Speaker 1: We say, if you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my ro Flame, come in with last and come in with you love loundes.
Speaker 2: Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tests?
Speaker 1: Yeah you know she raised shout towns on speaking to the grown a second year. We're gonna laugh, cut, h and kick it and at the end we leave it with just a list of spirits.
Speaker 2: But do you want to revisit? So you first like a listen, young folks say it's list oh folks that we dig it?
Speaker 3: Good? Hey, no this do what you do?
Speaker 2: Y No, peas, do what you do? Hey, no, pis, do what I do?
Speaker 1: And no please.
Speaker 3: Good teach. Hey, hey hey, this is comedian Flame Monroe and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learn, Ladies and Gemma. We are what four episodes away? Bobby now three.
Speaker 2: After this, one?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 2: This is this, This is forty seven, So we have forty eight, forty nine, fifty to fifty one fifty two lucky.
Speaker 3: Okay, ladies and gentlemen, guess what we we we only because if you guys, please share, subscribe to your friends to come on in and join us here learn. I am out on the road promoting it everywhere we go, and hopefully you guys were promoting wherever you are. Hello, Bobby Clifford, how are you too?
Speaker 2: I'm terrific. How are you touch? You've been a busy girl. I want to hear about your weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh we were in Bozeman, Montana and Massoula, Montana. Great great people over in Bozeman and in Massoula. I am not changing votes, but I'm damn sure changing man's and ideologies. Those people were great. They spend plenty of money on fans. I had a fantastic time. Thank you Tiffany Hadis on this funny and feelss too. With me and Barbara Carlisle, we are having the best time. Tomorrow, we're going to North Dakota. I never thought I would go to North Dakota in my whole lifetime, but we will be in Bizmarck, North Dakota, on Saturday and Fargo, North Dakota on Friday. So go to Tiffany Haddis dot com for tickets. We're doing two casinos. Don't ask me the name as I don't know. On a liner note, I'm also looking to move, so it's been a challenging. It's been hard week. My daughter's going to prom. I'm still trying to get making sure we get Sad season five. It's a lot going on. But outside of that, Bob, we want to acknowledge the passing of a great comedian, a great lady, a funny, funny, funny woman who had been in show business for many, many years, the late great Ruth Buzzy. Yes that what was she ninety eight or eighteen?
Speaker 2: She was eighty eight and she died of which I think is because I might belove it, Auntie Barbara died of Alzheimer's. She died of Alzheimer's I think one of the most degrading diseases. It seems to it seems to attack the people who were the sharpest and quickest, And you know, my aunt was a history teacher, and I just it's an awful way to go out. So I hope her transition was smooth and God bless you on the other side.
Speaker 3: And if you don't know who Ruth Buzzy was, please do your research and google. This woman was on so many different shows from sixties to maybe the late nineties, hysterically funny, worked with some of the all time greats, all time greats, and she played off that. They said that she was not an attractive woman, so she used that to her advantage and played off of that and was hysterically funny. Good God.
Speaker 2: She wasn't classically, but she was. She really was pretty sure, beautiful eyes and hair, and she just wasn't a classic. She had a more ethnic nose and that kind of that kind of throws people. I'm trying to think, Oh my god, what was that show with Goldie Han.
Speaker 3: And laugh laughing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's it. Yeah, she was. She was hysterical. She was a great actress, a bigh philanthropist, God bless you.
Speaker 3: And she was the one who we used to take the big power puffer said make up and hit them people in the face with ha. She was hilarious. Ruth buzzy baby, rest in peace, Ruth Buzzy.
Speaker 2: That's what. That's what back what we're dating ourselves. That's back when we had variety shows and shows like when we were little kids.
Speaker 3: And Lawrence, well, I seen that on the internet. I wasn't around me and girl, stop it.
Speaker 2: Pants on via. We used to sit with them on a Saturday. My mother would make a big thing of popcorn before it was microwave popcorn, and uh, we'd watch Lawrence Welk and we'd watched everybody dance and all the gorgeous costumes and that was so wonderful, and then Laughin would come on, and you know, there was only we only get to watch a little bit of that because my mother thought it was racy.
Speaker 3: Felt confession, Yes, Lawrence Welke. I did not watch for the accordion or for his boring ass, but I did watch for the gowns because they did used to wear gowns or Lawrence well, and they used to wear the big be half hair.
