Speaker 1: Look Mayer. Oh, I see you, my own Bowen. Look over there is that culture. Yes, wow, lost cult ding dong loss calling, making eye contact, making eye contact with all my girls and getting tact tied, tactile. We're doing things a little differently. We're gonna try something new. You're back. I'm back. Thank you for holding it down, girl.
Speaker 2: I would only appreciate it. Hold it down for my number one girl, my number one girl. You really got into it.
Speaker 1: There were a couple episodes there that I felt like my sister would be proud of. Oh my god. I just wanted to make it browd you, oh, brimming with pride.
Speaker 2: And I was listening to the Dave Mazzoni mariefounton episode the same time I learned what limerens was.
Speaker 1: What's limerens? It's like when you're obsessed with someone. Basically, it's just like a fancier term for like when you're obsessed with someone. Well that's good, yeah, And that's how you know that Bowen Nang is back. Now there's a vocabulary limerence. Can I give it a crack at spelling it? Yes? Yes, go, I think you're gonna nail it. L I M E R A n c E.
Speaker 2: They never said I wasn't a good speller, girl. We've talked about spelling these in the past, haven't weed Were you spelling me? I lost at the words satellite in the fourth grade, and you really did?
Speaker 1: Can you spell it? Well? First of all, can you spell it now? I don't know. Try I know how to spell it. S A T E L L I T. You did it. I think I added an extra tea in there. What I did?
Speaker 2: I think I did S A T T E. Oh, I remember it like it was yesterday. It is a core motherfucking memory.
Speaker 1: When you lose the spelling me and they say to you, I'm sorry, the word never leaves you. No, I'm sorry that is incorrect. I'm the use of the word incorrect as a weapon, and it usually is a weapon.
Speaker 2: We're getting We're picking up on so much stuff. By the way, my Colorado king over there wearing a Colorado shirt?
Speaker 1: Where are you from? I love him?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well that's that's even better. So then you found Colorado and you liked it enough to buy a shirt. Absolute perfect, really good. That's what I like to hear. Spend time there and you were missing I know, Okay, tell me. But first of all, I want.
Speaker 1: To say, yeah, what do you want to say that?
Speaker 2: I just want to say thank you everyone for I mean, there was really such a perfect level of understanding. Not that I expected anything less, but everyone got it, you know, and like that's the kind of people that I think are like in this little world of ours, and that's I'm really really grateful.
Speaker 1: So well, I mean, all I ever want and all we ever want is for you to feel like you are having fun doing this, because like this is just like this should be the cherry on top.
Speaker 2: Of life, honey, this is the cherry on top of the cake, in the words of Uba a new Real Housewives, and the cherry on top of the cake.
Speaker 1: These housewives don't know about what cherry's sort of like relation to desserts are, because see Lisa Barlow also was like it's the cherry on top of the icing, on top of the cake. These women don't know dessert culture or cherry culture. You know, they're not eating dessert.
Speaker 2: They're not eating there. I mean, they're not eating caviar either. Apparently, Okay, they are eating caviar, well not really, not really.
Speaker 1: Okay, So without pivoting too hard from this topic at hand, we will get into, of course neuronian all the culture because it was a we can only describe this last weekend as cultural cultural. But what I want to know from you, and I think that everyone wants to know that listens, is how are you feeling?
Speaker 2: I feel really good. I'm like getting better. I think there are like specific things that I have to do that are happening this week.
Speaker 1: Good for you. So you're gonna see about a girl. I'm gonna see about a girl.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna see about some dolls and the Valley of the doll sense, but not the bad dolls. It literally was Valley of the Dolls for a second where I was like on the wrong dolls.
Speaker 1: You were on the wrong door. So you feel that And this is nothing against anyone who's loving particular doll, and this doll makes should I say the dolls.
Speaker 2: I was on Welbutrin and I got and full transparency. I got a low dose of adult just to help with the travel, just to help with with adjusting to the hours. Just kind of really like it's not working. And I was talking to some friends last night about how Walbutrin really is not doing it for a lot of people, and if it's working for you, god bless. But Wellbutrin wasn't for me.
Speaker 1: I think that this is what I had heard about Wellbutrin when I was sort of stepping into my new era of not ignoring my mental health or being like I have a big plate, I can handle a lot, like this is just what feelings are, you know what I mean? And so I think that when I finally was ready to like actually engage and take accountability over my mental health, well Bututrin was sort of like I was warned against it just because I identify as a pretty anxious person and I've heard that like when you're dealing with anxiety that maybe isn't the girl totally. And so when you were saying you were struggling, and I was like, well, maybe it's because the well Buttrin of it all is just like I do think of you as a little anxious. You know, I'm anxious, right. I know.
Speaker 2: Certain people I mean won't name names, had like an issue with the word personalization. It is like the clinical term for like what I was, what I am experiencing.
Speaker 1: And so if you don't know what it is, you could always like fucking look it up, or you can be less obtuse.
Speaker 2: And this is a self knowledge journey that we're on for me at least, and we'll just leave it at that, because otherwise it gets too it gets a little cloying, which it shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: Like if I start talking a little too much about how like, oh I am completely disconnected from like yeah, these like really important elements of like who I am, right, then people start to sort of check out, which, of course, like they don't know what I'm talking about because it's hard for me to even drill down too specifically into that.
Speaker 1: Right, I understand, And I think that like what I'm so happy about, I know everyone will be so happy to hear, is that you are taking accountability of it, taking taking initiative. And I think, because once that happened, I can only speak for myself, I was genuinely a million times happier. And I will also say I went up on my dose just to be totally transparent, and this has been you know, it's been an incredibly difficult three weeks for me as well. Like that's totally separate outside of like anything that you were going through like I had a very close friend. We have a very close friend who suffered a huge, a huge personal loss, and it has been very difficult, and so I've sort of been grieving that in my own way as well. Also, I've been really like under the gun with a project that I'm doing, and like especially as the strikes happened, which we'll talk about because it also like sort of dictates how we can discuss things on this podcast and how we might be doing things going forward. It has been like a really stressful fucking time. And I will say, just having this little bit of help. And it's funny. Last time we were in this room with the camera's row and we talked about this with Kelly.
Speaker 2: This is a medication room. This is the red room. This is the red This room is for crazy people. This room is for the pills. This room is for the pills. Yes, the pills, not the red pills. Not the red, not the red, the blue pills.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about red pilling because I think Ken in the Barbie movie gets red pilled. Yes way, but anyway, Yeah, Like I've just been so grateful for it. Yeah, And I think it's one of those things where it's like I kind of want to go back in time a few things, like you were always on me about therapy and that was major sure, and then this for however long I need the lecture pro It's been really great for you to see about the girl.
Speaker 2: Me too, And it took a lot of clarity from you well to me, Like I think you were very clear with me about how I should manage.
Speaker 1: This because I care about you so much. It's that thing of like it's I think a journey that we've been on about like codependency, right, because you are genuinely my best friend, like we genuinely do this together. But also outside of this, this like an entire relationship and like there's history and there's like a lot of care that goes into that. And I think sometimes it's like how do you care for someone in a real way? Do you tell them like do you use words like worried, concerned? Like do you ring alarm bells? Or do you say I'm here, But you're in it also in a place of inaction because you want to like make sure you're taking care of the person. For me, it's just like when you had said you expressed to me that you wanted to take a break. Like for me, that's just like this is great, but this is not everything, you know what I'm saying, And it's like I also know that you're involved with other things where it's not as easy to be like, hey, I'm taking a break.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is the cruelest irony is that, like, out of all the things that I'm doing, and it's not that it's too many things, but it was just a lot of demanding things, and out of all those things, it was like the thing that could be taken off the plate for a little bit was this, which is so terrible because it's the thing that I enjoy the most. And that is sort of the unfair ironic thing.
Speaker 1: About it all, where oh it was only three weeks.
Speaker 2: It was only three weeks, and girl, you you have something?
Speaker 1: Do you think I have something? Thank you?
Speaker 2: What is it that I say? Anyways, I love your ass.
Speaker 1: I love your ass.
Speaker 2: It's forever coded. My love for you is forever rule of culture number four four before my love for you.
Speaker 1: It's forever coded. Speaking of the rules, will you get into it? Come on?
Speaker 2: Joco Studio made this for us at joke at Joco dot Io.
Speaker 1: J oco dot io. I mean a bound book. So I just forgot that podcasts are not a visual medium. All of a sudden, we have we have these cameras, and we showed the book to the cameras, and you listening in your car don't know what the hell we're doing. So someone sent in They made bound and everything a Rules of Culture first edition, first edition book for Bowen and I. And this is it. I mean, you flipped through it, and it's got pictures, it's got all the rules. This is exhaustive work, and this is how you know the readers are the best in the biz. And then you open up the rule book and some things really jump out, such as ruled culture number six, super base is our national anthem. I mean, I'm sorry, but we were so right on all of these. Number twelve. If bow and Yang got it wrong, other people are gonna get it wrong.
