Speaker 1: Taking the truth.
Speaker 2: Man, we're here, let's get it. Man, got the live watch going, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pete, you're number fourteen all time of three is right, as it stands out.
Speaker 2: Was fourth when I retired.
Speaker 4: Four five Smoke Joe.
Speaker 3: Seven active players above you. They're still getting threes.
Speaker 2: That the right were going.
Speaker 1: They gonna push me to fifthieth. It's all good.
Speaker 2: P you on the list, though, baby on the list though.
Speaker 3: The All Star Game officially announces a new doormat.
Speaker 2: You say that I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Break down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's three teams, three team, three teams of eight.
Speaker 3: Players, so twenty four play, twenty four total All Stars, and then whoever wins between the Rising Stars game advances into a four team tournament, and then Chuck, Kenny, Shack, and Kanas Park are all draft eight players and then it's bracket style and then there's a target score for every game.
Speaker 1: It's forty four forty Yeah, I heard twenty points.
Speaker 3: So thoughts on just kind of that tournament and if you guys were to pick, Hey, I got eight guys I want to roll out on my team.
Speaker 4: Who do you got?
Speaker 2: Is it a so?
Speaker 5: Is it a first, second third kind of incentive type thing. There's money, but it's got to be a money incentive, right The winners get the first team get one hundred and twenty five thousand each.
Speaker 2: The first place, yes, and then second place is like seventy five and twenty five something like that. Yeah, but the thing is they going to forty. What I don't understand is like the way they shoot the three, a game could be over in like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to tell you though I don't.
Speaker 2: Know not either. Right if I'm feeling that, I'm not feeling I'm not feeling that.
Speaker 5: So you know what's hot right now? The NCAA tournament style. You feel me like that right there, I'm seeing them. They take over everything.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm feeling I need to see it too.
Speaker 5: Like, listen, if you're trying to be in this, the first game gonna be a get on. It ain't gonna be something just we coming a head for the fans, it's like, yeah, I'm trying to win.
Speaker 2: You're going to forty. So it's gonna be three three three.
Speaker 5: It ain't gonna be entertained. It's gonna be straight to it. It's gonna be straight to it.
Speaker 2: Ain't gonna be all the behind the back.
Speaker 1: I don't listen.
Speaker 5: Let me say something, bro, and this this I don't want to come up old fashion, but the beauty in All Star Weekend is to let your hair down, to be loose. You understand, like when you out there Jason Wibbs between the lags, behind the back elbow passes.
Speaker 2: But you know this is when you can.
Speaker 5: Get all that off, right. I don't know if you implement that, this makes it serious. Well, that's what they're trying to get to though, you know they want to. They want to go from like you can't make the All Star Game serious, man, It's gotta be some type of it.
Speaker 1: Just gotta be competitive.
Speaker 2: Can you can be competitive? Competitive? Bro, I ain't finelsh. They ain't being competitive last four or.
Speaker 5: No, listen, I ain't finna. Let you undulate to the to the basket. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like me yours was think about ours was like the first three cores was.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, the fourth quarter, let's get it. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm killing that.
Speaker 2: I don't know because but it just seemed like first, second, third, fourth quarter. It's just lacks of days ago. They they used to too frilly for me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, So, if you guys were to pick, hey, there's a team, there's a team ticket, there's a team.
Speaker 1: Truth.
Speaker 4: You guys both picked a play.
Speaker 2: We don't guys the all Stars, but you.
Speaker 4: Guys have an idea who you think the All Stars should be.
Speaker 2: So if I got to pick a players, you go first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and man and man.
Speaker 5: I'm going y'ah, Anthony Davis, mhm Antoupo Tatum.
Speaker 2: So far, I got y'all onto the coupo. Steph Curry, you're taking Steph. Yeah, I hear what you say, curryef Curry. He didn't like that one. He didn't like that.
Speaker 3: I had it.
