Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody to Bachelor Happy Hour's Golden Hour. Thanks so much for joining us, and Kathy and I are very excited to be back.
Speaker 2: We're always excited to be back. Hear what's going on in each other's lives. Susan is working on her tan in Saint Martin. She wants to see just how dark she can get.
Speaker 3: That's so not true. I have the beach yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me explain to everyone Susan's idea of sunscreen. She gets up in the morning, sprays a little bit of sunscreen on, and then she's at the beach all day.
Speaker 3: That's what Tatty thinks.
Speaker 1: Anyhow, all right, I use fifty for God's sake, and an umbrella. Seriously, well, I just get dark. I have different skin than you. And those out there listening that are Italian or Spanish.
Speaker 4: Oh, you just get dark about the sun.
Speaker 3: They understand.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is walk outside and return anyhow.
Speaker 2: Anyhow, I walk out and I burn, okay, and those who are of Irish whatever. Sorry, Today we're going to answer more of your fan questions. Susan, are going to see how many times we can agree or disagree today. But for us to talk about these questions and answer them. You have to submit them first, So go to Bachelor nation dot com slash Golden Hour and submit all your questions, comments, thoughts, prayers, wishes, all the above.
Speaker 1: And yes, please do that everything she just said. You can also dm us on Instagram at Bachelor Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: All right, we're getting into the episode right now. We're going to start with the question of the day. Here we go, Susan. Have you ever experienced the dynamics of a close relationship change due to external circumstances, for example, a close colleague getting promoted. Were you able to salvage the relationship? Oh, I have a great story on this. Can I go Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I've had friends move on and up and no, I don't think it changed our relationship at all.
Speaker 2: Did you start up at the same with them, Were you at the same level? Yes, and they moved on and you didn't, or you did and they didn't.
Speaker 1: It was in gymnastics way back when, because we competed and somebody moved on and I didn't.
Speaker 2: Oh, but that's young. What about as an as an older person?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, one one jumped out at me when I was I worked at a school. I was their high school placement director and the head of school. I knew from a prior where my kids have gone to school years ago. Anyway, she came to be the head of school at our school and she promoted UH. With these two women, myself and this other woman worked together. We ran the marketing and advertising and communications department.
Speaker 4: Over the summer.
Speaker 2: She promoted the other girl to the to the directorship right and left me out. And I was stunned a because I thought I was equally, if not more capable. Anyway, long story short, I said, one peaship, Oh my god. Yes, but here was the thing she said. I said to her what I couldn't even believe it. She said, you know what, I made a mistake in the moment. She asked me if she could have the job by herself, and I just said yes, and she goes, if I could take it back. You're right, you were the right person for the job. But I would look silly if I turned around and you know, asked her and gave you the job. And I will tell you, our relationship was never the same.
Speaker 3: Becauseause you made it different. Were up to that.
Speaker 2: Well, because she admitted to making the mistake. I was stunned when I came back with somebody. I mean, wouldn't she did that? I was like, no. My feeling was forget the friendship which we had been. I'd helped her do a lot of things at the school because we were friends. But when she promoted the other girl and then literally a week later said I don't I made a mistake, but it would look bad on me if I took it back. Ultimately she had to the other girl couldn't do the job, and I did get the job. But it was like, wow, that's that's You're just worried about your own reputation. So to me, it was never the same that said that. It's so weird that we have that question because I never I never forgot it. And you know, we got along okay, but we weren't friends.
Speaker 3: After that, buddy, buddy, we were not. All right.
Speaker 1: Then, let's get into our fan questions for today. What do you say, Kenny? All right, I'm going to start us off with the first one, and this one is from anonymous.
Speaker 3: Hi, ladies, I need some advice.
Speaker 1: I've been with my boyfriend for two and a half years, and of course everything is great, except for this one thing. Oh boy, I can't stand him when we travel together. I don't know what it is, but he just turns into this incredibly irritating person that I just can't stand. He takes forever to get through the airport, his bag is always overweight, he never takes the middle seat on planes. I don't blame him, and he honestly just annoys me. It all came to a head when we went to Hawaii last month. The trip felt more like work and less like a vacation.
Speaker 3: Is this bad for us?
