Speaker 1: The rivalries, the marching bands, the upsets. Saturday's just got way more fun. College football is back. Think you know the game. Put your college football knowledge to the test with Draft Kings Sportsbook and turn your picks into big payouts. From live betting during the game to ribery week odds, boosts, and so much more. Draft Kings sports Books have everything you need to stay in on the action from kickoff to final whistle, whether you're betting your go to team or making moves mid game as momentum shifts. Saturdays are yours to own with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Here's something special for you first timers. New customers. Bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app. Use Coach Shannon That's Coached Shannon for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks in partnership with Draftking Sports Book. The crown is yours. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know me, I'm your favorite off Shannon Sharp and my partner and co host. He's probably still in Dallas, Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame, Artery Matting's ratings, or just the Pro Bowl of the All Pro that's Chad Ocho Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and do us a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. Tell family, friends and loved ones to do likewise. We greatly appreciate your support, Oho and I can't thank you enough. We look forward for your continued support. My Kanyak Laportier has a new drop and this one is very personal to me. I've created a limited edition release to honor my brother for his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It's not just a bottle, it's a tribute. It's a celebration of a legacy. And once they're gone, they're gone. The Hall of Fame edition is officially live. Just head over to la Portier Kanyak dot com to grab yours wild supplies. Last remember, this is a limited edition release. Do not miss your chance to own a piece of history and a very very special moment. Please go follow my media company page on all of its platforms, Shay Shey Media and my Clothing Company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. Oh Joe, all I know is this morning you've been telling people, Hey, man, I was this. I averaged this many points in basketball. I did YadA, YadA YadA. I probably could come up the bench right now for NBA team.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, listen. Let me tell you something, right, check me out. Listen to me, chat, listen to me real quick. I didn't have a chance to practice with my teammates, right. So when the game started, we had Pepe, you know Pepe from Love Island. We had Heavy God obviously Walker Flocker, and we had two other players. So when we started the game, Clad Direction told me, I say, feel the game out and see what it is your teammates need from you. So we started the game out. Goddamn Hesy God who he called for the ice so and so he going, I say, okay, you know what, I see the tempo, I see the kind of game it's gonna be. They don't need me to be a score right, so boom Gilly them score and then we got the ball back. Boom, Pepe got the ball boy Pepe played basketball overseas. I'm like, wait a minute, boy, buddy, get ball. So but we got two scores on the court and it's only three people, right, So I'm like, boom, I'm gonna just play defense. Get the I'm gonna get the rebounds, right, and I'm gona facilitate they. I was like Lebron, you hear me, Lebron In the beginning of a game, I'm letting my teammates get in the rhythm and if they need me, then I come through. But this is a good thing about it. They didn't need me to be a score. They needed me to rebound. So I was in that thing like Rodman. You hear me, I was. I was in that thing like Prime Rodman. So check me out right. I was facilitating. Yeah, I was getting rebound And you know what, the most important stat that we got was but the win, that's what That's what we got. The win.
Speaker 1: I think they might have got that without you.
Speaker 2: Not really, not really, because let me tell you something. Not really is my defensive My defensive presence is one. Listen, I went out the game, man, no point are you listen to me? Listen to me real quick. I went out the game right. We was up twelve. I went out the game by them. Boys came back and I took the lead. They took the lead, so boom, I said, clad put me back in. Man, let me play defense real quick.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I made him turn the ball over three times in a row. I looked at the scoreboard. The game was back tied up again.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I put them clan, I put them clamp down.
Speaker 1: It was a rack. You couldn't get one trying to score. You know what?
Speaker 2: You know what I did tell you. I I took one jump shot and I thought dude was close. I thought dude was a little closer than it really was. And it made me clutch a little bit, and it made me clutch a little bit in there, but he was nowhere near me. He threw me off for a little bit. Outside of that, I ain't take no shots outside of that. That was it. I just want to get out there a.
Speaker 1: I see a lot of I see a triple single.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, what you see in the w cause you you be the main one. Talk about stats don't matter as long as you win. Whoa whoah whah woh you be the main one.
Speaker 1: No, it wouldn't had you not hide yourself up about what you did at Beach High in lot in a liberty that was in ninth that was nineteen ninety one, what's twenty twenty five. I tell you what a chap You can tell a person that that played basketball at any point in time in their life.
Speaker 2: You can tell you also, you see see what you want me to do? You want to This is the same situation we talked about during basketball season, right we talked about Steph Curry. We talked about Inga and Kaminga wanted to be going there and be a scorer and do his thing, but he's not allowed to do that because Steph Curry is the one that gets the ball and takes the shots. I understood the assignment today, and you're telling me to go against the grain and do what my team doesn't need me to do.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying, the chat will agree with me. They will be able to tell. They will be able to tell if I got out there, if we got out there with Anthony Edwards and you say let's play flag football within two or three within two or three seconds, you'll know Anthony Edwards played football at sometime time.
Speaker 2: So you're basing someone. You're basing someone knowing how to play basketball, whether they score a point or not.
Speaker 1: I'm basing it on. I can tell whether or not you played basketball competitively at any point in time in your life.
Speaker 2: I did. I mean what you're trying to say, you're not making no sense.
Speaker 1: I'm saying you weren't very good there, and you probably wasn't very good back then. That's what I'm saying. Ain't no trying to say.
Speaker 2: I said it, Hey, I know one thing. My team got to win. We got to win.
Speaker 1: Ain't hold on Heavy God and the other hold on. Oh Joe, y'all scored fifty one point y'all had three players go all your points. Heavy God had twenty eight, the other guy had seventeen, and walk A Foker had six.
Speaker 2: Okay, So basically with I'm trying to understand, I had all the rebounds, I had all the assists.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying you ain't have all of that?
Speaker 2: Did?
Speaker 1: I was like, I said, well, you know what I said. I know your give me something. So we gonna come back in here. You will tell me like, oh man, I gave I just I gave you something.
