Speaker 1: Coming up with a get loud podcasts. The draft is coming to the district. I cannot wait and we have draft picks. So we'll talk with Tom lugan Bill, Tom Luganville, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Recruiting in Scout and listen for ESPN A serious sex.
Speaker 1: Then we'll talk about the twenty twenty seven draft and emails voicemails.
Speaker 3: Yes, traveling Jay is bad bad.
Speaker 2: How do you know what everyone it is to get loud podcasts from anybody? See geek this summer see geek cash.
Speaker 1: You're taking to best live concerts in the DNB at Northwest Stadium See Geek the official primary take any partner of Northwest Stadium. Fred Smooth, Yes, linkins. We got Anna right over there waiting to hop in at anytime. How you doing, man, I'm feeling good. I'm smelling like Choco's from the weekend.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: We had barbecue, you know, and I'm glad we had the conversation about, you know, the barbecue because call me Neanderthal, called me a guy like to do it the the original way.
Speaker 3: People with gas grills. We'll never get along.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. This was definitely a hot time I've been in the comments.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, because it's true. Like I've had people say smooth, come to my barbecue, and I'd.
Speaker 4: Be like, I'm not doing anything, said yeah, I stopped through, and I stopped through it.
Speaker 3: I come in the backyard and my homewoy be like, yeah, man, come on through. I got the grill of going and it's a gas grill. I politely turn around, I say bye.
Speaker 2: And I leave and you never talk to them again.
Speaker 4: No, they can come to my house where I got the wood chips, I got the colds going, like I'm so deep in it.
Speaker 3: I would go seek out certain.
Speaker 4: Wood from like plum trees or fruit trees, pear trees, all really to really get that flavor going in there.
Speaker 3: So that's what we do down in Mississippi.
Speaker 4: Mississippi, I don't know why we don't get the prouce for barbecue. One of the best pieces of barbecue you ever eat, Mississippi.
Speaker 1: What if I invi you over for barbecue and then I pulled some some like hamburgers out of the microwave.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna eat it, Like I'd be like, just have mere beer miney you like I'm still here, Like I'm just I'm gonna come here for the state for thirty minutes because I know I don't want to eat the food, right like, so I'm not gonna say anything crazy. I'm just gonna be I might look at you a certain way. That's propane, so I'm giving you sickness. They propane. Yeah, man, propane.
Speaker 1: Look at this grill like, well, you know what here in the next couple of years, it might be some barbecues before the NFL draft?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? Twenty twenty seven on the National Mall.
Speaker 1: I wanted to say this came out of nowhere, but it felt right once we heard the stadium site possibly on the rfk's very close to happening, not official just yet.
Speaker 2: So this just all makes sense.
Speaker 3: No, it's just one thing at to another. We are coming back into the fold. It's best you can.
Speaker 4: The nation's capital has always been been one of the best places to host gigantic events like this, Like if anybody prepared for it, it's DC. DC is totally prepared for We got we got enough hotels between DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia. We got enough places for everybody to go to National Mall. It's used to holding dead amount of people. I'm gonna go out and see it right now. We're gonna break all the attendance records because we got too many major cities with major teams too close to us.
Speaker 2: They said, close to a million people.
Speaker 4: Maybe think about this. Let's not worry about California in the forty nine ers. Let's not worried about the Arizona Cardinals. You got the New York Giants.
Speaker 3: Market share with the Jets market driving four hours.
Speaker 4: You got Philadelphia driving two and a half hours. You got the Baltimore fans coming down forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: North Carolina's nowhere from here.
Speaker 4: You got so many football teams that's stuck in this hub right here. There's nowhere Pittsburgh nowhere from here. So at the end of the day, it's the perfect marriage. It's the perfect thing. I cannot wait. Not the only thing that will make that better. In twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 4: If they let the twenty sevens of the team do the second pick, which they should, which I woe to two seven. Brad Edward's water two seven, So we could walk out there together.
Speaker 3: Just imagine people out there and they Fred Schmooke comes out there.
Speaker 2: You do you that would be the loudest smooth you have.
Speaker 4: And guess what's gonna bleed into it? The Philly fans and the Cowboy fans in the New York Giants fans boo, and it's just gonna just electrify. They'll be able to hear that bull in Baltimore. Nothing would crank me up. You have to send out if you housing it and you're doing it at home, you got to send out some agitators. Oh yeah, you got to send the best agitators you ever had out there to really bring some life. And I would be privileged. I would be on.
Speaker 3: Your face like the joker like this.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I can already see your mind working. And the thing is, you got a couple of years to get ready.
Speaker 4: No, I don't need I hope it happy next sark and say you can do it now. It's just the energy. It's no energy is metched from an NFL crowd. And this NFL crowd is unlike any of the NFL crowd because they're not really there to go against each other. They're there at the party together. So it's it's this brotherhood of NFL fans. But then is The only time is the divide is when a draft pick is picked and it's in your division, so you're gonna boom them. But other than that, no, this is this is what the NFL been need right now.
Speaker 3: That backdrop with the Capitol, oh my god, and the monuments.
Speaker 2: You see the renderings.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can't beat that. Jinx man.
Speaker 4: Listen, all I know is I hope, I hope I make it to all the events.
Speaker 3: I should make it. I supposed to make it to that week because it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: A it's gonna be a tough week for you, a good way.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a very tough week for me.
Speaker 4: Like I will be challenged that week, right, I will be challenged personally, I just be and professionally.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm ready for it. I understand.
Speaker 4: That's why I say I need me and Brad Edwards two an interceptions in Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Let us do it.
Speaker 1: And you do want to love about it too? Is that Roger Goodell like he's he used to go to game an RFK. Yes, so he wants football in DC to be relevant. He wants the draft to be here. He wants to take them to be at the RFK site. So when the commissioner is on your side. Yes, obviously that's.
Speaker 2: A huge deal.
Speaker 4: He's been here twice in the last month for the stadium announcements, sitting in there, hardy heart hard by golly.
Speaker 3: Then he comes right back for the draft.
Speaker 4: With the biggest smile on his face. Back in the nation's capital. This is where everything belongs. Man, Listen, I cannot wait. I think it's the perfect venue to throw it at. And I think the football fans are gonna be blown away about how fun and accessible DC is, and they are like, we're gonna make this much revenue. I look at the small people. Do you know how much a uber driver is gonna make that week?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that week is gonna be crazy.
Speaker 3: First for you, mister uberman himself.
Speaker 2: You might not get to work, but I might not. Like what about me getting here, honey me?
Speaker 4: Now, I'm just saying, like, the small thing that people in DC are used to are gonna be hard to get.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be double everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be Stopbucks, I'm going to you want some coffee?
Speaker 4: Yeah, twenty people in that line at least, So every little minutia will be to the next level.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be one of them tired.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the people that live in the city gonna have to adjust more than the people that's visiting.
Speaker 1: And you know, people have different ideas about what DC is like. You need to be great for other people to come and actually experie it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because when people say DC, they never say water, right, they never say water. Well, we were sitting on a ton of it, right. Bolding is a big thing every Sunday, and say it.
Speaker 3: I'm usually bolden.
Speaker 2: I started to say, you'll roll up in Georgia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen for Toma. I'm usually on it. Do you know what that water gonna look like that weekend? How many people gonna be bringing their boats out?
Speaker 3: It's going to be insane. I cannot wait.
Speaker 2: How was Franklin Hall?
Speaker 3: Oh money?
Speaker 2: You gotta tell me others.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you're interested in the stadium news the very latest, you can get it at Commanders dot com slash new Stadium.
Speaker 2: So I watched the podcast, Yeah, I wasn't being there.