Speaker 2: I had ready for that one. Ready that one.
Speaker 1: Give me bron ship, just how we're gonna get all the whistles, all right?
Speaker 5: So I got Steph yep, job, I got all guys who are gonna play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna play too, all right. Let me see, uh give me Jaylen Brown me Joker, he's not serious about this.
Speaker 1: You're gonna lose.
Speaker 2: He ain't serious about serious. Joker ain't serious about very serious. But Joker not he gonna be serious this one. No, not this one money every year.
Speaker 1: But he's serious. Let's go.
Speaker 5: No, you know what, joker, it's about time for him to get all start m v P two.
Speaker 2: So I got job.
Speaker 1: That's what six? Steph?
Speaker 2: And who I got that?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 2: Who is my fourth one?
Speaker 1: Who's your fourth?
Speaker 2: Jaylen Brown?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So now I got joker, it's your fifth? This is my fifth one. I'm gonna go KD. I'm gonna go KD. Who my square? Looking real?
Speaker 1: Give me cat?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so many mixed off the board.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: So now so now I got I got five, I got three more yep.
Speaker 2: So now we're gonna go.
Speaker 1: You need to drink.
Speaker 2: We get I need. I need a drink. Right on time, my dog, there you go, right on time. Hey, hey, my.
Speaker 5: Happy Holidays, my dollar day. We might even see what I'm saying. Christmas Tuesday.
Speaker 2: All right, So now I need do I want to go to the West or the east?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna keep it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep it in the west. Go ahead, damn, then give me lamellow ball cool, give me shame. How he went? He went? He went ten picks.
Speaker 1: Get some of that. I'm saying, you got to more.
Speaker 2: I got two more.
Speaker 5: All right, Damn I need another Uh right, Yeah, that's getting slim.
Speaker 2: Shady out here.
Speaker 1: You need a big bro, need a big let him let him cook.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna go. Uh Damn, ain't no big shoulda. Give me a bam.
Speaker 1: You got bam, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got bam.
Speaker 1: Give me big body man, all right, you got a big body?
Speaker 2: All right? So I got one more, got one more. Damn ain't nobody said Luca. And cause Luca don't be taking the All Star bro. You know what I'm saying. So my.
Speaker 1: Choice, so you can.
Speaker 5: See it right as so my last I'm gonna I'm gonna take Devin Booker. Devin Booker over Jalen Green over You'm saying, yeh, book book having a better year than Jaylen Green. Yeah, Pete, you know what I was thinking. Also, who's the coldest Jalen in the league? Thinking about it before you say it, don't don't be all the nineteen jalens in.
Speaker 2: The one in Atlanta cold, the one in okay See is cold, the one in Houston's cold. They all averaging, They all averaging. The dub in Boston. Boston is the best Jayleen. Janlon Brown is the best one. Jaylen Brown the best one. We gotta take him out of this big body. Damn body, big body got damn Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sixteen or thirty teams in the NBA have.
Speaker 2: Got a Jalen Jayleen and ok see a monster Dub.
Speaker 1: It's nice.
Speaker 2: Jalen Damn, that's crazy. Dub is nice.
Speaker 1: But Jaien Brown probably the best.
Speaker 2: Jayleen Brown, the best one. Jail he just scooped up every think you can't tell you.
Speaker 5: I was saying, let's pick, let's pick top five Jalens. Now you pick on five Jalen's I'll pick my.
Speaker 1: I'm going Jay Brown.
Speaker 2: No, no, no boy, I'm gonna go body.
Speaker 1: Fucking the one in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take okay see oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ah that's right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, that's my Yeah, Delish three, Yeah, Devilish three.
Speaker 1: I'm going Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Uh four, I'm going hold on, it's another Jalens.
Speaker 1: Yeah ja yeah said that?
Speaker 2: What you mean? You just took my hand?
Speaker 1: I had to hear it.
Speaker 2: Play your tearing up because I'm laughing.
