Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty, and now he Armstrong and Getty. And this may seem a little bit right.
Speaker 3: I made us clear there's there's nothing out there that's actually concerning. People will make everything seem very concerning, because that's one people in politics.
Speaker 4: So rugged, so manly, so handsome. Graham Platner, who's running was not was yet but it soon to be, was running for Senate in Maine.
Speaker 2: This is a big deal.
Speaker 4: This is not just one of those pick a race somewhere and because you're obsessed with politics, focus on it. This is a big deal because the US Senate is basically a fifty to fifty tie and one Senate or this way or that for the Republicans or Democrats could control who's in charge of the US Senate, and that makes all kinds of difference for all kinds of legislation and.
Speaker 2: This and that. I mean, it's a very very big deal.
Speaker 4: So Graham Platner, Democrat, he won the nomination up in Maine and he was going to run against Susan Collins, and he is in theory, although not in actuality, a working class, regular guy who wants to fight the system. Well, theyre you know, he's got the Nazi tattoo. I'm going to assume you've been following this story somewhat because we've talked about it a lot. He's got the Nazi tattoo that he's had his whole adult life, that he explained away, and the fact that he's never had a real job that he's explained away. And then The New York Times did a story several weeks back that had all kinds of ougie ish but not horrible stories about his dating life. For some reason, the New York Times did a softball piece about Graham Platner not being a good guy to date, with nothing that was like over the top disqualifying. And not only that, the story was written in such a way. I remember Joe counting the paragraphs they buried. The most explosive thing about the guy, where he was twisting the woman's arm behind her back.
Speaker 2: One woman that he was dating.
Speaker 4: They buried that in like paragraph twenty three, after doing a puff piece around him. So the New York Times several weeks ago had quotes from a bunch of different women of stuff that's like, okay, that sounds kind of bad, but that's not I don't know, he said. She said, no, no, no, it just kind of went away. And so that clip we just played a Graham Platner saying there's nothing out that's actually concerning. That clip was him being interviewed on MSNBC after that New York Times piece came out. Well, one of the women featured in that New York Times piece, Jenny Rackacott, she had more to say. She did not tell the New York Times that she had been raped by Graham Plattner, but she did tell her some more horrifying stuff that, for whatever reason, the New York Times didn't put in the piece. The New York Times also didn't contact any of her friends who were easily gotten to well. Politico and CNN, among other news outlets, have dug into this story more over the last couple of days, and this Jenny Rackacott is now out on the record talking about having been flat out no wishy washy this or that, no kind of alluding to something bad but not saying it out loud. She just flat out saying she was raped. She told Jake Tapper on CNN the other day, and Political is out with more details around that, which we can get into. We'll lay this out for if you haven't heard it. What it's going to mean is that this grand Platner guy is going to have to get out of the race. I mean, I think that's almost guaranteed, which means the Republicans most likely will hold onto that seat, which means the Republicans have a really good chance of holding onto the Senate even if the Democrats take the House, which matters a lot for legislation and for Donald Trump. Okay, let's start here. This is Jenny Ractcott on CNN with Jake Tapper telling the story just a couple of days ago.
Speaker 5: So he had kind of like jumped on top of me and indicated that he had intentions that were sexual in nature. And I remember just at first being like, hey, I'm not into this, Like I'm not in the mood like don't what whatever. And it got to the point where I was like, Okay, I feel like I've said this enough times, like he's not listening to me or he's not hearing me. And I looked at him and I remember this very specific look in his eyes and I could smell alcohol, and I was like, this.
Speaker 4: Is different, uh Rasicott, I guess is the way you pronounce her name? Sorry about that. Jenny Rasicott goes on with Jake Tapper.
