Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them.
Speaker 3: Be like Joshua or.
Speaker 2: The sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started.
Speaker 4: I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan.
Speaker 2: For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 5: Welcome to our two of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: All right, welcome back our number two Kentucky Sports Radio, Ryan Drew and Shannon Clarks Pumpishop phone line is open eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. Had some good calls so far. Haven't awarded the whiskey thief call the day yet though it's coming. Maybe the one that called in about Uh the UK Baseball game which is at in Lexington. Everybody knows it's in Lexton.
Speaker 6: Everybody knows. We all know us. Whoever our watch part even knows too.
Speaker 4: Mohammed Diabate, there you go, and Yellovich yea, Andreas Yellovich, there you go. Okay, we'll work on it.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: We also have another kind of watch party, so to speak. We want to tell you about Tyler Childers is performing here Saturday night over at Kroger Field. So do your pre gaming over here. Come over here in the pre game. You can post game, but you can park here if you eat here, not just our restaurant, but any of the restaurants here. The parking lot is open as long as you eat at one of the restaurants.
Speaker 8: Your pain customers sport us or HALLAFEENO or tilted killed any of our neighbors. Just someone on the block.
Speaker 4: Because people were asking asking me, like where you park. Well, I'm sure they'll have paid parking there at the stadium, but you can park here. It's not that long a walk. It's a short walk to the stadium. We can take an uber or something from here, eat, come back post game after the concert, and do everything you want to right here.
Speaker 8: I'll be pre game in here for the concert. Weather's not looking great. We need mother nature to oh is it to help us out here? Tyler is even sick. He's canceled three straight shows on the rest of his tour. But hopefully everything gets lined up before Saturday. I'm looking forward to that. I didn't I didn't get to go when Stapleton didn't need Kroger Field, so I've never seen a concert over there. I hope everything can go smoothly. We can have a Saturday.
Speaker 4: They said it was awesome though, the people of the Wind said stay with the concert was awesome, So I'm sure it'll be. It'll be a pack, It'll be full and be a great show by Tyler Chillding'll be all like his what he's doing eight five nine two two eighty seven. That's the phone or if you want to call and get on board.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: We mentioned the NBA playoffs, the playing games tonight. One guy, I wish Mario was here because he's right here.
Speaker 3: He's right here next to him.
Speaker 4: Okay, get him on with you because here.
Speaker 3: Let me get you some headphones here, just use mine.
Speaker 6: Mario made the trip to Louisville.
Speaker 4: Made the trip to Louisville because.
Speaker 8: He got tired of taking pictures of us. He wanted to go get pictures of Shannon and Terry.
Speaker 4: And Mitch McConnell, right, and Mitch McConnell and with Terry miners today.
Speaker 6: Well, Mitch you're here, why don't you go and tell Mario what's ahead?
Speaker 10: Mark laugh when he starts talking, because that's what I'm gonna think about when he starts talking.
Speaker 4: Oh water, dogs don't like it when you're blow in their face. I like to pick their head all the window at all. Okay.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: I want to make fun of Bronny. He's your boy, because he doesn't deserve to be in the NBA. And he got he got. He got to start the last game of the year. He gets to start if lebron is not there. He never sees daylight in the NBA.
Speaker 10: Right, I don't know if I one hundred percent agree with you in that.
Speaker 4: Okay to your argument, have you watched his.
Speaker 10: G League games?
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 10: He's been playing well in the G League games, Oh he has. He's getting better slowly, very slowly. Ran. You gotta give him some give him a chance. He's the fifty fifth pick. By the way, if you forgot.
Speaker 4: Was he is he an NBA player?
Speaker 10: Yes, he is an NBA player.
Speaker 4: That's a stretch.
Speaker 8: And you're talking about Mario's goat here. You gotta put some respect on Bronnie.
Speaker 4: I know, well the reason I brought it up because I know he's a Bronnie guy.
Speaker 10: Is he an NBA star?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 10: Is he an NBA starter?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 10: Is he an NBA rotational player? No.
Speaker 4: I watched NBA.
Speaker 10: I would say, what's the word, I'm looking for? Prospect? Yeah, develop a little bit.
Speaker 4: No, not yet. I watched the I believe it was the Lakers and the Pelicans, and Pelicans had just, you know, five G League guys out there. No offense to Antonio raezer key on Brooks. The Lakers were playing their main guys because it was a I guess foreseeing purposes they needed to win that game. Bronnie didn't get into like the last three minutes of the game. He shot three shots airball, hit a three pointer airball.
Speaker 10: Give him a break, Ryan, have you seen you know he had like seventeen in an NBA game like the other night against the.
Speaker 6: Bucks, took Jannis off the dribble he took.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Drew. I know you saw that highlight, Ryan, Yeah, it was all over social media.
Speaker 4: So he's you're you're saying we just need to sit tight. He's getting better.
Speaker 10: He's getting better, slowly but surely true.
Speaker 8: I'm more worried that you're getting You're gonna get Mario worked up before he goes. Was sitting to McConnell here and make some tiktoks with him. Are you gonna have Mitch McConnell like dance? What's the social media game you got for Mitch McConnell today? You always make us answer funny questions? Or Ryan and I did the thing where we couldn't hear each other and had to read each other's lips.
Speaker 10: So you we're gonna be doing a part two of that. I'm waiting. I don't see Shannon often, so my game plans to get him to do one as well. But yeah, but I don't know, Mitch McConnell, I don't know that.
