Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser Long with Tim Steneck.
Speaker 1: Let's get you some stocks on the move, and we have in the house of Carmen rhyin Agasey's Bloomberg News Equities Reporter.
Speaker 3: You're going to talk about Apple.
Speaker 2: We have to.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's one of the biggest stories in the after hours. So earnings beat pretty much across the board, especially on things that you know, investors were really looking for, so iPhone, iPad, revenue, China, which has been a big sort of line item for Apple.
Speaker 3: The shares are up, They've paired a little bit.
Speaker 4: They're up about one point three percent in the after hours right now.
Speaker 3: This is ticker AAPL.
Speaker 4: Apple has been one of the biggest laggards in the Meg seven this year. It was down seventeen percent at market close today, and you know, because it's one of the biggest companies in the SMP, it's not a huge drag. I mean, obviously we're still at you know, at our new record high. So all the other stocks are. You know, they're doing the work, but you know, getting this one sort of back in the game would be really great.
Speaker 1: Okay, shares Apple in the after hours ahead of the call where we're recording this set up about one point two percent. Amazon also one that you're watching in the after hours, given we just heard from the company as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this one is not looking quite as good. It's down two point six percent right now, ticker am Z. And really here it's the guide I think that investors are reacting to the it's the operating profit for the third quarter. It's just less than you know, what investors wanted to see.
Speaker 3: Uh And it's really what.
Speaker 4: It's signaling is that there's a worry that Amazon is spending too much on AI and that it's cutting into.
Speaker 3: Their profit right.
Speaker 4: And so obviously spending on AI is a huge important thing that these companies need to be doing to be keeping up. But investors still want to see that return on investment. So Amazon dragging a little bit. It's up about six point seven percent today year to date, before before earnings or.
Speaker 3: In terms of pops after the market closed, just real quickly got about thirty seconds Reddit it is take your RDDT and it's up about fourteen percent. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wanted to talk about Reddit because this is a pretty big move. The company is also sort of an AI name because you know, a lot of llms or.
Speaker 3: Whatever use Reddit to train.
Speaker 4: So basically this the company reported its most profitable quarter it went public in twenty twenty four, projected third quarter quarter sales that beat expectations, and it really single signals strength of the advertising business. I think this is also really interesting coming after Meta. I was just saying the same thing. Definitely a tie there, So we're seeing that this is a place where you know, AI is really working. And Reddit was basically unchanged year to date at the close, so it should be a good a good story tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.