Speaker 1: I'm buzzing in the street. Everybody talking about druma boards. Then an Ovation drop, then we dropped White Girl, then applies reach Out, Man, I do shouty, come on Damn Rocko, reach Out I do. I'm gonna do me. Then with Drake call out the Blue. You know what I'm saying. First song, we do money to Blow, Rick Ross Car we do here, I am two chains, I'm run around. I'm getting it left August. I've seen a hit man. We do No Love feature Nigga Mina Walker. He got hard to paint. I give him no hand. It's a photo shoot. First record me and Gucci did, followed by I Think I Love It. I was like, man, I'm drummer board. You know what I'm saying. I'm making beasts. I got this song out, I got this song out. I'm on the radio. Wo that nigga looked me in my eard like, man, you ain't gonna beat shit doing this shit. M M. You know what I'm saying. Ers just coming down my eyes. Nigga like, man, you gotta me fucked up. Nigga drum Wo, I pull out tenth down Cab.
Speaker 2: Y'all have a lot of talent, but I feel like Memphis is just so divided.
Speaker 1: At the same time, it's a lot of w's. God is showing an incredible example of unification and Dolf was doing it too.
Speaker 3: Do you think that they would have eventually settled their differences.
Speaker 1: Once a nigga lose respect for you, m you know what I mean, it ain't no turning back. This song was just kind of like, there's no way too personal. So I think once they go personal, it is, it ain't no turning back. Word with me here, you know, b T.
Speaker 3: It's just so low shout out oct no call what we see whole game?
Speaker 1: Wait the bat back something.
Speaker 3: Oh you can't stand on their own, scie. I already know you can't bother with me because with the squad of me they get at they called me.
Speaker 1: Helo.
Speaker 3: Ball Alert welther to the ball Alert Show. Podcasts available everywhere you get your podcasts. Please continue to like, subscribe, and share YouTube page at baller Alert TV. I go by the name of Ferrari Simmits.
Speaker 1: I go by the name you know BT.
Speaker 3: With that man, a living legend is in the building. Drove boys that you got to host the show with us? Okay, Sir Drake declares Sexy Red is his rightfully wife kisses her in a new picture. Did you guys see that trending everywhere?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I see there was number one trending on Twitter. He said, if uh, it's gonna get smokey?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: First of all, what did Drake be getting all this slang from? Is this like Canada slang? He said, if my wife he catch you backstage, is gonna get smoky cat.
Speaker 5: If she catch y'all thirsty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thursty is gonna get smokey.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, what the hell does Drake come up with all this terminology?
Speaker 1: That should be serious? Though? Would he say, be serious? But he'd be funny and the same. Yeah, it's a sin and human. I think he got a classy sense.
Speaker 3: This is good for Sexy Red though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sexy Red is on the run.
Speaker 2: By the way, Sexy Red is probably the hottest rapper out right now. I don't I don't think anybody would disagree. I heard four her songs in the club for last night.
Speaker 3: He say, damn with the hose, Uh looking for the hose of the poundtown.
Speaker 1: It's one more the baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm talking about hers like yeah, Poundtown. That's Poundtown too. But yeah, you gots I said, wait, wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, she has four songs.
Speaker 3: That's all hard club and then I'm looking for.
Speaker 5: The Somebody says, she's like there, Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: All right. And then she said, I like that song. I like that song though.
Speaker 1: Stop saying that because you don't know what she's saying. I think she gets her shows like even tightened up even more. She gonna be, she gonna be. You gotta have that performance together, you know what I mean, a lot of artists, they skipped the artist development side. So you know what I'm saying, artists, Man, get your artist development on. You know what I'm saying. Get you some background dances and you dance. Yeah, you know what I mean. Just put some of the money you make it into your production, what I'm saying, on your show production, so you can have some fireworks going off with some ship. Yeah.
Speaker 3: When you're talking about her, when she's talking about her, boody hole is brown? Okay? Uh nas is dropping a new album Friday? Are we here for that?
Speaker 1: Always nos in there?
Speaker 3: I ain't say nothing, b T. You're not ready for it.
Speaker 5: He just got done talking about Poundtown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is this is like a big switch man. Like we're talking about like NAS.
Speaker 3: Album, I don't know the name of it.
Speaker 1: Hit Boy Brought My Dog Back though, you know what I'm saying, smooth, you know what I'm saying, Like gangster, you know what I'm saying, giving us some kind of education, you know what I mean, and trying to put us up on the jewels, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So I respect No, Yeah, salute the NAS man. He one of those rappers that's still coming out with albums when he don't have to, because Na's got a lot of money.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I think he loves the sport of.
Speaker 1: Rap and he and he got a Grammy doing it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It well deserved too, because he he has his first album was Grimmy worthy for me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Okay.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Nas Little Dirt Council's upcoming festival performances and post post poems toward dates as he recovers from his recent health issues dehydration and exhaustion. Almost prayers the Little Dirt. I hope he kind of, you know, seize that through because we need Jack here. Were just talking about how hot it was in Vegas and how hot it is being this summer.
Speaker 1: Man, you need to old you.
Speaker 3: Know you're working, man like, when you work and you forget to eat, you forget to sleep, it'd be a whole bunch of shit going on. That ship will lead up to you multiple times as you do it, and.
Speaker 6: Most importantly, drink water your body needs at least.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes you forget to do all that.
Speaker 2: I just burn my tongue on my almost sub sandwich because I forgot to eat today.
Speaker 5: Your body in Vegas right at.
Speaker 3: Four pm, you forgot to eat.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I drink a lot of water, so you know, that's what helped me when I was in Vegas. Because you know, Delta, they got to come off some coins.
Speaker 5: Everybody get free flights.
Speaker 3: Everybody's complaining. People passed out in the plane because of how hot the plane was because they Vegas. Yeah, Vea leaving Vegas to go wherever they're going.
Speaker 1: And people on the plane with the only ones playing the Spirit.
Speaker 2: It was the Delta, Man, I seen Spirit and everybody taking off. We were stuck on the plane because they couldn't get the engine to start because they're overheated because of how hot it was, and I'm in the plane and you know, the AC goes out and we're just sitting on the plane and I'm watching Spirit.
Speaker 1: Take off, watching the Americans take off. I'm like, this is supposed to be Delta.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 6: It was so hot too, Like people passed out and swelled themselves as well.
Speaker 1: You were hot.
Speaker 3: I know it was hot over there because it was hot in Atlanta. It was ninety four degrees in Atlanta. I ain't never felt no like that one sixteen Delta. Man, come on, I fucked with Delta.
Speaker 1: They need new planes, thank you.
Speaker 3: And we all get the planes that have like you know, the new ship, like you know what you.
Speaker 1: Get on those like once every blue moon. You're like, hey, what is this?
Speaker 3: I was on the Delta plane and they had all the bad shit. It was like all it was old as hell.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, they making so much money. Man, Like even I had to fly. They had to wrap me through American Airlines. And I got on that American Airlines.
Speaker 1: I said, Maha, I'm I on a three hour flight with no TV.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean a lot of what is it? Southwest? Only think they got TVs?
Speaker 3: Okay, uh fabulous. Recently set on social media. No disrespect to any female rappers out, but I think there's only one style of female rap hip hop being promoted, programmed and looked at as successful.
Speaker 1: Now thoughts, you can agree the female rappers on top they rap about what they've been through, you know what I'm saying, and they taking a negative lifestyle or you know what I'm saying, their previous past life and turning it into success in a bank roll and able to provide more for their families, so you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I think it was once like that, like a you know, like the Cardi B type era when Jermaine dupri was saying mount stripper culture and stud of being promoted. But now I feel like we have more of a variety because I don't feel like Lolabrook is talking about the same thing as sexy Red or in sexy Red doesn't sound like an ice spice, you know. I feel like it's a I think you gotta we're coming into a wider variety of female rappers.
Speaker 1: I agree with that.
Speaker 2: I don't really know what a fab statement is coming from because just like Ox said, I'm seeing a variety of different type of you know rap that you can listen to because Ice Spice, you know, her music is a whole lot different from Actually I like Ice Spice too, but I really like Sexy Red Man. I don't know. It's just something about her music in the club. It's just even if you are man and make you want to turn up. You know, I don't be works. I don't know what she be saying half the time. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. People will tell you to be true to yourself or a man, make music this you and da da da, and then people go do that, blow up, have success, and then now it's ruining the community. But she just being who she is.
