Speaker 1: Hello Sunshine, Hey fam Today on the bright Side, we're joined by dancer, actor, Emmy Award winner, and now author Julianne Huff. She's out with the brand new book, y'all, and she is getting real about her healing journey and the moment she reconnected with her body again. Trust me, this is a story you have to hear. Plus, the new season of Dancing with the Stars premieres tomorrow and Julianne is sharing the secret to success on the show. It's Monday, September sixteenth. I'm Simone Boyce.
Speaker 2: I'm Danielle Robe and this is the bright Side from Hello Sunshine, a daily show where we come together to share women's stories, laugh, learn and brighten your day.
Speaker 1: On My Mind Monday is brought to you by missus Myers Clean Day, inspired by the goodness of the garden. Simone Happy On my Mind Monday.
Speaker 2: This is always our opportunity to start the week with something that motivates us, inspires curiosity, or provides a fresh perspective. So I want to know what's on your mind, girl.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't stop thinking about this experiment that I came across in this British newspaper or The Sunday Times, and it's about a group of kids that went on this month long smartphone detox and the results are wild. So the writer for the piece, Decca Ekenhead, decided to ban her sons from their smartphones for four weeks and then she sent them on an unsupervised camping trip with their friends who had also been detoxing from technology. And you know, Danielle, she came up with this idea after interviewing social psychologists and author of The Anxious Generation, Jonathan Height, who we've talked about a lot on our show, and in this book hepe points to the increasing rates of teenage depressions, self harm, and anxiety, and he says that smartphones and social media are to blame. He's also always been this staunch advocate of more free play, independence, and unsupervised time for kids. So sounds like this writer really took Height's words to heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. Well, this sounds like a really interesting experiment. I'm curious to hear more. You said the kids were unsupervised in the woods. What happened?
Speaker 1: Yes, So they're in the woods, no phones, they haven't had phones for several weeks, and they struggled at the beginning, Danielle, but one fourteen year old said that he started to see that whatever's going on on his smartphone doesn't really matter. He said, quote you'll never say on your deathbed, I wish I'd spent more time on my phone. And several kids had similar reactions. They said they felt less tired after the experiment. They also learned that screen times went down even after they came home for some of the participants. And then another fourteen year old said he felt more focused and efficient and even younger, like he was able to embrace his inner child again. That's cool.
Speaker 2: So the only comparison I can make to this in my own life is that I went to overnight camp every summer when I was growing up and there were no phones allowed, and it is still to this day one of the best memories of my life. Like all of our camp friends feel the exact same way, and part of it is that you are just so present with the people there.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: It just seems so much harder to do today than when I was a kid. You know, we're just so like kids are so attached to their iPads and stuff.
Speaker 1: It's tough. Yeah, I think it can start small, though, I think that actually everyone is craving connection without screens. And so if you're the first to say, Hey, I'm gonna I'm gonna have my friends over tonight for dinner, but we're gonna drop our cell phones in a bucket when we walk in the door, I actually think, even though it sounds intimidating, I think people would be so receptive to it. And it's like the kids in this experiment. They were resistant to it at first, they struggled at first, but by the end they felt totally transformed by it. You know, I went on that retreat a few months ago and there were no cell phones. It was jarring at first, but the people that I met on that trip are probably probably the closest friends that I have right now in my life. And I don't think that we would have formed such deep lasting bonds if we had been on our phones the whole time. One last thing I want to say about this experiment is that every single team said that they would have hated doing this experiment alone. Well, yeah, it would be like torture to be in the woods without any connection to anyone for you know, an extended period of time. But this really proves another one of Jonathan Height's points that collective action instead of just individual family rules, is the most effective pathway for change. And this is something that I've thought about, you know, as I look to the future and how I'm going to handle smartphones in my own home. I really want to align with like minded parents and see if we can form some kind of like clan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like this for you, very very cool. How would you describe your relationship with your phone and social media now?
Speaker 1: I think I need to build in social media and smartphone detoxes into my life every three months because I'm totally addicted to my phone. I find myself trying to escape from the daily stress of life, and sometimes that just looks like mindless scrolling when I know deep down in my heart that is not what I want to be doing. But it's such an impulse at this point that it's kind of hard to control. How about you, Danielle.
