Speaker 1: All right, we have. We have been discussing sweaty ponytails, yes, and people who just don't give a fuck, and that includes missus Audrey Holbert. That we learned a whole lot about tonight that we're going to get into more in a second. But Robes, I asked on our trip to here to La, I just asked you who was your highlight or favorite person or person you reconnected with? And you immediately said a name. Who was it on our trip this trip to La? Who was it that you were so so happy to see?
Speaker 2: Kelly ben Simone.
Speaker 3: You know, we met her, I think it was about a year ago, and we immediately liked her. We I think we've reconnected a couple of times, and we always say we're going to get together. We lived probably ten fifteen minutes apart, and that's walking probably, yes, walking business. It's sad she's in Soho, I think, and we're not far away, and yet I think we always end up reconnecting out here in La on the West coast for whatever reason. But I just you know, she sent a sweet congratulatory note to us when we got engaged, when she found out and when we saw each other in person, it was like she's just got such a cool, grounding, beautiful, authentic energy about her.
Speaker 2: You could tell she's.
Speaker 3: Genuinely happy for us, and she's living her best life right now too. But I just loved I missed her, and I didn't realize how much I missed her until I actually Yeah, I got to hang with her tonight, and she just sent.
Speaker 2: Me a text.
Speaker 3: You know, so hopefully we will actually get together when we all get back to New York.
Speaker 1: So, yes, we have all spent the night together, and we are wrapping up the night as we're sitting here. You and I are sitting across a guess a kitchen bar from each other, in a couple of wicker.
Speaker 2: Seats, wicker barstool, in a well.
Speaker 1: How would you describe this old it's a little bungalow. It's a little bungalow.
Speaker 3: It's a feteite. Something is even in the name. So everything's miniature.
Speaker 1: Okay, So including our living room is doubling as a bedroom right now, because as we're recording this, there's a twelve year old is hoping we'd wrap this up soon.
Speaker 3: She's in a pull out couch, yes, looking at us like please, I would like to sleep.
Speaker 2: We know all been up for twenty three hours.
Speaker 1: Yes, all of us have been up. And I give her credit. She's always a good trooper and she's rolled with Daddy for a long time. So it's being knows the drill, and it's always is it tough for a kid? All of us. She's been around all these adults all day who have been what having wine and here's margarita and people have a late night. She has to deal with us, Yes, is it.
Speaker 3: From Yes, it's got to be annoying. Everyone else is having fun. Yes, I mean, look, she did get some candy, she got some good ease.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's your tree for staying up for twenty three hours, say as we candy.
Speaker 3: No, now the sugar she's crashing. We had more sugar than she did.
Speaker 1: Today, you know. But again to this, Yes, we come out here and it's fun and it's a bit of a reunion. But this is an iHeart is special to us. They entered and Amy Sugarman and Crew and Will Pearson. They came in and entered our lives and gave confidence and faith and trust and support to us at a time that was some of the darkest personally and professionally for us. So to sit here now after we've had this two plus year relationship and expanding relationship and growth, you know what, the jingle Ball is more than just a fun and a good time. It's really meaningful.
Speaker 2: It's family and it is a day.
Speaker 3: And I you know, it's funny you talk about that because I was in we have this fun little glamor room that they set up for us before we walked the red carpet, and Amy Sugarman, who you just mentioned, came in and I had told her that Sabine reminded us that this was our two year anniversary and she was like, oh my god, and she just went back to where we were two years ago, and she was reflecting on just how excited she was to have us. But I just wanted to let her know how grateful we were, not that they gave us a shot, but that they were enthusiastic. They were enthusiastic supporters of us. It wasn't just like, yeah, we'll let you, We'll see what you guys can do. They were like, we believe in you and at a time when we really needed to feel that, and it was just cool to have her kind of go back to that time two years ago and then talk about where we are now and how exciting it is all the new things that we're doing with iHeart. In fact, we got to meet our new co host. We'll bring that to you guys, I believe on Monday. But we have an announcement on Monday with the Amy and TJ Presents feed where we have someone who we are working with in the true crime genre of podcasts. So that'll be an announcement on Monday. But we got to meet her. We got to spend some time with her. It's just nice and cool to see old friends and meet new friends and continue to grow with a company who we believe in and who believed in us.
Speaker 1: You know, and it's cool and Unno, this is meaningful to you as well. But so many of the folks we saw today Sabine is with us, and they're saying hello to her again and reach out and giving her a hug. Right, that's just to see, I mean, it's work right all this time. That's one of the saddest things about leaving ABC the way we did like that was years of building friendships and relationships and things that were meaningful and to see now the work and the time and the effort we've put into where now Sabine is even a part of the family, and that way that those little gestures and those little things were meaningful. Look, we were expecting to have more fun in this podcast. I don't know why I took.
