Speaker 1: It's time for donkeys to day.
Speaker 2: I'm ain't trying to beat donkey today no more.
Speaker 1: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making new people do these days called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard. Damn Charlomagne, who got the donkey out of day to day? Well, jess Alariu's donkey today for Friday, November eighth. Goloes to whoever is sending out these racist text messages referencing slavery. Now, if you haven't heard all day yesterday in black group chaps across America, texts were being shared and it was text messages that folks were receiving that were telling negroes report to your nearest plantation. I'm not making this up. Yesterday I had quite a few people hit me up concerned because they were receiving text messages like this. Good evening, Isaiah. You have been selected to become a slave patient at your nearest plantation. Please be clean and ready by three am tomorrow. No need to bring essentials nor close, as you will be handed worker clothes. You will be picked up in a white van by a Trump representative after escorted you will be script indeed down upon arrival. Don't cooperate, belt the app and lynched immediately. Your name will be your name will further be a race than giving a number. Your number is slave five, and you'll be a part of slave see group. Thank you now, I'm gonna be honest with you. When I first read this, I said to myself, people play too much. And I'm not even sure this is a white person, because I've never heard a white person say belt the ass But if this week's election showed us anything, it's that we can we can't assume what certain racial groups do anymore. But I brushed that text off until I had a few more people send me those text messages, and then I realized it was a thing. Did anyone in this room receive a text message telling them to go back to the plantation? Near a plantation you should go to? They said, d down, I know you need that, damn.
Speaker 2: When you get some free days to be a slave.
Speaker 1: Now, when you take that wig off and you see them corn rolls, let's go. Let's go to NBC for the public.
Speaker 2: Karein Freeman was at home with her kids on Wednesday when she got a text from a number she didn't recognize.
Speaker 3: It was this odd, ominous, feeling text message basically saying, Hello, You've been selected to be a slave on a plantation and your schedule to get picked up on at twelve am on November thirteenth.
Speaker 2: And She's not alone. Social media sites have been flooded with people from New York to Florida who say they've gotten these racist messages. Freeman and others believe the text may have been sparked by the current political climate. The wording of the text appear to differ. Some have misspellings, others address individuals by name, but the theme is consistent, telling recipients they've been selected to pick cotton. All of the people NBC who spoke to who got these messages are black. For recipients like Karn Freeman, the digital aim is fueling her real world concerns.
Speaker 4: I am overwhelmed with anxiety and fear about how I'm going to help my children make sense of the world that they have to navigate as black children.
Speaker 1: Now a few things. Number One, how they get all these people's phone numbers. Number two, This is probably not as widespread as people think. One or three people got a text posted it online, and then everyone took the same text and started acting like it was senter in personally. In three and this is the biggest one and the reason I'm doing this as donkey of today. Let's just assume these are Trump supporters. Let's just assume these are conservatives. Answer me this one question. Why do you want to prove people right? Donald Trump won? He is going to be the forty seventh president of the United States of America. He won. Fan square looked like you want the popular vote, the electoral college. Republicans wanted to send it, you might win the House. America made a choice. The last thing any of any of you all should be doing is proving all your critics right. Okay, so many different people say the only reason Trump won is because America is a racist country. Huffington Post said Trump ran the most racist campaign in modern history, and he won. So many people say, oh, Trump supporters are biggest and racist. Why are you idiots proving them right?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Mind you, I know these folks are playing, but if you are a Trump supporter, you should denounce this, unless, of course you don't care, unless of course you agree with whatever the text is saying. But the real moral of the story is this is exactly the opposite of what I told you all should happen. Y'all not tied or arguing and fighting. There will be a lot of real battles that we need to fight in the future. The last thing we need to be doing is fighting amongst each other. Okay, we don't need to be rilling each other up with this petty foolishness.
Speaker 2: I literally had.
Speaker 1: People hitting me up concerned about this because they honestly don't know what the Trump presidency will bring. And then I had some guys who will remain nameless even though they're sitting in this room excited right now. But they were excited because they was told to report some way to get deed down. Okay, so listen to all listen. I just wanna tell all Trump supporters, everyone who voted for Trump, if you really dislike liberals, if you really don't like Democrats and they woke ideologies, and simply do one thing, prove them wrong by not doing dumb ass, cheap ass, racist ass stunts like this. Please give whoever is sending out these racist text messages telling people to report to the plantation the biggest he hull.
Speaker 3: And be looking so unbothered right now, because he's gonna be in the house when it's go down.
Speaker 1: You a house, how much like report we had to get ded down?
Speaker 2: Please, you're gonna be there with me and look at.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne on I don't know what you're talking about supper. It's gonna be like this way, Jesus all right, Well that was Donkey to Day.
Speaker 4: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Donkey to Day. Donkey of Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull. Lamb is soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the Bull, you get the hauns.
Speaker 4: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club