Speaker 4: First of all. It was a great podcast, great crowd, but we had some discrepancies going on scenes. Okay, you know, we were doing the show.
Speaker 5: Fred's feelings were hurt.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 5: He's not off the bench.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I thought I was Jamal Crawford. Yeah, I'm not all right.
Speaker 4: I'm being a start of my whole life. And see, we were supposed to set up the show for five. Okay, it's me Logan B Mitch Tanner BC.
Speaker 3: Okay. A couple of mics didn't work, so we had to rotate.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we were sitting over there on the bench while the other guy was starting the show off.
Speaker 3: And I'm over there talking to the logan like you used to this, ain't you? I like to start and in that thing. But isn't it?
Speaker 7: It was?
Speaker 4: It was very fun. We had fun, you know. We rag each other like that, so it was fun. It's always fun to get out there with the crowd, man and the people that support you. And sometimes I'm rather blown away and shocked about how many people tune in weekly to these shows, and people always telling me that's how I get through my job day just listening to y'all rend So I like how fan bases get to get this next level of entertainment when it comes to knowing stuff about their team.
Speaker 3: They don't have to tune into the national shows.
Speaker 4: That's gonna talk about your team three minutes, maybe only if something good or bad is happening.
Speaker 2: And they don't know the little nuances of the little things, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't know what goes on in the building.
Speaker 4: So I think for us to give them their information in them to give us how they feel back, you can't beat that.
Speaker 1: Plus, there's something about meeting fans and sometimes you get to put a name with it face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, most definitely, because they know your face, they know your voice, they know everything. So it's always good to get that hand shake, that hug, let them know that we're a family.
Speaker 3: We're a football family.
Speaker 2: It works.
Speaker 5: Guys, be sure to stay tuned because there will be more events coming up throughout the month. We can't say anything too much about that LOUD, but I know we have stuff in the works forget LOUD. I know there's stuff in the works for ccpods, So tune. There's a lot of.
Speaker 4: Fun and we got some more live events coming up. I than I already did five six football camps. We got at least fifteen more. Like we're in the community, we outside the Commander's outside.
Speaker 3: It ain't nothing. We ain't touching right now.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be exciting and also exciting on this show.
Speaker 1: Tom Louganville coming up here in a few minutes, so he'll talk about the Commander's draft picks. So let's do your hot ticket persentbody see Geek this summer. Sea Geek has your ticket to the best live concerts in the DNB at Northwest Stadium. Seekeek the official primary ticketing partner of Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 2: So Anna likes to peruse cddit well the youth.
Speaker 5: Which I'm a rudder for talking about, recommend praising, read it all the time for the record, I don't know if it's not healthy.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say I used to be.
Speaker 4: A big ready guy, but kind of you know, as you get older. Yeah, you don't want to all that noise.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of noise.
Speaker 3: You like everything to quiet down.
Speaker 4: Because the one thing about Reddy, it's meant to go back and forth like it's meant to challenge each other. Yeah, verbally, writing word is meant to be that stage.
Speaker 1: So you got to know what fight you're getting into. The fight usually goes you're making a point, I make a contraririon point. You don't like it, So here comes the insult like almost immediately, what's cool?
Speaker 4: You went to right, they ain't teaching nothing is this combative, But sometimes you need that help.
Speaker 3: They war going inside.
Speaker 5: You got to be careful. But I think something we found on Reddit. I found was this NFC East position rankings chart. Shout out to whoever made it. I don't know if you tuned into the podcast, but had to take a look. And the first thing I want to comment on, because we were talking about this in the office before we walked in, it was the wide receiver position group. Looks like the Cowboys are working on something with the Steelers. We're taping this on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's almost slily, it's our most complete.
Speaker 5: We think that position group we have Eagles, Commanders, Cowboys, giants. Do we think anything changes in that ranking?
Speaker 6: All? Right?
Speaker 4: When George Pickens and cd Lamb hookup, I think that's a good different core. Now you've got your tall rigs, one guy that can also get deep.
Speaker 3: You got Ceedee Lamb. Now, I think.
Speaker 4: When the numbers come at the end of the year, George Pickens numbers might be very similar to what he did in Pittsburgh, while cdee.
Speaker 3: Lamb number explodes. Yeah, because the double team gone. They can't double team him anymore, all right.
Speaker 4: And now I hear from Schadheimen that they want to run the ball more. So it's gonna be more play action, all right. So he gonna get his on the big plays. He gonna get his underneath Cede Lamb.
Speaker 1: Well, does that change because right here, at least in this reddit list, Yeah, he got Eagles number one receiving corps, which I get that.
Speaker 3: I get it. Super Bowl winners right, then you.
Speaker 1: Have us, then you have Dallas, but this is Dallas before George Pickens. You have the Cowboys getting pickings. Does that move them ahead? Other commanders are now?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Terry pro bowler, he d bow Ben a pro bowler, Ben, all pro. George Pickers never been a pro bowler, all pro.
Speaker 1: He said, three seasons. Some would say he's underachieved a little bit. Potential is there? Ceiling is there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Also he's a psychopathy.
Speaker 4: I caen say, the the person inside like the person inside.
Speaker 3: And we've seen this story before when it comes to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: Pittsburgh is ran so good from the top down, and Tumbley does such a good job. Kind of keeping people misfits in order.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing too, is that if any coach I feel like is equipped to handle any play that might be a misfit, moulcontent, it's Mike Thomas's Mike Thomas. So if the Steelers say, you know what, we don't want to do this anymore, how do you think that's going to play elsewhere?
Speaker 4: All right, let's go through some receivers that played at Pittsburgh that eventually left. I think it's only one that actually career went that way, and that's Plexico Burds.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 4: Now you look at the other guys that leave that got a little baggage their career because Pittsburgh is so stable, they don't usually blossom in other places. So you got to bring that in to perspective also. But is it good for DAK Yeah? Is it good for CD LAB Yeah? But I think it's contrarion, like you, what's your cup of tea? Because we're more closer to Philadelphia than we.
Speaker 3: Are the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: As a wide receiver, absolutely, yeah, So Terry and Debo compare more to those guys than they do to these.
Speaker 3: I think when you mix in the quarterback, we still stay at too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so yeah, yeah, I think if you mix in and say, you know what, well, who got the better quarterback?
Speaker 3: Since they so even we got the better pla.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see MacCaffrey step up to and be a guy who contributes to which he absolutely can.
Speaker 3: And don't forget we got lame, like we got some dudes.
Speaker 4: Dudes now in here, you know, like we have a chance to have a way around the group because we got to force multiplier. When you got to force multiply your quarterback, you don't need to have the best wide.
Speaker 3: Receiving in football.
Speaker 4: I always say, since Jerry Rice the best for our receiving, football ain't really one super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that's true.
Speaker 4: Well that just like I have this argument out of time with Logan about edge rushes.
Speaker 3: Okay, what would you rather have an edge ied D tackle dominant?
Speaker 1: I would say I bet Logan says as and you say to the tackle, Yeah.
Speaker 4: As a defensive player, think about it. What top three detac I mean, edge Russia has won the Super Bowl last fifteen.
Speaker 2: Years, bon Miller, that's it.
Speaker 4: Now, let's go D tackles Aaron Donald, Chris Jones, the shortest way to the quarterback is right there, right, And if I disrupt.
Speaker 3: In the middle, it takes longer to get around the edge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like if I got disrupted in the middle, I stopped the run game in the past game.
Speaker 2: The Eagles defensive line for the Jay call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like every time I look up. But guess who they had on the edge sweat. These guys are not top ten edge rushing. They just got paid, like because everybody got this misconception in their head. If you ain't got no edge, you got no pass rush. No give me interior pass rush, and I could dominate the game.
