Speaker 1: On this episode of the Check one Round two series is over.
Speaker 2: One second Round series is around, and why said it like that?
Speaker 1: One is definitely going to a Game seven and the other two we have absolutely no idea about.
Speaker 2: So let's break them all down for you.
Speaker 1: Give some thoughts about those series, as well as not one, but two interviews with local experts Denver Zach Bye, who is covering the Nuggets Timberwolve series, and Eric Chiafalo what a name from Dallas covering the mazrath Is Thunder series.
Speaker 2: Man, I love this time, yere Anthony, I know that you're listening.
Speaker 1: Are they about to hire JJ Reddick in La, because, oh my god, that's gonna be content for days. Let's drop right into it, drop that motherfucking beat that should be reON.
Speaker 2: We're almost the summer. I don't want it to end.
Speaker 1: The Second Round series or almost over a lot of surprises, though pretty exciting, what was not a shock was the Boston made lightish work of the Cleveland Cavaliers. For one, we knew that they were gonna lose one game they always do, especially Game two went about as much as you would expect, especially true because the Cavs went without Donovan Mitchell for two games, which you knew that was gonna be a big problem. And if now, if you listen to the chatter out there, it's like not really good on the streets for Donnovan Mitchell. People are already saying, oh, Donovan Mitchell thinks the rest of the Cavaliers are immature. And then donnad Mitchell's gonna come out on Twitter and say, hey, they cappen. And then Donovan Mitchell in that last game in Boston was wearing a brand new Cleveland Cavalier's hat on that looked like somebody from the PR staff said hey, you need to put this on.
Speaker 2: In terms of showing solidarity Donovan.
Speaker 1: Some people are saying that he played his last game as a Cavalier because he's probably not going to extend. Then the other people come out and say donovand Mitchell actually loves it in Cleveland, which said no one ever, regardless the heater circling, the Lakers are circling, the Brooklyn Nets are circling, Cleveland is getting circled.
Speaker 2: Like a vulture in the desert.
Speaker 1: Darius Garland, his camp has come out and said, yeah, we're not really fucking with playing with Donovan Mitchell, our roles have been diminished, and it's kind of like Donovan Mitchell or US then it's like, okay, Cia Dia. Ever since Darius Garland hurt his what is orbital boom face?
Speaker 2: He got surgery.
Speaker 1: Ever since his face got fucked up, he has not been the same. And when you go three for seventeen from the field and the close out game without your star player, it's on you, baby boy.
Speaker 2: You do not look good.
Speaker 1: Darius Garland is said to be unhappy with his role in Cleveland, and we'll ask out if Donovan does stay.
Speaker 2: Okay, bye bye by.
Speaker 1: The way, like rumor mill, can we just let the body go cold a little bit before all these post mortems. No, they've got these things ready to hit publish before the games and the series are even over.
Speaker 2: It's fucked up. I kind of love it though.
Speaker 1: As for the Celtics, they look dominant. No team in modern memory can win in five games multiple times and yet still have a fan base that does not believe in them and questions whether the team can win it all myriad of issues, Tatum's lack of takeover the game, Gene Drew Holliday disappears for games at a time. Christas Porzingis is injury history pops up while simultaneously he is injured and is not playing in playoff games. We have strange coaching decisions, but Boston just keeps winning, so we don't really know what they are until they face a true competitor. Sure, they haven't played anyone yet, but guess what. They can only play the teams that are in front of them, and they will get either an Indiana Pacers team that cannot play any defense, or they will get a very banged up next team. This could be one of the least impressive runs to the finals we've seen in a long time, probably since the Milwaukee Milwaukee Bucks in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Critics, of course will point out that Miami without Jimmy and Cleveland without Donovan are very different teams. But like I said, they await either Indy or New York. Let's talk about that series though. The Knicks, as you know, beat the shit out of India in Game five in the Garden.
Speaker 2: But did you know what.
Speaker 1: Got them to play loose? Got them to play competitively and difficultly hardly?
Speaker 2: I don't know how to.
Speaker 1: Say that got them to play hard every single possession.
Speaker 2: Apparently it was a long.
