Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three sixty five, the best place to make your wagers. So what do you do and go? Sign up today for Bet three sixty five Bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets, but only when you use the promo code at Leading Off. That's what you want to do. Welsh is here. I'm here and it looks like our new friend, the Wheel is gonna be here. That's right, Wheel of Homer's is going to be here because Welsh went over over the weekend, which it's it's a tough it's a tough one, but I gotta say I was running for the Wheel and I got what I asked for.
Speaker 2: Well, we picked Corbyn Carrol, so we had a really good opportunity that we were going to go to the Wheel. But yep, worst home run call of all time, pretty bad betting weekend in general, ladies and gentlemen, Oh that was a pretty good ASMR. The knuckles cracking there and we're ready to turn the week around because Wolf and how else better to do it? Not with tireless analysis and breakdowns, No it's by randomly putting names on a wheel, spinning it and making that your choice. That is what we are doing later in the show today with the wheel of Homers.
Speaker 1: Well, we got some rookie lookye stuff today. It's gonna be really fun. We've got some good bets today too. I feel good about some of the things we're talking about. Also, I'm in a good mood because I've got this bad boy k My Montreal Expo shirt came in the mail this weekend, which I bought uh and I just I love the old school Montreal.
Speaker 2: Off the Instagram to do the Instagram and.
Speaker 1: In gute off the Instagram because they'll hack your account. I bought off a reputable place. But it came today, so I'm wearing it on the show today, representing the og Montreal. Still the weirdest baseball experience I've ever had in my entire life. Getting to see baseball and Olympic Stadium was crazy. There's no fans there, so people didn't clap, you know what they used to do These seats, so it's like one plastic kind of thing for your rear end and then like another free standing weird plastic thing for your back it was like a black rod that connected the two of them.
Speaker 2: It was the most you're describing like total recall.
Speaker 1: It's a very total recall, Stanley Kubrick. Almost sort of torture device. But my point is they rip your eyes open to like watch watch Vladimir Guerrero before he doesn't play here anymore.
Speaker 2: But is that the person the way?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sorry, you finished, and I'll ask you this question.
Speaker 1: Okay, So they didn't clap. They used to bang the seats, the plastic seats next to them because nobody was sitting next to anybody, and that's how they would make noise, like bang, bang, bang bang. It was the wildest thing, weird stuff. There was karaoke stuff going on. There were tribute bands, the weirdest tasting hot dogs. Upie cough medicine. Yes, up cough medicine. It was purchased. I did try it, and I'm sure it explains a lot of why I am the way I am today.
Speaker 2: So are you sure this is a baseball game that you were at?
Speaker 1: It was a baseball weekend. I went there with my cousin. They asked us, why are you coming to Canada? And I said, We're gonna see the expos and sure enough, there we go. Next thing, you know, the.
Speaker 2: Player you think of when you think of the old expos.
Speaker 1: Oh god, you know, that's a great question. Tim rains probably first. I still think Gary Carter, even though his Mets, Tim rains him. Andres Galaraga comes to mind, Dennis Martinez Presidente comes to mind. And then the later exposed like the Larry Walker into the you know, Delino Deshield's Marquise Grissom ninety four expos were really fun. And then later of course Bladdie, but that's.
Speaker 2: A bladdy is actually mine, like my my brain.
Speaker 1: Jose Andre Dawson or Andrea and Andrea Dawson, isn't she? I think she was the secretary for the the traveling secretary for the team. I think at one point. All right, let's get to the headlines here and let's start or traveling executive assistant. Is that what it's called?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Bobby Miller goes in the eel. Nobody nobody saw this coming. That was kind of a wacky thing that happened. MRI was clean, so that's good news. Five to seven days of rest and then we'll see what happens Welsh concerns about Bobby Miller real quick before we go to the next picture, working the way back from injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, I put them on the trade for video. So in the trade video we're talking about Bobby Miller and then wham, he gets hurt. Sure, any of these guys getting hurt is a concern. Any of these guys that are pumping really really high velocity and have got discrepancies with their secondaries. People have been making lists on Twitter and stuff of who are the next guys to fall Bobby Miller's he's one of those players that we're staring at that's like, oh, this might not get not not might not be great. But also it's a six man rotation team that is going to minimize some of the pictures. So yeah, it's it's a little bit more than concerning.