Speaker 2: Well, I find it hard to not be online because of our job, so it's like important to know what's going on, what the trends are, what people are talking about. So I almost feel like I bake it in almost like an hour a day is like part of my work. But other than that, I don't feel so connected to my phone, Like I've always been a person who's happier not on devices.
Speaker 1: I wish I could put my phone away, Like I don't subscribe to this belief that you have to text or email everyone back instantly. I think that's how our society is now. I agree, but I think that that's too much to an expectation to put on people. Like I feel like I'm partly attached to my phone because of the expectation that other people have from me to respond quickly. Glennon Doyle talks about this all the time. Really, okay, what does she say about it. I haven't heard her talk about it.
Speaker 2: She just made this hard and fast rule or boundary for herself because she was like, I can't be beholden to my text messages. I actually heard Ashton Kutcher say one time that your email is somebody else's to do list for you, which really resonated with me. It's true. Everybody emailing you really is asking for stuff, and when you're emailing, you're asking for stuff.
Speaker 1: This is a topic that we don't really talk about publicly, Like I don't really even talk about this with my friends, Danielle. So it's interesting that we're talking about this and what I've learned today from this experiment and just from our conversation is there's a different way to do things, like we get to choose our own journey with this stuff, and we can make our own rules.
Speaker 2: I love how you put that, making your own rules. I agree. And that brings me to our guest today because she has an inspiring story of her own, one of making her own rules and owning her healing journey. Julianne Huff is a dancer, actor, singer, entrepreneur, and now she's adding author to her resume with her new book titled Everything We Never Knew. It's what she calls a factional book, but she's inventing this genre. It's a fictional story based on her real life experiences.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to ask her all about that and the new season of Dancing with the Stars. This will be the thirty third season of the competition show and Julienne made her debut on season four in two thousand and seven when she was just eighteen. Gosh, I feel old now. I remember that like it was yesterday. Can't wait to chat with Julienne, and she's joining us right after the break.
Speaker 2: Thanks to our partners at missus Myers, you can learn a lot about a person by their dish soap. Missus Meyers's collection of household products are inspired by the garden and pack up punch against dirt and grime. Visit missus Meyers dot com.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back, y'all. Julianne Huff, Welcome to the bright Side.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. I love the bright side.
Speaker 1: You say everything with a smile. You are the.
Speaker 3: Bright side, you know. Actually, somebody said that to me the other day. They're like, even when you're talking about like heavy things, you still say it with a smile. And I was like, I do. And then I looked back.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I do, I do the same thing. I think it's maybe like a trauma respond. Yeah, I smile the whole time to get through it.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'd rather be smiling, right, Yeah, I don't know, I think so.
Speaker 1: Julianne, this is a big year for you. You're releasing your book Everything We Never Knew. I can't wait to get into this book a bit more with you. In addition to the release of your novel, what Are You celebrating in your life right now?
Speaker 3: My goodness, that's a really good question. I think I'm celebrating the fact that I feel really I know this sounds so broad, but I feel really whole. I feel like, you know, the last few years, I've really unraveled a lot, which is part of what this book is about. And I really feel so content, which is a word that used to scare the crap out of me. Yeah, and I love that word now and I feel so content and happy and very like consistent and stable in my life. And I could not have said that a few years ago.
Speaker 1: That's huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels really good.
Speaker 1: What do you think was the key to unlocking that contentment? Because that's it's so much easier said than done.
Speaker 3: It is. And by the way, I am a high achiever and I'm very ambitious, so those two things with content usually is not a formula.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm looking in a mirror right now. I feel personally attacked.
Speaker 3: Right yes, But I think, honestly, it was a lot of healing and like a lot of just like owning, because I think when you own and accept your wounds and all that kind of stuff that gives you so much power, whereas if you avoid it and move away from it, then you're just on survival mode and just going, going, going, And then you're like, wait, it's been fifteen years and I missed my whole life, you know. So I think like finding that content and just reframing what that means is like, oh no, I'm really content and happy with my life and I get to do all.
Speaker 1: These things such a flex.
Speaker 2: Well, we started this interview off with celebration, so I want to talk about another celebration, which is the premiere of the new season of Dancing with the Stars. So you're back as co host along with Alfonso Robera. You were a dancer obviously, nana judge, now a co host. I think you have probably the most unique perspective on this whole competition.
