Speaker 1: Welcome to Can't Flee Reckless, the production of iHeart Radio and the Black Effects, And just like that, we on the air. We're back with yet another carefully reckless episode with your girl Jess.
Speaker 2: Hilarious.
Speaker 1: And what I'll be doing, I'll be fixing mess or at least I'll be trying. We here with my girls tailor. Y'all say hey to Tay, Tay, say hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: You're anyway? Excuse me?
Speaker 1: Gruh anyway, So look, the last episode, Taylor was trying to tell me about this movie that was that star Lourel, Tiffany Hattish, comedian Eric Andre and I was telling her I did not see the movie. So I don't know why she keeps talking about it whatever, not why she keep talking about it, but she keep telling me, oh, you've seen it, you've seen it, and it's like, no, I didn't. But when she pulled up the trailer, I'm like, yes, I did, I've seen. I haven't seen the full movie. I've seen clips of it circulating online, but it's kind of like a jackass movie, like Bad Grandpa movie, because it involves real people who don't even know that they're filming the movie and That's why I thought it was like skits being shot because I've seen a few of them, a few of the skits with Eric Andre and also Tiffany Hadis. I didn't know that it was a movie and little rel was in it, So y'all need to watch it. That's actually a good watch.
Speaker 2: No, I bet it's funny, but that's something that you got to smoke and watch.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wouldn't love to get high watched that ship is great to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you haven't seen Bad Grandpa because IVE seen this same from the makers?
Speaker 4: Are better?
Speaker 2: That movie funny?
Speaker 4: Is I wanted to make more movies like I.
Speaker 2: Know that movie is like that timeless. Yeah, I love it. And then the Ja. You haven't seen any of the Jackass movies.
Speaker 3: They funny too, Yeah, but I feel like the Jackass is more.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like they did the Princeville Public.
Speaker 1: In the Public No, No, yeah, that is. Do you know the show and Practical Jokers with the Four Guys. I think that's on Comedy Central or something like that. It's four guys and they prank. They go around the world, just prank the It's four friends and they prank motherfuckers all day.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious, hilarious for white dudes.
Speaker 3: And their friends and they just prank motherfuckers all day. That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: But I reference that show because that show puts you in the mind of that movie band Trip. Okay, but I mean before we jump into the mask. The funniest movie, Top three funniest movies in my opinion, Bridesmaids, Maids Yo, that movie long as ship, but it's funny.
Speaker 4: When they got diarrhea.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, fnny. I love it.
Speaker 3: The funniest yes, cool, It's not McCarthy is funniest ship. But I wanted to that in my top three Top three probably would be Bad Trip.
Speaker 2: And then all right, come.
Speaker 4: On for real that I got.
Speaker 3: Up like this.
Speaker 2: It don't take much to make you crack up. Okay, Yeah, so what's the second? I feel like you just always love to laugh anyway.
Speaker 4: I don't know y'all think about.
Speaker 2: I don't lie.
Speaker 1: This is the most that you haven't laughed, though that's because you're pregnant. You know, this is the most you have not laughed. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I'll be coming to hear y'all like, Haye, say, let's she be like hey, what's up. I'm ah.
Speaker 1: Usually she had the life of the motherfucking party, because we coming this bitch at five something in the morning to be on air from six to nine, and her ass usually.
Speaker 2: Be hey, guys, like y'all you know. Then she was like, it's not all right, that's right, you're right.
Speaker 1: That's how you talk, but that's how you act.
Speaker 4: I think wedding crashes is funny in this sense too.
Speaker 2: See, I never really got into wedding crazures. I think Vince.
Speaker 4: Vaughn could be stupid.
Speaker 2: Vis Vaughan funny as fuck?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about white movies?
Speaker 2: Excuse me? I think we're just talking about like movies all in general.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think Friday will forever be in the top five.
Speaker 4: And then the interview is funny to me too.
Speaker 2: I've never seen an interview really like what about me too? Because what about step Brothers forty version? Like Nigga?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: I didn't like that everybody was hype over. Yeah, everybody was hype over that. I didn't really like Pineapple.
Speaker 4: Express, and that was that.
Speaker 2: I did not think that. And I love everybody, and I love Seth Rogan, I love.
Speaker 4: Even Whish my color was funny to me?