Speaker 1: I like all the old expos names or something there. But you know what, you get them cheaper now. If you made the you're making a trade off for Bobby Miller, maybe get him really cheap now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's something to get any picture on the IL, but like like it's risky, like how it is any guy that's on the aisle, even if you think they're like okay, like what are you really willing to unload? While they're on the il. We look at uh, Edward of Rodriguez, you know, ed Ward of Rodriguez. Diamondbacks kept being like, Oh, everything's gonna be cool, and he's ninety five percent blah blah blah, and then all of a sudden, another set back because of tightness, and he's sitting back down like it's just one little tiny thing. With a lot of these guys, I think it's a really tough effort to go and trade for any picture at this point. As a matter of fact, my trade video's coming out today or tomorrow. The short's already out there. I've got, I believe one picture on it and it's a sell, and I think it's gonna be hard pressed to be buying a lot of pictures right now.
Speaker 1: All right. Justin Verlander's shoulder had a rough rehab start this weekend. I don't know how much I care about that, except the fact he's forty one and he's coming off a shoulder issue. So those are the two things that have me a little worried about this. Outside of Christian Javier, the pitching has not been good. The Astros have not been good again. I'm trying not to get too crazy about this, but it is something where I'm a little concerned. I'm not gonna lie normally, I'll be like, whatever, it doesn't matter. Verlander's just working on stuff. It doesn't matter. He doesn't need to do it, but you know it does at the stage in his career at forty one. Bring me a little bit good news for the Padres. They got a w over the Dodgers. Jerks and Profar and Manny Bacchiado hitting homers in this one. Profar, what a hot start and still available in a lot of leagues in three, twenty one, four, five, thirty six slash, two homers, thirteen rebies in eighteen games. What do you make of this Profar start? I feel like we've been here before, Welsh and I don't want to waste any fab on it. But what do you think?
Speaker 2: I think it's a good streamable bat also ridiculous by the way, if you saw it this weekend, Gavin Stone had a perfect game and threw like inside and jerks and Profar was ready to get the benches to clear like he threw at him like Buddy he's got a perfect game going. It was an accident, and it's also a young pitcher. But you know, Jerks and Profar is the reason that the whole Tommy Fam situation didn't happen. If people saw the reports that John Hayman reported that Tommy Fam is like really close to signing with the White Sox. Well, that he's gonna go play there, that's just extending your career to whatever it is that is. But you know, the rumor was he was gonna lock in with the Padres. But not only has Jackson Merrill been so incredible hitting over three hundred, got to a leadoff spot this weekend, and the Profar has been really good as well, and it's been more than serviceable. So you know, Profar was a reason they moved away from Tommy Fam and any external options. But I think Profar is probably not more than like, hey, I'm down some outfielders, replaceable, burn and churn type of bat. I'm not trying to pick him up for a long term.
Speaker 1: Makes sense. I guess Fam too. They'll probably sign him and then they'll flip him in a couple of months. You know, that seems to be the Tommy Fam. You know story at least he'll probably go hit three.
Speaker 2: He'll probably go hit three for the White Sox early on, which is actually, you should go pick up Tommy Fam right now, just for that opportunity. And then you're right, he goes, and he goes and gets traded to you know, whoever the hell that's in the playoff contention of Cubs or something like that, and then becomes even more fantasy relevant. So it's a really good time to go pick him up.
