Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Nick shot, streaming live on dallascowboys dot com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt Now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: High Noon on a Tuesday here inside the SWBC podcast studio. And that means it's time for Mickey to try to figure out how to.
Speaker 2: Work his head set, like you know how to work yours by just fine yours ever changes, I'm gonna you know, there's this note here on the media guide about this is the podcast as text line and this is the podcast media guy, I'm gonna put a note on here. Quit messing with the headsets.
Speaker 3: It's not just on Tuesdays, it's any day of the week issues.
Speaker 2: I thought no one used this one. Why does it always get turned on?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 3: They got bigger problems in Buffalo than you, your head said. I'm looking at the NFL network right now, and they have fired their offensive coordinator, Dorsey Joe Brady named the interim OC. What about the special teams coordinator? You can't can you believe that there was a great line. I say, the sixth grader Russell Wilson benefits by the twelfth man once.
Speaker 5: Again grade line grade line.
Speaker 3: So twelve men on the field.
Speaker 4: I love watching that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 5: It was comical the entire game. I was trying to get a little work out of stairs with my son's up there, and I just texted him, I said, you've got to come out and watch this.
Speaker 4: Came, we sat down.
Speaker 5: It got funnier at like the last five or so minutes, it got even funnier.
Speaker 2: Well, the funniest thing probably was what Troy Aikman didn't say when they put up that that sign in the stadium about Super and and then left out the O and Bowl something, and Troy goes, yeah, I don't think I'm gonna go there. They were talking about them not having won a Super Bowl. At Joe tried to just make him do it right. He goes, no, I'm not gonna go there, because he was going to point out yeah, and they lost two to us.
Speaker 4: So, man, that was a really funny.
Speaker 2: Many guys on them, they.
Speaker 5: Tried their best to They just didn't want Denver to go home without a win.
Speaker 2: What do you think's up with Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but he's been having this problem since he came.
Speaker 3: Apparently offensive coordinator, because that's what it is.
Speaker 2: That's going to solve the interception.
Speaker 5: I'm going to stop him from throwing into double covers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't fire the quarterback.
Speaker 5: I say, keep that what they say, keep that same energy when it comes to someone else, like you did with our qbit.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: He's thrown eleven interceptions already.
Speaker 5: He seems to be he seems to feel like they are in a desperate situation. But he played like that from game one as if they were desperate. I think the pressure, you know. Once he had that good game against Mahomes, everyone just fell in love with him, which is easy to because he's got the tools. But they even kind of didn't they like change over time because they felt so sorry for him after he lost two. But to put my home patch of Mahomes and they changed over.
Speaker 2: Time in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we felt so bad for him. He did such a great job. This guy's up and coming. Let's change the overtime rules of some crap. I don't know what they did. And so he was he's always been that prince ever since that game, and I think he's always been trying to live up to that. That's that's tough to live up to, trying to chase Patrick my homes you.
Speaker 2: Better watch out for than Broncos.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, now you look at the Broncos. They have back to back wins against Kansas City and Buffalo. They had a by weekend between the two, and they've now won three straight games. Second hottest team in the league behind the Cowboys, No, behind the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 2: Wow, they've won five street.
Speaker 3: Minnesota's won five in a row. And guess who plays on Sunday night. Minnesota plays at Denver on Sunday night.
Speaker 4: Oh man, which.
Speaker 3: Two weeks ago you would have said.
Speaker 4: To be a snore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, making fun of They.
Speaker 3: Get rid of that night game and move another game to Sunday night. Well, now you got the two hottest teams in the league playing on Sunday night, Minnesota at Denver.
Speaker 2: And you know what, Denver won despite Russell Wilson. He what do you think is his deal? Is it just a protection because he's I bet he ran more times than he threw the ball.
Speaker 4: He feels he seems like he feels like that.
Speaker 5: You know, he's got to be this football player all the time, man, and he's always been that guy, though he never really stayed in the pocket much. Yeah, but I gotta say, Spags, I'm trying to give him some some grace because it just the they weren't even Troit was said, they're not open downfield, and and they're they're They're definitely not protecting him. They're much better run blocking team than they pass blocking team.