Speaker 3: Did you see she went viral? Sexy Reil went viral. She went to some schools and pay for haircuts and got bundles for the kids, the girls, and they were going crazy because they was like, why is she going? She has a song called going to Perform. I thought she was going to perform. That was weird.
Speaker 2: I knew she wasn't gonna perform because I was like, bro, there's no way on God's green earth she by the going there and sing towntown.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, like choo.
Speaker 2: I knew that she was giving away something. I thought she was probably going to be going there.
Speaker 3: Too, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: It was a great deed that she did.
Speaker 6: And a lot of people saw a problem with that, Like you said, they thought she was going to perform and she did not. She just you know, and she said, you know how hard it was for her during prom season, So she wanted to give back to, you know, the young ladies who want to look good on a prom night because a lot of people do hair cuts, but a lot of people don't buy bundles.
Speaker 1: They do real shit. Man, get back to the community, you know what I mean, and be clever with your way of doing that. And I think she did that. She got everybody talking on the negative level and then y'all up again.
Speaker 2: Ademic yeah, you know, I like what she's doing. Another thing too, I know, I know it's not on the sheet in case you missed it, but you know a lot of people are talking about Little Baby Tours being canceled, like the show's being canceled.
Speaker 1: What do y'all feel about that?
Speaker 2: About what they said because of the ticket sales that his shows are being canceled. And you know, I'm always on Twitter looking at what you know, what's the talk of the town is per se, But I seen like academic says something about He was like, Yo, you know, uh, these fans aren't real fans anymore. He was like, these fans are like overnight fans that like rappers are you know, gaining Like how you feel about that drama boy, you feel like, you know, the core fan bases like kind of going away into like where people are just hopping on trends about like who's popular right now.
Speaker 1: I think it's always been like that, To be honest with you, it was just more money made in the previous you know, in the nineties and the early two thousands. Now just you know the way streams are going and TikTok and different trends. You gotta really come with substance. You gotta come with something that people gonna respect you for outside of just the music, you know what I'm saying. And I think if you you become a triple threat, that's what makes you. You know what I mean, Like, Okay, he can do movies, Okay, he cool, Okay, he got an actual personality. He funny and real person You know what I mean? You might go doing movies. You know what I mean, and just being creative like a fifty cent or a ludicrous you know what I mean, And elevating your career because you use this as a platform to get other things. Michael Jordan took price cut right, he wanted the highest paid NBA player, this and that, But if you look at how much money he was making off the court, look at the way he was branding himself. So now he's set up. He's still making four hundred million a year, Like you gotta set yourself self up like a Jay Z or Nas, you know what I mean. And I'm just following the blueprints. I think.
Speaker 6: Also, you know, back in previous generations like Gen X and you know, early Millennials, they kind of view concerts in a different way like they would go Gen X will go see a new addition. They would go by records and Michael Jackson and things of that nature. And I feel like now with this, you know later Millennials and Gen xers and the younger generation, they want to be the stars. You know what I'm saying. They got they own fan base. So it's not like they trying to see you. They trying to get they stuff up to see, you know, to collab with you or try to get on the same stage as you.
Speaker 5: And I feel like that's a factor.
Speaker 2: As well, Like you feel like most people feel like they can do what like a lot of rappers are doing nowadays that are successful, because I just don't like the simple fact of It's like these fans are trying to like turn on these artists so fast because it's like I'm a fan of Little Baby, and then when I see stuff like that on the internet, like it makes me agree with you, Like I feel like everybody's looking at these artists and be like, hey, I can do that, you know what I mean, Like why these person has all these fans when I feel like I can.
Speaker 1: Do that too.
Speaker 6: And it's they feel like that because of the Internet, they can get a hundred K on their TikTok and feel like they'll start, you know, go viral off one video and feel like, oh, I could do this, you know, when it really takes, like you said, artist development and and you know, really cultivating your art to you know, have longevity to become a jay Z. But you know people are lazy too, But I feel like they just get that one little spark of fame, you know, or attention that they're looking for on TikTok or Instagram or whatever and try to run with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you know when you gain a certain following behind a certain cause, like Okay, you killed somebody, you know what I'm saying, So now you blow up all night everybody listening to your music, you know what I mean. You got to keep that up, you know what I'm saying. Or you love hip hop, you know what I'm saying. A guess or whatever. You know what I'm saying, And you might've beat somebody ass and went viral, you know what I mean, Like Okay, he don't play, man, they wasn't play. You gotta keep that up, you know what I mean. So whatever it is that you're doing, you gotta be consistent with it. If I if I'm known for having that shit in the street, I gotta keep that up, you know what I'm saying. Or as you come to me and I ain't got it, you finna go to somebody else, you know what I'm saying. Damn, you know what I'm saying, My folks. In time, I gotta get something from somebody, you know what I mean. So the party always gonna go on. You know what I mean, and you have to keep up. You know, you might inherit somebody else. You're dating somebody, you know what I'm saying, and that now you inheriting the fans. You know what I'm saying. So it's cool when y'all together. But the minute you break up, the minute you do something to her, she do something to you. Dah dah dah. Now y'all fans against each other, you know what I mean. So you gotta be careful how you align yourself, you know what I mean, and be consistent at what you do. Whatever it is you do that you can take a break. For me, it was making good music, so I gotta keep that up.
Speaker 3: I think Little Baby's tour dates are happening like that is because I think a lot of the artists that are on his tour with him are new You were artists with not bigger fan bases. So if I feel like when he was with Dirk or him and Drake, like people want to go to a one music fest because it's seventeen, Drake's seventeen, So festivals are spoiling the festival things, spoiling the tour with Little Baby, and then he's looking out for his folks like Jo's on there. It's artists that are new that don't have big fan bases.
Speaker 2: That's how tours used to be though, That's how you used to find out new artists.
Speaker 3: Correct, But I don't remember festivals being like how they are. These are. It's multiple big festivals. So I'm just you know, I'm just kind of looking at it a little different, like yo, like what is he? Because Dirk has his own tour, Baby has his own tour, Drake has his own tour, when in reality, I just thought maybe them three should have been on the tour. It should have been Drake, Dirk and little Baby. Now them is gonna sell out all the arenas, in my professional opinion, first most of them having to choose because Drake's store is gonna be a lot more expensive. He's in New York on three dates, and people will have to be like, ah, you got a four hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Ticket and we're coming out for Pandemics.
Speaker 3: Still, people we got Beyonce, we got all these big people, Taylor Swift, we got people that really raped. And then you know, especially if you see them on Instagram and all this, you might not want to be intrigued to go see it. But if it's a bill with Drake Dirk and little Baby, I'm gonna be go over be like, oh yeah, I'm going to that. But so to the legacy artists who can do this on their own, absolutely, because that's difficult.
Speaker 1: And you don't know what what you know, like health wise or you know what I mean, like just just just mental therapy. We want all these artists healthy, you know what I mean. We don't know what they're going through or what came up or you know your son that had an emergency or one of your kids and head of an emergency case that happens. Ain't spend like I can't miss these moments life be lifing. Broke his arm and you gotta have surgery whatever. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It was in a car accident, any thing, and you may not can say that publicly. There may be a man I got some exhaustion issues. It could be as simple as damn, I got some family things. I gotta take care of that man I need to go public. It could be some ship like that.
Speaker 6: But shout out to a little baby. He just opened the seafood restaurant.
Speaker 3: I gotta go check that out. You know, you know Atlanta, we love our seafood. We're going partas in the hood.
Speaker 1: So you know it's good.
Speaker 6: And I heard it's not as expensive as like the Boilers. It's reasonable priced.
Speaker 3: So yeah, a fuck with little baby and everything he got going on.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back with more of the Bowler Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 1: You already know what's going on. Is drummer Board aka d Boy Fresh and youtuned in right here with me on the Baller Alert Show. We benefice a.
Speaker 3: And we're back with the Bowlers Show podcast. Drummer Boy.