Speaker 2: And that's what Actually, it's funny. That's actually because people loved they loved the show. It was at the top of you know, it's popularity. But the problem was is that it costs so much. They didn't have to wear a down for every song, every song that came in, they had wear a different gown. So it was the cost who's alone were outrageously expensive. But it was it was fun. It was good, you know, honest, honest, uh uh entertainment. I could I was going to say humor, but it was that Lawrence Walk was entertainment lat and I mean to think my mother thought that was racy when you see what's on television now, you know we could see Goldie Hawn's knees.
Speaker 3: Different different times, pluse different times. Bobby, Okay, let's get into the meat of the story because we're not going to have a very long left to learn today, ladies and gentlemen. We got stuff to do, and uh, unfortunately not unfortunately, fortunately, this was not as hectic a week as we have been encountering in the last few weeks.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's been less crazy. But speaking so, we were just going for mental illness, did you hear. I'm a little pissed with this. I think so you and I I think we're on the same page that we think that people that are in Congress or in any type of service should be working for the peace people. And that means sometimes reaching across the aisle, working together, or I'll give a little something this time, you give a little something that time, and whatever's best for the people gets done. Well. Now they're after Fettermen. His former chief of staff says that he's concerned about him that he's he's off the wall, his diet is bad, he's not taken his medication. And it's all because, you know, we talked about the Democrats. They have to do everything out in public. They can't go behind. There's nothing wrong with him. He's working across the aisle. You know, he helped He helped the Republicans with the the Lake and Act. He voted for ten. He approved ten cabinet appointees that came through. You can't you can't say no to everything or there's no impact. You know, like some people are coming through, you might as well have them come through. He went down to Maro a Lago to have a conversation. He didn't feel like he really moved the needle all that much, but he was worth the try. What's wrong with that? He didn't but he didn't turn GOP. But I'm a little disgusted by this. I'd like to know if this former chief of staff was fired or he left UH on his own accord?
Speaker 3: His Speederman the Congress Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, with the yeah he had a stroke.
Speaker 3: Did he have a stroke?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, And he admitted to put himself into the hospital for his depression. He was in for several weeks, came out, and he's been a gangster since he stepped out. When he needed to, he went back in. He was completely transparent, he didn't hide it. We've had certain generals and other people you know that are in the spotlight that didn't bother to tell us about big operations and stuff. He told us all up front so everybody knew, and came back only when he was ready. I like him. I think he's really disgusted and has been very vocal about angry he is with the way that Biden was pushed out, with the way you know, and with the way people just aren't doing anything. They're saying no just to say no. He's also feels like we've been alarmists because we scream about everything, and as he said, it's like crying wolf. If we scream about everything and don't just pick the really important things, you know, to stand behind that and push, it's like crying with wolf. People. They're not going to listen to us, and it's only going to validate the crazy stuff this administration does. More. I don't think that some of are some of the leaders on the Democratic side like that too much.
Speaker 3: Isn't that on purpose. Don't you think that that is on purpose for them to cause all of that workers and do all that hooping and collaring, so nothing has more weight than the other ones. So it's like, oh my god, that's there. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that is from the Republican from the Republican side, that's what I see. It's kind of like the school shootings. There's so many that you'd be like, oh, oh my god, another one when it should be like wow, you know exactly.
Speaker 2: And so that we've been talking about that, we've been saying that since the two seas full seasons that we've had together. It's pay attention to what's really important. Don't be listening to the crazy mass nonsense, you know, of what either the president himself says, because he's just throwing stuff against the wall. He doesn't. Everybody thinks that all these one hundred and something executive orders, they've all they've all been enacted. No, they still have to go through Congress. He's only got four or five things through. He can put it all out, but he still has to at some point, you know, somebody, because we have checks and balances in our system. So I was disappointed about the Fetterman thing, because I just think he's a good guy and he seems to be very transparent, willing to work, willing to put some of his his interest aside as long as it's good for the people. So I was disappointed with them.
Speaker 3: That is what politicians are supposed to do. Unfortunately, we got a whole new group of politicians that are very self serving period period. But this is this is where we are right now in our country. Oh, Bobby, you know they're having a count. They're doing the concret vote right now to induct a new pope.
Speaker 2: They are and so far nothing today.
Speaker 3: So I'll have to be black guy. I thought the black guy who was running. I thought he was the front runner. But listen, no, we don't want him.
Speaker 2: We don't because when they come from Africa, a Haiti, they tend to be really into the Bible, Like if it's the gentleman, I believe we're in the same thing. He thinks that gay should be put in jail. He thinks he's he'd be going. He's the most conservative. They're the most conservative. They take everything as black and white. There's no interpretation, whereas for instance, wait.
Speaker 3: A minute, hold on, was that a racist statement. They take everything is black and white.
