Speaker 1: Oh man, I am so curious to see the comment section after you listen to the brand new Awkward Tuesday today. Oh yeah, welcome to the Second Date podcast. Thank you so much for being here and just let us know.
Speaker 2: This is what I want. I think this is a really simple question.
Speaker 1: Is it okay to meet someone that you like at your own wedding?
Speaker 2: Your own I can't believe you're actually asking this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Remember we all got people at weddings. Yo, that's cool, but your wedding.
Speaker 2: Don't judge. Don't judge. You gotta hear her story.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's coming up in just a second, but first our comment section.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ash said, my only request for my birthday this year was for my boyfriend to listen to Briock and Jeffrey with me. But we sit in silence and play games on our phone. You guys make me smile every day. Love from Australia's so great.
Speaker 2: All right, Well force him to listen to this one as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hope you're listening to this together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it starts right now.
Speaker 4: In all the years that we've been doing this show, and especially with this particular awkward segment, I don't think we've ever had a listener sound this nervous and this flustered.
Speaker 7: Yeah, as the woman on the phone did today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all this anxiety came over a guy that she hasn't seen or spoken to for three years. Wow, So she knew she needed to take a little bit of a risk and take a little bit of our advice.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, but it was.
Speaker 4: For sure one of the most entertaining phone calls we've ever had the pleasure of listening in on. That was our gift, and we're gonna give it back to you. You're gonna get to hear it in a brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: Next, It's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: When you think about the different types of people that you meet at a wedding, there's the constant crier, the overly flirtatious priest and always at least and the guy who thinks that maybe in another life he could have been a professional breakdancer.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, give me the worm again.
Speaker 4: He's so bendy.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: And that's just to name a few of them, because it's just a giant catalog of interesting characters and weddings, and maybe you meet one of the other guests, and you think, oh wow, that person's kind of cute, oh, kind of interesting.
Speaker 3: Always prospects.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that tie that he's wearing over his head sexy.
Speaker 3: Oh no, drunk.
Speaker 4: One of our listeners is looking to reconnect with somebody that she met at a wedding.
Speaker 7: Three years ago for just a brief moment.
Speaker 4: We don't know why it's taken her this long to go for it, but we do want to welcome Denise to the show.
Speaker 7: Denise, how you doing it?
Speaker 8: I'm well, how are you? Guys?
Speaker 1: How could anyone make that type of impact where for three years you're thinking about them?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think I need to be more specific. It wasn't a wedding. It was my wedding.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Maybe she lost the groom and that's what she's talking about.
Speaker 4: Somebody other than the guy you were marrying.
Speaker 7: That's who.
Speaker 8: Oh yes, it's actually a business associate of my then fiance, So I know him, but I don't know him.
Speaker 6: Well, he's a business he's in business with your act.
Speaker 2: Before we start any of this, are you single right now?
Speaker 8: We've been separated a year, okay, And he has nothing to do with that. It has nothing to do with the guy.
Speaker 2: Nothing to do with you checking out other men during the wedding.
Speaker 4: At least it wasn't the overly flirtatious priest that you were interested in. So it's somebody who knows somebody.
Speaker 8: I met him in the reception line, and then later he pulled me aside and he was like, you, I wanted to tell you look stunning.
Speaker 2: That's what you say every Brian my wedding day, every single guest. Better tell me I look stunny. You should.
Speaker 8: I mean stunning the word itself. It was like a three minute conversation and like we weren't flirting the connection that we had.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, and we're talking this wedding or your wedding. That's the first time that you met him.
Speaker 8: Yes it is?
Speaker 2: Is it the only time you've met him?
Speaker 8: That's the only time I've met him.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's an impact.
Speaker 4: So this happened three years ago at your wedding. Why are you coming forward at this point now?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 4: What was it about that interaction that you've never been able to forget?
Speaker 8: It was just a connection. He was able to joke with me, to connect. We had so much in common. It was very sudden and almost like disrupting.
