Speaker 1: Welcome back to Debo and Joe. I'm your host, James Debo Harrison. I'm here with my co host Joe Hayden. Please make sure you guys are like and subscribe and download wherever it's possible.
Speaker 2: Joe Yo going today, Man, Bro, I'm doing great, my brother, I'm doing good. Watch some football yesterday, some crazy, crazy, crazy games.
Speaker 3: I was fully vested. I was cready because it was just.
Speaker 2: Good ball, goodball, good ball, great.
Speaker 1: Ball, good ball, goodballe. I mean, it's just exciting. You know, when you like, I said, man, when you when you ain't got a dog in the fight. Man, it just feel good.
Speaker 2: You feel free. You could really watch you can really watch it. Yes, I want to see what's happening.
Speaker 1: Yes, man, let's jump on over here. Man to the Patriots. Man, Patriots and Texans twenty eight to sixteen.
Speaker 3: Brother, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Broy, it was I don't know it was. It was good starting off, you know, just get the ball they get out there. First down, Houston, don't give them nothing. Second down. I'm just gonna say three to nine because I cannot pronounce the name to save my life. He made a nice player immediately on the next on the next player. On the third down, he made a nice play on digs right there, keeping them the sixth they punt the rock back over Houston get the ball. First down they hit the little play action. C J kind of throws it behind hutcheson brother brother.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's yes, and that's that. That was That was the of the game. It looked it was. It was wet, it was raining, but like from the rip off the first play, I'm like, okay, see, like the team wants to get him started, get them going, and then okay, this is not looking good too.
Speaker 1: Far, and well, you know it's just one throw man, it one throw a chance. Let it play out, man, let it play out. See you jumping too far ahead, man, Second down, Mark's got in my hot little three and the third down CJ hit. I think it was Kirk like right on the money. He just dropped the ball that could have contained that was in the heart.
Speaker 2: Yes, but that's what you could tell, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, no, no for show.
Speaker 1: For shure. They gotta punt the rock back over. They punted the rock back over to New England. They do like a little little screen right there. I think Stevenson picked up about nine second down they handed to him. He gone twinkye, yes, twinky too. I think the Houston Wild was it like thirty five, thirty.
Speaker 2: Seven something like that. That's when my man Stingley. They made him have to get to the edge. You gotta set the edge. Yeah, you got it. You gotta get up there. You gotta put it down like you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't, you can't wait Texas and they ended up, you know, locking them down on that first and second down. I think they dropped Henderson for like a loss of two on the on the first one, and then the second down it was three to nine. Again, he went and got it. He attacked it, he do. He almost made Henderson fumble. That's why he couldn't shake loose because he was trying to make sure he was holding on to that ball. Yes, they get to third and four team and made his digs for thirteen yards. Brother, great cash, great cash. He's out there hand time, fourth and one, fourth and one. Wow, they're going for it playing. They ain't just go for it. They got all of it, got all of it, like you got to you got to hook that hand on that back side.
Speaker 2: You gotta try. Yes, he was there. He was a good defense. But that's a great pass. But you got to make sure if you're not there to make the play, you got to get him on the actually take the ball. Bro He did, he did, he did. He didn't hook his back hand though. That's both. You know, you got to do both because if you missed that, you got to be able to tackle.
Speaker 3: So that's why sometimes we get in trouble for spinning them.
Speaker 2: But I'd rather spin him then he catched that thing you missing, He go all.
Speaker 1: The way to the crib. Plus they wouldn't even call it because your hand got on the ball.
Speaker 3: No, No, for sure, you'd have been good.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Touchdown now ven they upseven, No, Texas get back out there. I think it was Marx. I think he got like maybe maybe two before they knocked his helmet off his head. You know, they was.
Speaker 2: Hitting out there all weekend. That's why football. They were stinging. Everybody was getting smashed. Yeah, second down was incomplete.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think that one could have been picked two though, m h Yeah. I think it was third and eight and CJ. He made a you know, he made he made a great play, just dumping it right there. The show's the tight end. Like that's what I'm saying, Like he do something great here, and do something good here, makes it makes a good throw here, makes a great throw. And then he had thrown something short here Schultz went on head picked up. I think it was forty two to the New England twenty seven, and then I believe they FoST started. They ended up the next play. I think CJ he was he was under a little bit of pressure right there again he was under pressure and made a nice throat. Like the next play, it was like just it was just incomplete. I think they ended up getting to like a third and six and CJ hit Kirk for what was it ten plus they got a face mask on that one. They ended up pushing him to like the six yard line, so it's first what is it first in goal or something like that in New England. I think the next play they ended up stuffing old dude on the run second down shouts. I think he got maybe five, and then it was third and goal and it was marks up the middle for a nice touchdown. But Bruh the full back, the d lineman did not have his hand on the ground. Yet when they started to play, they got him for a legal shift. They looked out to third and six. It's incomplete, having to settle for the field goal. It's three to seven.
Speaker 2: Yes, that yes, that was probably one of That was their best drive. That was like they had a couple drives. That was a good one. Yeah you can.
Speaker 1: Yes, So Patriots get back out there. Houston's defense do what they do. Nothing on the first down, I think they batted down to pass. On the second, third and ten, they sack fumble my guy, but they don't recover it. Dude, you gotta.
Speaker 2: Oh, you gotta just get you gotta drop on that. You gotta drop on that. Even if you get it at the fifteen yard line, you're kicking it back. It's going all the way back to the one they recover it. We lose so much field position with the defense, Like that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Defense hooping, balling. But when your offense.
Speaker 2: Is not, you gotta be able to try to Like they need everything. So defense was doing all they could, but just the extra fall on the.