Speaker 1: You know, hey, yeah, listen to this track.
Speaker 5: Where did those tags come from?
Speaker 1: The man tags just you know, creatively, you know what I'm saying, You gotta come up with it. A yeah, boy, came from me rapping. I was rapping up. I was doing a feature for Gags the Boo. She was like, man, I need you on the track. Man, need a twelve right here food And I put a twelve on that GM and I'm saying a year boy behind my verse and she was just like mine, man, you need to make that jo tag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a really close relationship.
Speaker 1: How did that affect you? Man? It was, it was, it was. It's still a blow, you know what I'm saying. It's still like avoid missing because I already lost my brother. I r peat insame way and she was like both of them together, just crazy funny, just calling me, just on me, like, man, you might keep doing this food man man, fuck do you folks? Fool man talk yo ship food pop yr sh sh nigga jump out you you know what I mean. She just want a nigga to wake up, Like come on, bro, you you you you know what motivated nigga fool take this ship fool like you know what I mean. She was that that cheerleader. But they're motivated that inspiration at the same time. So so it's safe to say you were three sins Mafia fan. Oh fucking right. Because you're from Memphis, Memphis.
Speaker 3: Part of Memphis, South Memphis. Can we talk about the sides, like what's like, what's the nice part of Memphis? This is the north side.
Speaker 1: Nice part of Memphis used to be. I mean, it's it still is, I guess in certain areas Kyeville, part of German Town, this is suburbs part of South. So Germantown is like like south, you know what I'm saying, It's on the bottom, closer to Mississippi, but it's further east, like out of the city a little bit, you know what I'm saying, Like kind of more northeast, you know what I'm saying. So Kyeville will be northeast, and then even german Town would be a little bit kind of like it's really nice over north.
Speaker 3: A lot of people I've seen this from South Memphis, and I've heard some people say they're from East Memphis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, West West Memphis is Arkansas, So you're from Memphis. You ain't really claiming that because that's really Arkansas. That's what the BT is from, you know what I'm saying, Like you that's Arkansas. But people be like, I'm from Memphis, you know what I'm saying, because they come to Memphis every day.
Speaker 3: Community there at the state line.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't say you from Arkansas, you're from West West West Memphis could just be like I'm from West Memphis.
Speaker 1: Was like Little Rocky from Little rock You're from Favvie from Fae, from anywhere else you from there? But West Memphis. The only people that can really take you want to be a rapper. First I was. I was rapping in making beats. I was a high school cafeteria king, you know what I'm saying. I was always beating on tables and you know, free styling, you know what I'm saying, or cats was freestyling on my beats and whatever. So it just kind of became a thing. The ornament on the Christmas tree was the little drummer Boy. Then my Grandmama gave me, so it was just like damn, and I kind of just put to into.
Speaker 3: The know how to play the drums.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, a little bit. What instruments do you play? Clarinet, piano, guitar, bass, little drums? You know what I'm saying. But I'm more of a programmer, and I arranged and composed. I respected the conductor. My dad was in the orchestra, you know what I'm saying. And my mom was in the opera, plus the church choir, and so it was around you.
Speaker 3: You had no choice.
Speaker 1: And that's the orchestra was my babysitter, you know what I'm saying. Oh yeah, so BOYT three or four, I could tell the difference between violas and violins and cellos and trombones and you know what I'm saying, French horns and like this's what's good to learn early. Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying. Between the church. I think the church was like the biggest glue for me, you know what I'm saying, because it was it was a little bit cooler, you know what I'm saying. Like my dad was really trying to force the orchestra on me, and I just got good at it just because of how much anything that you put in eighteen hours a day, fifteen hours a day, ten hours a day, you gonna master it, you know what I'm saying. And you didn't done this five, ten, fifteen years. So by the time I kind of, you know, my brother introduced me to the beat making process. He took me to my first studio, you know what I'm saying, and like that was like the feeling of being in the spaceship, like Okay, I can control this on my own pilot. I can older you at this time, when you're probably twelve thirteen, first studio for.
Speaker 3: A young age, you already knew, did you know at that time you were going to be a producer or you were.
Speaker 1: I thought I was going to make it to the NBA. Honestly, you know what I'm saying. I was a slam dunk contest. Everybody from Memphis State they going to the NBA. We hope it. I had a few D one, D two scholarships. Okay, it was going down for me. You know it just at my height five eleven six foot, you know what I mean. You point guard all day, you know what I'm saying. And I wanted to be there two the three on the wing. Had I got six three, sixs four, I probably would have been in there.
Speaker 6: And this is Mephis in the nineties, right like when you were growing up, and so, like you said, through six Mafia, all those people Project pat.
Speaker 1: Is on the radio play a fly against a black player, fly Man, Project pack Project.
Speaker 5: How was the city at that time?
Speaker 1: Man? It's it's it's it's always the city that love to hate. You know what I'm saying. It's like, if you can pass the hate, you gonna get checked, you gonna get roasted, you gonna get joned, you gonna get you know what I'm saying. And if you learn how to jone back, that's what makes you Okay, all right, you know what I'm saying. You gotta balance it, balance the hate with the with the fight back, you know what I'm saying. And when the nigga see you can scrap. It's just like anything else, then niggas ain't fucking with you, you know what I'm saying. So it's a few fights we had it, you know what I'm saying, Bam, It's it's it's a few uh uh. You know moments that you have to prove yourself and really see what you made of when you standing in front of five hundred people, you know what I'm saying. Main places where we've sold out, uh and had the whole room literally reciting every word. You know what I'm saying on the rap shit as well as the beats, you know what I mean. One of the first groups I produced was a group called Trill. You know what I'm saying. I'm doing all the beats, I'm mixing young seventeen, you know what I'm saying, and Bam dropped. They project did another I said, with a group called a Faculty That was next. Yeah, okay, you know what I mean. So, Bam, Just so in high school, this practice you know what I'm saying. And me, I'm making the beats. I'm recording these niggas. I'm rapping on the beats. I'm coming up with engineering. You're making the beats. You're engineering?
Speaker 3: Are you mixing?
Speaker 1: Mixing and mastering everything? And burning the CDs? And marketing and promotion.
Speaker 3: So he took it back, he said, burning the c he's no limit right now. Oh yeah, we was at the barbershops with the nail So when when did you get your first saying when did you get your first hit record?
Speaker 1: That you was like, yo in the street was got it? That's what's up?
Speaker 3: Yo, got it? That's what's up.
Speaker 1: I did four on his life album?
Speaker 3: How did he did he call?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Get him in the mall? You know what I'm saying, just moving around like okay, so probably thirteen twelve, you know what I'm saying. Twenty thirteen, Yeah, I did with my last year in the Haven. You know what I'm saying. End up, man, Some guys try to jump me, Bam, I didn't. I didn't took down three of them. It's one last dude, Bam, I'm smashing him in the face with a clarinet case.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, Damn, are you literally school or something? Yeah, I'm coming home from school, you know, and nigga might think it's sweet you got a clarinet case, so you played clarinet or this said that woo. So it was one of them situations. Bam, I fucked these niggas up. How many it's four niggas, three of them. Then got on. You know what I'm saying, it's cadado. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, got in some trouble. Long story short, and it was it was literally like some fresh prince of bell leir shit, like you're moving with your mom and uncle Auntie Tabelair, Like I moved to Cordova. This this suburb's so Cordova. Okay, yeah, it's it's nice at that time for show so NL choppic. You graduated from Cordova High School. I was the first graduating class two thousand and one. Who'd you move with? My mama? Okay, you know what I mean. So it's like just me and my mama. She got a new job out there. Bam. So Germantown Parkway or one Lane Street. This before Wolf Chase Gaalleria Mall even existed, So niggas who from Memphis know what I'm talking about. So Bam, when I got to that side, it's really like North So I'm from the South Memphis, you know what I'm saying. But it's predominantly white area. It was this one little hood in Bridgewater, you know what I'm saying. So I get cool with them. Da da Da da da. And I started learning about Bolton. I started learning about Bartley other suburbs. I started learning about Raleigh, which is more you know what I'm saying, West, you know what I'm saying, but not over the state line, so you see, Gotti and I learned about Raleigh. I don't know nothing about Raleigh and Raleigh, Egypt. In this whole area I'm from, I know about white Haven and Hamilton. I went to Alsey Alsey Elementary, so Bam, I started meeting a whole different side Germantown with You know, I played varsity basketball, so Bam, ninth grade. We ain't have a tenth for eleven or twelfth grade. You know what I'm saying. It was just ninth grade and I'm playing against all these other high schools, bumping a Gotti at the mall at it's a mall in Raleigh. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Did you know who he was at the time?
