Speaker 1: First Date follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Hannah is on the phone today for a first day follow up. She's getting ghosted by a dude named Luke. So in a few minutes we're gonna call him and see if they tellus why he's ghosting here. But first, Hannah, how long has it beencis you heard from Luke?
Speaker 3: It's been about a week. I texted him a couple times, but not saying just radio silence.
Speaker 4: Really, so, did you feel like you were going to hear from him? Was the date good?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, it's so weird because he was texting me right after the date like that was fine.
Speaker 6: We should do it again and now poof absolutely nothing.
Speaker 4: Why don't you tell us about the date?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, So here's the deal. But we went on for Sushie, which I love. I thought it was a super solid start. You even let me pick out the restaurant, which was cool. I didn't think that a guy who doesn't like rawfish would suggest Sushie, but cool.
Speaker 6: We ended up ordering way too much food, it was.
Speaker 3: It was kind of a mess that we were both just like cracking jokes about it, especially when he nearly flung a piece of sashimi across the table driving to use the plastics.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was cute. So afterwards we went for a walk, which was really sweet.
Speaker 3: It was kill low key, and it just felt like we were on the same wavelengths, you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, slinging sushi and you know, sweet conversation.
Speaker 2: So why do you think, oh man?
Speaker 6: Honestly, I I don't know, because I thought it went really really great. There was just like something about him. He was so funny.
Speaker 3: But maybe I messed up when I paid for dinner behind us back.
Speaker 6: But Bill was just like way.
Speaker 3: More than we expected, and I had ordered a really fancy sake and wag you advertiser. We thought he was thinking about it and I felt bad. So when he got up to use.
Speaker 6: The bathroom, I just went ahead and for the whole thing. So when he came back, I told him it wasn't a big deal.
Speaker 2: I'd marry you. It doesn't sound like a reason to goos through at all.
Speaker 6: Right, I mean, I can a florid it, And but he seemed like kind of irritated.
Speaker 3: He kept saying, you know, I could have paid for that, and I tried to explain that it didn't mean anything. I just felt guilty for ordering the expensive stuff like unconsciously. But maybe he thought that I was implying that he couldn't afford it or something.
Speaker 6: But I didn't really mean it like that. I was just trying to do something nice.
Speaker 3: But now I'm wondering if it like came off totally wrong.
Speaker 4: Well did he say thank you? Did like aside from the fact that he's like I could pay for it too, Was he appreciative of it?
Speaker 3: No, he did it just like it just like shifted divide like a little bit.
Speaker 6: But like not enough to like we still were planning on hanging out again. We both had talked about how it was fun, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's one of those weird old school type of things, you know, where he feels like a guy's.
Speaker 4: Got to pay or something, or maybe he didn't even have the option because you did it behind us back too for whatever reason. Again, like ju Will said, I would marry you.
Speaker 6: Right, I mean a girl who can take care of herself.
Speaker 2: What's the right right you need to date a new school dude to use you for everything? You're word phrase differently? All right, Well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you. We'll play a song come back, and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you another date. Okay, Okay, thank you, all right, we'll play a song, come back and get your first date follow up.
Speaker 1: Next first Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocates Law dot com.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us for today's first Date follow up. Hannah is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by Luke. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, Hannah, why don't you refresh our memory on your.
Speaker 3: Eight Okay, we went out for this super fun sushi day, but I ended up paying at the end because I thought i'd order two extensive things. So I'm I'm worried if that's why he disappeared.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know. I could see some guy being like, I don't want to go out with you again because you wouldn't let me pay.
Speaker 4: I could actually see that well, because he's probably like if he's thinking like, okay, well, what do I have to bring to the table or like somehow feeling bad about it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We'll see you. Ready for us to call him?
Speaker 6: Oh, here we go, okay.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Hello, Hi, man, I speak to Luke please, uh hey, Luke? How are you? This is the Jubil Show. It's a radio show. Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Nina.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Victoria and my name's Jubil. How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, it's like it's like a prank or something.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. Actually, we're calling you for a different reason. Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I just I didn't expect you to call me.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, we're calling you today because you're ghosting somebody. And we do a segment on the show called the First a follow up, you know where if you go on a date with someone and then you end up ghosting them, that person can email us to ask you why you're ghosting them. So do you know who would have emailed us about you?