Speaker 1: You know. The funny part about that is too, it's like you now understand why the Cole loss twenty four hour thing happened too. It's like, oh, we're just gonna go aside Tommy Fam Like, okay, that's a great move, White Sox. That makes a lot of sense. Michael Bush two for four with a homer. When a Welsh's favorite guy's going into the season, Welsh, I listened to you. I'm so happy I did. I got him cheap in my salary cap league. I think I got him for six bucks. I think in that three twenty seven, three ninety three, six ninety four slash and again still available in like thirty forty percent of leagues heading into this freakingsaction. I didn't see what the roster ship is after this weekend. It's probably more like eighty. But yesterday I did the TV and he was at I want to say, sixty four percent rostered, and I was just crazy, especially when you consider Josh Young out, Royce Lewis out, Michael Bush is just sitting there. I mean, I don't understand, but great call by. You want to give Welsh some love because he's not feeling happy because later we're going have to spin a wheel for Homer, so I want to pump you up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate that. I actually I will tell you this. He is one of the headlines of the video of the trade video that's coming out, and he's been awesome. So you say, what are you talking about? But the whole crux of it is like, I don't know, Well, I do know, based on the ownership still being what it is, based on someone in the Lucas just said, can I drop camon Aro for Bush? Bush is still available out there. So for Bush to still be available out there, that tells me a some leagues have not caught up. But also I don't think owners are caught up to what potentially could be the top one hundred value of Michael Bush this year. So I'm actually advocating for trading for a player that is already good because I think he can be a top one hundred guy this year. The hard hit numbers look good. He's getting the ball in the air, he's barreling. I think it was like seventeen percent last I look, everything is chalking up. It's a good environment for him to hit. I just don't think we've caught up to where the value is going to be. Sitting mixed nex to the rest of the season. I don't think he's going to stay at the tippy top of some of the stuff he's doing. But when he levels out and we look at the end of the year, it's gonna be like twenty five plus homers. He's gonna have good RBI and run numbers. Yes, you should pick him up. The canon Aro ones really interesting because Camanaro just came back from the IL last night and hit a homer in his first game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna get to that. I mean that was fast from the quad injury, which is Yeah, it is surprising. I was actually talking to somebody yesterday about Camonaro in the morning and I was like, ah, you know, I don't know, we'll probably have to wait on him, and all of a sudden, boom he's back and I was like, what was do a double take there?
Speaker 2: My problem with him has been like the Rays sending him down, not making the commitment. I just don't know how quick. Like remember that. It was like a week ago someone got mad at me for being like, you could probably drop Camonaro. They're like, that's bad advice, and it's like with duh, I love camon Aro, but if you don't have Camonaro until May, and there's really good options out there, like a Michael Bush, I think you can make that move because we just don't know how long we're going have to wait. But Camonaro will be a fab buster as far as as fab and number one waiver picks go. But Michael Bush is one of those players as well. So I am all for going to pick him up and uh and write it out and make maybe even go make some trades, but go listen to the video. I'll make an even bigger case for Michael Bush.
Speaker 1: That guy telling you, by the way, was me. The guy telling you you're stupid.
Speaker 2: We told you what.
Speaker 1: I disagreed with you at the time, and I disagree with you.
Speaker 2: I mean I still disagreed, like cutting Junior Cameronaro. But there's a lot of you guys have played like three bench leagues and stuff like that, and it's like, how long do you want to eat? Do you want to eat a month of of no production? That's kind of my argument. I'm not dropping him for like some someone.
Speaker 1: Asked me James Wood or Junior Caminaro? Who gets the major leagues first?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I think it's like both are June guys. End of June. I think.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say cam and Arrow. But I would not be shocked if like next week, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, he's been off the chart. Me ops, that's fourteen hundred. By the way, another Expo. I don't see anybody dropping yet in the chats of favorite expos, and there's been some good ones. Hubi Brooks, come on, Huby Brooks owned this logo back in the day.
Speaker 2: But Randy, by the way, my boy Randy, that's for his rookie car Randy with the expos.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine that organization had Randy Johnson and Pagro martinezn't it.
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, I think about that all the time.
Speaker 1: Also, like the I get what at one time, like you could look and be like what would have been had certain circumstances just kind of and look, Randy Johnson was a hot mess back then. You know, he couldn't throw strikes. They traded him and in Seattle it was a chance meeting with Nolan Ryan that turned everything around. That's a great story. It's there's a reel on it somewhere. I saw that. That's what you gotta say. Now you can't say, oh, was on TV. I saw a reel. Good luck trying to find it. But if you put Randy Johnson Nolan Ryan or something like that and they would go probably find it. But he talks about the chance meeting with Nolan Ryan and it changed his whole perspective about pitching and that was it, and that, I want to say, the next game or whatever it was they were facing, they were in a series, and that's how he got to talk to him. And he was with the Texas Rangers at the time, so the end of Nolan Ryan's career and that game he went out there, he had like ten strike coouts or something that was like the literal pivot point for the rest of his career. Wild stuff, man, could you imagine?
Speaker 2: That's cool?
