Speaker 1: This is Suckers. I'm Bell, I'm Dean Bell, and I'm Jared han An.
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: What is going on? Everybody? Welcome to an all new episode of Suckers. It's almost too short to get suckers, so you can't, you know, like what it was help by.
Speaker 2: Now it's too short.
Speaker 1: Help we suck at be a newlyweds. But at least that way you can kind of like put some put some twangs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need more than two syllables.
Speaker 1: No, but we've complained enough about the name of this show, Suckers. We're sticking with it. We're suckers for Suckers, suckers for life, baby dared? What's going on over there in the back halls of the coffee shop.
Speaker 3: Staring at you know forms that we have hang out by, Serve Safe Certification, Department of Health Food Protection, you know, all stuff necessary to open a business.
Speaker 2: What do you guys?
Speaker 3: Rted, what are we reading?
Speaker 2: They still do the ratings like ABCD.
Speaker 3: No, they it's different in Rhode Island. I actually never knew that they did ratings until I saw the first two episodes of The Bear because people were telling me that I need to watch the show. So I tried watching. I really did try, and it's a great shows. It's a me problem with TV. Once I like watch something for like an hour and a half, two hours, I'm like, all right, you know, I'm done. But so I'm watching The Bear and in The Bear they get a C rating. And then I looked to Ashley and I'm like, well, I can tell the show's fake.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 3: That's not how the Health Department doesn't. She's like, what are you talking about? And I said, no, the health you know, the Health Department doesn't give letters like that. It's a grade, you know, there's not like an ABC. And then she's like, yes, they do. Like I walk back restaurants pass restaurants in New York all the time, and they you know, I see AA, if you see a B, you're like, oh, something's up with that. And if you see a C, you never go in. And then I was like, huh. So the last time we were in New York, I looked for it and I saw all the letters on the outside. I'm like, holy shit, they actually do do this, because in Rhode Island it's different. So we got a ninety one, which I guess would be considered an.
Speaker 1: So when he comes in to examine the restaurant, he like, once he's in there, he's like, hey, I'm the inspector. It's not like he's like a secret undercover customer.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, he just comes in. Or like my experience, they come in, they're like, hey, you know, this is your yearly thing to get your license, and they don't tell you when they're coming in because you have to pay a fee and then once you pay the feed, they can stop in like within the next two weeks.
Speaker 1: Whenever. There was this this Chinese food restaurant in Venice when I used to live there. Oh, that's one of my favorite stories. Uh with you remember Jackson, he's like one of my best friends. Yeah, the offician editor wedding. We lived together in Venice and there was this Chinese food restaurant like a block half a block away from our house and we would go there probably like twice a week. He was called Tasty Goody, and so we always look at each other it'd be like, tasty Goodie, Yeah, why not go, you go, You spend eight dollars, you get a pound and a half of food. You know, like an awesome, awesome situation. Like that, and we would go there for like a month, and then we go there one week and the food rating goes from an A to a B and we're like, oh, that's that's not very good. But we keep going twice a week for like probably three more weeks or another you know, full month, and then we go there one more time, food ratings down to a SEA. We're like, oh, that's that's not good, but hey, food still still delicious food. So we went there for about another month, and then we go back one more month or like the next week, and the entire restaurant is closed down and it's not there anymore. But they ended up rebranding it into like a Vietnamese fa restaurant and it was even better that time around, and it was the same owners. But it was just funny to watch, like the food rating go down every single time we went there.
Speaker 2: Basically it's like your shutdown, the.
Speaker 1: Food is getting better.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, Like I totally believe in like sanitations. What is it, I guess would it be sanitation, but like standards for cleanliness in a restaurant. Obviously that's super important, but there's something to be said when you reuse the hot dog water so many times that last hot dog is going to probably be the best tasting hot.
Speaker 3: Talk easily the best tasting hot talk. But my, my, my biggest advice would be, if you're ever looking to get into the restaurant industry, do not ever And this is something that I knew, so I was okay with it, Ashley was unaware of how bad it might get. Don't ever underestimate how much of your time you will be there. Like, just expect that if you open a business, you'll be there and you're going to be there a lot, one because it needs you and two because you're going to want to be there. That'd be my advice.