Speaker 1: When you look at tight end ring. Yeah, so they have zach Ertz ahead of Dallas Goddard. Gallard looks like he's going to resign with Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: You agree, I agree?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, And I know they got to make that is God to feel bad because I kind of pushed you out of town and you still establish yourself as the best tight end in NFC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they heard a little bit.
Speaker 4: But he did have more touchdown catches, more clutch catches, So yeah, I could see why they graded it. But me and you are shocked because.
Speaker 3: Of the youth.
Speaker 2: I think that's what it is more of anything else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because Dalla Godda is younger, you would think you would pick him, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like and Theo Johnson not a bad tight end in New York. Theo can play. So it's some guys there. But I'm not shocked about that, now I am. I wouldn't say I'm shocked, but think about this. Out of position them. Let's say, out of the number one spot, we got quarterback, we got tight end, we got linebacker, we got a head coach.
Speaker 3: There's more top spots than the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Who made this list. Uh, you not knocking him. I'm just saying, like you have to take that into account.
Speaker 4: No, tear maker. He might not be a Washington fan. Are you trying to say he's a Washington fan?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: We just found it.
Speaker 5: I fully pulled this from like I said, read it they You know, I think if you're looking at this, you're looking at it through the lens of a Commanders fan. Commander's fan, Eagles one super Bowl. I mean, if we're looking at quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: We got quarterback. We got the better quarterback. Now, then't think I running back.
Speaker 5: I think is the kind of no brainer.
Speaker 4: No, this is why I say this thing might be made by an equal fan that probably took a couple of votes from his homeboys.
Speaker 3: Homegirl. Check this out.
Speaker 4: Look at the second line, that's all Eagles. That means they just deeper than everybody. Like, think about it. At number two, they got the number two quarterback, they got the number two tighty end, They got the number two D line, which to me, they got the number one D line.
Speaker 3: We can we can debate that.
Speaker 5: Maybe are they I wonder if they're rating it on like individual players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they know it's the group.
Speaker 2: What about DQ had a Syriani.
Speaker 1: It's like you got the ring, you've been to two super Bowls, you got one, but also you're not as beloved by your play.
Speaker 3: Like it's like.
Speaker 4: It's something it's a love hate relationship. It feels like to me, the city will feel of death. You say we're gonna hold on to you as long as you win. It like it don't seem to It's like, if you're winning, all right, all right, but after this, we don't have your back no matter what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it don't feel like a marriage.
Speaker 2: He was chirping an Eagles fans at.
Speaker 3: The beginning of the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, and I understand why, like they hard on their own, but it seemed to be something you know, how you go out with a couple and they trying not to but they right, but then they yeah, then they turn around and say, yeah, we ain't never had a better happy six years and that, like I can't, so come on, come on, like no, So it seems to be a little tight marriage there. But everything else safety cornerback. I can't believe they gave Daly's the cornerback position. Is it because of Reveil?
Speaker 2: I guess Blaine.
Speaker 4: When you got Blad, you got digs, but they got cooping the Jean they got Quinn Mitchell, Quinn, you on Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Maybe they just saying that that is Cowboys veterans out.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing where I was like, am I not familiar enough with the Cowboys secondary?
Speaker 2: I feel like that should not be number.
Speaker 5: Maybe they felt like they needed to give the Cowboys fans.
Speaker 2: Saundy threw them a bone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I'm happy that.
Speaker 4: Was pretty much the only bone you could have threw them. But I can't say this their draft.
Speaker 2: You're really hot in their draft.
Speaker 4: I was so high on they draft, Like, I'm not gonna hate on lit Jerra litt Jerer can draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lit Jerer can draft. Now I give him that. Now he can draft some players.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see what you got saying, voicemail and email time. Give us a call seven or three seven, two six, seven, four one nine. Also, Washington, get loud at you melt come.
Speaker 5: Yes, Well, you guys will have to tell us what you think about this position rankings list. Like I said, I think, yeah, there's some things that can be disagreed upon.
Speaker 2: But well that's what the listener is interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what the listen is for. But they also tell you the NFC East is back. And I hate to tell people this.
Speaker 4: We are only good when all of us good. This is not one of those divisions that plays well when just one team is good. Like you can go back to the eighties, the nineties. We're all good at the same time. And that's right a iron.
Speaker 1: And man, that's when that's when the competition, that's when it's really excit.
Speaker 4: That's when this becomes what is always being And this the NFC East is a beast.
Speaker 5: Love it, love it, love it, love it. Well, moving on to a little bit more of a draft centered discussion. We got an email from a fan that said, Hey, Anna, Jenks and Fred, I hope everyone is doing well. I had a question for Fred. With his good cornerback eye, with the great coaching we have here now, could you see Trey emo is becoming the next Patrick Surtan the second. Thanks for your thought and if y'all ever need anything in the seven five seven, just let me know. Born and raised here so I know everything. And Jones email I be.
Speaker 4: En Richmond at dayre Green's golf tournament the weekend of the seventeenth and Monday the eighteenth, so I'll be close to the five seventy five.
Speaker 3: But uh, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, what a pots.
Speaker 3: That's tough. You don't do that to people like you know, it's almost.
Speaker 1: You're setting the bar, Like I understand that's the ideal, But when you're setting the bar as arguably the best in the game, that's a tough part.
Speaker 4: Say don't do that. Let him get in the mix first. Let's see him run with his teammates. Do we got talent? Is he long light pass? Certain?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the ingredients are there.
Speaker 4: They don't make it a big man just because you got two all beat patters in the seventh seed bunk.
Speaker 3: They do not make that a bit.
Speaker 2: This saw is not special.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make it a big mach because it looks the same. Right.
Speaker 4: So what I'm saying is when past certain came together, he was not the best corner he developed his way into that. Did he always have a high ceiling, Yes he did. Does Amos have a high ceiling? Yes he does. But let's not start there. Let's just try to make him number one a month's his draft, Piers, let's start there first, because you're talking about Travis Hunter, something we haven't seen since Dion Sanders. Right now you're talking about Will Johnson, who I thought shouldn't have failed in the draft.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised that we're both high on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's guys in this draft being I think he has a chance to be good, maybe great. That depends on how he focuses on his everyday practice compared to his everyday play like Ken Junior.
Speaker 3: Get it out of him? Yes he can. Is he a Joe Whit guy? Yes? He is? Now what we gonna he got a high floor. Let's see how fiut of this ceiling go?
Speaker 2: Do you have any voicemails.
Speaker 5: Yes, we do. Let me cue them up. We actually got quite a few this this time around, so we'll have to kind of rapid fire for the first. We're gonna we're gonna hit We're gonna hit three.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, let's go.
Speaker 5: Let's do this first voicemail. Oh sorry, a live stream. Let me know.
Speaker 3: It's time to go out after one day in college.
Speaker 2: That's so embarrassing.
Speaker 8: Hey, what's going on, James and Fred? My name is Dennis and I'm calling it all the way from Memphis, Tennessee, of your stumping grounds. Fred.
Speaker 6: Yes, uh, we have a crazy thought here.
Speaker 8: The kid we drifted in the sixth round, Cain Madrino for some crazy reason. Wait, he plays. He reminds me of Frank Gene from the Philadelphia Filthy Dumphia Eagles. Do you feel the same way the way they play? They seem similar with their playing styles. Well, that's all I really have to say, and that's it. Hell to the commanders.
Speaker 4: Yes, I had many fun days in old Memphis, ten Oh, I bet you, yes, old Memphis talking about barbecue, blues and music.
Speaker 2: We're got new podcast, off the record, Off.