Speaker 1: It was just he was on this come up just like anything else. He you know, underground, like a lot of the rappers in Memphis. You know they might be known locally, you know what I'm saying, and we call it like underground, you know what I'm saying. So the underground not not. He's headed there. You know, he's only dropped one project. So he popped on the streets. He really was popping in the streets on some whole other you know what I'm saying. He was that nigga on some whole other ship and was trans you know what I'm saying, transitioning into the rap, you know what I mean. And we bumped into each other. I told him I had some beats. We met at Nick Scoffold Peat Scotfold that was like the owner of Prophet Posse. You know what I'm saying. They was some of the guys who signed d.
Speaker 3: Did you give him a Beat CD?
Speaker 1: I gave him a Beat CD, which I always would put my number on it, you know what I'm saying. So He called me like, man, I want you to meet me to the studio. I got a couple of them beats I want and he was working on the Life album. So this days inevitable entertainment. You know what I'm saying, Like the beginning got it the first official album.
Speaker 3: So now so now he's fucking with you and he.
Speaker 1: I did twelve songs on it on that album. So I did four tracks, My brother did foe tracks, and my producer Swizzle did four tracks on a Life album. He did a track on the car shot. I got a white shot of cheap, cheap price shot. So that was one of the singles that helped him get to deal with TVT damn. Next album, come out, back to the basics. That's what's up, come out? And when you see the shoty popul collar, then you hollered, that's what what up? Drama? Hey, what up? What's you at the studio? He made that nah, So I dropped the beat, tracked out everything. We was dropping beats on that tape.
Speaker 3: But this was this was the first song that went everywhere in the street and clubs and the radio. Like for me, how did that feel?
Speaker 1: It was? It was amazing. Man. The beat was already like prolific and anthem and triumphant. You know what I'm saying, And I always wanted to, you know, just glorify you know what we standing, folks. You know what I'm saying and what we're about. You know what I'm saying, Like, man, you should just shot out everybody. But what about what he did everybody? He would shouting out most people. But you know what I'm saying. Six me, I'm like, damn, I'm cool with these niggas. You know That's what I'm saying. Get there. Yeah, this was the beginning of me getting in the and and just feeling that like, damn, he was in high school, right, Yeah, I was in high school.
Speaker 3: So what happened after? That's what's up Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. I got with Teylor. I got a call from my brother. He was like, man in House of Blues. I had graduated high school. You know what I'm saying, I'm just the summer going. You made in college. Hell yeah, I've been.
Speaker 3: You're making money.
Speaker 1: From making a hundred dollars tapes, just all my base tapes.
Speaker 6: But at the same time, like I said, your parents were scholars. So they really thought that school was important for.
Speaker 1: You, right right, But my dad don't know nothing about this ship what you were doing. Yeah, my dad didn't know nothing about this because I knew, you know, he was My dad at that time was just so strict you know what hip hop because still so he didn't know didn't producial music and like you.
Speaker 5: Know classical Yeah here classic train music.
Speaker 1: It's like what on't come in here playing that rap? Yeah? You know what I mean. So this was like some whole other I would have to practice, do what I do for him, yes, sir, no cirt and then go out.
Speaker 3: But always sounded like a Archer bands like it always sounded classical, uh.
Speaker 1: Or what I had, Like I grew up in that shit, you know what I'm saying. And I you know the difference is between me and him, Like he can play Beethoven and most Sartain Sebastian every day wild, you know what I mean. When I would go to his orchestral performances and whatnot, I look at the conductor. He didn't want to charge all the music. I'd be like, man, that's what I want to you know what I mean. So it was a motivation from young It was like, Okay, I know what I want to do. You know what I'm saying, take it in a different form. Yeah, I'm not no follower, Like I appreciate the guidance and the theory and the musicianship and the discipline it. Man, my dad was in the Navy, so I had to do a hundred push ups every morning when I woke up.
Speaker 3: How does drummer boy go from that to.
Speaker 1: Jeezy? Okay? So after I graduated high school, I went to University of Memphis. I stuck in University of Memphis for two years. During that time, I was just trying to make my name bigger. So I had that's what's up? I got with Tela. I got a call my first year in college. I got with Teyla and pulled up on him. End up doing Tennessee twenty three. He's I keep it clean man, Tennessee. Yeah, so this is the first year we got to Tennessee Titans. You know what I'm saying. So I was like, man, I'm gonna make an anthem for the Tennessee Titans. So I jump on the mic do the hook. Tela like, oh man, this shit gonna be crazy. I called Gotti, gott it come through. Put a verse on I called gangst the Boot, Gangs the Boot, put a verse on it. Teela put a verse on it. Haystack was white rapper from Nashville. I was like, man, i'mnna get my nigga at Haystack were going crazy at the time. Put Haystack on the record, criminal Man. Put criminal Man on that ricord, and put all them people on one record for the Tennessee Titans anthem. So if you listen to Tennessee, I also did Strive and We Hanging on that Double Dose album. That was the Double Dose album for Tela. So Tennessee played like five six times a day on miss Ready to Drop out of car Nah. I got kicked out of college due to unattendance because I was traveling back and forth to Atlanta. So that's my June.
Speaker 3: So why are you traveling to Atlanta? People will call you now to.
Speaker 1: People pastor troy En, They'll calling me. That's one of the first people I work with. You know what I'm saying Outside against the Boo who was living in Atlanta. So I was working on her album. I did two songs on Soap Opera in quir Reminds Part two. I did a couple other songs, but one of the songs with City Streets, and the other song was Sibbing and Spinning featuring Bu and b So Sibbing and Spinning go Crazy against the Bood. Jacob York put that project out, so he put marketing dollars behind it. That shit get to go in everywhere. I'm starting to float around in Texas, you know what I mean. I just did the shit with Tea. Scarface called me at nineteen. I'm doing Never Never. That was a big record. That was one of the main album so, you know what I mean, that's my first placement on Scott Face. I ain't even twenty yet.
Speaker 3: You know I'm going though. When when did you get the call to do so?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get get you there? Call me and was like, man, I had to did some beasts for some niggas in Chicago, did some beasts for some niggas in Florida, did some beasts for some more niggas in North Carolina. All of them niggas got features from Troy. So it was like he had a call. He's like, bro, I gotta get your number. Bron and wrapped on three of your beasts. Bro, if I racked on another one of your beasts, I gotta meet you, you know what I mean. So this man, I'm buzzing in the street. Everybody talking about druma board. When I was seventeen, eighteen nineteen, everybody talk about drumboard, drum war, drumer, scarf face. I'm on scar face. You know what I'm saying. I'm on Teylor. That's all yo, got it? You know what I'm saying. I'm on Man Pastor, Troy. Make them get that money right, pop it, puss it, make them get that money right. So now I got Atlanta strip clubs. Remember now, Now I got Atlanta strip clubs. I ain't even old enough to get in the strip club.
Speaker 5: How did your dad feel at this time? Did he know yet? Because he had to know when you dropped out, I mean when you got kicked out.