Speaker 1: He brushes it off like it's no big deal or normal, But I'm starting to think that this isn't a good sign for us. Is this something we can get through? Thanks lady, Well, first and foremost, it's not a good sign for you, Darley for anonymous, Why you say that because he's fine? Either could care less what I would suggest? You help him with the luggage. You get a scale, your weigh up before you go, eliminate the possibilities of the problem.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, I mean that that would help the overweight baggage issue, but I was gonna might you know what came to my mind. Don't travel with him if everything is else it's great, don't travel with him.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, she said his bag is overweight, he never takes the middle seat. Honey, you got to back up a little bit. I wouldn't take the middle seat either.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I think what she's saying is if they I mean, I don't know because I don't know anonymous, but I and actually, Susan, I think you wrote this question.
Speaker 4: This reeks of you of just saying it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: But he just turns into this incredible irritating person that she can't stand. And here are the reasons. I'll say it again. He takes forever to get through the airport.
Speaker 3: What's a big deal.
Speaker 1: The bag is always overweight, you can fix that at home. And he never takes the middle seat. You take the middle seat.
Speaker 2: Then she's bit, No, Susan, you're missing the point. She's always in the point. You got the first two right. She's saying he'll never take the middle seat, which means she's always in the middle seat.
Speaker 4: That's what she's saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you flip a coin each Look, that's what I'm saying. I think bookends and somebody.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say the hell with that. I'd book an aisle on the window. Let the sucker in the middle seat do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't fix.
Speaker 2: But honestly, I think it doesn't bode well for you or badly for you.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: If there's something I don't know, something tells me there's something else going on here.
Speaker 4: But if there isn't, if.
Speaker 3: It's just so annoyed, I know.
Speaker 4: But if it's so, that's why I think there's something else going on.
Speaker 2: But if you're telling me Anonymous that everything else is roses and champagne in your relationship, then one or two things way the bad before you go alternate on the middle seat, work or don't travel together.
Speaker 1: Well two and a half years, I mean they might be spending a life together, she.
Speaker 2: Said, is great except when they travel. Yes, so don't travel call us. We'll go with you, Susan. We'll sit in the middle seat.
Speaker 3: Thinking the question.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be harsh, but you know there's ways around this. Make a deal with the every other seat he refuses, and you book an aisle and he books the window and you don't even sick together.
Speaker 3: Why he's a long freaking trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I When she says two and a half years they've been together, Anonymous, When you say I'm starting to think this isn't a good sign for us, I would ask you, and I'm not a theorist, but I would say to you, maybe reevaluate what you really think of your relationship. Are there other issues at play here? And if there aren't, or call Susan me. We will go to Hawaii with you, and Susan will sit in the middle.
Speaker 3: I will not.
Speaker 4: Well, you're out.
Speaker 3: We can only go first class?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right until we get there, however, I will carry the luggage. I'll run through the airport with the luggage for you, so that won't be a problem.
Speaker 3: All right, But thank you for your question.
Speaker 2: Let us know, let us know about your next trip. Okay, question. Our next question is from Lily. She writes, Hi, ladies, I'm really upset and I could use your help. I was just on a girl's trip to South Florida with five of my besties from college. The trip was fun for about five seconds and then just turned into a mess. On our first night, we ran into a group of our guy friends that we knew were coming out here as well. Turns out, two of my friends let's call them live and Ellie like the same guy from that group.
Speaker 4: Well, last night, Live was.
Speaker 2: Flirting with him like crazy, and let's just say she was successful, and Ellie was crushed, so crushed that she bought a return flight, didn't tell anyone, and left before any of us woke up. Oh dear god, drama, drama, drama. Now Live and Ellie are having a nasty fallout. It turns out that Ellie confided and Lived Aha confided and Lived about her crush, but Live never mentioned anything about liking that guy too.
Speaker 4: How do we deal with this?
Speaker 2: We're all planning to meet up and hash this out later this week and I'm nervous. Thanks ladies, well, Susan Waite, they've already hashed it out, so we don't know what to tell you. It's already happened. So Lily let us know. That's how we get out of this one.
Speaker 3: It feels so bad.
Speaker 1: But the other one wasn't being honest. Well, you know, she could have said, oh my god, I have a crush.
Speaker 4: To Live, could Live couldn't?
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah, well I feel but I don't know that I would leave my trip.
Speaker 2: Well, especially if you could get to sit in the middle seat on the way home. You wouldn't want to miss that opportunity. I think you're right, Susan. I think the fact that that Ellie confide in and Live and Live didn't say, hey.