Speaker 1: Good job by the schedule makers. All right, a couple of things here by low batch boy Corbin Carroll didn't hit any home runs really, but look he's hitting two thirty three, three thirty three obp a three seventeen slash one homer on the year. It's been rough for him, Christian and Carnassion Strand also been pretty rough. He's hitting a buck eighty five twenty strikeouts right now, just one walk. That's not good. He's still hitting in the three spot. So CS Corbyn Carroll, who are you buying on harder? I assume, Carol, But it's gonna cost you more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Strand still has some of the elements, you know, some of the hard hit numbers and stuff are getting there. But the swing and miss I don't know, man. The Corbyn Carroll stuff is this is gonna be the toughest one for me because it looks like garbage. But it is still so early. It is still very very early. It is April fifteenth. But he has been the most aggressive and I know last year you have that whole thing where he's like, I don't walk and he was hyper aggressive. There's a part of me which is like, we could get some reporter to ask like, is this a part of your game too early in the season, be hyper aggressive and back it down because I don't know what is he I'd have to see the numbers. Might swing it more for strikes than any player in baseball right now, but I think it's hard to gauge. I actually think his game is like so anomaly like that I don't know what we can pull from it, which is why he's just to buy. You gotta go on like talent in general, because his hard hit number is like twenty percent because he doesn't hit the ball and he doesn't hit it consistently. Is average EV's eighty two, but he's walking a ton, his barrel percentage is on target. His XBA is starting to kind of get together here. I think some people can argue that the shoulder might be something lingering. I think there's something that's going on with his process. But in the trade video, I have a huge name that you should go buy, and it's not corbyck Carroll. Corby Carrol would be another one of those if somebody is really really super frustrated, so yeah, you go and buy in him. But I will not lie that I'm not a little bit concerned with what he's putting out there, because there's a lot of bad in his game right now. I'm just hoping this is part of the process. I am just making excuses.
Speaker 1: A couple other fun expo names I haven't seen in the chat yet Ken Hill, John Wetland. There's some fun names too, guy ken Hill, that guy might.
Speaker 2: Good like mid nineties up. Like that's like where a lot of things registered to me.
Speaker 1: Right, well, but that's the difference. That's fine, right, some pitchers that big of an age, that big. But no, but but there's that game that gap too. Of like when I go to college and you know the begins you're in middle school. I think, yeah, because how it's very different. I am now the Big four to five.
Speaker 2: Oh it, you know, one week from today, I'm good. You do look great. One week from today, I'm going to be the Big four to one. So that's why we're not that old. But I don't know if I said on this show, but Verlander is the last bastion by the way of players that are older than me in baseball, so it's going to be very very.
Speaker 1: Oh that's why I did it so hard for Tom Bray to keep coming back to still playing football. I still felt very young. Luis Castillo goes to H to four. You have a three earned three runs, becuse me, two of them were earned this way. Just struck out nine guys twenty three swings and misses. Again, you know, it's a bad situation. Was an error, and then Michael Bush took advantage of it. Anybody who was sitting there with Luis Cassio, oh four, just hold tight, and anybody in your league that's panicking, go make a trade off or for them, please go go get Louis Castillo.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: In fact, now was the time I would double down on Cy Young stuff, because if he goes and continues to just rattle off and be awesome rest of the season, you know, nobody's gonna care about April. Nobod's gonna remember. And the number is bigger right now than it was when the season started.
Speaker 2: I'm actually not I don't hate that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: My big future bet in the al Cy Young was Cordin burns Now. I did it right after his first start. I don't look that great right now. He has done nothing to take hold of that award. It's open, and I don't think any of these four three four starts for the year have taken anybody out of that race, not even my George Kirby one, not Luis Castillo. So yeah, I mean I thought Castillo was getting back to his old self in this last start, so I don't hate that at all.
Speaker 1: By the way, right, let's get to some of the late boys. Blake Snell seven runs on six hits and four innings, Jordan Montgomery seven runs on three and two thurs innings in triple A and the rehab start or whatever, just ramp up start, what the hell we wanted to call it? So again as predicted struggles struggles in April for those guys, So not too surprising there. Hazels Lozzardo also struggled five runs five innings against the Braves. It was against the Braves. So if you want to buy low for the next good start that I'm sure is coming eventually, you can. Here's some fun stuff here. The Cubs have reached agreement with free agent right hander Julio teyrn so Tayarran got signed by the Mets. One start DFAD doesn't matter White Sox. As we mentioned earlier closing it on Tommy fam and Jose Abray, you Welsh over four. Now the average is sitting at one eleven. Let's go, here's what I'm really excited about. Well, two things. First, I'm excited to look how excited he is. Two for this Jackson, little Jackson Holiday is.
Speaker 2: So just what I did this weekend. I did something cool.
Speaker 1: I got my first big league hit. Oh boy, let's talk about that. Actually, let's start with that. Jackson Holliday got his first major league hit. How excited is he? Oh?