Speaker 2: There should be a stat for how many yards you need to pass for to win a game. Yeah, he was like at one hundred and seventy or something.
Speaker 4: You offend.
Speaker 2: No, I was just like, does that work? But anyway, we got bigger problems here.
Speaker 4: What are they no problems here?
Speaker 2: Well, we can start with Jerry basically ruling Layton Vandersh out for the season, and I think it could be a career.
Speaker 4: I was always worried about him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anytime that he had a neck injury, and when he went off the field in that San Francisco game. That's what the fear that everybody has.
Speaker 2: And it and I think it's more than just the stinger. I think it's I got a stinger. I've already had vertebrae fusion in the neck, and they have talked about me having cervical stenosis and I and I the one line that Jerry said today on the fan, he finished by saying, it has everything to do with what's in his best interests. So I had been told when I asked about it that it was complicated, and it didn't sound like physically complicated. So yeah, I mean this, he's got an He signed a two year, eight million dollar deal and this year against the cap, he was counting three point one six. If he doesn't play next year, it's only two point twenty five against the salary cap in dead money. So yeah, you feel for the guy, and he's he doesn't look like a guy that is desperately having to play football. You know, some guys will, you know, I got to do this, So it's kind of a sad situation for a really top notch guy and a top notch player.
Speaker 5: Well he you know, I could see something was going to be a problem as well when it first happened, because, like I said, you're just too many injuries in that area. Yeah, especially after a serious one. Yeah, you just don't say, oh, it's no a stinker. No, not in the same area, right. I didn't feel good about it at all. I was worried about them even the first time before surgery. I remember talking to you guys about it. I just thought, you know, that scary stuff. Man, you know, I'm dB I feel stuff right now. I was trying my best not to hit anybody. And he's you know, he's a soldier. You know, he goes in there, right and he does the job, and so yeah, yeah, you worry about that stuff.
Speaker 3: Is there any indication when a decision will be made on Layton? They don't have to make a decision now.
Speaker 2: You just leave him on injured results, right.
Speaker 3: Right, But his that Layton making a decision right?
Speaker 4: Oh? Him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that that's come up, and it's.
Speaker 3: Probably maybe it's on the road.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, it seems like that's what Jerry was alluding to.
Speaker 4: We're talking about complicating.
Speaker 2: I mean, the other thing Jerry said. But he said, but we just wish him well and just the nature of his potential injury here causes me to really think long term and beyond what it means for the next week or beyond what it means for the next month. Relative to the team. Well, everybody wants to know, well, gosh, what are the Cowboys going to do right away? It's like, is there anybody in free agency? Now? You've got a guy on the practice squad that you started this past game, Rashaan Evans and played what did I say yesterday? Twenty eight twenty eight snaps exactly?
Speaker 3: I mean, And and he's a guy that wasn't in well, he wasn't in training camp anywhere. We signed with Philadelphia for a day and then got out of that contract, and then a month later, after the vander esh injury, gets signed by the Cowboys the practice squad and so we're just now reaching the end of what is normally a preseason ramp up for a player, you know. And so that's where he is as far as just the twenty eight snaps. But I thought at the time that they signed with Shawn Evans coming off he was a leading tackler for the Falcons last year at one hundred and fifty eight tackles or whatever. That's more than just a guy that's filling in, you know, that's a guy who can be a starting linebacker. Right He's very still young in his career.
Speaker 2: And they didn't do that until.
Speaker 3: Right it was after the injury, which I didn't think. I thought they needed to do that anyway, just to shore up get enough depth even vander esh comes back after the injury, the injured reserve stint. But they clearly they had more knowledge on that than we did anyway. Right, So exactly, it made it a no brainer to get Rashaan Evans in here.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing is, you know Michael Parsons, they played them about a half about a dozen snaps at linebacker, and I didn't know if that was just a plan for the Giants game, knowing that they were going to run the ball, and they played five at times five defensive linemen and him at linebacker. But that was what I was told around training camp when I asked the question what happens if Demon Clark or Leyton vander has suffer an injury, and it's like Michael Parson's got to play more linebacker. So that's an option. Now, the complication is that was Rashaan Evans third elevation and you only get three off the practice squad, So do they be patient and not make a move right away in hopes that somebody, I mean you don't hope anybody gets hurt, but the percentage is say, somebody might have to go on ir and then you can elemate them to fifty three. Otherwise, if you look at the roster and you're saying, Okay, if I sign them to the fifty three, I got to cut somebody, and you start looking and it's like, ok who do you want to cut? Because you can say, well, you can put them on the practice squad, but it's got to clear waivers. And we've seen the Cowboys lose guys trying to clear waivers to get to the practice squad. I don't know if you guys have a suggestion on who you think could clear waivers. But I started looking at it and it's like they only have three backup offensive linemen there, so you can't do that. Maybe a defensive lineman that's not active, but it's not like you're going to sneak somebody.