Speaker 4: Ticket twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: What are some things that kind of stand out to you guys from the basketball year in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 1: You know what, man, it was a bunch of them.
Speaker 5: It was a bunch of stuff that I felt like in the game of basketball I had never I thought this year was some things I had never seen before.
Speaker 1: You know, Star Wars, Star Wars.
Speaker 5: Brown playing at a high level being forty plus, like like, that's that's unheard of. Anybody that's been forty or been thirty five and over understands what's going on, right Winby, the things Winby is doing at the five position to not only grow the position, but the sham guard from the post where like like, yeah, man, it's a bunch of things that, yeah, I think is growing the game and making the game a lot more stimulating at least from the savants and the guys that played it.
Speaker 2: And uh, that's all you can ask for, man, you can.
Speaker 5: You know, when you when you talk about recreating a wheel or bringing some value to something that's already established, that's very hard, man. And I think you know Steph, Steph's still playing at a high level. How he's traded the long ball, how the how the three is viewed? Oh oh yeah, I think we should say this too. On the side note, I heard that the three point line is going back.
Speaker 2: Us.
Speaker 5: What you mean, I heard that the three point line is going is going back some more. They're moving back.
Speaker 1: They're moving back some more.
Speaker 5: The three point line is moving and they're playing with like some rule changes, playing with some rule change.
Speaker 1: Which I think is going to help grow the game.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, you know, yeah, but man, I said that I did. Yeah, you did, you do something right, But uh no, No, it's like a couple of things that stand up.
Speaker 5: But man, it's been a dope year just creativity and just seeing things that we've seen in the game.
Speaker 2: The things that stood out was the transformation of the new generation taking over the league. We're seeing we said it last year, the shift in the guard. If you look right now, who's at the top? Okay, see Houston Memphis is your top three teams in the West, and of course we might be looking at the beginning of a set up the dynasty. It's just a changing of the guard for me because I'm seeing all the old heads. They still scrapping, but they holding on by little chit hears, you know what I'm saying. But they're still giving us, you know, lasting memories. You know that we can say we see Lebron at the age of thirty nine forty that we could say KD at the age of thirty five, still carrying the team. Steph still carrying the team, you know. But it's a changing of the guard, is changing his style.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: It's top of the new the new star said, thank you for fathers. We appreciate y'all. J'ah Moran, Anthony Edwards, Joker Tatum. They like, it's our league now. You know what I'm saying, it's our league now. Thanks guys, y'all, y'all cradle this, y'all, babysit at this. Y'all nurtured this for a long time.
Speaker 5: We appreciate that. We're ready now, were ready. They're ready to take the league. Pick two twenty five is about the new generation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's real. That's real, man.
Speaker 5: I wanted to shout out Greg Popovich, tell him man, he's in our prayers. Randy Moss one of my dear friends. He's in our prayers. Man, you fight man all support man for real and all the people that's going through cancer situations. We hear you and we're witch you feel me. Real talk certified. He didn't care straight.
Speaker 3: Up speaking of when you guys were going to games, you would game plan for players, but Popovich was that something you ever looked at how he coached, and you looked at playing the Spurs differently than other teams.
Speaker 5: If I'm being honest, man, all the Spurs team he coached took on his personality pop with hear you call the playout and then as an arrogance, called the same play like I'll be like yo. He called it five vice slice five bye schlice Tony.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm talking.
Speaker 2: About with me because you're playing against him and you know I only see him once.
Speaker 5: Yes, he was younger, he was vibrant, but he's chatty, he's talkative, he's not in times where you know they're playing some tough teams, he would actually give his team an edge or you know, get it, you know, light a.
Speaker 1: Fire under they ass man.
Speaker 2: But Papa was one of the ones. Man.