Speaker 2: I gave you a win. I gave you seven assists and three rep oh leme.
Speaker 1: But you know what you see what you try to do now? Now if they had asked you to do that in a football game, not catching no passes, but have some big blocks you lost, Why would I do that?
Speaker 2: Would do it?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 1: Whoa talk about time?
Speaker 2: I see you?
Speaker 1: I remember when you wasn't getting the ball doing when you weren't getting the ball, you would lose your mind. You told the chat you lost your mind talking about why we letting them take up? That was get me.
Speaker 2: That was a playoff game against a team that we needed to beat when our quarterback, our number one quarterback went down with the a c L injury.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe y'all need maybe y'all need to run the ball, but you weren't gonna be willing to do.
Speaker 2: You can't run the ball on the Steelers back. Then you need to throw the ball. Wo y'all. Hey, I know I know one thing where y'all trying to talk with my stat line. I locked everything up and we got the win. I know that man.
Speaker 1: Gilly Gilly cook Gillick, Gilly.
Speaker 2: Cook cook me where.
Speaker 1: Cook me? Where? Well?
Speaker 2: Gilly ain't scoring me while you're tripping.
Speaker 1: Look at Gille that Gilly just had one right now and you fell down like the man hit.
Speaker 2: He got me good, He got me good. He got me good with that one.
Speaker 1: That that that was?
Speaker 2: That was That must have been a vet move or something they learned in Philly.
Speaker 1: Boy. That must like I just know I said, you know what I said, I know my dog is gonna let us down, because that was That's what I wanted to say. I should have said, Oh Joe, do not let night Cap family down the game?
Speaker 2: What is y'all talk about? Are y'all missing the plot? Y'all missing the plot?
Speaker 1: We worry about the plot is when you go I'm missing the plot? Is you say, chat, you see how accepting he is of a win. He's accepting of something now he would have never been okay with when he plays.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: That's all the point.
Speaker 2: I'm confused.
Speaker 1: The confusion part is you would not have been okay if y'all won the game and you had.
Speaker 2: Had you do it. You're not doing come. You're not doing the Law's work right now. You're not doing the lords work right now. Now. You act like Lucifer. You can't.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I had many games or understood I'm not getting the ball because some games I went into and I knew, you know it, it's going to be a long day, so I better get ready to block. And I was accepting of that because I was allowing my other teammates to do their thing. And that's what I did. To dang it. I ain't count the Reavers games I played eleven years. I got stopped one time, one time. Whooped you do res? He did everybody like that.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it. I don't know everybody, everybody my co host. I got one co host.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, now only do you have one coast. You had the greatest, the greatest, the greatest coast of all time, the greatest entertain of all time, the greatest trash talk of all time. And I went out there. I did my job on what my team, which I just want.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to do.
Speaker 2: We are angry. You didn't need me to score a point. We got two ball dominant handlers on the court. That's not what we needed me to do. Okay, that's it, and we got the w. Gilly was a three time m v P. That's what he was.
Speaker 1: Gilly wasn't on your team. Why you're worried about it.
Speaker 2: It was a three time m VP and he all of a sudden he gets locked up and he doesn't win it, and he losing.
Speaker 1: How many points did Gilly have? Ocho zero? Ocho Brico, Chad Brick Johnson.
Speaker 2: I know what thing? We got that W? We got that W?
Speaker 1: Hey agent zero?
Speaker 2: Hey a Gil?
Speaker 1: Can we can we borro then for tonight?
Speaker 2: Oh? Agent zero ojo agent zero? What everyone to call it? They all went home with a L. I don't care how many points they score. They can hold that L.
Speaker 1: That L.
Speaker 2: That L stand for losers.
Speaker 1: I think with them long arms like a prayer man, you got it, like.
Speaker 2: Hey, them long arms were playing defense, grabbing him rebounds. Hey, I've told you it is robbing in his prime.
Speaker 1: So so who won the m V p Hensy God?
Speaker 2: Probably he probably did? He probably did. I ain't stay for that. I went to go take a shower and go smoke. Yeah, hey, hey, hold on you for.
Speaker 1: What you gave him. You could have been smoking on this, not.
Speaker 2: Really because we would have lost because when I went the game, didn't I tell you? They came back and they took the lead. Hey, hey, let me tell you something it's one thing we talked about basketball.
Speaker 1: Huh, how how gillna have more rebounds than you did? Oh?
Speaker 2: Because they missing all their damn shots?
Speaker 1: Well, why you waiting in the game?
Speaker 2: Then that that should tell you something.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I had to come out. I had to let the other people play.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? You have let me ask you a question. Did Hensy God come out? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, he ain't come out the whole game. He gotta let other people play. Hensey God was our Steph Curry. Hensy God was our lebron.
Speaker 1: Hensy God was come out the game, y'all, didy have tibada as y'all.
Speaker 2: Coach now Clyde grinded up to the gear. We want letting them Hey, we wanted to let them boy win back. Hey, that's that's glem for fun. I went. I got a question, though you would know better than me. I'm new to the basketball, the basketball space in general, watching old ly ship, watching them boys that's in the Big Three, right. He's explained to me. Why what I'm watching on the court to night from the players that are that are playing in the semi final going to the finals, How in the f are they not in the NBA. Help me understand, Glynn Rice Jr. What I saw from Beasley. Let me take my glass off. Lance Stevenson and I sold one on one. Please explain to me how these people are not in the NBA.
Speaker 1: Does that tell Does that tell you how good the guys in the NBA actually are? Now?
Speaker 2: Paul Mill said, Man, Paul Mills, Okay, I'm telling you what it looks like. I'm telling you with my eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, going against you saw the NBA game, You've been courtsided. Do you see how good those guys are. Those guys are really really good. The guy is sitting at the end of the bitch, the guy that everybody call me, he'll scrum, he'll bum, He don't even get the game. He'll wax everybody and everybody's lifetime fitness and Planet Hollywood, planet Fitness, wherever the Cordials, he'll wax everybody. That's how good.