Speaker 5: I remember specifically him like grabbing at my chest and I like hit his hand and I said, don't touch me. And I remember that during the altercation specifically, he kept going yeah, and it was this weird mix of like coming in and out of I don't think consciousness is the word, but like coming to and kind of falling back into that drunken I don't know what I'm doing state and yeah, and he just he would apologize in those moments and then go back to doing what he was doing.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 1: Grand Platt rejects these claims. He released a video responding on social media.
Speaker 4: She U By the way, so that clip where she's talking to Jake Tapper, she's talking about him that wasn't completely clear. She's talking about him coming in and out of consciousness because he was so hammered drunk. She thinks that he was like blacking out, which he very well may have. Jake Tapper and Jenny Resact go on way that he.
Speaker 7: Thought this was consensual or no, just because I don't.
Speaker 5: Believe that you can think that that scenario is consensual, you have to understand that that wasn't when some of these repeatedly, I mean, when somebody in the middle of it says, don't touch me, like, that's obviously not consensual.
Speaker 2: Uh one.
Speaker 4: And this is no way to judge these sorts of things, really, But sometimes these accusers sound like whack jobs. Whack Jobs get raped also, so that's not proof of it, but sometimes the whack jobs sound like whack jobs because they're whack jobs. Like the accuser with Brett Kavanaugh, she was all kinds of a whack job. I don't think what she claimed happened. You know, she never told her friends about it, blah blah blah, all the different sort of stuff. This woman, Jenny Rascott, clearly does not sound like a whack job. And to the is there some sort of political reason you've come forward? Jake Tapper gets into that.
Speaker 3: Just to underlin the point you're not coming forward.
Speaker 7: Because you have any political motivation.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: That was actually one of the huge reasons that I didn't come forward and still struggled like that was a huge moral conflict to feel like because.
Speaker 3: You'd like a Democrat to be in the Senate.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like the things that he speaks about. They're important, They're important to people. I'm one of those people.
Speaker 4: She didn't want to derail his candidacy because she believes in the sorts of things that he does. She likes his ads, she likes his policies, but she didn't like the idea of a rapist becoming a US senator. One more clip of her with Jake Tapper, and.
Speaker 3: The New York Times story came out. You were in it, but you didn't.
Speaker 1: Go as far in that story as you are today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to. I didn't want to have to violate this huge level of privacy to my own life to be able to infer that this person is not honest and trustworthy. I felt really protective of my own privacy throughout this whole process, and it got to a point where my privacy was no longer going to happen. And that was when I kind of just made the decision that, like, I'm going to say my piece and get it out there.
Speaker 4: There are lots We got a text earlier saying If he's guilty, then how come nobody's going to jail.
Speaker 2: She's not.
Speaker 4: She didn't go to the cops. She's not trying to have him arrested for rape. And it's not well, it's not uncommon, and it's not hard to imagine that there are lots of women that just they want to try to move on with their lives.
Speaker 2: They don't want.
Speaker 4: To go through the incredible hassle that it would be to actually confront somebody charge them with rape, all the different things, the trial, reliving it, the pushback you're going to get in the courtroom.
Speaker 2: Not everybody wants to deal with that.
Speaker 4: And I can understand why now filling in some of the gaps from Politico. Oh, by the way, Graham Platner swears up and down that this didn't happen. He didn't do it. He's innocent and now be proved. Although he has suspended his campaign, Chuck Schumer, the leader of the Democrats in the Senate, has come out and said Platner needs to get out of the race. So I have a whole bunch of other prominent Democrats who had stood by him through all these other kind of whispers and accusations, light that have been going on for several weeks. A bunch of politicians, including most importantly Chuck Schumer, had stood by him. Now they're calling for him to get out, which means it's over. It's just a matter of time before he gets out of the race. But filling in some more of the details from Politico because I think this is important to the whole thing. That night in late twenty twenty one, she said she had exchanged text messages with him and told him not to come over. So he did the classic booty call or booty text. He's drunk and here's somebody that he had dated for a while and they'd had con sexual sex in the past, and he texts her late at night because he's hoping to have sex again. I mean, that's you know, it's in all kinds of sitcoms, TV shows, everything.
