Speaker 1: First Date of follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com. Abby is on the phone today for our first date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Mark. So in a few minutes we're gonna call him and see Ifiel tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, Abby, how long has the vinces you heard from Mark?
Speaker 2: It's then about a week?
Speaker 3: About a week? Okay? Have you tried to reach out to him multiple times?
Speaker 4: I did a few times, but you know, I if someone doesn't respond, like continuing to message them doesn't normally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did, like.
Speaker 4: One, and then I did one more, and then I saw, well, let's hear about your date and how you met him and see if we can't figure out why he's ghosting you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we met.
Speaker 4: We actually got up through Mark's coworker and I have Mark's co worker's wife yoga class. I attend that class. So me and Serena, which is mark coworker's wife, we grabbed coffee and it was kind of like Serena recruited me to go out on a date with Mark, but she and her husband Josh are always on the hunt for a wife for Mark, and Serena thought I would be perfect. So Mark and I met up at a sire restaurant that has amazing tropical.
Speaker 5: Drinks, and we shared food and.
Speaker 3: Chatted about our favorite thing.
Speaker 4: And we had so much in common and tonight was so good. We ended up going back to Mark's house for like a little nightcap a sip.
Speaker 3: We're like, a, wow, what what is that?
Speaker 6: I was looking for a nicer way to say I'm really sorry.
Speaker 3: Was it just a drink or or.
Speaker 4: Both?
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean yeah, I was super.
Speaker 4: Like attracted to him, and like I could tell that there were like instant sparks between both of us, and it was just like easy and effortless. So yeah, we ended up hooking up. And then afterwards Mark kept talking about his job and how close he was to a promotion, but I was kind of bored by it, so I pretended obviously. Okay, I'm thinking like maybe he knew.
Speaker 2: I was pretending.
Speaker 4: About No, I mean, he he did like mention that I breathed. I breathed like differently when I'm in like different sleeping phases.
Speaker 2: So I feel like maybe a little bus.
Speaker 4: And I mean, I'm really excited and I want to support like this promotion journey and all of that, but the time was just like wanting to enjoy my posts playtime piece. And that was the nicest way to get him to shut up by pretending I was asleep.
Speaker 3: So what do you want to say to him?
Speaker 4: Well, I want to explain myself in that, Like it might have seemed rude, but that wasn't like I had good intentions.
Speaker 3: It's like it wasn't my it wasn't my plans.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you. Then we'll play a song, come back and then call him and see if it's house why he's ghosting you, and see if you still want another date after we find out the reason.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, sounds good.
Speaker 1: Plus i'll come back and get your first day follow up next, then a little of your first day follow up, and if you're just joining us. Abby is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Mark, and it might be because she was bored by him. We're about to call and see if you'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But before we do that, Abby, whantn't you refresh everybody's memory on your situation?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were set up by Mark coworkers, and we went out to dinner and had drinks and had like a great night. We went back to mark place for a nightcap and we ended up cooking up and after that I wanted to go to sleep, but Mark kept talking about his job and his promotion. He might beginning, So I just pretended to be asleep, and I think he might have noticed, and that's why talking to me.
Speaker 1: All right, well man, let's see if we can figure it out. Right, you're the first to call him. Yeah, okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, man, I speak to Mark please.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Mark.
Speaker 3: Hey Mark, what's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: My name is Jebel and I host a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show.
Speaker 3: Hi, Mark, the show's here. My name is Nina, Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 2: All yeah.
Speaker 3: You ever listen to the show at all?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sometimes?
Speaker 3: Okay, cool?
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, I think I know where're going. What is this where you guys like call someone after they went they met someone?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: It's called the first day follow up, where you go out on a date with somebody and you ghost them, they can ask us to get you on the phone and find out what happened. So we got an email about you, Mark, Oh boy, all right.
Speaker 3: It's from Abby.
Speaker 1: Do you mind telling us about your day with Abby and why you're not why you're ghosting?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm sure she told you by the day, right, it was pretty fun, But I guess I'll just say that, yes, I'm ghosting her for the reason is because she used my razor.
Speaker 2: Like did she tell you we went back to my place after a date? All right? She says she.
Speaker 6: Wanted to go like freshen up. But I never crossed my mind that she would use my razor. And I don't like sharing any personal items, Like I don't share my razors, not even my tooth bruss like not even with like the love of my life. I feel it's so gross, and I thought it was so entitled of her just march into my bathroom and just use my razor. And I know she used it because there's light, little brown hair. Oh this is so gross to me, So yeah, I got to her.
Speaker 2: That's the reason.
Speaker 3: When when was this that she used your razor?
Speaker 6: I'd say, like I guess she used it before we I don't know what she told.
Speaker 3: You, but she said you guys had fund out your place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we got like cozy with each other.
Speaker 6: She must have used that before that, because then I didn't notice it until I used the restroom in the middle of the night and I noticed it.
Speaker 2: And also it wasn't like she put it back where it was. It was like fully.
Speaker 6: Out, like I don't even leave my razor out, it's like in a drawer, and like she had it out on the stand to say the hairs, like it was gross and she was just making herself at home. Like both of those were just to turn off to me on.
Speaker 1: The first DA thanks for telling us. I mean, yeah, I don't know. I mean, I probably wouldn't care if i'body use my razor. But also I mean I probably can get it was funny, but it might be a little bit interesting. Mark Abby is on the phone and has been listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 2: I forgot I love this part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I'm sorry. I had no idea about like the razor. I didn't think it was up take of a deal, and I just like I wanted to say like, I'm sorry I pretended to like be asleep. I kind of thought that's why you were not talking to me.
Speaker 2: You were pretending to be asleep.
Speaker 5: What it just well dream what like afterwards when you were talking about your promotion and stuff, I was just kind of zoning out like I normally.
Speaker 4: Do after right after that time, and I just wow, wow, And I thought maybe you knew that I did that and that's why you were mad at me. But like, I'm really sorry that I need anyways, And.
Speaker 6: No, I actually thought I put you to sleep, and I was actually like proud of that.
Speaker 2: No, I mean you.
Speaker 4: Did it was amazing and you did a very good job, so I want have no complaints. And I didn't think like the razor would be that big of a deal because you know, I was doing it for you. I was trying to, you know, look as fast as I could. I wasn't trying to just use your razor for no reason.
Speaker 2: Well that's not the only thing you did for me.
Speaker 7: We're saying the radio, Well, Mark, would you like another date with Abby?
Speaker 3: Will pay for it? I mean, can you get past the razor? Using mean she was thinking about you, and I'll buy.
Speaker 2: I'll buy a razor of that, I'll buy it. Yes, yes, I would yes, wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean i'd love to. And I can promise you this time like I won't. I won't use a razor. I will stay far away from it.
Speaker 2: I'll get you a new one. I mean, you don't need him now.
Speaker 3: Well, he does go back.
Speaker 2: Well when are we having this date? How far in the future are we having this date?
Speaker 4: Well, i'll shave before the date, Okay, right.
Speaker 3: Jules First Date follow up