Speaker 2: Such a funny spelling the word satellite, such as spelling the word satellite. Here we go, I have something, Rule of Culture number twenty nine. It all comes back to Hillary Duff.
Speaker 1: Let's go back that to the beginning. Good and I bet if you went back in time and when we did that rule, I bet we sang those very words because people change but they don't.
Speaker 2: But they don't. It's for the culture number eight. People change, but they don't.
Speaker 1: And we just really want to say who not number thirty five. Unfortunately, Zuckerberg has a fat ass. I don't think we said that. We didn't say. I think we codified it into the rules, but we cannot have originally. I think this is after the surfboard picture, because he does want to have a donk on the board. Well, he pokes out the tailbone on the board. Do you think he knew there were paps around and he said, let me show off my fat ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Zuck, Oh, every pap is hired these days, even back then, even for Zuck.
Speaker 1: I just want to quickly read. This book is dedicated to the readers, the publicist, the finalists, and most importantly the Katies. Wow. Okay, so this book is Katie Coodd. May you forever be informed on the pulse and finding things that make you say quote culture is for me. This is amazing, so nice, and I do just want to I think we both want to say that if there ever is a piece of merchandise that we come out with that maybe even has this title. It's been an idea for a long time, and we did not steal it from at Joco Dot.
Speaker 2: We did not steal it from at Joko di Io. You have to know it won't be in this exact format either. Oh, we're saying too much.
Speaker 1: With culture number nineteen, Blackpink. Those girls they really do have choreo down.
Speaker 2: It's true. That is one hundred percent. That's one hundred percent true. So I read that superbasse Yes, Yes, that goes to Barbes, which goes to Barbie?
Speaker 1: Should we talk about Barbie? I mean, it is the culture and can we just say I think that's what the girls want to hear, that's what the girls.
Speaker 2: Want to hear, and off the it is pretty remarkable. And I think what you inform this whole discussion is we have monoculture for once.
Speaker 1: Wow, do we Dowey? I mean we were talking out there, me and the girls that are behind the cameras. We were all excitedly talking yes about Barbenheimer. Yeah, so full disclosure, we are going tonight to say Oppenheimer. So we haven't seen it, but Barbie we saw. And I think that my initial reaction to it, because everyone it was one of those things where it's like people are dressed, people are going Yeah, I was so excited. My excitement was out of ten. And then I walked out of it and I was just like my reaction and even me, who's like a maximalist and loves this shit, my reaction was that was a lot. And I didn't really know how I felt. I knew I had laughed and sort of enjoyed every minute, but as a movie, I didn't know how I felt. A few days have gone by. I think it's one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah, I love it. Yeah, Okay, so what's like congealed in those few days?
Speaker 1: Can you know? I have to give credit to Joel Kim. Yeah, because I went to a party with a bunch of queers with differing opinions. Yes, sort of, because it's really like the fever pitch feels very positive, but people do have opinions about this movie, and isn't that beautiful? It's beauty, it's beauty. But I was sort of like airing on the side of like, I don't know, I don't know if it worked. And then Joel Kim was like.
Speaker 2: It's play logic, it's not about world building necessarily because there is no world building when a kid picks up a barbie. Yeah, yes, and you would express that to me, and that clicked for me as well. Yes, I agree with that, and I celebrate that, and I am of the mind that it's genius to prioritize that. Yeah, and sort of like forsake like traditional film logic or at least like you know, like world building.
Speaker 1: Logic like that.
Speaker 2: But then I do kind of come away from that movie thinking I really enjoyed that. It did feel like a bag of loose, unspooled thread. And should we just say, I do think we should spoil the movie. So if you haven't watched it, oh yeah, no, fast forward maybe like ten to fifteen minutes. It's a Wednesday after a monocol It's a Wednesday after monoculture.
Speaker 1: We'll just say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the end of the movie, I go, wait, why did she become? Did you want to become human?
Speaker 1: See? That's my thing? Yeah, is that was just like there were so many ideas, Yes, there were so many things happening to the point where I was just like, at the end, it's weirdly like a thinker, you know what I mean. It's a surrealist fantasy comedy, which, of course, but it's not just this thing where you sit back and like you could just really like sit there and watch it without thinking, no you like by the end, I was like, Wow, this was like existentialist and you know, really deep, surprisingly deep, especially for something that like is also at the same time so sort of gloriously dumb, and which something I loved about it. But what I think was it was like very clearly too extremely smart and funny people sitting down and having the time of their lif and just throwing all the ideas out there in a way a kid might give me a million of these before you give me one more of literally insert anything here, right.
Speaker 2: Did we talk about this the other day where I would have loved some Barbie looking person in the real world to go up to her be like, oh my god, yeah, like you're my like you're my heroes, you are my icon. Like that complicates it even more. I think there's even a nice little thing there that like compliments the teens being like you're fascist, you suck, Like you're the reason why, like femininity is like crazy or whatever. I would have loved for like on the other side of that coin for somebody to be like, oh, you made me who I am. And then and then like Barbie sees her be like a terrible person. Yeah maybe absolute privileged, Yes, yes, yes, there was this weird thing that happened where it's like they show the Barbie world and it actually is very diverse and inclusive and it's a party and it's a matriarchy and.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. And then when Barbie goes to the real world, they're like, fuck you, fuck off. And there is this thing that like Barbie goes through where she's just like it almost is like a reckoning with privilege right there. She's like, what do you mean, I'm well intentioned, I come from this, and then she's confronted in the real world and it's like, no, what you represent is this and actually it's this label, this, this, this, And so you actually see the Barbie character go through something in a really short period of time in a funny way, which I think a lot of white women go through, which is just like or white people go through, which is just like you have to understand like in an atmosphere and in like a culture where we're constantly branded and sold in everything, and it's catered to a certain person, like just watching her deal with all of that despite what she is stands for actually in reality, I thought that was an interesting way to go about the Barbie thing because it's like, there have been I guess quote unko diverse barbiees and dolls for quite a while, but I still think you think Barbie. And one of the top items of discussion is, for example, Sudi like she was not allowed to have that or engage with that at all as a child because her mother was like, this is fascism, literally, I mean, and like, so it's a really interesting I think way to personalize that for the character, for her to be personally attacked for what she represents and called a fascist, but the intent of her and the brand in general, especially because this is produced by Mattel, is sort of like no, no, no, that's not what we meant. But yet they are responsible for it, right totally.
Speaker 2: And then I think Greta had Margo producer, had the impossible task of like making it not a commercial, not like a hand geography, not like Mattel we love you, yeah, And like I can't believe they got the Ruth Handler jokes in about how like I got danged for tax of Asian stuff, but that's a different movie. Yeah, I'm like, oh, the andler A State is gonna let that slide.
Speaker 1: They wait for it. Yeah, yeah, yeah. And you have to imagine this, like because I feel like Greta and Noah probably got a lot of leeway because they are so acclaimed, because they are so successful and there is like a trust level in them. But you have to imagine this movie was fucking noted. Oh you know what I mean, like to within an inch and like, so the fact that we arrived where we arrived and that it did as well as it did, and that it gets an a Cinema score and a ninety percent on Rotten Tomatoes, this is like it's a huge deal. You know, not to make an obvious joke, but it is like a pink unicorn and that like, of course it's one of the world's most famous toys. But it's not a sequel or a franchise or et cetera. Right, Oh, it's a franchise. But you know, the.
Speaker 2: Ip is something that they they did the right thing by like completely starting from scratch in a way, because they could have they could have been like, oh, it's not Barbie, it's Skipper, it's Midge, it's Christy. It's like all the girls are there, but they're not all named Barbie, right, and all the men are not named Ken. They could have done that and would have been it really would have been a different movie. Yeah, they get away with all of these gender assessments based on the joke that you just sub in male female for Ken Barbie right exactly.
Speaker 1: And I think it was really fun. I think you know what's so funny is that all like the higher ups at Mattel are men. Yeah is that really true?