Speaker 3: I like him to.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, when you met when we make when we met Frederick at the bar, did I or did I not come right up to and say, Susan, I think he's hot. I've got something for him too. Oh I didn't, guys, it was a joke.
Speaker 4: I did not do that. But no, I think that.
Speaker 1: Where anything happens like with this guy, if two girlfriends were talking about it, you'd have to say, oh my god, I kind of have a crush on him too. But I won't if you want, you know, it's up to the God, of course. But I wouldn't do it like that girl did.
Speaker 2: It well well, I mean Ellie, Ellie told Live Live, didn't tell Ellie and Live Live drew the lucky you know, drew the lucky coin there she got the guy. So I'm guessing Ellie was really embarrassed. And if they're asking me what I would do, I think you guys, and I know it's already probably already happened, but I would encourage you, Lily and your friends to give Ellie a lot of grace. I am sure she was angry, but more than that, I bet she felt humiliated and to see some of them are just live, no, just live? Yeah, just then and Lee's I mean, because I think she was so hurt by her good friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I would have said something to her before I ruined my whole trip.
Speaker 2: Well, but that's the whole point. They're all on the trip together. They're running to these guys. How's that going to work for her?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I might.
Speaker 3: Crush on them, I mean, move on to the next one.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing there. These are just out of college, they're young.
Speaker 3: And i'd be pissed off at my girlfriend. I would.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel sorry for you Ellie. I did, Lily. I think you got to tread gently with Ellie. I think she really was hurt and and I hope that you guys can repair the friendship, because you know what, good friends are hard to find.
Speaker 1: Fine, and to be able to trust them and not throw them under the bus like this one.
Speaker 4: She didn't throw under the bus.
Speaker 3: She just did just ahead and took what she wanted.
Speaker 2: But oh, and you've never done that has that. No, No, I don't mean a guy, I just meet in general. You see something you want, you go after it.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, absolutely, but she wasn't being fair or honest when she told her that she likes them.
Speaker 3: That's a hard one.
Speaker 4: That's hard.
Speaker 2: You're still that is now that meeting went, and I hope you do preserve the friendships because, like I said, good friends are hard to find.
Speaker 4: Now my favorite favorite.
Speaker 1: Truth or drink outlay around. We'll switch off reading the question, but we'll both answer or up to drink.
Speaker 2: Wait, can I just before you start? Before you start, I got to take a drink. Hold on, Okay, carry on, let's go.
Speaker 1: What's the worst gift you received recently?
Speaker 4: I gotta be honest. You're gonna laugh.
Speaker 2: And I say this, anytime I get a gift, even if I don't like it, I'm grateful for it. I am so I don't I don't, I mean, I can't if.
Speaker 3: It's something that I won't use her not crazy about. I'm not. Sometimes I won't regift the gift that I really don't care for. But but.
Speaker 1: At the Christmas cookie exchange, oh god, you put it in the pile and somebody has to take it with a number. I put it in the attic until next year.
Speaker 4: I've done that. I've done that.
Speaker 2: I honestly can't think of a bad gift I've gotten. All right, let's go to the next run. What's something you think I assume about you? But you think I'm dead wrong? What what do you think?
Speaker 3: Oh? Do you think a lot of things sometimes that you talk to me about? And I'll say, you have no.
Speaker 1: Idea that I don't know specific right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's truthfully, you and I talk so much together. Yeah, we can't because we hash it out usually, and we don't friends do. Yeah, we don't assume. If we assume, it's for about thirty seconds. All right, go ahead.
Speaker 1: What do you think people say about our friendship relationship when we're not around?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: God, well, we read social media well as lovers, which were not No, we are best friends.
Speaker 4: Did you hear the one I felt like it's a joke in the Bart? Do you hear the one.
Speaker 2: About when you came out about your relationship with Frederica? I you know, I don't have much time to go on social media these days, but I did go because I was so happy for you guys to look at your videos and stuff. And somebody wrote, wait, Susan's with I thought she and Kathy were together?
Speaker 4: Can I just tell you?
Speaker 2: I was so itching to write back, not even close, but I hope you have a good friend like Susan.
Speaker 4: But I didn't. I just let it go.
Speaker 2: But I think that's the thing people, I think the thing they assume that we're either a couple, which were not, or they don't think they think we've known each other from before the Golden Bouchel, that we didn't meet on the Golden Bacherl, which we did.
Speaker 3: We did, and we're still friends.