Speaker 1: He found out three months into my suspension. You know what I'm saying. He cool with the dean of the university. I had just I make him get that money right. Popped the pusses crazy, you know what I'm saying. And band, is he understanding working with boys in the hood? At the particular time. You know what I'm saying, So block n T like, Man, you're going crazy out here any clubs, man, you know what I'm saying, I gotta I gotta work with you. I did some shit with bo Hagen, did some shit with Polo some other people at noon time. You know what I'm saying. Jazzy fails work on him, so bam. He was like, man, I gotta get some work with you. And I ended up doing uh Trap Niggas for Jody Breese and Gez and I had just did a paper on Jody Brees mixtape featuring Slim Thug. So now I got bum Bee's scarface slim Thug. You know what I'm saying, Texas going crazy, bam. Uh Jeez about to go solo, you know what I'm saying. And my dad caught me in that moment right there, like he found out, you know what I mean. So I basically was just joking and move and you know what I'm saying, trying to until he I knew I was gonna get the call. At some point he called me, Man, what the fuck is going on? Man? You gotta keep you up of school. And he was looking at the classes that I'm flunking, Like I'm flunking, fucking pe, I'm flunking. You know what I'm saying, Shit, no math, Like, man, you good at math? You good it pe? You know what I mean. But I was like, I just ain't in town. Pop. You know what I'm saying. He was like, what you doing? Dah dah dah. So he was pissed off. He was like, basically, I don't give a fuck where you're at. I need to see you tonight. I'm in Atlanta. I just you know what I'm saying. Pulled back in from North Carolina some shit, it's like new So I like, fuck it, I'm gonna get on the road right now. I got to Memphis like six thirty, pull up on Pop by seven and he got damn looked me in my eye and tell me basically like man, what you doing? Concern with my time and this and that how I was spending my time. And he was like, man, he found out. I was like, man, I'm drummer boy, you know what I'm saying, making beats. I got this song out, I got this song out. I'm on the radio. That nigga looked me in my eyes like, man, you ain't gonna beat shit doing that shit. You know what I'm saying. Tererius coming down my eyes, Nigga like, man, you got me fucked up, nigga, drummore. I pulled out ten doown cash it on the table, you know what I'm saying. He like, man, he can't buy your mama to the house she want. Came by her the cost she want. You ain't even got no bank account or bitch. You ain't got no debit card, you ain't got no credit card. All this shit I did not have. You know what I'm saying. I walking around with wads and money like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So this shit was need older you when this happened. I'm twenty okay, you know what I'm saying, an even by alcohol.
Speaker 1: Yet didn't y'all come up with a deal. Yeah, so he made a bet with me that. He was like, man, I bet you one hundred thousand. Then, since you bad ass man ten times that, let me see one hundred thousd in your bank account. I'll give you a year, you know what I'm saying. And mind you, he said bank account. So this is you ain't gonna just be able to put No. One hundred thousand cash into no bank account, not at that time. Facts, And I was like, all right, bet And ten months later I got down. I remember taking him my bank statement and just popped up on the shoulder the bank statement and he just started laughing. And we've been best friends ever since. Yeah, he just wanted to know how serious aid it, you know what I mean? He knew I was spending my time some kind of way. I told him I was making beats and whatnot, and he man, at the end of the day, you got to prove yourself. You got to back up what you're talking, you know what I mean, and show that you can actually be successful doing it. And what's what's even crazier is like I did a video for my dad called The Conductor, and I conducted his last Memphis Symphony performance. Man gets some snaps for that.
Speaker 3: That's dope. Yeah, now, okay, thank you, Jez. You know I'm going because that song is arguably one of the best songs I've ever heard in my life. You do trap niggas? What happens after that? How does jes Go solo?
Speaker 1: Jz Go solo? He working on his album I'm on the couch playing Halo. You know what I'm saying, I got damn Xbox. Yeah, on Xbox. I got down. Look at the phone. I see like eight minus calls from Coach K. I see another eight miss calls from from Jez, and I'm like, damn, So I called Coach. That was the first one as I seen call coach first. Man, you talked to Gez Man call call hang up, call G, Bet, hang on call G. He's like, what up, dope. I'm like, shit, what's good, nigga? You know what I'm saying. He's like, man, I need to see if you got this beat. He played a beat for me, and when he played the beef for me, my stomach just dropped because I knew I had just sold the beat. Not just sold the beat. I sold it to Bigcat Young Sneid. So you know what I'm saying, Young Sneak, I told you, like man, I sold that shit three months ago. Bro, that shit does that shit like the pack. You know what I'm saying, I can't get that back. You know what I'm saying. And I think that's what Jeez really like fucked with me because I stood on business. You know what I'm saying, and a lot of artists, I mean a lot of producers, they would have sold the same beat. I have seen my artists sell the same beat to two different people and act like I ain't nothing to happen.
Speaker 5: Does that cause copyright issues?
Speaker 1: Nah, They're called getting your ass whip issues. You know what I'm saying, You might get killed issues. You know what I'm saying, Like, you sell me the same beat you sell him, and then y'all find out a bat and then we all in the same spot at the same time, Like, come on, bro, you know what I'm saying. So I was like, bro, I did just get rectified. I told him give me the A Cappellas. You know what I'm saying. I started making beats off of Acappella. So I was like, give me the A coppell I'm gonna make a better Beatian.
Speaker 3: That's the musician in you for sure.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah. So that's what I did. I pulled off. I was staying in Stone Mountain at the time. I just paid my rent, you know what I'm saying, fifteen hundred. I was in a three bedroom. I went and got my brother in Swizzle, brought their ass down here to Atlanta. I went and got my knigga a three bedroom for fifteen hundred. Yeah, I man my brother after trap Nigga, swear to God the next day that the trap got in uh raided. Wow, swear to God. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The like what you saying?
Speaker 1: My life boy got in wool. So you know what I'm saying. I'm I'm staying in Stone Mountain, you know what I mean. That's like a fucking forty thirty minute drive to Petwork. You know what I'm saying. I probably just paid my rent. I probably had like two three hundred dollars in my pocket, you know what I'm saying. So Gas, I bent and fill up the tank, try down the pass work, pick up the vocals. Come back to Stone Man, start working on the first version. Mind you Jeezy turning in the album Like That's why I got the many calls, because like Nigga, I'm turning in the album in the morning. I need the files to this shiit. We down here with Leslie and Patchwork mixing the album. Nigga, what's up you on my album? Nigga? Congratulations? Like this this is the biggest album you can be on in the fucking.
Speaker 3: In the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was the biggest. See, the biggest artist was coming out of there with the biggest budget.
Speaker 5: Come on, man, and how many songs did you do?
Speaker 1: I just did one. That's how you needed what song was. But I ain't. I didn't. I haven't confirmed this shit yet. I gotta find a beat that he liked. Damn. I got to make one version. Go back to patch work. It's probably two o'clock in the morning. I got them play the first verse. He's like, man, you know you be always sprung on the first ship you did? Right? You got that writers. You know what I'm saying. What they call that ship where you it's it's some kind of you you sprung on or whatever.
Speaker 5: You already know what he wanted to hear, and he wasn't going to know.
Speaker 3: He's very particular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he sprung on the first version, So all right, cool, I go back to another version. Come back. He's like, folk forty five. You went all the way home to come back? Yeah, I had to. That's what my equipment was that at this time, nigga, it's head ass, NPC outboard gear. You want to know, just no laptop and digitalfl studio one or none of that ship like nigga, you had to track out each sound for sound like nah, this ship was real deal big boy, which NPC was you four thousand?
Speaker 3: So this so you did? You did three versions.
Speaker 1: So okay, I go back. This is I just got. I just got denied my second version. So I'm like, nigga, fuck that, and I and I Sho'm down to probably a buck fifty and then put some gas and burn some gas in. Then mother for I got some food, got some more blunts. I'm trying to stay high. You know what I'm saying, Shit, ain't got I see. I'm finna listen to the whole trapper down the whole way home. You know what I'm saying. The streets is watching. I got damn popped that motherfucker put that bitch in. I'm listening to every fucking song, and I'm like, God damn, you gotta do your homework. You gotta do your research. Cause the one thing I fucking noticed was that in every fucking beat, this nigga got horns.
Speaker 3: Mm hm yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's the first sound I go to on the third beat. Okay, you know what I'm saying, And that once I heard the intro to A and the Aids was sitting right ay bros a Rap, put the drums on it, took it back down. Its probably six fifteen.
Speaker 3: Which song is this?
Speaker 1: Standing I play? That was the first time I heard Jesus say his ad libs live in person, like literally.
Speaker 3: But that wasn't his biggest record that you did.
Speaker 1: That wasn't the biggest nod, But that was like.
Speaker 3: My is that your Is that your favorite record?
Speaker 1: That's my first platinum plaque? I am the Trap.
Speaker 5: How'd you feel when you got that first platinum?