Speaker 2: This is the end? Is that supposed to be funny? Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm thinking about it ends with us. I'm like, nah, that was kind of sad. But no, no, no, no, this is the end. Okay, no, no, this is the end.
Speaker 4: Guys, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't look up the world.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is this came out along twenty thirteen. This doesn't look familiar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks familiar, but I never saw it. Wait wait, wait what is that guy's name?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 1: He was Caesar's dad and Planet other apes? I forget his name. James Frank Yes, Pineapple Express, like that really really really wasn't it could.
Speaker 4: Be funny though not? Trust wasn't that funny to me?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: All of them are funniest ship. It's just that that movie wasn't funny.
Speaker 2: This movie.
Speaker 4: I was high too, I remember I cried at the end.
Speaker 2: Oh man, what he was on SMS? No, I had a Molly?
Speaker 1: You had some fucking crack? What that is super crack? Yeah, but it isn't the drink. Oh yeah, you put cracking drinks Molly's fuck crack. Molly is a form of cocaine and it's like based so It's like, how do I know so much?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, but.
Speaker 4: They put it in like I was drinking. They put it in the I never like just popped one.
Speaker 1: But so what you do, what you typically do is like you rub it on your gums, like in the inside of your mouth so you can get that that's a quicker hoigh. Hell yeah, that's how I know people to take it.
Speaker 2: Girl. Anyway, I don't get me started because I used to be a jockey bunky. Yeah, okay, but I did. But Mom makes me calm.
Speaker 4: I wasn't like hyper. I feel like.
Speaker 2: Molly behad me. I didn't feel like that girl.
Speaker 4: I was very relaxed.
Speaker 2: When you had a perk. What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, you didn't have Molly, because no, Molly, it's like ecstasy.
Speaker 2: It like gets.
Speaker 3: Sure they remember I smoked a crazy blunt and then.
Speaker 2: What's what you mean crazy? What was it like?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was just I it was weed.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, like.
Speaker 2: You're extremely fucking high. It was just a.
Speaker 3: Strong And at the end of the movie, I started tearing up because I'm like, oh, you're to see it though, Oh all.
Speaker 2: Right, so this is the end.
Speaker 1: I have to watch, so is it a comedy that's emotional or so why did you cry?
Speaker 3: Because it could be emotional half seen it like depend depending on how you take it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, everybody when they Houston at the end?
Speaker 1: Oh hell no? Really this before and after she died? When did thee come thirteen?
Speaker 4: When did she die?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hey, sirih, when did Whitney Houston die? Whitney Houston died February eleventh, twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: At ah, Oh yeah she died it year before the movie came out. Almost definitely, Okay, thank you, Sirih, go away.
Speaker 4: But it wasn't like, no, you didn't have to cry doing it because I see it again, It's not.
Speaker 2: No, you most definitely didn't have to cry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it was just like, oh, their friends.
Speaker 1: You had to see it, all right, So I go, I gotta watch it. If you love me, you'll listen to this commercial and then we'll be right back. But you know what, it's a lot of the same. A lot of them niggas do move us together all the time, like Seth and James Franco.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was saying, like the Adam Sandler bunch, like yeah.
Speaker 1: He has some really really good freaking movies like water Boy, by said Adam Sander will always be like one of my favorites by him, Happy Madison was funny.
Speaker 2: As ship, yo. Major Pain is in my top three too, Yes, Major, I like that movie every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that ship is good. And I ain't gonna hold you Paper Soldiers. So my top three Paper Soldiers and Bridesmaids my top three, And if you want to keep on going, okay, you got Number four will be Friday.
Speaker 3: Uh, number five, Money Talks. No, No, Money Talks gotta.
Speaker 1: Be before fucking Bridesmaids. So my top three is Money Talks with Chris Tucker and Charlie Sheen. Uh, what the fuck did I say?
Speaker 4: He don't seen part I don't think it's money Talk.
Speaker 2: Funniest fuck yo.
Speaker 1: All Martin movies was funny and shit too, but Money Talks got it. I can watch that ship on repeat every day. Friday is number four, all right? So number one?
Speaker 2: What the fuck? I had two black movies? What the fuck did I say?
