Speaker 1: First date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com. Wee is on the phone today for a first date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Jeff. And so we're about to see if we can get another date and find out why she was ghosted by calling him in a second. But first let's find out about the date. Brie, how long has it been since you heard from Jeff?
Speaker 2: I have not heard from him in four days, for a very long days.
Speaker 1: When did you last talk to him? I mean, like, what was your last interaction with him?
Speaker 2: Like, so it was our date. With our last interaction, I've not heard from him since the date, and I'm not sure what happened.
Speaker 1: Did you reach out to him since?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm starting to look a little bit crazy.
Speaker 1: So you guys, okay, fair, well, let's talk about the day. How did it go?
Speaker 2: Okay? So we met on Hinge. He ticks all of my boxes. It was a great first date. So he basically picked everything out. He has his favorite neighborhood spots. So we went to this really really nice Battalion restaurant and love of Italian food was really thoughtful. He asked me before we went what my favorite food was, so we had that in common, which was really cool. And then we went to another little cute spot to get some drinks and there was a tooth box there, which I thought was pretty cool, and he gave me money so I could pick out my favorite songs, which I thought it was very thoughtful. Yeah, like just really low key, sweet, sweet, thoughtful date. And we sat next to each other and we sang like my favorite songs and uh like, we accidentally brushed elbows a couple of times.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: It was like the best date that I've ever been on. So I'm kind of confused. We had a lot in common, like we talked about sunny movies you write, like our childhood. I was telling him I was interested in self dancing, and he said he was like open to going because I was trying to test the waters because we'd be, you know, interested in the mother hang. We both are mediocre cooks. There was just like a lot of commonalities and laughter and just I thought it was good vibes and then I don't know, I thought it's perfect, like yeah, we closed down the bar and then we like he walked me home and then we kissed and I thought it was magic. And then I have not heard from him since, so I don't know. I've been We texted that night and that was fine, but then I tried to keep texting to like, you know, are you going to the Saltacast? We're gonna hang out? How is your day? How is work? Any of that.
Speaker 1: I've got nothing, any idea of why he's ghosts to you at all.
Speaker 2: My friends have a prediction. Okay, so I talk a lot. I don't know if she's noticed. They think maybe I over did. I was talking about like pillar talk and intimacy and like, I don't know. Maybe they think I just I was too hardcore for flirting. I came on too strong with Hey, let's go salt the dancing. I'm looking too far into it. I don't know. They're thinking I did maybe too much flirting or too much like where are we going with at the next step, how do you feel about this or that?
Speaker 1: Maybe when your elbows brushed, did you guys have long sleeves onbows?
Speaker 2: I rolled my sleeves up. He did not.
Speaker 1: That's why we thought you were a little risky going in a skin to skin Well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you. We'll play a song come back, and then call him and see if ho tells why he's ghosting you and hopefully get you a date. Okay, okay, all right, we'll get your first day follow up next. Right in the middle of your first date follow up if you're just joining us, a breeze on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Jeff. So we're about to call him and see if you'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But before we do that, Bill, why don't you catch everybody up on your situation?
Speaker 2: Okay? Because name is Jeff. We met on Hinge best date of my life, very thoughtful, very kind. Now has been ghosting me for four days. My friends think it's because maybe over shit, Maybe I like came on too strong. I don't know. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Ye, that must have been what it was? All right, Well, are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 2: Yes? Please?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Here we go. Hello him, I speaking to Jeff. Please, Jeff, how are you? My name is Jewbel, and I host the radio show. It's called the Jebel Show. Hi, Jeff, the whole show's here. I'm Nina Hi, and I'm Victoria. Hi. Good. How are you?
Speaker 3: What do I owe the honor?
Speaker 1: Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 3: Once or twice?
Speaker 1: We do a segment on the show it's called the first Date follow up. So that's where if you go out on a date with somebody and end up ghosting them, that person can have us get you on the phone to ask why you're ghosting them. So we got an email about you, sucka. You need to be very nice, coaxing, but we got an email about you.
Speaker 3: I think I see where this is going. Yeah, about about Kaylin.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry, her name is Bree. You busy, You're busy and never mind about that Kailen Okay, and I heard it, but okay.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give you a short answer. Relied to me. He's a liar about what about her age? I mean she was I liked her. I liked her a lot. So I went and you know, I did the the proverbial scouting technique where you going on you know, social media find out things about them. And I found out that actually she told me she was thirty three, the app that she was thirty three, I'm thirty years old. Turns out she's thirty eight. What and yeah, yeah, it turns kind of like comes with me for a loop. I was like, well, we had a lot in common, we shared a lot of stuff, we had it. I had a great day. I thought we had a good time. But I just don't do well with liars. How do you know she was lying about her age? Well her because her birthday on her on her social media page?
Speaker 1: Okay, and then you asked her her real birthday or something like how did you find out the real birthday? Yeah? It shows on apps like how old they are on one?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: But then so she said she's said she was thirty three. Okay, so it said she was. But then you saw her birthdate on what.
Speaker 3: On her social media? On her face? Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So you didn't ask her about that.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't really need to ask her anything. I mean, she already lied to me. She's gonna lie to me again. What do you ask You're not supposed to have a woman in her age, right, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, maybe it's like an accident. Maybe it was like a typo. All of a sudden, you put in the wrong number and you're thirty eight. I don't know. I just feel like, does it matter how old she is?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Like, does is that really what bothers you?
Speaker 3: No, don't get it twisted. It's not about her age, okay, It's about the fact that she was. She wasn't a forthcoming. It's about I've had my own pass experience that some my lives about the little thing, the next thing, you know, everything, So it's kind it's just kind of a deal breaker for me, you know.
Speaker 1: So we spiral a little bit. That makes sense. Okay, Well, thanks for telling us, Jeff, I appreciate that. Are you also? Brie is on the phone. She's been listening this whole time and wants to talk to you. Oh, oh okay, Brie.
Speaker 2: Jeff, Yes, the age on Hinge is not correct. However, you would not have met me if I didn't fudge the number a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you know you did.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's so many it's not people normally don't bump the age up to thirty five. So I've noticed that the pool is much smaller. So I just reduced my age by a little bit. An age is nothing by that but a number, So I didn't think it was a big deal, and I didn't realize he was googling me.
Speaker 1: I think it's safe to assume that anytime you go on at risk of being googled, he.
Speaker 2: Should have asked me. You didn't even ask me. You just assumed that I'm like a big lire because it was hinge.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, honestly that that should have been one of the things you addressed on our date, you know, I mean, maybe something about letting me know that by the way, you know, maybe it wouldn't have been such a such a shock to me had I heard it from your mouth instead of finding out on my own.
Speaker 2: Okay, I understand that my intention was never to not tell you. I was planning on telling you, and then I just kind of got caught up in everything and forgot about and got nervous, and then it was just in the moment. The plan was never not to tell you. So have you lied to me about anything else?
Speaker 3: Is there anything else you want to come clean about?
Speaker 2: Or no, that's that's it. I don't know why I would lie about anything else.
Speaker 3: So, you know, we were listening there at the jukebox and you play all these songs, is I mean flowers you know by Miley. Is that not your favorite song? Is that?
Speaker 2: Are you lied about that too?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: That is my favorite song. You sa meat saying to it loudly. That is definitely my favorite salt.
Speaker 3: I mean you did you like the food that we had? Did you like my neighborhood spot there? Or did you lie about that as well?
Speaker 2: I food? I just enjoyed the food. It was great.
Speaker 1: I think Jeff has some trust issues, and that's okay.
Speaker 2: I'm not a liar. I'm not a bad person. I'm not like trying to trick you. Nobody after thirty five, like there's a cutoff on hinge. I don't know why. So the pool small for dating options. So I just made my net a little wider and I wouldn't have met you otherwise. I really don't think it's a big deal. I'm not lying about all sorts of weird things like pasta and me music. Okay, I was planning on telling you and then I just got caught up, That's all.
Speaker 1: Jeff, would you like to go on another date with Brie? We'll pay for it, give it a chance and griller in person?
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I would love to go on another date with breathe and I would love to, you know, come clean about whatever we need to come clean about.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Brea, congratulations, got another date.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You're going to be questioned every movie you make, but hey, more power to you.
Speaker 2: Yep, I will be asking you who Calean is.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, that's I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: You know what, It's true.
Speaker 3: I believe you.
Speaker 1: Oh, she had that in her back pocket. Ju Will's first Date follow up