Speaker 3: The show has been a visual representation of my journey too, because it's like you're on that show and you're just trying to survive and be the best and win, win, win, you know, and then you're an expert on the show as a judge, and you're like, but it's still a performance, you know, like, are you kidding me? You're still like engaged, right, and it's still what you have to say. As a host, it's like, how can I hold the space for all of these people to shine? And like I'll talk to them beforehand and watch the rehearsals on Monday, and I'll see things because I'm like, ooh, when you're dancing, Like they're really struggling with this moment, and I can see why because I've been the dancer. And then as a judge, I'm like, ooh, they're probably gonna pick up on this. So I'll talk to them and be like, hey, what's going on with the dance, Like how are you feeling? What was your week? Like I'll talk to them before and I'll kind of get an understanding, and then I'll be like, what do you want to say in the skybox with me? Because this is your thirty seconds to share your heart, like sell yourself so people vote for you, like what do you want to say?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: And so so that for me is like I hope that they trust that I'm on your side and this is about you. And so that's the journey for me for the show has been like it's been myself and then it's been like, you know, I need to be an expert and have great things to say, and this one yeah, and then this time it's like, how can I pull the space enough so that people feel safe enough to be themselves? And like I always say, Dancing the Stars is Yes, it's a dance competition show, but it's a transformation show. And like the reason why it's been on the air I think for so many years is because people see themselves in these contestants, that they are watching them grow. And so the more authentic people can be on that show and share all of their ups and downs and in betweens, that's what people root for. And that's just a big metaphor for life. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: They're so lucky to have you as a host, because I don't think every host is as invested as you are.
Speaker 3: So too, I need to give him credit. We talked about it a lot before last season, and we're like, this show is not about us, This show is about the show. This show is special, and like we want to give it the life that it deserves to have and so it can continue on. I was just at their house last night for dinner, and like, we're so in love with each other in the obviously most platonic way. We just care and like I think because we've gone through so many things and dancing has meant so much to us and it's given us such an amazing like life.
Speaker 2: Literally, I literally gave him a whole other career completely. Yeah, And that's the thing.
Speaker 3: It's like that show has been really special for so many people, and I'm so grateful to be a part of the show.
Speaker 2: You have always had just the factor, whatever that is. And so I'm wondering, as you're hosting or even judging, are you able to tell who's going to win, because it's really like who has that intangible thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you can definitely feel it. I mean we all can hand you know, like you can just feel it, you can see it. It's about the journey. Though sometimes the best dancer doesn't win because they're not captivating. I remember I was told this as a young girl competing. It's like the person that is the full package that like is dedicated to it, works really hard, has the gratitude and the appreciation for it, you know, and like also like a little fiery sassiness to him too, you know, like it's about the wholeness of it all.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to see my guy, Steven Nedoshek a horse guy. Honestly, he's competing.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and by the way, like what a babe, like just like the sweetest human on the planet. Like already people are like, Okay, I know who I'm voting for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: He's going in with like a few extra points already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, I'm excited to see what happens.
Speaker 2: Well, I heard you say in another interview that you thought your energy was your superpower and then you realize it was your anxiety. What do you feel like is your su power now?
Speaker 3: I think by superpower and I don't know if it's just mine or I think it's within everybody, but I think it's being a reflection in a mirror for others to see themselves. I think like sometimes yeah, when you just are you, and you feel like you've been able to delayer all the like protective mechanisms and you can just be and like people can then feel themselves and like what's possible for them? And so recently, I mean recently and not recently. When I was like twelve, people would come up to me and I would never give them advice, but they would always ask for it. But somehow I would just keep conversations going and then they would come up with the answer. And so, like, I think that's kind of my superpower is I can kind of just be a presence for people to also like trust their own intuition.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know how to explain it fully, but I've experience that through my life where I see it with my family and my friends. They call me doctor Huff. I got doctor huffed. But they'll come in and then I just won't really say anything. They'll just talk and then they'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: You know, really are like a therapist. Then, Yeah, that's exactly right, because that's what the best therapists do. They don't they create a container. And I think a lot of times we have this impulse to try to fix and solve, you know, and that's not exactly what people want to hear in that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or what they need to do. And I think I'll also I'm pretty good at being very open and sharing after I figured it out. I'm not as good at like being vulnerable in the moment. I'm working on that, but sometimes I'll share my experiences and then people will be able to feel the universal theme that's thread through it. And so that's why with the book, I wanted to go fiction because I was like, I want people to see themselves in this book. I don't want them to read my story and just see my story.