Speaker 1: Brock right, just I know what they think. We're trying to go all the way. They have no trouble they've been having trouble. You know, you're trying to go ahead and get this and take it to the house. They don't get it. They end up allowing them to punt the ball. Yes, Houston get the rock back. I think it was first down. The ain't getting nothing second down. It was just incomplete. Dude, was just pressured all night. But like I said, then there's times where you know he's under pressure and he makes a great get throw. I think it was third and ten. He's under pressure again and he makes a great throw the Higgins for nine yards, Like great throw, great catch, like where it's supposed to be for sure, Like they go forward on fourth and one, Chubb picks up the first down yep, and then the next play he is picked one league equals two feet. Dude, that was that was fire catch.
Speaker 2: Carlton Davis out there showing ball skins and it was just an overthrown ball.
Speaker 1: Like that's you know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, you get what we said before, Like if he takes care of the ball, they got a chance. He don't taken.
Speaker 2: They ain't got a chance because your defense is out there fighting for their lives. So they're gonna continue to fight, but you just gotta don't punt the ball. Drake May wasn't balling out like that at the beginning. The Houston defense was hooping, but he wasn't trying to give them the rock as much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, pass, get the ball back. First down, they gave it to Stevenson, but then May scrambles on what looked like I guess was miss communication play something something happened. He gets takes off. Give me that, yes, dude, he went perfect onto the punch of that ball. Dude.
Speaker 2: S Houston's defense fighting for their lives out the depot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they recover the ball. I think they started what the New England like twenty five something like that. Man Houston comes out there. I think the first first down CJ was dacent. He hit Higgins for five, Marx ran for four, and the next one that put him to the third and one. Yes, such push with staffer that get them too. They got a first down. Then I think it was March for another six, followed by no game on the second down, and then I think it was third down. CJ hits Kirk for tens Tony. That's how they supposed to do it.
Speaker 2: That was a nice corner route. Ball was a little bit behind.
Speaker 3: But Christian Kirk was able to catch it for the touchdown.
Speaker 1: Right now, it could be fourteen ten, but it could said ten seven mm hmm, pass get the ball back first play, y'all. That should have been picked. Yep. They should have been picked. Yep. He could have. He could have had that. Boys, he could have had that. He could have he could have for sure. They get the third and seven, Patriots get the third and seven, and may scrambles for that thing. Mm hmm. What do he get like eight or nine something like that. They stand up, Yeah, they stand up. I think it was the next play they stuffed him nothing. Second down. I think it was just thrown short. I guess they could have made that one when you look at it. If he hadn't thrown that one short, he could they could have completed that one. And then the third down they just tried to bomb on him.
Speaker 2: Boy, that was a little bit he had him by step. Nobody step on that on that one for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a.
Speaker 2: Long foul ball, but they had long yeah, loan for fotball. Nobody nobody remembers it. But like I'm like, oh, I see to be caught four off the line. I'm like, oh my goodness, and you saw he was praised, like, yes, okay, that's good. He threw it too far. He knew that could have been crazy. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: They punt the rock back over to Houston. First play, they try to do the little little play action, but New England was ready for it. They pressure CJ and he makes a bad decision to try and throw it. It is tipped up in the air. Jones comes down with it and it proceeds to do what Houston was trying to do. He goes twenty six to the house. It's to the bay, y'all to the house fourteen ten. Now do we throw this out of bounds? Do we throw this way? We can't on that one right there. We can't just throw it up in the middle of the field. We gotta do something. I think. I think that's one of those situations. I don't know where running back for I ain't gonna lie or wherever whoever he was he was trying to throw it to. But on that if I'm here, I'm like, yo, I'm just gonna have to eat this one, like or do one of them side arms down the side like I'm trying to get it there did and throw it to the ground. But then if you don't get it past, I don't know. Okay, Yeah, it's a lot. Yeah, it's a lot going on. Yeah, it's a lot. It's a lot that's going on with that man, Houston, get the ball back. First down, they dropped marks for a loss of two. I think it's second eleven. Yes, CJ hits Hutchison, right, Yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Gets he got to catch that though it's a little high. It's definitely a little high. I'm trying to look out for him. But at the same time he got here. Hutcheson for the twelve yard in the first down. Okay, okay, I think it was marks. The later the next play they dropped marks again for the negative one. But here is where you're talking about. It's picked again, because yes, he got it. He gotta grab that one. Let it fly off his hands. God, yeah, I ain't gonna, ain't gonna fall in.
Speaker 1: For that one.
Speaker 2: That's the that's the one thing album for sure, gonna put that on the receiver. But still we got to catch that. Tips and overthrows they're gonna get picked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Pats, get back out there. Houston put out the fire again, brother backing down firefighters, Yes, firefighters, Brother. They sacked May for a loss of eight. It's third and thirteen. I think they only picked up five. They gotta punt the rock back off. Houston gets the ball. Now. The defense of New England says, okay, we could do this too. Three straight plays, bro, They was on CJ man. Yeah, three straight plays. They gotta punt the rock right back over to New England. First down. It wasn't even that much. It was only like three yards. Then May his booty, he takes it twenty five yards to the Houston what twenty eight thirty yards or something like that. They then again things Henderson for lout a little hot three, followed by May to booty again for eighteen. I think it's first and goal is with the seven or something. Huh yoh.
Speaker 2: This was the best drive of the power catch power catch mag time.
Speaker 1: I ain't know. Power catch looked like, Bro.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying, That's what I'm trying to take. That was a great throw. Hit him in the hands and bang. You knew he was gonna get hit. And you see when he went to the ground, he was going through it around to it. Bro, It's not going to touch the ground. I'm going to palm this ball and get smacked and move it like no, I got this.
Speaker 1: That was just a great catch, bro, and still held on to it all the way to the ground. Control Ray, Yes, twenty one to ten. That's what they rocked back. I think the first first down ball was just tip. They end up false starting its second and what like fifteen They end up getting the first down because of the defensive PI. Then I think marks immediately after that was dropped for like four or five. It's second and long and cej his Higgins for sixteen. Nice, nice, nice, And he proceeds to follow that up like getting picked off again. That ball placement.
Speaker 2: Just to the sideline, scrambling right there, a ball behind that's getting picked. You got to throw that to the sideline inside a lot of them balls he's inside behind those are going to get picked like that.