Speaker 1: Man? Come on, I am the trap? Standing ovation?
Speaker 3: Is your life after this?
Speaker 1: I am the Trap?
Speaker 3: Your life changed after this?
Speaker 1: I am immediately? Everybody get is worth it? Oh? Absolutely? Like I probably went from them two hundred dollars in my pocket to like two three hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: Break that down?
Speaker 1: How that money? How that money worked?
Speaker 5: How did you?
Speaker 6: I mean, like you said you had two hundred dollars, but then you said three hundred thousand instantly?
Speaker 1: How did that come? Did that come? Like after fifty game from a publishing deal? You know what I'm saying, just because you know, I had an incredible opportunity, Like I made a U Turn. One time, Squeaked told I was pulling in the Myphis about to work on Bolling g. Squeak hit me out the blue, was like, man, you might want to be here for this session in Atlanta. I'm like, bro, I'm literally driving into Memphis. So I called Balling GCEE if I could work on something another play, you know what I mean, push them back. He was like, man, we got to perform the night anyway, So cool. I make a U turn, go back to Atlanta, get to the studio, and I'm in the studio with Brian Michael Cox, John Tay, you know what I mean. Chris Hicks May did a lot with Mary J. Blige and all these different things huge, you know what I mean. And at the time he was the president of Wanna Chapel, so damn. He was like, after he heard the music from that night, he knew I was gone to New Heights. He know where I was gonna land placements and what was gonna be what But he publishing deal, like you know what I mean, he hadn't even heard standing Ovation. It wasn't even out yet, you know what I'm saying. That's it was probably coming out in like three or four weeks. He didn't even know about that. Then standing ovation drop, Then we dropped White Girl. You know what I'm saying. Then implies reach out man, I do shawty t pain. You know what I'm saying, Come on, damn rock Tho, reach out I do. I'm gonna do me. Then Drake Call out the Blue, one of my goons from Canadian Canada. He's like, man, you know what I'm saying. I got an artist from the GRASSI he working. You know what I'm saying. First song, we do Money to Blow, Money to Blow from Rick Ross Car We do here. I am keep going. You know what I'm saying. Two chains, I'm run around on getting August. I've seen the hit Man. We do No Love feature Nicki Minaj. You know what I'm saying. Walker out the Blue man, Bro, I need you bro. Okay, he got hard in the paint. I give him no hands. You know what I'm saying. It's a photo shoot. First record men Gucci did, followed by I Think I Love Them and another whole thousand of records. Me and Gucci got about about a catalog of three four hundred records that's out and they ain't talking about the shit that we recorded.
Speaker 6: So would you say this all sparked after the Jez of Standing Ovation song?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, like that was like the beginning to everything.
Speaker 3: That was the standard.
Speaker 1: That's the first platinum plaque. So you know they're coming back.
Speaker 3: Do you even have all space for your I just bought.
Speaker 1: A whole another house, you know what I'm saying, Just.
Speaker 3: For see you're that flex Okay, so you have You're one of the rare producers that are that can talk to people who want to kill each other like you. You can. You literally have a relationship with people who have major beefs and you've never got in between. That isn't that difficult for you?
Speaker 1: It is? But what's different for me is that I was cool with these niggas when they was cool. Okay, So don't put me in the middle of what y'all got going on. They ain't got shit to do with me, you know what I'm saying, Like we keep this shit. Was it ever an awkward moment? Hell no, because I know how to move. I'm not over here click hopping. I ain't over here trying to hang with these niggas. Ain't over here trying to hang with these niggas. When I'm invited certain places where I need to host it even or do some business. Let me know what it is. You know what I'm saying. But these these I'm not claiming this shit. You know what I'm saying. I'm I'm I'm I make the beats, and you slick.
Speaker 3: Be knowing what it is. But you can't say nothing.
Speaker 1: It ain't nothing for me to say. I ain't got nothing to do. I don't give up, man, That's that's what you. You got that shit to handle. If you feel some way about this, man, it's up to you. How you handle your business, not up to me.
Speaker 2: And I like how you said you know you wasn't going around being clicked to click like you wasn't be like, hey, I'm making beats, you know with the so icy boys, so I'm so icy or you know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see teasing chain on it. I got drum squad, chain man, my chain biggest. These niggas changed, you know what I'm saying. And I had a big ass golden black motherfucking plaque by icebox Man. Shout out the mo weaking a drum squad?
Speaker 6: Do you have your own producers and artists under your Is that a label?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Producers, artists, soundwriters, musicians, you know what I'm saying. We just signed Cash Jay yesterday, New paperworking the building. Cash j one of the most incredible producers. Man, this kid got so much great music and we got hell of music together, like Chris Beats, north Side, beats by Avery H. Questionizer, you know what I'm saying, beats by every thirteen Questionizer nineteen. Like we got young boys and we got my boy, uh twenty four, my other boy twenty seven. Like, man, I like how.
Speaker 3: You do artists development with your weird artists. I think that lacks in this time. I think a lot of people want everything to be ready, and sometimes things can seem like they're ready because of a hit record and people gravitating towards the record. But I think from what I've seen, I see that you do a lot of artists development, which I think is dope, and I think that's lacking in the industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, man, Cuz you know, by the time you stopped fucking with an artist, he just found itself. And now you put in all of that work with this person in there and just watch him just take the fuck off, you know what I'm saying. I saw that with Young Blue. Young Blue was one of the first artists I had on the drum Squad, and the people who was behind him was like, did we out? You know what I mean, They just left. They had some differences. Da da Da da dah. Young Blue end up signing with Boosie, But the first song that got him his deal with Boosy was a song I produced called go Ahead. You know what I mean. If you go look at the video right now, you see drum Squad. The artwork got Drum Squad on it, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, Bam. It be certain situations where I was like, all right, I gotta start doing this for myself, you know what I mean, And Bam, spark Dog going crazy right now.
Speaker 6: Being that you started off with Yo Gotti and seeing how he is like kind of like taking over the game right now with his label and having all the Memphis artists, how do you feel about Memphis, you know, in their kind of resurgence and being in the forefront of hip hop.
Speaker 1: Now we've been pushing the flag forever, you know what I mean. Every picture, every photo, every moment, every interview. We're throwing up Memphis. You know what I'm saying. We shining that spotlight on a lot of those artists. I've been working with Glorella Man for seven eight years. You know what I mean, Little gloss Man, same situation. You've been working there for years. Oh yeah, I've been doing them like I'm cool with these folks, daddies and mamas, all got your family. You know what I'm saying. Money bags ze Bo and a couple other guys was first to tell me about money. You know what I'm saying. Ken Folk Thugs was popping at at one particular time with the record, bag it up and dump it and the whole time this song popping and doing what it's doing. All he doing is telling me about the next who coming up? Young dog Man, You gotta work with your dog man. You gotta work with my boy g Man. He would not let me live. You know what I'm saying, Like, you gotta work with yondg. I gotta video on my Instagram drummer Boy Fresh where dof rapped for me the first time and it's pinned like one of my pin posts. You know what I mean. But check that out.
Speaker 3: How did losing Dolph affect you, because I know it affected you.
Speaker 1: Man. It was It's like it felt like getting knocked out by Mike Tyson. You know what I'm saying. It's like you gotta find some way to pick yourself up, you know what I'm saying. Because this was like the homie like you know what I'm saying. Me and God it cool, you know what I mean. But the relationship I had with Dolph was just different. Like Dolph was more like Gucci. You know what I'm saying, some guy like you know, if I had to compare, I would say, got it more like Jezu. You know what I'm saying. They might be serious and in the studio and just you know, for the most part, keep a certain tone, you know what I mean. Doll for Gucci, silly as hell, cracking jokes. Mind what you want to eat? Drum what we're gonna eat today? Food? You know what I'm saying. Make we want the chicken out? Give me what you get. I want that old beezy bee man, Give me that a quarter. Chicky man, all white me man with the yams and maga chee. Yeah, I want it. Rocco, same way, just out going So for Rocco, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, said he got an album coming out. You believe that.
