Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. The Ravens are getting ready to face the Houston Texans in the Divisional round of the playoffs coming up on Saturday, four thirty pm at M and T Bank Stadium. As the Ravens prepared for that game, we had a chance to hear from head coach Sean Harbaugh and some of the key players today. So let's kick things off with Coach Hardball.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to see everybody. Sure appreciate you being here. Good practice, spiriture high. I think we're all appreciative of the opportunity to play the game. I mean, you know, to get up today and be involved in something this exciting, something that guys have worked so hard for. By the grace of God, we're able to do that and we're looking forward to the challenge and the opportunity that's in front of us. What questions you have, John, with all the experience up More has had downy season, now, do you think we're more prepared for this postseason.
Speaker 3: That ever been doing.
Speaker 2: I think everybody's really prepared and excited to play. Lamar is ready to go. The guys are ready to go. They've worked hard for this opportunity to get to this point, and uh and competing in such a big game, you know, against such a worthy opponent, playing a very good football team, and we've got our hands full and we're hoping to put our best foot forward.
Speaker 3: On the elements.
Speaker 4: Certainly won't be like a couple of the games we saw this past weekend, but it is expected to be pretty cold.
Speaker 5: How do you prepare for that?
Speaker 4: He planning on getting outside it all this week, tomorrow, whatever, But how do you kind of prepare for that this week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll practice it. We practiced it the last couple of weeks. You know, it was pretty cold the last couple of weeks. A lot of wins, so that's been good for us. I kind of feel good about that. We will get out there tomorrow. I really believe we'll be able to get out there tomorrow. The field was frozen today, so we weren't able to get out there today, But tomorrow looks like we should.
Speaker 6: Stands out to you about this Houston team that's.
Speaker 1: Different than so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Houston team.
Speaker 2: You know, they're just seventeen weeks better. You know, I think they do a good job. Obviously, they've suddenly improved every single week. I thought they were very good football team week one. I think if you go back and check your record, you'll you'll find that. You know, so they've they haven't surprised me or they haven't surprised us. They've they've done pretty much what what I thought they were gonna do. They're very good football team. They're very talented. They played very hard. Uh they executed a high level the you know, CJ is just doing phenomenal job.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Nico Collins Michigan guy, you know, man, he's he's a go to guy for him. A lot of a lot of skilled players, good offensive line, playing very physical defenses all over the field as you'd expect, you know, obviously, just a really good football team.
Speaker 7: And so you saw Mark Hans to take a nice grab their drills.
Speaker 8: But because of the left, what have.
Speaker 7: You seen from him just physically since he's been back practicing and is there hope he might be able to play?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was I think today was his best best showing so far. You know, he really took took a big step. Just what you saw today we saw as well. Uh So that's encouraging. Just have to see how it goes.
Speaker 9: Remember being as of your head coach, who were quarterback and getting into the playoffs? And what have you seen in Tamiko Ryan because he gets out there for years.
Speaker 10: I considering the.
Speaker 11: Calendar of getting in.
Speaker 2: It's a way back machine there. I mean, I remember that run. It was it was exciting. Who are we beat in the first game?
Speaker 3: Was that Dolphins?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember, I remember now? And we were down to Miami. Didn't didn't Sugs have an interception? Or was it a reed read?
Speaker 5: See?
Speaker 2: I remember it so well. You know, you just you just you're just not thinking that way right now. You know, you're thinking about what's in front of you. But then we went to Tennessee and beat Tennessee, and then we went to Pittsburgh and didn't win.
Speaker 3: I remember that, John.
Speaker 8: What does change this week?
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously playoffs, the winner go home element is thrown in there, but are you preparing your team?
Speaker 8: Is anything drastically change the sence?
Speaker 2: And now you know, it's just the excitement of being in the playoffs. I mean, you understand it's a It's true we talk about being one to know and it.
Speaker 3: Comes into sharp focus in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: But our guys understand that's not something we need to talk about. We just understand that the teams you know that are playing right now, there's eight teams left and it's the best eight teams, and so you're playing high level. We've been playing those kind of games pretty much for the last number of weeks, and our preparation remains the same. We were great today on point and I'm excited about that.
Speaker 11: You did have the hardest schedule coming out of here late by. You have the hardest schedule for about a five week run. And how much does that help as you're prepare for the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Well, it definitely helps.
Speaker 2: I mean it sharpens you, you know, it's it forges you, it makes you stronger.