Speaker 3: The record, Fred and jinks. Listen, he is. His athletic profile jumps off the page.
Speaker 1: Doesn't he seem like more he's built more like a strong safety.
Speaker 4: Yes, but he's rough enough to play live backer, and he's.
Speaker 3: Like he's an oddity.
Speaker 4: He's one of these dudes where I think they got him just so they could be a list star our position for by this hybrid linebacker hybrid safety position, because he can play shockingly.
Speaker 3: He fast enough to play the middle of the field if he wanted to.
Speaker 2: He was the fastest of the combody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fast than some safeties, some corners like his athletic pro me and me and Logan were watching the play where they throw this quick screen to the to the offensive left. He is rushing the passer from the opposite side. He stops rushing the pastor by the time this guy catches this screen, he has already be lying. By the time this dude gets two yards, he's peeling his cap.
Speaker 3: Damn, you don't see that he is.
Speaker 4: He's a Do you want to be a tad bit more physical, Yes, with to get that out of him.
Speaker 3: But do I think he can add to this team this year? I do.
Speaker 4: For some odd reason, I think they got a legit plan for him. They drafted him with a legit purpose. So yeah, I think he's gonna be a fan favorite.
Speaker 3: In no time.
Speaker 2: Anytime you add speed, I'm always a fan.
Speaker 3: Of that speed side screen. He's aggressive. He could do like this, he could he could do everything all three levels.
Speaker 4: He can cover in the back end, he could tackle like a linebacker.
Speaker 3: He can rush the passer. He can do pretty much everything you need to do.
Speaker 5: Love to hear that. All right, We ready for our next one?
Speaker 8: Hey, Fred Jenkson, And and how y'all doing? Is freend from Florida?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Great now?
Speaker 8: I was just wanting your input on a couple of guys. I was Johnny Newton and Kawhan Martin. Uh, because I'm I'm in Florida now, but I grew up.
Speaker 7: In Illinois, and uh, it was wondering what kind of impact those guys might have this year for us.
Speaker 8: Also a grilling idea of what we do. So for Champagne or Bannon the bubbly there in Illinois.
Speaker 7: Uh is we e barbacue bacon fork Burger's, Uh with some Country Bob sauce on it.
Speaker 8: Love y'all keep up the great show.
Speaker 5: Have you guys heard of country Bob sauce.
Speaker 3: He just made me hung up.
Speaker 5: It unded very good.
Speaker 3: He almost in at the show like a country bomb sauce.
Speaker 2: Listen, that's it around.
Speaker 3: That's probably made by a dude named Bob.
Speaker 4: That's all good, guess. But he was asking about Johnny Newton Kuwan Martin. I think Johnny knew gonna take that next step.
Speaker 2: Oh don't you think?
Speaker 1: Sober took him a while to get right because he had two years two injured.
Speaker 4: So anytime a player coming, That's why I was easy on Marshall Atlantimo. Anytime you injured, going to a new defense, and it's just gonna be a you're trying to maintain, you trying to survive. Now they're finna move past survival. They're finna try to dominate. And that's the thing.
Speaker 3: And Qun.
Speaker 4: I have been trying to figure out my match for Qun because Quan is one of them dudes. He just does everything good, like nothing is great, renaissance man. Everything good. You need me to tell I do that good? You need me to come out do that good? You want me down in the box, I do that good like and he gonna sacrifice every pound he got. Like the one thing we know Kwan ain't afraid of is contact. People don't understand last year, I think he was playing with two dislocated shoulders, right, but he's still.
Speaker 3: Running back interceptions against Detroit Lions. So I think we.
Speaker 4: Got something with kuwyn More like we got some with Corn. We got something with John Newton. Now it's time for them to take it all the way to the next level. Like he reminds me of a faster I can't say he is physical. Okay, maybe it's the number twenty that's throwing me out, but it's a little Brian Dawkins in crime more.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, it's a little Brian Dawks.
Speaker 4: Brian Dawkins he ruined my whole career every time we played the like I thought it was two Brian Dawkers out there.
Speaker 3: The first thing the set.
Speaker 4: Could play and he could really get down make plays and just just somebody that he brings a tempo he brings ain't good to the gether.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a like a football player.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: I remember the first time we went to the philadel w Stadium. He crowled out of the tunnel like Wolverine. I ain't never seen nothing like.
Speaker 5: Well, what's time to payson Bill's our guest is here.
Speaker 2: Oh, our guests here.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so we're gonna let's pay some bills really quickly and then we'll get ready to welcome in Tom.
Speaker 3: Lookim still paysoon bills.
Speaker 4: Mwaa. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life doesn't escape us. We dream of a place anywhere in the world, and then the blink of an eye, we're there.
Speaker 3: That's the one.
Speaker 4: The flight I had to do decide where to Dulles in the National Airport.
Speaker 3: Let your imagination sore.
Speaker 4: Book your adventure today at flight Dulles dot com. Slash none stop telling Fred sent.
Speaker 5: You well done. The Getload podcast is brought to you by BET three sixty five, official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with the Bet three sixty five app. Craft your own personalized bets up with parlay, access thousands of games with live streaming, place your back before the match or during the game. It's up to you. Download the bet three sixty five app today and join eighty million members worldwide. Age twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 2: Colorado University.
Speaker 1: Oh, still getting it done. And now, look, we were talking about these young guns. Let's talk about it even more with Tom Lougan Bill.
Speaker 2: Let's bring him in now.
Speaker 1: Scout and college football analysts for sirius XM and ESPN.
Speaker 2: You know Tom louganvill We've had him on the show before. You've seen him all over the place. Tom, First of all, thanks for being with us.
Speaker 1: And second of all, I just wanted to get sort of your general thought on the Commander's Draft as a whole before we ask about individual players.
Speaker 6: Well, listen, I think what's interesting is when you look at this draft, in these five selections, three of the five you would easily call college football journeyman. When you look at their path and how they developed and got from point A to point B, it's all about player development. And I think there is a really interesting background for these guys that probably made it a lot of fun for the personnel department to really dive deep and figure out. Okay, we've got three guys who are three time transfers that have all of these unique backgrounds and their development from let's just say an FCS program to playing in you know, the defunct Pact twelve, a group of five programs, and then all of a sudden starting with Alabama and old myths. You don't see a ton of that. You're gonna start seeing more of it. But for Washington, this was what their draft is all about.
Speaker 4: Tell them, do you feel that they want the people that have been through adversity?
Speaker 3: They didn't want.
Speaker 4: People that had been you know, to see it with spoon handed to them, because every time I look at these guys, even when I look at Cunney, it went always easy for Connely. Like the thing about it, I think they want guys that've been through the process, guys that haven't been through it like a lot, especially when they talk about team leaders and team cap is like that. Do you do you see the ingredients on what they say a command that he is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I think there's a little bit of a chip on the shoulder of each of these guys, you know, particularly the ones that have been well traveled. They're they're constantly trying to upgrade and get better and worked against better people, play against better level of competition. I mean Jacorey Krofsky Merritt starts off at Alabama, State of all places, yep, and then somehow somehow ends up to Mexico and then somehow ends up at Arizona. Well, that's three different levels of competition, So you know he can acclimate, you know he can adjust, and the jump in talent wasn't something that was problematic Sometimes for guys it is. You say the same thing about Jaylen Lane. He goes to Middle Tennessee, a Middle Tennessee state, ends up at Virginia Tech, and then Trey Amos Louisiana, Alabama and Ole miss. I think there's a hunger there that would be attracted to me if I'm a coach or I'm a scout. You know, and you're and you're working through player evaluation, you're asking a lot of why why did this guy go in the portal? Why did this happen? Why did that happen? And if you can start checking the boxes and feel good about those answers, you're you're in good shape. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I see what you saying, Tom, How does that affect your job?
Speaker 1: Because you see a guy in high school, maybe he goes to a smaller school. How does that translate to a different school, to a different conference.
Speaker 2: How has it changed the way you evaluate guys?
Speaker 3: Got to be harder.
Speaker 6: Well, the problem with player evaluation at the high school level is you're dealing with so many unknown variables, right, I mean, and oftentimes it starts when they're fourteen years old, all the way up to graduation and they move on to college. Well, you know, in the National Football League you essentially have unlimited resources to uncover every possible red flag that could lead you to making a fifty million dollar mistake, right yep. In player evaluation of the high school player on behalf of college staffs, you know, you can do the best that you can, but there are rules. You don't get unlimited time with them. You're oftentimes now with the transfer portal, image and likeness, you're having to deal with handlers and it can be involved in the process. And it's hard to be more difficult at the high school level because unfortunately now it's all about money.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 6: They don't see the bigger picture. There's no identity with the program they're signing with. The many instances, it's you're not gonna have loyalty, there's not going to be passion for that team, because you're looking at it sheerly as a monetary stepping stone, because a lot of these kids are going, well, if I'm not happy there, I'll just leave yea, you know, because we've given we've given them the out to not have to be accountable for anything, not have to hold up there under the bargain. And that's tough to build team culture around when you have a bunch of young people that are throwing a lot of money, probably aren't prepared for it, don't have the support structure to handle it or navigate it, And then what does that do? That leads to bad decisions, And that's the thing that's become really dangerous. And player evaluation of the younger player, whether it's high school or college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel you on there, Lupenberg.
Speaker 4: And when I look at this list that the AP combined, every player has something that you rarely get in the whole draft year. Like even when I got drafted, everybody from my draft players wasn't ready to play in ad to the team. When I look at this list of players, all five of these guys could help us win games this year, Like I think they can contribute to this team are we seeing the same thing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it's interesting. So I look at what's happened in the National Football League as the it's almost like it's come full circle.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: Ten years or so ago, everybody was saying, well, the running back position is devalued and everybody's going to the spread offense right, and now on defense, everybody said, well we got to get smaller, leaner, faster because the game's not played at a phone booth anymore. And now you look at how things have come back, and the running backs value has started to increase because people are now offensively saying, okay, well you're lighting the pants. On defense, yes you're fast, Yes you can run. Well, what happened if we line up in thirteen personnel and run the ball right at you, what are you going to do? And so you're seeing, you know, Baltimore has done this, Philadelphia's done this. I think a guy like to Corey krossky Merritt, because he's a pounder, he's a downhill runner, kind of fits that mentality of trying to reincorporate a power run game. So I think he brings potential value, especially in short yarded situations and the ability to just stick your nose in there and pound the rock. Listen, I think from a high profile perspective, when you take an offensive tackle, which is a premium position, in the first round, you're expecting that guy to contribute and play. You're expecting him to come in and not only be a factor, but you drafted him because you need an upgrade over what you currently have. And it's interesting too because Josh Connolly in this draft class for Washington, was the only high profile recruit of the entire group. The vast majority of these guys outside of Cain Madrona, who by the way, was a receiver he signed with UCL he wasn't a linebacker. So outside at hand, all of these guys were lightly to moderately recruited. Josh Connery was the only one that essentially went from you know, five star prospect coming out to actually developing into a first round draft dress. And when we first saw him he was six foot four, two hundred and sixty pounds, like you had to put rocks in his pockets and pour him full of water if you wanted to get anywhere near three hundred pounds. And so the development and the jump that he's made over the course of time has almost entirely been enhancing the physical God given talents he already had.
Speaker 2: Some One thing I keep hearing about Connelly, which I really like, is how.
Speaker 1: He really wants to absorb the game, and not just at his position, but at all the positions on offense. So that's a big part of any evil, which is the mental aspect.
Speaker 2: How much emphasis do you put on that one evaluating player huge?
Speaker 6: I think aptitude, the ability to process. When it's a quarterback position. You know, we talk about quarterbacks all the time and this arm strength and that height and that weight and this speed, and you know, can he change arm angles and this and that quarterback plays about two things. It's about decision making and accuracy. And so you have to evaluate I think decision making and the ability to process in every position across the board. Because things are happening to boom boom, boom boom thousand miles an hour, and even guys who are drafted in the first round or the sixth round, doesn't matter what it is, they're going to see an uptick in not only speed of the game, strength of the game. I mean, you're talking about the top zero point four percent of the people on this planet that actually play in the National Football League. I mean, that's the number is just minuscule. And so to me, I think the knowledge of the game, the theory of the game. If you're a Josh Connery and you want to understand, you know why the center's doing this and why the tight end's got to do that, then you're going to become a better football player just as a result of that. And so I think every time scouts and guys are going in and they're talking to a coach, they're talking to a player personnel guy, they're talking to the equipment manager or the athletic trainer. Does this guy make good decisions? Does he think things through? How does he handle himself? Is he the first guy in the building, is the last guy to stay? All of those sorts of things I think help uncover and identify red blacks. And then you as an organization, as with anything else, you need to decide do we want to run that risk? Is that a risk we're willing to take. Is this something we think we can fix if something pops up, and if not, we go on and we go on to the next guy in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I totally understand what you're saying.
Speaker 4: But I thought it was a brilliant move by Peters when he watched what the Eagles got going over there with Jalen Carter. When he's seeing Dunham and there as a rouque, go get drafted by the Dallas Cowboys. When you see a dual Carter, you mixing here with Dix the Lawrence, and you mixing like the Tripado. They got Brian Burns for them to take Conley right there. When I said back and look at this office of line. Now I see a pro bowler, all pro and Lerrman Tonks, so I see Coleman moving to the guard. He played well at Tacker. He gonna feel more protected it going. I got be honest, a pro bowl Synem and Sam cost me when Hilty is a pro bowler. So do you think with him combining with his line, they're gonna get the best out of him?
Speaker 6: I think that they. He will have to make a decision when he starts looking to his right and to his left for all of the reasons that you just labeled. He's gonna have no choice. He's either gonna sink or swim. He better rise to the occasion and be a dude, or he'll get out matched for the exact reasons that you just laid out right there, Because I think competition does breathe the best in in in teammates. And if you see the writing on the wall real quickly, you're gonna make one of one or two decisions. You're either gonna rise all right, or you're gonna fall back into the shadows. You look like Homer Simpson falling back into the into the the shrubbery there the wall and disappear. And I think that's why you spend so much time in player evaluation, studying petitive temperament, mental toughness, getting answers to those questions. What does a guy do if he gets beat? What does a guy do if he's having a bad day? How does he respond? How does he react? All of those things, Especially the higher the draft choice, the more glaring it becomes.
Speaker 1: Tom who is the guy regardless of team that maybe isn't a marquee college football name. It could be an Ashton gent dear Travis Hunter, someone outside of that that you think is gonna be a great pro.
Speaker 6: You know what, To be honest with you, it's you just mentioned Donovan Ezraku yeah, and I he's one of those guys that's not gonna check every measurable standard box.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: He's a little short, kind of has a little short arms, doesn't have the length that you maybe like. All that dude does is make plays. A just makes plays. He is a football playing dude. And sometimes you have to sit in the room with the rest of your group and say, guys, I know we want six or five minimum right, I know we want thirty four inch h minimum at this spot. But this guy is too good of a player to pass up. And I don't care that he can't. He doesn't have any of that stuff. I think he's got they a great young man. I think he's got the opportunity to be an absolute star. Couldn't believe he did. He dropped out of the out of the first round. That one really surprised me, to be honest with you. So I think he's one that just pops out to me, is going to be a ten year plus guy.