Speaker 1: And that just looked too easy.
Speaker 2: Looking right at him, just I'm like, come on, maybe we can't have that. Yeah, I think it was u pass ended up. You know, they end up getting the rock back.
Speaker 3: But again take fire out, firefight, come out there.
Speaker 1: Three and out three and out like just going back and forth. Now, Houston, get out there. We ain't gonna do it. Three and now I think pass get the ball left with like third six seconds.
Speaker 3: And he's trying to score more points.
Speaker 2: Dude, they have sacked fumbled again Will Anderson. He's trying to create some some havoc. He's knowing, he's seen what's going on the other side. We got a school and he tried to fall on it between his legs, right if.
Speaker 1: He tried at least tried to fall down get the rock. Yeah, man, they end up going for fourth and eleven. Hail Mary and half yeah, half in.
Speaker 2: At the halftime, I'm looking like the halftime, I'm like this Houston's defense, y'all deserve to win.
Speaker 3: Y'all deserve it.
Speaker 1: Y'all are fighting for your life. You gave up a couple of plays.
Speaker 2: But then at the same time, the Patriots when they do make plays on their defense, it's man time. Like it's tight catches, it's in the window, like it's there. They're not just giving it to them now. Patriots don't get what they're what they got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Houston starts to starts the third quarter, second and eight. I think c j H. Hutcheson for like twenty three and then it was again he hits Hutchinson. I think it was like for five, second and six. I think it was Higgins right, Higgins for eight first down right there. I think Chub ends up going for like seven and two on first and second down. Put him to a third and one. Then stover comes in. They do the push, gets him a first down and ten. I think they had like the fifteen or something like that. First down marks. He goes for eight. Next play they stuffing for nothing. It is third and two. It's incomplete. I think that was the one where he needed to put the ball at the outside again. Bro. Yeah, like if he had just placed it like that, that could have been a first down. Instead, they settled for the field goal. What is it thirteen to twenty one? Now?
Speaker 2: Yes, at least they came out the second half fighting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bas get the ball back third down, walk down there may its sacked fumbled again.
Speaker 2: Will Anderson Junior. Yes, he's he's crazy. They get the ball back at what the New England thirty or something like that.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 1: Houston get back out there. CJ is sacked on first down. Then he makes a nice fast, Yes, placement all that Higgins right there. I think it was well for twelve or something like that. They got to a third and six, he scrambled for the first down that was ten right there. And then second down, my dude marks ass more problems to it and he fumbles the rock.
Speaker 2: Give me that they stripped that joint. Yes, they their ball searching.
Speaker 1: They lost all night, like both sides really, to be honest with you, like all night both the recovery out of control. Bro they recovered again Houston's defense. They come out there, they put out a fire three and out hoses all over the place. Man, quiz it's fifty it's fifty alarm fires we got, we got, we got fifty stations out here. Them boys out there they putting, they putting all kinds of fires out.
Speaker 2: Oh easy work, though, it was like, I don't know, Houston get the rock back.
Speaker 1: I think the third and seven they ended up getting the PI, which pushed them to what like the thirty five, thirty forty or something like that New Enid and then first down he dropped that yeah yeah, yeah, again like they not helped, They not help me help myself. Then when they helping helping him. They ain't help me. He gets sacked on the second down. M h, it's what third and thirteen. Now they only pick up five and they have to settle for another field goal. If they got touched down instead of field goals, it would have been a lot closer than what it.
Speaker 2: Was, brother, brother, If they wouldn't have yes, they wouldn't been out there looking crazy throwing the ball to the other team and catching the ones that hit him in the chest. Yes, it had been you know what I'm saying, a whole lot simpler. They was killing themselves, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pass get the ball back. First play, may hit what it's a hopper for fourteen. Then he's sacked, though Stevenson I think only got like two. On the next play, they had third and long and they get the defensive.
Speaker 2: Pile with the ball at the Houston thirty eight. This is when, this is when I knew it was game time. These dudes are on man time because Stingley is all pro stingly is that deal? So if you want to throw it at him, go ahead, try your luck. And then they didn't throw it at in the whole game. But then when they really want to go get the money, they throw it at him, got.
Speaker 1: The PI, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And then you can keep going on to this drive where it gets to the nitty gritty and booty third player all through catch for the marbles one hand, one hand, and everybody dropped, rain and all that. It's rain, snow and sleep, and you're getting sticky fingers now in the end zone.
Speaker 1: Just threw the joint out. I'm gonna have to take his gloves or some blue spread or something. Something got to be on them, on them things. Man, Them dudes couldn't catch nothing.
Speaker 2: This man out there spider webbed it for the game winner.
Speaker 1: Thirty two touchdown. It's twenty eight to what sixteen? By then, yes, Bro and Houston they get forced to three and out. But the killer came when the pass got the ball back. They got the ball back with like almost thirteen minutes left in the.
Speaker 3: Fourth and they started leaning on us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bro, Dane score that Houston stopped from scoring. But I think they time us up almost five six minutes or something like that. By time Houston got the ball back, it was only like four or five forty five left yep. And they punished the rock on fourth and eighteen. You understand what they did that? Do you would you have did that? And I think I know why they did it.
Speaker 2: They thought they they thought the defense had a better chance of getting the ball than the offense. I was turnover, they was gonna create something. If they run the ball, we're gonna strip it. If they passed the ball, we're gonna pick it. It was just I believe in our defense and we're gonna get the field position. Hopefully we can get something down there. So yeah, I just because I mean, they weren't doing you no favors, so you like this, Let's let's go out with what we know. I know, our defense at least gonna try to you know what I'm saying, stand on business.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, basically, after that game's over with, by time they get the rock back, it's a minute or two whatever it is, game over brother. Yeh.
Speaker 2: Final plot could say, great play by splaying, budd Hey jumped a little early for he put his hands right through.
Speaker 3: Great defensive play, but game was over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, game's over. Yeah. You just I mean, you can't. You can't turn the ball over that much and expect expect to win the game. That's just it's just what now look now New England, now they're going on. But there was there was, there was there was a little sloppy two now.