Speaker 1: Drawn out fart, a fart in the locker room pregame. Fred Katz was there. He chronicled it on Dan Patrick No Dan Lebattart one of the dance and you know it was Josh Hart probably so much Mike and Ikes that caused all kinds of gastric distress.
Speaker 2: The fart apparently was like a ten second long fart. Almost looked like a.
Speaker 1: Whoopee cushion, sounded like Wookie pushion had gone off. Thank God, because the Knicks keep winning, and it's crazy. It's crazy because they're so banged up that you feel like it has to come down and the guillotine has to hit him in the neck at some point. But Tibbs just keeps coaching his ass off. They keep getting something out of another player that you don't expect. All Tibbs does is find a way to put poor little Andrew nemhard back on to Brunson, and Brunson just puts up buckets on him. It's like, oh, you know what, we're gonna have Deuce McBride start games now, and then we're gonna have guard to guard pick and roll you think you can put in Andrew Nemart on Deuce McBride. Oh no, no, baby, because Aaron Nesmith is getting switched up on and now it's buckets for days. We almost had a fifty bucket again for Jalen Brunson and he doesn't even have any left on the shots. The other two series are very, very exciting, but ogn and Obi is still out indefinitely. So all I want is a Game seven at the Garden on a Monday fingers crossed. But if you're a Knicks fan, you say, no, no, I do not want that. Let's close this baby out. Let's talk about Okce, though, where the MAVs now are up three two.
Speaker 2: Very surprising.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 1: I thought the MAVs team would be an early exit at best.
Speaker 2: The PJ.
Speaker 1: Washington trade excellent, the Daniel Gafford trade excellent.
Speaker 2: They need to close this thing.
Speaker 1: Out in Dallas because if they go back to Oka, see, it's going to be rocking in there. But the issue for the Thunder are many Nobody other than Shake can get a bucket consistently. And everybody said this team was too young, but it doesn't even look like that's the case. It looks like they're just not tall enough. They play plenty mature, but they don't play big. They lack height, they lack strength.
Speaker 2: We talked about it all year long.
Speaker 1: They need a backup big. They need a backup big. They need to backup. They wouldn't do it. A lot of people think Donovan Klingon could be the answer. A lot of people think it's Zach Edie. But six' Nine Jalen williams ja y L I N i think That's jay Will he's the second tallest guy on the roster Besides Chet.
Speaker 2: Holmgren Once poku got shipped.
Speaker 1: Out the team has an average height of sixty.
Speaker 2: Six then you look At.
Speaker 1: Dallas they have nine players that are six seven or taller and four over six.' ten so they are getting, out muscled they are getting, out rebounded and they are getting straight fucking.
Speaker 2: Bullied, tough okay so he could still win.
Speaker 1: The series but does it even, matter really You, play minnesota You, play denver you're getting fucked up in the game because they're even Big, than dallas and they're even more Skilled. Than dallas they're even more Athletic. Than dallas speaking, Of, Which, minnesota.
Speaker 2: Okay okay minnesota we.
Speaker 1: See, You okay denver gets their ass handed.
Speaker 2: To them again on.
Speaker 1: The road jamal couldn't get, it going, Mpj awful jokic looking. Mortal again minnesota has, calmly back and everything seems like it. Was before the, crazy, thing though Was the denver looked like they're about to fuck. Them up they went up nine, to two then there was like an eleven zero run which turned into a twenty nine to, four run and then all of, a sudden it's night night sleep. Mask one fifteen seventy was the.
Speaker 2: Final, score?
Speaker 1: Outrageous outrageous how do? You lose how do you lose by forty five when they're the?
Speaker 2: Defending champs could you have a? Little honor what a? Weird series what a? Weird series six.
Speaker 1: Games split evenly three to three and only one good game, in There number. Game one the other five. Were blowouts no idea what to Think about? GAME seven a lot of People like denver why?
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you but who the?
Speaker 1: Fuck knows we will preview the conference Finals, on monday, of course but For now i'm hoping for three. Game sevens, all right it is time to welcome our, First Guest, zach bye Of the Drive on denver's one oh four POINT, Three fm zach broke.