Speaker 2: And we're still friends at least for the next ten minutes till this episode's over all. Right, WHOA, what's the Oh god, I know what you're going to say. What's the biggest you think I'm lying to myself about? I know what you're gonna say, buying to yourself? Yeah, what do you think I lie to myself?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I know what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knowthy Kathy sees weight when she looks in the mirror, and she's so wrong, and all of you will agree.
Speaker 4: With that except my neck, skinny. You're right, that is true.
Speaker 2: But that is called body dysmorphia, and a lot of people have it, so it'll be nice to me.
Speaker 1: You've had twenty years of therapy for it. It's still not over it. Okay, come on, all right.
Speaker 2: I just snorted. Wait, wait, I don't know what you lie to you. Oh, I know what you lie to yourself about.
Speaker 3: Be careful, Susan.
Speaker 2: Susan is, as you all know, Susan is a neatnick, incredible neat nick. She lies to herself thinking she can live in dirt, have dirtorent. She'll say, you know, oh, I you know I didn't in fact him the floor this week and okay whatever, yeah, exactly today. But it's okay, I'm good with it. And then you know what she does the next day. She's vacuumingd three times because she missed the day.
Speaker 4: Am I right? You think you can deal with something not being clean, but you can't.
Speaker 1: What's your most ridiculous ick that would instantly turn you off someone?
Speaker 2: A ridiculous sick? I know, but I don't know what's a ridiculous sick. I mean, bad breath would turn me on?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, bad teeth? Yeah, I wouldn't even go like the next.
Speaker 2: Time I meet a guy, I want to. It's like being at the dentist. Stick out your tongue. Let me look down at are How many teeth are you missing?
Speaker 3: All Right?
Speaker 1: If you had to guess who in recent seasons from Bachelor Nation went on the respective show for the wrong reasons, I got to answer that one.
Speaker 2: You could or could not not? Oh golly, I mean it's hard to know.
Speaker 3: Because I know, I mean, you know, whatever the reasons.
Speaker 4: All right, we got a dress? Hey, where's yours diary?
Speaker 3: I have one?
Speaker 4: It's why you're not having fun?
Speaker 3: Who says I'm not having fun?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 1: What's the last person? Who's the last person you stalked on Instagram?
Speaker 4: That's easy you and Frederic, I wanted to.
Speaker 3: That's not stalking, you tell you firsthand.
Speaker 2: Know I'm saying that I wanted to see all your videos, and you know that's stalking.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you go looking for something on inside, I.
Speaker 1: Think stalking means that you're secretly checking out everything they write like you don't want anybody to know.
Speaker 3: Is not st.
Speaker 4: I guess, But I guess I don't.
Speaker 3: Stalk all right, me either?
Speaker 2: So we both have I drink again. My glass runneth over tippe over.
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Who is the la?
Speaker 4: You're okay?
Speaker 3: Oh god?
Speaker 2: If you had to get a tattoo today, what would it be and why?
Speaker 4: I can actually answer that, but I go first, what would.
Speaker 3: If I had? I don't have anybody.
Speaker 2: But maybe I won't have an answer, so I can drink, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: But if I had to get a tattoo today, it would be the word Believe.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: I always thought about it, but I'm scared to get one because I think it's gonna hurt.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me? Talk to Kyle. He'll hold your hand.
Speaker 3: My sons have much you know what I would do?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Well, what first came to mind for me was a butterfly, because they're beautiful and they're free, and they're they're so beautiful in nature.
Speaker 4: That's the first thing that came to me.
Speaker 3: Everybody would assume we would want a rose, Kathy.
Speaker 2: Susan, let me let me say those live players. I do not want one rose. I want all the roses. I want the guy. I want the ring. I want it all. Okay, you can have the roses. I want the guy. Okay, we're done with the Roses. What's the worst tattoo you've ever seen on someone?
Speaker 4: You know what? I'm gonna be.
Speaker 3: Honest when I thought, yeah, but you are to each of these?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: But when I see some tattoos, I find myself like staring at their arm, like I can't figure out what it is.
Speaker 3: It must mean something, I know.
Speaker 1: I know who is the most famous person that follows you on Instagram?
Speaker 3: To tell you the truth, I don't know who follows I don't either. I don't look at my followers. I don't mean I read stuff from them and I love them.
Speaker 2: But I've got some people in the check marks that follow me, but I couldn't tell you who they are.
Speaker 3: All right, how about the next one.