Speaker 2: Oh no for the Yes, yes, yes, that's what I'm saying. I like it because they're not unbeatable, you know what I'm saying. Like they show there's all in the armor. Like we didn't shoot ourselves in the first so many times. Brother, they turned the ball over five times, and the only points they got off the turnover was.
Speaker 1: To pick six.
Speaker 2: All the other four turnovers, they didn't get a field goal or touchdown, like zero points off turnovers. The only reason they got one because he ran the joint back from the interception. So for me, I'm looking at it like New England. I like Drake May made less mistakes. He still fumbled the ball, he still wasn't was getting stripped sack.
Speaker 3: Houston's defense going was going bananas.
Speaker 2: But how when they needed to make plays with Diggs, you know what I'm saying, making those plays, We caught those touchdowns Booty one on one versus Stingley, Like when plays needed to be made, the Patriots made those plays, like they didn't overly go crazy. But when things need to be made, when touchdowns need to be scored, when first downs need to be had, when drives need to be sustained, they can do that, you know what I'm saying. No, at the same time, the Patriots defense was creating turnovers, they were kind of leaning on their deep. When I was watching the game, I thought, I was, like, Houston's playing so good. They could almost take a knee three plays in a row and then pun it. You know what I'm saying, Like, let's see if the Houston's gonna mess it up defense is playing well.
Speaker 1: I might have thought about that after they got up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, we heard just because man, every time he's backing up. But Drake May Will Anderson's gonna stripsack you.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Somebody might get a pick and try to run it back. So Houston's defense was unbelievable, but the Patriots offense made plays when they had to. Drake May wasn't just turning the ball over all the time I mean he did this still was Kinston armor. But when they needed to make those plays, digs, I go with that.
Speaker 3: Digs bang bang ate catch.
Speaker 2: Then I go with that Thingley versus Booty one on one fade ball for the marbles when he once handed it. I'm like those that those two fourteenth those fourteen points were legitimate on that defense. That was like, okay, yeah, y'all came to play. I didn't see Houston wasn't able to make those plays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, CJ. They're saying his passer rating was a twenty eight. They said it's passer rating. If he had just spiked the ball, every play would have been a thirty nine point six. That ain't good, man.
Speaker 3: That's that's actually crazy.
Speaker 1: How do you eat? Ay? Matter of fact, halftime, would you have said no, I wouldn't have sat him. I wouldn't say I wouldn't. I wouldn't have said no.
Speaker 2: That's why I would have just tried. I didn't give him all the I'm like, CJ, what's that?
Speaker 1: Br like?
Speaker 3: Believe it.
Speaker 2: I would have gave him all the confidence I possibly could, the complete opposite of sending him because now he already is seeing a little bit of ghost. He already is a little fluster you seeing like when he threw the he's like grabbing his own head. I'm like, no, brother, this is not the time we need you. So like, definitely, I would have not sat them. I just would have tried to get him as much positive motivation as possible because we're in it now, brother, Like, I mean, we we're here, you know what I'm saying, So tighten up, baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you on that. I can't. I can't sit him down. I can't, especially like in that situation. I don't put all this pressure. I'm putting all this pressure on on on the backup, like, yo, come in here and put your cape on, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nah, he's over there freezing. The backup is gonna come in at your looking.
Speaker 1: Yeah you didn't see over there the whole night in the cold. Baby, it's gonna look spoof me. No, not me. Yeah, I can't. Yeah, I can't. I can't do that. One man beat the Bears overtime, bro that game. That a game. Listen, it shouldn't even been an overtime game. We'll getting into it any man. Bears get out there, we'll hit just hit the quick little there that'll work with time is yeah. But actually the first play with the Bears got out there with Williams did the little the little, the little boot play actually for that thirty four. Yeah, I thought it was about to get something. Man, they ended up holding them down. Think they got to like a fourth and two right there at the LA twenty one. Would you kick the field goal there? Or would you win for it?
Speaker 3: How to kick the field goal?
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie how to kick the field goal too, bro, Just I got to get the points. I gotta get the points.
Speaker 2: It's the playoffs that they're so hard to get. I got yes, it's just so hard to get them. I'm like, then y'all leave with none, But I can respect the person that's going for yes.
Speaker 3: For me, I'm like, right, I got to be mark.
Speaker 1: From you a genius. If it don't you were you're looking and it throws the ball high, it's picked off, It don't really matter. You know. They was go give it up on downs if it was in't complete anyway. Actually the pick actually made it have to start off further back, you know what I'm saying. But then LA goes out there after? Was it fourteen plays eighty five yards for a testdown? Think they used up almost seven minutes a clock. Second down and longs were Stafford's money. Stafford hit pooka first second and ten the next second and ten I think it was Stafford to Whittington for fifteen, followed by a nice little six yard run by Williams. They got to a third and three. Pooka picked that up for five. The next third and five, I think it was Williams for six in the first down, then second and goal. Williams finished it off with a four yard touchdown run seven.
Speaker 2: Oh, they made that look a little too easy.
Speaker 1: They made it look easy. It was about to be one of them games where I'm like, oh, man, come on, come on, man.
Speaker 3: Come on, Chicago. I know y'all not going like that.
Speaker 1: Bears get out there. They said, all right, we got to answer. They's in twelve players. Any yards we go use up almost six and a half. They said, second and long we go. Let go old Caleb hit Burden for eleven. Then we go go on that third and one and we go get too. We go, get too, my man, that's it. Second to ten, we do second and long too, Caleb said, you know, old boy for nine. Swift would pick up thirteen on the next one third down. Then lovely that man, love them too for two twenty three, straight to the LA twenty four. What's your boy? Megan? Nine?
Speaker 3: Manung guy my Nung Guy, loung guy, my nung guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that boy go for fifteen to LA nine. That's up running people, smack over, smack over, get out the way or get under this, get out the way, or get stepped on. And the boys keep doing the bron too. They end up going for it on fourth and three. Yes again, yeah, give me the points. Look, look, give me the points. But man, but you made it a.