Speaker 1: We're we're not opening a restaurant. We could have opened up an Audrey's second location, I guess in Colorado, but no.
Speaker 2: We talked about a health food store, but we're not going to do it.
Speaker 1: We're not going to do that. Well, let's talk about Kailin for a second. So Kailin last week you weren't with us because you were in Cabo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what'd you guys talk about?
Speaker 1: We talked about so many things that you would have been so mad about.
Speaker 3: Dude, I think we like, we talked about nothing, nothing, yea for forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Talked about absolutely nothing for forty five minutes. But I want to hear Cabo. I haven't heard anything about it. You haven't told me a single peep about it. So let's hear about your trip to Cabo.
Speaker 2: Right, not a word. Cabo was awesome. I went with Alo, and it was a perfect trip for me because we just worked out every day and then laid by the pool, went to amazing dinner. So it was like very health centric, kind of like a retreat. So it was great. Met a great friend. I'm going to New York with one of my best friends next week, and I actually met her in Cabo. We were on a terrible trip together and we bonded over it, and she called me while I was there. She's like, well, maybe you'll find a new bestie while you're in Cabo this time. And I met the most incredible girl. Her name is Salome. She's got two twins, she's really big on TikTok and we just had the best time together. Oh okay, you so fun.
Speaker 1: That's so great. You're making new friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nice when you just like immediately click with someone and it's not hard.
Speaker 1: You know, what about anyone else? Is that you become friends with anyone else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were a few other girls that I feel like I bonded with Kayla Brook all of the ALLO moods and directors were awesome, and then the ALO team was amazing. There were some girls who came in who were like lifelong childhood friends, so it's kind of hard to bond with people like that. So the rest of us were like not knowing each other, kind of getting to know each other.
Speaker 1: What about anyone you despise? Anyone you despise it you want to name? No that you just absolutely couldn't stand. It's just threat to you can tell else.
Speaker 2: Everyone was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. I I Jared, how do you feel about Cabbo? Because personally I don't like Cabo even a little bit.
Speaker 2: Wait, you would have liked this one because wait, it was You're not like a retreaty person, like you're not going to go on I don't think a health retreat, would you.
Speaker 1: I kind of want to do a silent retreat or like.
Speaker 2: A yeah, okay, nice retreat. I would I could see you doing that. This was like all about healthy food, moving your body, doing plates whatever. But it's not like the party centric cabo that people are used to. So it was fun, like you're staying at the most beautiful resort. Everyone has their own punch pool. We went on this boat that was like the one hotel as a boat. It was the most beautiful boat I've ever seen, So I feel like it wasn't the cabo you expect. Dean more Portavierti vibesbeso.
Speaker 3: I love a good Porto Vierta, But dude, you didn't enjoy Cabo When we went for Ben's thing.
Speaker 1: I was going to say the only time I actually did somewhat enjoy myself in Cabo was at Ben's thing. That was the only time I've actually kind of had fun, And I do want to say part of that was because we golfed so much. Yeah, it's just there's too much. Part it's like two centered around partying. And yes, you're right, if you go down there with like a health focused organization like ALA, maybe you're gonna maybe I would have a better time. But it's just like, you know, one of my good friends had a birthday party down there last year and I was like, I'm not going I just did.
Speaker 3: Dude. I'll never forget how much you stunk on that trip. You were in your peak stinkiness.
Speaker 1: Dude. It was hot, we were golfing a lot. There was only like three showers for twenty guys, and so I just I would just jump in the pool and rinse off in there.
Speaker 3: Nick and I had our own bathroom. Was very sweet, It was very nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you guys probably paid extra gress got the royal treatment. Maybe Ben likes you guys more than me. That's probably what it is.
Speaker 3: Well, what I think it was is that he probably put Nick in because he didn't want to hear Nick and bitching a plane. So he's like, I'm gonna give a nice room with the bathroom. And then of course nobody else can stand the son of a bitch, thank you so much. So they were like, we'll put Jared in Nick's room with him, right, And so it kind of worked out well for me.
Speaker 1: Worked out well for you, worked out poorly for wells. We not only did I smell about the entire time, but I also shared a bed with him, so he was probably he probably did not like me at all or well, but he had a couple of cocktails every day. So I think that that kind of maybe made him a little nose deaf, which.