Speaker 5: You should play some audio of Ryan doing his Mitch McConnell impersonation. Ask Mitch who is this person impersonating?
Speaker 8: That's a good no.
Speaker 4: I'm sure.
Speaker 10: What if he doesn't know, and then I have to tell him it's to him.
Speaker 3: Like even better, who's this bubbling idiot?
Speaker 4: It's Moron's doing? Terry miners? Of course, is what he's doing.
Speaker 8: This sounds like an awesome game since I'll be in another city and won't have to deal with it, so I think you should give it a shot.
Speaker 4: I think he should ask him, ask him about Bronnie he likes. I'm sure he does. Yeah, all right, Well good luck with him, Mario. You all right?
Speaker 6: I lean a little more of your side there, Ryan.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's more that Lebron hyped him up so much, like he tweeted, he's better than half the guys in the league. Lebron went too far with a lot of the promotion, and now he, I mean, Bronni's getting what Broun put him in that spot.
Speaker 6: We all knew what was coming.
Speaker 4: I hope Mario's right that Bronni's getting better, He's working on his game, and maybe a couple of years he can be a bench player, role player off the bench. I just don't see it right now.
Speaker 6: Unlikely. It certainly looked like Dad held his hand to get him to the leak.
Speaker 4: So the other story I want to ask you about was come from the Masters. I guess it came out. Was it yesterday where Bryson d Chambeau said that Rory didn't say one word to him during the entire round, not one word. What's your take on it. You're the golfer of the group, You're in the final round of the Masters, You're trying to beat the guy beside you. You're walking side by side a lot of times down the fairway. Not one word spoken between those dudes the whole round.
Speaker 8: I think it's a huge overreaction. I see people saying it's PGA vers live. I wouldn't really expect guys to talk if they're in the final round of the Masters, going head to head, and then Bryson by the turn he's completely out of it. I mean, you got one guy trying to win it and get over the hump. And he's zero for eleven and trying to get the career of Grand Slam. We saw much it means to Rory, I wouldn't expect them to talk, so I don't think it's a big deal all. I think people are overreacting. If I were in Rory's shoes, I probably wouldn't talk to Bryson. Has nothing with Bryson. I'm just focused and worried about myself, Shannon. But that's how I read it.
Speaker 5: The only talking I would be doing would be trash talking. Otherwise I wouldn't be like, Hey, how's your family, how are you doing? I'm trying to beat this person, and when you know you're competing for millions of dollars in a championship, I'm not going to be sitting there just exchanging pleasantries with the guy I'm trying to beat, you see. I was mentioning this on the pre show though, Ryan, you know, you see it all the time in baseball, more so I think than anything. Guy gets on first base, sits there and chats up the first baseman, you know, for the entire next to bat. I'm not really a fan of that even I mean, I know what happens, but Ryan, you're a baseball you know, purist? Do you like you know opposing guys in baseball chatting each other up on first base?
Speaker 4: I tell you who never talks is the picture. Pitcher will never talk to opposing player. Never. You just don't talk because it kind of the similar with Rory and d Schambeau. You're competing against that guy one on one. If you're if you're a pitcher, I'm not talking to you before a game, I'm talking to you. I'm not never, I'm not and I played together. I wouldn't even talk to Shane Nymani's a Bellerman.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't even talk to me during the pickleball game. While I was kicking your butt, you wouldn't talk to me.
Speaker 4: I was trying to catch my breath.
Speaker 6: And Bryce and Rory talked on the first two.
Speaker 8: There's a video of him like high fiven and patting each other on the back, and then the round starts. What are they supposed to talk about it? You're not gonna say good shot? Yeah, you're not gonna ask for a read or what do you want to say? How's how's the family? No, I'm playing golf. I'm trying to win.
Speaker 6: The Masters. I think it's a big overreaction.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm I lean with you. It is a big overreaction. You're they're competing at the greatest golf tournament in the world.
Speaker 8: A stressful golf tournament, too much at that moment. Yeah, I mean, what are they supposed to say to each other?
Speaker 4: I wonder if, like, do the caddies even talk to each other.
Speaker 8: The caddies probably talk to each other, and there's a little bit of caddies like you get the flag, I'll get flag. You know, there's a little bit of caddies speak. No, I wouldn't expect much, though.
Speaker 5: So what's Djambo's like problem. Do he try to talk to Rory and Rory wouldn't talk back, because I mean, that's a that's a two way straight here.
Speaker 4: So a reporter asked him afterwards, what did Rory say to you? And he said something like he didn't say one word to me the whole round.
Speaker 3: But wait, he said anything to Rory though?
Speaker 4: First well, I don't know, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it just seemed like Bryce was answering the question, and everybody ran with that, thinking there's beef fair. Maybe there's a little bit because of live But I just, I mean, you put me in their shoes. I don't want to I don't want to talk to anybody. I'll talk to my caddie, but I'm focused. And Rory H. Shannon said this. I appreciation. I'm not taking your joke. But Rory was felt like he was eating the whole round. I don't think he could have talked to anybody.
Speaker 5: Hit a mouthful of protein bars the entire time.
Speaker 4: Well, Shannon's right, Like in baseball, you get the first base they're talking a lot. Most of the time. The first baseman talks to everybody. Like in a basketball game, you see it when somebody shooting a free throw. You'll see two guards behind the you know, Lamont Butler and DJ Wagner. They may say something to each other, you know, kind of a little bit.