Speaker 3: Touch down after they school, after they school.
Speaker 2: Now I'm a little bit more Now, I'm a little bit more ready to go for Now, I'm a little more ready to go for once and that after I saw them driving down, I know we need seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seven seven. It'd be a bunch of back and forth action then until I think the Bears got the ball with like two fifty left in the first at the end of the first half, started at the thirty nine Cale up hit what is it oh dunes for twenty seven o'duza oduz that for twenty seven to the LA thirty five. They would then start out forty eight yard field goal would put them up ten to seven. Yes, but it was a whole minute ten seconds left. LA gets the Rocks starting that they own twenty immediately Cooker for seven, then Higbee for twenty seven. Well, that's tight end. I think that was a good ad catch. Second and six. Williams goes for fourteen on top with unnecessary roughness again, but they would stall out. They kept on trying to go to the end zone. Yep, they settled for a thirty two yard field goal. But it's ten to ten, tied up at halftime. Boys, get back out there in the third quarter. Just go back and forth the whole third quarter. When it comes down to it, don't no real scoring start. Well, don't know scoring at all happened until the Rams get the ball in the fourth quarter, with like fourteen fifty or something like that left in the game. They own nine nine four five plays Brother ninety one yards stopped playing immediately they had rock to Williams. He go four and seven. They get to a second in long I told you Stafford was doing them on second in long Parkinson thirty five, thirty five. They get to a third and six. It's Stafford the Pookah for thirteen, second and ten second and long second and long Adams. He get the Adam for twelve. They go for it on the fourth and one at the seven with a pooka around the corner for a hot too. I ain't see that one coming, Dowine, go lie, he don't get that many handoffs like that. They ended up giving him a first down, first down. Williams runs it in five yards seventeen to ten boom, money, money, money. But the Bears get it back on their final possession of regulation and they start at they fifty because of a trash punt mm hm, trash punt second and ten Cale up his loveling for eighteen the very next place, swift he runs on him for about twelve. They get to the fourth down the fourth and fourth at the fourteenth. This play should have never happened for a touchdown? What is your dB doing? What is your dB doing? Back there?
Speaker 2: My man is putting body on the body. And I'm not going to lie to you. That tight end is way bigger than him. So it's not it's not like a The tight end did a good job. It wasn't a it wasn't a push off.
Speaker 1: But he wasn't a push off.
Speaker 2: He just he saw the all and then he can bro I'm telling you right now, what's the big brother. He did a little extension. But it's not a passing affearence. It was a great It was a great play. No, not even I'm saying, not even close. I'm saying it was a great play by the tight end because he sees the ball and my man is known to keep keep. You got to be in between him and the ball, you know what I'm saying. So he's going to be in front of him. So once he has that and he sees the ball coming, he's able to extend, push him off a little bit and then go get the ball. The dB was just hella smaller. You see, he's hoping for the push off because I'm like.
Speaker 1: It looked like he trying to judge the ball as soon as it left his hand and he stepped up. And when he stepped up and saw that it was going to go further than what he thought, couldn't get back.
Speaker 2: He definitely couldn't get back. He got, he got, he got a little push. It was not a good move. It was not a good move.
Speaker 1: Like, Yo, I'm I'm so far up under you.
Speaker 2: Boy, gotta stay what I'm saying, you need to get the PI because listen, I'm gonna be I'm be on you tighter than a pair of Fruit.
Speaker 1: Of the loom.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm trying to tell you, I feel you.
Speaker 1: I feel you. That's no not boxing. Breeches were talking tighty whities. I'm beyond these.
Speaker 2: That's a big ass tight end, brother. That's a big ass dude. I've been in that situation before and it don't feel like you're getting pushed, but you're getting pushed.
Speaker 1: Ain't no push? Though it was.
Speaker 2: No push, Ain't no push. And that's what I'm saying. It's not a flag at all. That okay, that was beautiful, beautiful, But I'm saying, as.
Speaker 3: Me being a dB, you feel like you're getting pushed.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm like, nobody tells me getting pushed.
Speaker 1: You said, you said. It don't matter what happened. You feel like you're getting pushed.
Speaker 3: You get pushed.
Speaker 1: I don't care what nobody saying.
Speaker 2: My man, if you ask him, he got pushed, that's a fact, ain't no.
Speaker 1: It was like, yo, you ain't you that nook? You see Lake there? I'm looking. I'm like, maybe he did get pushed because he was so far away. I'm showed to play from the end zone, Like that's what i'ybe he did.
Speaker 2: I ain't see you see how Swoll number eighty five is the tight end for the for the Bears.
Speaker 1: He pushed my mask, but it.
Speaker 2: Was so clean. That's not a push. That's what I'm saying. When when they say that's the PI, I'm like, you blatantly too hand extended. He pushed us because he swore with his arms, with his elbows or whatever.
Speaker 1: Just got some room. Just he just gave himself some room. Yeah, I feel pushed you. Okay, okay, spread out on me, you push me. Man, we gotta going over time now. Man, I think it was La that ended up having it. Well, I say, having to take the ball first now, because that's what you do. You give him the ball, Yeah, for sure, because if they score.
Speaker 2: Man, you can give you give yourself all four downs to know I got a score.
Speaker 1: I got a score. I got a score. If I got to make sure I get it all done, yep. And the Bears come out there and say three and out, get up out of here. None of that, none of that, none of that. Chicago, get the rock back as it was first down? What's it? What dude's name?
Speaker 3: Matt?
Speaker 1: Twelve yards? He hit him for They ended up getting to a second and thirteen. They picked up nine of it. Then on the third and four, Halo scrambles head down. I thought he was about to get put to sleep.
Speaker 3: See my look.
Speaker 2: He slowed down and embraced and it hit him in the shoulder pad too, So it wasn't as much It wasn't as much force because I thought he got hit right on top of his temple. But he slowed down broad, he took it. He did not drop that chin. Dude, that was dany.