Speaker 4: Through waivers, not from this defense, right.
Speaker 2: You know. The one guy that came to mind to me was Eric Scott, the cornerback. But somebody out there is going to say, you know what, the Cowboys traded a twenty twenty four draft choice to go to the first pick in the sixth round to draft this guy, they must have seen something.
Speaker 3: Well, there's enough teams in this league that are half the league is out of it at this point in the season, I mean out of the playoff race basically, and so you're just going to be vultures and take whoever turn the bottom of your right right, like Tyrus Wheat would be a right one, and he's on the fifty three right and he's actually playing right. But I mean you take even a guy like him, who's an undrafted guy, and the Cowboys try to sneak him to the prime back to the practice squad whatever. Yeah, I mean teams are looking for players like that that a team like the Cowboys that have a lot of talent, a lot of death, are trying to do some things with I mean we've already seen it this season, guys that have been picked up from Devin Harper to It's very difficult for this team to get a guy to the practice squad as far as the linebacker position goes. You know, with what they have here now at linebacker, you know, in the way, not only this team but other teams in the league play nickel, I mean your nickel is your starting defense whatever. And so Markue's Bell is one of those linebackers, and one Ye Thomas would be the next guy in line for that type of a role in the box.
Speaker 2: So in the game Sunday, Evans played twenty eight snaps, Bell played twenty two snaps. So it looked like they were you Bell in more nickel situations or passing situations, and Evans and knowing that the Cowboy or the Giants wanted to run the football.
Speaker 3: But I look at it as much as Okay, you're looking at two different linebacker positions. Now one of them is a true quote unquote linebacker. Damne Clark Rayshawn Evans are in that category right there, and your other one is your nickel linebacker, which is Marky's Bell. And I would put one yea Thomas if something happened to Marky's Bell, one ye would be one that could fill that type of a role. And then and Parsons is the wild.
Speaker 4: Card the puss come to show.
Speaker 5: I would imagine if they had to, the Chelan would also.
Speaker 4: Be pushed into that situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got that same skill set. And then you've got Malik Jefferson.
Speaker 2: On your practice.
Speaker 3: But I'm just looking at as overall depth. If someone goes down with an injury.
Speaker 2: Because he's already used his three elev right, so you have to kind of try to figure out how.
Speaker 4: To make room.
Speaker 3: And Malik Jefferson falls into that initial category of a true linebacker, Demon Clark, Rayshawn Evans, Malik Jefferson, those are that's your inventory of those true linebackers. It still seems like you're short handed there, but anymore in this league where you're playing nickel all the time and as well as Marquise Bell has played even defending the run, you know.
Speaker 2: And you might try to do that. These next two games are so close to each other, right, and then reassess after Thanksgiving to try to make a move on the on the fifty three. So it be an interesting to see how they decide to go for what They.
Speaker 3: Got to do something. The point is they got to do something with Rashawn Evans. They have to sign him to the fifty three.
Speaker 2: This way we think, right, that's what I was thinking. Yeah, I mean, you've got to have at least two true linebackers playing, and they've had it with him up. They had that at least that because the last thing, you know, and I'm sure this goes through their mind, but what if something happens to Clark because Clark is now vander Esh Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, and so that Versehn Evans is his backup basically, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, so, uh yeah, it kind of you know, it's it's not hard to go through seven it's hard to go through seventeen games. It's not easy.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: All right, We're just getting started on this edition of Mixed Shots, and we will be back in just a moment.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Have they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left, he'll run for a first down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prus Scot's gonna run this himself. Run it the middle.