Speaker 2: Is good, I will say deans in. He still is in his smell good era and showers every day.
Speaker 3: Wow, you've domesticated him so much.
Speaker 1: Not only showering. I'm I'm using lotions.
Speaker 2: Lotions, skincare, not deodorant, deodorant and cologne colone.
Speaker 1: I've always worned the udorant. I'm using face facial scrubbing wash. My face has never been cleaner.
Speaker 3: What type of moisturizer we talking about? Because I put lotion on my face, does that mean I'm moisturizing body lotion on your face? No? No, no, No, I use face lotion like Ashley. I just used whatever Ashley as extra of Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was using body lotion on my face for a while and it was working really well, but it did make me like break out occasionally.
Speaker 2: It wasn't working.
Speaker 1: No, but like my skin was really hydra. I looked younger. I looked five years younger, and part of that was because I was getting pimples all over my face. So it kind of worked out in that sense. But yeah, I'm I'm trying not to smell bad. Anymore. So it's it's going pretty well. But yeah, so that's good. That Cobo was good. I'm glad you enjoyed it. We were you know, we missed you here on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Well I missed you, guys. I was just lounging on a boat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds real nice, sounds real nice, I did say. I texted Jared this the other day. I had to leave kind of quickly last week to go play golf because Wednesdays is like our men's club day where there's like a big tournament every sing the week. And I shot an eighty, which is a pretty good score for me in a men's club match where you have to put everything all the way in and there's no like mulligans or anything like that. I shot an eighty, so I was pretty proud of that. I played yesterday and I shot an eighty eight. So I kind of regressed a little bit, But that's okay.
Speaker 2: Is your average eighty three?
Speaker 1: I would think, Yeah, low eighties is kind of where I'm averaging right now. But Jared, how was your Tom Brady retirement ceremony?
Speaker 3: Oh? It was amazing. So we got I got invited a couple of weeks ago from the Patriots as to media team, which was such an honor because I was debating whether I wanted to go or not because I love Brady so much, but also maybe it's just me getting older. There's only so much ass kissing I can take, even if it's for Brady, because it's like there's so much Brady now. And they were telling me it was like, oh, it's gonna be three hours. I'm like three hours, holy molely, you know. And it's like I love Brady, I love, love love Brady more than anything, but this just goes for anything in life where I'm like, okay, like I I love him so much and he's the best, but like I can you know, it's getting a little much now. But of course when they invited me, I was like, well, I gotta go. And there was actually a part of me that wanted to wear my Buccaneers jersey because I wanted to be like, I am a real Brady fan. I supported and loved Brady even when he wasn't playing for the Patriots. But then I felt like that was a bad taste because the Patriot's vine of me, and of course I loved the Patriots, so I was like, Okay, I won't do that. So I wore a shirt that said it's a Brady thing you wouldn't understand, which I think my mother in law got me for Christmas a couple of years ago, which I love so much because it's so subtle and it kind of doesn't make sense, but it makes sense to me and that's all that matters, and it makes sense to other people who understand the love that is Tom Brady. So I got to we walk the carpet. So the Patriots are so sweet to us. They gave us awesome parking lot. We got twenty feet away from the entrance and we got to go in and we were in Robert Craft's party and we had the best seat and I was three rows behind Drake May. The current Patriot players were there, and it was funny because there was like forty of them and they're all wearing Patriots jerseys. And I thought it was maybe like a family that like was a you know, like a family of a player and they were all wearing their jerseys because I was like, who, I didn't recognize anybody, and then I looked at jerseys and they were wearing their jerseys and then because I didn't recognize anybody. And then I'm like, man, that guy looks like Drake May. And then I saw on the back. I'm like, yeah, that's Drake May because he's wearing it. It looks like Drake May and he's wearing a Drake May jersey. And then I realized, oh, these are all current players right now.
Speaker 1: And then you realize that Drake May is thirteen years younger than you, and you're like, gosh, I feel freaking old. Dude. Was it at Gillette Stadium.