Speaker 2: Boys?
Speaker 1: So good?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And also, you know everyone was saying, who the hell is Joe talking about with his Jose Bhuto guy? Right, well, Jose the booty man, mister Butz himself nine strikeouts and six inns against the Royals who've been red hot. I picked him up everywhere because I don't think he's going anywhere in this rotation. I don't care what any pr is gonna tell you. I don't care. This guy's gonna stick around. I told you I watched him in the spring. Welsh, this guy is works quick attacks the strike zone. He's a bigger kid. He looks very confident. All the stuff that we talked about with George Kirby that was missing from that Kirby start, that's all the stuff that I saw in Jose Buto in spring, and I went, this guy's ready give it. I know Christian Scott's pitch very well too. I'm not trying to say I'm excited about the Mets, but I'm excited about Jose Buttou and I think that's an opportunity here where in your deeper leagues you're desperate for pitching stream this guy. I know the next matchup is probably not the best one for him. I think he's get the Dodgers this week. He gets somebody rough this week, all I know, but it doesn't matter. Get him on your roster. What'd you think of this nine shrike out before him? I mean, you beat Cole Reagan's out there, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the booty man looked pretty good. I watched a lot of this because I'm a big, fat, stupid idiot who took the under in Reagan's strikeouts, So I was watching that one. I don't know why I did that, but he looked great. I wish I had made a bet on Budo. His VLO was sitting right around ninety four. He had sixteen whiffs. He had more swinging whiffs than Cole Reagan's in the game. He had four plus on the fastball, slider and change up, an over fifty percent whiff rate on his slider and change up. And you know, his zone rates don't look great, but he was around the zone the whole time. It's pretty deceptive. I thought it was a pretty impressive outing. I don't know if it's enough to like hold Christian Scott at bay for a long time, but it's enough to give him more opportunity and pretty good strikeout option. I think it's streamable when he's not against the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although I think it depends on what Dodgers starter you're getting, because Bobby Miller ain't there. And just as long as they Tyler Glass, now we'll see. I think it was the Dodgers. And look here's Mike Mayor finally saying Andre Skolla rage. I said that at the beginning of the show.
Speaker 2: I mean, let me thanks for tuning in my Yeah, why.
Speaker 1: Don't you go make an appointment with on Dawson and see, uh that goes some other rookies. Mason Miller struck out all three guys. He was still on the waiver wire in my home league. Don't know how that happened. If somebody had to drop him last week and I just didn't notice, but I picked him up to holiday again. Congrats on the first tip of Mason Miller. Very good. Now Kylie McDaniel is going to get the call for the Mariners. Uh A guy speedster, I think is the way you know we could talk about him, uh slashing three oh eight, four oh four, six forty one with a pair of.
Speaker 2: Homer What's that you said? You said, McDaniels, I'm sorry, Kyler, excuse me if Kylie got called out by the Mariner's good for Kylie. Congratulations Kylie. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was reading Kylie McDaniel of ESPN reporting that Jonathan Jonathan class a. I'm sorry. I just I read it so fast, I got so excited. I know it's all good, it's all good. My apologies, but I still said Andres Galaraga. So Jonathan class which obviously was named by Tony Danza in UH in the eighties sitcom who's the boss. Jonathan Jenatin's gonna get called up. Jonathan's the speeds their. I know Kylie might be fast too. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think Kylie could probably put numbers.
Speaker 1: But here we go. What do you think about this call up for classe?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I love I actually love class folks.
Speaker 1: It's Monday.
Speaker 2: I know we have a little relationship because since the Complex League and Rookie Ball, he's been out there. Dude is just and we follow each other and Instagram and all that, and like he's continuously gotten biggers, continuously put up big stats. His problem has always been that it's a pretty big swing and miss in his game, which I think is lowered a bit this year. But he's a big old counting stats guy. He can run, he can hit for power. This is the type of guy that can put up video game type of numbers. I just don't know if he will do that from a consistent standpoint. But the Mariners offense, thanks, they're so bad, so I don't I don't blame them, or I'm not surprised that they would try to do something to infuse some offense into this. And I think this is the guy, so he might be worth checking out deeper leagues. I definitely think so twelve man, you probably hold off. I just don't know if he'll have enough playing time, but I will tell you if the contact is in play. This is a dude that's gonna be combo meals, you know, every other game. This is a Homer Stolen based type of guy. But I'm just worried about thirty five percent swinging misrates, so we'll watch for it. He's a speculative ad in like deeper twelve plus nothing lower.