Speaker 2: Down the Nuggets versus.
Speaker 1: Wolve series he was joined by my other, Co Host ryan Horbought And, nick cashew which airs on my other SHOW at mgm tonight on the radio most, major markets as well as live on video on twitch. AND YouTube i don't know if you, knew that but you should check it. Out live it's. Pretty fun zach is one of my. Favorite guests he is. So passionate he did it with cell. Phone too his hand was rattling all over, the place the screen.
Speaker 2: Was shaking he was. So excited check. It out let's get. Into It.
Speaker 4: Zach bye is the host Of the drive one four to three the Fan. In denver he jumps on. With, us so is what is just kind of the mood right now for you and i'd say people in general? Right now does it feel Like the nuggets have gone Back, to hey this Is the nuggets team we remember or heading into? This game Is it minnesota and what they did the first couple of games is still kind of in the back of your mind a.
Speaker 5: Little, bit, well guys thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: Back on it feels Like what minnesota did in games One in game two was like a. Year ago, this series it like self, contained series deserves like its. Own documentary from the Way that game two, went down it was.
Speaker 5: The fourth largest loss FOR.
Speaker 6: An nba champion on their, home floor followed by the second largest playoff win in the history of. The Franchise rudy gobert missed a game because he had. A Baby tim Connolly missed game five with. An Achilles jamal murray didn't get suspended for throwing a heat pack and a towel onto. The floor like it's been an absolute. Journey Here but i'll tell, YOU this I Think nuggets nation, in general and you can include me, in this have returned to the supreme confidence that we had before the, series started based on the championship Equity that denver built up a year ago going sixteen and four on their way to. A Title and i'll, tell, you guys, You know minnesota, is fantastic, all right. THEY are i believe this team is going to win a championship at some Point In anthony edwards are, run here but they're just a little bit ahead. Of Schedule, and Jokic who i've been referring this season to as a basketball version of, artificial intelligence because he downloads whatever you throw at him and spits out the equation to. Solve it now ais a little, bit new so it might Have taken jokic a game or two to figure. It out but by game three you could see he has Solved, the Timberwolves And michael malone deserves a ton. Of credit they have made incredible ADJUSTMENTS that i won't. Ida here i'm sure you guys have seen them with your, own eyes but From having Jokic And aaron gordon bring the ball up the floor instead Of Having jamal, murray hounded to doing inverted screens.
Speaker 5: To get jokic's.
Speaker 6: Post looks we just started seeing that They're Throwing aaron gordon in early actions To Get rudy gobert moving in early in possessions as opposed to just roaming around by. The RIM so i think from coaching And, From jokics denver has Figured The minnesota. Timberwolves out they're just a little bit early to the biggest party on, the PLANET and i Love the nuggets to finish.
Speaker 1: This, series yeah it does look like that two to o lead was just an eternity.
Speaker 2: To go everybody was freaking.
Speaker 1: Out myself I've been i've been like supremely confident In the nuggets pretty much all.
Speaker 2: Season LONG and i thought, to.
Speaker 1: Myself if if they, tell us, you know if, this Team If michael Malone And calvin moved tell us that the role players are, good Enough that i'm gonna. Believe him and then then what we saw in the first two, Games, was oh maybe they Are Missing bruce brown. A lot maybe they Are Missing uncle jeff. A lot how are they using their role players Now the nuggets in different ways that is allowing this team to be able to be a lot.
Speaker 6: More balanced it's a great, A, question trista because coming into, THE series i thought that one of the bigger Advantages that minnesota has was.
Speaker 5: Their bench they had the sixth man of, the year but it's not.
Speaker 6: JUST him, i Mean It's kyle anderson coming off the bench and a couple others that have been. Really impactful and the ANALOGY that i tried to make before the series is That the nuggets bench is more of a shield just don't get killed in The non, jokics minutes And the timberwolves bench was more of, a sword a sword that can actually gas, you Well the nuggets bench is now holding the shield and. The sword and We've Seen christian brown multiple times in this series get to. Double figures that's who he was last year during the post where IN The nba finals he's scored fifteen points as a rookie Most And sam cassel For the rockets in the early to.