Speaker 1: I don't know if maybe you got a hitting lift right there, just fall into it. Yeah, like that you could have ended the game right there, the end of the game. Right there, he'd have been like he had been a concussion protocol that he for sure could have been in the tent. But he hit him in the shoulder. Yeah, they ended up getting to it. I think it was a fourth and one. Williams picks up three and then it's second and night he is picked off with curl. What do you think of that, play man? What do you think of the throat it self?
Speaker 2: Like I think that he's thinking that he's thinking DJ Moore is.
Speaker 3: Going to cross the safety's face.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying, thinking he's gonna go more pylon, more angle behind him, over top of him, beat him deep. He's thinking he's gonna cross the safety's face and catch it like like a more of a over, like a more of a dig.
Speaker 1: Instead of an over.
Speaker 2: So I think right there and that's and that in that time where Caleb saw it, he's looking at the DJ Moore looking at the safety and he's looking at He's like, all right, I'm about to take it over top of him for the TOUD And Caleb's looking at him like, no, just cross his face for the dig, and.
Speaker 3: He threw it for the dig and he kept on going.
Speaker 1: So I think, but wasn't of the dude like I could have swear I seen the receiver like within like five yards of that. I think he might have just thought it was going to him.
Speaker 2: Oh you think DJ just gave up on it and didn't think.
Speaker 1: I think he gave up on it and thought it wasn't going to him, like and like it's another receiver right there that I can't think of.
Speaker 2: He's running like a like a go ball and these DJ's coming from the other side.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just think that.
Speaker 2: Well when he was doing it, it looks like it don't matter, baby, it don't matter.
Speaker 1: He picked that thing and that was the one where LA get the rock back. They started their own twenty two, Huck in his sixth, Stafford hitch Parkinson for fifteen. Then the great past catch the virus? What what's that? Boy? Did you see that?
Speaker 2: That was a dot? And that was all that, all.
Speaker 1: That prole I was talking about. They can't play in the colde They just they just lapped me in the face.
Speaker 3: That looked like they that looked like it was warm outside, like that in the dome.
Speaker 1: The catch with it too though it was yes, yes, number tips boo, Like what in overtime you yeah, sitting over there cold for the last three hours. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then it's what I'm trying to say when it's third, when it gets down to the next third, on the third and six, yeah, on the third and six, why I understand we're going zero. Understand what're trying to disguise. You're leaving Pooker were it's thirty six and you're twelve yards off Pookaho. You know what I'm saying, Like you gotta drop down, you gotta make that a little bit closer.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, that's pooka what you're talking about. Sixteen to the Chicago twenty seven. That ain't really tripping right now. They're trying to get some MOBI, but not really. They get to the fourth and seven, they bring in nine to two.
Speaker 2: They bringing nine too, big body the party and big body, big.
Speaker 1: Body, two forty two yard field.
Speaker 3: Goal to send them to send.
Speaker 1: Them home, Send them home, Keep them home. Twenty seventeen. L A. It shouldn't even been an overtime, man, No like that. Yeah, well you think it shouldn't have been over the time, man, he should never. Bro he's running back twenty yards and he throwing hell Mary, Bro, Yeah, come on, he did he did. That was a ball though, Bro. That was a like, you know, like the turnover, like the biggest the biggest one is just one at the end of the game. Is really would have come down to because the other one, one of the other ones was what was it the fourth and two and then he turned the ball over anyway if it was incomplete, So like that one right there at the end, that that that just sealed it.
Speaker 2: That just I think, like you said, the great teams, great games, it's going to be the little stuff, you know what I'm saying, Like spoored on fourth down there instead of kicking the three, then you don't go to overtime like you said, you're up.
Speaker 1: You never know the situation.
Speaker 2: So and then the picks like it Caleb on that last when we do have the chance on that last drive, that miscommunication, you don't know if it's over under two people in the same area, you just can't you're driving it down. You just need a field goal to win the game. So when you're playing two good teams playing versus each other, things going to happen here and there. So it's all the little stuff that's like going on. It's like every little play could have been a defining moment. So I'm looking at it like that fourth and one early on in the game when they ended up going forward, they didn't get any points, they didn't get nothing. And then when they do have that last chance drive to go get it after they got three and out. Now you got the wrong All you need is to feel gold. We don't have to do nothing crazy. We're trying to throw it deep over out. We still got time, we still got none of we still have another down, Like if it's not there, do let's just live to get a field goal, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I think.
Speaker 2: Chicago played really really good. The Rams played good. It was two good teams playing. So when the good teams play, it's the little stuff, it's little situations. Davonte Adams caught that joint, dragged that foot, that was a beautiful ball. That's what it comes down to. Like those little little plays they made and the Bears didn't.
Speaker 1: And you know what I'm saying. So that's how I thought they were able to win that. Yeah, yeah, easy, easy. The little stuff add up to big stuff. And uh, I think La done shook. The not being able to play in the cold weather name facts, that was. I don't know how much how much colder it could get. Yeah, yeah they proved, they proved it. Yeah for shore for show. Now the over time broncole Bills thirty three to Team bro. I just want to go straight to I just want to go straight to the catch, straight to it. It was other stuff that happened. Yes, we know this, but that catch, what do you think? What would you have called that pick? You would have called it a pick picked off Okay, picked off. Now, why would you have called that a pick?
Speaker 2: I would have called that a pick because you have to When he said when they his hand was in there also, so you gotta be able to take that and finish the finish it through the ground. So now when they both end up hitting the ground, we don't see what's going on.
Speaker 1: Rough, but you can you can see. You can see that when his knee is on the ground, he said he has ConTroll of the ball. Now we've heard back. Listen, listen, listen, go ahead, back two us. I'm great with the call because he helped us. But exact same thing. Aaron's ball is tipped, he catches the ball, he had that's control of it. As his knee touches, as his knee touches, before he's down, before the dude's down, he rips it out. But his knee is down, just as just as Cooks knee was down, he rips it out. They get the ball. Ours is called down by contact because his knee was down and he still had possession.