Speaker 3: It was at Gealette Stadium, so we got it was on the field, so we were right there, and dude, it was awesome. So Brady, So we were at the red carpet and then Brady, I didn't get sad to him because I didn't want to force it. We've already had so many wonderful moments. I didn't I didn't want to like be that guy to like just interject myself and make it awkward. So I was standing next to Dion Branch. We were talking to the Boston Globe, and then Brady walked on the carpet and he said hi to Dion, and I was standing right there, and I was staring at him because I'm like, if Brady makes eye contact, I want to be like, hey, good to see you again, man. But then he never. He just said hi to Dian and then immediately went like to the right because he was walking in with Robert Craft, and so I was like, ah, I would have had to been like hey, hey good. You know, I had to like really try to stop him, and I was like, well, I'm not doing that obviously. So it was awesome, man, Like, it was cool. They did a great job. So the beginning of the ceremony was awesome because when Brady ran on the field for the entire time, he always ran onto the field for his intro to jay Z's public service announcement. So then they played the song, it was like bomb bomb bomh and then everybody was like, oh, here comes Brady and then all of a sudden, you hear live from the stage. Allow me to reintroduce my and then you're like, oh my god, it's jay Z. And then jay Z came out, so that was really cool, and then he introed Brady, and then Bill Burg came out and did like some opening remarks and he was hysterical and I've never seen Bill Burr live, so that was awesome.
Speaker 1: And are you on the field or are you in the bleachers?
Speaker 3: No, we're on the field. So there were seats on the field we would do. We were amongst family and friends. I was like, this is insane. I was sitting next to you know, I won't like name players because I mean you'll probably know some of them, but like, dude, I was like, I look over and Dante high Towers next to me, and then Billy O'Brien, and then Malcolm Butler and like Edelman's right there, and Amidola and Gronk. They were like on the other side a little bit obviously much close to the stage because they were going up on stage. But like, it was crazy. Like I said, dude, I was next to all the Patriot players. Drake May was sitting right in front of us. I was like, this is cool. It was just cool to be like in the environment. And then I knew a bunch of the guys too, so it was nice just like interacting with them and talking. I was like, this is crazy because it feels like we belong. So it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was awesome and it was cool. One of the coolest moments.
Speaker 1: And they like put his number in the rafters or something or was there like a date rafters but like along the Ring of Fame or whatever it.
Speaker 3: Is they retired Robert Kraft said that they're retiring his jersey number and then they're making him a statue. But it was so weird. I'm like, bro, why would you not have the statue ready to go, like unveil the statue. But it also makes me mad because I love the Patriots, but also they're just milking Tom Brady for everything he is. Because they were like, we're going to unveil the statue during the twenty twenty four season. I'm like, oh Jesus, like, how much can we possibly milk this? They brought him back last year to ring the bell because it was like Tom Brady's back in the stadium, and then they're like, oh, now Brady's going to be back to be in the Hall of Fame next summer. And now it's like, oh, by the way, this coming up season, we're gonna unveil the Tom Brady statue. I'm like, good God, people like just be good again and then you'll be relevant. Okay, Kitlen, how much much are you enjoying this conversation.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm a little a little tuned out with sports.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, so I'm going to bring it back home. So we were there last night and Brady's kids were there, and you know what, the craziest ever, when I really think about it, because he has one with Bridge of Monaghan, and the is two with Gizelle is that, you know, so he talks about his kids obviously in his speech, and especially when I was looking at his kids because we were just like, I was just right next to him. I'm like, bro, your mom is gizl bunching. That's insane. That's insane. Like your dad's Brady, And I guess that's a little bit more like relatable to me because he's a football player.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Giselle has just left like an international icon. I'm like, dude, your mom is Gizelle Bunching. That's insane. And it was interesting. I was curious if he was going to mention her name during his speech because he didn't, And I was curious if he was going to because it must be so difficult to I mean, I guess just the worse in general is difficult, but when you have kids with people and there's such a high profile relationship, like Tom and Gizelle were in and he talks about his kids like, I'm sure he still has so much love for Gizelle for being the mother of his kids, you know, and I'm assuming that they have hopefully some sort of good relationship because of them. And so I was like, I wonder if he's going to mention, like because he wanted to thank you know, everybody that's helped him to get to this point, and Gizelle definitely did. I mean, you know, he helped raise their kids. She was there. So I was like, I wonder if he's going to be like, you know, I want to thank the mother of my children. He never said anything, so I was like, huh. Interesting.