Speaker 6: Any stores, whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 7: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 5: Shots Kpost Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys. That was for you, Savannah, wherever you are?
Speaker 3: Said, do you think she's in the Dominican Republican.
Speaker 4: In the sand?
Speaker 3: That's what she informed us at the end of the show.
Speaker 4: She's headed to tell the Republic there's.
Speaker 3: A wedding down there, a football season wedding, all right? Any other bad news you want to give us?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: And I think C. J. Goodwin decided he needed surgery on his peck what she needed. He was just he was hopeful that he could brace it and get back. And I think reality hit that he's done for the season.
Speaker 4: Also, Jordan Lewis, I think did he get hurt?
Speaker 2: Of he did? I thought he came back in though I thought he did because there was no real injury, but after no one asked, he sat up. No one asked about him. So so Bill, you you brought up interesting stat here. C. D.
Speaker 4: Lamb.
Speaker 2: The updated stats league stats are outright. And when I go to leaders in receptions in the NFL, CD is now sixth with sixty eight, and fourth it's a tie at sixty nine. So the only guys really with a bunch ahead of him are Allen Chargers Keenan Allen Yes seventy three, Diggs Buffalo seventy three, and Tight in Minnesota, Hockinson seventy one, TJ. Hawkinson, Hill and Chase have sixty nine, and then Cede Lamb sixty eight. So I just figured out over and that's in nine games. Over a seventeen game season, he would have one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 3: Eight, which is a trend that's really started for CD one year ago this week. Okay, I went back and looked. It was the green Bay game last year November thirteenth at Green Bay. He had fifteen targets in that game for eleven receptions, one hundred and fifty yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 4: In that game.
Speaker 3: That was the first of what would be five one hundred yard receiving games in the last nine games of the regular season last year, and I believe he's at five one hundred yard games so far this year. He's got three in a row, obviously four three.
Speaker 2: I think he's got does he have four? Well, anyway, from a yardedge standpoint, right, he's third now in the NFL. Think about this third and nine games, he's got nine to seventy five. Last year he finished with oney three and fifty nine and he still has eight games left.
Speaker 3: So he does have four straight one hundred yard games and it's five overall for the season. Yeah, four straight, So he's got he has in the last calendar year, which is a total of eighteen games. Since the Green Bay game last year, he has ten one hundred yard receiving games out of eighteen games he's played in and during that time eighteen games, one hundred and thirty three receptions for seventeen hundred and seventy eight yards in the last calendar year ten touchdowns, which seems low. He's only has four touchdown catches this year, right, and he had six in the last six touchdowns in the last nine games last year.
Speaker 2: Got off to a slow start because of those early blowouts. They weren't they quit throwing the ball.
Speaker 4: That's not what he wanted to hear. It was not feeling that explanation.
Speaker 3: Well, he only had one touchdown catch the first six games this year, and he's got three.
Speaker 5: They knew about it too, and he let them know, Hey, I'm the man around here.
Speaker 4: What's going on.
Speaker 5: I'm the one supposed to be getting all these touches. I don't care what kind of what we're going through. And change of offensive scheme, offensive coordinated to play calling. I am the man. You win with me, you don't win without me. That's basically what that meeting was probably all about.
Speaker 2: And they've done a much better job, much better job of getting him away from double coverage by putting him in motion.
Speaker 4: Right, that's it.
Speaker 2: You've been talking about it, and I think I said it was it last week when I asked Michael Irvin about it. He was here doing an interview and I asked him about C. D. Lamb, and he basically came out and said he's the best eighty eight of us all And it's like, why is that? And he goes, because none of us could play the slot. He can play outside and he can play in.
Speaker 5: None of them played in the backfield either. Yeah, right, ied, that would be a disaster.
Speaker 3: So someone asked me this morning, so do you consider CD to be an elite receiver in this league?
Speaker 2: Oh my, that was I won't ask you who asked you that?
Speaker 3: He was a guy in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, I mean asked CD. They asked him, are you the best receiver in the league? He goes, I'm one of one.