Speaker 2: When Aaron caught the ball, did he make more of like a like a football move? Now, did you see the ball get and then come down and then he bring his knee down.
Speaker 3: Get ball.
Speaker 1: Ball comes to him as he's going down, he grips onto the ball, his knee touches, he's gripped to the ball, is not pulled in. Dude has that ball just like he does. But they're saying that was control. They're saying that was control, and they caught him down by contact. Ball gets pulled out literally exactly almost the same way as far as the timing of the knee down and the ball being pulled out. His knee was down, he wasn't on the ground. Cook's knee was down. He wasn't on the ground. But then they say he got to control it through the ground. But you just did the same thing, same situation, and you said his knee was down he had it was the exact same thing. I believe me. I've been looking at these side by.
Speaker 2: Looking at those Did you see did you see the Davonte Adams joint? Which one the one with Davonte, the one that he they said that he caught the ball, the one in that game that they just had. Wish I would have showed the tea but so long, look, let me just say, do you think so?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying if you're calling that one down by contact, you gotta call that one a down by contact. This is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of it's so much gray in the catches.
Speaker 1: It's so much great.
Speaker 3: It's the catch to a football move to.
Speaker 2: Like then then then that's what I'm trying to to figure out because when I'm telling you, some people, I know they watched Devonte Adams catch and it's like he caught it, you know what I'm saying, did like one step and he went down and then they roughed it. It was the same thing. They picked it off too, and they called that a completion by Davonte. It's just too much great. Did he catch it? If your knees now it's a catch. The football move and all of that is kind of I think that's what's making it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know you're talking about yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I got you. Yeah, same thing, same this. The only one they didn't call that was down this.
Speaker 2: Only I know that's what Yeah, okay, yeah if the only reason why I was saying that because when when Cooks is catch, it looked like his hand was also in there. So I'm hearing when you're saying that he had control of it. But I'm like, the DB's hand was still in there, so I don't know how much full control it could be.
Speaker 1: That's what it was one with us. That's why I was worried that they was gonna say he ain't had control because dude's hand was there with his hand, but they were saying he had control. It wasn't moving. They're saying this wasn't moving until his knee hit the ground. After his knee hit the ground, he started going down. That's when dude was able to get the full and come out. Well, you can't officiate and now three I forgot about that, Adams. Now three different situations you're officiated, two the same way and then one totally different. Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: I think they need to simplify. They need to find a way to obviously simplify debo, like you said too, because there's so many different ways where they can try to say if it's i's if he has control and his knees on the ground, we're gonna be cause do we want to start giving it to the offense Because I'm like, look, if it's not down, you gotta.
Speaker 3: If it's a catch, catch, Okay, somall.
Speaker 1: And be able to get up with it. Do you know what I'm saying? I understand what you're saying. So if you played offense, you would want it to be a catch.
Speaker 3: Hell yes, yes, But like.
Speaker 4: Show Tom mcdermy just got fired this morning. Bro, See that's wild, that's wild. Possibly over this think about it. If he's still coaching, they win.
Speaker 2: If they wasn't fired, he's for sure still got his job.
Speaker 1: Like they just fired. Bro.
Speaker 2: You know what they say, So ties go to the you know what it, ties go to the receiver.
Speaker 1: But what I'm gonna say is tie, ties go to the wast the tie. You showed what you what you were, what the president was. You did it with with with us, but yeah, I know you did it with with uh with Adams.
Speaker 2: The Adams one. The Adams one is one. I'm saying too, I'm looking at that one. And when I'm saying, if they called the cooks, want to pick, the Adams one is a pick?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm saying? So like, Okay, no, no, I got them too right there that you're saying, it's more similar to you cool, Yes, yes, you got two different outcomes.
Speaker 3: I know it's foggy.
Speaker 2: They need to do something where it's not this foggy.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. This man that got fired on this one, he got fired on this. He for show, got fired on fired on this, bro, he got fired on this. What is he? What he got? Uh? Made the playoffs the last what six seven years? Something like that. I don't know, Like he got fired on this. They said, you know what, we don't care that you done made the playoffs. You're supposed to get us one of them back here. Okay, you supposed to get one of them nine to two right there, back there? Okay, nine deuce, you feel me, You're supposed to give me one of them back there, and you ain't got me one of them. Yep. You then one mere playoff game every year for the last six seven years, whatever it may be. But that ain't good enough. You you five hundred in the playoffs, but that ain't good enough. You know what he's said, you sixty six sixty seven percent winning? That ain't good enoughing, we want a championship. And ain't know what he said?
Speaker 2: Bye bye? They know what he said, Bro, you're not playing against you don't. You didn't It's not far that you had to play. You don't have that one. It's not versus Patrick Mahomes. Now you win against the Broncos and lost a game.
Speaker 1: Hey, you got it, a you got you gotta get out of here. We don't care about other stuff.
Speaker 3: You're talking about your coat and lead.
Speaker 1: We getting to a new stadium. We ain't trying to take this with us. That's crazy. That the dude, that's crazy. Who I think it's a good coach too, But who are you going to get to come in there and do bruh. This dude went from two thousand and seven he had a losing season. In twenty eighteen, he was nine to seven, six and ten, ten and six, thirteen, three eleven six, twelve, three eleven six, twelve four twelve five. This year thirteen forty previous year got he won. He won a playoff game. Sorry, he didn't win a playoff game in nineteen. He went there and got kicked out the first year. But from twenty to now he has at least won one playoff game each year. Two in twenty four and two and twenty. This man has had the last one two, three, four, five six six years and he has won one two, three, four, five six eight games. He's won eight playoff games in six years, and they fired they got him out of their debo, and I.
Speaker 3: Think a naight two dog eat dog world, that is wow, right. They gonna have to see what it is on the other side, because I mean.
Speaker 1: A man, I hope, I hope he make a pick pick like I don't know. But if he went and fired that man, and then you turn around the next year and you don't even make the playoffs, that's gonna be bad. You don't even get a win.