Speaker 1: Also just throwing this out there too, when you're looking at some of these younger players. I mean, it is April, but I think you should be aggressive on some names here, especially look Seattle. Right now, I'm saying there collective by low as a team, Julio is doing his normal Julio stuff. I got looked at the career sixty games of Julio in April. Now we have sixty games of his career. I think he's hitting like two thirty in that span. He's got like an ops of six hundred.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean like through the first month or something.
Speaker 1: The first month. Yeah, his career number is in April.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, yeah, that is April headline is my trade video is who Yeah headline and I did this last year?
Speaker 1: Wit yeah, Kirby, Julio Hojre Palanko's done nothing Castillo for I know Castell had a good strike up day, but still people get bent out of shape. They say, oh for four, they start freaking out. Buy on the Mariners, folks, buy on the Mariners everywhere. All right, three up and three down, let's go through these real quick. Zach Gallon a really good Sunday for him, seven strikeouts and six innings, shut out baseball there of the Cardinals, which isn't that hard to do nowadays. Cole Reagan's we mentioned, look we're trolling them a little bit. He did go six innings, struck out eight, So that's solid for We'll take that. Who the thought. Jose Burrios is the port in the storm, the guy that you can count on every single week for good start seven shoutout endings for him, Yeah, with the Rockies. But still he's been really good.
Speaker 2: He had an under twenty percent k rate going into that game. I'm gonna actually almost put him on the like trade away video. Expected era x fit much higher than his actual numbers. His strikeout rate has been really low. It's been fine, but then you get a rocky start that just like inflates and makes all the numbers better. I don't know, just like pay attention to him. But yeah, he has been really good, but this was the strikeout performance and it takes the Rockies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree. All right, Three down here James Paxton Again, like I said, it depends well, but it depends on which Dodger pitcher's out there right now. Paxton was not good walking everybody eight walks at five innings. Nadie Valdi bad star for him, five runs, eight hits. He had been so good, so I was against the Astros were a good lineup. All right, we'll give him pass. But Michael Garcia two now zero for four, struck out three times against the Mets. He's now four for thirty six. Welsh, Are you worried he's gonna get dropped back to nine in the order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that is the next play for them. One hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Who becomes the one guy in that Royals order? Because I think everybody needs to know that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, but this is okay, but it's tricky because Salve just got hurt and the guy that they used to do this with was m J. Melndez. They like to put MJ. Melendez up at the leadoff spot and then have Bobby Witt go to Maybe that's what they do, maybe Lofton Lofton's been getting some other opportunities. I don't know so what they're gonna do, but the lineup gets a little bit more tricky. Case Salve got just like foot right in the inner thigh or whatever. And I think with Starling Marte in that game, so I don't know if he's gonna miss some time, so they may alter some of the lineup, but the likely situation is as Garcia struggles go to nine, I would say, my guts is MJ. Melendez would be the lead off guy.
Speaker 1: Well, see, Melendez is one of my guys too that i'd be selling high on because you look at his career strikeout right, and it's way higher than what you've seen so far. And I don't think he's changed his stripes necessarily. I think it's just been a good couple weeks, so the the regression is coming from him at some point. So that'll be really interesting to see if he goes up to the top of that order. Here's a question for Big Dance before we get to the injuries. Francisco Alvarez, Jonaheim, Logan O Hoppy? Who would rather have rest of season?
Speaker 2: Oh? I still say Hoppy? Yeah, it's Alvarez or a Hoppy somewhere in there. I mean, there's no offense that jumps out. Jonaheim has not been not been it. It's one of those two. I'm fine with Francisco Avers. I think the offensive upside is maybe a little bit bigger, a little bit more consistency with Logan O Hoppy.
Speaker 1: Here's one from Laser Sharp. Who would rather have Jung hu Lei, Colton Kowser or Lars newtpar.
Speaker 2: Colton Kowser, Colton Kowser lighting the world on fire?