Speaker 3: Well, and really, if you go back and look at last year when he started taking off, was the Green Bay game. Well that was when basically when Dak was back in the lineup right exactly, and the only thing that kept him not nothing against Cooper Rush. I mean Cooper Rush got him the record this in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: The other day, and that was very purposeful, that's right.
Speaker 3: But had he had Dak been healthy the entire year last year, it would have started at the beginning of the year last year rather than at mid season last year.
Speaker 2: They had already figured out he needed nine yards and he got a five of the four to get to one fifty.
Speaker 3: Great case in point on and you can there's countless examples of it to CD in motion and how that allows him and also his teammates to get open whatever. But it was on his touchdown catch the other day. He was in motion and it was a safety Bobby McCain who wound up on him. He had outside leverage on him, and the route running of CD.
Speaker 4: He still he got to.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, he's still right exactly, but uh, the catch right before the dark touchdown run. Remember the Cowboys had been penalized and they were back second and twenty or so back at their own back at the Giants twenty eight yard line something like that, and so they cut the distance down in half with a pass that purposefully Dak threw it low and away and CD had to go take.
Speaker 10: It off his right care It was all hands, all hands right off the top right, and there was you know, they went back to look at it on TV like oh, trapped that and then as was like, oh that was also said what you said?
Speaker 3: That was a those strong hands whatever. Okay, But then if you go back and look the next play, there's sixteen seconds left in the half when Dak had his touchdown run. Go look what happened on that play and CD's effect on Dak's touchdown run. C D and Brandon Cooks. They had three receivers to the left, so they were both in the slot to the left. But CD runs a basically a dig and then he went to the to the end zone. Okay, and they were playing a zone. Two dbs go with CD. They both turn their back to Dak and run with CD to the back of the end zone where there was already a safety waiting back there. So CD basically took three dbs out of the play, which opened up the middle of the field for Dak to just jaunt right into the end zone ten yard touchdown.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, a dig route is perfect for attracting attention, yeah, because you know, and Dak was eyebottling him as well, so he saw everything.
Speaker 4: Right, right.
Speaker 3: But those two defenders they both just chase CD. They just turned and tucktail and ran after CD.
Speaker 2: I had big letters double CD, and.
Speaker 3: There was already a safety back there as as Dak is crossing the goal, Lders Goindley comes into the picture. That's the effect that CD has, right, And.
Speaker 2: If they want to double them, okay, take your chances with Cooks, right, take your chances with Michael Gallup on a deep route.
Speaker 5: I thought it was a game where you know, it ended up being the game where we could try a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, we need to tos a good point.
Speaker 4: We got to try stuff.
Speaker 5: I mean, we don't want to wait till the playoffs to see if we can throw deep. We don't want to wait to the playoffs to see if Rico is ready for you know, first and goal, second, third and goal.
Speaker 4: Those are the kind of things that we worked.
Speaker 5: Of course, it's a team that was really beat down at the time, right you know, their spirits were down, and that's the time when you need to take advantage of those opportunities.
Speaker 4: But you know it won't be against the New York Giants.
Speaker 5: The next time we see Donald, you know, hopefully the next time we see that type of situation, we can you know, say it was in a big game. It's against the Seahawks, it's against the Eagles. You know, it's a game where we really needed and he's been proven already.
Speaker 3: And that sounds like Mike McCarthy's message to the team at halftime yesterday, right, which went, they're up twenty eight to nothing, but it's take advantage of this opportunity too.
Speaker 2: And if you listen to what he's been saying when people kept asking what's the difference in the offense, and he says, we're growing. Well, Jerry got asked about it. And Jerry's point was, and you said this and in so many words, not that McCarthy was sandbagging, no, but he hasn't emptied the toolbox and he's saving some stuff, right, And and Jerry basically said, you've got to work on things, but when you get to the playoffs, you've got to have something different that maybe teams haven't seen.
Speaker 4: I hadn't seen in a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that's maybe this whole thing, because I think McCarthy's word is we're evolving, So evolving means we ain't there yet. No, And he's trying to do.
Speaker 4: Some stuff things, yeah stuff, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got a hammer in that toolbox.