Speaker 2: No, No, I think it's where they come from. Like they're so little, and I think they read and they instead of Francis Is. He said that God has never created anything that wasn't perfect and just the way he wanted it. So how could something be illegal or wrong or we might not understand it. But so I think this particular the pope that you're excuse me, the cardinal you're speaking of, I think he's the one that is real. They call it a traditionalist, so I think he'd be bringing us back. We're looking for somebody that's that's more progressive. That's what I'm looking for, not where. I'm looking for somebody that he doesn't think women should have anything to do with any type of power, nothing but like wash your feet, like you know, he thinks women are down. Francis didn't. He said the only way things get done is as a woman. That's how you get something done correctly. He was speaking about the hospital over there, how they ran the hospital. We need that.
Speaker 3: Well. I know they have four votes today and they have not elected a pope as of yet. It's going to be interesting to see who they picked because like you said about Paul Francis, he sell people. He saw people, not your color, not your what, your ideology, not your sexuality. He saw people. So hopefully, especially in this climate that we're living in America right now, we will get somebody who also sees people now here we go, so we'll see how that turns out.
Speaker 2: I have my fingers, my fingers and my toast crossed because it's a political. It's still was a political role, even though people say it's not. And I just don't want what's happening around, what's happening now to influence it at all. I'm stuff.
Speaker 3: Speaking of pope, did you see Trump released AI generated picture of him dressed as the Pope?
Speaker 2: Yes, I did, and.
Speaker 3: At all they were dragging him from front to back. I'm like, oh, don't please put that on. That is just the complete opposite of what a pope is.
Speaker 2: He thinks he would be a good one, a poop. They were asking on the Sunday shows. They asked one of our American cardinals that's over there, you know, for the conclave.
Speaker 3: They stayed.
Speaker 2: They obviously went for the Pope's services, and then they stayed for the conclave. And they said, what you know, what are people thinking thinking over there? And of course they always have to be really careful with what they say, and they just said they thought it was completely distasteful, especially something that was not Catholic, who probably never went to church. He was sitting there eating candy or gum or something, laying on his phone or asleep or sleep and wearing the wrong color. The only thing I can think is how clever is he? Because as I said, when they panned, when they had the drones up and they were panning the audience, he stuck up like a sausam because everybody else had black on and then there's blue. So oh, I thought it, you know myself, I thought, but again, he likes to distract, he likes to break the norm. I am sure he wore that blue suit on purpose, just because he was told to wear black, because everybody else will.
Speaker 3: You're so funny, Bob, you said he stuck out like a swor thumb. I bet you he did. Wish it stick out like a sower thumb, because from what stormy sentence, then you'll say it it don't stick out at all. It's like a.
Speaker 2: Navel, And thought, bless, I loved his wife when she was like and I thought the whole time she must be saying that son of a bitch child like it's stuck it with him. Take me with you, Francis, take me with you. Did you see that Marjorie Taylor Green is now talking about running either for the governor or the Senate. Now, they say, the talking heads, whether this is true or not. In her little localized area, she can get elected, but she has no chance of at least they were speaking just about the Senate, not not the governor, of winning the winning a Senate seat. So they're like, let her run, Let her run.
Speaker 3: I don't think that she would win as governor either. And I know Georgia has turned blue, but Madre Taylor Green has left such a terrible taste even in her own party's mouth, because some of the distasteful things that she has seen, especially in these last year, in the last year or two, but in the last three months since Trump has become in office, she has become a loose cannon and will say anything disrespect to foreign reporters, be little other people's countries. She is barbaric. And I'm like you, Bobby, I hope she runs, because that means she will give up her Congress seat, not win the other seat, and hopefully disappear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she she when the pope when the Pope passed away, because I'm thinking, who makes comments like this? He doesn't have to be a religion. He's just one of the It's like the Dalai Lama. He is not. He's not my religion. But I have complete respect for people who you know, who are in service for their own and try to do well by the people. But he said evil as being She said, evil is being defeated by the hand of God. Regarding the Pope staff she she referred to the pope as evil. Who does that? Like she's nuts? So yeah, I don't think. I think. I don't think she's going to do very well.
Speaker 3: Trumps again, since Trump has won all of her cheesecloth, anything that was blocking her from being who she really is has been removed. So now she is exactly. She is just a nightmare on wheels with bad blonde with a bad bloody bleached blonde bad.