Speaker 9: Donaha.
Speaker 11: The plan when you guys signed Odell was gonna have to kind of ramp up.
Speaker 9: But the way that we had and I know you weren't there that worked out in Arizona or whatever it was. But to see him kind of come along physically, have to see your football now being a guy who it has to be the years.
Speaker 11: What was, like I said, impressed your shot out to you a kind of way he's branded up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely definitely appreciate that question. I just think he's been through a lot.
Speaker 2: Odell's been through so much and uh, and he's worked so hard and it hasn't been easy.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think there's a lot of pain.
Speaker 2: Involved there over the over the course of the last two years and even throughout the course of the season in terms of working through the different challenges. And he's at his best right now. You know, you see him out there, he looks really good. He's moving around excellent fast, he's catching the ball, running great routes.
Speaker 3: So I think, you know, I'm looking forward to seeing what he does here.
Speaker 11: John didn't Williams haveing Williams weeks from a thing where he just wasn't.
Speaker 12: All the way back in this kind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I don't the medical details of it, but it wasn't it wasn't there. It just wasn't there, you know, as far as being ready to to uh get out there and be safe and play at that level. So we looked at it, tried to get it there, and it just wasn't getting there. And that Paige did everything he could do and he'll be back, you know, next year.
Speaker 3: But I just wasn't there right now, I.
Speaker 8: Would say coach Sean Harbaugh.
Speaker 1: Next up is quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 13: Therefore practice throwing the ball left handed doing chest bumps out there.
Speaker 5: Uh, I mean it's the playoff weeks. Uh, it seems very very loose out there. That's kind of how you feel right now.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, you know, we had some time off to regroup lot back in hight Antsy Antsy Cordea, Lamar, how much did it change when you once you know, it came to the realization that you guys were playing the Texans hunch jobs.
Speaker 7: And picked out who your opponent was.
Speaker 3: Did did anything to change.
Speaker 7: When were times of stock I know you'dn't preparing, but mentally.
Speaker 12: Did any kind of coach?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 14: No, I just went right to film from uh the first time we paid them and just watched film from throughout the season who they you know, from other opponents in Texas have played.
Speaker 3: Just went right to it, you know, film study.
Speaker 8: How different do you feel they are from seven couple weeks to war?
Speaker 14: They I I believe they're more in sync as a team, you know, I I I believe they had new guys getting used to the coach.
Speaker 3: They're playing lights south ball right now.
Speaker 8: It war uh goa Charbo just said that he feels like Odell is at his best right now. It's kind of been a long road for him.
Speaker 3: Is that how you see it?
Speaker 8: And how how valuable would he be as a target for you with some trusted moments here in the first season.
Speaker 14: I believe throughout all all season he's been, you know, each and every week getting better and better to to being the player that he once was, you know, and he like I said, all, yeah, he's been. But yeah, as we as the playoffs keep start rolling, he's definitely gonna be one of the guys.
Speaker 11: OPJ was in the super Bowl just two years ago. How much do you guys lean on his experience and how much guidance does he provide on the path to the Super bowlers?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 14: We we we really don't lean on lean on anyone's experience, you know, because those are different teams. You know, we just try to pick their braind from you know, what they did to prepare for it, if anything, prepare for the game.
Speaker 3: But we pretty much as gold goal as one unit.
Speaker 8: Did you watch the weekend's games live?
Speaker 5: And if so, what do you think is CJ?
Speaker 10: Stroud?
Speaker 8: And then secondarily how tough is it the playoffs?
Speaker 9: Rookie quarterback.
Speaker 8: You were there as a rookie, you know, since that a tough assignment.
Speaker 3: What do you remember from the nah I didn't watch it live.
Speaker 14: I I didn't watch the game live, but from my experience, Uh, he played better than I did from my my rookie game, I'd say that definitely.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 3: He was throwing the ball all over the field, making things happen. He did great. He did great.
Speaker 7: Right, talked about how much Houston has changed since we'd gone and shooting your team has changed since that first game in September.
Speaker 14: We we changed a lot as well, just getting better and better, you know, with our scheme and just being one unit. You know, we had a bunch of new pieces as well on offense. Uh, but we we definitely getting scene.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 2: Come, well, I know you say you don't you don't play against the other quarterback and you you study the.
Speaker 5: Other team's defense. But how much have you seen secres Dott?
Speaker 3: What most impressions he was? About him?