Speaker 1: Sure is all right, Let's get to the injuries. Framber Valdez told reporters on Sunday that he's hoping to resume throwing on Tuesday, So that's good. Cody Bradford, who is singing the praises all week, he pops up with a lower back issue. He's on the I L. JD. Davis with a groin strain. Jameson ty On said he's gonna be back with the Cubs in his next start will be with the big club. But then here's another one too, Emitt Shehan of the Dodgers. Apparently things are not going well for him, so he's gonna stick on that il with that four arm issue. So another pitcher again, Walker Bueller, Clayton Kershaw, Emits Sheehan, Bobby Miller. You know, the one thing that can undo the Dodgers who are big, too big, I say, too big to fail is injuries, especially injuries to the pitching. And so far there's been a lot of them. Regardless, they're still you know, kicking ass and taking names because that lineup is so good.
Speaker 2: But at some point that does catch up with you.
Speaker 1: And if James Paxton keeps walking the ballpark, that's not going to help either.
Speaker 2: I completely agree. I'm surprised they haven't been in the market, but it's like, how many pictures if everyone was healthy, they wouldn't know what the hell to do with themselves. They've got so many pictures that are slanging around there. But yeah, it's probably something they're going to have to pay attention to to see if there's anything available on the market, because they are dropping like flies.
Speaker 1: I know everybody is super excited about what's coming soon is the Wheel of Homers. Welsh has the wheel, so stick with us, everybody. The wheel is going to be here. We're gonna spin the wheel. It's a very fun looking wheel. Welsh made it and is I don't know would you do this? This is on your weekend. This was your weekend project. You did your taxes and you made a wheel. Home runs. I love arts and CRAFLI. But before we get to the wheel, we got to get to the bets. So it's time, lazy and gentlemen for Mondays Best Bets of the Day with Joey P and the Welsh. It was a good Friday. Freddy Parolta came through for me. Let's go Freddy Pea. I told you, Freddie P you laugh at me when I said, look, I put money on Strider because it was too good not to put money on Strider. It was still very plus. But Freddy Prault was the other guy that I heavily invested in for Cy Young in the National League. So far Freddy p looks pretty good. But let's talk about today. Ronald Acunya is facing Spencer Araghetty of the Houston Astros. It is my favorite bet of the day. It's the bet we put on Social plus one seventy to go over half a stolen base. So Ronald Cooney's just got to get a steal. Ronald Cooney's gonna see five at bats in this game, maybe six if things break right. I'm telling you right now. With the way Araghetty's given out free passes, Ronald Cooney is gonna be on first base at some point and he's gonna turn it into a double order triple. Something's gonna happen there. So I love this one plus than money here one seventy. Oh, I love it. Cardinals minus one and a half on the run line plus one hundred against the Oakland A's Sonny Gray looked good in his return. I expect him to be good against Oakland today, even though it is a matchup where Oakland has played better. Oakland has more wins than the White Sox, which I just love. I think that's just the I think it's six and two. We're going into yesterday's action. I don't remember what it is now. I think it now. It's seven wins for the A's, two wins for the White Sox. I think something to that effect. I have to look at the stand, but anyway, I digress Mike Trout another good opportunity for him. Over one and a half total basis, you're getting plus one twenty five. This is one of the favorites on our prop bet cheat sheet over on betting pros dot com, which you should check out too. And of course make sure when you're making your wagers you're doing it over with our sponsor bet three six five bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you use the promo code leading off. So use the promo code, make your wagers, and if you're feeling really crazy today you want a little parlay action, Philly's money line minus two seventy five, Dodgers money line with glass Now on the hill minus three sixty and the Diamondbacks with Merle our Boy Merril Kelly on the mound minus one fifty two. Yeah, it's a lot of minus, but if you put the three of them together on the money line, you get plus one eighty eight for three outings for Nola, for glass Now and for Meryl Kelly that I think are gonna be locked. So let's go for that at plus one eighty eight. That is your parlay of the day. Welsh, what do you have for the people on the betting slate?
Speaker 2: All right, Kansas City, they've been good. I love me some Seth Lugo. They're gonna be against the Chicago White Sox, who have Nick Nastrini making his major league debut. Nothing against Estrini, he's actually pretty solid, but Seth Lugo pretty pretty good. White Sox so averaging just over one run per the first five innings, while the Royals are top ten in the league, averaging over three runs in the first five innings. So I am taking the Royals to be up by one run through the first five innings. You can get that at minus one ten. Kyle Schwarber. If I had a choice to make my home run call today, I would probably pick Kyle Schwarber up against Colorado and Cal Quantrill, who has got three homers in his career. So instead, I'm gonna go with the total basover Kyle Schwarber over one and a half total bases that's minus one ten, and then little Parley put together. You mentioned Sonny Gray, Well, give me the Cardinals money line. With sunny Gray and then the Dodgers to be up by one and a half runs. That is a plus one forty two parlay together. Those are my three that's of the day.