Speaker 2: She nearly is, but but she's she's You better watch out because I think he's going to do some cleanup. So we had Signal Gate two. As we know, we talked about that last week. But now all of a sudden, since Mike Wallas is no longer going to be the National Security Advisor, Rubio is going to have another hat to put on. God bless, We'll have to get him some roller skates or something so we can he can nip from office to office to office. He's not going to be he got a step down walls. He's going to have an ambassadorship. I don't know. If you can't do one, should you be trusted to do the other? I don't know, But so Marjorie Taylor Green, you know you might be. You might be the scooper pooper for the dog patrol if you keep it up, so don't get too crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm with that. And I like for her use her bare hands when she does it, please and sneeze and like and have the sneeze and blow a nose at the same time. You know, Bobby, these tariffs are coming in and the terrafs that have affected everyone, they just hit me personally because you know, I order my fans from China, right, and for a thousand fans, it used to cost me about three thousand, maybe thirty one hundred dollars and a little change to order a thousand fans with the shipping is now passed fifty five hundred dollars. And I don't want to raise the price of the fans, but unfortunately, if iut order.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to You're gonna.
Speaker 3: Have to have to. You know.
Speaker 2: Now, let me ask you this, he said something about So that was the other thing on Kristen Welker on the and you guys, she's got the full because she had on on her show this week. She had the interview, but I guess it was longer than what she actually had and she said she has it. It's all up on their on their website. She asked him about the tariffs. He is steadfast that now he's he's not removing anything, it's not lowering anything, especially with China. I did read that on the CNN the Daily thing that came out that if anything, and I think this has more to do with Temu, if your orders are less than eight hundred dollars, that you won't face those type of those type of tariffs. That said, because you know so many, so many lower and middle income people use that site for cheap products, could you, I don't know, could you break your orders up or would it be too expensive to try to beat it. I'm trying to think of a back door, something you might want to put in your back pocket and think about later. You know, could you instead of doing one big order, could you do a bunch of small ones and maybe you'll you'll beat the tariff.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But he's not backing down a flame. He is steadfast and he's keeping these tariffs and they should stay for all time. And we don't need anything from Canada, he said. We don't need their energy, we don't need their lumber, we don't need their pharmaceuticals. He didn't mention pharmaceuticals. That's but another thing that we get there. And we absolutely don't want their cars. We're bringing everything here. He made.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He almost sounded like Marie and Toinette would let them eat cake. Because the comment he made I thought was so insensitive and so stupid, and you're saying it to the million the middle class who have paid everything. But he made a comment about dolls. He said, well, instead of a little loving year rolls having thirty dollars, what could you imagine we were lucky to get one doll thirty dollars I.
Speaker 3: Would like to give a shout out to Mark Karney, the elected official over in Canada, because he came to the White House, he met with Trump. He was very professional, he was very presidential, let me say that. And he stood, he stood ten tones down on letting Donald Trump know that, No, Canada will not be the fifty first state. No Canada will not even entertain that. He's still right there in front of all the cameras that let him know that, and so will never say never. Trump really tries to downplay anything. As someone else says, it's so disrespectful to other world leaders. Bobby, and I'm telling you, these are things that wars are created off of those kind of comments, those kind of states, especially in the public eye.
Speaker 2: Well, he talked bet it with Kristin Walker and he said what he was. He said, we subsidized them to the tune of and he he cites, you know, a gazillion dollars whatever it is, because I don't and I'm not I'm not repeating it because I don't. He only said it. I couldn't fact check it and find the information myself, so it's not worth it's not worth repeating, you know anything we talk about on this. We've gone through CNN, We've gone through all of the news sites. We don't like just state something without without being able to vet it. And I wasn't able to vet the amount. And he said, you know, they pay the least to be a NATO. They they pay the least for any type of defense, he said, and why should we be we be subsidizing them? And I got a little nervous. I'm like, they really do use their different I mean, they have their own defense, but they really do rely on us. And I'm thinking, is that a threat? It's not like a backhanded At this time, they hadn't met yet. He said that Mark Carney wanted to meet with him over the next week or two. Obviously that already happened, and he made it perfectly and abundantly clear Mark that that they absolutely weren't going to be the fifty first date. But he's like, it will be so much cheaper for us, like it's a different country. Why I just can't even But so he said about the dolls, there was no reason for the eleven year old to have thirty dollars still just have three that you know, are a little more expensive. And I'm thinking, Okay, Marie Antoina. First of all, maybe your daughter had thirty dollars. Nobody has. A lot of these people can't even afford one doll and never mind paying more money on the doll So I just in that interview he was very flip floppy. He didn't I shouldn't say flip floppy. He just didn't. He didn't own anything. She kept trying to push or getting like a yes or no answer, and he just he wouldn't give it for anything. You know. She asked about the teriffs, would they lower? Well, are they always going to remain? Well, they won't always remain because you're not going to get people to the temple. But yes, I am going to keep them. You know, why would I take them down? And things have been unfair? And they talked about the economy, thank god, the jobs numbers. They didn't talk about that, but they held steady. The Fed is not going to reduce reduce the interest rates. They're holding steady because they're just too nervous about stagflation. You know, the damage that the tariffs can do, you know, things the inflation that's already been going up. And of course he doesn't he doesn't think much of Jerome Powell. Anyway, he's going to wait until twenty twenty six and then he'll replace them. And the unemployment rising still eight weeks still unemployed. So I know how that feels. Yeah, But he just doesn't. He doesn't do He doesn't own anything. Everything that's bad it is Biden. Everything that's good is him.