Speaker 1: Well, when you were talking about wanting to be a mirror that people could see themselves in, it made me think of this quote that's been circulating recently and I don't know who it's attributed to, but we become the person that we needed the most when we were children. Yeah, and it kind of feels like you're doing this, actually doing it through this book.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually I wrote my dedication to my younger self because I was like, you did what you needed to do to survive and go girl basically. Yeah, And also like, you know, I'm going to get real woo woo here time and space doesn't exist and we go through healing. So I am showing up for my younger self right now. And because I am creating safety for her, it is becoming a ripple effect energetically in my life. And that's why I feel so safe now.
Speaker 1: There is the power and nobility in that right that feels very good. But there's also the element of that that feels very raw and vulnerable and exposed. And I know that recently, as a part of this press story, you've shared a lot of really very personal events that have happened to you. And how are you feeling on the other side of that, because that is like, that's a big turning point to be really open about it.
Speaker 3: It is, and you know, I've been talking to my mom and my friends and people about it, my therapist, and I was like, headlines are going to pick up whatever they're going to pick up, and I have to remember that and remember the people that are actually listening to the full interview or the context, they're going to receive it, how they're going to receive it. But it is quite vulnerable because I didn't share the abuse because I was like, this is what happened. I'm ready to express myself of this is what happened to me. I was sharing it based off of Because of what happened and how it was taken care of, there was a lot of pivoting versus dealing, and so that created a pattern within me to pivot and not deal. And so as I'm going through my healing journey, I am learning how to move through things instead of pivot, and by sharing it, it was obviously like for anybody who needed to hear that to feel seen. Obviously that is an amazing intention to have, but it was really to show that we are a product of what happens to us, and we create belief systems and conditions to protect us which actually get us further away from who we are. And it's not to blame anybody. It's really to show the growth of the journey. And so as that happened, I'm so glad I got to share that and have these conversations which I've had multiple times with my family, and every time you have there there's a new opening and a new layer discovered. But I will say I'm in my most vulnerable state. As I said, I feel very whole. I was talking to Jamie kern Lima about this and she was talking about the butterfly and when you go into the cocoon and you literally liquefy into absolute nothing. That was my death whole pit of shit era. I never quite heard it described that.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: It's a clinical term. I'm going to trademark that that's book too, But yeah.
Speaker 1: I see future under that name. I mean too.
Speaker 3: No, I'm serious, that's book too. But but you know, like the butterfly is the most vulnerable when they first you know, come out, when their whole, when they're beautiful, when they've gone through the transformation, but their wings are still wet, they don't know if they have the ability. So through all this transformation, I feel like I've got to that place. But I do feel very raw and exposed and vulnerable, but in a good way, like finally my heart's open. I'm not protecting it in a way.
Speaker 1: But congratulations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean trust me, I'm like weaving. I'm like, okay, keep it open, keep it on, you know. But but yeah, it's it's exciting and different.
Speaker 1: I imagine you've also used work as a way to kind of protect yourself.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And you know, distractions are distractions, whether they're healthy or unhealthy. And fortunately I've had healthy distractions, but they've also just been distractions too, So you know, finding that time and space to actually just be still is something that I hadn't really work for.
Speaker 2: We mentioned your book, yes, but I want to officially yeah about the thing we never knew. Like you mentioned, it's fiction, but it's based on storylines from your life.
Speaker 1: So I've heard you call it factional.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we love that totally. Yeah, Lexi, our main character, she has these supernatural experiences that start happening where her senses are activated, and you know, she starts seeing things and tasting things and hearing things. And as that's starting to happen, she's like, what is happening to me? And if you look at it, like, you know, life is like this. You you live in this box where everything's good, everything's perfect, and then you start expanding. You're like, whoa, this is amazing and all the light and all this magic is starting to happen. And then all of a sudden you're like, wait, it has to expand this way too. So you know, that's what happened to me. It was like this activation that like opened up for me. And so I was like, I want to tell this story, but I want to heighten the experiences so people can have more permission to dive into a world that might feel a little intimidating with self discovery and healing, and heighten those senses so that people can really, like I don't know, just relax into.