Speaker 4: That'll be Rico, Rico. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We've been calling for that hammer, all haven't we. Yes, all right, we continue with more mixed shots in a moment.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor. Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff? Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings. Swager Briskey and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Cook, the America's team playing America's greatest sporot Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 6: I'm dok Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 3: The preshcout who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escape slipt. You'll love full first Doyle.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 1: Prescot's gonna run this ship shelf, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 7: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 2: To mixed shots.
Speaker 5: Tis the season for youth football and dance camps presented by Invisiline. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboys, cheerleaders and former NFL players at at and T Stadium on December twenty second and twenty third. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys register today at dallascowboys dot com slash camps.
Speaker 3: It's like five weeks away Christmas.
Speaker 2: Up by the knuckle up there, they've already got the Christmas tree tree.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been up last week.
Speaker 2: It looks for Thanksgiving, you know, right.
Speaker 3: Drive around the night, step chat, drive around at night, and it looks like Christmas is next week. Everyone puts their lights up, like in by Halloween, their lights are up.
Speaker 2: The guy that puts our puts our lights up.
Speaker 3: Oh you got a guy that puts your I.
Speaker 2: Think I'm going up on I'll guarantee you if I got a guy that works on your pool too, that's me. He put him up Monday. I think I don't have to leave him in your guard gate too. Is he the one the guard gate? Yeah, your gate. I'm the guard gate. I'm the pool guy you got. I do have a guy.
Speaker 4: That to do kept man.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not spending money. It doesn't come free.
Speaker 3: You're helping the unemployment rate.
Speaker 2: But I haven't. I haven't plugged the lights in though. I just plugged him in to make.
Speaker 3: Sure that's good. I'm good with. I'm good with. Go ahead and put the lights on your house or whatever. Just don't turn them on yet.
Speaker 2: No after Thanksgiving. Yeah, that's the way I treat my sports, you know, one sport at a time.
Speaker 4: Lights on the inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the inside.
Speaker 3: My lights. If I'm lucky, I take care of that. That's why the Cowboys play on Thanksgiving. It's that Thanksgiving weekend is my weekend to do Christmas lights. If I'm lucky, I get it done then yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's hard because you don't get the whole weekend because they play the next Thursday.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't put things up, right, you got to work on and you gotta work on Friday, right, you.
Speaker 3: Gotta work on Sunday too, They're back to work, right, it's right.
Speaker 2: So Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off on Wednesday, play on Thursday. You got to wait till that next week when they have the ten days. So by the way, we talk about what CD's doing, well, CD doesn't do what he's doing unless Dak Prescott's doing what he's doing. And I just noticed that, you know, he in a lot of the rankings and stuff, he was around twelve thirteenth. Today Dak Prescott is the has the third best back ranking in the national Football League one oh five point one. Uh Brock Purty leads at one oh nine point nine, and second is Tua at one oh six point four, then Dak ahead of Russell Wilson, Cousin Stroud, Herbert Goff, Jackson, Hurts, Mahomes, Allen On and on. He's number one in completion percentage seventy point seven percent, and he is number four in average per average gain at eight point zero five yards. So all of a sudden, in these last few games, he has flourished. In the last three games. By the way, he's completed seventy two point seven percent of his passes for one thousand, eighty two yards and eleven touchdowns, So he's on fire right now.
Speaker 4: Also, what did he say about that interception? Because I couldn't I couldn't.
Speaker 5: Quite figure out what how that guy was able to decipher, you know, if he came off of hed No.
Speaker 3: No, this is this is the advantage Mickey of watching the game at home, because this is why I love watching the game at home, because I can back it up and watch the live.
Speaker 2: I can't do too and except my dish anywhere was not working and they haven't called me, But I do it. On my laptop. Oh okay, you don't have a discout anywhere. Yeah, no, you can't get to one.
Speaker 3: So and I was surprised that on the Fox telecast they did not go back and look at it. And the reason they didn't it was whatever happened right after that happened quickly something else, cowboys got an interception or so, I don't remember what happened to where they didn't they went to a commercial break, and they never did go back and review what happened on the interception. CD went in motion, okay, And who was it? They intercepted the past twenty eight for some reason. Let me go back and find it here. It was Cordell Flat okay, float okay. And it was funny because my wife was watching the game with me, and I did. I went back and looked at it, and then I did the whole telestrator demonstration for her, Like she cared, she said on her iPad.