Speaker 3: And those were no excuse, no excuses for the prices of eggs going up, no excuses for groceries, no excuses for gas, no excuses for the economy. Again, like you said, bite is Biden's fault for everything which is not. But it's just terrible, Bobby that we are stuck in this situation. And again they.
Speaker 2: Voted for this, they did, and he was I have to say, there were a couple of things he was fibbing. He said, the gas, he's got it so low. It's a dollar ninety eight in some stance. Well, Kristin Walko when she did come back, because I'm like, really, in Massachusetts we usually have pretty I don't know if it's because the ports come here, it's we usually a pretty cheap gas. And she said in Maryland is the cheapest, and it's two sixty two. It is not one ninety eight or one ninety nine like he was saying.
Speaker 3: So that's all.
Speaker 2: He kept saying energy, energy, and she says, well, forget about energy, what about their clothing? What about no energy is the most important? She was asking him about small businesses. They're saying they're gonna have to they're going to have to close. While you know that's what about Why are we talking about little small businesses? Why aren't we talking about And he would just go on to something else because he doesn't want to talk about it. He doesn't want to admit the auto industry. He says that the auto industry now loves him. They think he's the best. I haven't heard that, but bless his little hot he just pivots. He deflects some pivots and deflects some pivots, and and I wouldn't that wouldn't bother me. Only we're just not getting anything flame. You know, we're not getting anything answered. You know, they had Christy Noan was was at some sort of panel meeting and they were asking her, uh, one of the reps was asking her, is everybody do due process in the United States? And she just would not answer. Well, this woman was shutting her down. I don't recognize her. She was an African American rep. I don't know what state she was from, because they just showed this again, was on was on the Sunday shows, and they were just showing how gno one would you not answer it? And the woman just shut it down. She goes, well, if you don't know, I'm gonna I'm gonna say no. You don't believe that's true. They asked. They asked Trump, is Kristin asd Trump this as well? And he kept deflecting and saying, wow, I'm not an attorney. Well, but everybody knows that you have to. You're supposed to be a scholar on the Constitution. You don't have to be an attorney, so you should be able to answer that everybody is dudue process. He said, there'd be millions and millions of court hearings. Okay, you know, the quot hearing only has to be so many minutes. It doesn't you could flow them through, but everybody and the people might be right back out, you know, the quotes might say no, you get no right to be here, but everybody is due due to due process. So that was I found that, like to be a little bit disappointing. The tariffs, I buckle up everybody for Christmas. Everybody will get a lump of cole and something else.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I honestly believe Bobby in my own as an American citizen for so many years. I ain't gonna tell you how many years, but for so many years. Then I think that they are going to revolutionize and overturn the government because even people on his side, now you know, he has let Hecseth just run amuck with firing generals left and right. He has fired so many generals. All of these qualified people are losing their positions, and then they do it without thinking about it, and then they have to bring them back. The FAA is in such a fiasco right now. It actually went dark for what a minute and a half the other day or ninety seconds.
Speaker 2: That's who's been out three months. That's his fault.
Speaker 3: But that is very scary. And I'm always on a plane, so you don't know that that is in ninety seconds is a lifetime when you're thirty thousand feet in the air and you have no control over what is happening, and those air traffics controllers all walked off the job because they were under stressed. A lot of them walked off understate. They claim it was understressed. I think it's under the rest because because they're sick of the bs. Oh that was a ram that was That.
Speaker 2: Was a good one.
Speaker 3: I a poet and didn't know it. Bobby Clifford. It is. It's very scary how this is shaping up Bobby in the country and until something really tragic, unfortunately happens and a lot of people lose their lives on his under his watch because of one of his foolish decisions that he has made on the on the on the whim, on the on the on the impulse. That's when people are going to be like, no more, we can't do this no more, because it's going to be when when would they know there's going to be one of their loved ones that's going to be affected well.