Speaker 5: You know, you talk about the great coaches of the of the league. Man talk about style, not just players, but getting getting guys that was foreign to come in and buy into a system that wasn't polished, that wasn't didn't have all the goods and glamor that LA and some of the other places had Now he got through guys.
Speaker 1: To believe and that's man. They won they want you know what I'm saying, They won't, and that's all. That's all that matters. Man.
Speaker 5: So he Papa will probably go down as one the greatest, as he should. But it's an influence on getting guys to play together and to lock in. Man, he don't get enough credit for his development. We don't talk enough about Tony Parker. Like Tony Parker's probably one of the most underrated, Manu.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Papa is one of the five best coaches at the facts up there, like there's the Big five. You got the big five coaches. The big five coaches are Red r back five, Phil Jackson, fact, pat Riley. Uh you put him four of Popavinch and then you you might have to start throwing Steve Kerr and all of that. Ye throw somebody from this generation doing it. So I think that's like the Big five coaches are all time. I mean, this is the this is the dynasties. This is all dynasties. The one sept the toe them is all dynasty coaches. Coach the dynasty. You ain't in the Big five, you know, what I'm saying. So think about pat Riley in the eighties, Dynasty, Red are back. We already know Phil Phil two Dynasties, Steve Kerr, Steve Kerr and Pop.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. That's the that's the five, that's the Big five.
Speaker 1: Went to the press room yesterday.
Speaker 2: Press last question Kevin sitting in the back left KG head of five with some shape still you go good.
Speaker 6: I want to ask you talk about Hartenstein and what he's atted to you guys' team this year. He's he's been amazing. Obviously, we lacked a little bit physicality in the past as a group, and he's been able to plug that hole.
Speaker 5: Immediately, you on the other side that it smelled like cameras and carpet in the motherfucker.
Speaker 1: You should do that for the finals this year. But that's it was funny as here.
Speaker 2: Hey, gotta be lit. You do it for All Star weekend and do it for final.
Speaker 5: This is funn is hell because gotta be lit because all the other writers are in there. Yeah yeah yeah, but you then acts is a way. But now listen what I'm saying. It's an understanding when you coming down. Yeah, like you know what I'm saying, we respect.
Speaker 2: Each other because remember that's what Jalen was doing. I know he was still playing though.
Speaker 1: When he was doing that, Rachel was telling me the rules of the press, rule the rules. What is it?
Speaker 5: You don't nothing disrespectful? Yeah, everybody's on the free in the cord of asking the question. But don't ask no dumb ass questions. That's gonna make the player like it's little my noos is in there.
Speaker 2: That you gotta know?
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 1: I found it super dope to be on this side of it, since I you know, I know what that side is. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But it was cool man, I got to ask my little question. I seen you with Greek free, Yeah, I said, what up to greet? I see Bobby Porters, I see see.
Speaker 2: This is what I'll be trying to tell you your influence like you didn't even know that, Like because when I heard Bobby Porter he said that, I didn't even know that. You know what I'm saying. That's why I was like, explain the wool, right, That's what I remember.
Speaker 5: I was telling you that, Like, damn, Pete, that's hard to see when you're going up against me.
Speaker 1: He trying to take your head. You know what I'm saying, right right, So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So when these guys coming up to me talking about A, B and C, I was just like, damn, yeah yeah, but yeah, it's all good man.
Speaker 1: I got to see anybody. But that was a great experience for me. Man.
Speaker 5: I threw the idea out there a long time ago, just to see how I do. And now, yeah, probably working around Livings the moment. You know what's so crazy about?
Speaker 2: You know, no listen, So look, I'm thinking about Cup championship, right, and so I thought about it last year when the Lakers play Indiana, I was like, I never felt like they was real contenders with this championship. You got two teams who probably could this could be a finals preview.
Speaker 1: This right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's real talk when I look at it, because you already know what OKAYC doing and then you can never count out. I take to Cooper and dang.