Speaker 4: And you gotta look. I just rewind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I rewound it. And so I'm like, see here's what happened on this pint Okay. CD goes in motion and you see this number twenty eight for the Giants. He's going with CD, And what that's telling Dak is there in man coverage, see, because he chased him across the backfield. Then he chases him back over there. But what actually happened there, He came off of CD and he was actually playing the zone. They were disguising their coverage and Dak thought they were in man. He came off CD and he was right there for the interception. He was going to do it Ferguson. So that's what happened on the play. I was able to go back right here. Yeah, And then what quarter was that? That was second quarter?
Speaker 2: Second quarter?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: No, it was late first was late first? No, Yeah, it was the last play of the first quarter, last play of the first quarter, and that's why they went to commercial quickly after that. And right after that, one Yer Thomas dropped the interception because they were down the twelve yard line and and so that's what it wasn't an interception. One Ye Thomas dropped the interception in the touch in the end zone, and so they never went back and reviewed the dark interception.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't get the pass over the safety right.
Speaker 3: He was he was throwing to Ferguson, And but what happened was flot came off of Dak, who went I don't know what route Dak. I mean c D ran, but he came off of c D and so Dak never saw him because he thought he was in Maine.
Speaker 5: And it wasn't It wasn't a high pass now he called it basically, right, yeah, right, so yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was a bang bang play. It wasn't it.
Speaker 2: But other than that, he's been pretty darn good.
Speaker 3: That was the only play that the Giants won, and the Giants defense won in the game.
Speaker 2: That's true, well except for fourth in inches at the goal line of the first possession, and.
Speaker 3: Then CD had to show everybody how you get how you run the ball.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, here's how you got.
Speaker 3: And then the run game was fine after that. Okay, he just needed to lessen how to do that.
Speaker 2: So do we need to study Carolina?
Speaker 3: Yes, you respect every opponent in this league, Vicky, all right?
Speaker 5: I mean I love I love the way we came out, you know, aggressive. I think if we played against the team a better stature than standing, I don't think we would have run Tony Pilot on that fourth down. I think we were like, okay, right now, this team is you know, they're not quite where they want to be. You know, we can use this as a teachable moment and get Tony into the end zone and be confidence for your offensive line as well.
Speaker 4: Well, that didn't work out. Well.
Speaker 3: They've ran it right into the teeth of the Giants defense, I mean Dexter Lawrence, you know.
Speaker 5: And Zach is up there trying to do some things and he didn't do well that game.
Speaker 4: He didn't do that. We'll do well on that.
Speaker 3: So did you like the decision to go forward on the fourth and goal at the two yard line on the first drive of the game.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I did too.
Speaker 3: Did you like the decision of the Giants to go for it on fourth and two at the four yard line after that interception? They were down seven to nothing at that point. They got the interception, three and out basically, and they've had the decision at the four yard line fourth and two kick a field goal to make it seven to three or go for it, and Barkley got stuffed for no game Like, if I'm the Giants, I'm kicking a field goal there now.
Speaker 5: I like the decision. I just don't like that it was a running play. I would have tried to pass the ball.
Speaker 3: Well, you had the rookie quarterback making his first NFL star get.
Speaker 4: Him outside the pocket. He didn't make it simple.
Speaker 3: What if I'm the Giants in that situation, you can look at it that Okay, it's going to take touchdowns to win the game. But when you got a rookie quarterback and you just got an interception there, I feel like you got to get points on the board. And then you got it's a seven to three game, and you know what the Cowboys wind up doing. They took the ball at their own four yard line and they drove ninety six yards in eight place and it's fourteen.
Speaker 2: But you know what he was thinking, I got I gotta have a touchdown. Yes, we're not gonna get this closer.
Speaker 3: I just get if I'm That's the exact reason why I take the points is at least I'm staying My chances of winning this game are so remote that the only way that I'm going to win this game is if I can cause turnovers for the other team. And so if I can just stay within shouting distance and a field goal at least keeps me within shouting distance, I have a chance to get beat forty nine to seventeen if I go for it here.