Speaker 2: It's a thing.
Speaker 4: She said, do not come over. I'm not in the mood for company. Later that evening, she realized when she heard a sound on the stairs that he had come into her house. She didn't have her door locked. Common thing, if you live in certain kinds of neighborhoods, you don't lock your door. If you live in big cities, maybe you can't imagine that, But in lots of the world, maybe most of the country, it's perfectly normal to have your house unlocked. He just came in. She told him specifically, don't come over, and he came into his house. Now I've seen it as force his way into his house. I'm perfectly fine with that language. That's what he did. She said, don't come in, and he came out without came into her house without her approval. Then he sits down on the couch. Platner comes up the stairs, Rasacot said, to where she was on the couch. He got on top of her and kept grabbing her, she said, while she repeatedly told him to stop and that she wasn't interested. She said that he smelled out. She smelled alcohol in his breath and believed he was almost blackout drunk because he ignored her protests and continued to grab after knocked over some stuff in the in the room, spilling things everywhere, making a big mess. I had been telling him these words like no, don't, she recalled, and the look on his face and realizing what was happening. I just realized, like that, I'm in a situation where there is no consent here, she said. She tried to separate herself from Platner by telling him she couldn't be in that room anymore, after which he followed her to her bedroom and had sex with her against her will. Uh he completed the act. I won't go into the details, but she was not using birth controls, so she was worried that she was going to be pregnant when she returned to the room. She left the room. After that he was done because he fell asleep. She came back, he was completely passed out. She contemplated waking up to kick him out, but worried he could hurt someone driving in the state.
Speaker 2: He was in.
Speaker 4: All right, I don't know if I would do that, but she gets to make these decisions. The following morning, Platner tried to put his arm around her. She pushed him away.
Speaker 2: She said. She asked him.
Speaker 4: Whether he remembered what had happened the previous night. Platner said he didn't remember. She said she told him to leave and never contact her again. She waited several weeks until she got her period to ensure she wasn't pregnant, then sent Platner a private message on Instagram saying that the encounter was not consensual and she did not want to hear from him ever. Again, she had no further contact with him after that. Now, she deleted all her texts in her social media correspondence with Platner, so she can't prove bring back that Instagram post where she told him that.
Speaker 2: But and I think this is key stuff.
Speaker 4: She told friends, including her best friend at the time, about the sexual assault, who have testified too well, testified is not the right term because that's a legal term. But they have told Politico and CNN and other outlets that yes, these friends said, yes, she did tell us about this five years ago, right after it happened. And the next guy that she dated in a serious relationship, she told all about this incident, and he passed that fact along to Politico. That's the sort of evidence they use in rape cases like this, when you've got, you know, happened at the time, testimony from people who say, yeah, this is the story she told me. That's the sort of thing that, for instance, didn't exist with that crackpot woman in the Kavanaugh case. But yeah, I think it, I think this happened. She's a very credible witness. Those are very credible pieces of information for our friends and her ex boyfriend and et cetera.
Speaker 2: And he's going to have to get out of the race. It's over for him.
Speaker 4: The fact that the New York Times soft pedal this story, didn't dig into it more that they're not the ones that broke the story. What the hell is going on there? That's a question that still needs to be answered. But wonder what you think about all this text line four one five two nine five k FTC more on the way.
Speaker 7: I wanted to directly address the troubling, serious and false allegations against me. Any accusation of non consensual behavior is categorically false, regardless of the inaccuracy of the reporting, but mindful of political reality it will inflect, we are taking the time to reflect on the best path forward for the state that I love, the people that I love, the I belong to, and the goal of defeating Susan Collins.