Speaker 2: What was the craziest reaction you got from someone when you revealed you would be going on the Golden Bachelor for Reality TV?
Speaker 1: The craziest reaction? Oh God, TV's not ready for you, Susan.
Speaker 2: I think I think mine was my daughter, because when.
Speaker 3: You're not doing this, are you?
Speaker 2: You said, Mom, you're not serious about doing this? And I said, hell, yeah, I'm serious. My daughter is not quite as outcoming as I am.
Speaker 1: All right, what's one thing from your night one that you'll never that you've never talked about.
Speaker 2: That you've never told Susan, you and I talk about everything.
Speaker 4: We gotta know. You gotta drink, you gotta drink.
Speaker 3: Take my water.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have to pay and I won't be able to. Well who from the see the next bachelor or Bachelorette?
Speaker 4: Can we just say me?
Speaker 3: Yes, We'll say Kathy and that ends that.
Speaker 2: So we know we know who the next Golden Bachelor's But who would you like to see be the next Golden Bachelorette?
Speaker 1: Nancy if she doesn't fall in love, if she goes to Paradise, I would love.
Speaker 4: To see I think it would be perfect. I would love to see Nancy. Who would you.
Speaker 2: Like to see be the next bachelorette off of Grant Season?
Speaker 4: Would you want Latia?
Speaker 3: Latia?
Speaker 4: You would want Latia?
Speaker 3: I think she's so sweet. But I like a lot of the girls.
Speaker 4: I know, right, I think you know what.
Speaker 1: I always wanted Maria to be the bachelorette from.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that would be total chaos, but yeah, I would be exciting. But they don't the clothes, her clothes would be amazing.
Speaker 4: God, Cary would make sure that.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldchelorette. I have clothes.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, Susan, you have clothes, and you're not the Golden bacheloret You don't need an excuse to have clothes. No, I think I think from from our season, I would love to see Nancy. I think she was there so short. I think needs to make a great Golden Bachelorette. She's elegant and sweet and lovely. She deserves love.
Speaker 1: And then you know what, maybe she's gonna go on Paradise and get engaged and I get to do another wad.
Speaker 2: Well maybe she won't get married, Mischel, just get engaged.
Speaker 4: Hey, what you know?
Speaker 2: Come on, Susan, here's if she were the Golden Bachelorette. She could bring us well you're already taken. She could bring me on, and I could, you know, scout out all the guys and take listen, if you don't pick this one, I want.
Speaker 3: I'm available, I'm able.
Speaker 2: I'm just on a grand season. Like I don't know, they were the most I think day were some of the best, honestly of any.
Speaker 3: Season ones too.
Speaker 2: All right, So I got a question for it. This is a truth or drink, and you can't lie and you can't drink water. One go for it, all right, it's gonna be a good one. Have you ever hooked up with someone you didn't know? And do I need to explain to you what hokey not means? Because I had you about six months ago.
Speaker 1: You're talking sex? See right away, I thought, did I kiss anybody I didn't know? You mean have sex with somebody?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Now I have not.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, you need to drink because you told the truth. Because you told the truth, you drink.
Speaker 4: You know what? At this point, who cares? All right?
Speaker 2: What about this one? What is by the way, I can honestly say I have not either.
Speaker 1: What a text or text you sent an ex and recredit it?
Speaker 4: I haven't. I mean I've sent text to X, but.
Speaker 3: Never many times.
Speaker 2: Then do you let me just tell you something? People and you don't even drink that much. But my my advice to people who drink and have a breakup, turn off your phone before you pour the first drink, really seriously, because you don't.
Speaker 3: Usually delete their number and then give it to somebody.
Speaker 1: And yeah, because I'm bad, I have to have the last word or I have to say how sorry I am for leaving you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, this was a blast. This was a blast as it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys for listening.
Speaker 2: Be sure to follow us at Bachelor Happy Hour. We have new episodes coming out. We're really talking about important things like what is hooking up? What is gas lighting? What was the last wait?
Speaker 4: What is sex? So you know you don't want to miss any of.
Speaker 1: These tell and you make sure you submit your questions to us, and you know how to do that right. Go to Bachelor nation dot com slash Golden Hour, or.
Speaker 3: You can d m us on Instagram at Bachelor Happy.
Speaker 2: Hour, Bachelor Happy Hours, Golden Hour on the iHeartRadio app, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 4: Until next time, have a great week.
Speaker 3: Yes, thanks for joining us.