Speaker 2: Or yourself. You know, it's you know, and it's it's not that I'm so great, but you know, I'm a caretaker and I have people that I'm responsible for, and I have jobs that I'm responsible for for, and I don't want to hop on a plane and be worried that something because colms were cut out. I mean, and here's the thing. You pay a fortune for these tickets. It's not like the tickets are they're giving them away for free. For the love of God, I remember, I was going to California last year to see you. I just because I'm arguing with the with the with the airline. It was fifteen hundred dollars for the ticket. For fifteen hundred dollars, I want, I want a direct line to God about where exactly we should land. Yeah, this is You're exactly right. It's crazy. He's just he's making he's taking a lot of chances. And I and I don't even think it's him as much as he just doesn't have He just doesn't have a great group. You know, this is very very This group is very different than his last team. They're loyal, They're loyal to a fault. There was a senator that was supposed to be on with Chris Cuomo Kennedy no relation to the Kennedy family, the presidential Kennedy family, and five minutes before they were supposed to talk about they were supposed to talk about something slightly controversial, he pulled out of coming onto the show. Last night, and I'm thinking, that's how nervous they are to worry about losing their shine with with with the president or with his staff. It's it just seems absolutely crazy. Meanwhile, we're losing Sesame Street and all these other great things. Nobody's talking about.
Speaker 3: That from PVS. Yeah, and when you talked, when you spoke about Lawrence Welk earlier, we watched Lawrence Welk on PVS. We watched The Electric Company, we watched Sesame Street on PBS, you know which. Those shows were very educational and they were entertaining, especially as children. They were fun. But now you're going to take all of this away because you want to push this Christian nationalist education on everybody so that they would praise a picture of you. Since you try to make your birthday a national holiday. Who gives a damn it is? It is beyond repair, Bobby, to me, at this point, it's going to take two lifetimes to fix the damage that this man is doing.
Speaker 2: It's I mean he's talking about he's I mean that that's what he wants to get rid of the PBS money. He wants to now to go back to the tariffs for a second. Sorry, to jump around everybody. He wants to now put one hundred percent tariff on foreign but no real directive on foreign movies. Is it movies that we're we're filming that are foreign? You know, if you have Emily in Paris, she kind of has to be in Paris, it doesn't you know, she caught be in Paris, Texas. Is it the films that we give out? Like I know he was complaining that we were giving PBS shows over to the Middle East. Well, the reason we were doing it is we're teaching these people how to speak English. We're showing them exactly who we are, so they understand what Americans are. There was a method to the madness. It's not that we're trying to just necessarily give them free We want to see yet we're good people. It's like you know, when you're training a dog, you're oversaturating the and this with sweet stuff so that they kind of love you. Same type of things, so they realize we're not big and scary because the information that they get is that the Americans are big and scary. Although right now I feel like we are big and scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we're more scared. They're they're bigger, and we're scary, because that's how I look at it. Because all you have to do is challenge him and stand up to him. Thank you to the governor of Maine who stood out to him, took his but the court won her case and won all her federal funding for her state. For you, that's all you have to do is challenge him. But everybody is putting their tail between their lades because they're afraid of losing their situation or losing their livelihood and running for the heels. And this is where we are. Where we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was Janet Mills. She was He was punishing her, and he took away her head start money, you know, breakfast for the kids, like all sorts of federal funding for her, for her the most the weakest and most marginalized groups. Because she stood beside the trans athletes because I think she has two in her state and she wanted them to be able to to compete, you know. And his flame stance has always been, Okay, let's make a safe place for these kids to compete. He could come up with this, but so anyway, she she brought him to court and she won, So she's getting her money back. And then he does back off. I will notice when somebody says no and they prove it. He was just that kid that like pulled the fire alarm, you know, to see what would happen. Like, you know, he's just a he's a distractor and a disruptor, and he wants to see what happens. But when it he's proven that he can't have something he saw a little, but he usually does back off. But it's going to cost us in the meantime. It's going to cost us a fortune. And I did see speaking about TRANS, I was devastated. I still haven't gone through the entire ruling, but that the Supreme Court, you know, there was a setback with the TRANS service members that they they've sort of sided with Trump on that they're going to go through everything. And I don't think they've given us complete details yet. But uh, you know, we're desperate for people in the military. I don't care if you want to sit and hold a gun and stand on a wall and protect me, I'll give you anything you want. I don't care what you're wearing, what you're doing, what you what you're what happens behind closed doors. It's not my business as long as you're standing on that wall when I need you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are. We are in a very very crunch time of situation in a crisis. Bobby. Oh, I'm at ninety percent. It's just like you, Bobby. I'm doing very good tonight.