Speaker 2: That's really And I think they even like say that in the movie. It's like no, like this is it, this is it, and like they slipped that in and like I think the people at matel are like yeah, sure. And then it makes you go, is it a good thing or a bad thing that like other companies that end up making movies will like allow themselves to be like lightly roasted in this way.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I guess then it comes down to like cool, Yeah, take the light roasting. Look cool because you allowed yourself to be roasted, But also like are you going to do anything about it? Like I guess that would be the thing to check in on in six months, where it's just like, yeah, cool, you allowed yourself to be the butt of this joke, your own joke, yes, but also like did it remain the same yeah, And there's it's really funny because like I think people that don't even understand that they're doing this. There is a lot of sexism even in the conversation about the movie in terms of through a critical lens, like something I've seen more than once and this is just it really makes me laugh. Is the boiling down of a few of these reviews about Margo and Ryan's performances are Margo really proves she has what it takes to be a movie star. And I'm like, and they're like, and Ryan should be nominated for an oscar and he did it again, and it's one of the most underutilized clowns in the business. It's like, this man has been doing this for a while, Like and also like to shift all the focus to him and say, Margot Robbie finally has proven what it takes to be a movie star. I'm like, she's been a movie star now for over ten years. Her first film was at least in terms of like what everyone saw was opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in a performance that made her a movie star immediately. And it's just like you see her being praised, sure, but not a lot of conversation about her being as involved as she was for as long producing. Not enough conversation. I think about just how difficult it is to just hold the center of this movie.
Speaker 2: Like it is crazy and like carry this entire press tour that has no TV options, right, and like be the mediator between Mattel and Greta. Is that that is her job as producer on this Yeah, and literally like look at people's schedules and be like can we make it work with this person?
Speaker 1: Now? You know, Like literally like it comes down to that. Yeah. And I mean like this is the nuts in the bolts, And I'm thinking like she's way, way, way smarter and more important than people are actually realizing. Like I think, like in terms of like why this movie is so big and why it's so successful, it's like she's a top three reason. Oh yeah, you know what I mean. And like I always say, you know, I know that there's like, well, some of the craziest people in America are online saying that America Frera deserves an Oscar nomination for her performance. I'm like, America was great, But guys, I don't know. She was great. She was great, Yeah, but it's like Oscar nomination. And that's why when people just throw that out there, I'm like, you guys are so we don't know. They don't know because she.
Speaker 2: Has that one monologue which, by the way she delivers, she killed, she kills, she landed the plane.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think for people that I've been having this conversation for a long time, that monologue is gonna feel very twenty eighteen. And I'm talking about her monologue which she talks about how difficult it is to be a woman. And what I think we have to remember is it sort of is when you're dealing with monoculture like this, it's like that James Cameron thing right when we were talking about how it's like with Kiki. Yes, yeah, it has to be for everyone, and maybe not everyone has had this conversation. And so when you're putting out a movie that's a big and important and potentially influential as the Barbing movie, as we've proven to see just how huge it is, like it's okay for that monologue to feel like something you've heard before totally and performed really well, is it Oscar worthy? I don't know one thing. The reason I got there though, was because, as you know, my rubric of the Oscars is could anyone else have done it? Could anyone else have done Barbie like that? And shepherded that to the huge amount of success and trusted with the director and had such a singular, entwined vision like they did. I don't know. I guess what I'm saying is Margot Robbie.
Speaker 2: F YC, f y C, this makes me excited for I pitched you a movie for when we're like in our forties and fifties, for some huge when.
Speaker 1: They're finally ready for us.
Speaker 2: When I shared it with some people last night and they were like, that's really good, I mean it is, I was like, that's me.
Speaker 1: I like, man, are going to do that one thing about us? We have a big plan. It's I will say, I'm inspired by the color in this room. It's red. It's for coke, it's for Coca Cola. We have an idea. We have an idea for a Coca Cola movie. What is bigger than Barbie CoA. Literally literally everyone loves it. Everyone loves it, everyone knows it. It's worldwide, yeah, like candy bursts, like candy burris. And it's to two worldwide things, candy bursts and cocaine. That's real coachure number six.
Speaker 2: It's two worldwide things, candy birst and coke cocla, not the other one.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen. Cocaine is pretty international too. That's true. That's true.
Speaker 2: But I think I think it's just specific little routes.
Speaker 1: We've sworn off the stuff. We've sworn off the stuff. You have a raised eyebrow at drugs now, and so do I for.
Speaker 2: A little bit, who knows how long, but I am kind of like, wait a minnute, this is too much.
Speaker 1: Well, I've realized, and maybe this is just mid thirties, but I've realized, like being so fucked up is actually pretty much always better in theory than practice, always always unl well us. It's like a little bit of mushrooms at Taylor swift eras Denver was that Denver it was both oh great, you know what I mean, just a little nibble I had just we had a little nibble in Jersey and it was perfect. We were in the perfect vibe for Jersey, I would say. In Denver I was a little bit more fucked up. Yeah, I saw the video. You were having fun, girl, I was having a time. By the way, the show was fucking great. And also everyone in Denver, I see how nice you are. Denver's a town of sweeties. You have to know. A few people came up and said hello, yeah, one Katie, one Catherine, Wow, amazing, and Catherine said almost, Katie almost, and then I was like, Katie, she goes yeah, but that was lovely. But yeah, No, just drugs in general. Maybe we're just getting old. Yeah, and that's okay, that's okay, that's okay, different kinds of drugs now medicinal medicinal dolls. Okay. Speaking of the dolls, there are new dolls. There are new dolls. There are new dolls to sort of play with. Mm hmmm, the new dolls of the Real Housewives of New York. Again. We're seeing Oppenheimer tonight.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we'll talk about Appenheimer. Maybe we'll talk about it next week. But this is so interesting, like the strike of it all, Like I remember I posted a picture of me in the Barbie box, and I was like, can I post this?
Speaker 1: Is that allowed?
Speaker 2: You're going to the movies for a movie that was made pre strike, that's already been promoted, that's already released.
Speaker 1: Like it's fine. There's a degree of anxiety though in what I'm calling friends Queen Era, Yes, yes, we're on strike, but really this is friend clean Era. So she's come out and said, no one from SAD can promote any of their projects. You can't promote anything like And then actually my agent called, which was when I knew it was serious, and she was like, you can't even be like congrats to my friend on doing this. So, for example, like we were going to have a couple people on the podcast to promote certain things, and now I think we have to either hold on that or just like change the way we talk about it for now because those are the new rules.
Speaker 2: I think we can have people on and just be like, let's the same. Yeah, I mean that's ultimately it's kind of freeing. It is kind of freeing, but you do kind of want to ask, like, what was it like on the set of Theater Camp?
Speaker 1: You know what? Though? You know what though, and we have to bleep that out. We did have to bleep that out like it's catch wait a minute, like it's we can not talk about what you did without the bleep blurb is scabbing. I don't know about that. I'm not promoting people, go see this movie. Here's what here's what we can say. I saw theater Camp this weekend and I loved it. That's what we can say, Like we just did with Barbie, that's not a promotion. That is a review. A review, is it a review promotional whatever? It's confusing.
Speaker 2: It's very confusing. I saw you in the comments on the Variety reel about like what actors people, because it.
Speaker 1: Is the trades are trying to confuse people.
Speaker 2: The trades are trying to confuse people. And I thought you were of the mind that, like, let's be very specific about what YES can and cannot do. I thought we could on our podcast, let's say be like we were going to have this person and this person from this movie and just leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Well what I said with the Zane episode last week, because we talked for a half an hour about projects that we've done together and that he's in Yes, and I cut it out because I was told espressly, you can't do that. See and everyone if you're listening to this right now and you're like, huh, that's how fucked up the studios are. Okay, it has to be this, yeah, in order for it to change as a labor issue because of them, and understand, Like I totally get being like confused by all this or like huh, like, oh, actors and writers are striking, Like it is a serious thing, and it's also bigger, yes than this. I mean if you really look at it, like these studio people, they make so much fucking money and it's so insulting when you consider what these guilds, what these unions are asking for that like, you know, it's it's hard for me to be like, you know, tell anyone what to do, but like stand with these guilds, them with our union because we really are. Like there's a lot of misinformation out there. And that's what pissed me off about that Variety thing, Yes, because it was some girl from Variety and the trades are in with the studios, Yes they are. And so she was being like, here's a list of things actors cannot do while the strike is happening, Singing, podcasting, like down the line like breathing, basically saying like, because they're on strike, they are not participating in any element of the industry, which is not true. We are not participating anything promotionally as they relate to struck companies, but we are allowed to still do our podcast singers are allowed to sing if they're in SAG like. It's just ridiculous, and they're trying to make it. They're trying to make us look like crazy and unreasonable.
Speaker 2: And there are a lot of nuanced things about this that even we don't quite understand, such as and I think this is going to like play out in the next couple weeks as we get closer to some festivals. But like, there are indie studios like A twenty four that are figuring out ways to waive promotional and they've already done that with shoots, but they're trying to figure out a way to like allow certain projects to be promoted in a way that complies with SAG strike roles and guidelines. And that is a good thing because it does show people and especially people within the unions that like, let's like promote how like the indie arm of this industry can thrive and flourish and be healthy, and it's not like a full austerity thing of like nothing can stay, nothing can work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And also it shows that there are people out there with the money who make these calls like that, that are willing to collaborate and they are willing to bend and they are willing to be fair. But unfortunately that isn't anyone in our sort of new culture where it feels like five people run the industry, which has been a problem and continues to be a problem. Unfortunately, you'd be shocked to hear those are the people that are being very rigid. And people keep asking like how long do you think the strike is going to go? How long do you think the strike is going to go? And I've just started being like, I don't fucking know.
Speaker 2: January, it's giving lockdown, it's giving early early COVID, Like we really, we literally don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing about January, though, is the thing that like all the studios do have in common is that I think they do care about awards, and if the strike goes into like the period where they release all their awards contenders, that kind of fucks up the schedule there for them. And then they kind of lose out on it, like a year of prestige.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, look, i'd heard, like I heard do the Grape Fine, that the studios would crunch the numbers and decided there was like a date in August that they could go without all this. Huh. But now the more you hear about like just how far apart everything is, it's scary. Yeah. I had heard November, and then I was thinking, like, but if it's gonna go till November and the industry sort of shuts down in December because of the holidays, why wouldn't you just go to extend it to do You know what I'm saying, It's just like it just feels like I don't even know what to say about it. But what I do know is when I see something that's just incorrect, which is like this insane insinuation that like because the actors are on strike, they're completely stopping any avenue of livelihood Like that is not true. Like podcasting will continue, touring will continue, music will continue. And if if this is causing anyone like discomfort, it's because we're at a place where like just wealth inequality. Yeah, it's wrong, and someone has to take a stamp. Mm hmm. But that's that. But that's that anyway to be get there from Ronie. Let's go back to Ronie, shall we?
Speaker 2: Thoughts, Well, I still need more time because you know what it was first episode, which that episode in particular has the impossible task of like getting everybody on board with these people when we have all these attachments with the previous group. And then the second episode, I love that we're already doing a trip. I was very and this is having me change my mind about Brin. I was missing Bran and I go then she's a very important part of this on some absolutely, and so it was like, I need more time. I need Brent to go there and teach these girls yoga. Yes, she'll be there, she'll be there. Yes, I saw in the next episode preview. I need her to go there. Really kind of jolt this so far, I'm intrigued.
Speaker 1: I'm oblessed. Okay, talk about this. First of all, what I love is that they're sharing, they're passing the ball, you think, yes, I really do. Here's how I would boil it down. Jenna lyons like she's so fascinating and there's never been a housewife like her. I do think she thinks she's a little better than the show. I'm curious about her motives to be on the show. I think she very much wants to be on reality television. She had her show on HBO Max was agramas called Stylish with genera lions. I watched that, and then she comes to Housewives and she's like, I'm uncomfortable in group settings. I'm reserved and shy.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna tell you about my significant eye, i will not tell you about my relationship.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, what exactly was the motive to get on this show? And I'm seeing maybe Jenna Lyons like and this is I think what's fascinating about her is I think she's going to peel layers off of herself because she's going to be forced to because these women are not going to allow her right to be the one that gets away with things if they're all exposing themselves exactly. And you can even tell in the second episode, Si yes Cy being like she knows my husband, why can't we know her girlfriend? But aren't we friends?
Speaker 2: By at that point, I'm gonna be like, well, that's a spouse is different than a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: But that's I don't know if you're a housewife.
Speaker 2: Yes, we as an audience and they as friends have a right to know who the spouse is. For dating someone, like if you're dating someone, if my girl is dating someone new, I don't have to know everything about the person, not.
Speaker 1: Everything about the person. But I think when you go on reality television and you're saying, like the idea here and what's compelling is I'm going to open you up to my life, you think you'd open up your life. And I think it's interesting because you do see her in confessional mom, Yeah, and she's willing to open up. I think she wants to go there. And I think she was saying in so many words, like my girlfriend doesn't want to be a part of this, and I have to respect that. And I have to respect that. And this is a decision I've made for myself. I didn't make it for her, which is, you know, there is this interesting thing, and I've dealt with it, like I'm sure that like people have dealt with it to a certain extent. But it's like when you like someone and you want them to be in your life, but they're uncomfortable with that part of it.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know I'm saying totally, and so then what do you do if you're a general Lions. What do you do if Matt Rogers is General Lions. If I'm General Lions, if you're at the topping roads in the Hampton's and they're asking you know.
Speaker 1: What, I guess I do exactly what she's doing, but you open up another areas. I open up in other areas. And also, I think, because obviously she wants to put her relationship first, that's meaningful to her, but she can't be surprised when these women who don't have those boundaries are going to come for her in that way, because that's again, that's another decision that you make. When you say this area of my life is off limits, and that sentence becomes a storyline, then it's a storyline.
Speaker 2: It's a storyline, and then people want to uncover that exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, the vultures come out to hunt. The vultures will pick your bones. In the words of Oprah, pick your vultures are waiting to pick your bones.
Speaker 2: That to Megan Markle it was to someone maybe are waiting to pick your bones.
Speaker 1: Wow. If that wasn't that interview, then that quote gets lost because of course it was not an interview.
Speaker 2: It was not an interview, but ClickHole did do like a super cut of all the time. Oprah has said, the vultures are waiting to pick your super impose that audio. The vultures in this case being the other girls, the other girls and the New York Post, The New York Post. What are your feelings about the other women? I love how me and Jessel is to her husband now we find out they don't fuck.
Speaker 1: I actually but I actually don't love Jessel. You don't, do you know what I mean? I'm into Jessel.
Speaker 2: She's a fashion girl, but she's still wearing Alexander Wang in the year twenty twenty two as when they shot that. I'm like, you know, don't you know this? Are you a PR girl?
Speaker 1: Like oh wow to be in PR in fashion pr and not know that like kind of persona and nongrato. You know what, though, this is what I'll say without saying too much. Fashion people are very sensitive and they're very like defensive about the cancel culture. Of course, of course, like I've talked to a few people because there's like, you know, I'll just don't chickamon of it all. Huh, Like they have a very racist, problematic history, a recent history even that they never really addressed. But a lot of people make an issue with it. But you still see it being worn a lot. And so in my conversations with people that are in fashion, I do get the sense that, like people are very defensive about it and like, well, you can't do that, like cancel culture is wrong, right right right.
Speaker 2: It's like, let's say you're being a little bit more impassioned than anyone else was about the original problem, which is their fault anyway.
Speaker 1: Especially her being like an Indian woman, and literally I was obsessed with genaal lines being like you can't have the wordmark of Blenciaga. Come on, what do you literally what are you doing? Literally, what are you doing? What are you doing? And that's what I love, because one thing Jenna Liance is achieving is she does seem like the sekhest person in New York. That vintage Mercedes took my breath away. Forget it. I had to rewind. I like, does she just drive up into light blue vintage Mercedes to the Hamptons. I was like, well, this is.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed with the pearls and the necktie and the confessionals. I'm like, fuck everything. That's exactly right. When she called her dickla Taja Landing Strip.
Speaker 1: She's a little key. Oh yeah, she's talking about fucking. She is talking about fucking, and I'll be honest, I felt a little horned up when she said when it's two women, both people get taken care of. Oh my god, wait, do I have a genal lions Lauren? Lauren Matt's go to Jenna. Matt's got a general rons, big culture, big New York culture. I'm not putting Jenner Lions out there on her own for Cold Open. Matt is putting on the glasses. He's gonna go out there with her as a second Jenna. Jennah's gonna sneak up on him. Jennah's gonna sneak up on him, and He's gonna be, of course aloof because she's a loof. Because she's a loof. I told him react as Jenna. I don't know this that this is what he says. I don't work for him or with him. Yes, absolutely, you're in. You're in the diamonds. I mean, I like so, I like Jenna a lot. I like Yes, Uba has won me over. Uba has won me over within an episode. I was like, first, I was like, I don't know about this. Yeah, now I'm like, love it. I'm into Uba. Love how far aways your house from provisions? It's so funny. I didn't expect to turn on her right this quickly. I kind of don't care for Cy. I like Cy.
Speaker 2: Everything that comes out of her mouth is well, I'm a content creator, I'm a digital influencer. I grew up poor, and so I bring five ply toilet paper to someone else's house.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, can we talk about this toilet paper thing? Yeah, okay, I don't think I had ever thought about this, but I think I do judge when I go to someone's house and their toilet paper is like, butthole problematic. Do you know what I'm saying? Yeah, the single ply like when you rub it on your hole and it feels like a little bit like sandpaper.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's like, it's unacceptable to me. It's like what they would have on an airplane right.
Speaker 1: Restroom. For me, it's just like, yeah, I think that It's something I had not thought about until this episode. But if your toilet paper is really bad, that to me, is just like physically inconsiderate of your guest.
Speaker 2: Buttholes, I don't know, would you find it rude if someone brought their own toilet paper to like your vacation house.
Speaker 1: What that says to me? Because, by the way, readers, this is what happened. So Ci on the Real Houses in New York was concerned that Aaron on the Real Houses of New York would not have acceptable toilet paper at her Hampton's home, which I'm sure she's got top of the line stuff. But Ci brings the toilet paper into the house because she needs her specific toilet paper. For me, this is a great a Housewives move. I love it. I lost classic Housewives move. What I think it was rude. The insinuation is that you're cheap. Yeah, the host, the host.
Speaker 2: I just what really got under my skin right at the top of episode two was her packing nine suitcases for a three h trip.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, I really disliked this kind of person. It was garment bags.
Speaker 2: Though it was not great, it was full fucking a lot of the bags were garment bags.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was too much back, it was too much package. But she Okay, So here's the thing. So now as someone who's been doing a good amount of branded when you're doing it, you know it's cringe, but also the money is real. Yes, I don't begrudge her of doing it. She's getting her content.
Speaker 2: I think all she talks about is for content, and that's where I'm like, there's got to be something else, Like, what do you like to do?
Speaker 1: Do you think it's over correcting? I think it's definitely compensatory. Yeah, I want to know what the husband did. Oh, because he's retired, you think there's a gun chocks that you No, I don't think that at all. Okay, I just want to know because they live in the most gorgeous brownstone. Yes, they do live in a gorgeous Oh, oh my god. Well all these women have amazing home. Yes, we haven't seen prince House. Though we have not seen Prince House. You're right, I get the feeling she's the most loudest. Yeah, down home, down home, Yeah, yeah, I will say. Her tagline has really grown on me. What is it? I'll dit your dad. I love to laugh, but maked date your dad. I love the fact that I love to laugh, but make me mad. And now that your dad like, don't relive in the same sentence, and that to me makes it perfect. And the way she bites her lip when they edited it into the thing, it made me really, Yeah, it's good gravitates to gravitate to her.
Speaker 2: Of course, I do think that Jessel has a tagline that's that's a little too good for her, which is I always bring the flavor.
Speaker 1: It's not my fault. You don't have any taste really good. Her lingerie that she got from Gemma that was disgusting. It was bad. Lingerie is terrible. But if I didn't bring lingerie to like a lingerie themed thing, it's like a beggar. It's not a beggars can't be chooses.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, I'm not gonna if you gave me shitty lingerie, I'm not gonna be like, nah, this looks stupid.
Speaker 1: I would say this after a whole day of converse. So basically they have this whole day of conversation about how she's like self conscious about her body because her city section scar, she's not fucking her husband. It's been a topic as it's a nerve. Yeah, and then you get a piece of lingerie when all these women, some of them are literally modeled. Yeah, you're someone who's obviously very image conscious because you're in fashion. You're also on the Real High Stars of New York. On the second episode, you get lingerie given to you by Jenna Alliance. That's size or two too big, right, I mean, Jenna knows that's not cute. Sure, for me it was. This is maybe a controversial opinion. It was within bounds of her to complain, maybe not to the extent that she was. I've been like, this is fucking disgusting, It's terrible, I hate it, this is hideous. That's what I'm saying is the extent, the extent of.
Speaker 2: The complaining is what kind of graded on me, And that I get the more that were talking about it, the where I'm like, okay, this is good.
Speaker 1: Like if I said to all of our friends, if it was all of us, like if we all went to Fire Island, which was like our Hampton's culture, and I said, you guys, I got us all garments. Yeah, and I gave you a garment that was like a tent and ugly. But if everyone else brought a garment and I did not bring a garment, and you get But.
Speaker 2: I don't think they brought the garments. I think the garments were all gifts from Jenna. Yes, oh okay, I missed that part.
Speaker 1: That to me was what was kind of about it. And I was like, then, yeah, then we're team Jessel and then this I understand her reaction. Yes, yes, I get it totally because it's like, girl, it's too big, you know what I mean, Like, and then you're going to force me to come down in it, right, and with the context of what we talked about with her husband, what they all talked about as a group about the husband, and yeah, okay, that's tough. That's tough. Now now we're going to see now we're getting into the housewives. This is the meat of the show.
Speaker 2: This is the meat of the show. I just did reminisce even today before before that word.
Speaker 1: I love that word, reminisce. Reminisce. Isn't that a gorgeous word? Yeah, I'm like, literally bad, I N I s C. I don't think that's right. Oh r E R M and I SC that's what you said. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to know because I think that it's still could be wrong. Reminnace. No, it's reminisce. That was good. Thank you, Becca produce. Rebecca, who, by the way, is in the merch? Can you just get can we just make sure that did you flop? Okay? Good? So she's in the merch, which I think looks way cuter on a human being in person than it does on the website. This is what the girls are doing, is the merch drops are accompanied by a little cute photo shoot in the park. We should have been on that. It's okay, that's for next time. We know, for next time, next time, we know. But the merch is really cute.
Speaker 2: The merch is really cute. Okay, yeah, it's really good. Can we talk quickly about well I was reminiscing about. I was literally going, gosh, we had we had a rats will on this show.
Speaker 1: We really did once. And Carol is although I didn't realize that she was photographed with Gallaine Maxwell at one point, I didn't know that, and she.
Speaker 2: Like had to beat off allegations that like she she was in Epstein contact. No did she really her name was in some book and she had to be like, I've never met him.
Speaker 1: You do not want your name in an Epstein book. You really don't it's really closure number nine. You do not want your name in an Epstein book. That is a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But she I just think like her, even being like dangentially as succeeded with Epstein. There's something so hilariously old New York quote unquote old New York about it, old money. Literally is like, God, these like stupid fucking rich people. Yeah, you know what I mean, and that there's something ronie about that. Yeah, there's a thing ronie about that. And I'm missing that, and I know that it's an intentional I'll reset to have none of that in this iteration. But like a Morgan and we hand, you know, a countess, but like Carol, like was in Kandahar for six weeks reporting for ABC News, that is a woman. These women are impressive though they're very impressive women.
Speaker 1: I would say, like, and I'm hesitant to even bring the politics into it because obviously I can't verify this, but like the errand of it, all the errand of it. Also apparently allegedly Erin maybe donated some money four hundred dollars to Trump after the election. After the election. The funniest detail, which is truly insane, that story is developing. Yes, but it's a shame because I do like her on the show.
Speaker 2: I know, but unfortunately it's really hard for me as an audience member to have her come back from that. I'm watching it, I go, I don't like.
Speaker 1: I don't like you. If that's the case. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but listen, that's why you don't do that. Right, speaking of don't do that, I have really been struggling with you not being here during these last few weeks seven just like that, let's talk about it. Well, is there anything to say? Does anything happen on the show? You know what? That's that's a lie. In this last episode, a lot of things happened, but it took a really long time for things to happen. Right. The cha ideas of it all is has now become the monster is now self aware the focus group from a couple episodes ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did not think that they would go in that direction, and I'm kind of into it. Maybe it's like that Barbie thing of like, see we're self aware.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I think Sara Ramirez at the end of the day, they are one of our great talents. One it is like some little injustice that they were given this role to begin with. Across the board, the new women in the show are like, what is this? I'm like the contracts of it all, like the fact that, like Karen Pittman is under contract with this show and she, as her character Naya has to just sit at dinner and like, oh my divorce, hold on and write a text message and then be like ugh, okay, dealt with that, and we as the audience don't know what happened. The women are not interested in asking her about it. Nope, and messed up.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you, this is the problem with it is It's like you could have had a show about Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte that was them, like engaging in the new world without being so patronizing as to include all these new women and do nothing with them exactly. And then the one you do the most with is the worst. Sema is terrible.
Speaker 2: I feel comfortable publicly saying that. I really every line read to me is giving rolling on rehearsal. She's out of her genre, rolling on rehearsal. Like we loved Serita and Homeland. She was great in Homeland, all of the projects. This is just not the genre and I'm just.
Speaker 1: Like, there was no care put into any of these characters or the casting. I swear to god, every scene with LTW and her husband is still written by Sasame Street writers. It becomes Sasame Street when when they're on camera. I don't believe that these are conversations that this couple has. It's wild to me, and then like it comes at the expense of the main storylines, and then you just have a weird, bad show these scenes and onlines that are not buttons. There's like a scoring in the show which is very just concerning. Oh my god, the scoring, Mama, what it's like never there, It's like it's not moving. Sarah Jessica looks bored and miserable. I think she's having fun, you think so. I think the whole like her waiting and urging care for that guy. I think she was like in her like meet cute bag that she hasn't been able to do for a while. I think the only person acting on the show is Cynthia, and Cynthia's doing it, and Cynthia's naeling She's doing great, but when it's compelling, it's like that scene with her and Steve Yes that was like incredible, right, I don't think her reaction it's shaving like I need space, and Miranda's like okay, like even just all that landing on her, you can tell.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, like this is great. Cynthia is incredible. She's an incredible actor. It's just like I don't believe that Miranda is this dumb, right, and just to go back to the LTW stuff, like there is nothing to track because out of nowhere, the husband is running for control, right because she said so, because she said to like an anniversary dinner as a way of like changing the parwadidamic with the mother in law, I'm like, right.
Speaker 1: What is Yeah, they've lost that thread. And now it's like they hint at there maybe gonna be conflict in their storyline because they both have an event, like a big event, because their whole thing is that they're busy.
Speaker 2: They're busy, and yet this woman is an award winning documentarian who uses iMovie. Check the damn interface on the mac. I mean she's editing her documentaries on a MacBook, not pro on immovie.
Speaker 1: Do people do that? Not award winning documentarian? You're certainly right, But I love that they were like oh, there's potentially going to be conflict here, and then her husband literally shows up for her, and the scene ends with her being like I'm so lucky to have support at home and it's like, okay, so what was the conflict of the storyline? Like what is it? I know, I know, it just becomes like it's wild. And here's the thing. It's weird to see people engage with the show because it's like there's this weird idea that's out there, like people have to be positive about it, or that people have to be like like, I don't know. I think that there's like definitely conversation about the quality, which is like low, it's just not well done. But there's this thing of like but we still love these women, and we love watching these women, and I'd rather have this than anything else. It's like, you guys, this is what's sort of broken about all you know what I mean. It's like we have to retriet this so much because like we can't actually get compelling new stories for women like this, and you can't coast on nostalgia alone. And I think like that's the thing is it's like we're really starting to pay for it. I mean, you see even the box off receepts for these well trod big properties like big IP like Mission Impossible, which I saw, like that's really failing. The Indiana Jones movie is doing very poorly. It's like I think that there is an exhaustion with these like stories being told and told and told again to the point where they actually are no longer interesting because we've literally seen it. We've seen it literally.
Speaker 2: And I was telling you that I think maybe with the Barbie movie is gonna set as a trend is like movies about like brands and companies now instead of like storylines, and all of those adaptations are going to be like meta, right, like.
Speaker 1: Nintendo and Barbie, like Mario and Barbie exactly. Literally the movies of the year are Mario and Barbie. And I know I understand that. I say, like Maria's Mario. There you go, No, no, no, there's no I'm not correcting you.
Speaker 2: Mario and Barbie, however you want to say it, let's call the whole thing. Those are the most those are the biggest characters in film and Barby Honey, and I liked both. And I want to talk about something that what I can't talk about it because it's strike.
Speaker 1: What is it? We're going to bleep it out like it's catch I'm doing a voice in the movie. Oh, I can't talk about it. Sorry, we can't, can't, I can't. We can't talk about You'll never know what project now because he can't talk about it. I literally can't talk about it. Can't sell your streamers. Fran Dresher and Duncan Crabtree Ireland are my gods. Fran. I know she got in trouble for going in parties with Kim.
Speaker 2: But can we just say I blame Kim because Kim fucking savvy as hell, knows what she's doing when she's like, get the camera, I want a picture with Fran Dresher. She knows exactly how it benefits Kim and how it hurts Fran.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like she knows. She's smart. She's one of the smartest. She's one of the smartest she is. Do you think that she'll be good? Can we talk about it? Neither of us are in it as far as I know. Unless that's one of your projects, are you in it? I didn't even get an audition for The American Horror Story. Kim Kardashian i'ma Roberts karadillavine.
Speaker 2: I think you're closer to American horror story than I am. You think so absolutely, definitely, definitely you've.
Speaker 1: Got the Ryan Murphy. You think I've got the Ryan Murphy. Look, you got the Ryan Murphy. Luk. I only mean that as a compliment. I only take my handsome king, my handsome girl. Listen, you know what I was watching what this is a really good documentary, the Rock Hudson documentary. I need it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah all that he allowed that Heaven Allows Yeah yeah, which is like a Rock Cutson movie. But then like they it was really good.
Speaker 1: It was it was actually fascinating, and I traditional handsomeness got me there. But I was just like watching it and I was like, what a fucked time. I know, like and I guess, like you know, it's still all fucked. But it's just so weird that like the secret lives that had to be lived, and like I just always like a chill runs up my spine when I see like gay men partying like in the pines, like in the eighties, like and around that time. It just like man, oh man, like it just it's so hard to wrap your head around I know that reality that nightmare. But anyway, I not to quickly descend into no, no devastation, but that was really a tough watch. You get the sense that, like it's sort of nightmare. It would have been impossible. Oh yeah for us, it would have absolutely been impossible for me, Yeah, for you, for so many people. I just think about, like, well, anyway, I literally just looked down on my paper and it said Rush by choice of And I'm like, at least we have queer joy, you know what I mean? Like, I just love my friends so much, and I love my community so much, and it's just sad. It's just very sad. And I that was top of mine because I had watched the Rock Cuts and documentary and if you want to marry an in that, you can go watch that. But I'm not going to drag the readers down with the ship here.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about another documentary and it's not that I've seen it, but I want to see it. But it's on studio platform.
Speaker 1: Oh damn it. So I feel like I should. You can't talk about it. Talk about it? Rush by Troy Sevon can be talked about. Let's talk about it. What a great song. I fucking loved it. I love it. I still love it. It's gonna make you on to pop the poppers. Absolutely. I also haven't. I haven't had sex, and like, I know, are we in our little vall cell era, I haven't had sex in two months? Does that sound right? Yeah? I yuess so yeah.
Speaker 2: The jessel up in here, you're getting it. I'm like a gay jess gay just two months is two years for gay? You wearing Alexander Wang never Me Never You Rush by Troy Sevon. I mean, can I confess? But I still haven't seen the music video. You haven't I know, Oh man, I've seen the clips and I'm like, oh oh, I mean there's some choreo. Yes, I I do love the choro.
Speaker 1: I might be whipping out some unknown talents acting a modeling, modeling that the single cover is like one of the most gorgeous photos and he's got his images down.
Speaker 2: I just I love that this man has chosen a lane, which is I'm gonna write songs about the moments right before something goes in there.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, one, two three, Take all of Me, Bloom. Look at the lyrics of Bloom. I Bloom just for you. I bottom just for you. That means that there was one person.
Speaker 2: My favorite choice of on lyric, You want to know what should be the last night ever? Should be the last night we're apart? Got my name on this treasure, on this treasure?
Speaker 1: Love it. My favorite choice of on lyric is Himan Easy, Easy, Easy, Please don't leave me.
Speaker 2: Amy, you and Troy No, I'm saying you. Can we talk about why you've been hanging out?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Can I just that's my strike, that's your strike. I want to say, and the broadest terms, and please cut me off? Okay to all the reader. Katie's publicists finalized, Matt is doing some very fun things.
Speaker 1: There will be a new era. There will be a new era. That's where we're gonna leave that. Okay, we can say that much honestly. Maybe by the time this is out, something will No. I don't know what I was gonna say, Okay, but one thing I want to say about Twitter becoming X. Yes, I saw that Twitter became X and I laughed, Yes, my ass because off because I just thought, this is the stupidest thing in the world, that Twitter becomes X. And I wanted to clear something up when I saw that Twitter was becoming X. I thought, Okay, this is really over. I thought this is really going down fine, So I decided to sort of tweet like the world was ending, you know what I'm saying, And that's what this tweet was. So basically, here's what happened. And I want to clear something up because I got a lot of concern messages. So I used to have a Twitter, and the way that I would tweet it sort of like the way I speak on this podcast, very like the plane takes off, I don't know if it's gonna land. Whenever I start a sentence, I just hope to land the plane, you know what I mean. Yeah, I don't know my words, but I do and all my heart a sort of essential tenet of my personality. That's my Housewives tag line. I don't know my words, but I do know my heart. So I decided to just start tweeting, like run on sentences crazy and I said something it's giving James Joyce. Yeah, I was just like crazy tweeting, like trying to make jokes, and then people were like, what's going on? This is cringe? What's wrong? Is something going on? Is something wrong? I think because of the content I honestly even forget what I said, but I was like, okay, so you can't actually just have fun on this platform and like do whatever because you can no longer communicate on that app. Like I miss when Twitter used to be a place where you kind of just like pop off and say anything and like you could be funny and like whatever. But now it's just like everything means something. It's just like it just gets so I can't even do that on Instagram anymore. Like I like just wanted to like talk some shit about like people who are tweeting. Literally Twitter is the origin, and then people were like god, this is cringe, this is awful, like why and I'm just like okay, wait, and there is no fun place anymore. I mean like look, if what you did didn't land, what I did didn't land, that's like ultimately on us or whatever. But it's just like it reminds me why I don't have Twitter is because like, oh, it's too easy for things to land, and like it's just it's too much gray area, and like intentional gray area, you know what I mean. Like people are like.