Speaker 14: I like, like you just answered it, uh a little bit. You know, I don't really watch the games, but when I when I do, catch glimpses of other quarterbacks. But him, he's just been none to talk on TV. You know that's a guy who you gonna see day in day out.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 14: Seven he's been throwing the ball all over the field, even though one of his star receivers Taint that went down, still been making things happen with the guys you.
Speaker 2: Have, Lamar, I know you like to play better and everybody would have over the years in the in the postseason.
Speaker 5: Do you feel you're, after everything you've.
Speaker 7: Been through, that you're more prepared at entering this postseason than ever before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe so. I believe so.
Speaker 11: Why not meaningful with a game, but to get away the guy right now, to go to as.
Speaker 14: To get to things which kind in your freend h, it'd be great, it'd be great, but we gonna we gonna just handle everything a day at a time.
Speaker 10: Lamar.
Speaker 8: You talking a lot of season about not wanting to so you feel.
Speaker 10: Like you guys started to play with basketball.
Speaker 3: Going into the phone games.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that that's the Uh, Yeah, I believe we we was you know, uh, especially against the opponents we had, you know, playoff opponents, and uh that's the that's the thing about that bye wee. I was like, dang, we got a bowie. I believe we was getting into a groove. You know, we was getting more and more doubt then, but it is what it is because you know, coach Harbat still made us practice like we was preparing for.
Speaker 3: A game, so I believe we'll still be ready.
Speaker 13: Jonason, guess will that you felt like it was a lot of value in stating in practice and.
Speaker 5: Just driving to the venue at Did you take that time.
Speaker 6: To visualize and kind of imagine what this weekends in your life?
Speaker 10: Nah?
Speaker 14: You know, I pretty much just let last week be last week and this would be, you know, a different week. We actually playing this time, We're not practicing against each other, so it was different for me.
Speaker 4: You kind of mentioned that you felt forward the end of the season, you're getting into the groove, and then the bye week happens. How do you kind of stay in that groove like this week toward the end of the week and into the game. How do you make sure that you guys are still in that group?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 14: Just prepare for preparing practice, you know, treating practices like re preparing for a game. And that's pretty much what we did last week, and then just follow over for this week, cause you know, actually we got the game Saturday, so it helps us out.
Speaker 11: Well, you're you're ready for uh twenty degrees.
Speaker 3: I'm ready for whatever right now.
Speaker 10: When people talk about all this time off between playing, I mean the preseason.
Speaker 11: If you didn't play at all and then you hear it up and it started from moek one, can you make that comparison at all?
Speaker 10: Is a totally different when.
Speaker 5: We're talking about postseason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe I can make it. You know I don't. I don't have no other choice. You know, I sat out uh for the boy week and now we you know we're here. That's U Beate's a.
Speaker 7: Guy who's flashed at at times to if you guys are you know, connecteds up, haven't connected on other players? How how dangerous I guess can he be if if if rhythm is there and you guys can hit on on.
Speaker 14: Some of these plays, Uh, I believe very dangerous, you know, But we got so many guys, great receivers and great tight ends and great running backs.
Speaker 3: Everyone can't shine at once. You know, it's everyone gonna shine it all together.
Speaker 14: So you know, he can't really get all the flowers he deserves, you know, but to us, he definitely get his flowers.
Speaker 3: Cause he's one of the ones.
Speaker 4: We were talking about rookies to the improves since week one?
Speaker 8: How have you seen Save Flowers improve? And what do you see from him in order to his vibes entering his first playoffs?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't I really don't think he has to improve.
Speaker 14: He just got to keep doing what he's doing, you know, just then himself and playing how he's playing, whatever mode he's in before the game. Just stay in that mold, because he go out there and just ball out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, how has he improved since week one?
Speaker 3: He's been playing the same, He's been playing the same.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: She would just keep doing it, you know, just level up a little bit more of anything, you know.
Speaker 6: Market well, any better on this team looks away to see him, uh, you know, run some routes and then kind of come along in that progress from the something because.
Speaker 14: It's great to see one of our guys back, you know, one of our main guys are back.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 14: But if you just need him, keep it paying and keep getting better day at a time. But we waiting on him.
Speaker 11: In your four previous playoff games, the offense didn't score more than twenty points. How much more confidence do you feel that this year's offense has the ability to put up the points you even win in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Very confident, very very confident, extremely confident.