Speaker 2: Ooh, we should play the lottery. He wants to open Alcatraz.
Speaker 3: Uh, yes, I do see that. And I'm hoping that if he does get a chance to open Alcatraz, that he goes in as the first uh inmate of Alcatraz.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, because he wants to put the sickest said, well, you know what, build build a You kn't go there. They couldn't get in, They couldn't get out. They couldn't get families in, you know, they couldn't. It's it's it's awful. They used to have backing up toilets and stuff because the ocean the tides switched, like, no, it's out. It was out for a reason. Build a building and call it Alcatraz too or something. But I'm like, you're going to spend a billion dollars. We keep one of wanting to get rid of fraud abuse, you know, and be fiscally responsible. That's what the GOP is known for as being physically responsible that is not fiscally responsible. I think it's a museum now, for the love of God, to begin with, I can't even you know, it's I think it operated only for thirty years. Uh, and it's supposed to be escape proof, although there is some movie about some guy, some conspiracy guy that got through.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that's his newest lame brain. But see he talks about this and then what what are we not talking about all of the other stuff. See, we're giving even credence to it, and we're not talking about all the other stuff. And that's sort of his that's sort of his jam. I think he's uh, he's he's like a level like a fox. Are crazy like a fox. He knows what he's doing. I'm kind of with Bill Maher.
Speaker 3: I'll take the crazy over the clever.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like Bill Maher said, he goes there is not an insane person after he had met had gone to that dinner in the White House. There's a man who pretends to be insane in the White House. You know. So, but they will say the immigration, the numbers on the border, he's got those down to the lowest state bed in history. But the deportations, We've got to figure that out. Because as far as I know that that man that was sent that Garza Garcia that was sent to l Salvador, that Scotis said facilitate his ride back, he was just talking about he has no intention so because he wants to see what kind of power Scotus has and who's going to make him bring him back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that man is still over there and the man is innocent. It's a hoopla. How about who? Because they just he just signed the bill last executive orders supposed he hasn't went through last week saying that they can arrest the police has the power to arrest any American citizen, anybody and just deport them to a foreign prison.
Speaker 2: And you know it's not going to go through.
Speaker 3: It, It's no, it's not going to go through. But just to say something like that is preposterous. Bobby, it is, it is, it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely is, you know what must be absolutely has his his butt cheeks clenched. That Pence got the Kennedy Profile and Courage Award. He got it this past week Caroline Kennedy and her her son Jack Splashburg. He gave it to him because of January sixth, and because of his you know, his bravery and actually pushing that through not only was just his job, but knowing actually what was going on the outside. And I am sure that made him bananas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bobby, we are in for a Wayne thing due to of a ride. But I'm telling you something right now. We're gonna keep you out the breast over here on that and learn what is the next subject we're going to talk about, Bob.
Speaker 2: Because we love this short Yeah, no, no, it's not even short. It's the it's the the next and the last you saw that the that uh, the Lensky and President Trump spoke at to see uh at the Pope services that they signed GOP on the mineral deal. If I don't see anything happening, there have still been bombings et cetera, et cetera over there, you know, And we need these minerals because it's it. There's all sorts of electronics, so it's really important. So it's good. So now we kind of have a little skin in the game to protect them. But I just don't see Putin shut he's shutting down. Unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that Putin had the giving and I hate that he had too to give in to trust. Yeah, I mean Zelensky, because he was really trying to hold on to you know, those minerals for his country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and well he wanted to, Yeah, he wanted to. He wanted it to sort of be a you know, a fear, a kind of a level playing field. But he also needs the he needs our protection. And you know, I feel badly for him too, but sometimes you do have to play a game. He's a true leader. We we talked about this already, but God, when when he was at the Pope Services Zelensky walked in, the people went wild because he absolutely is just such a good man. And yeah, and.
Speaker 3: What did they do when President Trump walked in?
Speaker 2: Silence? Nothing, no one boot or anything. But there was absolute silence. There was there was nothing.
Speaker 3: There's a word for that, Bobby, It's called crickets.
Speaker 2: That's it. Well, there were there were really I didn't even know. I got to be honest, I don't even know there were crickets, Like there was even the crickets were quiet. They didn't they didn't say a flip and thing. So and that has to drive him crazy because you know, that's the one thing, the one thing that he absolutely loves is to be loved, you know, and I lied to you. Do you know what?