Speaker 1: Major Pain, Money Talks, Major Pains, Soldiers, Paper Soldiers, and Friday all right, and then Bridesmaids can be my number five. Look, but my top four is all black. I fucking love all the movies.
Speaker 4: M I don't know.
Speaker 2: That makes me want to just have a hot day.
Speaker 1: Why just go and watch movies. Me and my fiance love watching movies. Y'all love watching movies. Oh, I got to give you some big news, so after this episode, remind me to tell you.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, good. So I'm about to start this story.
Speaker 1: All right, because we didn't talk. We spent the first time in this talk about movies and shit.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: But we probably gave the listener to some great movies to watch and shit, so this is fine. Yeah, alright, alright, Hey Jess. So I'm a twenty five year old college student. I'm going to school to get my master's in business communications.
Speaker 2: I am currently engaged to my high school sweetheart. Oh.
Speaker 1: I proposed to her six months ago, and she joyfully accepted my proposal. However, paying back school loans and everything is the part I didn't anticipate having to do so quickly. So unfortunately, I won't be able to pay for the wedding that she wants. So I want to push the wedding back a little because she has to get their wedding that she wants. But I don't know how to tell her when I propose to her. I definitely was more financially stable, but life kind of hit me a few months ago, and I am unable to pay this expensive as wedding planner that my wife already hired. Ooh, and not to mention the freaking wedding expenses are driving me nuts. I am super close to taking out a loan, but that wouldn't be really smart right now, especially with what I'm trying to do to further my career. Okay, I got you, I know everything. We'll get better. All I need is one more year. I'm almost done school and then I can start grinding to give her that perfect dream wedding that she always talked about.
Speaker 2: I just don't know how to tell her.
Speaker 1: A part of me doesn't want to disappoint the love of my life, but I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Mmm. I kind of feel for him, very engaged.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: That's what I always always like think about when it comes to like couples, Like I was about to say young couples, but young or old, you know what I mean? Like tying the not like getting married is not about everybody else, It's about you. You know what I'm saying. And I understand she wants a fairy tale wedding. Shit, I want a fairytale wedding and I'm gonna get that. But there is but between my schedule and Chris's schedule and just yo, we can't even agree on a fucking date because I got shows here and there, and then we want to make sure that our family is able to come. And it's so many thoughts about other people when planning a wedding, it's not really all about the bride in the groom because if it's a destination wedding, shit, how many of our family members are going to be upset? Because yea three three of them don't fly right, Two of them don't have you know, seventeen of them don't have passports like.
Speaker 3: The destination wedding And huh what you said? That's why I have but one destination wedding.
Speaker 2: You know I do, a lot of people don't have to come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, girl, me and you think the same motherfucking way, because I'm like, as long as both of my parents and my siblings, you know, and a feel of my cousins are there, I don't give a fuck, you know it of course my friends, but I don't really have many of those, so that's fine. Like me and my friends already travel together, so that's easy. But it's like, that's exactly why I want to do a destination wedding, having to account for so many people and have to when it's already stressful enough for the bride in the groom because we both paying, we're paying for our wedding.
Speaker 2: My dad was like, I'm not paying for that ship. You're just hilarious. I was like, fuck.
Speaker 1: But because it's like the bride's that was traditional, like for the bride dad to pay for it.
Speaker 2: Girl. When I found that show, I was like, shit, let me call my father. My father said, sh like, you ain't who you are. Where did that paying my whole wedding one day?
Speaker 4: Though? Where that tradition comes from?
Speaker 3: I have no idea, Because can't the groom's dad pay for the wedding?
Speaker 1: Why would the why would the Yeah who made that up? Or why can't they all just come together collectively? He had to Yeah, why can't both parents of each bride and groom? Why can't the set of parents for the the bride come together?
Speaker 2: Just I was.
Speaker 3: For marrying my daughter, so I'm gonna pay for the wedding or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like what if that was the dumb ship, what if that was it?
Speaker 1: I wonder if it was in a Bible. Yeah, I wonder if that's it, or maybe they ain't. Girl, You can you imagine how cheap a wedding was back in those times.
Speaker 2: I know the father's probably was like, girl, that's right.
Speaker 1: What happen the whole time beg in the Bible in abiuple days and people was trying to get married. The guy proposed and the wedding was so cheap, the bride's father was like, okad, and that started being the tradition.