Speaker 4: And then you were treating each game like with the championship game. Cause back to that point, how do you make that mindset? He help you keep this far?
Speaker 13: How it would pair you forward about?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 14: Just you know, just keeping my mind focused on the assignment, you know, not letting anything into into my mind. You know that I'm mess up, my mess up, my my thoughts for the game and stuff like that, and it it's great.
Speaker 1: That was quarterback Lamar Jackson. We also heard from defensive leader Rokwan Smith at the podium today.
Speaker 8: It's rule. How would you, uh you describe the mentality of the team going into playoffs?
Speaker 5: Oh, next game on the schedule. We all know what's at stake. Is that all go home?
Speaker 13: I mean it's go home or keep going, you know, and we know our mission and we know how we feel about each other, and we know it's not gonna end this week.
Speaker 5: So we're gonna do everything in our power and play all style. We do that. Everything else, I'll take care of yourself.
Speaker 6: Saturday, And how are you feeling ahead of your first playoff game.
Speaker 13: That, oh, it was pretty I thought we had we got a lot of it. It was kind of funny you asked that because the head security, uh, one of the head security's Craig, he asked me.
Speaker 5: He was like, bro, man, you came in.
Speaker 13: You didn't really uh, you didn't really speak much. You just had the straight face like you it was a real game. I'm trying to tell you to relax in a sense. So it was just in that mindset, you know, when I get to the stadium, man, I'm thinking like, hey, it's time to go to war.
Speaker 5: So it was definitely good.
Speaker 13: And then it was also good from the standpoint of guys with families and stuff being able to hang out, kids, being able to enjoy the stadium, enjoy foods and just break bread amongst each other.
Speaker 5: So it was pretty sweet.
Speaker 4: You're a pretty intense guy during the regular season. I think that's a fair comment. How much more intense do you get for a playoff game?
Speaker 13: I think you'll be there Saturday at what time? Four thirty and then and we'll see how about that. Well, you know, I think it's always up a notch. But hey, your life depends on it every single game throughout the season and then playoffs. Man, it's just I don't think personally you try to, but just I think instincts just raise that raise our standard.
Speaker 5: But at the end of the day, I'll see there Saturday and we'll see when you look at affections from week one c J.
Speaker 2: Strap in week one to now, what stands out about where they've come.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think they're definitely have approved, but hey, so have we when you look at it, and yeah, they do a lot of good things. Twenty six is running the ball well. Seven he's very accurate, and then twelve the receiver, he's definitely coming on. So the offense is definitely clicking. But hey, we wouldn't want it any other way. So we're prepared for it and we're ready to go to war regardless of who is against. And they're the team that's coming in here. So business is business handled.
Speaker 3: If somebody from another.
Speaker 5: Kid clause you, it says, you know, you've been with the partbof year and a half.
Speaker 3: Now, what what's it like to play for both Flord be your antipas?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I say a really first or a really good coach, you know. Uh, listen to his players, and I would say, just gonna get that work. Demand demand the most out of you and want you to maximize yourself day in and day out, and if you do that, feel like you get rewarded. And I'm a hum a witness of it in a sense. So I love playing for and I'm you know, grateful to be here. So we definitely gotta get it for ourselves as well as him.
Speaker 6: You think that's the wins you guys had, especially that stretch against the Jaguars, the Niners, Dolphins. How much confidence does the success to your game plans and your ability to execute those.
Speaker 11: Game plans to give you in a game where you've.
Speaker 8: Had so much time to prepare.
Speaker 5: Honestly, what happened in the regular season happened in the regular season. We passed that.
Speaker 13: We're onto the postseason and we don't need any extra confidence at all. We know who exactly who we are well a bunch of dolls at the end of the day, and a nicer way of saying, and guys that you know or do anything for each other and try to, you know, knock off anybody that's trying to stop that coming in between us. In a sense, so we don't need confidence by any means. We know exactly who we are, So we just got to come out and show that to the world who'll be watching and versus a really good team in Houston, Oka Lines.
Speaker 1: How much do you guys as a defense feel like, you know, it's either whether it's pressure or responsibility is on you guys, just with how well you play this year to continue that into the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Pressure.