Speaker 2: A Now it's like deeply meaning.
Speaker 1: It wasn't supposed to be. Yeah, it's supposed to be a good time, and it has been a.
Speaker 2: Good times today.
Speaker 1: Starting with what we had, uh Maria Andretti as our uber driver taking us from our home.
Speaker 2: She did have a lead foot bait.
Speaker 1: We rarely get women as our uber drivers, and the one we get is like she was. She was on it, lying, she was flying.
Speaker 2: Yes, we got there very quickly.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever made it to JFK in thirty five minutes.
Speaker 1: That's how we did. That's how we started the day. Get on the plane, everybody, if you've ever flown, you have had the experience somebody sometimes a big guy go to sleep and he's snoring loudly, this liquid storing. This was I have never, in all of my years of flying, heard anything like this. Five and a half hour flight, he snored the entire time. He's sitting in front of sabine. Poor thing. He it was sound. Imagine Aquaman. He's snoring.
Speaker 2: He was drowning and storing at the same.
Speaker 1: He was drowning.
Speaker 4: So I knew that I needed to sleep on the plane, so I put the headphones on, thinking that that would drown out the drowning snoring.
Speaker 2: It did not.
Speaker 3: I actually had to turn on a movie and allow the movie to block out. And then when my movie ended, I woke up because I could hear him storing again. I had to go find another movie to block him out.
Speaker 1: Folks, just the worst snoring you've ever heard. Now, put a little liquid in it, what like it scheves you out. It was so disgusting. It was off. Okay, so we'll get here. We land. Everything's cool. We happened to be at a hotel that has no restaurant and no bar.
Speaker 2: That's so bad for us. That's no bueno for us.
Speaker 1: We did not pick this place, clearly, yes, but they are so sweet, they are so awesome. The guy wasn't hector at the front right, that was his night. Okay. We come in and he was the nicest guy, but he could tell when we said, wait a minute, there's no restaurant.
Speaker 3: Well, we just said so that means y'all don't have mimosas, right, just confirming that, he said.
Speaker 1: Oh no, sorry, we have breakfast baskets that we bring you. And we didn't complain. We just he was so nice and so sweet. So later you're in makeup, allright, hair makeup, I come by to say hello, room full of people. Who shows up? Hector and announcers to the room. I have a mimosa station set up for you, guys. He went out and this was very sweet, and maybe we should give them credit. I don't want to say that, but I want to give them credit because they took care of us Le Petite Pally here in Brentwood. Yeah, took very good care of us. Yes, it's a different type of place and it doesn't have all some of those amenities, but it has bungalows. It's cute, it's cool, and some of the best service you'll get. They were very and.
Speaker 3: It smells so good in here, Like I love the scent in here. Everything is so well appointed, it's so cute, and just the gesture that they made. We are people who are always out in terms of restaurants and hotels.
Speaker 2: And service is a really tough thing.
Speaker 3: You can have the most beautiful, well appointed place and the service sucks right this no, but how often we're like, man, this could be so great if, yes, the service were better. This place has top notched. And it wasn't just that they did it. They did it with pride. They did it with joy. They did it with smiles.
Speaker 1: On their eyes. They are very.
Speaker 3: Genuinely happy and excited to be a part of making or elevating someone's experience.
Speaker 2: It was really cool to see that they took pride in it.
Speaker 1: So yes, I shout out to Petite Palace. They were great. They also gave us a recommendations to where we could go to a grocery store because we need to grab a few things. Now. We had one of the This is a bizarre experience and our hope everyone you can check yourself. I don't understand this experience. We're walking down down the street to the store and we're about to cross the street at a crosswalk and I'm telling you, ropes, I'm trying to get it's fifty yards minimum that a car, a guy makes a U turn and he's about to come back in the direction we are in the crosswalk and we see him coming back and we just back back up. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, We had started to walk across because we saw that the traffic had cleared out and we were about to walk.
Speaker 2: When we see him start to make the U turns. We stop and we start to back up.
Speaker 1: But I cannot be clearer. We are nowhere, newhere this car. In fact, I think we had stepped probably back off the street before his car was fully turned around. But for whatever reason, this man, as he was passing us on the street at the intersection, as we're standing on the sidewalk, decides to gesture in such a way to the three of us.
Speaker 3: Right, So he throws up his hands and shakes his head at us and like, what are you idiots doing? He doesn't say that, but you know when someone throws up their hands like that and.
Speaker 2: Just shakes his head at us. He rolled down his window to do it.
Speaker 3: So we started laughing. We're like, wow, we're laughing. Why is he so mad at us?
Speaker 4: Like we were about to cross the street, we saw him do this crazy U turn.