Speaker 1: He said he got three of them. I don't know what I got on any you know, I'm just glad he dropping music, you know what I'm saying. But uh, you know, me and Dolph was just he was just cool everywhere I was going. I introduced him in the two Chain, introduced him in the Gucci You know what I'm saying. Telling everybody, Man, I'm telling you, man, the next thing out of Memphis, off next nigga got of Memphis. Told ever everybody that you know what I mean. So there's a lot of niggas will tell you what songs you have with Dolph. First song I ever did with Dolf was Flay was Gonna Welcome to Doph World Flay Drama Ball on the track. Yeah, I paid a lot for that, Flay, you know what I'm saying. Like that was the first junt we did, and I was on every project after that.
Speaker 2: I feel like with Memphis, y'all have a lot of talent, but I feel like Memphis is just so divided.
Speaker 1: It's kind of weird, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like Atlanta is like all these artists in Atlanta, they all work together, you know, they kind of all came up together. Memphis is like y'all have a lot of artists, but I feel like it's just so divided.
Speaker 1: Because it's It's like I honestly felt like, Man, I got to figure out how to rebrand the city we love to hate, you know what I'm saying, because it would just always be that. So I dropped the project called Welcome to My City, Volume one, Volume two, Volume three, Volume four, which which is considered the unification process of Memphis, you know what I mean. That's why I got the Key to the City of Memphis and all that, and just doing what I can to bring guys together, to show positivity and to show that we can come together on certain shit. So you know, for the most part, you know, we've done a good job, you know what I'm saying. And I think it's you know, getting better and better, you know what I'm saying, as we you know, have taken our ls, you know what I mean. But at the same time, it's a lot of w's, It's a lot of wins, you know what I'm saying. God is showing an incredible example of unification and uplifting the city, you know what I'm saying. And Dolf was doing it too, you know what I mean, those are the two of the biggest.
Speaker 3: Do you think that they would have would have eventually settled their differences?
Speaker 1: Oh? I think the depth of the entourage just make it too difficult. They might not have been these two people, you know what I'm saying, because at the end of the day, you gotta look at it like like, look at the world, look at look at the presidents, look at the real gangsters and mobs and bosses. Man, at some point you're gonna have to sit down at the table with your enemy.
Speaker 3: I don't think, because I don't think. I never thought JZ and Gucci would have had that versus. Do you think that that could have eventually happened for them too?
Speaker 1: I think it could have, you know what I'm saying. In a certain way, I just think that, you know what I mean, It's different like if it was some bus, if it was a business discrepancy or some shit like that. At some point, you know, it's gonna eat away your soul, It's gonna eat away your conscience. You're gonna, you know, feel like Damn, I should forget his gal, you know what I mean? Damn da da dah, I did run off with his two hundred, or I did run off with his meal. Here you go, man with some on top one point five two men? You know, whatever the fuck? I think situations like that are a little easier to handle. But I think once a nigga lose respect for you, you know what I mean, it ain't no turning back, you know what I mean? So At, you know, whatever whatever happened, or you know, you show your hand and you show that you you bringing up something that might not have nothing to do with money or or or business, and you bringing up some personal shit. I think it just makes it difficult, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So you feel like the disc song was just kind of likes it went too personal.
Speaker 1: So I think once they go personal, is it ain't no turning back.
Speaker 2: The last question I want to ask was like, when I was talking about doing the split seet, what about the people like that your homeboys is in there and they give you an idea to throw a line out? Dude, those guys be one percentages on publishing and things of that nature. Sometimes, you know what I mean, even if it's one percent, two percent, you gave me a line, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You might have gave me a bar. You might get a point five or a or something, you know what I mean. And like I've seen guys with three percent make eight hundred thousand, So you know what I mean, I'd rather have a percentage of something than one hundred percent or nothing.
Speaker 5: To wrap it all up, How does your dad feel now?
Speaker 1: Oh? My dad feel great. Man. We just he just played clearing it on like twenty beats, you know what I'm saying, working and doing all kind of stuff. I'm trying to get him playing more jazz and by ear and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: He has embraced the hip hop.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he called me. I'm riding around.
Speaker 5: I'm getting Would y'all ever do a joint project together?
Speaker 1: Oh? Hell yeah? You know what I'm saying. Absolutely, we did twenty songs. I'm'a try to get him back down here to do another twenty songs. I just bought him a pro tools set up so he learned how to record on pro tools. Does and all that he recording right at the house.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm just so proud of your journey and you know all your accolades that you have, you have, you know, came through and done.
Speaker 3: You actually don't know this, but I first met you, I was at least in the agent of that apartment complex for real.
Speaker 1: Yep, for Rea just Movedanta snuck past me right there.
Speaker 3: So like I just had just moved to Atlanta. I ain't had no money, so I was like, let me let me work and live at the same place. And you had got an apartment for one of your artists. You put it, you put in your business. Now, I wass ad, that's crazy. Put that out. It's like, it's crazy thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: What that was? Apex aex? I can say that over there.
Speaker 3: I was listing agent over there.
Speaker 1: We was one of the first ones moving the I lived there for a minute and then band once I moved out, got another condo.
Speaker 3: And I was like, man, you had an artist. Was a girl artist I forget her name though from New Orleans. I forget her name, but it was a girl. I did your paperwork.
Speaker 1: Oh damn, what happened to her? She's still rapping? Uh, you know what I'm saying. She had a baby. I think she got married, had a baby a baby.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was her. She was short. She was short, remember that from New Orleans. Man did your paperwork? You said the world. You had all your ship in line too. I had did a little credit check everything. Everything's boo. You came. I remember you had a little Sheeta texts. I was like, damn, this is drummer boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's the drummer boy guy coming up?
Speaker 1: I'm working on my documentary Behind the Hits and the book coming out well for pre order on my birthday.
Speaker 5: And you have Beauty and the Beats.
Speaker 1: Absolutely Beauty and the Beasts podcast. Shout out to Jessica doing Ak a dime.
Speaker 3: I talked to you when you were finished doing your podcast. That's how I got you over here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah. So yeah we got another. She got a show coming out called The Mint. Y'all check that out on now that's TV. That's gonna be super cool.
Speaker 5: How did that come about? The Beauty and the Beast Me and.
Speaker 1: Don just been cool, like you know what I'm saying gangstabout. I always been like, man, y'all need to work together. Man need to work together. She's from Memphis. Her husband Sean Williams is like my niggas. So she was yeah, yeah, played for the Lakers, play for Miami Heat. Uh. He had a Memphis too, and he was, you know, spending money with me on a particular artist that end the getting locked up, and man, we always just kept a relationship going. Me and Dying Peace was talking on the phone. We had just did a couple of new records on her music, and we was like, man, what do we did the podcast together? And she was like, Man, I'm down, drum, I'm down. I was like, man, we'll kill that shit. So she was like, well, we're gonna call it. So I did a post on the Instagram like, man, me and Dying Peace do a podcast. What we're gonna college? And man, a lot of people was like, man, beauty in the beats, Beauty and the beats nice before we go.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's the camera right there. Can we get you and xatoven on this versus man or what.
Speaker 1: I've been waiting on it? Man, I'm doing a lot of work at ETP. He doing some work with me and did so you know what I'm saying, we working heavily. We already did this, I honestly on the be be on my you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But I want to see another one.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's go, man, Holland Swiss. You know what I'm saying, Timberland, what's up? What's happening? Man? Can we get the verses or what? Man? People? I think the people ready for about that?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, throughout all this time, were you in a relationship or did you ever find yourself married at a point?
Speaker 1: Never been married. I've been in and out of different relationships, you know what I mean. But you know it's it's it's like I've been owned since high school. So it's for me, it's always been hard to know who to trust and who who gonna really love you for this and who gonna you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Just being a ball player.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Like, man, that shit just get tricky, you know what I'm saying. And I was so like, this is my career, man, I'm focused on stoning in my name first and making a name for myself. And now I'm in a position man, turn in forty forty years of greatness. Birthday party coming up right August August eleven. You know what I'm saying. So, Man, I was talking to a dude. He was like, man, life really don't start to you fifty. You know what, so different people got their different you know what I'm saying. Perception, you know what I'm saying, or theory or whatever. So it just you know, I feel like I'm young as hell. Bro. I feel like I'm opening up a whole new chapter with the knowledge that I got the energy that I have, Like it's even more energy than I had then, and I'm moving more strategically. So is that your daughter with you, Na, that's my niece. That's insane, Okay, Selena.