Speaker 4: Has anybody ever paused their campaign during a controversy and then restarted it in one? I don't even know if I can remember anybody ever pausing their campaign and not dropping out. That's Graham Plattner, the guy it's running for the Senate in main woman came forward quite credibly accusing him of rape, as being reported lots of different places, and now he's starting to lose support among Democrats who had previously supported him through other bad news. There's an example of the reporting on.
Speaker 1: That Democratic California Congressman Rocanna, who campaigned with Platner for a while. Among those telling him to drop out, he posted this Brett. I've been very clear that sexual assault or violence against women is a red line. These allegations are very serious and credible. Grand Platner should drop out from the race. I'm with drawing my endorsement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the fact that Rocana is out and Chuck Schumer's out and so he's done, Grand Platner will get out of the race. We just wanted to tell you the story in case she didn't catch it over the long holiday weekend. Oh Rasacotter. We've heard her name pronounce three different ways. We're not sure which is correct, But she showed political emails with her therapist in which she explained she was talking to the media about her relationship. So she's been dealing with this with her therapist, and she had been emailing her therapist before, long before Plattner ever got into politics about this. In fact, she reached out to a friend who was thinking about dating the guy and she said, don't date a me'se bad news. And again this is before any of the political stuff came out. And to repeat again, she likes his politics. She just doesn't like him as a guy because he's a rapist allegedly, and factually she likes his politics. She hates to derail his candidacy. She doesn't want a Republican to win the Senate, but she decided that she needed to come for So I just want to get that out there because it's going to be worthless news by tomorrow when he has gotten out of the race, which I think will be the case, and we don't need rapists or perhaps more rapists in the Senate. More stuff on the way. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on.
Speaker 2: Demand Armstrong and Getty, beg of bge Bego, Tear rever tear what oh lord ow loud?
Speaker 9: What do what you doing?
Speaker 2: Tear boy? And so what was that, Michael? What did we just hear?
Speaker 8: Hey, gentleman who is in a wheelchair, He goes and lights a firework. Okay, but instead of backing up, he just lets the same go off, and so he just basically stands around it and they're telling him back up, back up, back up.
Speaker 2: Well he's in a wheelchair. Is he sitting around it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's just kind of sitting around it, but he's enjoying it. But the sparks are going around. Luckily he's not getting burned or anything. They're yelling the guys, I'll Terry, back up, Terry back up.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Did he end up in a wheelchair because of that level of decision making? I have no idea, but it's a funny video. Yeah, that's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would like to know the background on whie he's a wheelchair? There might be a backstory there that would you know, be self explanatory there. So we're back after a vacation. Joe's not back yet. He's still doing his fortieth wedding anniversary, longest vacation of his life thing, and he'll be back in a couple of days.
Speaker 2: I am back and happy to be back into my regular routine.
Speaker 4: I my youngest, my fourteen year old, is doing three boy Scout camps in a row. He's doing three weeks with boy Scout camps in like twenty four days. He's only going to be home like long enough to do some laundry and repack and then had to head out on another trip. So good for him, and he's having a really good time so far, and that's awesome. It's been very, very weird not having him around because he's been around because he's homeschool practically every minute of his life, my last fourteen years of my life. So it's very weird having him gone. But so it leaves me and my sixteen year old. I've had time to do some stuff and we did a vacation kind of just the two of us, which was really fun. We loaded our dirt butt bikes in the back of my truck and we went over to Nevada and we got a place we ride south of Carson City that's really fun, and then we drove down to just north of Vegas is a really cool off road place to ride motorcycles, and we were in Vegas. We used Vegas as our home base for about three days and stayed in a hotel and ran around there, eating and looking at the sights and seeing street performers and all that sort of stuff. But one of the things I did in Las Vegas was rent a car. Now, I had decided to rent some sort of cool car. That's a popular thing to do in Vegas, and you can rent Lamborghinis and Ferraris and classic cars and all kinds of different stuff. And I didn't know what I was gonna rent. I went to this place and I was thinking about maybe getting a Lamborghini because my son's really into him, just from videos he watches and stuff like that, and all of his favorite rappers drive Lamborghinis. Have you ever sat in a Lamborghini if you're over five ten, I don't know how you could possibly drive a Lamborghini and not be miserable. There is no back seat, the seats up against the wall, and with the seat as far back as it go. I'm a little over six foot tall. My knees were in my neck, and just plus getting out of there. At my age, I kind of had to roll out onto the pavement and crawl out of the car, and I thought, I don't want to do this for several days, so the Lamborghini thing was off, and I ended up renting a nineteen sixty six Mustang GT three fifty, which is a very very cool car. It's got the Cobra symbol on the back, and the place that rents them out they try all kinds of different exhaust systems on them to find the one that sounds the coolest. And so not only does it look super badass, but it sounded just amazing when you romped on it. I mean it had the throat of just I mean, it was fantastic. So we drove around Vegas in that for every place we're going, and we drug the strip at night. We'd drive up and down Las Vegas Boulevard where all the people are in front of all the and everybody giving me thumbs up and high fives at the window and at every crosswalk they're just all excited, and people taking pictures and people asking me about it. And I didn't tell anybody. If people got into a conversation with me, I would tell it, tell them it was a rental. But most people I didn't say, hey, it's a rental.
Speaker 2: I didn't do that. I just took in the glory. Is that okay?
Speaker 4: Because I just thought, what's the point of making this a complicated interaction?
Speaker 9: For two, So he lived a lie. Right, I lived a lie for several days. But I mean, it's so much cool car. Man, I didn't say it's a rental.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I didn't feel that like that was necessary.
Speaker 4: I didn't feel like that helped their experience, my experience, anybody's experience. So you're right, I lived a lie. I pretended a guy who had that cool car. I have no idea what one of those is worth, but man, the amount of attention you get. I mean I couldn't go anywhere. I just go to a parking lot and pull into parks so we could go into the Walgreens and get some ibuprofen or something like that. And people are wanting to get selfies with it. And I can see why, especially if you're a single guy. I suppose I didn't even think about that why people get cars like that, because this is just it was just a person magnet. It was amazing, and uh, somebody, I know, I'm not gonna say I did this because it would be highly illegal and break the contract and get me in all kinds of trouble because I have to sign like nineteen different pieces of paper when you rent one of these cars in terms of responsibility and in terms of hurting anybody or hurting the car or anything like that. Somebody I know who rented a similar car, who has a sixteen year old, let their sixteen year old drive it, and he thought it was the coolest experience of his life. Obviously, getting to drive one of these cars. I'd never driven one in my life, and he's sixteen, and I let him drive around and romp on it and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And man, if he'd erect that thing, I would I.
Speaker 4: Would have had this, Or if we got pulled over, we'd have had to switch seats before the cops got in the car. I mean, I can't even imagine how much trouble I would be in if that happened.
Speaker 2: But man, did he love that.
Speaker 4: We went down to If you're a Vegas person, you know they've got a racetrack south of Vegas where you can rent Ferraris and Lamborghinis and stuff like that and drive them around a racetrack if you want as fast as you can go. I've never done that. It's real expensive, and I'm just I'm not into driving cars that much. But you can also have a guy take you out in a Highway Patrol Dodge Charger hellcat and you just ride in the car and it's an expert driver, and he goes flying around the track and drifting around the corners and doing three six sees.
Speaker 2: And stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I paid for that, and he and I did that. I got hellnauseious because I'm an old man, but that was very very cool. This guy just smokes his tires all the way around this racetrack. We're going one hundred and ten. When he was on the straightaways then sliding around the corners. That was a very very cool thing to do. I'm glad we did that. That's fun.
Speaker 2: That's South Vegas if you've never been.
Speaker 4: Like I said earlier, people that don't know, Vegas is a family vacation destination number two only tour or Orlando.
Speaker 2: There's tons of stuff do there.
Speaker 4: I feel like swimming, if you like VR, if you like those escape rooms, if you any of that kind of stuff that people do for fun, they've got it in Las Vegas. They also have hors and gambling. But if you don't want a horse and gambling, you can do something else. Lots of hors and gambling, street performers all over the place, super entertaining love that sort of thing, you know, you see people doing acrobatics or musicians or whatever that whatever the heck you want to see. Oh, and my son, he went out walking around. I went to bed, and he went out walking around this trip late one night, and he saw Connor McGregor going down the street with his posse. Because Connor McGregor's got a big fight coming up in Vegasy, he must be training in in uh in Las Vegas, because he was out doing any and and uh, Sam my son said, he walks in real life just like he does on TV. When you see him, he struts and swings his arm back and forth like he wants to fight everybody he walks by. It's just Connor McGray that's that's really him.
Speaker 2: Apparently he didn't ask for an autograph.
Speaker 8: Divity.
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't get very close to Connor McGregor because you catch him in the wrong mood and he's gonna sucker punch you because he's a coward and a punk and I hate him, but he is quite the personality. One news thing. We have to get to him. Trying to decide whether I do it next segment or next hour. Mayor Mom Donnie of New York did a anti America video for the fourth of July. On this two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of this country. People say we're an exceptional country. We're not exceptional. Look at all these things that are wrong with us. Blow to crap. That got a lot of attention and a lot of pushback online that I want to get into a little bit.
Speaker 2: That whole crowd that hates America. I've got a new theory about that. Get there.
Speaker 4: You're so annoying, Please leave, And yeah, I get the First Amendment and you're allowed to say it, and it's what I don't care. Leave if you hate it, leave, just leave what you just We'll all do gofundmes.
Speaker 2: There's plenty of that.
Speaker 4: We're a rich enough country to afford plane tickets for every freaking one of you a holes.
Speaker 2: To fly out of the country.
Speaker 4: You hate it so much, go where you think it's better and live your life there and shot app more.
Speaker 2: On that later. Get hell out of here, I agree wholeheartedly. Stay here.
Speaker 4: More than I got so many things to talk about. I got so many notes that have taken over the last week and a half. As we've been off. Here's one of the things that happened a while we're off, because June was Pride month and there are some big Pride events going on all of June and the week we are off. I'll set this up this way. David Brooks is he still what the New York Times used to be?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 4: He was on PBS and he identified what's going on with the new democratic socialist wing of the Democrats. As we all know before we went on vacation, the socialist crowd beat out some mainstream Democrats and are now going to end up in Congress. And another one one just the other day in Michigan, another socialist one. And what David Brooks pointed out is that the party's energy has shifted from unions to the universities, in particular, from the working class to the woke world there. And then even within that, there has been a shift just recently from sexuality stuff being the focus of the woke wing of the Democratic Party to Israel Gaza being the focus of the woke wing of the Democratic Party. And here's some proof of this right now. Because it used to be if you wanted to be in good favor with that crowd, the loudest, craziest, to my mind, part of the Democratic Party. You just had to be good on all the trans stuff and you know the you know, all that sort of stuff, and you were fine. That's not the case anymore. See here Scott Wiener, who we've been talking about forever because city council member in San Francisco. He's been San Francisco politics forever, gay man like on the most outer edge of pro all kinds of weird sexual behavior. And I'm not calling being gay weird sexual behavior. I'm calling being naked in front of a school weird sexual behavior. He's been in favor of that for very, very many many years. And he used to be fine with the woke left because he was so pro trans, pro this, pro that, pro everything that had to do with sexual stuff. But he was not on the right right side of Israel in Gaza. And so he shows up to the big uh gay pride parade, trans this or that thing they had in San Francisco, and he got met with some protesters.
Speaker 2: Here's what it sounded like.
Speaker 6: You've been wonderful for trans people, and you've been terrible.
Speaker 2: When you've been terrible, you've been terrible. You've been terrible, Gaza.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had a whole bunch of people screaming at him about how he was killing brown people, and you know, all the sort of stuff that that crowd yells at people. They were yelling at what used to be one of their own, Scott Wiener, because he has been in favor of Israel all these years and taking money from their various supporting groups and all that sort of thing. So who cares that you're on the right side of the trans issue. You're on the wrong side of the Israel thing. Here's Scott Wiener explaining what that was like.
Speaker 6: This went beyond free speech. You know, I represent San Francisco. We have a very robust democracy, and people do not hesitate to tell me when they agree or disagree with me. People will challenge my views, will have conversations, people will sometimes record me. And that's all fine, that's all protected First Amendment speech.
Speaker 2: Here it was different.
Speaker 6: I went to the park to attend the trans march, attending a trans led pride Shabbat first, and I was and these folks ran towards me and swarmed around me. They were a few of them touched me, and they were you know, screaming at me while they were doing it and trying to bully me and intimidate me out of the park, and I ended up leaving because it wasn't safe for me to remain.
Speaker 4: Really, that must be really awful. It was awful for people who opposed some of the various trans things that were going on, like trans athletes, you know, winning competitions and schools and whatnot. And when they would try to stand up at a city council meeting and say, you know, I don't think boys should be playing girls' sports, they.
Speaker 2: Would have that sort of thing happen to them.
Speaker 4: Swarmed me, touched me, screamed at me, bullied me, forced me out of the room, wouldn't let me speak. Sorry that happened to you, Scott, but that sort of thing has been happening to people trying to speak up about against some of the craziness in the trans world. You were fine with that, though, because then you were one of the favored children of that group. Now you're on the wrong side of this Israel Gaza issue and you're finding out what it's like to be shouted down by crazy Anyway, the main point of this to me is that the center of gravity for the woke crowd has moved from the sexual orientation stuff to the gaza stuff, as you have seen with AOC or a whole bunch of these people who have won as socialist. Mamdani himself there in New York City, that's the topic that he got to be on the right side of right now, and it's going to be interesting to see how that plays out through the next election. Got a little more on that coming up later. Bill Maher started talking about some of these new socialists that won elections, talking about the woke mind virus. I've become convinced that that America hateen crowd, and it doesn't matter which subject they pick, that's more of just an excuse, whether it's a trans thing, or you decide it's Israel and Gazo or whatever it is, inequality, billionaires, whatever, that weird self hating thing.
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 4: A mental illness of some sort. I think it should be in the DSM, that's the big book that they put out.
Speaker 2: Every couple of years, a new edition with mental illnesses in it.
Speaker 4: I think there actually is some sort of mental illness or flaw or psychosis or something that goes on with that crowd where they need to hate their own tribe to be okay. And I'm not exactly sure what drives it, but I don't think it's the particulars that we argue about all the time. I think it's that mental problem.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: I got some more examples of that, maybe I can get to an hour or four, including Mayor Mamdani of New York and his weird anti American two hundred and fiftieth Birthday video he put out actually sitting at George Washington's desk as he delivered this anti American screed. We're gonna check in on the Supreme Court with Anastasia Boden, who he really really like an hour four though, a couple of big rulings that came down while we were on vacation, speaking of trans the whole ken high schools say no, boys can't participate in girls' sports.
Speaker 2: Well, the Supreme Court says, Yep, you're allowed.
Speaker 7: To do that.
Speaker 4: It was misreported in a lot of places, but that's what the ruling was. We'll talk about that in some of the other big Supreme Court rulings that came down in hour four. If you miss a segment get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. So many things to catch up on. Do you know people with hangovers to get ived drips in Vegas? Do you know that's a common thing. That's one of the things I want to talk about. You can do it in the mall. You can go into the mall and get an IV drip if you're two hungover anyway, join us for hour four, won't you?
Speaker 5: Armstrong and Getty