Speaker 1: There you have it, everybody, make sure you download the betting pros app Use that bad boy. It is spectacular. We've got NFL Draft coming around two. Those are the best bets of the day. And don't forget make all your bets at bet three sixty five with that promo code leading off now Welsh Lucky for me, I can pick whoever I want. Here's what the big board looks like for home runs. I have gone down to fifth. I am still tied for second. Though I'm fifth on the board, I'm tied for second. Still got eight Vlad Guerrero Junior that were giving away his bat. I tried to break him off his schneid because I'm the slumpbuster. I couldn't even help Vlad Guerrero Junr. So Vladdie, you're dead to me today. We're gonna move on. But by the way, folks, if you want to get involved with some other fun stuff, that Jose Ramirez autograph jersey is available for you. All you gotta do is drop your comments below is subscribe to Fantasy Bros. MLB. Yeah, and you could win this Jose Ramirez Jersey so Welsh without further ado, Here we go. Here is the big wheel. People are excited for the big wheel. I'm excited for the big wheel. Cousin Donnie can't wait for the big wheel. Here it is. Wheel of Homer is now off.
Speaker 2: Who are you picking?
Speaker 1: I picked Kyle Schwarber Scorning at eight a m. Eastern time because I saw the same numbers you did, and I said, well, let's lock up the schwar bombs. Mister wahwah himself. So Welsh, what do you have? Let's spin this wheel. Who's on the wheel?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so here's what you got. You've got Davis is on the wheel.
Speaker 1: Hurt we have is?
Speaker 2: Is he hurt?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Here, let's stay. Give me a different one because I want a couple of duds on this. Because we have Otani, Judge Trout, we have Jackson Holiday. Hey, everybody, We've got uh, Kyle Schwarber, Hovey Baiez, Bobby Wit Junior, O'Neil Cruz, and I had JD.
Speaker 1: Davis.
Speaker 2: Give me a different ridiculous name. Besides j D. Davis.
Speaker 1: Uh, we'll take it from the p Dust and Crackerjacks. First good name in there.
Speaker 2: Let's go give me like a bad name, like a not a good name of some a mid.
Speaker 1: Level player of replacement at best. That Toafer's wheel of Taters. There we go, Zach. All right, there we go, Zack Gehloff. There we go. There's the name Zach Gehloff is going to replace.
Speaker 2: Then we have one choice where its first comment after I spend this in the chat will be the home run call if we listen.
Speaker 1: That's why you watch on the YouTube channel, folks, this is why you're watching us. Subscribe to fans Rose MLB. All right, you ready, I'm ready, I'm here.
Speaker 2: We go.
Speaker 1: Too, of homers. Oh, I like the little sound effect, up up, up, up up. Oh, Mike Trout. It was almost Jackson Holiday. It's Mike Trout. The crowd goes wild. There we go.
Speaker 2: Mike Trout is the winner. I actually would have been pretty funny to go with, to go with our boy Jackson Holiday. But Mike travel, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I would have loved to have seen that. But there you have it, so hopefully this works. I love this. This is amazing. Uh, so I as much as I want now Mike Trout to hit all home run. Here's the question. If Mike Trout hits home run, do you stick with the wheel?
Speaker 2: This is in charge. I thought about one. The wheel did right, we moved back on. But here's the worry is like, what if I went week to week, the wheel might do better than I'm doing at this point. So I don't know, but we'll see, we'll figure it out. But today it's Mike Trout. The wheel has decided. It's no different than me making the choice at this point. But that's a pretty good one.
Speaker 1: Big Dan says, well, Trout's getting hurt today. Lol. There you go.
Speaker 2: The wheel doesn't do you wrong. Now, you guys don't understand the power of the wheel. You're about to learn the power of the wheel today. Everybody.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. I'm excited to be back tomorrow to see how my Trout did, how Schwarber did, and of course hang out with all the peanuts and the cracker Jacks. Happy Monday, everybody. Hope this brightens your Monday and you enjoyed the show. And of course don't forget to subscribe to fans Bros MLB and drop your comments below so you can win that Jose Ramirez jersey and go make your wages over at Bet three six'. Five use that promo code leading off when you. Do that'll do it for, us and the story of the game goes. On for The, Welsh I'm JOEY. P we'll see you next. Time kids go true.
Speaker 2: Out