Speaker 2: And I think that's the problem. That's the problem. I haven't been in an environment enough.
Speaker 1: I went to one.
Speaker 2: I went to one NBA game when when the Sixers uh and b the seventy point game. That's my only game I went to whatever year that was. And this is my first time being in that environment. Again, like man, but you've been around pro sports.
Speaker 1: You know the guy even the fifth wide receiver, the guy that's on the privy right. It's good. It's really really good. And when they say man, man, he was the liqu in high school. He was All American, he was all Stayed, he was Gatorade Player of the Year. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One more thing. It's politics home, It's politics because some of them dudes is good enough based on what I saw, to still be on the NBA team and contribute to somebody. And I come on it, Oh.
Speaker 1: Jo, you talked about a three on three, Now you talk about a five on five in the open court.
Speaker 2: You do realize these dudes already played in the NBA.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You played in the NFL. There are a lot of people that play in the NFL that don't mean they can go back and play again.
Speaker 2: That's why I said the word.
Speaker 1: That's why what what do you? And I always talk about It's easier to get in and stay in than it is to get in, get out and try to get back. That's why once you get in, you stay. What's your mom and your grandma you can tell you, but stay your ass in or out the house. But you ain't keep right.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay, but again as.
Speaker 1: Once you get in, stay in and then when it's is over, it's over now. Uh Look, I remember Beasley when he came out. Uh he was the number two pick, if I'm not mistaken behind.
Speaker 2: Rose Buddy was nasty to night on geez us.
Speaker 1: But you know, but you know what, Joe, when you you go back, we all have have made mistakes and like man, if I had it to do, and sometimes sometimes some people do get you overs and some people.
Speaker 2: He's a walking bucket. That's all I can say. He's a walking bucket. Now now I understand what all the talking that he does, and you know, wanting to play Joe and Joe is a walking bucket too, but being able to see it in person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, y'all don't really. I mean, if you never saw Joe playing, I've seen Joe play. I've seen Joe play playoff games. I used to go to that Dars game. No Joe, No Joe's the seven times I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: I have I've never had I've never had the privilege of watching Joe playing person. So obviously when he joined us and get a better understanding of Joe. But I have seen all the goddamn highlights.
Speaker 1: I say, what God damn Yoe know them guys. But when you start looking at those those I mean, look, there's levels of this. You start looking at the Steph curve and the Lebron's and the kds and the joy and all those. Man, it's it's levels. It's just like it's level two receivers there. You know, you got tear receiver, then you got man, they got really good. But he ain't right right right quarterbacks, he might be I man, he pretty pretty good.
Speaker 2: But for me, it was a joy to see in person. It was it was a joy to seeing person even though they might not be at the highest level anymore, might not be playing on the biggest stage.
Speaker 1: It's hard to get back in I mean, uhh, I mean how old Beasley. Now Beasley gotta be what thirty four, thirty five? Now he got to be at thirty six?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, hey, that that was a joy though.
Speaker 1: That was a joy. O Jo. The Bears beat the Bills thirty eight nothing. Today is the first time the Bears fans can see what Caleb Williams can do in Ben Johnson's offense. The opening drive, Williams letty On a seventh play, ninety two yard drive, Williams completed five or six ninety seven yards. Thirty six of those yards came on a touchdown pass to Olama Dade is a kiss man. I know it's the preseason, Joe, and I don't want to get to I don't I don't want to. I don't want to get too far front of this. But the Bears was.
Speaker 2: That just getting ready to say that, would get ready to say the same thing. Listen, I know I know what Caleb Williams could do. I've seen, I've seen. I've seen him at USC. I've seen flash of him last year without someone like Ben Johnson at the helm to help him develop, without Ben Johnson's creativity from my off from the standpoint understanding what he can do and help Kayler get to that next level at the quarterback position. I want to talk about that god damn Luther Burdon. That goddamn Luther Burdon woll look good boy, That god damn rookie at receiver, bruh Lose. I've never mestioned you before, but you look good tonight. Obviously in the preseason, people say, oh it's preseason. Don't get too high, don't get too low. Just but you look good. Boy. I've been watching. I've been watching the past two weeks. This week, I mean, it doesn't matter who's throwing the ball. I'm not sure why he's running with the twos and the threes. You know, he what you mean?
Speaker 1: So so so he's gonna play in front of Roman.
Speaker 2: Dude, I mean three receiver sets. I'm I'm assuming it.
Speaker 1: Okay, the kiss is in the slot.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a a. They got some decisions to make over that offensively, because he looked. He looked good.
Speaker 1: Now, maybe when they go five wides, and you saw they read a lot of tight ends set. They had Loveland, they had cocher Man. Now he is a multiple set. He is a he'll run a lot of different sets. He'll go too tight, he'll go through three. Wise, you go five wides, he'll go you know, Emptier put his backs out. But this offense looked really I thought, overall, I thought they played well. I thought the defense got after the Bills. I thought the offense moved the ball. Whether it was Williams Bajet. I guess that's how you say his name. He came in with thirteen or twenty two for one ninety six and a touchdown. I thought Williams were unbelievable to opening drive to go ninety two yards on five and six pension. He had one hundred and seven yards. They had over five hundred yards of offense. And like I said, I don't want to get too far myself, but they look good. But they did look good, and they're gonna be a lot better because they have a guy that has an offensive mind. Because you got a quarterback and you need somebody that's imaginative, that has an imagination to put him in position and say, hey, son, I want you to be you. I'm gonna put you in the best position impossible. The offensive line is good, is much improved. The offensive line is much improved, very much. The Bears look good and chat y'all. Look, I know it's preseason. You sold in the second game of preseason, and I really don't want to like get a speed ticket, but let's just say I'm going forward in the thirty five. I ain't going fifty five sixty, but I'm going I'm I'm I'm a little over the speed limbing. I'm liking what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Now. I'm gonna say this again. I think I said it on either last Night show or maybe I said this sometime last week. The same teams that are always in contention are going to be in contention this year. Chat, I'm going out on the limb. I'm gonna say it before the season even gets here. The two teams that I think are the dark horses to surprise everybody and make a run and having a playoff appearance, the Chicago Bears and the Carolina Panthers. I'm telling you people might people might in the chat, you might last but say, yeah, right whatever whatever I'm telling you, watch and when it happens, don't don't call don't call me. Oltra Damas. I just know, I just I just understand how things are going to play out. I'm excited. I'm excited for the football season. Man, like you don't understand I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's right round the corner. It's right, it's right around the corner. Where uh what September.
Speaker 2: Four, Yeah, Thursday Night Dallas in Dallas and the Eels Dallas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're about three weeks away them. Well, we're two weeks from We're two weeks from Thursday, right, so two weeks from Thursdays.
Speaker 2: What the hell we supposed to do in between that time?
Speaker 1: We'll find something to talk about. We talk about you scored zero points in the Big Three. But listen, that's a whole that's a whole show.
Speaker 2: It is a whole show, bad step. I can see if I scored zero and be lost. But the point of a team game is to win.
Speaker 1: I thought, for first of all, you can't score zero.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can score whatever you want as long as you win.
Speaker 1: You you know, if you scored, that means you put something on the board.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen there there there are so many other aspects to my game outside of just scoring. Because we already had two prolific scores on the court. So what did I do? My defensive presence? Hey, I was, I was like this, I'm they couldn't even they couldn't even get by me. And then I had him messing up. Turn the ball over. You should have saw me. You should have been caught side man.
Speaker 1: Why didn't make turn it?
Speaker 2: He did? Gilly turned over twice? Turn the ball over twice? They're playing defense, and they tried to pick when I squeezed right through the pick like Michael Jackson went right through the pick. No, no, no, no, sir, I got skinny real quick. I got skinny real quick. Now where you going?
Speaker 1: Oh you fall? You follow over the screen?
Speaker 2: I went no, no, I ain't. I ain't. I ain't even bow over it. I wentn't bold right through it. But I got skinny. So it working interesting. Yeah, listen, man, listening. So many other aspects of my game was on point where I didn't even need to be a score. That's how great I am. That's how great I am.
Speaker 1: I think I think in watching the Biers, I think ibra Flus and his system or whomever he had coaching. Kate Williams, this is the best. This is the best we've seen the Bears offense. Look, Chicago scored zero touchdowns on his over the possessions last year. So in seventeen games they had zero touchdowns on over the possession And like I said, I understand this is a preseason game. They had the most drives ending in punts. They were dead lasting total offense. So I look, you can't go nowhere.
Speaker 2: But whoa whoa, whoa. The Bears were dead lasting total offense last year.
Speaker 1: Yes, thirty two.
Speaker 2: I liked him to finish in the top ten. I liked them. I liked them to finish in the top ten with all limb goddamn weapons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got some weapons, all of them. I mean, they had one hundred and they had forty three carries. And the thing is that I like about him that he he'd running in he'll throw it. They had thirty nine pass they had forty three rushing temps. First of all, that's a lot of that's a lot of damn plays, even for a pre season. Let's get that.
Speaker 2: It's the bill. It's the Bill's fault. It's the Bill's fault. Too many goddamn three and outs.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, you bisky, Mike White, mm hmm. Frank gor Jr. Looked good. He had had a fumble, but he got He reminds you of you.
Speaker 2: Gotta have that thing high and tight, especially when that traffic in that traffic coming.
Speaker 1: He ain't saying, you know, he ain't see him coming. He saw the guy from the side that got.
Speaker 2: The peu.
Speaker 1: But but and they're in a tough division. That is a very tough division at the Bears in you got green Bay, you got Detroit, you got Minnesota. So you gotta get better and you don't have you don't have. No.
Speaker 2: One thing you have to get better on is putting up points, because every other everyone, every other team you just named, they're gonna they're putting up points. And I'm not talking about field goals, ei though.
Speaker 1: No, but it's gonna be interested to see what Detroit is without Ben Johnson.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, wait a minute. You got to understand, even without Ben Johnson there, the same players are still there. So I think even with the creativity, regardless if the creativity isn't there, the players are the call they still have players that can go get it. Jameson Wilson, Jameson Williams, Williams, God, I'm talking so fast, So down, O, Joe, so down. Jamo can go get it, aman Ross Brown can go get it. Jamiir you know you know what you get from David Montgomery Jamiir?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because I mean, I think, regardless who's calling the players, the play calling job is that easy because of the elite talent at its disposals to be able to use.
Speaker 1: Well, if it was that easy, So why wasn't Chicago any better than what they were? If all it was about players? Whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 2: There's no Aman Ross Saint Brown over there. There is no.
Speaker 1: We said they look good? Did we not say? Now? What play? What player that we said looked good? That wasn't there last year? You told me it's the players. It doesn't matter who the play caller is, so it shouldn't matter that even Flu was there or whomever to play call.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm speaking pacifically on personnel and skill set.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at Williams. Was he not the quarterback?
Speaker 2: Let's let's please. No, No, you're not. You're not understand what I'm saying. I'm understanding what by positions had the better players, and I mean no disrespected what the Bears have. I'm just saying that.
Speaker 1: It is right. Yes, I give you another example. What happened to the Eagles when they lost both of their coordinators after going to the Super Bowl? They had the same players. Jalen Hurst was there? A J. Brown was there, Devonte Smith was there? What happened the next season? Did they look the same?
Speaker 2: It's not sure, but I'm trying to I'm trying to think when the Eagles went to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: They went to the Super Bowl, they lost, They lost both coordinators, the offensive coordinator and the defensive coordinators the same playoffs with.
Speaker 2: Is that is that the is that the year where the defense couldn't tackle the goddamn can't tackle the soul?
Speaker 1: It didn't matter?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think we we we make it because the Eagles problem was their defense. They weren't tackling no goddamn body.
Speaker 1: And what about the offense?
Speaker 2: To that point, it looked like they was doing no goddamn purpose.
Speaker 1: What about the offense?
Speaker 2: Was that right?
Speaker 1: It was all right?
Speaker 2: It was all right.
Speaker 1: Jalen Hurts had more turnover in the first half of the season than he had the entire season the year before. But you say they looked the same.
Speaker 2: But wait, hold on, hold, whoa whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. You can't you can't blame the offensive wolves on an individual player, on the person calling the God damn, you have to make better.
Speaker 1: I'm asking you. Did their offense look the same as the offense that went to the Super Bowl? Did their defense look the same as the defense that led them to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm asking. But listen, listen, I tell you what. I tell you what. I love the points you're trying to make. But I know the makeup of the Detroit Lions offense that they're still going to look to part regardless of whether Ben Johnson is there or not, because of what they have there offense.
Speaker 1: What about defense? They lost a g two though, ooh, that's nice.
Speaker 2: They still got Brian Branch. They still got Aiden Hutchinson.
Speaker 1: He's back. It's one.
Speaker 2: They got one more dog over there. I'm losing. I'm losing.
Speaker 1: Tearing on.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about carry Joseph? Yes, the safety Kerry Joseph. Hell, he had what ten t eight Terry on Donald, listen along.
Speaker 1: He gotta do, he gotta, he gotta, he gotta keep it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: I think they're gonna be right on both sides of ball.
Speaker 1: I know what.
Speaker 2: Think they're gonna put some points out. They're gonna put some points out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always sometimes you have a like it takes you. Sometimes it takes a team a year to adjust without because Ben has been there so long. I mean he's been there, what what for five years? I mean, that's the that's the only person that Jerry Golf has had in his ear since he's been in Detroit a g. He's been to d C for what three years? So it's gonna looks they're an extremely talented club. They're one of the they're one of the they're one of the favorites along with the Eagles. Uh, the Eagles Detroit, the Packers or the Niners, you know, Tampa.
Speaker 2: Hey, hold on, I got a question. You just said the Niners. You think the nineer is still gonna the same?
Speaker 1: No de Bo brand. They got Robert. They got Robert. They got Robert, solid back deep de bop. De Bo didn't give him anything last year. Ooe, he didn't give me anything.
Speaker 2: He was the de bow from Uh.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. They also get the let's just say they get a healthy Christian McCaffrey back.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's nasty.
Speaker 1: Now, it's gonna be interesting to see how healthy Brandon our Yuk is and how soon because sometimes it's the year after the it's the it's the the following year, not the not the season right after the surgery, it's the year after h So we'll see how soon. But you know they they still got an outstanding offensive line. Uh uh uh, big Trent, Let's see how healthy he is? Can he get back to being Trent Williams Kittle is still a top tight end in the league. Uh party Now, they did lose lose some guys, Drake greenlaw Ward, they lost some guys. Uh fanger, They've they've lost some guys on the defensive side, But Robert solid is back. That defense wasn't the same without Robert Salon, without Robertson?
Speaker 2: Did they ever fix receiver? Juwan Jennings did the ever a contract?
Speaker 1: Now? I haven't heard anything else about it. I haven't heard anything else about it.
Speaker 2: He's nice for the for the work he put in and then stepping up when you going down, and when Deebo was hurt and injured, he made some really good plays and made sure they didn't miss a beat offensively. I hope he wore him before the season starts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of out your kind of like the situation that Cam Hayward is in. Remember they tore Cam Hayward game a two year deal and then you know he played well and said, well, I can't see myself playing on this number because because other guys. He saw other defensive players raises. Sometimes the worst thing you can do is base your worth on what somebody else got.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: I like that. I don't know they used to do it. I don't know if they still did it when when you were there, you remember they used to pass the thing right to shoot around all the receivers. They had all the highest payer because you're receivers. So you saw what everybody else need. You like that, Plus you got all the guys on your own team, plus every receiver. What they're making. Oh, man, man, that thing come out there. Hey, I get that thing. I'll be looking at somebody TV like you make that and you're giving us that man.
Speaker 2: Speaking of teammate, Store told me to tell you hello, O, I see I see old rade.
Speaker 1: What I see? No raid? But he that was he? Hey, that was my road now that guy a beer. Crock was quick to take a trip to beg Yeah. Ray Ray told me tell you hello, man, man, I hate I hain't talked to Crock at a minute. We gotta go back. I got opple. I'm gonna hit him up.
Speaker 2: Stop what are you doing? He's drinking out of my car? Ah damn he I don't even.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm like a ray on what you call him? When the man walk out there? Neked he had yell O, I don't even want it no more. But you are drinking.
Speaker 2: Water? Okay, okay, okay, look at him, look ahead, and he do nothing. Thirsty a twin twin, you're thirsty, twin roll. He just left.
Speaker 1: He got water in the in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: You know, water in the kitchen and water in the cup, two completely different things.
Speaker 1: It's the same water. I promise you look at that, look at him. Yeah, I don't even want this no more. George, Oh why you come up here? I thought you wanted to lay down anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, he's like a miniature lion. Oh man, you know and you know who play tomorrow night? Uh?
Speaker 1: Who the hoover? If you can?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, play the Commanders.
Speaker 1: Oh you saw his foot foots and Arizona last night? Did you? It looked good? Right? It was that right?
Speaker 2: They looked good. That was cool, It was cool.
Speaker 1: It was cool. I want you to go down there and seeing you down to Miami, drink out of every cup on the table.