Speaker 4: But I guess it's also everything back in the day.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if this is culturally or not if whites did the same thing, because in certain cultures, you know, it's it's not schedule, but set up, wedding, arranged, arranged, running like it's.
Speaker 2: Also grooming the daughter to.
Speaker 3: Be this way, and you're giving her like I don't know, it is kind of weird and it can't be like.
Speaker 4: That nowadays unless you know, you DJ Envy.
Speaker 1: Or Robert, right, But I think he should just sit down and tell her because, like he said, he was financially stable when he proposed to her, but he's not now life hit him marriage too, and exactly, you have to compromise times. Sometimes you have to push things back. Sometimes things are not gonna happen the way you want it to. But yes, y'all are engaged. That is still your partner, that is still your person, and you have to be able to take the highs with the lows and the loads with the highs. And I think because life did happen, he didn't. He didn't expect this, you know what I'm saying. But life those you curves, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, all right, sit down and talk to her. Hold up, Hold up, I know the shit getting good. But listen to just a couple seconds of a commercial. If you love me, you'll listen. And y'all were high school sweethearts, y'all been together for a while.
Speaker 2: You just proposed to her.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, So now you're ready to take your relationship to the next level.
Speaker 2: However, life still be lifeing and she will understand, and she should understand.
Speaker 4: I guess how I'm looking at like you have to ring?
Speaker 2: Yeah, say you're married. Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm just same.
Speaker 1: No, because that's what Jocelyn and Stevie J did, That's what Yandy and Mendieces did.
Speaker 2: That's what everybody know.
Speaker 1: You can't just go around saying that, you right, that's what all the studs do with their bitches.
Speaker 2: You can't do that. You have to really go and consecrate the mind.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying, what was she worried about?
Speaker 3: Like, you want the paperwork really like, because we're not going to change in your relationship.
Speaker 2: No, that's why I say.
Speaker 1: That's why I think he should sit down and he should talk to his fiance and he should say, look, babe, I know you want this fairytale wedding and I want to give it to you. Life hit me three months ago and I'm unable to pay. He said he can't even pay the wedding planner right now, and his wife already hired her. Maybe he was in a financial position where he could do that at one point, but he said student loans and everything. Not to mention, he probabed and he's a man, so he probably didn't open up about everything that he gotta pay with is probably in the other debt.
Speaker 2: He probably has other debt of Claire out too.
Speaker 1: He's probably the breadwinner in the house, so he's paying all the bills in the house probably so and not saying she don't work and she don't contribute, but I'm just saying, you know what I mean, if you take all of that and they don't have kids yet, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, because I felt like they would have said that, but I mean, he would have said that.
Speaker 2: But I respect it. I respect what he's doing.
Speaker 1: At least he's trying to pay off these debts and these you know what I'm saying, because we just.
Speaker 2: He guy finished talking about marital debt. Once I marry you, my dad is your debt.
Speaker 1: So I think this he's doing her a big favor by trying to get out of all his debt before they try that, not officially anyway, but not for nothing. It should just be a simple conversation. Yeah, she may be disappointed, and that's totally natural. That's expected because she wants her wedding. But I think the longer he waits, the worst it'll be. I think he should go down and he should talk to her.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: The only thing he needs is a year. I think that's cool. Yeah, he said, I just need another year. I'm about to be done with school, almost done paying these student loans off.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna grind.
Speaker 1: Right after I finished school, and then I'll be able to give her the wedding that she wants.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's ex but the way he talked to me, he can talk to her like that. He's very respectful. You know.
Speaker 1: He seems like he knows exactly what he wants to do. He has a plan. A man with no plan is worse, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it's not the worst, but it's let's just say, a man with a plan is better than a.
Speaker 2: Man with no plan.
Speaker 1: At least he has a plan. He already knows. He's considering. Yeah, he's considering her feelings. And he he's so afraid to let her down and disappoint her that he's like this big good time about he about to take out the loan, which would not be smart.
Speaker 2: And he even said that too, So don't do that. Don't fucking your credit to get a loan to pay for a wedding. The wedding is one day.
Speaker 3: People, I think people were too much like they worry about what other people will say.
Speaker 1: They worry about topping the best wedding. It's it's about public appearance and validation of whoever's going to be sitting in them seats.