Speaker 1: It, yeah and get lost in the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So I'm so curious where does Julian end and your main character Alexis begin.
Speaker 3: I mean, I called my mom the other day because she was like, man, this mom is really you. You wrote me really mean. I was like, Mom, this mom is not you, This mom is not you.
Speaker 1: This is why I didn't make it a memoir exactly. Now I know the real reason. It's smart.
Speaker 3: I know. I was like, it's a combination of this person. This person's a very So I will say that for anybody who's followed my personal life, which I definitely put on display for you know, many years, will be able to see a through line, but there's definite things that are not in there. I pulled real estate as her job because my sister's a real estate agent, and I can see parallels of that. A type personality. I'm a type personality, but in a completely different industry. I made Shane Lexi's husband a structural engineer because that is very grounded and rooted in like analytics, and like my ex husband was very analytical and grounded, which was like a beautiful foundation for me to be up here. So there's little themes like that. Obviously, I don't want to give too much of the book away but Lexi. It says it in like the first page, Lexi has a miscarriage. And I didn't personally experience something like that, similar but not like that. But I did lose my dogs and that feeling of loss and grief was something I've never experienced before. So there's like little pieces, but it's not direct from my life.
Speaker 2: I have another podcast that I do and it's very booky. Yeah, and the first person I ever interviewed it was for a book it was called The Likability Trap, and she said, I'm so glad this book found you, because I think books always find people when they need them most. And so my question for you is whose hands are you hoping this book gets into, well.
Speaker 3: First of all, full chills, because that's the whole point of this book is like for this to find whoever is going to resonate with it. And I mean my sister, I think, was the first person that read it. And she looked at me and she's like, did you write this about me? And I was like, yes, I did. I was like no, but I'm so glad that you feel that way. And I've been getting the same, you know, messages and dms from people being like WHOA, I feel so like this is what I'm going through right now. Even though it's not like my personal experiences, I feel seen in this. So it's that whoever it does fall in the hands to is what it should be. In the past, I've always like wanted my music or Beyondiancing the Star is to like represent how hard I worked, and like this book for some reason, like I'm cool if it gets on a best seller's list, which it did, that's awesome, you know, But I only want that best seller's list so that more eyes can see it, so that more people can experience it and read it and feel connected to it.
Speaker 1: So I think that's how you know you're on your soul path.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, just see what happens. But I feel like it has a long life and whether it hits now or later or somebody can read this twenty years from now and it will still resonate, Like that's really cool. That's really cool.
Speaker 2: Cool. That's the coolest thing about books is the outlive Yeah, eternal. Yeah, we have to take another short break, but we'll be right back with more from Julienne Huff.
Speaker 1: Stick with us. We're back with Julianne huff.
Speaker 2: As a dancer, you're so connected to your body, and I've heard you talk about the obsession with it. Even you said you're a creative, but you're also an athlete. Dancers are athletes, and so you're sitting in front of the mirror and like picking your body apart, and it becomes this obsession. I feel like, through the ether of following your career, I've felt pieces of your healing journey with your body, but I actually don't know the story. Where are you with it now?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I've never felt better. It's interesting. Even though I was a dancer, I actually wasn't as connected to my body as I thought I was until I started going in and like doing the work and realizing, wow, I dissociated from my body a lot because my body was the thing that just went and like I was burning my adrenals like it was a lot. And so when I actually started paying attention to my body, I had to rest and like the inflammation that came up and like all sorts of things, and that was hard because I was like whoa super inflamed. And then and then I started getting more consistent and like I did Carnivore for like three months.
Speaker 1: So you were like pounding beef flivver and tallow and you're kind of diet rotein that's even more dream.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty stream. I was doing like just beef and butter and like I did that for a couple of months. I hadn't I know, right, So I just I needed that also for my mental clarity because I was I was protein deficient all sorts of things. I had a marker for an autoimmune and I was just like, hang on, I'm anything that I do I'd like really commit to. So I was like, I'm just going to do this for a couple of months. Yeah, and then I'll ease back in. And after I did that, like my life force energy came back because I realized my brain fog and my clarity and my mood was just like all over the place. Yeah, the help me.
Speaker 1: Thoughts really help with that. Okay, now I'm actually really curious. I might need to get on this front of our right well offline about it. I don't know what you're done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And by the way, like I that's basically my diet now I just add other things to it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, do you remember the moment when the disassociation ended and you felt like reconnected to your body again.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there was like actually I lie, I totally remember when it was wow wow, Okay, so we love it on lot, Yes, I love it. It was it was all during this time. So it was like early twenty eighteen. I started going and taking Tai Chi and Chi goong, and like, I knew the body was going to be my form of expression. So as I was going through this, I met this person who was doing he called them fire sessions, and I'm so connected to the elements that just like hit me. I was like, oh, I want to go take this class. And I remember we did this class and there was like twenty of us in there and it's all visualization through the elements. And as we were like visualizing like this fire coming through our body and then connecting to the water, it was like it was kind of like a Kundalini awakening. It was like all of a sudden, I was like whoa, Like I was like touching my body. I was like, oh my gosh, like I like I feel my oh and I was like this is incredible and like I just felt my body. It wasn't just this thing that like made myself perform, and it was an athlete. It was like whoa, like I feel and all of this energy rushing through my body. And I was like, literally for like seven hours, this is this is this is BTMI and watch this big clickbait. Here's the clickbait for everybody who's ready. I went to dinner with my mom. I stepped out of my brother after this session and it ha'd been like seven hours. I was like, I feel like, like not quite a climax yet, and I was just like I can. I was like, what is happening? It was like fully, you know, like melting in the chair. And I remember I took a picture of the fountains behind me, yeah, and I sent it to the person who did this session. I was like, Yo, this is how I'm feeling inside of my body with the fountains like exploding, you know, and I was like, what the hell? He's like, Well, just you know, just realize that you've been so shut off and dissociated to your body. Just imagine like first person ever on Earth discovering their body, like you're feeling that right now, Just that permission to feel pleasure, not from someone else, but just within my own body. I'm like buzzing right now. You guys, Okay, here's the best part.
Speaker 1: You're at dinner with your family, So explain how this.
Speaker 3: Goes like this, I'm like, what is happening? Like, guys, I gotta go home, and they're like looking at me, like what is going on.
Speaker 1: I'm picturing all the Midwestern moms and dads who are visiting LA for the first time, and they say, Julia at dinner, that's such a good story, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Eighteen Yeah, twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Chef probably thought it was his sushi. But there we go. Now, there you go, Julianne, We've had such a wide ranging conversation, I feel like I have to ask you a wide ranging question to just wrap it all up. So I'm going to ask you, what crossroads are you at right now?
Speaker 3: What crossroads? You know? I think, how do I explain this what I was saying about the butterfly of like, I'm in this new whole feeling, but I'm quite vulnerable. I get to intentionally create my life because everything that I had created to that point it all came undone, and so I kind of have a clean slate and even wrapping this book up, and like a lot of projects that I've had kind of surfacing. They've kind of like finished a cycle. And I'm open right now, and so I won't really have a plan. I just know I love what I do. I'm really happy with where I'm at in my personal life. And I think the only thing I would say is I probably want to be a little bit more rooted. I've been going back and forth between New York and LA and I can get a little exhausting, and I just want to be in one place and like create more of a routine. So that is so basic, but like I mean, I just crave routine. Yeah, yeah, thank you, Thanks so much for having me. This is such a fun conversation.
Speaker 1: You're so wonderful. Thanks for coming here and for coming in person.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love people.
Speaker 1: Thank you, doctor Huff, the doctors in the Doctor's out.
Speaker 3: You guys are awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you so fun.
Speaker 2: Juliet Huff is the author of Everything We Never Knew, and she's hosting Season thirty three of Dancing with the Stars, premiering tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: That's it for today's show. Tomorrow, we have a very special guest, d One, the only Ev e. The iconic Grammy Award winning rapper Eve, joins us to talk about our new memoir, Who's That Girl.
Speaker 2: Listen and follow The bright Side on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Join the conversation using hashtag the bright Side and connect with us on social media at Hello Sunshine on Instagram and at the bright Side Pod on TikTok, and feel free to tag us at Simone Boys and at Danielle Robe.
Speaker 1: We'll see you tomorrow. Keep looking on the bright side.