Speaker 13: Hell, I don't feel pressure at all, but some do say pressure burst pipes will make diamonds, and hey, you know, I know a lot of guys in there like diamonds, So I would say we're in a diamond making business at the end of the day. But at the end of the day, we just got to come out and be who we are. And that's going to start from the first play to the last play. Send a message exactly who we are and what we've been all year. And this is a new year right here. So everybody is zero and zero going into each and every game, and it's about winning the game at hand, and that's that's our focus. And I know if we do everything to the standard that we know, everything to work out for usself.
Speaker 15: For us.
Speaker 1: Is there a different edge, you know when you had to have to buy week and of some guys that play against the Steelers, is there a different edge this defense?
Speaker 13: Getting the time off though, I think there's an edge anytime you go out there and put everything on the line with your guys, regardless of who the opponent is. It can be Pop Warner team, it can be you know, maybe say your parents want to come out there and play against you guys.
Speaker 5: They gotta get it.
Speaker 13: So I don't think it's anything extra regardless of like with the time off of stuff. But I definitely know we are ready to go to war and whoever's on that battlefield first of us have to get dealt with accordingly.
Speaker 1: That was ro Kwan Smith And in the locker room today we talked with somebody who knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl. That's Odell Beckham Junior.
Speaker 8: It's been a long road for him working.
Speaker 1: His way back from the knee injury that he actually suffered in the Super Bowl when the Rams won it two years ago. He talked about that journey and his mindset going into this postseason.
Speaker 11: Hopey, Jay, you're one of the you guys on this team with Super Bowl experience. How many guys have come to you or leaning on you for the the the pathway to that game again.
Speaker 5: And again.
Speaker 10: Like I've been saying the whole year, I feel like everybody knows, uh what's at stake and just being down that road and you know, remembering all the feelings of how things win and how the games go. It's just it's just about dolling that to all the things that coach Hobs talks about small fundamentals of football. Everybody doing the assignment, and uh, there's no teams that are here by a stake or accident or every Every team here is the best of the best of the business. So reapproach it like that and or whatever I could do to to help.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: Odell.
Speaker 4: Now you're through an entire regular season, and you're through the bye week of the postseason. Now you're into actual game prep game week.
Speaker 3: What changes?
Speaker 10: I mean?
Speaker 3: Is the intensity greater?
Speaker 4: Is the mindset different? How would you describe it?
Speaker 10: I can't say. Personally for myself, I don't know if it's it's any different. You know, I been looking forward to it since, you know, the win against Miami. You know, it's been a long time that you've had off. I'm always intense when.
Speaker 5: It comes to this, and I'm always thinking about it.
Speaker 10: So I don't know if there's anything different for me personally. Uh, but I think everybody has a a sense of agency. We're aw you know, anxious to take it to day at a time, but like everybody's excited about the opportunity of Yeah.
Speaker 8: But uh, you I those you been a long road for you to get back to this point. Do you feel like everything's kind of been building for for this playoff run for you?
Speaker 10: Or Yeah, it's been a long road since November tenth or eleventh, two thousand twenty, you know when it first started with the hill, and then you trained for fourteen months and uh, you know, unfortunately everybody knows what happened in the super Bowl, and you train another nineteen months, like it's been along. It's been a long two two and a half years. So kind of all boils down to this. You know, you only have four or five days guaranteed left. Everything else you earn after that, everything else after that you've earned, and then I I don't think anybody in this building takes it lightly. Such a long journey and you're getting towards the end, it's like you might as well re the be the benefits of, you know, all the hard work you put in. So uh, we're all fighting for the opportunity to to earn the opportunity to be able to practice again for another week. And it starts with, you know, beating a very good team in the Houston Texas who you know they they they've got everything rolling and clicking or it's not gonna be a easy task.
Speaker 5: But I I think this team is up for the champion.
Speaker 8: You you talked about energy either since you've signed here, how would you describe the energy on the team.
Speaker 10: Doing us for you?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 10: I mean it's just it's alecterc You know, you have guys in every single position special teams, offense, defense, quarterback, but ironbackers, the dvs or receivers. I mean it it's it's definitely just you know it. I it's one of those teams it's very hard to beat. And when you have such a tight knit group everybody playing for each other, you know, your brothers, it it makes things a lot more fun when you know you come out Victoria's So I know that, like I said, everybody knows the tasks at end, she gotta take it to day and someone.
Speaker 7: Uh, y'all, have you know the same thing differently from morehow cause do you know you he's been focused on that one more?
Speaker 5: Now that's full seasons sign? Have you done the same thing yet past the ones before that?