Speaker 2: It's where it operates. It is like some bad faith interpretation. But I've told you the moment that it jumped to the shark for me, right was I was stoned watching Looney Tunes, I tweet from my personal account. God, the Looney Tunes are so iconic. All my replies are, this isn't news, Oh what are you talking about? Of course this didn't have to be said, and I'm like, we've really lost You.
Speaker 1: Couldn't even say something positive about.
Speaker 2: That about Looney Tunes, about the most like a universally beloved thing.
Speaker 1: Ever, they had to say, this isn't news. You don't even like something that people love. I think what I said on Twitter was something. I deleted it because it was just getting too Yeah, I said something like god, what it was like. People were like, he's going off about his ex. I'm like, I'm literally not. You know what it was. I was talking to my friend about how he's in a relationship but he can still be on his host shit on Instagram, and so I tweeted, I love when I see people in relationships still on their whoreship. Yeah, clearly that means you spoke to your partner. They said, baby, be you. I said, congratulations, horror, marry them. You will never do better and people were like, it's crazy to see you slut shame. I was like, what are you talking about. I was like, I think everyone should be a whore. I literally know one of my number one mission statements is slut dumb for everyone. I literally was congratulating people on having communication open that they felt they could be a whore on INSTAGM. Yeah yeah, And then I was on I thought I was on fire, and so I was like, oh, I'm gonna tweet again, and I said something like we have to stop trying to change each other in relationships. You DMed me because you thought he's cute and I'm smarter than him, and so now I'm not going to start reading because I'm an actress. Woe better than revenge belt belt and people were like, why are you doing this? It's like you can't be too detailed. It was like, I thought it was funny.
Speaker 2: Right, but it's like you can't be too like, you can't like put too much detail on it, you can't be too vague.
Speaker 1: Like our own girls were like, I know, I know. It's a weird collective time right now. Venus is in retrograde and is Leo season, which got me really excited. Did you see chohnnie Ye did her post? He got me really hype Leo season could be fun? She said, all caps unfollow. I said, I know that's right.
Speaker 2: I know Brooke Ashley at the Rony premiere, I said, I know that's right. I've been saying that to you a lot lately. I k t R, I k t R, I k t R favorite radio station. Now, before we move on to I Don't Think so money, and close out the episode really quickly, I want to say. The only cult ripe and consuming besides Barbie and Oppenheimer Laer tonight is couple's therapy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, obsessed, obsessed.
Speaker 2: You're middle of the season. I'm in the mid What do you think so far? Sean and Erica, Well, he is a villain. I would agree, Erica, I.
Speaker 1: Think we need to move on.
Speaker 2: There's a kid. Yeah, but there's a I know it's not a reason to stay. There's a kid, and she has had a life.
Speaker 1: That's certainly true. I get it. I'd like whenever someone is in a bad relationship and I see it, and especially now like with the years accumulating, like it's always just like God, I understand more and more why people don't act. I do get it, but it's also so clear when they need to. I know, and you wish you had that for yourself, but you can never tell for yourself.
Speaker 2: No, you need an Orna. Matters of the heart, matters of the heart. Orna is amazing, one of the most impressive people I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would extend the invite for her to come on this podcast, but I'd be scared why because she'd be like, now, where did you go? Where did you go? Where are you Matt And why did you when he said that you flinched? You flinched? No? Can I just say what's happening here? Her inflection on her questions that just that light accent, the light sort of like, tell me, I think it's interesting. I think it's interesting. That's got an Orna's got an Urna. She is.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing is when she goes it's like the first time she meets the couples and she goes, so tell me, tell me, tell me so chic And can I say this is not me being shady?
Speaker 1: You should be or not on weekend not to talk about the industry. No, no, no, we're not, We're not. We're not plugging, we're not scabbing.
Speaker 2: The way she dresses is both oh not quite right and yet the chicest. And you can tell her kids have done like weird little microbraids on her, and you're like, you let that happen because you're a good mother. Yeah, and you're cheak enough that you can just like pull it off and wear like a blazer and walk out the door and be like, I'm a psychoanalyst, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, only a psychoanalyst could really get away with it.
Speaker 2: I mean, just where where does she live? For green something that. Yeah, it's giving like Central Brooks. I love the Central brooklynesthetic. It's that vibe.
Speaker 1: I you know what's crazy is it's like you have to imagine like these people are going on that show. They know it's a television show, so they come in with that baggage. And I feel like in this season it's the first time that I'm ever seeing people be like look at their partner and be like, Okay, well I'm gonna say this thing on television.
Speaker 2: Right, But I think the camera is not being visible at all at any point. Mind trick, mind trick, And yes, either the person is hyper aware for that reason, that the cameras are there, like through like the two way mirror or or the one way mirror, whatever it is, or they just completely forget. But what Orna says in all this press that she's done for the shows in the last few years, because I like was googling her, She's like, I thought the cameras would be an obstacle, but now the work, the work is the work, and I'm like work. She's incredible, She's amazing.
Speaker 1: She is one of the most google able people too, Like I think her Wikipedia could be longer. Absolutely, I don't never think that about anybody. Never ever think that about anyone. I'll be honest. Sometimes I go to someone's Wikipedia and I think to myself, say that I didn't need all this. I need all this, get made a personal life quicker honey on my own, on my own edit. Oh my god, are you kidding me? I'm going y'all are still quoting that marine out piece? No, that was not it, okay, mine, says my sat Nact scores. I said, that's not okay, not okay. That's a violation. That's hippa. You know what, that's a hip that's a hippa violation. That actually might be no, it might be well, we're gonna look into it. I think I must have said that on the podcast. I'm twenty nineteen, like when I was like and then like now they're just out there and they're they're right, those are my scores.
Speaker 2: But no one needs to know. And you know, motherfucking Willie Geist is going to be like in a couple of years, be like, so I read that you got a thirty one on your AC.
Speaker 1: I did get a thirty one. Did you just guess that? I just guessed that's a good score. I thought it was pretty fucking good. Great, But then people are like, oh, like what there. All of a sudden you realize that like Randos in your life have these really high sat n Act scores, but outing you by saying you got a perfect score and that you no, no, you're not adding me, You're not adding that's pretty fucking good, bitch.
Speaker 2: It's but it's I was a good test taker and I was not even books smart, definitely not street smart.
Speaker 1: Were you doping? I was doping. I was doping in the testing center. The proctor saw me dope, and I said, I'll let you get away with it. I'm gonna read a random real culture. Okay, okay, Wow, we have so many repeat numbers. Oh my god, look roller culture number seventy two, bo Bowen and Matt Are, Oprah and Winfrey. Whatever that means. Whatever that means. Now it's okay. So I'm just looking at my list of cultural topics and I'm seeing, I'm seeing if I can source one of them for our segment.
Speaker 2: Hunter Biden. I do think so, honey, Hunter Biden. You are obsessed with Hunter Biden in a good way. I would like to play him in a biopic. Yes, I know, asker Winner.
Speaker 1: I think Hunter Biden is my Oscar. It's the best cast thing since Margot Robbie played Barbie. I would absolutely slay as Hunter Biden. I'm speechless. I'm not I'm ready to read the script.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna have them draw the bags under your eyes or are you gonna I honestly don't need them drawn in Look, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Or are you gonna like really like pull pull pull poll like. I will do what I need to do to be methodist Hunter Biden if it means I needed to do whatever I need to do, I've rarely felt as connected to a piece as I feel about the Hunter Biden Bile pic that's not yet written. I don't know who's gonna write it. Maybe it's you Well, who majored in dramatic writing, my friend bid I do think so, honey, that we spoke about the strike, we spoke about Bowen's absence, we spoke about Barbie. I mentioned Mission Impossible, I mentioned theater camp. We said we're seeing Oppen Hummer tonight. Yes you wanted to go first? Switch it up or not? By the way, we're on indictment watch. Indictment. We're on an indictment watch. We're gonna get him this time. We are gonna get him this time. I was telling you right now. I think we have a handful of more indictment watches. Okay, I think I can do mine.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is I don't think so, honey. This is our a segment where we take one minute to rail against something in culture.
Speaker 1: Sorry about this.
Speaker 2: Mann is apologizing ahead of his I don't think so, honey. I'm so interested to see what this is. This is me, this is Matt Rogers is I don't think so many painful. I don't think Sony as time starts now.
Speaker 1: I don't think so honey. Housewives of Potomac and this new fight that's happening, maybe Potomac is done. I don't know, Guys. It pains me to say it because I do think so honey. That I said on this podcast, I believe it was four years ago. Don't sleep on Potomac. I did not like what I saw on this video. Time to go back to bed, any of the girls. It's been rough. I don't know what to say about two friends of getting into it and this way to the point where someone gets tossed down a little flight of stairs. The video is chilling. I don't think so, honey. Fighting like I don't think so honey. When things come to physical bulls for the second time on the show, and like a kind of running thing is like who's gonna hit who? No, I think this Rony reboot is working. I'm not saying we need to reboot Potomac. I'm saying we need to look at Potomac five seconds because it's not good. And that was like the end of the season. Is this going to end on a bad note? I don't think so. And that's one that I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 2: I hate saying, I hate hearing, and I hate agreeing with you. I'm still firmly of the belief that the vibes are bad all around, chiefly emanating from Giselle Bryant, Mia Thornton Darby, these two fucking what's her name Sesame, Sebra, Deborah Deborah, and then well apparently it's Wendy's new friend.
Speaker 1: And my thing is just like, of course we don't know what happened, but like it was Ashley Darby's event, and I just feel like we're not moving forward Towards the end of the season. It really wasn't fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Used to be that all these women were funny, yeah, and like fun and not that I'm not saying that's all a can be, but the vibes were just like pretty immaculate for just a second there, and I really wish we could freeze that an Amber.
Speaker 1: I think something's gotta give with it. I hated seeing the fight.
Speaker 2: I don't it was not It was not a good thing to watch, and I don't even think I even watched the whole way through us.
Speaker 1: It was tard. I did you were the I learned from you that they fell down a flight of stairs. Yeah, it was really crazy. I mean like someone could have gotten really hurt like it. It was more upsetting than the Monique in Canvas fight, of course. Well the Monique in Candas fight was like a flurry of violence that ended in like them, like in a deadlock, and like a lock. This was a knockdown, drag out that was a tough one violence and that's atually really coachure number thirty. Violence is never the answer. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Okay, well i'll all shift gears. We're gonna get a gear shift. I have a text from Andy Cohen. Okay, can we read it on the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you for hosting reality Check this week. So I'm hosting reality Check this week and radio and very exciting. Andy. I want you to know I was not going to read your text if it was personal, but it ended up being promotional, and so I read that, and it's the one thing he can promote. I thought he was going to ask me, what are your thoughts on Rony? Because I did text him, I electively gave my thoughts. Yes, so fun, And I said, do you I just want you to know I think this is a home run. And he responded and was very excited. He said he was breathing a sigh of relief to have it out. And I think we're onto good things with this one too. He seems excited too. Yeah, you should be. Yeah. Do you have something that's kind of grinding your ears too? And it's been on my mind for a little bit. Oh my goodness, Well you've had much time to think of it. Yep, this is Billan Yangs. I don't think so, honey. His time starts now.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, honey. The city of Amsterdam. I was recently in you with our friend Cola Scola, who came up from Ghent to visit me.
Speaker 1: It was really nice to me to love it.
Speaker 2: We saw Dutch Ley Miz Darling, Dear Darling, dear, so fun so lovely, was completely in Dutch. I was at the opera. Oh, I was like, I don't know what's being sung exactly, but I know the story.
Speaker 1: I know. Oh, this is emotionally. You knew every minute. Our eponine was phenomenal. Our fontine flop. But I don't think some man of the city of Amsterdam as you cannot have a weed city, a drug city and have everyone be riding bikes. It's a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 2: Either the pedestrians are stoned and being slow and not moving out of the way, or the people on the bikes are on acid and they shouldn't be on the bike. And also the Dutch people in general, it's you can't be rude and kookie, and you're both. Most of you are both. And I'm gonna be a little racist here and say that most of you are both.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was racist against white people to say that we're kookie and not all the Dutch. Here's the thing when weed becomes a part of a culture. I think functionality also goes way up on marijuana. I've never figured it out. I'm never functional on it. But you were functional when you were like waiting tables. That's because the place where I was high waiting tables was one of the easiest places to work in America, and that ulysses can we say? I think so okay? I worked at this restaurant in the financial distruct and I would literally work from seven pm to four am. That sounds awful on Monday nights. And because we pulled tips, it was like every whatever, everyone had made the money earlier and so because I was there logging the hours, I made the money. So I could go in there at like seven pm at the end of a dinner rush on Monday, and like stay till four because the kitchen was open till four for whatever reason, I was on the floor. I wasn't even behind the bar, and I would make a lot of money so I could be so fucking.
Speaker 2: On Monday at four am. That was my shift Monday, seven pm to four am. And because for some reason, Monday dinner was good. I think it was lobster night.
Speaker 1: You guys had great seafood, really did. Yeah. And then I was able to make a large chunk of the money because I had high hours. In fact, I had the most hours because I was seven pm to four am on a Monday evening.
Speaker 2: Yes, wow, but I would say you were you went to work stoned and you it was fine? Like that is I've never so some people I don't don't condone. Some people can drive a car high, no no way, no way, And this is a town full of people who ride bikes high or walk around high while bikes are flying past them. I was like, this doesn't work. No, this doesn't work. Cut to me on the ground. Cut to me on the ground in a heap next to the end Frank House.
Speaker 1: Cut to me in a heap on the ground next to the an Frank House, bloody beaten battern and biked down because I was high, because I got high, because I got because I got ha Remember when that was a number one hit.
Speaker 2: I saw that music video for the first time and got a sleepover, all boys sleepover and we were what like ten years old, Yeah, being as I got high afromn Oh that was his name, that was him, right, Yeah, we were like.
Speaker 1: Becca came in harm with that? Was that your jam? You know? Middle school? Were you a Becca? Eighth grade? Stonor? Okay, so you were we can say, no the baddest bitch. Yes, yes, we know, so we know. So you sort of do give that vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you give off the vibe of I'm grown now I don't have to like compensate for anything.
Speaker 1: Well you can't. That's the thing is. It's like talking about like high functionality. I can't smoke and do a damn thing. No, no more because now I know it makes me like anxious socially, like especially like when you're already at something and it's going well, and then you smoke and you're like, oh no, I didn't have to do that. The one and only time it was ever good was when we were at the Boom Boom Room. You remember when yes, from that one person joint, from that one person's joint. Oh my god, I have not heard from that person. I haven't heard from that person either. I hope he's doing okay, okay, anyway, anyways, okay, let me look at my other do we miss anything? Eras in Denver and just like that is terrible.
Speaker 2: I mean, nominations, we can't can't talk about it, we can't talk about it.
Speaker 1: The Vampire by Olivia Rodrigo love it, blood sucker, fame, fucker, God, the suck your do It's giving queen. Yes, have people been saying that. I just think if they're saying that, they're not saying a loud I'm just saying it sounds like like from beginning to end, it sounds like a queen song. It's really good. I believe the girl did it again. Also, I want to say about Barbie that Billie Eilish song that might win her another Oscar gorgeous song that is really good and it plays really well. With them. Yes, Billy is Billy's Billy's good. Billy. Come on the pod, Billy, Come on the pod, Billy. She's a musician. She's allowed. I guess we can't talk to her about the Barber movie though, thought she'd be promoting. Can't talk to her about that little show where she's that cult girl. Can't talk about it, can't talk about it. No, we can talk about Swarm. We can't talk about Swarm. She can't talk about Swarm. But I haven't seen Swarm.
Speaker 2: Well, the theater camp thing, we can. We can talk about theater Camp. I haven't seen it yet, thought it was great. I haven't seen it yet. Got stars in it, stars Galore, Patty Patti.
Speaker 1: Ohio, Ben Molly, Noah, we were actually Nathan Lee Graham. Oh yeah. It's an all star cast. It's an actually very lost cult coded in terms of the cast. Has everyone been on not? Noah?
Speaker 2: Noah? Soon baby soon, babe. We love you well.
Speaker 1: Bosucker hold on. Congratulations to Jimbo.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to Jimbo and La Lai and Candy mus and Candy Muse, Candy Muse, Legend Star. I mean all I thought about all season was Star and you cannot and I know we have a bias in saying this, but I'm tired of hearing people say it was a bad season. No, because you know what we got out of it in the end, even a redemption arc for Monica of Beverly Hills, not a silken clock. If this season can deliver Monica Beverly Hills a viral me moment, then it was a great, successful season. Everyone walked away from that season with something to gain. And you can't say that for all All Star seasons.
Speaker 1: End. We end every episode with a song, not a sil can clock, Not a sil can clock, not a silking clock. Slay and Slay and Sir and Slay. Do you like that? Daddy? Bye Bye,