Speaker 5: But I think you see it more in baseball, just because the game's slower. You know, like when Freddy Freeman left the Braves and he's he's on first Babe. Now he's with the Dodgers and he's playing the Braves. He's on first base, He's gonna be sitting there talking to at Olson or whoever it is. You know, I think that's that's where you see it probably the most in sports, and in golf.
Speaker 8: The only time he talks on the tea box after you hit you got your separate ways. Especially Sunday, it seems like one of them was in the woods on about every hole or in the pine straw. So I mean maybe on the tee you still, I don't know what you'd say, like you're up, excuse me, It's not a great time to have a conversation.
Speaker 4: There were there were times where they were walking like maybe three feet apart from each other down the fairway, and it just seem like you could tell they were like this laser focus. They're not going to be having any small talk. You know, what are you doing tomorrow?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you get the permena cheese, Yet you know what are you supposed to say? I think it's overblown.
Speaker 4: Completely, dru says, overblown, Shannon about you overblown? Yeah, I'm also overblown. But it was a big deal yesterday on social media, people talking about him trying to make Rory be out to be the bad guy.
Speaker 8: Really, yep, he was just dialed in trying to win the Masters.
Speaker 4: I did see a video clip that they found of Rory when he was like four years old on some show in Ireland talking about how you used to chip balls enemy's hallway into his mom's washer.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, there's a story. His dad can only afford like one range token, so he told him, it's like I don't get paid n till next week, so this is your only bucket of ball, so hit every ball like it's to win the Masters. So he didn't come for much and still made that climb. It's it's a good story.
Speaker 4: Well, like I said, and that's why it was so emotional for him because it's not just a big deal for him his family that gave every sacrifice, a lot everything to help him again on this pass. So congratulations Roy. All Right eight five nine two A two two eight seven. We'll open up the phone lines again and get some people on board. Eight five nine two itIt oh Cats, Ryan Drew and Shannon, this is Kentucky's Ports Radio. All Right, welcome back Kentucky's Ports Radio. Ryan Drew and Shannon got an update on our Webster County base dealer. Jackson Eden's okay. He has started since an eighth grader, so he started for five years for Webster County but still, that's over thirty stolen bases a year.
Speaker 6: So Travis Perry move.
Speaker 4: It is Travis Perry. Travis Perry was scorning varsity points as a seventh grader. What's so amazing about him? I have nine to two two eighty seven, Ryan, Drew, and Shannon. So who we got our first caller.
Speaker 3: Shannon, Johnny VERSACEI.
Speaker 4: Johnny Versace, go ahead, Johnny Versachi. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I hadn't called in a little while. I've been missing you guys. Is it too early to get excited about the TVT and can we get to Marcus Cousins to play?
Speaker 4: Well, that's funny you said that because TVT announced today there are two first two commitments for this season, Doron Lamb and DeAndre Liggins, two guys that we're very familiar with, and they're both scheduled to be on this show this week at some point.
Speaker 8: Drew, Yeah, d Lamb, d Liggins. They got Willie too, So this was the second and third. But I think everyone knows my opinions on Deron Lamb coming home. Uh, he is one of my goats of Kentucky basketball. I can't believe he's not in the rafters, and I fully expect TBT will win the whole thing and he'll be the MVP this summer.
Speaker 4: So yes, yes, Johnny, it's okay, go ahead and get excited about it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think we need Secina back too.
Speaker 6: He was pretty good.
Speaker 9: And yeah, of course Drew got you know, his memories of the little game aren't.
Speaker 12: Quite as as good as everybody else's.
Speaker 6: But I've been training for the rematch.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't think, you know, if he didn't catch a bout surprise, I think he'd be all right. He didn't look too tough to me. But but now, it was a lot of fun. We had a really good time there, and it was kind of you know, just being at Freedom Hall was kind of interesting too, so I'd rather see him and RUP, But you know, it was a really good time. I'm kind of excited to get that started again.
Speaker 4: I agree. I think it was such a huge success last year. It'll just get bigger and better this year around here anyway.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I mean, obviously I love having Drawn on the team, but we haven't really had much of the Liggans reunion since he's been gone. He was a big part of the early col years, maybe throwing a Billy year if you want. Uh got famous for the North Carolina game when Cal gave him the big smoo in the tournament. So I can't really remember Manny Liggins homecomings, him doing anything with Lexon as an alum. So I'm excited to have him back to I hope he still plays that defense. Uh, they'll meet it in the TVT.
Speaker 4: Just need not a lot of defense of the TVT. It's just just firing it up.
Speaker 8: He's had a long pro career. I don't know where he is overseas now. We'll find out soon when we talk to him. But I mean he's been playing a lot of basketball, so I expect he'll still be in good shape even though he'll be one of the older guys on the roster.
Speaker 9: What else you got for us, Johnny, Well, you know, Uh, Pope just continues to really impress me. And actually, you know, just surprised me with how well he's doing in the in the transfer portal, and it just seems like he does a really good job of roster building, Like you know, he finds the need and he finds the fit, and you know, I'm just excited about next year.
Speaker 12: Again.
Speaker 9: I think he's gonna in one year under his belt and kind of get all that out of the way and you know, really focus on the product. And I think he's done a great job, and I think we're gonna do really really well next year and a SEC that's not gonna be anywhere near as difficult.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it, Johnny. We're gonna get these guys on I think probably as they get announced on the TBT tournament again, and hopefully they'll have another like pre tournament party like we had here last summer, which ended up being great fun for all of us, getting to catch up with all these old guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm lad it's a memorial this year. Historic memorial, not RUP, should make for an even better environment. I mean RUP was fun. That place is so big. You know, TBT is not gonna fill that. But they might bill Pack memorial over there. That would be a new twist to it this summer.
Speaker 4: You know, Coach Cow was actually gonna be on our show this week also. He was gonna actually drive over from Arkansas where he and come here to be on our show and kind of talk to some of these TVT guys as they get announced. But he got lost apparently some somewhere down in Evansville, because once he gets to Kentucky, he just used to take in early exits.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 8: I thought you were gonna say he could get to that, But you're gonna say he couldn't take time out of his busy schedule.
Speaker 4: That's another good one. I might use that one. Also.
Speaker 8: I knew your wheels returning though. When you started talking, I was worried, who's next?
Speaker 4: Shannon, t O t O, go ahead, t O.
Speaker 11: Hey, God bless you boys today Easter week. Let's have us a good week. I just wanted to say that we've reached the point in the year where it's getting bad.
Speaker 6: Boys.
Speaker 11: We've got tvt's and ice. That's a little added nugget. We got baseball, and we got the best newest thing coming out the w NBA. Boys. I'm gonna be starting my w NBA fantasy league. I'm gonna be posting that up for the KSR hardcores to get into. I know a lot of the players' names actually, and I have watched pretty much the entire season last season.
Speaker 4: Well, we appreciate it. We need a w BA update. You'll have to call in and help us out now.
Speaker 11: So, oh, I will be letting you know.
Speaker 4: So Ry okay, So what Kentucky players are in the WNB outside of Ryan Howard?
Speaker 6: Is it just Ryan? I can't watch you, t he's the experts.
Speaker 4: I'm asking you, I'm asking who else is in there?
Speaker 11: That's definitely the only one that's playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've had several that have played over the years. Audio matthis I member, Victoria Dunlap and Vince Gilds have played. But I don't know if there's anybody outside of Ryan Howard right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Ron would be the only one now Georgia. It's two pretty big names too.
Speaker 11: She plays, she plays pretty tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, T I appreciate it. Thanks for the phone call eight five nine two two eight seven. I got another line open if you want to call and get on board. Uh. We've probably talked more WNBA on this show today than we ever have in fifteen years. But it's worth it. She was on the show twice this season with us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and sixth overall, that's that's a big deal. Someone on ks board on our show thread shot on cass board, they said, have you all mentioned w NBA yet? It's like we led with it. That was headline news today. So happy to give it a hurt. Georgia the attention she deserves today.
Speaker 4: Eight five, nine, two, two eighty seven. Who's next?
Speaker 3: Shannon Ryan?
Speaker 4: Ryan? Go ahead? Ryan?
Speaker 13: How you doing?
Speaker 6: Ryan? Uh?
Speaker 4: Are you Drew?
Speaker 14: You did a great job, buddy, you did a great job. And I just want to say that when you had that Corey Price gown there, I really enjoyed, you know, talking all about Kentucky, the history of Kentucky basketball. I know it all, but I actually learned a few things. But we're gonna be loaded next year, especially our two guys come back, Maine and two guys come back. But the question I got, do you think any of these guys like Amar or any of these other guys will get a tryout in the in the NBA?
Speaker 13: And I love it when you.
Speaker 14: Do, Mitch McConnell, and you got to get Shannon to do.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 13: Oh, I can't think it was Maine.
Speaker 14: Oh my gosh, I'll forget when I get on the radio. Uh he talks on all the sports talks. De Corsi, Mike de Corsi, Mike de Corsi. Yeah, yeah, I can't remember, Man, I forget, but I extra checked my call.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it, Ryan, I mean, I think he's got right to be excited about the basketball team with the roster they're putting together. And then, like I said earlier, they had Lamar Wilkerson. That's kind of the missing piece that could really make this team a contender.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And he asked about guys getting tryouts. I mean there would be some guys getting triouts. I don't about whybody getting drafted. Might see some players in the G League giving it a shot, but Kobe Bray is the only one with a shot to hear his name called at the draft. I think at this stage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Amari and Lamont and even Jackson, they'll get invited to camp, probably playing the summer league try to earn a spot, but more than likely they're going to have to go to the G League or overseas to play.
Speaker 6: Yeah, summer league. I I'd expect to see them.
Speaker 8: I just I don't know how strong their prospects are right now, because they're not really being mentioned anywhere except Kobe. You know, some guys will even rank the top hundred, and I think maybe Amari was in there in the seventies at one point, but nothing near getting drafted.
Speaker 4: I think that if Jackson Robinson is healthy, he kind of pretty good, pretty good chance to get drafted in the second round where you think they'll end up, he'll end up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll have to try out and hope and make it that route. I mean, maybe you show up at the combine and you impress everybody with your shooting. I don't even know his risk situation, but I think Kobe Kobe is the only shot. You know, Jackson was considering the draft last year before he came to Kentucky, so you think he might have slipped a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he went through the process. Remember remember we were waiting on him to make a decision.
Speaker 6: Came down in the final hour.
Speaker 4: Good go stay in the NBA draft or come to Kentucky.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we might have to do that with Oway again this year. I assume he'll enter the draft. Should everyone should when they're at least in the conversation, just to the experience and to have someone outside of your own coaching staff tell you what you need to work on for the future. You can get great feedback, and just going through it with the meetings, it'll be good for him. So I expect him to do that.
Speaker 4: I haven't. I didn't get a chance to ask you this. What do you think about Kirk Criesa picking Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: Ah, Well, we knew quite a while ago he was leaving. I think we had been saying that since a little bit after Christmas that he'd be going. I think Matt had mentioned Saint John's had been the conversation. I didn't really have a feel for where he'd go, but I'll admit Cincinnati was pretty surprising. Not going far away, just crossing the river, going back to the Big twelve.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna do that, why why would you just stay here?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't think you had a spot here. I think he had to go somewhere.
Speaker 4: So he knew they were gonna come and get a point guard. They're probably gonna play over him.
Speaker 8: Well when he when he left to Kayden Lewis was still on the team, so there definitely wasn't room. I mean, if Kayd and Lewis had announced that in March and not last week, who knows how that plays out, but that kind of threw everything off.
Speaker 4: We got a sponsor for this segment, who was our sponsor of this past second. We just did a beautiful segment we do for ks R.
Speaker 8: It was a great segment. Let's talk about Bluegrass Roofing. Looking for a roofing company you can trust. Call Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting. A family veteran and first responderr own company, fully licensed and fully licensed and insured. Take pride an exceptional customer service and thorough communication with free inspections that use state of the art technology to give you thorough breakdown off your roofing system so you can trust the recommendations they provide. They love to do repairs to help you restore your current system. Called Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting. If you don't want the pressure of being told you must replace your roof and let them help you save you thousands, offer a lifetime warranty and use code KSR when you schedule a free inspection for five percent off. That's one hundred roof pro.
Speaker 4: Right back, Ryan Drew and Shannon on Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: TJ Smith personal injury attorney.
Speaker 10: Call TJ. He'll make them.
Speaker 5: Pay now more Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 3: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: All right, welcome back, Ryan Drew and Shannon. Here Kentucky Sports Radio. Who's our sponsor this segment, Shannon.
Speaker 5: Corn Bread Hemp Spring is in the air. If you're looking to shake off the gloom of winter, our friends at Cornbread Hemp are here to help you start fresh. You can relax on warm spring weekends with their infused gummies, relieve achy joints with their hemp bombs and lotions, and get the rest you deserve with their Melowtonin free sleep gummies. They are USDA organic hemp products are made to help you fill your best just like nature intended, and all their products are made right here in Kentucky and contained the highest quality relief you.
Speaker 3: Can buy the spring.
Speaker 5: Try the Good Life for yourself and get twenty percent off your first order with code ks R at checkout. That's KSR when you check out at Cornbreadthip dot com. This is the Good Life with Cornbread Himp.
Speaker 4: I guess we should, in Matt's honor, recognize the Reds have one five their last six? Have they they have? If won five their last six. They just swept the series with Pittsburgh. I believe it was so. The Reds are hot. Your braves are still not.
Speaker 5: No, the braves are lost five at are the last six. We should celebrate that when we come on. They beat the Blue Jays last night? Whoa and low down five and eleven. That's all right, we're slow starters. We'll get there.
Speaker 3: We're growers.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, did you see the Big Brave story last night?
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 6: The uh? The reporter?
Speaker 8: Oh, I've gooding digits in the crowd. A big reaction to that. A lot of people didn't like it. Some people thought it was funny. That was weird to see. I mean, for those that didn't watch it, the what do you call them? It's not a sideline guy? But what job is that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: With two women up in a VIP area, and even the broadcast teams like, are you gonna get their number? And then he just starts getting digits right there during their interview.
Speaker 5: That should be a lesson for all single guys out there taking microphone and an earpiece and go, they're telling me back in the studio to get your number.
Speaker 3: I gotta get your number.
Speaker 4: Yeah. He totally blamed it on the play by play guy and the color guy said, and they're they're telling me I need to get your number.
Speaker 6: They didn't lead him into it.
Speaker 4: But she didn't hesitate.
Speaker 6: Though she didn't.
Speaker 8: A lot of female reporters didn't like that. I saw online. They thought if the roles were reversed when he get the same reaction, which I understand, it was weird. I mean, I guess it was funny, and you know they it was two willing adults. They can do whatever they want, but it was weird. You just seeing a guys supposed to be talking about the game and he hands on his phones like can I get your number?
Speaker 4: And she did it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, go Braves. I guess anything, but keep our mind off the baseball eight.
Speaker 4: Five nine two two two eighty seven. Who we got chanting?
Speaker 3: Ohio Cat, Ohio Cat.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Ohio Cat.
Speaker 13: Okay, my question is meaningless, but it's for Shannon. So you record these little tags when we come back from breaks and like the ones coming back from this break this last time said, and now here's Matt Jones. How hard is it to do one that's that's like, now, welcome back to KSR for the generic times when when Matt Jones is not home.
Speaker 5: No, it's not hard to do at all. But you know we're lazy, I drew, I got.
Speaker 8: Tired of saying I'm not Matt Jones, and so I came back every break.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess I could just say it live.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, here's Ryan LeMond.
Speaker 4: And you know it's not like you do any work in that place. You're only there for fifteen hours. Yeah, hey, I mean yeah, had sixteen shows.
Speaker 3: I mean my guy calls me out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do seven shows a day, and he wants to complain because we don't have one that says here's Ryan LeMond.
Speaker 4: Well, it gives us a chance to say where Matt is at. Yeah, you know, Matt's not here. He's still in Amsterdam. He'll be back on Monday.
Speaker 8: Well, in my Drew Paluza contract, I'm demanding my own I got tired of.
Speaker 6: That last week.
Speaker 3: Your own voice, you can do.
Speaker 8: I don't know how to touch touch the equipment through. I don't know how to do that, So you'll have to do it for me. That's a year away when the next time you all go off to your banana boat vacation.
Speaker 4: Next next month? All right, who's next? Shannon?
Speaker 3: Bill?
Speaker 6: Bill?
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Bill.
Speaker 12: I can't believe the man called Shannon lazy.
Speaker 13: Just now?
Speaker 12: How bare you not call the day.
Speaker 3: Not If he does, he's not going to get through again.
Speaker 12: Two questions for you, fellas. One is uh uh. I read this before the master started, and it said, if you were to start on the putting green, it's far away from the hole, but on the green, could you make it to Would you be in the final match on Sunday with whoever the leader is with? You know the field that just played. Second question is at what point does it become unhealthy for me to hate watch Arkansas? Because to my account, they don't have anybody in the portal. And I caught myself laughing pretty hard last night and I probably shouldn't be like that, but I just can't help it. At what point do I need to seek help appreciate it?
Speaker 4: You don't need to. I mean, he's there are he's our former coach. He left us, he chose to leave us. You can also, you can kind of laugh when they kind of fail. Although I was pulling, I found myself pulling for those those kids a couple of times this season. I don't want Cali Pray to have great I sure don't want to have more success than Mark Pope.
Speaker 6: I felt bad for DJ missing the last shot.
Speaker 8: Even though that was a terrible shot, it was cal put in a horrible spot when is when he just puts his face in his hands and collapses. That was hard to watch because I do like DJ Bett it's on his coach. But I think there's a lot of people that are hate watching Arkansas. I might be one of them. I might occasionally search Cali Perry on Twitter just to see what people are saying online.
Speaker 6: So I think it's okay.
Speaker 4: Yoga girl does the exact same thing you just said. She hate watches Arkansas and then immediately goes online and see what they're saying about him.
Speaker 8: I've been searching recently just because the college is right there. Really had been silent in the portal. Then they have some good freshmen, and I guess DJ is gonna come back.
Speaker 4: He's not mouse yet, right, Yeah, And I Carter.
Speaker 8: Knox, Billy Richmond, I guess so he has pieces. But as far as any portal news, it's been silent. And they were thinking they were in on Pierre, the guy Kentucky was recruiting, and he committed to SMU last night, So I guess that was a loss for Arkansas and Wilkerson's from Arkansas. They really don't like that he's considering Kentucky ol Lamar Wrokerson.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize he was from Arkansas.
Speaker 8: Oh it's eating him up pretty bad that he could be a cat, especially probably going to Fayetteville next year. I've seen some people already saying, oh no, he's gonna come give us thirty in his home states.
Speaker 6: So, uh, there's a.
Speaker 8: Bit of panic around there, even though Cal has a couple of big freshman commitments. And I assume, uh, several guys returning.
Speaker 4: Nobody's said they're leaving outside a big Z E's.
Speaker 8: On his left, due left, Boogie Fan Flann left, and big Z left, But you still have Carter Knox, Billy Richmond, and DJ haven't really said much, so I assume they're back.
Speaker 4: Who's next, Shannon, Marcus Marcus, go ahead, Marcus.
Speaker 13: Hey fellows, first time, long time, Thanks for calling.
Speaker 3: Great call. Yeah, wow, I think our whiskey thief call today for your contribution.
Speaker 4: He just wanted to call it, say it's my first time to call whiskey thief. Call the day right there is he still on?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to another one then, who we got?
Speaker 6: That's great?
Speaker 3: Devin.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, Devin, how's it going, boys?
Speaker 7: I'm doing pretty good real quickly. Two quick things and maybe a self promotion here. If Wilkerson doesn't choose UK, who do you think they'd go for? And Drew last week was talking about chalk Eyes at the Chevy Chase Inn and Ryan, you were gone, and that sounded like someone that you would know. So I wondered if you had any stories and if I can say it's something real quick, I promise. I got a feature film. It took me four years to finish. I filmed it in Kentucky, flew people in from Los Angeles to New York. It's very low budget, but it's on Amazon now. It's called The repair Man and it's on YouTube as well. So if people can support me, I appreciate it and just looking forward to hearing what y'all think.
Speaker 5: Wow, you didn't ask me to be an actor in it? I mean, and I'm I feelt disrespected. Its highly have you seen IMDb page?
Speaker 3: Good grief?
Speaker 4: And they must not have needed a a policeman. That's it's kind of your character. You always play get Drew.
Speaker 3: You know Drew's in plays now.
Speaker 8: Now I'm more live theater than movies. It's just I think I could show more of my full bag there doing live. But I understand if you want to do movies since it's lesser acting.
Speaker 4: But what about this play you're in? About it?
Speaker 3: Come watch it?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 3: How do I see it?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Give me all the details.
Speaker 6: I never thought you'd ask. Uh.
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, my first rehearsal is tomorrow night, first dress rehearsal.
Speaker 4: Have you do you have a script already? I've not looked at the script, but you have a script.
Speaker 6: I have a script in my inbox.
Speaker 8: They did a a like a table read, like uh, you know, read, and it was on zoom and I couldn't be a part of it because it was during the show. But I got a replay. So yesterday while I was working on KSR, I watched the replay of the zoom of the table read.
Speaker 6: So I'm kind of getting a feel for what's going on. Okay, But I have not read my script.
Speaker 4: And do you have a lot of lines?
Speaker 8: It doesn't look like many. I'm I'm a middle of the road character. I think it's gonna be a quick play. I don't know exactly how many I have, but I don't think it's gonna be a big workload.