Speaker 3: I wish that I kind of want it, like in a sense, it's small wedding. Okay, oh this is really close friendly.
Speaker 1: I don't want to I don't. I don't want a small wedding, but I want an intimate wedding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 1: When I said I still wanted to be fairy tale like, but I only want maybe about fifty guests, I don't really want. Yeah, because we can still get what we want. It just don't gotta be a whole because that's when all the money come in. At how many guests, how many places? I mean, you know what I'm saying, all of that type shit decorations that you can finess so many You can get all that shit off Amazon, which you can be your own wedding plan if you got time. You know what I'm saying. You can buy everything wholesale. We got Ali Bye Bye, we got fucking team Move. We got so many things that you can just do. You just need the time to do it. Person like me, I don't have the time to do it, so I would have to hire a wedding planner or you know, a team or whatever. But that's where all the money come in at the more people y'all planning to invite to the motherfucking weddings. So I think you should just sit down and talk to her. Not only is she your fiance, it seems like she's your best friend.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. She'll understand it, but I think you the only thing you can do.
Speaker 1: Is just be as transparent with her as you are being with me right now, and then give me an update.
Speaker 2: Let's figure it out. Should I send y'all little song song? You need a little song song? You know?
Speaker 4: My friends to get married?
Speaker 2: I know, right?
Speaker 1: Or would you be the only friend married if you were if you were married tomorrow, would you be the only friend married?
Speaker 4: My best friend she's married? But yeah, after me, you.
Speaker 2: Don't have any friends that are engaged? Nope, some not your friend? Cool and we to the end of another. You're not talking about yourself. I'm so I'm so.
Speaker 4: Totally yes you're engaged.
Speaker 3: But yeah, well yeah, I'm talking about y'all.
Speaker 2: See how I just did that right? I really want right friends?
Speaker 1: No, I said, you don't have any engaged friends? She thought, and I thought, she don't say other than you now she said.
Speaker 4: No the fuck?
Speaker 2: I hate.
Speaker 4: No. But I'm thinking about like my childhood friends.
Speaker 3: I'm so like, yeah, no, like they're in situations sure, but like.
Speaker 2: So are you the first to have a baby? Okay, okay, all right, you.
Speaker 1: Know, but but you will be the first one married because no, well not necessarily it will be oh you they always one another, yeah, okay, but everyone else because it's.
Speaker 4: Like the dad ha.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And when they had that topic full of shipping, pissed. No, for sure, no one wants to.
Speaker 4: No one wants to.
Speaker 3: Everyone's scared to make that next step for whatever reason. But everyone wants to. Everyone wants to love.
Speaker 2: Damaged as a people, yeah we got.
Speaker 1: I've never seen so many polyamorous for all these different fucking labels putting put on everybody, and all they are is just cover up some motherfuckers getting hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm scared scared, so now I'm polyamorous.
Speaker 1: No, nigga, you're just scared to put all your trust in one bitch because you got because a bitch hurt you before, but that's like, don't do that.
Speaker 3: You got over that hurt though, right, so and I get it, like I'm I'm not one to trust easily in a sense either, but like.
Speaker 4: You just get up and like I don't know, you know, And that's.
Speaker 1: That's that's my argument every damn Like yo, just a year ago, Taylor was well almost over a year ago, your ass was not you was like, I'm not trusting niggas.
Speaker 2: I'm not about to be celebrated. I don't, I don't give.
Speaker 3: The thing was out just over the bullshit th with like niggas just saying what like saying what you mean? Absolutely That's why I just lead to this. Your people don't lead with their intentions.
Speaker 1: And yes, like an alterio, motiv or an agenda, like it is weird. It definitely gets weird for sure. But update us, young fella. I I am very proud of you. I just want to say congratulations. You're about to be graduating with your masters, and your engaged with your you know to your beautiful best friend and you know your child's heart. So go talk to her, I mean your high school speart. Go talk to her and then let us know.
Speaker 2: What you come up with.
Speaker 1: And just like that, we've come to the end of yet another Catholic reckless episode, which girl Jess Hilarious and your girl Taylor say by the tailor, y'all and then say by Taylor, Alright, see y'all next week. Peace Can't Fully Reckless is a production of iHeartRadio and The Black Effect. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.