Speaker 3: I do kids yourself?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Yeah, all the time is coming, you know what I'm saying. Kids, Yet I wouldn't have been able to do what I've done, you know what I'm saying, in a marriage or in a relationship and trying to divide myself. Anything I do, I'm gonna give it one hundred percent. So when I do go into that world in that chapter, I'm gonna give that one hundred percent. And I got enough producers under me now to work. I can still take over the game, finish and complete albums, do movie scores, things of that nature, and still have a person.
Speaker 3: I do want to say, and I do want to highlight your brother RP that insane way. I met him multiple times, great guy. When we lost him, I know that fucked you up. How are you able to? And from outside looking in, you did a great job maintaining yourself. But I didn't see you you you know, and I know you probably grieved in your own time if that happened. But I saw strength from you at a time where I was just like you know, and I know his daughter is here, so I'm not trying to get too emotional about it, but I had such a high regard for him. That shit fucked me up. But I was strong because I saw you were strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did you? They honestly made me strong, Like you know what I'm saying. My nephew, you know, knowing he was about to turn you know, eighteen at the time and she was turning sixteen, and you know what I mean, Devin and raving the older kids that he got, you know, he left folk grand babies, you know what I mean. So just being there for my mama, like, okay, whoa who mama gonna lean on? Who the kids gonna lean on? Who my brother's keeper? Like I gotta step up and do everything I can to be the rock. You know what I'm saying. I went straight to the studio and dropped the whole project my brother's keeper, you know what I'm saying, rap project, just to get some of my emotions out, you know what I mean, and kind of speak on certain things. Thatspired.
Speaker 3: Was that the therapeutic thing that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely you know what I'm saying. And it keep going. Man, Just seeing success in the family, you know what I mean, and doing everything that I know he want me to do, you know what I'm saying, or completing out his visions. Thank you for and that's very honorable.
Speaker 6: What are some of the some career mistakes that you've seen or made yourself throughout your whole time?
Speaker 1: Oh man, it might be getting behind in taxes, not taking tax money and putting that shit to the side. We first thing, we're going buying this Chaine cars, clothes, you know what I'm saying, Throwing ones in the strip club, all this shit. You might say thank you to the strippers before you say thank you to Uncle Sam, you know what I'm saying. And man, it's little things like that that at the end of the year when you see you owe seventy thousand or sixty or thirty or whatever it is. Man had it money to the side. You know what I'm saying, pay them taxes because you get behind. Now you're getting hit with extra five thousand dollar penalty, an extra ten thousan dollar penalty. Like the penalties are so harsh and heavy it don't even make sense. So you you should, you know, just pay that shit up up front, you know what I mean. You can even do estimated payments, you know what I'm saying, and pay quarterly. So at the end of the year you might not you might owe thirty, but you made fifteen thousand estimated payments. Okay, so now you just got fifteen left, so we make things a little easier. But outside of that, you know, I always been on the business. I always been on the split sheet's been on the publishing. You know what I'm saying. The best lawyers, and shout out squeak Man, the management that's always kept me grounded, having older guys around. Shout out to tr Terry Ross. We just did the All White with d Nice at Carnegie Hall. It's just been great to have adult management squad.
Speaker 4: We'll be right by stay tuned with more of the ball Or Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of All or Alert self.
Speaker 1: You know what's going on. This is drummer Board aka d Boy Fresh and you tuned in right here with me on the Ball of Alert Show. We beneficial.
Speaker 3: It is time for baller mail. Dear ball Alert. My lady is moving in with me, and it's eating me up inside that we didn't discuss how we are going to split the bills. What's the best way for me to say that? I'd want her to go half on the bills.
Speaker 5: Tell her you have the bills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that simple. Yeah, I got that, I got my hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you sound you sound like the young man. This sounds like y'all in college because you going to have this conversation before. You sound like you in the moving truckle you dm be, my boy. Sounds like you're already about to move here right now. I will say, if it's your crib, and it's already your crib, you already paying them bills, ain't you?
Speaker 1: But it sounds like they're they're moving into a new spot together. Yeah, that's what I thought. That's the gist that guy like they go get a new spot or something.
Speaker 3: Just communicate with a young man.
Speaker 5: That's what the relationship is about. Communication, honesty, be honest and say.
Speaker 1: That you and if you ain't can't do it, don't feel like you forced to do the shit like you know what I mean, if you ain't ready to be like man, I ain't you know, I don't think I'm ready to handle that move yet.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, and speak on that. Yeah, I would definitely say definitely be honest for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah cool.
Speaker 5: Before we get out of here, we got a pep talk with drummer Boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, this sul Wore Drumma Boy, akad Boy, fridsh Man and this pep talk with me. I would say, man, copyright your music, you know what I'm saying, before you sending it into anybody. You know what I mean, so they don't be stealing your ideas and whatnot. I preached it. Make sure you do a split sheet so you know who go to what you know what I'm saying, what percentage going where? You know what I'm saying, the name sign off on it. Okayen, all right, that's one fifty. That's the music side, and we got another twenty five percent twenty five percent. You wrote the diverse and we did the hook and whatnot, the gether and I did my verse. Man, we split that twenty five to twenty five. You know what I'm saying. Sign off it. That shows one hundred percent of the music where it goes. Bamn, everybody get their money?
Speaker 6: What does it take from the time you write the song to cut the check time?
Speaker 1: Usually it's generated after at least three months, so I think it's like two months, three months of it generating, and then depending on where it lands, you' gonna get more money when it's playing on radio.
Speaker 3: So that's why everybody wants their song on the radio, right, Not everybody got that radio budget.
Speaker 6: But although do you think that's so important with so many streaming services.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, radio it's still a lot of people listening in the cars. There's still a lot of people you're gonna touch. That's that's still a fan base of people that you're gonna you know what I mean, when you get to those areas and perform live, they know your words.
Speaker 3: If I'm wrong, radio gives a higher return because the streaming is not as much.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, streaming is like piss poor compared to radio, you know what I mean? So you want your stuff on TV on sync?
Speaker 6: Seeing radio and licensing is a very big moneymaker.
Speaker 1: Huge, I honestly, which is battling my safe I've made I've generated man at you know, at least twenty meal just on just the music side. But then, okay, man, I'm on my ass on the sink side. What's sinkin the light? TV placements? He got you? I just need a Hulu placement. I just did. I'm workwhill I can't even Okay, I'm working a couple of documentaries, movies and TV stuff like that. That's sink.
Speaker 5: How'd you get into that?
Speaker 1: I've always been in that, just from the orchestra side. So that's where that knowledge come back. Being able to compose and arrange and create things to match the emotion of what you can read notes and shit absolutely or.
Speaker 5: How does a person get into wanting?
Speaker 6: If if a Joe Blow wants to have his stuff in TV, how do they get into that?
Speaker 1: First? You got to practice and be good at what you do. So you could take a movie like I used to watch TV right and I could record no sound, turn the music on mute and record thirty seconds of something you're watching on TV right, and then you can take the MOV file and put it into your pro tools and make music to it. So you can make your own music to what you just recorded on your phone. Oh you crazy? That's great, And now you practice scoring to see when you watch it back, how does it make you feel? Does it feel like this music is in the right spot? And going back and forth and picking the right music in these different sections to make this shit feel if not better than what the music was originally.
Speaker 5: But how do they get it there?
Speaker 6: Do they upload it on a website or do they have to how relationships?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Going to scoring conventions, going to you know a lot of these events and meeting these people, you know what I mean. Or you can google how to submit for different sinc. And you'll find opportunities on Google where they might have submissions for this movie coming up in an email, or submissions for this movie coming up in an email and just tap in like you never know, but before you send those emails, make sure the you've made this copywritten. So now if they take something more, replace something more, use your shit and you ain't even know it. You can go back and sue because you're the copyright owner. You know what I mean, that piece of paper that they send you from the Library of Congress that stands up in court very well.
Speaker 4: Can't get enough of baller alert. Follow us on all social media platforms at baller alert holog on to baller alert dot com.