Speaker 1: Well, Milwaukee is playing better.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they're better, but when you look at the East Shoe outside of Boston, who else is you gonna say? Orlando if they get healthy, Cleveland? Okay, but they in the mix. They in the mix. He having an NB he back.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, he dominated. But Milwaukee gotta Milwaukee gotta get get like their team.
Speaker 2: Bro. They gotta get healthy. Healthy, Bro, you can't go through.
Speaker 1: The storm like this.
Speaker 5: They gotta upgrade that position. They gotta they gotta get a constant third in there. I told you, I told you I like Tobas Harris something like that. It's not the point where you can't even count on Chris right now because the injuries is adding up and it's like you don't know if he's gonna be in and out.
Speaker 2: Look, so you don't know, and then when the playoffs come, you already know, like the playoffs always come down. So when you look at this like a war, if you look at playoffs like a war, if you got casualties, you're gonna get killed.
Speaker 5: They haven't too many casualties. Who gonna who's gonna be able to, you know, lick their wounds and stay in the battle. Who gonna have the least casualties because it's gonna be casualties and you don't want it to be so tough.
Speaker 2: Heavy on Dame and uh, they need they need one more dude.
Speaker 1: I'm telling that's really what happened in the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Man, you had too much. He got hurt exactly.
Speaker 1: Let's get some Gary Pitts going baby.
Speaker 4: All right, let's do let's do a Christmas slate.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got a Christmas slate. Well, we got Christmas all right.
Speaker 4: So first up we got Spurs at.
Speaker 2: Knicks, Spurs at the Knicks.
Speaker 4: Next a half point favorite at the Knicks Spurs. What Spurs at the Garden at the Garden eight points, eight and a half points.
Speaker 2: I'm taking the points. I mean what you mean, that's a huge favorite. Give me the plus eight and a half Yeah, Nicks. Okay, we gotta we gotta start adding the points on this though, because it's a clear favorite.
Speaker 5: Car Anthony Town should be up for MVP talks too, straight up, he's been down.
Speaker 2: Putting up numbers straight definitely putting up numbers right.
Speaker 3: The next game we got on Christmas, Timberwolves at Mavericks, Mavericks two and a half point favorites at home.
Speaker 1: Timber Wolves at Mavericks.
Speaker 5: I don't like the teams this year. I'm not I'm putting my Timberlands in the closet. Give me the Timberwolve, I put my timberlands in the closet.
Speaker 2: The winner.
Speaker 4: Your mass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seventy six Ers at Celtics. Celtics nine and a half points.
Speaker 5: In the bus, saw Man, you already know. Give me, give me the green buzz Shaw. I'm taking the bus, saw Man.
Speaker 3: And then we got on Christmas. Lakers at Warriors, the ABC game. Warriors three and a half point favorites at home.
Speaker 1: Who do we got?
Speaker 5: Give me the Warriors at home. Bron Yeah, on Christmas. Ron on Christmas might seize the moment one more Christmas.
Speaker 2: This might be his last. This might be his last Christmas. He might have to put on the to it. Coming down to it.
Speaker 5: I think him and Curry gonna show out. I think they're definitely gonna show This might be broun last Christmas.
Speaker 2: I'll take that. I hate the late take the Lakers, but I take it. He just understand the moment.
Speaker 1: So I go the Warriors. Give me the war to take the Lakes, all right?
Speaker 4: So the last one on Christmas is Nuggets at Sons.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Nuggets at the Suns.
Speaker 4: The Sons are one and a half point favorites at home. Nuggets at Sons the night because the Nuggets.
Speaker 2: They don't got nobody that can guard that big boy.
Speaker 1: Hey on, nobody who that that guy?
Speaker 2: That guy.
Speaker 5: Merry Christmas, everybody, Happy New Year to everybody. Man, you guys be safe for the season. Man KG showed the five taking the truth. Man.
Speaker 2: We love y'all, Man Christmas, Happy New Year y'all.
Speaker 5: Words