Speaker 2: We backed out.
Speaker 1: Please know this is not a close call.
Speaker 3: Was We were so far away from him, So that's why when he was flailing his hands with us, acting like we were lunatics.
Speaker 2: It was funny. It was like, why is he so mad right now?
Speaker 1: So he turns onto the other street, which happens to be the street that we're walking down.
Speaker 2: Now we're now walking down on the same.
Speaker 1: Street, but he's on the other side. We're all going the same direction, so we see. I look, now, this is why I decided to be an asshole. I and I was laughing. Now he has his window down yelling at us. You said you heard I couldn't make out.
Speaker 2: He screamed. He said I could have hit y'all. I wanted to.
Speaker 3: I wanted, yes, He said I could have hit y'all if I wanted to say y'all, because we're in California. I could have hit you guys if I wanted to. But I didn't. And but he was honking the horn at us, like laying on the horn, saying this, and he was angry.
Speaker 2: He was angry, screaming.
Speaker 1: Medium between us as he's doing all this. So I go.
Speaker 2: So that's when he starts honking the horn. He got so mad.
Speaker 3: But I don't know because we didn't slow him down. It was not even it wasn't a close call. It wasn't a call at all. I don't know if in that moment and he needed to feel superior to somebody or maybe whatever made him do the U turn, he was in a certain state of mind. He needed somebody to throw blame or shade out. I don't know, but when you laugh at somebody, and we didn't mean to be laughing at him, We were laughing at his anger because it was so unwarranted.
Speaker 2: It was shocking, it was jarring.
Speaker 3: So but then that set him off even more, which became funnier because he was so far away from us, there's nothing.
Speaker 2: He could do. But it was like, why are you so angry? Like, we're just.
Speaker 3: We obviously don't have a vehicle, we're as a family walking to a grocery store. We're not Likedlum's like, why are you so angry at us?
Speaker 2: And that just became funny, which was his undoing.
Speaker 1: So that was our day. We set up our very fun day to get to our very fun night where I discovered a very new fun artist that we certainly saw some parallels to Taylor Swift, but she had much more of an edge. We'll explain all right, we can tell you here, folks, what has been our I guess two years? Aniver?
Speaker 2: Yeah, almost.
Speaker 5: Hus to stop right, an extended l P.
Speaker 1: Right, she's had a long, long day and she has not complained. She has been a good kid all day. So we'll be done in just a secon. Audrey Hogert, Yeah, I have it right, Hobert Hogert. Audrey Hogert. I had never heard the name before.
Speaker 2: Neither had I.
Speaker 3: And when she walked out, immediately she looked like Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: She had a it's so funny. We kept thinking.
Speaker 3: I definitely thought she came out in a trench coat, and I thought, oh, she's gonna rip the trench coat off. There's me some sexy outfit underneath. She's going to totally be this like tall, lanky Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 2: But no, she ended up. She kept it on, she kept her edge.
Speaker 3: She basically just had her hair up in a sweaty ponytail.
Speaker 2: She was working it so.
Speaker 1: She was, well, the rest of us, what is a sweaty pony.
Speaker 2: It's just this kind of a sloppy ponytail.
Speaker 3: She didn't brush, it wasn't stylized, it wasn't brushed.
Speaker 2: It wasn't hair spray. She just threw that up like she was about to.
Speaker 3: Go do a workout, and she was working it out on stage, so she was working up as we But it's just funny.
Speaker 2: She didn't it didn't look like she had any makeup on.
Speaker 3: She just got out there and was kind of funny and sarcastic and just she was different than anyone I had ever seen before.
Speaker 1: So we had never heard this name before this evening. I hadn't. Apparently she's put out her for Gracie Abrams, she's collaborated with on some stuff, and she's put out her first singles this year, so she's a brand, brand new artist. When they were teasing before she even came on, they had like a preview video kind of a tease, and I looked to I said, this girl's got good energy. I had no idea who she was, never she's got good energy. When she came out on stage, I leaned over, I think to both of y'all and said, oh, I'm gonna like this girl.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's exactly what you said.
Speaker 1: Oh and she I just liked her vibe and I'm a fan cool vibe.
Speaker 3: She has a great like I don't care if you like me or not. Here's what I'm doing, enjoy it or not.
Speaker 1: But I liked her. She's an unrefined Taylor Swift right and Edgie.
Speaker 2: Taylor's was Edgie.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a better way to put it. Yeah, but she was fun and I look forward to looking up her music. Now. I discovered last year was Monster. It was some K pop group. Oh, I like these guys. I always discover somebody. It's funny. That's why my Spotify wrapped age was twenty one and yours.
Speaker 2: Was sixty six. Thanks for winning, everybody.