Speaker 2: He did some very good self scouting, and he knew what their capabilities were, and he didn't think they were going to get down there again.
Speaker 4: And we should have done something about it. We knew that.
Speaker 2: You know what this reminds me of two thousand and nine the playoff game at Minnesota. Minnesota was scoring thirty some points a game and the Cowboys were like in fourth and three, fourth and four, and they elected to kick a field goal and it was like forty yards or so something like that, and I'm going, no, you got to score touchdowns against this team. You got to go through it. And then they missed the field.
Speaker 3: The way it reminded me of was not necessarily, but I'll use this as an example, the two thousand and seven playoff game against the Giants where they just stayed within striking distance long enough to win the game.
Speaker 2: And why did they stay within d because.
Speaker 3: They would kick a field goal rather than going forward on.
Speaker 2: Because the cowboy. The Cowboys thought they were going to win the game running the football, and all they did it was almost like a starving man that eats and eats and eats and gets sick. They were going to run, run, run in the first half. If I remember Barber, Marion Barber had like one hundred yards rushing and they only had like thirteen or fourteen points because they couldn't run the ball into the end zone and Tarrell Owens was hurt with a high ankle sprain. He should have never played, and they had nobody else at wide receiver to throw the ball.
Speaker 3: We're almost out of time.
Speaker 2: Here, yeah, okay, and we'll talk to you.
Speaker 3: Like two thousand and seven. I just got to see if I got to call up that.
Speaker 4: Game real quick, real quick.
Speaker 3: And no Giants won the Super Bowl that year, did you?
Speaker 2: Yes? They did. And Williams gave up a big pass at the end of the half to lead the Giants downfield. Williams because he didn't cover the tight end. He's a cornerback safety.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, Roy Williams, College Football Hall of Famer Roy. Yeah, okay, well that does it for this edition. It didn't work to my advantage.
Speaker 2: I knew what I was talking about.
Speaker 3: I was looking to see how many field goes the Giants kicked in that game, but there were none, so it really worked in my ins. I thought was move on. Final score like it was twenty one, seventeen seventeen, it was twenty one, it was.
Speaker 2: The halftime score, but boom, it was.
Speaker 3: Fourteen fourteen.
Speaker 2: And the Cowboys only kicked a field goal the rest of the way.
Speaker 3: Nick Folk, thirty four yard field goals. Well that's what happened, boy, the Giants.
Speaker 4: Yes, we were right you and I'll go whil was wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm going to find an example that supports there's one game lost. No, there's a whole bunch of games back there where teams kickfield goals.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was back then it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't the cool thing to do, go for it every time you get down.
Speaker 2: On Maybe it was the field goals the Cowboys kicked in nineteen eighty nine and Washington, where do they win that game? Like thirteen to three, thirteen to nine, something like.
Speaker 3: It was something like that. Steve Walsh, do you want me to look that up?
Speaker 2: Well you got to do is look in the media.
Speaker 4: Guy.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, let's see who gets there first.
Speaker 2: Well, you've had a head start.
Speaker 3: That was nineteen eighty nine, nineteen eighty nine. Who's going to win, who's gonna win, Who's going to win? Come on, pages, Come on, laptop, let's get all right, come on, it was thirty thirteen three.
Speaker 2: I had it right, I had it right. But we tied the three, all right, that doesn't Everson Walls defense down Doug Williams and they kicked field goals to get to thirteen. That's right there, two of them. Yet it because Jimmy knew that they didn't have the firepower to score touchdown.
Speaker 3: Exactly, which is my point on why you kicked the field goal if you're the New York Giants.
Speaker 4: So the last all right, so I want that argue the last game I started?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was Arizona after that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Arizona was right after that?
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't. Let's see washing, Yes, it was Phoenix and that was the game right in my life? Four twenty fourth.
Speaker 4: There you question my life?
Speaker 2: You started, You started the Phoenix game. That would have been the last.
Speaker 4: True, right, that's true?
Speaker 3: Okay, second to last start.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: That does it for this edition of mix Ships. We'll figure out what we can look up tomorrow on the next edition.
Speaker 4: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.