Speaker 1: For the record, I just looked it up. The number eighteen in Denver was retired by Frank Chappuko, who was the first Broncos quarterback, and then unretired for Peyton to come and then re retired when Peyton was done there. So ah, kind of like a pseudo number of retirement for Peyton. I was already retired, so I guess it was going to be retired either way. Well, that's interesting. Yeah, I mean it sounds like a good time. How far of a drive is it from Rhode Island to Jilette? Like three hours?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, it's like less from here without traffic, it's.
Speaker 1: Less than an hour. Oh wow, so super easy to get to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's nice. But it was cool man, So it was cool and Ashley came with us. And Ashley is such a Brady fan because of me now, because she's become so invested in a human being Kaelin, I'm sure there are people like that in Dean's life, where like being such a big fan of these people, but you know, because he's been so integrated in our lives on a personal level, you become a fan of this person as well, and that's what happened with Ashley and Brady.
Speaker 1: Do you think you have any of those Kaielan?
Speaker 3: Do? I are you?
Speaker 1: Do you have any of those people that I really admire that you have to admire because I don't know if that would qualify. It's not the same level as Jared and Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the Broncos aren't great right now, so since you've been dating, they're not great. And I don't know, there's no one that you're passionate Jared's Didham.
Speaker 1: The only thing I can think about is when we went to that Atmosphere concert and you're like, this sucks, let's get out of here. I was like, okay, oh, or do you agree? I mean, it's it's it's funny because his music's not everyone's cup of tea, So I totally get it. But yeah, that's the only that's the only moment that comes to my mind.
Speaker 3: What about the reversal? Is there anybody that Caitlin really cares about the dnail you've become personally invested in.
Speaker 1: No, she doesn't really idolize many people, and a good That's a good thing, because I don't think I idolized many people either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know that I do.
Speaker 1: Like Taylor Swift, I guess no, Shania Twain, I guess yeah. Concert, but she had like a voice issue, so we couldn't go.
Speaker 2: Remember, yeah, she canceled like an hour before the concert.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of who else it would be, Like, who else would you be like really excited to see? There's not really that many people.
Speaker 2: I feel like, No, Taylor Swift was great to see. I don't know. I'm not a big not a big fan of a lot of people or even a small amount of people, right, And I'm just saying, think I love Hillary Duff. That's kind of it for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I could like Hillary Duff. I guess it's harder when you don't like sports, when you don't watch sports, because obviously, if you're watching sports, you're gonna cherish these individuals a lot, especially if they're playing for your team and they're good. And if you know you you like music, but you don't love music, I guess, right, And so it's like you don't have like these ten artists that you follow around religiously. I guess yeah, because and I'm the same way too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just like teams.
Speaker 1: I just like the Nuggets on the Broncos. Yeah, but an atmosphere Slug is my hero. Even though he hates me, why does he hate you? I met him once when I was like twenty, and I was really drunk and I embarrassed myself and he's like, get out of my face, and I was like, yeah, that's probably a good idea, sounds about right, But maybe one day we'll have our own. Maybe the Broncos will get really good and bo Nix will be our next Tom Brady and will win seven Super Bowls with him.
Speaker 3: Bo Nicks, He's gonna suck. But I definitely idolize people, as you guys may have noticed once or twice. But I also I feel like I do a good job not to congratulate myself. I don't know if this is like a compliment or not compartmentalizing, because like the people idolize, like I understand that they're flawed and they make mistakes. But that's one of the reasons why I think I like idolizing them, because like someone like I don't know. Obviously we'll just stick on the Brady trade, but like I have no doubt that Brady has probably done stupid shit and makes mistakes, and you know, sometimes as a jerk or like doesn't always do the right thing, or you know, I don't really know. But my point being is that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think we're all. I think he's a guy that's trying, you know, and I think that's what I try to idolize, Like I'm just trying. I'm just trying to do the best I can. And you know, in all facets of life. And so I think that's what I idolize about people is the self awareness to know that, like, you know, we're all just trying our best and it's a lot of time probably not going to be good enough, because human beings are just flawed in general. But like, yeah, there's nobody that I think I'm not on the train of like, oh, this person's perfect. Like a lot of some of my friends are like that, you know, they're like, no, no, no, this this person's perfect, And I'm like, they're not. They're not even close to perfect. But that's what's so beautiful about it is that they've had so much success in their life and they're doing so well, but they're not perfect, and they're just working hard and grinding. And some of them were born blessed and some of them weren't and worked hard and some of them got lucky. And I don't know, everybody has a different story.