Speaker 1: I stay current, you know.
Speaker 2: I you know what.
Speaker 3: I actually shudder to think what my age would be if I weren't with you, because probably any songs that I listened to that were current were because of you. Otherwise I would be completely stuck in the sixties and seventies.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: And yes, it does now make a lot more sense that when I looked at the lineup, I knew no one line up.
Speaker 2: I need to knew no one's name.
Speaker 3: Not one name stood out to me as oh yeah, I know who that is, or I could name a song they sing and that's yeah, that's a sign of the time.
Speaker 1: Did you only just know Alex Warren's music?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I didn't know his name.
Speaker 1: You didn't know his name?
Speaker 2: No, I did not know Alex Warren's name.
Speaker 1: No, he was obviously a okay, here it is Alex Warren. Yes, he started the night off. Then we had the K Pop Demon Hunters thing with Hunter X. I think it's okay. Leon Thomas was up tonight.
Speaker 3: And I kept telling you I did not know who he was, and turns out the song you said that I would absolutely know.
Speaker 2: You never heard before in my life.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm a dog, I'm a mutt. So yes, Jesse, Murph Jackson, Wang, Freya sky Renee Rap, Conan Gray, No, feed.
Speaker 2: You don't even know who that.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, good. I don't know any of it.
Speaker 1: But that's and that's cool. And I learned something. Zara Lawson has a song we like the kid Leroy. I at least know his name, but I don't know his music. But yeah, this was a different. Well, you learn something, you see something, and it's fun. It was. It's fun to see people on stage I've never heard of and look down and someone singing every lyric recording themselves enthusiastically. I got into some of the artists because by watching some of their fans and their energy. So this is always, this is good, This is always a fun night. And I guess I didn't mean for it to be so poignant, but this was. It was fun. And this is our two year anniversary episode.
Speaker 2: You know what's so cool?
Speaker 3: When we said yes that we were going to come to jingle Ball here in La, neither one of us put together that it was our two year anniversary. I think we would have maybe even thought about the day differently, gone about the day differently, recognizing it. But thank God's beans with us and reminded us, because honestly, I am actually so happy we were able to acknowledge it, recognize it and kind of just soak it all in.
Speaker 2: How far we've come.
Speaker 3: We can laugh about how we God, we started out putting one podcast to out a week, and you and I would just spend days like sweating it, like in these like feverish, like I don't even know if you want to call them brainstorming sessions, trying to figure out what the one podcast would be we churn out. Sometimes I think yesterday we put out five podcasts. Not that we want that to be the norm, but it will. No but to think that now, it's just we get it. We just we know, we know what we're doing. And I think it's just a cool reminder to anybody who's starting out or starting over or trying a new skill. It may seem so overwhelming and daunting and impossible in the beginning, but once you start, you just keep flexing that muscle, you just keep building that muscle. Suddenly, all of a sudden, you'll realize, oh wow, this actually is so easy, and it's funny how and you can see how far you've come. And that's what's cool about anniversaries. I do like them for that reason. You really can see how far you've come.
Speaker 1: Well, we've come a long way. And that was a fantastic dress this evening. By the way, my dear, I know you're excited about wearing that one. It was a very fun dress and you were right. It was fun, it was festive, it didn't get in the way too much.
Speaker 2: A little bit of a train that was kind of annoying on it.
Speaker 1: A couple of times. How are the feet?
Speaker 2: Oh you know what? I actually I had a new pair of shoes.
Speaker 3: I was nervous fet feel pretty dang good, but I've slipped into some new socks and now I feel wonderful new socks.
Speaker 1: Okay, where'd you get those new socks?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you told me I couldn't say it anymore. So we get to go through this little gift area for the Jigle Bowl. It's like kind of like a fun little you know, they give you free gifts, and on the it's the swag area.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I found a Christmas tree that had Ryan Seacrest socks on them, and so they kept calling them Ryan Seacrest socks, and so I grabbed a pair, and I kept telling you that I was putting on my Ryan Secret socks.
Speaker 2: And what did you.
Speaker 1: Say to me slipping into my Kim Kardashian underwear.
Speaker 4: You're like, if you keep calling your socks Ryan Seacrest socks, then I'm calling my skims underwear Kim card Yes, And I was like, okay, fair, I'm not going to call him that anymore.
Speaker 1: Ryan on your feet, you want Kim on my.
Speaker 2: So yes, I just have some really cozy socks.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, folks, We appreciate you. Yeah, really we're here, still churning, still kicking, and still growing with his iHeart family because apparently you're still listening, so we do appreciate you. Thank you as always for listening to us. We really do appreciate it. And for my dear Amy Robock, I am TJ. Holmes. We'll talk to the Allain built the k SHO put the patent