Speaker 2: Oh, at my place, he come to my place. He's gonna be mad and he's gonna be thirsty as hell. I ain't got no pots, I ain't got no pants, I ain't got no I don't got no cups. I ain't got nothing in there. Like I live, I have a minimal minimal what's the word A minimalist. Yeah, it seemed like that too, that too, see all the unnecessary stuff. I used to used to get nice, big places and start just buying stuff, and it looks so cluttered. So I remember when I think my idea when Kim, when Kim Kardashian was with Kanye, You remember they had that white house where it looked like a museum when you walk in, everything was real spacious, but it was cool and it wasn't all that. It wasn't all cluttered, and it just looked it looked different like a museum. So that was my idea, and that's what I did. I went all white. I ain't got no pots, I ain't got no pants, I ain't got no damn toaster. I ain't got nothing. Yeah, yeah, I ain't got nothing. But it looks really good. And when you walk in, it's like, wow, this looks it looks expensive. You know, yeah, yeah, you know, yeah, it looks it looks lived in, but like, yeah, I keep, I keep. Everything is all white. Of course it looks lived then like my kids come there and I tell him, don't touch nothing, don't nothing. Yeah, no, sun nothing, don't touch my piano. You know, I got a I got a white piano. I've been taking a piano lesson, don't don't touch nothing. Yeah, man, that's may we trying to do the show twin go play with.
Speaker 1: Teddy, all right? Let out the same quarterback competition might go down to the wild. Shook played four drives game, only nine nine yards in the first two. Then he went five or six on his best drive, which ended in a crystal lobby drop leading to a field goal. Spencer Rattler had five drives, one of which ended in a field goal after he threw a forty forty nine yard pass in affairs call on the incompletion of Mason Tempton. Rattler finished eighteen or twenty four one where they touched down at an interception. I thought both of them made some some good throws. I thought Rattler made it on a on a deep seven rodd. Oh show you threw it led basically turn it into a square out the wire receiver.
Speaker 2: Squared it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Nice, nice route. I don't think it's a four gone conclusion. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a four gone conclusion that that Spencer Rattler start.
Speaker 2: You think they can put Shuck in front of him.
Speaker 1: Well he started, I think, if I'm not mistaken, I think he.
Speaker 2: Started today, didn't he Well, they didn't.
Speaker 1: Didn't Shuck start today on Ratlers.
Speaker 2: They did it on purpose. If Shuck did start, they did it on purpose. Okay, we let Spencer Raleigh start the first game.
Speaker 1: Shuck.
Speaker 2: You don't get to go this this game. And we'll compare the two.
Speaker 1: And do we Yeah, we'll see well yeah a yeah.
Speaker 2: See. It's like it's like my grandma used to have a saying, when two things are bad, listen, you gotta go with one of them. You got to pick the lesser of the evil. I guess something something like that. She used to say. All the time, they neither neither of the two have shown any signs where it's like, you know what, he clears Day is the better player. He clear Day is the better quarterback with the ball in his hands, making the better decisions to give us a chance to win week in and week out.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 2: They don't have someone like that, which is why I don't understand. Now mind, I'm not gonna get back to the drafting.
Speaker 1: I think and plus oho, I think of the four teams that's in that division, clearly they have the worst worst quarterback play of any team in that You know, Tampa, I think Tampa has the best quarter.
Speaker 2: The best team, the best team maybe and maybe then.
Speaker 1: Clearly uh And then you know you like Bryce Young Or do you like Michael Pennis Jr. But no matter where you put them to three, three, two, whatever the case may be, those quarterbacks are still better than what they possess in no world. And that's what that's what that's what New Orleans is up against. I mean, that's what you know the Saints are up against is that the play the quarterback and that and they're not going to face very many teams in which they're the opposing team quarterback is worse than theirs because when you look at it, when you look at the landscape of the NFL, you tell me who got worse quarterbacks than what the playoffs in New Orleans? I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know. I don't know. Twitter is very truthful. People on Twitter and Instagrams. They tell the truth. And I simply asked the question not too long ago, sings fans, are you optimistical optimistic about the quarterback situation depending on where they want to go, whether it's no, and they like no.
Speaker 1: No, no, You're not going nowhere. No quarterback trash.
Speaker 2: Fans.
Speaker 1: Look, the hardest thing to do is when you have a great quarterback, is to not be afraid to draft a quarterback. And you see, and you see what happens when you go look at because they take all the reps and the last thing you want to do is take a quarterback high, oh Joe, and take the quarterback off. So teams skate around it and the next thing you know, the guy got he rots on the mind, he leaves. Now what you got? They never got an adequate replacement for Drew. You gotta you gotta say what you want about coach Belichick. But coach Belichick was trying to he was trying to predict, he was trying to get ready for the future. He was trying to have the bridge. Now he started to build a bridge too soon. But look at pay look at pay right, they didn't have a thing. He gets hurt, they go too and fourteen Now perfect thing happened. Perfect guess what Andrew lux coming out? Now, it had been great if luck could have stayed healthy. Well they had, they had skill position players, but they couldn't protect him. And he didn't do a good enough job protecting himself because he took He took some shots he shouldn't have taken. Sometimes you gotta you can protect yourself. You gotta protect yourself. They need to do a better job of giving Hi an offensive line, o Joe, But he needed to do a better job of protecting himself once he got past the offensive line. Slide down, run your butt, you run out of bounds. You can't play hero ball against thee got to break you and so and that's the hard thing because you know, nobody we saw what happened when green Bay took Aaron Rodgers. It ticked off Brent Barr. When green Bay took your love, it ticked off Aaron Rodgers. So you you you, I mean you walking a real real tight rope, Ojoe, Like, yeah, I know I'm gonna make him mad, but I can make him mad and have another ten twelve years of prosperity once he leave, or I can keep him happy, and when he leaves, I'll be in the trash being for.
Speaker 2: Two teams that are struggling in that same in that area right now. The Pittsburgh Steelers did it with Big Ben did the Saints didn't have anyone on. Don't you breeze decided to hang it out.