Speaker 5: I am guessing this is about Hannah? Right? Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh, you got to correct. Congratulations, You've won nothing so far?
Speaker 4: Are you ghosting her?
Speaker 7: I'm not like ghosting her intentionally. I don't know the date was super fun. She's super cool. But it was it was honestly, it was just something that happened.
Speaker 2: After Okay, so you are ghosting her intentionally, she said, She texted you need a collar back. So yeah, so yeah, here, okay, okay, but why why yeah?
Speaker 8: Uh so the deal is, so, you know, after our day it was it was really good and uh, my buddy Andrew, so I was telling him about it.
Speaker 7: And uh, you know, staying so she paid for the meal and I, you know, behind my back, and I don't know, I just thought it was kind of weird. So I'm telling him about it, and uh he actually see a picture of her, and I showed him a picture and he just started cracking up. And uh it turns out that he went out with Hannah to.
Speaker 8: Okay that no, no, no, no, no, no, no, it's not It's not only that.
Speaker 5: It was that she did like the same exact thing with him.
Speaker 7: Big went to like a steakhouse and all like this expensive stuff, and like behind his back she paid with that telling him and and then he was saying that like happened a bunch of times, and he did, and he said his words that by the end he felt like she was treating him like some sort of boy toy that she could, like, you know, control with her money.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, and you don't want to be a boy toy?
Speaker 4: Is that what she's doing though? Or is that just I mean, I don't know why. It's like nice that she wants to treat you. Maybe not every single time, but do you think that she was making you feel like a boy toy at all, Luke when you were out with her.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm not going to like jump to that conclusion, but it just like it felt weird, you know, it felt really weird.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 3: Wow, So because I'm too generous, I'm getting.
Speaker 2: Ghosted on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Ah oh, Hannah, Hey, how how are you doing?
Speaker 6: Oh? Hi, Luke? I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize I was making you feel like my personal sugar baby.
Speaker 6: Seriously, look, I.
Speaker 3: Obviously had no idea that Andrew was your friend. Also, Andrew seems like super okay with the fact that I was paying for a lot of things.
Speaker 6: I have a nice job. He seems grateful. This is this is news to me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that's Andrew. Of course you're body something, but it just like sounded light cup pattern, and I don't know, I didn't want to get wrapped up in this whole like you're paying for everything and I'm just along for the ride thing.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's not it at all.
Speaker 3: I'm just you know, trying to not seem like a money grubbing woman myself.
Speaker 6: I have a nice job, so I wanted to get what I.
Speaker 3: Want to get without feeling real SA. So what isn't that a nice thing that I could take care of myself.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I mean, like, you know, I can take care of myself too, And it just it feels weird that you're just paying for everything. I don't know, It's just it.
Speaker 5: Feels really weird, and I know, I don't know. It just like you can do it behind my back?
Speaker 3: Cool, Gay, Well that's fine. I'll find somebody who's hot and proud to be with the woman who can also take care of them.
Speaker 4: Well wait, Hannah, what is it about paying for your men every time you go out with them? That's like so important to you? Like, what is it about paying behind their back and like doing it every time that you like doing.
Speaker 6: It every time?
Speaker 3: I just don't want to feel like I'm beholden to a man, because I want really nice things and I'm not expecting anybody to pay for that when they don't.
Speaker 6: Really know me yet, you know, but you know what I mean, beholden, I know. Yeah, honestly, you're just missing out.
Speaker 5: You did.
Speaker 3: You didn't even get to the part where I buy you clothes yet?
Speaker 5: You know, I.
Speaker 3: Want like a man. I want a man who adores me and it's secure enough to you know, be okay with that?
Speaker 5: I mean I could buy my own clothes.
Speaker 6: I buy my own clothes.
Speaker 9: You sound like I can't do this, Well, I mean you can really really use the stylist and some new clothes, because man, that outfit was not really impressed me.
Speaker 3: But I'm done trying to impress someone who gets scared off by a little generosity.
Speaker 2: Well, Luke, would you like another day with Hannah? Will pay for it? I don't mean that's true. We shouldn't pay for it.
Speaker 5: I don't. I don't think I did, you know, I guess survive.
Speaker 7: The whole wardrobe overhaul, you know, for the pretty woman mate, So I don't think so all.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, no hard feelings, So good luck finding someone who won't spoil you too much? Okay, baby boy, Jubile's first day follow up