Speaker 6: At least I hope it's not a big.
Speaker 5: Work This is how many how many showings of it? Or I guess it's one showing you performance?
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, unless we decided to start touring. I think we're gonna get one under our belt before we go on the road and go to Broadway.
Speaker 6: But it is next Friday.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of pressure get shot.
Speaker 6: That is next it's next Friday, the twenty fifth.
Speaker 4: First rehearsal is tonight.
Speaker 8: Well, they did, like I said that they did a read through, so they've they've already been technically one rehearsal. There's one tomorrow night, and there's one next week and then I guess it's on Friday. I didn't realize that's ten days away at the Lexton Children's Theater.
Speaker 4: What's your character?
Speaker 8: I am Paris and Romeo and Julie. Yet I asked chat GPT who that is? Just you know, I really want to get into the character, so I thought the robots would know as much as anyone. He seems to have a big crush on Juliet and people want me to marry Juliet. But then we got this Romeo Gun. I don't want to spoil the rest. You know, everybody needs to go see it, but it's to raise money for the Lexton Children's Theater. I went down there on Friday and did my costume fitting, and when I was there, there's a bunch of kids running around at summer camp or spring camp learning how to train your dragon. They were all in costume. So it kind of made me feel good knowing that whatever silliness I'm getting into can help their programs continue because the kids were very excited to be there. I won't say sentimental is the word, but I felt like I have a purpose in this role after seeing how it actually works.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, if you need advice, you do, You have a professional on this show. They can kind of help you.
Speaker 8: Well, Shannon, is that what you're talking about? Have you done love theater?
Speaker 6: Shannon? Are just an extra?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not done live theater.
Speaker 8: We're sitting in a movie, Ryn, there's no editing. We don't go to the it doesn't come out a year later. You were on stage with all the bright lights, all the eyeballs.
Speaker 6: Looking at you, and that is just your one moment.
Speaker 5: And if you're hinting that you know ov W is somehow a play. I feel disrespected about that too.
Speaker 4: It's a live drama played out scripted, just like Drew's play.
Speaker 5: We'll get you in the ring and see about that. We'll get We'll get Seery to give you one of those big slams.
Speaker 4: Well, so rehearsals tonight Tomorrow night. Tomorrow night. It's tomorrow night, so we need to we need a update on Thursday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll let you know Thursday out went.
Speaker 8: If I even show up Thursday, I might realize that this is my real calling in life and just leave you all behind and travel with the lex and Children's Theater.
Speaker 4: We'll be back in studio tomorrow, but then will be here at Kaspar for Thursday and Friday for those when to come out and have lunch with us. We got to get a nice crowd here today for lunch.
Speaker 6: FT.
Speaker 8: Some people telling me they're traveling from pretty far away Friday to be here, so nice. Gotta make sure we don't change that. I gotta be at the.
Speaker 4: Bar, all right. We'll take our final break, come back, our final segment, Ryan Drew and Shannon here on Kentucky Sports Radio. Good Song overrated, Haytis or Kentucky. Looking for new furniture, appliances or beds, look no further than p Rats. P Rats is a locally owned and operated appliance, furniture and mattres store that has been serving your community for over seventy five years. P Rats is committed to quality and service even after the sale. They won't leave you hanging. They've been one of the best appliance retailer in the Bluegrass for the last six years in a row. The team at p rats isn't just knowledgeable, they're experts at turning houses into homes. Whether you're furnishing in new space or upgaining your appliances, p rats is here to help. They have convenient locations in Lexington and Enrichmond, amazing prices, and top notched service after the sale. P rats is your one stop shop for all your furniture and appliance needs. So go to p Rats and Lexing in Richmond, pick out your next sectional for that living room, refrigerator, for the kitchen, deep freezer, for the garage on nice comfy mattress. Pe rats is the best place for all your furniture and appliance needs, and remember nobody beats p rats, Ryan Drew and Shannon here can take a sports radio our final segment. We got the Baseball watch party here. Today UK Baseball plays Miami of Ohio at seven. We'll have that game on here at the restaurant. And don't forget we got the Tyler Childers concerts Saturday at Kroger. You can come here pre game. You can park here as long as you eat here. Not just here, but any of the restaurants here in our complex. You can use this parking lot to catch an uber or walk yourself if you want to. But we will not be having shuttles. People keep asking we're gonna have shuttles that we do football games. No shuttle, but you can park here as long as you eat here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we don't drive the buses. I wish we could have one, but that's not a nice decision and that won't be running for.
Speaker 4: That shade five nine, two two eight seven. Who we got channed? Mickey, Mickey, Go ahead, Mickey.
Speaker 15: Hello, guys, back to the masters just a minute. I firmly believe that Rory was not talking because he was trying to win a golf tournament that was so important to him. But what are your thoughts on the five that Rory and Tiger were both very outspoken against live golf and Bryce and is part of that and it could be they're not the best buddies. What's your all thoughts on that.
Speaker 4: Appreciate its phone call, Drew, That's that's something you kind of brought up a little bit, right. We've talked about this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 8: I doubt that was on Rory's mind on Sunday, Like you said, he's trying to win a tournament. But Rory was a big live hater. It was announced. He was the most outspoken, so I would say there's no love lost between him and Bryson. And you know, the live as expected. I mean John Rahm went live, he was like number one in the world. That dude has become a meme. It's kind of sad how some of the big names and the PGA went over there and got the money and like we all predicted, just disappeared. I mean, John Ram seems to hate his life. When he's golfing in the live with the music playing, they're wearing shorts. I only know John rom for throwing clubs these days. When he was the best he was at the top of the sport.
Speaker 4: Now, I didn't see Thursday or Friday's coverage, but I heard the network did not show hard any live guys.
Speaker 6: Zero Bryson. It was a big deal.
Speaker 8: They got a lot of complaints. Bryson was in contention and having a great round and they did not show him at all. And then that night, the Master's Twitter account even tweeted a video. It was like every one of Bryson shots today. But at that point we're all like, we know why you're doing this.
Speaker 6: You're uh.
Speaker 8: You got a lot of backlash for not show them at all. So I do think they tried to hide him a little bit, but he played so well you can't hide him.
Speaker 4: Shannon, who's next.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Misty.
Speaker 4: Misty, go ahead, miss Y.
Speaker 16: Hey, this is really for Shannon, but you all are welcome to on Sunday, which is Easter for twenty it's also my dog's birthday and he'll be a year old. I didn't miss out on his friend's dogs birthday, so I wanted to know Shannon wanted to come over and celebrate my dog, Pepper's birthday.
Speaker 5: Depends on if you have any of that homemade sausa. If you have some of that, then maybe I'll consider it.
Speaker 16: I got home, I got homemade sausa, and I got all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, remind me again, uh this weekend, and maybe I'll consider it.
Speaker 4: Thank yoush. Shannon is open for all dog birthday.
Speaker 5: Did you hear this conversation on the pre show?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Luckily I was away and I had a good excuse not to go to the dog's birthday party. But yeah, I guess this is a trend people having birthday parties for their dog, and I don't want to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: I just don't.
Speaker 5: So don't invite me to your dog birthday party. Unless you're misty and you have really good homemade sausa, then I'll consider it.
Speaker 8: You can bring your dog to my house to celebrate its birthday. I got your dog several moles for its birthday.
Speaker 6: It can just stay still haven't caught the mole. Oh man. I had a false alarm yesterday.
Speaker 8: I went for a little neighborhood walk and when I came back, I could see my trap had been I guess it moved, you know, like something was in there pulled it out. No mole yet, but there's a fresh, brand new tunnel that just popped up. So that's where I'm gonna get them as soon as I get home. I'm hoping I have one.
Speaker 4: We do want to give a shout out to Wayne Hayes from Elizabethtown. You might say, why are you shouting out Wayne Hayes from Elizabethtown. My man listened to the show and he's one hundred and four years old. Oh wow, just turned one hundred and four money so we all. I think her name was Mary from Estell County. We thought she was our oldest listener. I think Wade Wayne Hayes may have taken the trophy one hundred and four years old yesterday. Man.
Speaker 8: I hope to even get close to that. Three fourths of that. I'll be happy with one hundred and four. Good for you, Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, Wayne.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday to Wayne. So if you're listening, shout out Who's next, Shannon.
Speaker 3: That's it, that's it. I'll tell you. I'll tell you. Who's Next. Is a Shady Raise.
Speaker 5: Listen right, stop overpaying for sunglasses and check out Shady Rays. They're an independent American owned company that started right here in Kentucky. They have premium polarized shades for every activity, from their tangle free aviators that won't get stuck in your hair to their color Rush lenses that provide ultimate color enhanced visibility every member of the family can find. They're a perfect pair, and Shady Raise offers the best protection program in the industry with lost and broken replacements, so you can take on your next adventure with the team and know that you don't have don anything to worry about if you lose your because Shady Raises has your back. They have over three hundred thousand and five star reviews. You could try the entire collection in person at their alexingdon Or Level location, plus shop exclusive colorways only available in store, like their blue and white collection, perfect for game days.
Speaker 3: Shady Rays dot com.
Speaker 4: Ryan, So the Lamar Wilckerson watch continues. Maybe we'll get some news by the end of the day. That thought it might happen this morning, by the end of the show, but I guess it's not official yet. If he's going to pick between Kentucky or Indiana, we may get that final roster spot taken by him at some point today.
Speaker 8: I hope so we're just sitting around watching and refreshing, waiting for any kind of news. Is he headed back home to wade over and pray about it and talk about it with his family down to Kentucky and Indiana.
Speaker 6: Do the right thing. It's very obvious, nothing to think about. Just do it. Just pull the band aid off.
Speaker 4: And I don't think it's wrong for us to go ahead and get excited about this. This roster that Pope's putting together not at all got the right pieces in the right spots. And like I said, he was so good at about it last year, picking these guys we'd never heard of, but he knew they could fit his style of play.
Speaker 6: Got to get Chris.
Speaker 8: No, gotta have a shooter if he does pick Indiana, which would be really silly. Uh, that'll be a setback. You have to go go out there and keep shopping. But hopefully Will Krison uh does the right thing and does it soon.
Speaker 4: And we mentioned the baseball game tonight at seven o'clock. We'll have it on here at the big big screen here at TV for our watch party. It's in Lexington, by the way. If didn't know that in a baseball game, heard about that heard about that, uh, the Tyler Childers watch party. Also, we want have to concert with the big screen. You can come here in pregame uh for the party. So there we go. So the next couple of days we're gonna have I think some of these TVT guys on Deran Lamb DeAndre Niggans announced today. I think they're both going to join us at some point this week.
Speaker 6: I got to catch up with Deron.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to talk to those guys. They're always fun. We'll be in studio tomorrow and then back here at Chaos Bar on Thursday and Friday. We'll see you