Speaker 5: Mid nineties he's returned.
Speaker 6: To that form after a bit of a regression type of Year For christian brown in his. Second year but it's also two other guys that have made a huge impact in a. Reserve role And It's, reggie jackson thirty three year old veteran coming off a, you know a two for two game. From three and it's also a guy that never gets talked about on any of the, talk shows but it's it's Longtime Veteran justin holliday has made ten threes in. This, series guys this is a guy that did not play during the. REGULAR season i just want to. Reemface it he didn't Play. For Denver But michael malone in big moments trust, veteran players and you're seeing a Guy Like peyton watson not checking into games and the trust is more built over the last ten Years With, justin holliday and that Decision For michael malone to adjust within this series and start playing a guy who had barely played during the regular season is a massive feather in the Cap Of michael malone.
Speaker 7: As, WELL zak i gotta, ask you how do you Feel About Michael.
Speaker 5: Porter?
Speaker 7: Junior tonight his points prop is thirteen and. A half he only had six on two to ten shooting the other night, before that, four points not a whole lot of volume low two. Of four you think this could maybe be a game where he gets.
Speaker 5: SOME looks i actually think it. COULD be, i like where your.
Speaker 6: Head's, at obviously, YOU know i don't believe in using the word lock by, any means but. He's due, AND also i Don't think minnesota's approach is going to be to Single Cover nikola. Jokicic anymore after he literally in that, game five he put away his scalpel and brought out his axe and said this is going to, get ugly and he absolutely murdered the defensive player of the year and wore. His, skin okay they can't have that. Approach again they cannot have that, approach again, All Right so i'm saying that to say as it Relates To Michael. PORTER jr i could see the Most aggressive doulve Going toward jogics tonight and he always makes the right to sist and that supercomputer brain, of HIS and i think a beneficiary of that two passes away could be Like A Michael porter junior wide.
Speaker 5: Opening corners he's.
Speaker 6: ABSOLUTELY due i could see him score between seventeen and twenty.
Speaker 1: Points tonight has anybody's reputation spiked and then like very quickly dropped as much as the defensive Prowess Of Rudy Gobert because game one and earlier on in the Series, against phoenix we, were like, oh man this Is The rudy gobert on the perimeter that we love. TO see i Swear after, GAME five i think everybody's now just Out On.
Speaker 2: Rudy gobert it was like, you said wore.
Speaker 1: His skin that's what made me think, of, It Like rudy gobert might be his reputation might just.
Speaker 6: Be COOKED and i understand why you're, saying it and, it's FAIR but i will, say this that's what it looks like when you're playing one of the ten greatest PLAYERS in. Nba history mac dab in the middle of. Their, PRIME like i don't think It's A rudy. GOBERT issue i think he's deserving of The defensive player Of. The year, but like, no matter like what defensive player in the front court could you Single up jokis?
Speaker 5: With now like he just he.
Speaker 6: Murders people AND so i think it more has to Do with jokics Because Traditionally go bear does about as good of a job as you Can, against jokics especially in. Single coverage so it's, just guys we, are WATCHING like i want to put this on your radar now we. Are watching this is not a guy who's just top five in all time. Triple doubles this is not a guy who's just won A, third mvp ninth PLAYER in nba history to. Do it if they do over the next MONTH what i think they're, gonna do and that's win back to, Back championships jokics will be THE. Finals mvp you know how many PLAYERS in nba history have three regular season MVPs and two. Finals, MVPs ready here's. The list in, my opinion it's the greatest basketball players who have, ever played and you could put them in any order that, You Want Kareem, Abdul Jabbar, Michael, Jordan, Lebron James, Magic Johnson. Larry bird that's. The list you will need a six finger here in about. A month if things go down THE way i think it's gonna, go down he will have a top ten argument. Without question and THAT'S what i think that murder scene in game five. Was about it Was about jokic and Not. Necessarily gobert it's just.
Speaker 4: So descriptive THAT'S what i love. ABOUT it, i mean you're totally right Talking to Zach BY vet. Mgm tonight we know How Important nakola jokic obviously is To, the nuggets but we also have seen How Important jamal murray is to their success. As well are we feeling better about his health a? LITTLE bit i understand, the numbers listening to sixteen points last game seven or fourteen shooting and least shooting fifty percent from, The, FIELD like, i mean is it kind of at the? Point now are he's starting to at least get closer to the guy that we expect to see?
Speaker 5: Out? THERE yeah i.
Speaker 6: Think physically, you know we haven't even really talked too much about him physically in the last day or two because.
Speaker 5: Of what we Saw in.
Speaker 6: Game three, you Know after game two they had that long layoff where they played On a monday and didn't play Again. Till friday that was Huge For jamal murray and he's got his bounce back and he had his best game of the Series in game three And in, game five and the stats that you, just quoted we saw a plus elite level Defense From anthony Edwards On. Jamal murray he poured all of his energy to try to Slow down jamal and, guess what. It worked the problem is the problem is Is that anthony did ant man did not have enough in the tank offensively after giving that all world. Performance defensively that's, why it's in my, humble opinion we need to slow down a little bit With The Kobe Bryant michael.
Speaker 5: Jordan comparisons he may.
Speaker 6: Get, there gay but What made Michael and kobe special Specifically is michael Was Winning defensive Players the year in the same year he was winning the. Scoring Title, kobe bryant at twenty one, years old was First TEAM all nba defense while being one of the leading scorers IN the nba and was taking over overtime Against the pacers IN The nba Finals when shaquille O'Neal was sitting on the bench with. Foul TROUBLE so i want TO see i want to See ant man get to a point where he gets that version of himself Defensively Against jamal murray and then is also willing to or not, willing to but capable of holding up his end of the bargain at an elite. Level offensively and he was unable to do That in. Game five but that's ULTIMATELY why i think We saw jamal not play as well is because he, was smothered smothered like a breakfast Burrito By.
Speaker 1: Anthony edwards zach was so passionate that his screen, Was moving it, Was shaken it.
Speaker 2: Was shaken, SO no i. LOVED it i. Loved it was making.
Speaker 1: Me laugh so given that that Matchup Between jamal murray And Aunt, anthony edwards and we know That the timberwolves in a close, out game we're gonna need a lot From ant, man offensively how do you think about both of those? Two players? Point props where where does it break? For you does it break in terms Of ant man maybe slowing down defensively And Letting jamal murray go off and having a better. Game himself or is it something like we saw maybe in last Game, in denver, you know.
Speaker 6: And you're asking Me About anthony edwards point, Prop, SPECIFICALLY yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean there's obviously a Correlation Between anthony edwards Defensively on Jamal and jamal's point Prop And anthony edwards having gas in the tank.
Speaker 5: For.
Speaker 3: Himself yeah you, know what, home man it's a, GOOD question i would, say tonight based on what we saw in the, LAST game i think you see a way extra Emphasis On anthony edwards offensively and taking his foot off the gas a, little bit a little.
Speaker 6: Bit defensively, but also, you know you KNOW what i just thought of when you when you're asking, That, question trista is that the officiating Crew in game two that allowed the most physical game OF basketball i have seen it in this modern era OF.
Speaker 5: The nba that's who's on the, Game.
Speaker 6: Tonight okay and my wonder Is will minnesota be able to play its more prison ball brand of basketball that we Saw in? Game two and this just be a really low scoring game where if you can get to, ninety five you're gonna. Win IT so i would Say like i'm Looking at i'm looking At Ant man beam more, aggressive Offensively but i'm also thinking he might be able to get away with more defensively With That mark jones led crew that wants to see blood if they're gonna put air in.
Speaker 4: The, whistle big big night For The denver nuggets looking to close Out. The Timberwolves zach bye Live from denver one oh four to Three.
Speaker 5: The fan hey see you guys here and enjoy.
Speaker 3: The, game.
Speaker 2: Okay good Stuff.
Speaker 1: From zach's we got another guest, As Well eric Chiafalo of dallas one oh five Three. The fan he, Breaked down he broke down the mass. For us also joined MY bet mgm crew to talk a little bit ABOUT this. Okac series a ton of cool Information ABOUT. Luca, pj washington the Advancement Of kyrie, irving's defense and a lot more about How the MAVs than what they need to do to.
Speaker 2: Move on so let's Jump into.
Speaker 8: But when it comes To the, lucas, situations man this is he was so it was he was himself. Last night it was wonderful and that's exactly What the mavericks need if they want to go and have. Any success in the next round versus The t wolves Or, the nuggets and certainly in. The finals you've got to get the best Out. Of luca they've been getting by in this series with him being a shell, of HIMSELF and I was i was surprised to see the version of him that we saw. LAST night, i mean generally in, the playoffs you know what you're getting Out. Of luca he's an all timer when it comes to rising to. The occasion he's been a superstar since he basically set foot in, the league and he usually just gets better in. The postseason clearly injured this. Time around the physicality of being in the doorger chamber and everything that they're throwing Defensively at Luca, And kyrie i'm in, the physicality it's. All There but luca just showing up. LAST night I mean i, was confused just turn, it on turn. It off like a lot of people here locally look to it being more of a mental Thing with luca than a. Physical thing if he doesn't get off to a, good start if he's, missing shots he wants, To, Know oh, I'm injured i'm, banged Up but I'm not i'm not a bad. Basketball player i'm not missing. These shots i'm. Being fouled he's always arguing with, the rest but not. Last night he cut back. On that he was just he, was focused he. Was dialed he didn't look like he had, a limp he had. More lift he made his. THREE ball, i mean It was it, was CRAZY and, I guess i guess we can expect that in the next game because you get the two days, of rest and knowing that you can get a couple of days off before you get Into The western, conference finals trying to close this thing out as quickly as possible as exactly what you want want, to do so hopefully the injury stubs. Behind him but it. Was weird it was weird to see how just how awful he looked and injured he looked in the first, few games and then last night it was it was a completely. Different player you Look.
Speaker 1: At Luca And kyrie irving and you think, to, yourself like obviously two, very potent creative. Shot creators and when the trade, went down there was a lot of people who wondered whether these two players could. Actually coexist the Thing that i'm the most, Impressed about i'd love to get your thoughts On this eric is just how they're stepping.
Speaker 2: Up defensively You've.
Speaker 1: Got luca averaging three point three deflections per game in the Playoffs and kyrie right behind him at two. Point nine how are we getting this level of defense from guys who really haven't been hanging their hat their whole careers.
Speaker 5: On.
Speaker 8: DEFENSE yeah i think it's a great observation and it's another sort of head scratcher Of How jason kidd can get it out of. These guys he did it a couple of years ago When the mavericks went On Their Western conference, finals run and that was a bad, defensive team and then all of the sudden second half of the season into the postseason they got things figured out and then it went away. From them they've been bad at defense last season and for a good chunk up until the, trade deadline when you make the TRADE. For, pj washington you make the Trade For. Daniel gafford now you have more of a rim protective presence There, in gafford and then of COURSE. With pj washington and the, versatility defensively, the athleticism all that. Was huge AND then i think when you have when you, have superstars and we see this IN. The, nba now the qualities of a, head coach how high on the priority list is it when it comes to being able to manage your superstar personalities and get the best out. Of them and you're seeing it for sure when it Comes To jason Kidd and Luca And jason Kidd and kyrie and the relationships that he has with both of. Those guys they respect them and when he calls, him out they generally rise to. The occasion and this is definitely the most professional and mature Version of KYRIE that i think we've, Seen ever and a lot of that probably has to do with some of the installation of being being kind of buddy buddy with the, Head Coach, jason kidd but also having the respect, for him and then same actually in the top of the front office with General Manager nico harrison and the relationship that. They have it Seems like kyrie. Is happy he understands his role on. This team he Knows that luca is supposed to be, The man so How can kyrie go about affecting the game without being the number? One option and he's done, a really really nice job. Of that we're actually kind of wanting to see that his scoring go up a little bit more in this, particular series but his fingerprints are all over. The game and when when when you get the when you get the buy in from, your superstars everybody else has to buy in. As, well defensively and so you can see so much, of defense especially if you're if you have A, high Iq which Kyrie and, luca do and if you have some semblance, Of athleticism, my gosh if you just give great, effort defensively you can you can. Get by and so they they're finally. Doing that they've picked their spots, at times but at this point the, post season they're doing it a heck of a lot. More so it's super impressive The Way jason kidd now not once but twice in the season has flipped the defense on its rear end basically and got it to where it's NOT only, i mean it's not a weakness, it is it's a strength. For them they play really really good defense.
Speaker 1: Right, Now yeah kyrie impacting winning in ways that we've never.
Speaker 2: Seen before YOU. Mentioned.
Speaker 1: PJ washington i just wanted to follow up on that not a great game, last GAME and i think probably if it was me just in terms of, my observations a lot of that coming from, foul trouble early foul trouble going to. The bench, for, you like how MUCH. Has pj washington been impacting this team on both ends of, the floor and then in this, next game what should we expect for him more of what we've seen early on in the series or what we.
Speaker 8: Just, saw yeah it's a great question. As well he's he's a guy that has been hugely impactful since since the day they traded, for him especially on the. Defensive side, now offensively you've seen him start to start to get to those places where you know he's. Capable of he showed It. In charlotte he's. A, guy hey you're not super surprised he dropped twenty five, points tonight but his three ball and especially his corner three was just god awful the entire season With the mavericks, at least and then once you get him into the postseason here and into, the series all of, a sudden he's knocking down the shots and he's kind of been the. Veteran presence this is a guy who also talks about wanting to Be, in DALLAS and i think there's a comfort level that he has and he's sort of he's rising the same way you're seeing some other. Guys do but he's been huge for. This series, without him you. Don't win you Don't win games two. And three he was putting the scoring onus, on Himself where kyrie is getting all sorts of blitzes and double teams sitting, his way they're forcing the ball out of, His hands luca not being himself. At all somebody had to, step UP. And pj, washington said let me be. That guy and it's. Been huge it's been. Absolutely huge but you can't rely, on that and so ultimately you were going to get a night like last night where, still, impacting winning still making, you know great, play defensively and big time stuff on the offensive side when it comes to late in the game and big possessions that he was able to capitalize on following up on a misshot going for the dunk that was huge late in. The game so he's another guy that understands his role and is capable of erupting a little. Bit offensively i'm not going to bank on him doing that again like he Did in games two, and three where he's scoring twenty. Plus points but in terms of the impact, on, winning yeah he's a guy That the mavericks have really.
Speaker 7: Really appreciated, Right now minnesota is up thirty one to fourteen after the. FIRST quarter i guess the two surprise teams In the west this year would Be ok See, in Minnesota and minnesota has more vets on. The team But okay see's. Really young but do you almost, feel like, you know with home court advantage that game six is almost like a must Win the MAVs are three and a half, point favorites or do you feel like home court advantage doesn't. REALLY matter i Guess what i'm asking is If okay see gets the, job done you get a, game seven how nervous are you going? To be because they're a, young team you know they're probably gonna be a little nervous to close that. Thing OUT but i almost feel Like the MAVs have to get This job i've done. At home do you feel the same way?
Speaker 8: Or no? Not, REALLY well, i mean you definitely don't want to give a. Team life, you what you want to end this thing as quickly as you can and going BACK into okac where it's lowed one game sample anything, can happen you want to. AVOID that i would still be confident That the masks can get. It done they've proven they can Go Into oklahoma city and. Get victories they've been a pretty dang good road team as a matter, of fact top five all. Season LONG so i don't think it overly. Affects them and they've got they're they're a little bit more. Battle tested as you MENTIONED, with okac you're seeing the signs of them the youth and and just what we understand about the history of the sport where you have to earn your stripes and get the skins in the wall in, the postseason and you're going to have to take some l's before you really graduate to, championship status and THAT'S what i think we're seeing in real TIME. WITH okc i fully Expect the mavericks to come out and put It On. OKA see i will Take the mavericks. Money line i'll Take the mavericks. To cover I'll expect luca to be a similar version of what we saw in last night's game here in. GAME six i think this is a take care of business For. THE mavericks i don't think they're going to dog around and get themselves Back in, okay see but even if, THEY do I still i'd. Be nervous i'll Tell you i've had four quarters. Of NERVES but i would still Think the mavericks are a team capable of going in to a road environment and getting.
