hope the universe managed something more comfortable than a couch.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I'm asking this, But Ali, do you want to go out with Chris's uncle when the tie is right and will pay for it?
Speaker 5: Can I get his name? What is your uncle's name?
Speaker 6: It's Uncle Phil.
Speaker 2: Fresh Prince, and so Chris as your uncle's proxy. Will you say yes? On his behalf?
Speaker 1: I do believe this is a legally binding agreement.
Speaker 2: Do you think he'd like to go out with Ali?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he would, just a classy family.
Speaker 2: On a couch.
Speaker 5: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: How come no one's talking about Uncle Phil being asleep on the couch when we call, because it's almost noon when we tape.
Speaker 7: That's wingman, he got a date while he was asleep.
Speaker 1: That's crazy shot that pills asleep on the No.
Speaker 3: The circumstance I'm guessing Phil's wife sooner the ex wife would be kind of happy.
Speaker 1: He's got a date going on.
Speaker 2: He's going to be out of her hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't sound like it's gonna be jealous.
Speaker 2: No, And Ali didn't seem bothered by it really at all.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe it, like you've been lying and deceit. You talk to a man that you thought was someone else and you're like, well, it.
Speaker 7: Goes to show she trusts the universe what he does. I don't care the situation he's in, that's my man.
Speaker 1: I mean, somebody ever said the universe was trustworthy?
Speaker 2: And do you really want to put your eggs in the basket of a twice divorce uncle who's sleeping at noon on his nephew's couch during the weekday. I don't know, although he would say he would get with that. So that is pretty romantic.
Speaker 1: Third times a charm that saying comes from somewhere.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, maybe Ali is the medicine that Uncle Phil needs in order to get himself back on his feet.
Speaker 1: Why sure it's not working on himself. Yeah, A good point.
Speaker 2: And why are we talking so much about Uncle Phil? Now we're manifesting Phil and I'm drawing pictures of him in my head.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's strange.
Speaker 2: The universe works in strange ways, and so do we. If you reach out to the show, email us, we'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go find out all of our second days. They're up on podcasts wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey