Speaker 1: My TM and I have carefully examined the WA's eligibility criteria and governing framework surrounding self identification and inclusion. Based on the current guidelines, I can and am officially declaring my eligibility for the upcoming WNBA draft in May twenty twenty seven. I am definitely not here to mock, make fun of, or to suspect any community or personal choices. I am simply asking that the current rules be applied equally to everything. Set Trend.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the forty seven Morning Update with Ben ferguson.
Speaker 3: Good Monday morning. Nice to have you with us on the forty seven Morning Update, and we've got two very big stories for you. First up, the President United States America weighing in on the WNBA well now allowing apparently any man who says there a woman to try out and join the draft. What happens next, We've got the story and it's incredible. Also, the left and some of the Republicans of hate Donald Trump failed again trying to get rid of his AG nomine. We have a new AG Todd Blanche, and we explain exactly how the vote got across the finish line over the weekend. It's the forty seven Morning Update, and it starts right now.
Speaker 2: Story number one.
Speaker 3: The WNBA is taking on Donald Trump and the Conservatives and to the Supreme Court as well as men in what could be one of the biggest backfires in professional sports history. Now, the WNBA has come out with a requirement for what it means to actually play in the WNBA. Now they guess they've forgotten what the W stands for, which is women, and they've decided to go all woke. Well, former first round pick Royce White says he's declaring now for the twenty twenty seven WNBA draft, claiming he now identifies as transgendered for the purpose of playing professional basketball. Now, this is a former six foot eight Houston Rockets draft pick, and now he is following a former NBA player, and that's Kendor Freedom. I love this guy and ask excuse me Freedom, who announced his own plans to declare amid the growing debate over to quote transgender athletes and women's sports now White. Royce Wright told Fox News Digital he believes he'd be unstoppable in the WNBA and suggested he could pursue legal action if denied an opportunity to play. White said the move is meant to challenge a w NBA to clarify and to define its eligibility rules for transgender and athletes, saying I'd like to know what the parameters are in his announcement. This is what he said.
Speaker 4: Oh, earlier this week, I made the announcement, I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm identify as sometimes identifying as a woman for purposes of basketball, proferresational basketball. So I'll be declaring for the w NBA draft in twenty twenty seven as well. I mean, I think I'd be unstoppable, you know. But I'm I'm a team first guy. You know, I'm a I'm a past first kind of player. I do the little things, you know. I led my team in all five major stack categories at at Iowa State University. Uh So I do a little bit of every I'll do whatever the coach needs me to do. I'll do whatever the girls need me to do. I think the w n B A could come out and make a definitive statement about about guys with with a pair of balls playing in the in the Women's Association. But you know, hey, that that that be that'd be probably too much like right, so, and I don't want to be discriminated against. Now I want I want fair treatment. I'm a black, I'm a young black hopefully United States senator. UH that that like that would like a fair chance to participate as a sometimes identifying as a transgender woman UH athlete.
Speaker 3: That is statement from again Royce Wright, first round draft pick. Now that's not the only one that is declared for the draft. As I mentioned earlier, Anness Canner freedom set. After carefully considering and reviewing the current eligibility guidelines, I'm officially declaring myself a w NBA prospect. If simply declaring who you are is all that's required, then I meet every single requirement necessary to compete in the w NBA. My team and I have carefully examined the eligibility criterion, government governing framework surrounding self identification and inclusion, and based on the current WNBA guidelines, I can and am officially declaring my eligibility for the upcoming draft. Here he is in his announcement video.
Speaker 1: After careful concentration I review in the current eligibility guidelines, I am officially declaring myself at WNBA prospect. If simply declaring who you are is all that's required, then I meet every single requirement necessary to compete in the WNBA. My Tim and I have carefully examined the WNBA's eligibility criteria and governing framework surrounding self identification and inclusion. Based on the current guidelines, I can and am officially declaring my eligibility for the upcoming WNBA draft in May twenty twenty seven. I am definitely not here to mock, make fun of, or to suspect any community or personal choices. I am simply asking that the current rules be applied equally to everyone, the rules that represent the very values many WNBA players and coaches have publicly advocated for. My team, and I are prepared to ensure these guidelines are applied equally, consistently, and without exception, and I look forward to the WNBA honoring its stated principles. See your training.
Speaker 3: Camp, see you at training camp. Okay, so let's go over this real quick. You have two dudes who are saying that they are going to act or they believe that they are transgender. Now, this also comes as Donald Trump said that if he coached the WNBA, he'd ask Lebron if he had any desire to be a woman. Now, this is why the WNBA is responding the way they are. They're a woke league. Here's the president in his own words.
Speaker 5: And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 6: If I were ever, I'd be the greatest woman's basketball coach a history. Because I don't like Lebron James. I like Michael Jordan much better, but i'd but I'd go up to Lebron James. It doesn't matter. Say Lebron, did you ever have any desire to be a woman? Because what I'd love you to do is star on my team that I'm building up. I will have the greatest team in history. They'll never lose. Nobody who will come within seventy points of this team. Now, we have to change that, and we have to make it okay to talk about it. You know, the young lady I was talking about is afraid to.
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 6: She's shunned and she's canceled when she talks about it. This is crazy.
Speaker 3: This is crazy. Now, this is the reason why the WNBA has decided to do what I describe as the most ridiculous policy that I have heard. Now. Center Ted Cruz was asked by TMZ about this move, telling TNZ that again, this is insane and this is what happens when you don't protect women's sports.
Speaker 7: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 1: Please? Ted?
Speaker 4: How a man?
Speaker 7: It's good to see you. Well, hey, have you been following the w n B A and this transgender debate? That's it's all they're talking about there.
Speaker 5: I saw Clay travisaw for ten million dollars. I watched that again.
Speaker 7: Could I just ask Meghan Kelly said that Kaylen Clark is a coward for not taking a side in either this or that that. What do you feel about that?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: Look, Kayln Clark is a hell of a ballplayer in fun to watch.
Speaker 7: Do you think she should.
Speaker 1: Take a side?
Speaker 5: At the end of the day, I don't think athletes are required an expressive opinion on every topic. I think it is clearly unfair to allow boys to compete against girls and to allow men to compete against women. Boys and girls are different, and mankind has known that literally since the dawna time.
Speaker 7: Is it a big issue though at w NBA level, like, I don't see many.
Speaker 5: I'm curious.
Speaker 7: Tell me what does the w stand for women?
Speaker 5: It seems that there's some coaches in the WNBA who can't figure that out?
Speaker 7: But should they also be like sympathetic and empathetic for young little girls who like are feeling an identity crisis, They want to play a sports, they want to be with their friends.
Speaker 5: If they're boys, they're not young little girls. And the fact that your ideology, you think it would be fair to let Lebron James play in the WNBA.
Speaker 7: No, but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about young people.
Speaker 5: What you're talking about old people too. You're not just saying five year olds. Well, I think that like w NBA doesn't have five year olds.
Speaker 7: At a professional level, yeah, I mean obviously, but at a minor level when these kids are just trying to be happy and be kids, not letting them socialize with their friends just because they're those.
Speaker 5: Different guys, they can be happy. To be honest, though, a lot of the transgender is and it is coming from leftist adults who are convincing their kids of this nonsense, and it's it is really sad to see the ideology of parents. Listen, I think God knows what he's doing when he makes a little boy. I think God knows what he's doing when he makes a little girl. And I think the phenomenon of woke leftist adults. You know, I read a tweet once from Cynthia next to the actress who said her child is trans, her sister's child is trans, all of her friend's child children are trans. You know what that is. That's adults putting their politics and their ideology on their kids, and.
Speaker 7: I or maybe thinking their kids be who they really are. Maybe you don't know, We don't know.
Speaker 5: You know what, if you don't what a boy is and you don't know what a girl is, there's a reason.
Speaker 7: You work at TMC oh all right, dented, I appreciate you, man, thank you.
Speaker 3: This is how radical the left has become, and the WNBA is about to find out what happens when you make stupid rules.
Speaker 2: Now, story number two, there was some.
Speaker 3: Good news that happened this week, and it was obviously downplayed by the mainstream media. It was a story that was supposed to be surrounded in controversy. It was a story that was sold as it could be a quote disaster for Donald Trump. The story was actually a really simple story. There was a man who was going to be confirmed as the Attorney general, of the United States of America, a man by the name of Todd Blanche. The attacks came in, and the attacks were that Todd Blanche, a guy that had literally decades of service in the Department of Justice, was somehow just some random dude that was an attorney for the president of Knights say It's of America. And that is how the media started pushing the story that he was unqualified, even though he'd spent well over a decade at the Department of Justice and it served and the New York system as well in the DOJ where he saw a lot of serious and important cases and prosecutions that happened, yes, at the hands of the government. Now that is what you would refer to if you're a same person as significant experience. You would refer that as really important experience. You would refer to it as experience. It would make you more than qualified, let me say that again, more than qualified to be the Attorney General. By the way, he's also been the acting Attorney General, which gave him even more of a resume booster than many others have had before when they received the position of being confirmed as the Attorney General. But you saw the left do their job. You saw the media start to say that this guy's nothing more than a presidential yes man because he was the president's attorney and that he was unqualified for the job, even though they admitted purposely his background in working at the DOJ. Now, I say all of that to go to the new headline, which is now not being covered at all. Todd Blanche has been confirmed as the US Attorney General, despite opposition from even some Republicans that were trying to stick it to Donald Trump. The acting Attorney general is now the attorney General. He was confirmed Saturday to lead the US Department of Justice, the news coming after Republican lawmakers struggled to make a decision. Then Senator Bill Cassidy, someone that the President did not back in his reelection and lost his reelection bid in Louisiana, announced that the last minute on Friday that he would port Blanche's confirmation Now. During his announcement, Cassie said the process was about Blanche, the difficulty of his job, and how the American people can be best served. He put it this way on the floor of the Senate.
Speaker 8: Center from Louisiana, it's the president. I rise a day to speak to the nomination of Todd Blanche to be Attorney General. Over the last several days, I've heard from lots of people sharing their views on this nomination, and most of the time it's clear mister Blanche has become a referendum on how people feel about President Trump. If you don't like the President, you don't like mister Blanche. If you do like the President, you do. I have not approached it that way. This process should be about mister Blanche and how he will go forward in a difficult job, and how the American people can be best served. I have a history with mister Trump, but that history does not matter one bit. On the one hand, mister Blanche does not need to be Senate confirmed. He can continue to serve as the pleasure of the President as Deputy Attorney General or even acting Attorney General at this voter's pull. On the other hand, I am told that Senate confirmation is important and interactions with the President, with others in the cabinet, and as important to doj employees in general. Being Senate confirmed gives him greater leverage to push for things that should be pushed for. This does not demean the Senate's role important issues have been discussed through this process, and mister Blanche has made commitments now on to the specific nomination. Since mister Blanche passed out of Judiciary Committee on August the fourth, I've spoken to mister Blanch five or six times. We have texted many more. I just got off the phone with him. I've spoken multiple times the Senators Murkowski, Cornyn Tillis. Senator Whitehouse shared his concerns a dinner and past administration officials, including a long conversation with former Attorney General Bill Barr. Late last night, I spoke to two US attorneys from Louisiana, David Crossell and Kurt Wall. Of course, there has been a lot to read and a lot to consider, and I slept on it overnight. Let's start with the concerns. Mister Blant showed poor judgment and approving the Anti Weaponization's slush fund and exempting the President from IRS audits. No Americans should be unfairly targeted by the law, but no American should be above the law. Mister Blant said these were mistakes, and he has made efforts to kill the slush fund. I am particularly concerned about episodes of apparent lawfare DOJ bringing suits against political enemies both parties. Presidents of both parties have been guilty of this. It must stop. It should stop now. A never ending cycle, but prosecuting political enemies undermines the rule of law, to graze the public's trust in our institutions and makes our politics more extreme when we need to unite to solve the big problems of our time. I'm not entirely satisfied where this is, and I have no doubts that I'll have concern in the future. I will note that I've learned that some of the cases that have been publicly reported to be under investigation by the Department of Justice have been dismissed or no longer being pursued.
Speaker 3: Now let me just stop there. You notice where this is heading. Bill Cassie is airing the dirty laundry of why he hates Donald Trump while also telling you he supports Todd Blanche for the US Attorney General. Now Cassie's support places Blanche in a position to be confirmed, and in a social media post early Saturday, Blanch wrote, I'm deeply honored by the trust and confidence President Trump has placed to me to lead the Department of Justice as our great nations. Eighty eighth Attorney General. I'm grateful to the Senate for staying late to complete this process. To the dedicated public servants of the Department of Justice, thank you for your work. Each stayed uphold the law and keep our country safe. God bless America, he concluded. Now, there is also some other things that were interesting. What backfired on the left in the media is the fact that they tried to lie to the American people saying that Blanche was only Trump's four personal lawyer. That was the big lie. This is a guy that had served his country in the Department of Justice for well over a decade. This is a man that understood how this works. He is an individual that then went to the private sector and had top clients that were high profile. Obviously a former president would be one of those. Does that mean that he's unqualified to be the age? The answer is obviously no. And the Democrats knew it and sowed the Republicans, even the Republicans that hate Donald Trump. Now, one of the things you heard there from Cassie said, I have had my issues with Donald Trump, but that has nothing to do with this. Clearly it did. This would have gotten done a lot faster if there wasn't some of you that were petty. Now, I will say I do believe Cassie here did the right thing, and I think we should all say thank you for doing the right thing, not holding up the president's nominee, who, by the way, the president has the support of the American people and the will of the people decided that he should be the president. Therefore, he should get his attorney general that he wants as long as they're qualified. Clearly, Todd Blanche is overqualified for the job, and that is ultimately what this comes down to. The President got the man he wanted. The President got the man that is pushing the America First agenda. The President got a man that is going after waste, fraud, and abuse. And the only reason why any of the Republicans were against him is because those that were against them are those that hate Donald Trump, because Donald Trump didn't endorse them in their primaries and many of them lost. Now that is what petty politics truly sounds like, and that's exactly what happened here. So congratulations to the President, Congratulations to Blanche. I think he's going to do a phenomenal job because He's going after those that are that are dealing with waste, fraud and abuse in our government as well as the private sector. This is a day we should all celebrate, by the way, even if the Democrats and media are furious about it. By the way, that also tells you how good of a pick Todd Branches, how much they tried to torpedo him, lie about him, and smear him. So enjoy the moment. It's a big victory.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to the forty seven Morning Update with Ben Ferguson. Please make sure you hit subscribe wherever you're listening to this podcast right now and for more in depth news, also subscribe to the Ben Ferguson podcast and we will see you back here tomorrow