Speaker 4: Okay, Brooke is clearly feeling a little bit skeptical about the whole situation.
Speaker 7: You can't see the face that she's making, but.
Speaker 2: I mean, are you wanting to call this guy? Is that who we're calling? In the awkward say?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, here's the thing. I had a friend at the wedding that I tried to hook up with him but it didn't end up going out. But she has his number and I just brought it up the other day and she was very encouraging. She was like, why not? He was this radio show that does this exact thing called Brook and Jeff Right.
Speaker 3: Well, so I haven't talked to him.
Speaker 6: We can call him and he's like, oh, I'm taking and the conversation is over.
Speaker 4: Sure are they close? Yeah?
Speaker 3: They still business together?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, okay.
Speaker 7: That's good.
Speaker 4: Actually, Brook Brook is still skeptical.
Speaker 7: Is it possible that this is a mess? Like, are we sure that this is the right time?
Speaker 1: That's exactly it it. I mean, it doesn't even sound like you're divorced yet. And I like, fine, date, do whatever you guys need to do. But like, like if I met a groom at a wedding and then only three years later he calls me and was like, hey, let's go out.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, you're nuts, no, thank you.
Speaker 8: It's indescribable.
Speaker 2: Indescribable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, they do say sometimes love can be messy, and I can't imagine it getting more messy than meeting the guy at your first wedding.
Speaker 8: Of course what a story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that doesn't mean it's not true love waiting to happen, right Brook, don't make that face.
Speaker 3: We believe.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 1: I just I mean, I have thought many times that I was in love with different people and it turned out I wasn't you know after initial meetings, Like those first feelings, they can feel big and overwhelming, but they can also be made true.
Speaker 7: Why do you keep saying I don't understand.
Speaker 2: They could be a falsehood?
Speaker 7: Alexis, Where where's your head at? Alexis?
Speaker 2: What are red flags? But of course I'm down to call him for the drama.
Speaker 7: I mean, oh, this is a selfish wit. You want to do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But at the same time, Denise is in the middle of a separation. It could be kind of a sensitive time. She might be in at a fragile stage of her life. Is it really worth taking this risk.
Speaker 8: It's absolutely worth taking. I've been separated for a year. Time, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she so caragile.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll go after one of my ex husband's colleagues.
Speaker 2: I mean, what are you wanting to ask him?
Speaker 8: I don't know if he's ever What do I say? Like? Have you ever thought about me over the past few years? Like I've I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're but you do want to gauge like does he have a romantic interest in.
Speaker 7: You at all?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I'm glad we're not calling this a second date update, because then we'd have to say.
Speaker 2: So you met this girl on the first date and she was the bride?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, what did you think?
Speaker 8: I just know I need advice on this. It's gonna sound so weird if I just come out of the blue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or it's gonna sound super romantic and meant to be. Uh. That's how we're gonna frame it when we come back. We'll give you some solid advice before you see if the guy that was at your wedding three years ago has any romantic interest in you now.
Speaker 2: He already knows what you look like in white.
Speaker 7: I guess Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 4: We'll do it with your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this. Hold on, it's awkward, it's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: We've all been a guest at a wedding and as the bride is walking down the aisle, you think, dang, if she wasn't getting married right now, that would be all over. Okay, maybe not all of us have thought that, but our listener, Denise is hoping.
Speaker 7: One guy was a guy named.
Speaker 4: Caleb who actually attended her wedding three years.
Speaker 2: Ago, the only time she's ever met him.
Speaker 4: Right now, her marriage did not stand the test of time. She's been separated about a year now, but she never forgot Caleb, so she's come to us today seeking advice on how to gauge his interest three years after they met at her nuptials. Definitely a different type of call that we're doing today.
Speaker 7: But Brooke, what advice do you have for Denise?
Speaker 2: Okay, Denise, I got to do in a don't all right?
Speaker 8: Okay, go ahead, Okay, don't.