Speaker 1: Correct, you're right, So that's a fire. That's a fine line that that teams walk and and uh uh, I don't even I don't. I don't even that having to make those tough decisions. Oh Joe. The Texans trade John metsche the third to the Eagles. Texas received Harrison Bryant, a fifth round and a fifth round pick. The Eagles received John Metchi and a sixth round pick. Eagles room now includes A J. Brown, Devonte Smith, who is a teammate of John of the third, Johann Dotson, uh and Johnny Wilson.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's not fair, that's not fair.
Speaker 1: Jay Tuck said, Dog w t f is going, No, why do team just keep him?
Speaker 2: Why would I was getting ready to say the same thing. I was getting ready to say say the same thing. Not only do you add another wire to the receiver room. You still got saved. Pam Barkley. You're coming off the Super Bowl when you got one hell of a goddamn defense. You know, you got to young studs out there, Keon Mitchell and what's what's what's the goodness? Coop with the John boy, he's so he's so nice, he's so listen, Coop de John was so nice and play so well. Last year. They really let Darius Slake go to the goddamn Steelers like he made that big of impression. You know what, we can move on as good as Darius Slave.
Speaker 1: Still is the money. Look at that. But you got a guy, second round pick that's on a rookie contract. Oh you got a guy. You got a guy making fourteen, sixteen, eighteen million dollars and they looking at us like it's not the like with the d line we got. He ain't got a cover along.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good, good good.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, don't you. That's our team process. So I I mean, uh, plus, you know Metchi was I mean the Texans turned in like he was running I think I read he was running like fifth on the depth chart.
Speaker 2: Fifth.
Speaker 1: That's what he said, because you know they had they got Christian Kirk from Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: That Christian Kirk, Christian who's the number two?
Speaker 1: He is? Because you know they got Nico Collins. Tank Dale's not gonna play man.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I like tank Boy, Tank nice boy, you're nice.
Speaker 1: But look, they need they wanted to make sure they're straight at the receive position. The Eagles look Johnny Wilson. I think Johnny Wilson is a rookie. Thank you's rookie. I'm sorry if he's not. But Matchie is a third year guy. He remember he missed his first year. Ohho he was dealing with thanks to the man above that he was able to beat that came back. But aj Davonte, Johann Dawson metchi. How soon can he pick up the system? He'll probably be the fourth wide out. And they had a you know you turned that into get John Mitchell on the sixth round pick Harrison Bryant. It's a second year okay, so we don't. So that's a guy that might not even made the roster. We end up getting a tight end that we need because one of our tight ends got hurt. He's gonna be gone for the season, and we pick up a fifth round pick, a guy that might not even made our roster, so we get a we get a need position and a pick from next year. According to Diana Rassini, the Bengals have been actively engaged in trade discussions surrounding Trey Hendrickson for weeks. According to the teams, they've reached out to Cincinnati only seeking draft capital in return. There all targeting defensive players and a potential deal. Last season, Hendrickson ranked first in sack first and pressure sixth in pressure rates thirty and haven't played second and tackle for losses the last two seasons. Off the field, hendricks a defense with him off the field, Ojoe, your thirty second, pressure rate thirty sets thirty second and success rate thirty second. In passer rating. When he's on the field, your top twelve and pressure rates top twelve and success rate top twelve and passer rating. I don't understand this. This is what I don't understand. You knew you weren't gonna play him. They knew that, Ojo. But what they thought he was gonna do what he did last year? Oh he'll come in. He told you he wasn't just like Chase said, if y'all pull that bull jive y'all did last year, I'm not coming in. He said he wasn't coming Yeah, y'all knew y'all wouldn't say. I don't understand that, Ojo. Why would you not move him before the draft and get somebody get a draft fan listen.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I thought maybe I'm thinking maybe maybe Mike Brown, Katie Troy Duke understanding that Trey Henderson loves not just the team, but loves the game of football, and maybe he would fold at some point and come back. And obviously he's one that understands the business. And you got to hit while the fire is hot. You got to hit why the stove is hot, and this is his time, This is his time to hit based on what he's done, not just last year, but the previous year as well. But then you also look at from their viewpoint, well, hell, you had seventeen sacks last year, but our defense was horrible still.
Speaker 1: But you paid your quarterback and the offense was phenomenal. S right, this what Trey Ringo said. He said, let's recap the Bengals have a generational Hall of Fame quarterback. They paid their two top targets. Despite all this, they missed the playoffs last season because their defense was terrible. So how do they fix that by listening to trade offers for the best defensive player, unsigned defensive end trade Hendrickson. This is how management fails it's players. Kyle Brandt said, if the Bengals trade trade Hendrickson, it would just be the second time in the modern era that a player has led the NFL's in sack and to be traded the following season. The only other time that happened, Kansas City traded Hall of Famer Jared Allen to Minnesota in two thousand and eight. Allen was first team All Pro three times with the Vikings.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean the reports are saying that they are listening. They're listening to trade on listening to trade offers. So I'm hoping. I'm hoping.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, but you knew you weren't gonna pay him, He would have made it abundantly clear. You got so whatever. Y'all worked behind things. He's like, Okay, he came back. Okay, maybe if I get close there they see me there, Hey, we can engage again. They were unwilling he's not gonna take what you're gonna offer him. Seventeen and a half sacks and back to back years. There are not very many guys that's played since the sack became an official stat in nineteen eighty two has put together seventeen and a half sacks in back to back seasons. He's done that. I just don't know how you think you got, oh Joe, if you couldn't, if you couldn't stop anybody with him, who the hell you stopping without him? We saw last year Chase had the triple Crown, burrow led the league in what passing yard and passing touchdowns? And you missed the playoffs because your defense was atrocious? And what do you do? Clearly, the guy that's leaves years ahead of everybody on your defense, it's not even close. And remember, oh Joe, you you released Pratt?
Speaker 2: Yeah he wanted to deal as well to the Raiders. Oh yeah, okay, chat me listen. Yeah, it's the business. Understand how the business works. I think the Bengal see it is. We were very bad defensive last year with you. Why are we paying you this much money?