Speaker 4: The depth Talking, to eric you AND follow. Betmgm tonight, You know dallas obviously going To The western conference finals would be great for, the organization Probably make luca a little. More happy there's the possibility they lose. This series there's always the conversation about a star IN the nba and then their future in a, certain market and there have, been whispers certainly outside About maybe luca and what his future would Be. In dallas there does it kind of feel like maybe this team they've put together is something that he might be a little bit, Happier with like what is the Conversation around luca and his? Future there, you know.
Speaker 8: It's funny because, you're right and anytime with a, young superstar there's always those conversations, of hinting even projecting two and three years about what a player might want, to do and especially with the way last, season ended Where the MAVs are tanking at the end of the season obviously to garner the best possible take necessary after having Traded For. KYRIE irving, i mean last year was a total total failure and in. Every sense so that was that was a topic this time last year that we were, certainly like this is kind of a maker to break, a year you or to some extent because you never know when he starts kicking around the idea, OF hey i want to go somewhere ELSE because i want. To win but now You've Seen nico harrison and company with the moves they made in, the offseason even the nightmare That Was grant williams turning THAT.
Speaker 5: Into pj.
Speaker 8: Washington boom that's. A success so through, last year through, last Offseason Drafting, DEREK lively i mean that the, nightmare tanking missing, the playoffs But Getting derek lively out, of that it's a. Huge win then You Flip grant WILLIAMS For, pj washington You Get. Daniel gaffer everything's clicking now and Him and kyrie have a. Great relationship kyrie's. Under contract you Just Extended, jason kidd who is definitely a guy Who's in luca's corner and lucas in. His CORNER so i think right now everything. Is good it's always sort of a ticking, time BOMB but i would think for the next two seasons you should feel good about the Fact that luca has a happiness. Level here you're, proving it especially by getting back To The western, conference Finals and luca can even look in the mirror a little bit, and, say man how MUCH did i even? YOU know i was hurting my team in a lot of, these GAMES whether i was injured. OR not i didn't show up in a lot of. These moments so he can't just point the finger and say everybody around me is. A problem this is a, solid team and this is a, young team and it feels like there is a chemistry and a get along factor. That's IMPORTANT so i think right now they're feeling good About where.
Speaker 5: Luca's, at yeah.
Speaker 4: IT'S crazy i thought That that Kyrie Irving luka doncic pairing was going to be an absolute disaster with all that stuff you, talked about and it looks completely different now with the roster. They've Built er chiafala one of five. To three the Fan in Dallas vet NATION on betql. As well great to have you, ON man i appreciate.
Speaker 2: The time heks, eric.
Speaker 1: Ooh thank you so much to. My guest that's all the time that we add for this episode of The. Heat chet Come back monday for an all new episode talking about the last games of the second round series In the. Conference finals so check out the feed for past episodes of many episodes which will, drop unexpectedly like finding a fox sleeping on top Of A.
Speaker 2: Mini cooper what?
Speaker 1: The fuck Check my twitter account for that. That, happened really do not forget to follow The heat check throughout. The playoffs that means, download them.
Speaker 2: Me subscribe that means tell. Your friends even That.
Speaker 1: Guy Tim from starbucks who couldn't figure out a way to have you Pay Via apple pay and somehow some way made it to be my FAULT why i, couldn't pay and, then said, oh no we're just gonna throw this tea away if you, can't PAY because i don't want to get fired From.
Speaker 2: The giant never Go to giant For. Your starbucks never Go To tarbucks target For.
Speaker 5: Your.
Speaker 1: Starbucks ever by, The, way tim fuck you uh and the horse you rode.
Speaker 2: In on but while you're in the unemployment line because you can't figure out.
Speaker 1: Customer service make sure to throw on the e check so she's. Burning you it'll help you with your. Rage issues do not forget to follow the Check and Tristan cricks, On TikTok Twitter and instagram and of course YouTube