Speaker 1: Well, Caylen, what else is going on in our lives that you want to share? Anything? Interesting?
Speaker 2: Uh? Is there?
Speaker 1: You tell me?
Speaker 2: Oh? Our table was built?
Speaker 1: Kaitlyn's birthday is in two days.
Speaker 3: Ah, how old?
Speaker 2: I'll be twenty nine on Saturday?
Speaker 1: The Big Two nine the last good thing.
Speaker 3: I did not say the Big three out because I was like, wait.
Speaker 2: A minute close, when a year off?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do for it? Do you have any plans?
Speaker 2: No clue. Well, we're gonna go in Aspen. That's all I want to do is just like pop around Aspen. There's farmer's market. We went to the farmer's market in town yesterday and it was just slim pickens, so I need. It was cute, but there were no fresh fresh vegetables except for colored greens and lettuce. And yeah, like it's more of a market where you go and eat versus like bring fresh produce home, which I was looking for.
Speaker 1: So you don't like the Carbondale fires Farmer's Market, Oh I love it. I just missed the Brentwood Farmer's Market.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, there's like all these different vendors. I could get moca. Is that what it's called, Like all sorts of new dip manca? Yeah, macha No is it maka? It's that new thing that alternative to alcohol.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I have no idea what it's called.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, And like I love dips, I love drinks, I love juices, so yeah, it's just slackening a little bit. But everyone says the Aspen Market's great.
Speaker 1: I guess we'll know on Saturday.
Speaker 2: And food and Wine is on Saturday. I would love to go, but tickets are three thousand dollars, so we're hoping someone will just pass us a ticket on their way out. But we'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean, hopefully we can just buy one from someone on their way out. I don't necessarily need a free one. You can't buy day tickets is the issue, so that you can get like a weekend. The weekend is three thousand dollars. But I don't think we want to go every day of the weekend.
Speaker 2: We just want to go one day, like one hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, So we're working on that. I guess is there anything specific that you want, like a material possession that you've been yearning to have that your husband could buy you that you you said.
Speaker 2: You already got me a gift?
Speaker 1: Is there anything specific that you want husband to get you? Though?
Speaker 2: Why are you leading it?
Speaker 1: Like? I'm just trying to try to engauge what you're interested in having receiving for your birthday?
Speaker 2: I want I wanted a new iPad, but I just bought it myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna get you on. I have to return to the one that I got you. Yeah, So what else would you want?
Speaker 2: I don't need anything.
Speaker 1: What do you get a girl that has everything? You know? An iPad and you got you got two of those?
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Huh like a bracelet?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, bracelets? Cool?
Speaker 1: Like a necklace.
Speaker 2: I'm book on bracelets right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about an anklet? Yeah, you don't wear anklets? I'm oh, well, what about like a belly ring like this, belly belly necklace, belly chain, belly chain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you just listening? Every piece of jewelry you know?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 1: What about like a toe ring?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, so so belly chain.
Speaker 2: Is said, you already bought me against Why are you going through the list?
Speaker 1: Well, the gift I got you, it's like it's.
Speaker 2: Not really a gift, it is.
Speaker 1: It was admission to food and wine.
Speaker 2: Why are you telling me right now?
Speaker 1: Because it's like through a friend, and I don't know if it's gonna actually be think a thing or not. It's like I don't actually have the ticket. He's like, yeah, we're there, and you're more than welcome to come and hang out with us. Oh, so I've just now I'm trying to figure out what exactly it's going to be because I don't want to I don't want to rely on a friend to get us into food and wine. But we're going to figure that out.
Speaker 2: So you got me, uh maybe from a friend.