Speaker 4: Well, I feel like Cowboys knocked the draft out of out of the park because Chavone Revel is one of my favorite dbs. In his draft, I feel like he was a faster version of Richard Sherman. So when I looked at the Cowboys draft through and through, I feel like they actually, I don't want to get him, no problem, but I gotta give him problems.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say, Man, you're gonna have to buckle.
Speaker 3: Up to say reveal.
Speaker 4: I just thought once I looked at the complete draft, I was like, Oh, that's a draft right there. They got some dudes and they add him to a couple of more dudes that they already get.
Speaker 6: Yeah. No, I no, I agree with you, And I think you know it's the draft is always so fascinating to me because you do all of this work, right, You do all of this planning and the investigatory phase, and you're uncovering everything you possibly can, and statistically, the history of the draft will show you even with all of that hard work, you're probably gonna miss on fifty percent of everybody that's taken in the first round. I mean, think of think about that. And that's like one guy. Like we talk in recruiting, everybody says, oh, they're signing twenty five guys at the high school level and they're all seventeen years old, and there's gonna be they're hoping to hit on sixty percent, meaning they know they're going to miss on ten guys. Question is which ten are they? But when you look at it from this perspective, you're not talking about twenty five guys. You're talking about missing fifty percent of the time on one guy. Like That's that's fascinating to me, and it's why it's so hard, right, And to be honest with you, this is in everything in life, luck involved, right, and and you're gonna you're you're gonna make some of your own luck by the decisions that you make on guys. And I've I've long felt in personnel that if you see something that you think is an incorrectable problem, you better stay away from it. Don't let ego get involved, because if you think you can fix it and all this and that, and then you end up missing, and you did it knowingly, taking somebody that you had uncovered a previous issue on. And I think guys get so enamored or they get there, you know, we can get him in our in our culture and he's going to be fine and all those sorts of things, and the older they get, you ain't changing the stripes on the tiger Luken Barry.
Speaker 4: I cannot let you out of here by talking to it, sprinkling in a little superhero talking here, because you know.
Speaker 3: I love all right what you see.
Speaker 4: I love my Marvel and I just watched The Thunderboats aka The DGEs, and I thought it was great. They attacked mental health. They he really hit on some stuff. Marvel is bad. That's how I feel. And I'm a big James Gunn guy. I think he's in the Rebirth DC, the Superman movie looks out the while.
Speaker 3: Did you go see Thunderbolts?
Speaker 6: Okay? I saw Thunderbolts on Sunday. I loved it. I thought it had like a Guardians of the Galaxy feel. Yeah, nough enough enough humor, enough action, great special effect, but then it had heart too, like he cared about the characters. And to be honest with you, guys, I mean they've missed Disney and Marvel over the last like three to four outings have completely missed the mark, like they've got people disinterested. This movie is gonna get people back and interested. And I think what's really cool is it's kicking off the phase where you can tell they're gonna combine these guys with the Fantastic four. Then you're gonna have the vast majority of the Avengers returning the original Avengers and Robert Downey Dooingy Junior playing Doctor Doom. Like, how it doesn't get any better than that? Now, I got one beef with the new Superman deal.
Speaker 3: All right, what you got?
Speaker 6: How bad is that suit? I don't think the suit would come on?
Speaker 3: Man, No, this is what James's gone for.
Speaker 4: After that dark DC album We've had the last ten years the DC universe, they toned it down.
Speaker 3: It was very dark, very bleak.
Speaker 4: I think he wanted to bring that vibrant Superman back and Crypto coming back.
Speaker 6: I love the colors. I love the colors, but give me something form fitting. Man. It looks like it looks like what's his name in Guardian's a Galaxy of star Lord.
Speaker 2: It just looks like his.
Speaker 6: Suit with a cape and an S on it, and it's like all loose and baggy. But here's my theory. I have a theory, and if I end up being right on this, you guy's gonna have to have me back on I think because there's so little known about the movie, I'm not so sure that that suit isn't on purpose, and it's because he's kind of young and just becoming figuring it out. And I bet I think by the end of the movie he's gonna get a new suit. That's my theory. He's gonna get a suit that'll be tight in form fitting me. Why the hell go out and do all that work to look great to be in the Superman suit and then they put you in a baggy smock. What are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which just shout super I got this at Men's Warehouse.
Speaker 2: It was a great deal.
Speaker 6: I thought it went to TJ max Man it let itsels up a little lowersized Superman suit, But no, I love the colors. I think he's great. He should be really really good in this. And James Gunn makes great movies, right, I mean, when you really think about it. I trust him too. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: He's a scout and recruited analyst for ESPN and Serious Xcent. It is Tom Logan, Bill, Tom, great stuff, and thank you so much for the time were coming to.
Speaker 7: Anna Kayla akathe bomb dot com. Hey guys, it's traveling Jay, just checking in. And the last episode you had talked about possibly he wanted to hear more about some.
Speaker 8: Of the players.
Speaker 7: I've left the message I need to know a little bit more about this Connor the kid, So if you could get somebody from Oregon or whatever, let's find out a little bit more about him, that would be awesome. Also real stoked about the RFK site. I'm hoping that they can somehow incorporate the old stadium into the new stadium. I don't know how they would do that, maybe possibly using some of the debris or whatever. They'd have to turn a suck her down. But about that, and also I don't know. I don't know if I had told you or not. It's a special place for me because the last season in ninety six that they did on an RFK, actually my wife and I were my ex wife now we're married. On the fifty R line at RFK oh Te six. It was on a Saturday shoot. Talked to John kink Cook I think it was a grandson. I believe that was his name, and I got us. She got us there, so he wouldn't let us do it during the game because he was afraid that other people would want to do it and they would start an avalanche. But there was the Saturday before the game. I can't even remember if they played at home that weekend. But anyway, Uh, just on touch base with you guys. Still doing a great job as always, and we're still a kicking on this side of town. Also, one more time, Kansas City. I know Washington comes here, so I'm looking forward to going to that game. Never been to a game down there, and you know I haven't been there that long, so but we'll be touching basically all that too. All right, thanks guys, You know I love you, and nobody loves you like I do.
Speaker 4: Take care of I see why invested in the RFK. If you got married a stadium, you connected to this stadium, right, and.
Speaker 2: Then if you got a divorce, you hope it implodes.
Speaker 4: Yes, but but there's always a port of traveling Jay and his wife's.
Speaker 3: He's absolutely like even I got a chance to make traveling Jay's son.
Speaker 4: Up for a game, and I can only they failed. The little eerie that he was watching the Washington game, but he wasn't watching it in the stadium he got married in, Yeah, the one that he got connected to. So now I see why he want that little brick of conerstone.
Speaker 1: They should just keep a little something there like anything like just one.
Speaker 3: No, I say more bricks than just one.
Speaker 2: You know what they could do too.
Speaker 1: They can also like a few whatever, just a part of it, and then have some sort of shrine or something honoring the old stadium where they.
Speaker 3: Have an RFK wall.
Speaker 4: We can have a wall of bricks from the original RFK.
Speaker 3: Maybe two seats and yeah, maybe two.
Speaker 4: Seats in front of the something something, just to pay homage to that. Because if people, if they was letting people do this type stuff. Now see why they have the love affair with RFK that they do, because they not just mentally attached to it, They emotionally attached to their place. So now and now I'm starting to understand. Now I understand it's hollow ground because that's what we beat. Dalli said so many time to go to the super Bowl and all these memories there, but those are real memory, those are lifetime memories right there?
Speaker 3: Would you get married in a football statiud?
Speaker 4: Since since you finish, get married and I'm throwing your bachelor party.
Speaker 2: So much to unpack.
Speaker 5: Istherine is Catherine a Commander's fan.
Speaker 1: She is now, I mean Catherine never really had She went to College of Charleston and it's from South Carolina.
Speaker 2: But she doesn't really have used to be watching, so now all she has his commander stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Catherine is down with us. We know that for a fact. The question jinks you didn't answer.
Speaker 4: Would Catherine say yes to a football field marriage?
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not. I think we're getting married in Virginia.
Speaker 3: I think I've been saying even at the University of Charleston.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. I think fotball field is probably not the equation.
Speaker 3: Well, I think men don't ax enough.
Speaker 4: I think when it comes to marriage, the first thing we do is say, here, you handle it. And mostly the dudes that I know have xd for these different requests. They always have these themed marriages and they always last.
Speaker 3: So maybe we are.
Speaker 4: Lacking as men, not being proactive and saying, how about we do it somewhere different. How about we do it off the beating path. How about we don't do it at a church. How about we do it our way? Because traveling Jay did it dayweight and that's why they still together.
Speaker 2: Anna, you'll get married one day.
Speaker 1: What if your fiance says, honey, you work for the commanders.
Speaker 5: Great, I love the commanders I work for the commanders. But you don't want to get married where you work.
Speaker 4: No, you don't work at RK, you work at the practice facility.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I always saw myself getting married in Colorado. That's that would be more. But I would not be getting married out fulsome field. I wouldn't be getting married. I also understand. But if if, if the team is somehow instrumental in your love story, like it was for Traveling Jay and his now ex wife, but it was an instrumental part of their love story. And I think that's a I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Give you a scenario. Ana, Yes, your fiance is a naval guy.
Speaker 4: He's a naval guy, lieutenant captain whatever, all right, he wants to get married on air craft carry all right.
Speaker 1: I'm just I thought you were going to say Annapolis, and you're like craft.
Speaker 3: We've got a couple of shift there.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm just saying, I just want to I want to marry two things.
Speaker 5: Reception or the or the rehearsal.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: And then when you say I do f.
Speaker 5: Eighteen, it's fifty to fifty. It's got to be fifty to fifty. Both parties need to be in agreement. Both parties are in agreement that you're getting married at RFK Stadium. Go for it. That's amazing you do you. But I don't know if I'll be in agreement for that.
Speaker 4: Well I can say is a guy that got married traditionally, I'm not doing it traditionally No more. I'm going to do it like traveling Jay in the middle of a field somewhere.
Speaker 2: Are it would be just an actual field for you, Yes, just a.
Speaker 3: Feel of dreams.
Speaker 4: Like all I'm saying is the marriages that I have watched do it a little different.
Speaker 3: They stand to test of time. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Well, you got to do You got to do what's right for your relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what you got adapt whatever that is.
Speaker 5: And so for Jenks, that's not getting married out of football field. Yes, it's going with what Catherine wants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to get married in the box on the football filx. And you've been you've been speaking. But I just think you got to come up with different ways. No, when you say the invitation creativity, Like the first thing I do when somebody send me an invitation to win, I want to know the location, Okay, I want to know the thing. These are two things I need to know when I see it's conventional, I might make it, Man, I might not.
Speaker 5: I love it. I love it. Are you ready for our next next caller? Thanking and traveling jail?
Speaker 3: Also hearing from me you might get married at a seventy eleven? Who knows?
Speaker 2: And that's a big.
Speaker 9: Net himself, Michael Jagon And and how you doing, lady?
Speaker 3: Look y'all didn't do your homework?
Speaker 8: Are you supposed to go do the homework on the.
Speaker 7: Black helm, white jersey with a black pan?
Speaker 3: Say you didn't like it?
Speaker 7: Okay, it's cool.
Speaker 6: We're gonna move past it.
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 3: You ain't gotta like it at the time, but you like that?
Speaker 7: All gold twenty ft Karen talking about coming in thinking and whatnot.
Speaker 8: I'm not a fan at all.
Speaker 3: Good I just need to hear nor that.
Speaker 8: On one time to do a d dive on Jacobe Jones the drafted three and we got it. I didn't know, man, Man, you used to play for Alabama. Man, that boy looked nice.
Speaker 6: He looked nice.
Speaker 9: I know he was an undrave the creator when I've seen some of the players that little homework on him.
Speaker 6: Man, he looked pretty good.
Speaker 8: He looked pretty good.
Speaker 6: Man. If y'all do a little homework on him.
Speaker 3: Let hus know what you think.
Speaker 8: Appreciate y'all have a great one, great show, phenomenal.
Speaker 7: It's about time y'all got together and did something.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: Two of the most hilarious guys in the business doing it right now. Man, we appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Know, y'all be cool.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: The black and white uniform, like, I think he just was going against the grave, Jason. I think he just was saying, you know what, I'm gonna put the the most unobvious stuff together and see what happens.
Speaker 2: It's I guess we got to do homework.
Speaker 4: Don't talk about when he said it. I know all the uniforms in my head and I was like, what is he trying to match? So I was like, oh, he tried to take these black jerseys out of black pants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mission with the white top. By the way, Like, no, that ain't gonna work.
Speaker 4: Like there's no symmetry there, there's no And I can't believe he's shot down Bruno Mars fourteen carry go like do you know how they would look what they they just say? We had the gold healing right, just to go heal it literally, like on gold jerseys, on gold pants.
Speaker 3: Gold. What sucks.
Speaker 1: He's sticking so hard to white and black and you were sticking so like both you guys.
Speaker 3: Once again, Well, because I'm a I'm thinking color rush in my head.
Speaker 2: That's the second thing you started Twitter, the color rush.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: You should be getting paid for all.
Speaker 3: These yeah, get paid for none of them, none of them.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, we have one more voicemail and we'll hit the last topic and that'll be the show. Thank you everybody for leaving your voicemails this past week. You guys have so many awesome voicemails, and just keep leaving voicemails, sending us emails. It's so much fun. And you guys are involved, all right. And this one was from our friend Omar.
Speaker 7: Hello, smooth Jenks and.
Speaker 8: And happy Sunday.
Speaker 9: Hope you guys are fighting off these Sunday scary I wanted a call. I just read the report from Niki Jaballa.
Speaker 8: We're hosting a draft in two years, guys.
Speaker 9: I think it's in Pittsburgh next year. The draft will be in Washington, DC in twenty twenty seven. I'm curious to know your guys and thoughts about this. Have you guys ever attended the draft as a pan what's like? Is it just a bunch of standing around and anyways? I wonder if the prospect professor Logan Paulson has any input on this as well. I'm curious to hear your guys' thoughts and any you know, way too early predictions for what the twenty twenty seven draft will look like. I mean, do you think Arch Manning has come out that year?
Speaker 7: Curious?
Speaker 9: I think Ryan Williams and Jeremiah Smith might be in that draft too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's right, Jeremiah Smith, Ryan Williams the freshman femom.
Speaker 3: Oh Ryan Williams a player man, Jeremi Smith is a monster.
Speaker 4: I think Julio Jones mixed with Randy Moss or amazing Archman and you know a lot about that, don't you.
Speaker 3: Jin hook them down?
Speaker 2: Get that's our yet.
Speaker 3: I think Arch gonna be great, But I also think Arch is gonna stay forty years that Texas I.
Speaker 1: Think he says more than one. If Texas wins the national title this year, which is look Texan. Ohiose they are both co favorites for the national title and then I think he goes. But I think Arch is different, and we'll probably say a.
Speaker 3: Couple of years.
Speaker 4: I think Archer stay so that that twenty seven draft will be the draft of drafts, all right. So I think it's some freshman fee numbs in there that's playing right now, that's gonna be sophomores that'll be great. And the draft experience, yes, I have had it. I got friends that did it. It's the loudest, it's very stadium like, it's this constant.
Speaker 3: From what I hear. If you're sitting in the crowd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can hear nothing, right, But on the outside we can hear everything, right, So it's this constant crowd noise. And then it's these explosions all right. But it's like every fan base is waiting on there. They're shot yeah to do it. So it's like everybody's taking turns. And from what I hear, sometime you can hear the people making the calls. Sometime you can't.
Speaker 3: Cause it's dead loud.
Speaker 4: So the expirits is different, and it's it's longer than a football game.
Speaker 3: It's longer than anything you've been to.
Speaker 2: It goes on for days.
Speaker 3: When I say longer, Like they just say the first day that this five six hours.
Speaker 4: The second day start earlier than that, and the third day is a whole entire day. Like, so it's one of them things where it's not a sporting event, but it's kind of.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Also, DC is such a tourist city anyway, obviously, so we're built for it. And plus people will come and say, let's just make a trip like.
Speaker 2: Nothing against Green Bay.
Speaker 1: A lot of people wouldn't necessarily plan a trip to Green Bay outside of the draft, but you will for DC.
Speaker 4: That's without saying it's just like going to a Raiders game. People see Raiders on their shoulders, and this is more than this is a trip.
Speaker 3: DC gonna be the same thing.
Speaker 4: People will be going to the museums while they down there on the national Law, they will be going out to the water front.
Speaker 3: They will be doing all this stuff.
Speaker 4: So it won't be just draft centric like we have that to offer the one in Green Bay this year, no disrespect, it was only draft. Right, unless you're going to a Perkins in Wisconsin, it ain't too much you're doing out there. But people will get to take on the nation's capital in a different way, right, and they're going to see that the d m V is unique like no other cities in the world. All right, when they come, when they see all their water, the will probably be just the best because the football gods are shining on us right now.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be. This is what I say. This will be more than a draft. It'll be an adventure.
Speaker 2: There will be one person comes here and says, where's the closest Perkins.
Speaker 3: It is no Perkins.
Speaker 4: We got no Perkins for you, right, But we got some top notch restaurant, we got top notch people.
Speaker 3: It's a very clean city.
Speaker 4: It's more water than you think you ever see, and we got some uniquely nobody is hey, as we are, two states in the nation Capitol all together, we are to d m V.
Speaker 3: Nobody can compete with it.
Speaker 2: Amen, guys, can I talk to you about you can't take it?
Speaker 1: They have your ticket to the best live concerts in the d n V at Northwest Stadium. Seegeek makes it easy to catch world conquering tours at high watched performances from your favorite artists all summer freaking long. Sea Geek has the best seat, your seat for an unforgettable summer from Rock Royalty to rap superstars R and B the country find it all on Sea Geek, the official primary ticketing partner of Northwest Stadium summer concert season, officially starts with seak Geek.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I will be at the Kendred Lamar concert.
Speaker 2: What is that he's with?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be June. I think is it June?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's gonna be Jing' don't mark me on it, but it will be it at Northwest Stadium. Fritchmo will be there and I'm gonna I'm that's not all Drake fans to come on now too.
Speaker 3: You know, before we go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Abdul Carter, yeah, draft about the Giants out of Penn State. Yeah, first he asked for LT's number, which I thought my head was going to explode.
Speaker 2: And LT was like lost hair is the greatest defensive player of all time and.
Speaker 3: He ain't gonna hold his mouth right wrong, dude.
Speaker 2: He was like, thanks, but no thanks.
Speaker 3: It was gonna make your own Marke, go make your own way.
Speaker 2: And then Abduall Carter because you are eleven to Penn State.
Speaker 1: That's the thing of Penn State, asked Phil Simms, former Giants quarterback if.
Speaker 2: You could wear eleven? And I heard field, his family was like no, No.
Speaker 3: Was like because he go he go to thing.
Speaker 4: And that's why my Michael Irvin. I love Michael Irving for this reason. He enjoyed seeing eighty eight on the field on son. He enjoyed seeing people never can forget about uh, Michael Irvan because Cedee Lamb is winning eighty eight, Daviz Bryant.
Speaker 3: Will like eighty eight is still alive.
Speaker 4: I respect him so much for this, But he got the scariest thing because I had to really think about this. Let's say you a Hall of Fame player, Michael Jenkins. Okay, your number is number eleven.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right?
Speaker 4: A player calls and asks you this, and you call me and say, smooth, should I let him wear it? And I'm just the first thing I'm gonna say to you. You a Hall of Fame player, right, but you're a Hall of Fame player in your time? What happens if this dude outballs you?
Speaker 3: Now? Is that jersey his? Are you forgotten?
Speaker 9: Is it his?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Does that jersey now belong to? Sonny Jergis in the third? All right, it's no longer people will not identify you with that, all right. It's similar to this, Darren Greenware is twenty.
Speaker 2: Eight, So you're saying keep the number.
Speaker 4: I'm saying you gotta protect your legacy. You did too much to get to that level to just say here, all right, I just because.
Speaker 1: But also to someone who hasn't played a down or pro football, it's like, listen, Abdul Carter may be a great pro chance, he might not do anything.
Speaker 2: You might not get said about anyone.
Speaker 4: No, that's any player draft like all thirty two first round could crash, all right, But they go to big question that I think you have to ask yourself, like twenty three is Michael Jordan's number? A right Lebron woard But we still think about Mike, right, but what if he would have rolled there in Chicago? Oh hell no, I'm just saying if he Lebron makes me visibly, are not saying if Lebron would have wrote twenty three in Chicago right now, we will be having the biggest debate of our time like we already had, right, who's the goat?
Speaker 3: Well, they were like, no, the twenty three belong to Lebron.
Speaker 4: This generation gonna say that now me dirty old man like, uh, oh, Michael, nobody could do with Michael.
Speaker 2: Dirty of men like us, both of us, both of us.
Speaker 4: But do you see what I'm saying. Yes, Like it's a it's a clash of do you want to be remembered always? Uh? Would you rather see somebody else take pick up where the old man left off?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And also I feel like if you earn that honor, field to keep that.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing, especially especially with someone like lt Like even when I think of five to six, I don't just think five six football, or like I always think of Lawrence Taylor.
Speaker 3: Number fifty six is Lawrence Taylor? Like that's it, that's it right for generations that they didn't even see him play.
Speaker 2: That's like Jackie Robinson is forty two.
Speaker 4: You know, you know forty two years you understand simply when I say twelve, Who you thinking about Brady?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: What a Shader's wearing twelve?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: What if arch Man had come out and let's say something happened to the Patriots quarterback and he wants to wear twelve.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm the biggest start, you know.
Speaker 4: See that's say the first night he think about it, go to sleep and have a nightmare that my Patriots Jersey got.
Speaker 3: Manning on the back of instead of brain.
Speaker 2: That'd be sacrilege.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: It just but but you got to put that in the category for everybody. Yeah, like, just just the way it is, just how them guys gonna look at it. That's how Hall of Famer gonna look at it. They're going to want to be stubborn in that way.
Speaker 3: And I'm not mad. I'm not mad. I get that.
Speaker 2: That is it for the Get Loud Podcast Present in my seat, Geek. Got a great crew here, Taylor's in the back.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: Annas the Lonely Show with you Dad, it could have been.
Speaker 2: We'll check it out next week with us see su.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.