Speaker 1: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You don't know if you don't lie about that, right, Lauri came, Hey, y'all, what's up.
Speaker 1: It's Lauren Rosa and this is the Latest with Lauren de Rosa. This is your daily dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news exclusives, because we get into the exclusive things and all the conversations that shake the room. Now, we got we got a lot in the Latest Today, so we're gonna get right on into it.
Speaker 2: So in the Latest Today.
Speaker 1: The last I talked to you guys, we talked about Wendy Williams, and people are always I'm shoot, when we did this story at the Breakfast Club, when Wendy Williams came on and she talked about, you know, her conservativeship battle and everything that was happening there, it's like, ever since that day, people always ask me, how is Wendy Williams doing?
Speaker 2: What's up with our girls? What's happened our girl?
Speaker 1: What's happening all the things I told you guys on a previous episode.
Speaker 2: Make sure you guys gonna check out that episode that I've.
Speaker 1: Been told by the legal team in the A and HE lawsuit against Wendy Williams. But this is the this is the attorney that is representing the guardian that Wendy Williams had begun some of the testing, some of the cognitive testing to free her of her guardianship.
Speaker 2: But things are, you know, moving, but they're they're taking their time.
Speaker 1: But you know, there's been times with the guardianship and you know, the people involved in US side have come out and said things and Wendy Williams have been like completely not true.
Speaker 2: But that is what I was told from the attorneys there.
Speaker 1: I did reach out to Wendy's attorney to get anything on what I was told, and they did not.
Speaker 2: Respond to me. I reached out to Joe Tacopina to be exact.
Speaker 1: Now, Joe Tecopina is not representing Wendy Williams in that any suit at all, because Wendy is technically represented by the same attorney for the conservativeship because the conservator filed.
Speaker 2: On Wendy Williams behalf.
Speaker 1: But he is working closely with her just as a personal attorney, and it seems like almost like a consultant, helping her navigate through attorneys and steps and processes that should it should not be happy and while trying to get her free from this guardianship in New York, now TMZ caught Wendy Williams out in New York, still celebrating her birthday, but this time she was out with Joe Techapina. She was out and we talked about this. I'm like, man, is it really a happy birthday? Because she still wakes up in that room where she can't even receive phone calls. She has to call out. But Whitney did actually end up going out for her birthday. She went out for dinner and it had been established. I told you guys, the guardianship said, look, her family can come and see her. She was out to dinner with her attorneys and her niece Alex. Finney shot out to Alex, who's been by Wendy side throughout this whole thing, loves her aunt. But they caught Wendy out with Joe Techapoina and talked about the conservativeship and just kind of update.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 3: What's next is hopefully justice. I mean, it's been so long and I'm not a guardianship attorney. I'm when this personal attorney but this process is really despicably slow because she's in a facility.
Speaker 2: I'm when this.
Speaker 3: Wendy, this is We've had conversations yeah over of course for six months. She's the saying Wendy Williams that you know from PVA. Yeah right, and so person who is control of her faculties and is a great human being. And it sickens me. Honestly. This is not even about a case for me. It's about a cause. And I'm gonna do everything.
Speaker 2: I just had a birthday and I'm still in guardianship. If that doesn't say enough, I don't know what does.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I have a question.
Speaker 1: How many other people have reached out to you asking for your help?
Speaker 2: Have you gotten phone calls?
Speaker 3: Some people? Oh so many? Right now might focus to some Mondy and I'm happy to get her through this, right, I'll deal with that later. But I will tell you this, it is scary, this guardianship process. Once you get in the vortext of the guardianship proceeding, it's hard to get out.
Speaker 1: Yo joll tag of Peanut talking about he get calls and support of her. Let me tell you all the people will want they will run you down about it. Wendy Williams okay, and can we say in the videos photos from her birthday dinners and this video here that's on TMZ's website, Wendy looks amazing. Okay, she's keeping up with conversation. She's very like fluid in conversation. She because I won't I remember when we did we're doing the interviews with her. Her guardianship tried to say that basically she was like almost coached, like there was basically like a script that Wendy was sticking to and that's the only reason why she'd been able to speak out. I'm watching this video right here, Wendy is just there, chilling, tracking conversation and jumping in as she needs to. She looks good, she sounds good. What are we talking about here now? Wendy talking about getting back to work.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that.
Speaker 1: Looks like for Wendy in twenty twenty five. I'm thinking definitely, like you know, podcasts. I don't know if it could be something daily, just because I feel like that grind might be a bit much for her.
Speaker 2: Now. You know, she's still you know.
Speaker 1: An older woman dealing and you know all the things with graves to disease, but definitely something from her home where she's comfortable and she can just kind of go through her things and talk as she talks, being do the Wendy Williams thing that she does. I do think that the world is missing her, though, I think when you are able also too. Wait, let me just say this. I also don't know when we talk about Wendy Williams getting back to work, what Wendy Williams's voice is now, because me and Charlemagne went to dinner with Wendy Williams and her niece Alex Finnie, and when we were there, we were having a conversation and she she randomly came out to us and said she felt like she was going through everything she was going through because of the way that she had talked about people and dealt with people throughout her career. She felt like this was her karma. She felt like she was being made to sit down and experience these things so that her empathy for people in the situations that they find themselves in will be different.
Speaker 2: Because y'all know Wendy Williams.
Speaker 1: I Wndy Williams was cutthroat, okay, cut down, all right, And I think her just delivering the news and telling the stories and the things that she has so much connections to, so many things that are topical right now, right like you know, Diddy, and there's so much nostalgia that is coming back around because you know, people were having an answer to certain things or you know, just things of that nature. I think there's definitely space there. But it didn't seem like at that dinner Wendy Williams wanted to be the same cut through, drag you for filth, don't care about nothing near you nor your mother. Okay, it didn't seem like that. It's who she wanted to return back to work being. She actually said it like her niece was saying, you know, you know, I think the difference is you've experienced life. And Wendy thought about it in a bit and she said, yeah, you know, I just think things are different now. She said, if I get a chance to do it all again, I'm gonna do it a little bit different. So I don't know what that looks like. What does Wendy Williams with a bit of empathy look like. I think she's still gonna be very honest. I think it's still gonna be like, oh, shoot, did she just say that? But I do think that there was a part of Wendy's audience that tuned in for the reading to filth the taken down through the mincing of her or non mincing of her words, and it don't seem like that's what she about to be given. So that's you know what I mean, That's something to think about. But yes, there's still very much interest there, which of course speaks to the work into her career as far as a lawsuit. The only thing that I would say, and I would have followed up shout out to Celia from TMZ that's who conducted this interview. The only thing that I would have followed up with question wise for Jio tech Opina is it's like, okay, when Wendy is free of this conservativeship, it is clear.
Speaker 2: And Wendy has said she.
Speaker 1: Signed into this conservativeship back in May of twenty twenty two, so it's been some years now that this has been going on, because she knew that she did need some guardrails and she did need some help of some sorts when it came to like business and organizing her life and things of that nature. If those things are still needed today. And a judge deems that and releases her from certain constraints on the conservativeship, but does it fully release her?
Speaker 2: Are you able to then still file suit?
Speaker 1: Because it's like even though Sabrina Morrissey, right, like Sabrina Morrisey, we move along, you know, hypothetically speaking, is not Wendy Williams conservator anymore, right, But there are still things in place that need to stay in place as deemed by a judge hypothetically speaking.
Speaker 2: And we don't know if this is going to happen yet.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking I'm just being Devil's advocate, right, But if this does happen, how does Wendy Williams legal team then come and say we are suing you because ABC and D were set into place when a judge is deemed that it was needed now whether it was supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Extreme, as extreme as it was or not.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's where they lean in lawsuit wise, you know, and they talk about, you know, the stress and anxiety and loneliness and and all these things healthwise, that that feeling of having to go through what Wendy is alleging, these extreme circumstances being in this conservativeship and living in the facility in when she lives is a conversation. But if a judge is saying, well, no, you know, it wasn't that she was mistreated or neglected.
Speaker 2: She needed the help.
Speaker 1: We're just now willing to back up the restraints or constraints a bit because she's so and proving she's showing that she doesn't need now what she needed then, because he has also openly talked about dealing with the alcohol abuse and different things, which is a lot of what you know, the conservatorship is arguing calls the restraints that she has. If you guys remember they talked about, you know, why Wendy Williams ended up on the floor that she's on, which is like a no memory floor. You can't open doors yourself, You can't you know, receive calls in you got to call out.
Speaker 2: They allege that Wendy Williams went to.
Speaker 1: The rooftop restaurant in the facility on or around her birthday and got drunk, knowing that you know, she wasn't supposed to be having alcohol. This is what they allege and because of that, they put her in a situation where her actions could be monitored more tightly. So I'm just wondering what Joe Takapina's argument is in between all of these things, because yes, these things happen, but does a person then it is it fair for a person then to be placed in a position where they're made to feel like the prisoner And maybe that is it? Not for sure, but we'll have to wait see because they said the lawsuit is coming. They said it's coming, but I think first she has to get out of the conservativeship thing. We gotta figure that out. And I have not yet gotten an update anymore in anywhere I've yet. I've yet to get an additional update from Wendy side of things or anywhere. So I'll keep you guys supposed to if something comes up, But as of now, this is all we got. Our girl got out the house on her birthday. She was able to go out, eat fellowship with family, smile lass, she looked amazing while doing it. But at the end of the day, she still returns back to that room.
Speaker 2: And that is that. That's the issue. Now.
Speaker 1: At other show news, as we take a swing on into some other things, y'all, South Park is going to be releasing ten new episodes a year. I am not the biggest South Park fan, but I know people are super excited about this because they have a one point five billion dollars streaming deal that they are almost to the finish line with and this deal. A part of this deal means that they have to drop ten new episodes per year. So according to reports, according to the La Times, Paramount has reached an agreement to buy the global streaming rights for South Park. Now, this deal would bring the show to Paramount Plus for the first time in the US ever.
Speaker 2: And this has all been put on sources.
Speaker 1: They could have revealed who they talked to in this article because they said the deal still going through, but there were three sources that the LA Time said that they spoke to to confirm this information. So it's a production company called Park County Production, and this company is owned by Trey Parker and Metstone, who are the owners of South Park, and that is who made the deal. Now, this deal is a five year deal and it totals to one point five billion dollars. That's three hundred million dollars a year to stream South Park on Paramount. Oh my god, creators, father, I have seen what you've done for others.
Speaker 2: I am a creator.
Speaker 1: I can figure this out, I can write, I could do all the things. Dear Lord, I've seen what you've done for others, Please bless me.
Speaker 2: Three hundred million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: It's a five year deal, So one point five million dollars just on streaming alone, because I'm sure there's gonna be other licensing situations that come come come into play because people walk around with south Park t shirts. People want to license this outside of where it's currently living. It was living on HBO Max for some time, but that deal ended back in June.
Speaker 2: But this is just like I'm sorry, and I know this is a TV.
Speaker 1: Showing, not a movie, but people always have the conversations about whether movie theaters are back or like traditional forms of digesting content or back, so like actual cable television and you know, movie theaters. And if I'm a creator and I'm seeing deals like this, but you gotta have the quality work right, like you got to have a product right. But if you got that, and I'm seeing deals like this, one point five billion dollars, three hundred million dollars a year. And don't get me wrong, south Park has been out for decades. They have built an audience, they have built a brand that people love, and there's a lot to it. It's not just like you roll over write something and boom one point five billion dollars. But if I'm a creator and I'm saying this, and I am a creator and it's inspiring to see, I'm not really tripping off a traditional nothing coming back or not. Like these deals are not happening because the audience isn't there anymore. The advertisers are barely there because everybody on streaming. It's just crazy how everything has like reverted, Like even the shows that we used to love, like on television, we're celebrating them coming over to streaming. It's happened a while ago, but I remember being so excited when Girlfriends came to Netflix, and I've literally watched.
Speaker 2: It in full all of the seasons so many times.
Speaker 1: Same thing with Sex and the City, same thing with Eastern Rays Insecure when it came to Netflix, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, God, yes, you heard my call.
Speaker 1: But if I'm a creator, and I say that because y'all are probably like, well, dug, you know what I mean, because most creators are going to lean into streaming. But you would be so surprised, like you'd be so surprised. How many creators have issues with streaming because they feel like the barrier entry is a lot lower and a lot easier, and it's just so much content out there. It's harder to really throw spotlight or focus on content that should be highlighted.
Speaker 2: But if I'm a creator, I'm not worried.
Speaker 1: About that because if you get something good and you break through to the point where you got the audience in a Choco Baby listen one point five billion dollars.
Speaker 2: I'm going where they're streaming, period. And that's that is, and that is all now.
Speaker 1: Last up in the latest congratulations to Pete Davidson talking about creators and streaming and television. Pet Davison is all over the place and his newest job though, he is going to be a dad. So it was announced it was about a week ago. By the week ago, we found out that Pete Davison was going to be a dad. But he recently spoke out finally on the news that he is going to be a dad, and he is super excited.
Speaker 2: He says that he is look he says that he's looking.
Speaker 1: He spoke to E News He was at the New York premiere of the Home on July twenty second, and he spoke to E News and he said he's very very lucky, and he's very very happy. He's expecting his baby with his girlfriend, Elsie Hewitt, and he says that he's looking forward to being able to take care of something and show it the childhood that he did not have. He says, I assume you just try to give them what you didn't have and what you didn't like.
Speaker 2: Not to do it now.
Speaker 1: Y' also says because he talked about, like, you know, all the great advice he got from friends like Adam Sandler Colin Jost, and he says that everybody has been super excited for him because they know that it's been his dream to be a dad. He says that they've all just been like, you're going to be great at this. It's the best you'll ever do in your life. That's the advice that Adam Sandler gave him. And he says that it's been really nice that you know that everybody's super excited and everybody's super happy for him.
Speaker 2: He says, when we do anything, you want everyone.
Speaker 1: To be excited, especially if you have a child, and that is the feeling that he is feeling. So congratulations to him. I'm happy for him. I remember when Pete Davison decided that he was going to step away and not return back to SNL, and he was dating Kim Kardashian at the time, and there were photos of him all on the golf carts with Kim Kardashian's kids, and there was back and forth with Kanye, and Kanye was mad at.
Speaker 2: His penis size, and just all these things were going on. People were really trying to have.
Speaker 1: A conversation about, like what Pete Davison's life would be like because he was leaving us in L and he was dating Kim and then that stopped, and him and Ariana Grande didn't work out, and like all of these things right, And for some reason, I feel like people love to fixate themselves on the negative or the unfinished or what didn't work with Pete Davison. And I don't know if it's because he's very self deprecating himself in his comedy in the way that he goes about comedy, but he's also been very very vocal just about like his mental health struggles, and you know his struggles when it comes to partners and relationship and all these things. So I don't know if that's where, like you know, that cloud of conversation over him comes from. But I love seeing happy and positive news when it comes to him because oftentimes, like I feel like, the last report I saw before this was something about him entering into a rehab facility.
Speaker 2: It was like toward the end of last year.
Speaker 1: I believe I saw those reports in let me double check, Yeah, October twenty four, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Because other than that, it's been low. It's kind of been like who he's dating and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But Pete Davison had checked himself into a rehab facility a few months prior to October, so it was in the It was earlier in the year of twenty twenty four, and then he popped out in LA in October and people were just happy to see him out. He was out with MGK, just having a good time. It was months prior to that. It wasn't a rehab facility. I'm sorry, I want to correct myself. It was a mental health treatment facility that he had checked hisself into. And he's also been vocal about that like knowing when he needs help and knowing when he wants to check in to things and check on things, and doing that for himself and so that he can be a good partner to you know, the people that he chooses to date, and just the people in his life as well. And I don't know, I'm just I'm always happy to hear good news about Pete Davison, whether you think he's funny or not, whether you think he has the biggest penis in the world or not. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please look it up. I'm just always happy to hear good news with him. I think that he's young, I think he's very successful, rightfully so, and I think he has a lot of life to live and a lot to put out into the world. So to hear him doing well always a plus for me. So, Pete Davison here at the last with Laura n Rosa. We're excited for you, We're happy. Congratulations on your first child. Guys, congratulations on your first child. We know we're gonna be all up in your business when the baby comes, so please keep us updated. At the end of the day, there's always so much to talk about and I tell you, guys every episode.
Speaker 2: You could be.
Speaker 1: Anywhere with anybody talking about it, but you choose to be right here with me, my Lowriders.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you guys so much.
Speaker 1: I will see you guys in my next episode.