Speaker 2: You gotta at least get a win to even be to even make even.
Speaker 1: For it to even be okay with what you did, because he has got you at least one in the last six years, that two, four, six, eight in the last six Like, you ain't gonna get him that? And how you how you? How you how you lost it?
Speaker 2: That did?
Speaker 1: Listen? They they said, listen, we ain't playing no games. We don't care about none of that. We don't care about none of that.
Speaker 3: The goal here, you got job. We need to win ships.
Speaker 1: That's it. That is it. We don't need nothing else outside of a ring. And if you ain't gonna get us that, by I don't care what you want.
Speaker 2: No, we don't, man, Brodie, how about you feel about my man bow knicks ankle though?
Speaker 1: Hey, that was crazy. Listen listen.
Speaker 2: It just happened after that, Like I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, they said the second or last player or whatever, it was your second last player, Hey, bro, I thought they was lying. I don't know, Man, it's gonna be uh, there'll be some trouble for them boys over there. Man, it's gonna be back up, buddy. Yeah, yeah, you gotta look at it. You got Knicks out now. Defense. The boy just gave up like one hundred and eighty three rushing, almost three hundred passing. Who ain't no Knicks? Nope, I don't know. Ain't like New England. Don't run the ball? Well, man, you got drink me New England out there. Looking. We got the two front runners out here still playing in the playoffs. He's one of them. I hate to sad, bro It's gonna be a hard road to hole. It looked like it might be New England championship Sunday, Buddy, Patriots, Broncos, Seattle, mh. We know with no Nicks, I don't know, no bow Nick, I don't know. You already know I'm going with that. No Bowl, No Bowl for SUA. I gotta go Patriots, obviously Patriots. I got a Patriot helmet around here somewhere.
Speaker 2: Hold on, yeah, see nobody. But it's all good. It's I ain't like you though.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna pull out my Patriots helmet and be like, yeah, let's go Patriots.
Speaker 2: You're just going okay, not yet.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, super Bowl week you're gonna be acts.
Speaker 1: Hey, go boar, go boar, DeVault. I don't blame you. That's welcome, Joe. You know what time it is? Yes, a playoff Fame presented by Prize. All right, Joe, we let you staff. We let your staff do this from right back. Okay, they made our picks for the National Championship Game, and we have to decide if we're going to rock with this, if we're gonna play this man, if we're gonna fade this. So here are their picks.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hey, matter of fact, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Hold up. We went fourth for four?
Speaker 2: Oh you hey that debo. Hey, and I'm mad CJ hit us with eleven yards.
Speaker 1: We need a ten hey, hey, hey, four for four. I knew what I was doing, brother, I knew was gonna get left.
Speaker 2: You cook, you cook, knew it.
Speaker 1: You cooked. You can't, you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't do ten.
Speaker 1: Five gotta be levet.
Speaker 2: Gotta be eleven. Okay, okay, So now was gonna get picked. You did that. I told you Allen was gonna run for that thing. Sixty six.
Speaker 3: Ay, ay, shout out.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie. I don't think Stafford was gonna get that close. Man.
Speaker 2: Look he started throwing it. He started throwing it in the elements like he was in the dome.
Speaker 1: Still he didn't, no question, no question. Let's get let's get to this national championship game. We got back for less under two. God, what is it Becker the.
Speaker 3: Team likes, Yeah, Charlie Becker.
Speaker 1: We got backer. We got they got him for more fifteen. They also got it was that they got him for for.
Speaker 2: A Russian or receiving TV. He's going to score. They got him getting into his own and they got the quarterback throwing, rushing and receiving or Russian or it's a rush plus. So it just if you gotta get one of them one or the other, you sure, all right? I think, so yep, one or the other. And then and then the quarterback. He's gonna throw. He gotta throw. Yeah, he going through. He throwing on the Charlie and he throwing on.
Speaker 1: The lodger doing the Charlie.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and they got Indiana winning because I know they put under in Miami and he from Miami.
Speaker 1: Who the quarterback? I think he might?
Speaker 3: Man, those don't think man Thoza can't be from Miami.
Speaker 1: Yes, man, Miami. He at home, Bro, he might. I'm with it. He might throw.
Speaker 2: Wow who no, no, no, and whoever we got. They got Indiana winning, Indiana, they got Nana winning and joint and I do too.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Joe. I'm gonna play this thing. Baby, won't play this than all day every day. So y'all make sure y'all downloaded after day and use the code de bo Joe. Get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars line up Debo Joe.
Speaker 2: Yes, price speaks. Come on, let's god, but you don't want the people the money. Last week, man, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I do what I could do and I could do with man, you know what it looked like we got some super chat man, we got some super chat what we got here? Ricos under Rico underscore. Racho donated two dollars de Bo for Stiller's head coach and Joe for d See that sound good? That sound good? I like good it sounds Joe.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what they know when they say that we're going to give great teaching, They're going to get coached up.
Speaker 1: That's the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, set an edge, whoop a man. Every Corners will be tackling.
Speaker 1: Corners will be tackling. Linebackers will be feeling Yes, the line will be standing strong, and they will be de lion and will be able to plant their knee into the ground.
Speaker 2: Drop and learn that from my man. What's my man? My man ham big Ham big camp say he got the knee st ce Hampton for y'all that don't know hamstring, you gotta drop that knee.
Speaker 1: Hold two of them, just two people do like that? Be sitting there holding two of them like yeah, sitting on a line of scrimmage with them talking about and then as soon as they get four yards he would turn around and be like, what the hell y'all doing it?
Speaker 3: Back there?
Speaker 1: They not got four yours? Come on, and I'm up here holding too. That's what I'm telling about. Oh man, dude, hemp is funny. Bro, Hemp is so funny. Bro. Look here, man. I want to thank you guys for joining us on this episode of Debo and Joe. Please make sure you like and subscribing download the show. We'll be right back here tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yes or yes or yes sir, checking in, checking out, See y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Deserve