Speaker 1: Yep, worked really hard for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it.
Speaker 1: Gift, worked really hard for it. Well, maybe I got you a belly chain too. Did you ever have your belly button pierced?
Speaker 3: No? Did I?
Speaker 2: Or would I?
Speaker 1: Did you know? And would you know? Okay, what's a piece of jewlry that you don't have that you've always wanted to have?
Speaker 2: Dane, you just need to figure me out and not try to get the d answer on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just I'm not trying to figure anything out. I'm just asking you a little bit more about yourself, just trying to get to know you.
Speaker 2: I'm just beg on bracelets.
Speaker 1: Bracelets permanent, not really okay? Interesting? Yeah, I had a lot of work.
Speaker 2: You have two days?
Speaker 1: Two days? Yeah, I'm not really worried about it. We're gonna we're gonna have a great birthday for you on your twenty ninth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go up, We're gonna drink some nice wine. I've never really been to food and wines, so I don't really know what to expect, but I've heard good things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone says it's amazing.
Speaker 1: There's a little like seminars, which I don't think we care about the seminars, do we?
Speaker 2: I think Somalia's do, and that's something that we are not.
Speaker 1: We could probably be Samalia's. I have a friend who's a Smallia, but I don't like wine. Maybe I could be a good Somalia because I don't necessarily like wine very much. When you got me my birthday presents, how did you go about figuring out what you think I wanted?
Speaker 2: I just know you all, and I know that you have been wanting to see John Craigie for years, So I got you tickets to see him.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is that next month? Mm hm in Denver?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What day? Do you know?
Speaker 2: July twelfth?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Great, So if anyone wants to come to JOHNK. Craigie July twelfth, we'll be there. Yeah, not backstage because we're not as cool as Jared is I guess.
Speaker 3: But obviously. I was actually talking earlier about how I'm not a good gift receiver because I was thinking about Father's Days this weekend and I was like, I pray to God Ashley doesn't get me anything. I don't want anything, I don't need anything, and I don't want her to get me anything, Like you know, I don't want to feel the guilt. I love that she wants to sometimes, but I like, I do the same thing for my birthday, for Father's Day. Ironically, the only time I ever want a gift and I don't even need it. But if she ever wants to get me one would be Christmas. Just the idea of like opening a present next to the tree, that's all I care about. And it's more of like the nostalgia feeling within me. But I'm terrible at gift receiving because I'm like, you don't have to get me anything, please, And of course I'm like, thank you so much, this is wonderful. But like my mom's a good gift receiver. When she gets a gift, she freaks out and she's excited and she loves getting gifts and like it's fun getting her gifts because she just gets so excited. I'm terrible. So anyway, that's my U two cents on gifts.
Speaker 1: Getting gifts is hard because I never know, like if I whether I love it or I hate it. I feel like I react very similarly. I'm just like very kind of level with it, and so I don't feel like I do a very good job of like expressing my gratitude with my expressions when I receive a gift. I agree, So yeah, getting gifts stinks. Giving gifts is hard. I like giving gifts when I see something and I think of you, but then there's like, you know, a holiday comes around on your birthday and and you're you're kind of on the spot to get a gift. But it's like, okay, yes, I will get you a gift, obviously, but it's not something that I'm like walking around town and seeing something and buying it for.
Speaker 3: You, walking around town as Dean does you know, Yeah, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got two days to figure it out.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you waited till last minute.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't wait till the last minute. It's got two whole days.
Speaker 3: He's got plenty of time. Forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: My god.
Speaker 3: I usually wait till the day of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you look at that. I'm already day ahead of Jared right.
Speaker 3: Now, two days.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that's gonna do it for this week's episode of Suckers. Thank you guys so much for joining us from wherever you are in the world. We will be here next week as well. Are you going to be here next week? Kaylen?
Speaker 2: We'll be in New York, but I will hop on for my phone.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Nice, And Jared, are you going to be here?
Speaker 3: I'll be here?
Speaker 1: Oh? Love that. So we're gonna have the whole gang together in different parts of the world, just like old times.
Speaker 3: Just like God intended.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna get out of here. Thank you guys so much for listening. Be sure to tune in next week, where maybe we suck just a little bit less