Speaker 1: On this episode of the Heat Check. It's a Tuesday scene. What time it is.
Speaker 2: It's time for the Rookie Report. We're gonna break down the best rookie of the week, or at least what I think is and let you know what's what. So let's get into it, Anthony, a little mini episode.
Speaker 1: Drop that motherfucker beat that should be rehon It's.
Speaker 2: Time for the Rookie Report.
Speaker 1: Uh Kia just dropped its Rookie Ladder of the Year.
Speaker 2: Not surprisingly, Zach Edie is number one, which we knew that was gonna happen because he's fucking balling. The rest of the list is kind of wild. We got some dark horses making noise. I wanted to talk about the Dons Ryan Dunn for a while now, for weeks now, actually so much I've been wanting to talk to him. It actually caused a little bit of a scuffle today. Six' eight forward out Of. Virginia all of a, sudden he gets a. Jumper where the fuck did the jumper come? From lockdown? Defense six' eight making a big splash in. The valley twenty eighth pick in the draft is shooting thirty six percent, from three which is shocking considered a lot of draft gurus considered him a zero. On offense zero kind. Of crazy he is not, a zero but he's Not the rookie Of. The week though he's not the one that we're highlighting For The. Rookie report we are Talking About Washington, Wizards Carleton, bob carrington who names. Their son, when you by, the way when you have your Last name carrington and you name Your son carleton and you're not From, BEL air i don't know what, you're doing by. The way that's why he's Going. By bub he is. IMPRESSING everyone, i Mean because bub's like a legitimately. Terrible nickname bub is impressing Everyone, in washington which is hard. To, do like it's hard to impress anyone with Anything in washington in terms. Of basketball i've Been To capitol one twice. This year he came into the season as a Sleeper for rookie Of. The year scouts. Loved him he was awesome At Pitt the wizards liked him so much that They Traded danny abdia To the blazers for the rights to pick him, at, fourteen which by, the way maybe we should have just. Kept him, took him taken him at fourteen as well Ourselves Because scoot henderson is looking.
Speaker 1: Wolf, ANYWAY sorry I.
Speaker 2: LOVE scoot nba talent Evaluators Told, THE athletic i think he's the best young prospect On. THE wizards i think he has a chance to be the best point guard in the previous. Draft class and if he's a TEN year, nba starter that will not. Shock me he's hit the. GROUND running i saw him play in his. FIRST game i saw him score HIS first. Nba points he's AVERAGING ten t five and five playing. Active defense he's had two four, steal GAMES which i think. Is nuts in his first eight games of, his career he's had double digit points in five of, those games including a sixteen six and six Performance, against atlanta which is one Of two wizards wins that followed a sixteen eight and seven game Against our dubs And impressed draymond so much that he had this, to, SAY ourselves.
Speaker 3: I, think, Draymond hey i'm curious what you thought about the matchup with a couple of The younger, wizards Players Especially, keishawn george because he had stretch there where he made a, couple THREES and i saw you two kind of talking with each other as he went up and down.
Speaker 4: The court so what'd you think of? THOSE matches i was big FAIR Than.
Speaker 5: Hiv bob the energy that, they breed the demeanor that, they bring that's the first time we've Seen The washington wizards team play that hard years and it's because of them two, Guys energy they come, off talking.
Speaker 4: THEY bark i had to ask both, of them, let's say, ask us how do?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 4: Talk, like, yeah so, all right that's what. WE'RE doing i, like that. You know And then bob was talking from, the gate and, YOU know i.
Speaker 5: CAME in i came into the league with that type, of ENERGY and i respect guys that do, you know you don't come in you don't bow down.
Speaker 4: TO anybody i. Don't like.
Speaker 5: You know my, mind, SAID well i don't care what you Did before i'm. Got here you ain't do IT while i. Was here so what you DID before.
Speaker 4: I got nothing to do. With me and that's the type of time they.
Speaker 5: Was on and, it showed, you know they never quit if we were in control of the game the.
Speaker 4: Whole game at no point that, they quit at no point that you feel it.
Speaker 5: Was easy and then also you can tell That coach keith is doing an incredible job and they they're doing a. Great job and how you can tell if a team as well coach, EVERY year, i mean every single time we got the ball in, the pocket we got, a.
Speaker 4: Drive their lowman.
Speaker 5: Was there and that is a telling sign OF an nba team when their lowman.
Speaker 4: Gets there they weren't there every.
Speaker 5: Single time, and so, YOU know i think for the first time in a, long time this, this city this organization got some guys that they can look forward with and that's that's an, exciting thing.
Speaker 4: You know but to get back, ON topic i like those young guys. A lot.
Speaker 5: They are they just got a demeanor and then they. Got game, you know it's not like it's just a raw rock guy. Out there they got game to go, with it and so They got they earned my respect to that.
Speaker 2: For Sure you bob had a crossover step back over steph in that game that had eyebrows being. Raised everywhere he's also averaging just one and a half turnovers per game in.
Speaker 5: Thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: That's crazy that's like.
Speaker 2: No pressing that's what a lot of. Rookies do if you look at a lot of rookies in, their stats a lot of them are turning the ball over because they're trying to do too much prove that they belong in, the league trying to prove that THEY understand. Nba defenses all that stuff. Takes time and you Know WHAT i'm i love Most About bub he was a short king for most of. His life he was five to seven as, a freshman just over six feet when he graduated, high school and now he's six' four with a six. To eight wingspan but he still plays like a shorty in terms of his ability to handle the rock and how he. Plays the game there's a lot to. Like about it so we'll definitely be keeping Our eye on bub.
Speaker 1: And he's off to a.
Speaker 2: Really good start that's all the time that we Have For the rookie Report. On the heat check Tune back every tuesday as we talk about what's happening in. The freshman class come back tomorrow for an, all new episode and check out the feed for past episodes of many episodes, which drop unexpectedly like spiders from the trees looking to get inside because it's called out and they bite all. Over, your skin hey keep your house sealed up and do not. Forget the fall the heat check.
Speaker 1: All season long that means.
Speaker 2: Downloads and five tell your friends and follow on heat check on TikTok And at trista creek On ig and thread met his new social MEDIA'S platform where I, Played movie day we'll talk, To, you soon fred see you next time and