Speaker 1: You just got worse?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I mean you never know Shamar Stewart. What will Shamar Stewart be for us this year? He's a rookie. I'm not saying we're counting on a rookie to come in, but if he's good.
Speaker 1: If he does, how many rookies have ever had seventeen sacks?
Speaker 2: Saying I'm not saying he's gonna get seventeen Uh, I'm just saying the way the business works, paying you top dollar, and you're bringing a rookie that's on what who knows a minimal salary, minimal salary and could come in and contribute. He might not get seventeen sacks, but we'll do maybe not a good job of Trey Henderson, but be efficient.
Speaker 1: The most sacks ever by a rookie is Javon Cursed in nineteen ninety nine. He had fourteen and a half.
Speaker 2: And I listen, no dishes. I'm not going to be this respectful.
Speaker 1: I don't no, yeah, I don't know. If you freakd we'll have to, but freak special. I played.
Speaker 2: Here's the real deal. He was a real deal. I'm excited, though, I mean I'm excited. I mean, listen, I don't know what's gonna happen. I don't think whatever does happen, our identity in Cincinnati. Our identity is our offense. And I said it. I said it, and I can say it again. I don't know what we're gonna do defensively, but we have to improve from last year. We don't need you to be the best defense in the world. We don't need need you to be the best. I just need to be wait, let me, let me definished. I just need to be somewhere in the middle of the pack fifteen sixteen, be able to make be able to make stops when it matters most. I don't need you to be number one. I don't really I don't need you to be number two. I don't need you to be three, four or five. I just need to meet us halfway, meet the offense halfway fifteen sixteen seventeen, somewhere around there, we're gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: If you had a pass or ten, if you had a single, if you had a salt gardener, you had a Ramsey, if you had one of those top guys, I can say, okay ojo, you can hold up a little long to get up outher, But y'all don't have that y'all best defensive player hands down, and it wasn't even close. It's Trey Henderson. O.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: You guys scored thirty eight and lose forty one thirty eight. Oh Joe, you guys go thirty five and lose thirty eight thirty five because you couldn't get off the field.
Speaker 2: Okay, not not With that being said.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you gonna improve. I don't know if you've made that big of an improvement defensively, even with Stuart, he would have to be curse Michaeh Aaron Donald lt. You's gonna have to have those kind of seat. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You listen, you've been around again, You've been around the game for a long time. We've seen situations like this happened accur on many other teams. They don't feel he's worth the price tag that he's asking for. They've already paid te they've already played Chase, they played Joe. I mean, I mean, this is just he's the odd man out. He's a odd man out, and now they're listening to trade offers and.
Speaker 1: It's but you know, unless just well maybe if you trade him, well you can't trade it for Michael because you can't pay Michael. I'm trying to say who you can trade? Who can you trade him for? Because if you trade him just for a draft pick, you don't get nothing to help you this year, and you need help.
Speaker 2: This rewind that wind them right back.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: You just got me excited. You just got me excited. I don't know how much money is left over. I don't know anything. They can manipulate the camp and make it happen. Is there any way in this scenario we can get Michael Parsons?
Speaker 1: No, you gonna have three guys making over forty million on your roster.
Speaker 2: Hey, I like that. I like the way that sound. I like the way I just listen.
Speaker 1: You want to trade here? You won't even pay Trey Henderson thirty million, but you're gonna give Michael Parsons forty three for that?
Speaker 2: You can ask your question? Yeah, hold of Trey Henderson?
Speaker 1: Asked? Asked?
Speaker 2: Hold of trade?
Speaker 1: I was trade thirty two thirty?
Speaker 2: Hold is Michael Parsons twenty five?
Speaker 1: He came out early, so he might be twenty six?
Speaker 2: Ask me that question again. Would they pay him forty three?
Speaker 1: No? They wouldn't, they would.
Speaker 2: I can ask, right, now I can call I can call personnel right now on the phone.
Speaker 1: And they're not paying. They're not there. First of all, they're not paying a fifty five million dollar quarterback, a forty three forty five million dollar defensive player, a forty one million dollar wide receiver, and a thirty million dollar wide receiver. They're not having that. They're not paying that. Hold on, I was you know what they just oht yo, y'all just started spending money two years ago with borrow. Think about all the great players that you guys have had that have left.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm gonna I'm gonna call somebody upstairs. It's hypothetical. I want to I'm gonna see what they say. Damn, I like that. That's that's crazy.
Speaker 1: DJ Hill, Chris Jenkins. I don't know, yo, Damn, y'all might be with y'all might be in the same situation.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. Hey, I have a question. Would it be rude if I called Zach and asked that? That's rude? Huh?
Speaker 1: You ask whatever you want to ask him.
Speaker 2: That's not that's not offensive, right, It's just just a regular question, regular question for what that Zach Taylor. If I if I if I if, I if I call him?
Speaker 1: Ask?
Speaker 2: Is that rude?
Speaker 1: You can ask whatever you want to oyo, we'll sit right here and watch. Wait. I don't know if the Chad believe you call it him? But oh sure, well yeah, I'm texting. Look can you see that? Un I said, I said, coach, are you up?
Speaker 2: I want to make sure yup? I don't want to call. It's twelve o'clock. They play tomorrow, so I don't know. It's twelve nineteen. They playing in d C. What what's what's what's the time difference in DC?
Speaker 1: Dallas is on Central time, DC is on Eastern time.
Speaker 2: So, oh, it's twelve nineteen. I call EB. You know EB?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: No, every ball no, but every ball played with with the bangles when you was playing with well, David, I think, yeah, but David Vulture yeah dB no no wait running I think everybody might have been running back. I think you probably know, you probably know when you see him, even he's been over there since since I was there, before I got there. Yeah, everybody, yeah, yeah, part of player I forgot. I don't know how to pronounce.
Speaker 1: The what are community like? Community relations?
Speaker 2: Guys? Yeah, I think his his Oh here to play a person in the probably it might be some probably something like that, something like that, something like that, but