Speaker 1: Bring up the connection that you had at your wedding while you were in a bridle ground.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't, okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: Do just tell him your friend who gave you his numbers, putting you up to this.
Speaker 2: It was all her idea. You've been and she's like, this is the guy you should call.
Speaker 1: So I barely remember you, but I'm doing this because my friend wanted me to.
Speaker 4: Okay, you don't even remember meeting him at your wedding barely. Okay, you know what do you think about that?
Speaker 7: Denise?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 9: Okay, oh okay.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, we're gonna pretend like you don't even know the guy and Jose, what's your advice?
Speaker 6: Well, I think it's most important that you get on the phone and then talk about whatever. Okay, you said that your chemistry with this guy is so good in just three minutes meeting him at your own wedding. Oh so, no matter what you talk about or bring up with him, chemistry's gonna take over.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, just natural and normal talk.
Speaker 8: Whatever comes exactly. Okay, Okay, I think that's advice that's vague.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to answer the phone is my advice, perfectly perfect.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna just start dialing and see if he picks up. We will be here ready to jump in and feel like you need help, but you got this Denise.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, just me, okay, okay.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's try it. I'm a dial it right now here we go?
Speaker 8: Hello, uh hi is this? Oh my god?
Speaker 9: Is this Kayla speaking?
Speaker 8: Oh my hi? How are you? Uh?
Speaker 3: Fine? Who am I speaking to?
Speaker 8: I know, I know this sounds crazy, I know, and I'm not crazy, but I like, oh no, oh hello, yeah, So I I had met you before. I met you at a wedding and my friend was there and she had your number and put me up to doing this, so hang on, I was trying to be brave.
Speaker 9: Back, slow down.
Speaker 3: I don't even know who this is.
Speaker 9: I met you at a wedding or something.
Speaker 8: You did. You used to be in business with my husband, like a long time ago. But this will really I think this was really clarify for you. It was my wedding. Okay, and no, oh oh hey, no.
Speaker 9: Got an idea. I don't even know your name. Why don't we start with your name and so I can help you?
Speaker 8: Denise?
Speaker 9: Okay, Denise, it was three years ago.
Speaker 8: We're separated. Because you know, I'm not not havnything to do with it. I mean, what.
Speaker 9: Did you say your husband's name was?
Speaker 8: Isn is Peter.
Speaker 9: Okay, now that rings a bell?
Speaker 8: Peter Denise nothing.
Speaker 9: Yes, no, yeah, Hi, yes, hi, hi, Yes, I'm yes, I remember your wedding. It's it's nice to hear from you. Has you said you and Peter separated?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry?
Speaker 9: What's this in regard to?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry? What? I'm so sorry? I'm outside.
Speaker 9: Hey, I'm in the middle. You know you caught me in between two meetings. I've got about forced four minutes to talk. How can I help you?
Speaker 8: Well, like I said, my girlfriend told me to do this and it was just fussy, something fun, and I.
Speaker 9: Told you to do I don't even know what this is.
Speaker 8: Well, listen, you know, I just I thought you were really nice, and you know, we had a nice conversation and I just, oh my gosh, it was so awkward. Right, I didn't know if you were.
Speaker 9: Going to pick up Yeah, I you know, I got to admit I'm a little regretting it, you know.
Speaker 8: Oh no, no, no, no coffee? Would you like to have would you like to have some coffee with me?
Speaker 9: Sometimes?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Oh oh god?
Speaker 9: Oh uh, I'm yeah. I mean I'm having trouble still wrapping my brain around this. You said that you and Peter that it didn't We.
Speaker 8: Are separated and I haven't separated for a year.
Speaker 9: Oh that's like, yeah, we were no longer really in touch beyond just LinkedIn. Are you saying that you want? I mean, should I reach out to him him? Or it sounds like you all are going through a tough patches that am I.
Speaker 8: No, not, I mean interestingly not not not really. It's mutual and so I mean I wouldn't say you had to get in talk with him, certainly. I think that would be weird.
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't know what's weird at this point. You know, Oh my god?
Speaker 8: Should I take a chance, don't you know?
Speaker 10: Like Denise right, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're yes, absolutely you Your wedding was a ton of fun. And actually I'm remembering, yeah, you're yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 9: Remembering your I asked out not your friend, but I think was your sister that night?
Speaker 6: Oh I know it was a friend?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 7: Oh god?
Speaker 2: Maybe both?
Speaker 9: Wait a second, what what is.
Speaker 3: This, Taylor?
Speaker 4: But this is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 9: Oh so this whole thing is just a prank.
Speaker 4: It's no, it's unfortunately not It's a segment we do called the Awkward Tuesday phone Call because we're trying to help Denise have this really lovely conversation with you.
Speaker 2: Just own it, you know, conversation very yeah.
Speaker 7: Very natural sounding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Denise remembers you from three years ago and she doesn't remember you.
Speaker 7: That well though.
Speaker 4: Friend friend thought that you two should get together.
Speaker 7: And have common right.
Speaker 8: I do remember told me I was stunning.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's that's kind of what you say to a bride on her wedding day.
Speaker 7: You just say that to any bride.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I.
Speaker 9: Might have told your sister the same thing if I remember.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, but she did.
Speaker 9: She did turn me down.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, so no boundaries have been crossed.
Speaker 2: Caleb? Are you single and available? Can we just start there?
Speaker 3: I am single? Yes, That not.
Speaker 2: Often that you meet somebody in the real world. That's what everybody wants right now, right like get off the apps. Meet Really, I.
Speaker 9: Would be happy to explore that option, maybe with less of an audience. I'm talking.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, so what you actually do want to have coffee with me? O, Caleb?
Speaker 9: I'm sure? Why not? No?
Speaker 1: Okay, she meant that in a way, She's not surprised at all, because she's a total.
Speaker 4: You know, her friend just thought that you two would have a strong connection.
Speaker 7: So this is perfect.
Speaker 4: Let's not continue it anymore and make it any more awkward than it already.
Speaker 2: Let's not talk about that wedding.
Speaker 4: We will step away and let you Denise talk to Caleb and find the time.
Speaker 7: To meet up.
Speaker 8: Awesome, thank you guys.
Speaker 7: Okay, awesome, absolutely, Wow.
Speaker 9: That was super weird put in.
Speaker 4: Like a fun type of way.
Speaker 9: I wasn't expecting the bride of a friend to reach out her.
Speaker 2: Dab, don't think of her that way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it doesn't bug you at all that you tried with a sister and that didn't work.
Speaker 9: I think I probably asked out like five women that night. I don't really know.
Speaker 2: At dinner table.
Speaker 4: Ye, the whole time you should have been asking out the bride.
Speaker 7: Who would have.
Speaker 8: Thought Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: I think Denise hung up somewhere in the end.
Speaker 2: There she's too excited, yeah.
Speaker 4: Or her phone died, or she got nervous and she dropped it into the toilet, or she heard yeah.
Speaker 6: We'll figure it out and was like, Okay, that's why I need to hear it click.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could definitely hear how anxious she was though, just being on the phone with him.
Speaker 6: I did not believe he said yes too for somebody who sounds like they said they had chemistry. Shoes not part of that chemistry.
Speaker 8: Ye.
Speaker 4: I do need our producer to reach out to Denise and tell her, you know, he did say yes to coffee.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I want an update from these two so bad.
Speaker 4: I do think it'd be funny if he texted her ahead of time and asked her to wear her wedding dress to their coffee day, would just so she just recognize as Yeah, remember how stunning she really is from that day. In fact, we encourage all of our listeners to put on your old wedding dress and go listen to our podcast in it.
Speaker 7: It's so you're wearing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you spent a lot of money on it. You might as well wear it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The show just hits better when you're wearing your wedding clothes to it.
Speaker 7: I'm so glad I'm married.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can find us wherever you get yours.
Speaker 7: We're online at Brooke and Jeffrey