Speaker 15: Same?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 10: Same since the minute we stepped in here. You know his eyes are on that prize, his approach. If anything, he looks even more focused and locked in than ever. So it's been an exciting season for all of us. Uh, it's been a historical season for himself. I don't know if you want the MVP already on the season names, but you know he he's the leader of the hard and souls of this team and we're just trying to find a.
Speaker 5: Way to scratch a car for another victory.
Speaker 7: Odell, you said some very complimentary things about for involved inform the season. Now that you've had a full season played for him, what would you kind of say about that experience?
Speaker 15: Then?
Speaker 10: I change my money. Yeah about all the I'm terrible, terrible everything about it. It's just the like, like I've a I've told you you know, the way he runs this place, that you. You know, when people care for you, it's not like, you know, just a pot take.
Speaker 5: So it's just this is your job to have this way.
Speaker 10: This is a genuine life that he has, and I feel like it kind of reflects to this building and it definitely reflects on any values and things.
Speaker 5: That I stand for, love, you know, and on all of those things. Uh, he's ever absolutely Truman.
Speaker 11: Look, he's been everything that's fun.
Speaker 5: He goes on my you know, my host move coaches.
Speaker 15: That a h for sure.
Speaker 7: He's you sit next to Zay Flowers.
Speaker 5: Uh, you sit next to Zay?
Speaker 11: How ad you seen him mature this season.
Speaker 10: And become a herd player? I think.
Speaker 5: Experience is always the best teacher.
Speaker 10: You know that there's really nothing better than that, you know, be able to see those things and just just the maturity to to whstand the storm. And he knows the idea of the rookie wall and all those things. And he kind of hit the ground run at full speed and then he kind of just kept going and I could see that he's, you know, gearing up, and I just try and have a conversations with him. It's still confidence conversations. If there's anything needed, Hey, what'd you.
Speaker 5: Work on today?
Speaker 3: What'd you get better? Is it that you want to people to?
Speaker 5: How's your body? You know? Just kind of try and stay there for him, And.
Speaker 10: I told him, you know this, this is where you you start your legacy, but that that was all fun and cool, rookie year behind us.
Speaker 5: But this is where you where you submit yourself the stone and that's where your legacy truly be in it.
Speaker 10: So I know that he's excited for it. I know everybody here is excited for it, and it's just an amazing opportunity.
Speaker 1: To be have. That was Odell Beckham Junior. We also talked for somebody else who knows what it takes to hoist the Marty Trophy, and that's veteran outside linebacker Kyle van Noyt. He has two super under his belts, won it twice, and he talked about that today.
Speaker 4: You know what this is all about, postseason winning championships. Do you try to impart that knowledge on your teammates or do they seek it out? What changes in the postseason?
Speaker 12: Well, I mean right away it's winner go home. You know, I'm here if guys need me and if they would need to lean on me. But at the end of the day, I just don't think playoff experience matters. Every year is new new challenges, new team, new teammates. Wherever you are, if you've been somewhere for ten years, twenty years, or a year, everything's different. So, you know, I just think it comes down to the simple fundamentals of football, catching, running, tackling, hiking the ball. Simple stuff like that of being on point every single play and doing it for sixty minutes.
Speaker 4: So when you look around the room at your teammates this year, when your tool postseason, how ready is this particular group?
Speaker 12: You know, I'm not one to sit here and say we're we're ready or not ready. I just think at the end of the day, as a group, we know the task at hand, and we're gonna play Saturday Saturday night at four thirty.
Speaker 4: What do you what do you see out of this Texans OFFENSEJ Stroud and his weapons?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think something that not many people have talked about is their O line play and how really how well they've performed. Former teammate over there, Shaq Mason's playing really really good football as well as Tunsul indeed, or their center. They're just doing a really good job as a group playing and then obviously you gotta if you haven't watched or you know anything about the Texans. CJ. Stroud's played tremendous forum, Nico Collins done a really good job, and then Singletary running the ball. So I think collectively, you know, CJ. Stroud's kind of overshadow some of the guys that have been playing really really well, but they've been a really complete offense and you know, they've done a really good job of attacking downfield and running the ball. So we're excited for the challenge. We just got to play Ravens football.
Speaker 2: Do you remember what you were doing week one?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 12: I was watching watching everybody in the league, thinking I can still play football. So it's exciting. I won't forget it. And you know, I keep that chip on my shoulder that I wasn't wanted by a lot of teams, and you know, I'm grateful for the Ravens reaching out and believing in me and then throwing me in. It only took a couple of days for them to be like, oh, this dude's ready to play, and then I've been hitting the ground running and it's awesome and I just appreciate the guys embracing me here, and I'm excited to playing another playoff environment. This will be my tenth season and I've gone to the playoffs eight out of my ten season, so I'm really excited about that and another opportunity to showcase my skills and then as well as play with this team. Very excited that the team we've had in the type of dudes that are here, we really like each other and we hope to perform at a high level on Saturday Night.
Speaker 9: I know this is your first year with Lamar, but have you gotten a sense for how meaningful a playoff breakthrough would be for him?
Speaker 12: You know, I think it's meaningful for everybody, but I think for him. You know, he's said it all year, and I think you know the three words that he's said, I'm locked in, and he means it.
Speaker 1: You've experienced playoff football, the cliches that intensity ramps up.
Speaker 9: What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: Does it?
Speaker 4: How do you view it?
Speaker 12: Yeah? I mean to sit here and blow that off and say intensity doesn't ramp up. I think they're full of you know what? And it does. It means a lot more because it's you know, win or go home. It's either you move to the next round and you're the last team. You know, you're one of four teams, or you're getting a trash bag and clearing out your locker room. And so it means a lot, and so the intensity and urgency needs to be up there. But at the same time, we're gonna continue to do what we do best, which is have fun, play our keys, read our keys, and play play football.
Speaker 3: With that being said, how much does patients get tested?
Speaker 8: With last week the unknown? And now are you just waiting and Saturday can't get her soon enough?
Speaker 12: You know, I don't think it's necessarily you know, testing patients because we earned the right to have that week. We were the number one seed and so it wasn't of about patients, but it was just coming in with the right mindset each and every day to get better. And I think we did as a group. I think we got well rested as a group. And I'm excited to get out on the field. I'm sure you guys are excited to report a game. So we're all excited as a group that Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: Played for a defensive legend and Bill Belichier, you played for a defensive legend in New England and Bill Belichick obviously a rising start here in Baltimore and Mike MacDonald. Are there certain similarities to you see in terms of how they approach the game or how they see the game.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they are very intentional and detailed oriented. You know, they come up with great grant game plans and you know they do a really good job. I don't ever want to compare two people because they're their own people. Mike is completely different than Bill, and Bill is completely different than Mike. So Mike's done a really good job with the group we have. I mean we had in the regular season career years at numerous spots as well as defensively, you know, the number one turnover and all the other stuff that doesn't matter anymore because the postseason starts and it's a new chapter and Mike's gonna have us ready to go, and we're excited to execute his plan.
Speaker 15: As that was.
Speaker 8: Kyle van Noy. We also talked with running back Gus Edwards back in here today.
Speaker 1: You're focused on you actually know who your opponent is and you're focused on them.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's football.
Speaker 15: I mean, this is a team that we we kind of expected that we was gonna end up playing anyway, so we have been preparing for them, and in our advantage, we seen them already. So I mean, I know it's a whole year ago, but we seen him already. We got some film to watch and we'll be ready.
Speaker 5: You know, we're ready.
Speaker 15: I love the energy that's in the building right now with the team, with the offense on. Everybody got the great uh great mindset.
Speaker 12: Tell me about that energy.
Speaker 1: What is it that you like about it?
Speaker 15: Everybody locked him on the same page. Know what's at stake, and we all hungry, we all want it back.
Speaker 9: That's what you've been rolling with, Lamarin Kurker, basically your entract entire career. What would it mean for you to kind of see his town dedication.
Speaker 11: Hardware working that way off breakthrough like you guys could get.
Speaker 3: Outside of the well, I will.
Speaker 15: I would love to see it all come together for him. You know, he put up a performance. I know there's a lot of dowters and he just keeps smooving them wrong. Game Saturday's not gonna be a difference.
Speaker 1: That was running back Gus Edwards. You're listening to the Ravens Press Past podcast. If you want more of a rundown of what to expect is the Ravens face off with the Texans, head over to the Lounge podcast feed we break it all down for you. Also, I want to make sure you know that we are hosting a live episode of the Lounge Podcast coming up on Thursday night at high Tops backstage Grill. That's going to be at seven pm. Come out join us for the party. Should be a great time again. That's Thursday at seven pm at high Tops. Thanks for listening to the Press Past podcast. We'll be back with you tomorrow