Speaker 3: The do you know what?
Speaker 2: The last thing I want to talk about, because I want to get your opinion from this, is that the MET gala. This has nothing to do with politics. It's just me being a nosy Bach. The MET Gala was this week. Who did you think was terrific?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, of course, without question, my number one diva, the number one diva in the world, Dinah Ross came and completely shut the whole red carpet down with the coach that covered the whole massive stairs. The covi was eighteen feet but there was so many different fantastic looks Bobby and it was one another. I'm telling you, they came all out, went all that. It was so many people. I was impressed by. Ross is gonna always be my alternate number one no matter what she does. She could do no wrong. But it was so many good looks Bobby, women and men, and the men really dressed up and went all out. It was it was tailored towards the black the black men's fashion of the black master of a certain era like nineteen twenties, I think, or nineteen forties. But they really really understood the assignment. And I love to see everybody dressed up and went crazy. Nicki Minaj, Janelle Money. I loved her. Look, oh my god, it was Jee Roberts.
Speaker 2: Roberts like she was she she was down, like she let the real big stars shine, you know, because she's a newscaster. But she had she had the hat, she had the suit that was like that skimmed her body. She is well into her sixties, if not seventy, and her body is terrific.
Speaker 3: And Kim kardash had a hat on that I just want to call your hats if I can borrow. I wasn't that crazy about the dress, but that hat did it for me. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I have to be honest with you, because a lot of times I don't understand them. I think that this particular subject matter was easier for everybody to understand. I can honestly tell you there wasn't anything I saw that I didn't like. You know, sometimes you go I might not have liked it as other pieces, but I thought all of them pretty much fit what it was supposed to be on their interpretation, I thought, And you'd never think I would say this because she just says a different style than me. I loved what they what they put on Wooie Goldberg and let me tell you is working for us. You look terrific.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I loved Whoopy's look. I did. I did, Yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 2: Was really There really wasn't anything that I wasn't that I wasn't crazy about Zendai. I'm beautiful.
Speaker 3: She looked at the I think that then she actually looked like Danna Ross on the movie Hogany. And you know, Netflix is about to do a biopic on Diana Ross. Do not be surprised if that wasn't a brig crumb leading up to the Big Forest. I'm telling you, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: It could be only she's so much taller. But that's all right. They've had the actors that are so much bigger and smaller, and they'll figure it out. She's a gorgeous girl to begin with. But yeah, there wasn't There wasn't a one that I didn't that I looked to my if what were they thinking? You know? Sometimes, oh my god? And I loved there was drama, you know, several of them had the coats taken off, right, a couple of guys too, and they showed what was underneath and and what was underneath was wasn't as bad either for some of them. The overcode itself was terrific. To me, that was like the best part, But I really enjoyed it. Sorry to make you talk about that again, but I just I was like, Oh, I'm dying to see what she thinks.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm telling you everything was beautiful and we have made it through another episode of LAF for Lan Relations. Gentlemen, Thank you guys so much for joining us. Remember you can follow me on all social media and platforms as Flame Monroe on Instagram on Monroe Flame. Also, I will be I'm still on tour on the Funny and Fielders tour with Tiffany hash. We will be in North Dakota on Friday and Saturday. Check Tiffany Haddis dot com for local listings. I will be in New York at Comedy in Harlem on June the ninth, no June the twenty second. I'm doing the Breakfast Club on June the nineteenth, but I will be at Comedy in Harlem on June and twenty second. Get your tickets at Comedy Halem's website or go to my page for all the information. Ladies and gentlemen. Bobby Clifford, where can we find you at?
Speaker 2: Lady Oh, I'm Bobby Clifford on Facebook and TikTok and Clifford Bobby on Instagram, Round and Love and Learn podcast. And you guys haven't been Sunday very much other than my true blue friend Cassie. No porn. But if you have ideas or you have questions about anything, feel free to send them through.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness that you got just missed up? Okay than ladies, then hear it, laugh and learned. Nothing has changed, nothing will change. We appreciate you. We need you, guys to share, subscribe, tell your friends that to hear it, laugh and learned. This is what we talk about. This is what we do because that laugh and learn the model has not changed, then will not change. Here laught a learned. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind because why Bobby, Because.
Speaker 2: Your mind and your vote are a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, thank you guys so much for joining us. We will see you next week or on the road somewhere, have a great week, have a great day, Bobby Cliffoot bye touts.
Speaker 2: See tuts, have a good one, break a leg.
Speaker 3: Steal one, borrow one, all that. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heeart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Row. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn,