Speaker 1: What kind of mug you got those that the shape nice cute kind of give an owl. I thought it was owl for a time.
Speaker 2: It kind of does look like an hour.
Speaker 3: I had like a weird horror one and I actually changed it to this one in case somebody saw it.
Speaker 1: Wait, what's the weird horror it said?
Speaker 2: It said not blood on it, which I thought was a little weird.
Speaker 4: Well, now I did immediately assume that you're drinking blood out of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Mallory, any weird cups on your I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I have my standard white women water bottle over here.
Speaker 6: We got to stick together. We got to stick together. Hydrate my white sisters behind. I appreciate it. We really we need to all have to stay hydrate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, the only thing.
Speaker 5: That's going to get us through focus is I was like.
Speaker 1: The one thing that I didn't realize. I was just like, as a dude, how how much it helps your skin to drink it of water?
Speaker 5: We've been on that ship for a long time. Welcome.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I mean like I've been definitely the last few years. But I just remember, like a younger male coworker at like a job, like my previous job was like, like, have you tried drinking more water? Have you tried water because you have like you have great skin, like you have no wrinkles stuff, But like tried drink you could use And.
Speaker 4: I was I noticed that when you smile, the rest of your face like takes a while to unsmile because I think you might be dehydrated.
Speaker 1: Man, have facial edema or something.
Speaker 4: Your skin moves like a second after the red your facial muscles. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season four weight, Episode three of Dedi's Guys, What's production of iHeartRadio is a podcast where you take a deep dive into America share consciousness. And it is Wednesday, October first, twenty five, damn spooky season half begun.
Speaker 1: They're so man, Okay, here we go. It's October first means it's National Jiffy Mixed Day, National Walk to School Day, National Pumpkin Seed Day, National Coffee with a cop No, National fire pump Day. Yes we fucked with Dalmatians of Firefighters. National Pumpkins Spice Day, National Green City Day, Random Acts of Poetry Day, National Black Dog Day, Shoutow my Dog, All black Dog, National Hair Day, National Homemade Cookies.
Speaker 7: Day, damn lot.
Speaker 1: They're getting it in. Yeah, they tried to sneak in the coffee with a cop thing. I'm like almost almost. What is it? Are they gonna buy you a coffee? You're gonna buy a cop cop buy your local police officer a coffee? The fuck out of here. I'mready paying for your stupid ass F two fifty. What the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 4: You don't want to make the guys who walk around with guns, who are already terrified all the time, a little bit more jittery.
Speaker 1: Hey man, what a coffee? Okay, my bad, My bad, My bad.
Speaker 7: He doesn't need right here.
Speaker 4: My name is Jack O'Brien ak Potatoes O'Brien n and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Grass.
Speaker 1: This Miles Gray.
Speaker 8: I'm just an average kid with an average life. I work at Laser Tag and then I get high. All I want to do is be alone. When I cleaned the pizza dome. But why do I always feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone and I always feel like Doctor Dray's watching me.
Speaker 1: It's given me anxiety, all right, Shout out to Johnny Davis out there.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 1: I told the anecdote about when I worked at the Laser Tag birthday place and doctor Dre just shut the door with me and him in the room watching me clean up. He said nothing, wait he shut the door. He fucking bro, this shit was. It was creepy, bro that creepy came in the room. I was a sid probably eighteen seventeen at the time, came in this party room, closed the door. He was like, yes, I just parbaby, sat down and watched me clean up all the garbage. Didn't say anything, and then I walked.
Speaker 7: The hook away.
Speaker 4: You work like the way you say ship. I'm just trying to get the subtext of what I don't know. Couldn't help, but notice you cleaning up.
Speaker 1: There's a few different roads. All of them are fucked up. And that's what are you a fucking scout for people who work at laser Tag birthday places. He was like, hey, man, don't want to sign you like. I like the energy you're given in there when you clean up those plates.
Speaker 4: Like Miles were thrilled to be joined in our third and fourth seats by the host of the very popular book podcasts Reading Glasses and the new book show Reading Smut from the Maximum Phone Network. Please welcome to this show, Mallory, O'Meara, and Bria.
Speaker 5: I can tell you're a fellow Irish person because you're the only person who's pronounced my last name correctly. Oh Mara, Yeah, everyone says, Ohmeira. And you definitely have spices in your food if you can. If you can't pronounce my last name.
Speaker 7: I have not.
Speaker 4: I've never I will eat food and say, oh my god, what is that and they'll be like, salt.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, someone studied abroad.
Speaker 4: Amazing guess on your part that Jack O'Brien is Irish. Also, you know your.
Speaker 2: Stuff potato potatoes?
Speaker 9: Did Yeah you didn't even like potato, my brogue come out and try to cover it up.
Speaker 1: You know, potatoes O'Brien a real.
Speaker 5: Dish that is delicious dish.
Speaker 4: Delicious dish that is, especially if you put this special salt on it. Oh yeah, onions pretty basic.
Speaker 5: As far as we go flavor wise.
Speaker 1: So that's right.
Speaker 4: Well, we're thrilled to have you. Congratulations on the new podcast. Reading smut does what it says on the tin, Yeah, sorry, jacket there.
Speaker 1: The origin of it could potentially be from a place called Jack's yeah in Manhattan. Wow, So I'm just saying Jack o'brown or anyway, Sorry.
Speaker 4: Don't dig too deep or you're gonna find something you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. Yeah, you're gonna Yeah, you're gonna be powerful. People are involved. Man, you might want to leave that alone.
Speaker 4: How how has it been going from a straightforward reading podcast to uh, I guess it's still pretty straightforward to read smut, but.
Speaker 5: Do you think one would think, Uh, I'll more talk about genitals in this section of the book worlds than what we're normally used to. But it's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you do you both like smut? Or is that kind of a thing where it's like, oh, this is a whole other gen't we really didn't probably tap into.
Speaker 3: I think I'm like more of the nube to it, like I'm I just we started reading it like so our other show, Reading Glasses. We don't really do book clubs or anything, but we did a couple of like special book clubs with books and they were really popular and we were like, oh, maybe we should just see if people want to be reading more of these, And the more we talked about the more that people wanted to hear about it, so we just decided to dedicate the genres blowing up and Mallory can speak much more to it than I can. But it's sort of interesting to see why, like why are so many particularly women, but a lot of I mean you just said, you said, oh, fairly, you've read a smart book.
Speaker 2: Why are we picking up these books?
Speaker 1: I had to pick it up because this the description was so absurd that I was like, this is a book. This is an actual book someone wrote the words to. And last week someone was talking about Smutt. The book is called hallow Peen. Oh yeah, I think it's Holly Wilde is the author.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of seasonal smut with you know, Christmas Smutt, Halloween Smutt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with like a guy has like a rock candy penis in it. And I was like this is and I'm like, okay, I mean like this is this is different.
Speaker 5: So I don't hate I don't hate it. Yeah, I mean the first the first book we ever did for the show was about a man who is actually a door and gets turned into a human man. So yeah, it's a pretty popular thing. I mean, it doesn't that's the fun thing about the genre is it doesn't take itself that seriously. A lot of corners of the literary world are very snooty, and the smut people are like, hey, you want to bang this gingerbread man, let's go really really silly, really fun. And I think that's why people get into it so much, is because it doesn't take itself seriously. There's no it's very welcoming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, yeah, it's like the scribbling of like rather than like painting. It's like, dude, do whatever the fuck you want. And it's actually very fun because there are no rules and you get to be that. The guy's is made a rock candy, he's dummy. Bears come out? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: Why not.
Speaker 7: Out? Is that real?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I can write. There's a few excerpts I was going to read.
Speaker 5: But anyway, reginitly do one where someone where Frosting came out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was a bli one.
Speaker 1: Animal Frosting comes out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well he's a he's aware balloon animal. He sometimes is a man and sometimes he's a balloon animal. But you have to be careful, nothing sharp around him.
Speaker 4: Sure, is this a testament to like how bad men are there always has to be like some or Yeah, I'd rather be a were wolf door human that's.
Speaker 5: Five one one deep. Look into tinder and you're rushing towards the nearest door.
Speaker 1: Right, guy holding a fish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, once you see enough fish photos, a guy with the rock candy penis looks pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So it's just like like people's desire for truly consequence free sex that's like not tied to anything or any like per It's not going to remind you of the sex that you've had with people, right, it's like, just get me into a fantasy world where I don't have to be tied down by experience or expectations or anything.
Speaker 5: Yes, and the heroes are always very into the women. They're always like very feminists. They always have good jobs. Yeah, it's it's a magical fantasy land clean bedrooms.
Speaker 2: But I will also say they are like medical men.
Speaker 3: There are real men, there are real women, like there are we don't read just like the fantasy ones, although that's obviously what's kind of popular right now, but yeah, there actually is like definitely a clean bedroom trend.
Speaker 1: Wow, Like authors like and then like how how is that? How you usually encounter that description, like a.
Speaker 5: Beautiful sheets, gorgeous curtains, very clean. You know, you date enough guys who have never washed their towels and don't have juvat covers or bed frames. And reading these books about these thousand year old fairies who have like two thousand thread couch sheets. Yeah, pretty pretty nice guys.
Speaker 4: You don't have to go to Jordan Peterson to have somebody imply that you should clean your bed, nerd. You can just read about your fucking balloon animals.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, you'll get the same the same message.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's wild. I mean I one time I did have jeans I used as a towel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I'm sorry in college, but you moved on. Yeah, you've moved on, You've evolved, you have I'm sure you have real towels now that I do.
Speaker 7: I have one.
Speaker 1: I have one.
Speaker 4: I have a dish towel that I've been using for about a week next to my computer, and you carry.
Speaker 5: It around on your shoulder like a chef.
Speaker 4: Miles this morning when we were recording and I used it to wipe my mouth. Thinks so highly of me. He was like, is that a song that your foot valid? Question though, I can't even imagine someone pulling a sock off their.
Speaker 5: Foot to what you haven't dated enough men.
Speaker 1: I've seen jeans used as towels. Man, sock isn't that bad, And I think.
Speaker 4: It's a worse article of clothing as a towel.
Speaker 5: And I've seen it.
Speaker 4: Sweater underwear, table knit sweater.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean it's rough out there, folk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, isn't absorbent at all? Yeah, I just wipe your hands on.
Speaker 7: I don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Well, we're thrilled to have you. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of things we're talking about. We have an update on the rapture, the great disappointment that happened last week.
Speaker 1: A second, we got a new date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got a new date. And amazingly he's just like picked one like next week. He's rescheduling this ship like somebody rescheduling a meeting they don't want to do.
Speaker 1: Let's push it out a week. We did not learn at all.
Speaker 4: A lot of time. I know didn't learn the lesson at all, But do.
Speaker 1: You need that much time? Because if they took the first one. Seriously, didn't they do all that prep work of selling their ship and leaving biblical note cards behind and all the other shit I saw on rapture.
Speaker 2: Talk people to care for their pets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe he did learn the lesson from the first one. Anyways, we'll talk about that. We'll talk about dynamic pricing, an exciting new innovation in capitalism where they can change the price based on you know, where you are, what they know about you. It turns out, and this is going to surprise everyone, that this new tool of capitalism is just going to be used in a predatory way that disadvantages the poor. I'm so surprised, I'm fucking my jaw is on the floor.
Speaker 1: I call it a consumer stress test, is how I talk about it.
Speaker 4: It is while trying to like research this subject and you have to get through like eight studies by libertarian think tanks being like this is fucking sick. Yeah, it's everybody to pay the exact right amount. We'll talk about the new contest from Jigsaw, Sorry mister beast, where you have to escape a burning building. The video is literally called would you risk dying? For five hundred thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: It's so fun to be alive. Guys, it's been so cool to be alive in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all that plenty more. But first, Mallorie Rio, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 5: Well, almost all of my Google search is right now are how much protein is in insert food here. I am a meathead, so I'm a powerlifter and I eat a ton of protein every day. So the last thing I looked up was how much protein is in the sushi burrito I had for dinner last night. Turns out but pretty.
Speaker 4: Sick, and Google knew exactly which sushi burrito you had. You just said how much is in the sushi burrito? And they were like, oh, what's up, Mallory.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I kicked the low end and just assume it's kind of around there, which was like forty eight grams.
Speaker 7: Pretty great, Dan, What.
Speaker 1: Do you gotta do like your weight in grams of protein? Like at a minimum, what's such.
Speaker 5: Your weight times either point five or point eight and that's how many grams you need a day?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah for game for gains, I mean, if we're trying to make gains, here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for Sick Gains.
Speaker 4: Chris Gaines, my favorite artist. I'm trying to figure out what happened to him.
Speaker 1: I'm bad at.
Speaker 4: Google, I should say so, but I haven't been able to find out when his next album's coming out.
Speaker 1: Mallory, what was your road to powerlifting? Is that just like you were you doing like sports?
Speaker 5: Or is somebody new I've been doing it for quite a few years now. I just saw someone doing it at the gym one day and it looked sick, and I wanted to do it, and I just got really into it.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I just like, I just like, I just like a story like that. You're like, you know what I'm having that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw and it looked really it looked really cool, and I said, I want to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about you, Aria, what's something from your search history?
Speaker 2: I have COVID right now, but we're all in different spots.
Speaker 3: It's okay, I can say that. I almost didn't say it, but then I was like, is that weird? Like it's weird. I didn't want to say it, like, but we all get sick, and I, uh, my friend. I was talking to my friend on the phone. She was like, you should do it an ivy at home.
Speaker 1: Do you know about this?
Speaker 2: He'll bring like a home IV and they'll do like wellness ones. This is maybe not real science.
Speaker 3: I will certainly admit that I don't know if it will help, But I was googling that because I'm gonna have someone come today and do a vitamin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you feel done? This is this the thing? Like I feel like thought this was for people with hangovers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it from yeah.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know people who like, like there's a nurse in a friend group who will be like, I've got the I've got the bag, so tomorrow morning, like we'll hook everybody up. And you're like, Jesus, that's a lot of planning to just poison yourself.
Speaker 2: But have you heard of people doing it when they're sick though, Like that seems.
Speaker 1: Like yeah in the hospital. Well they're very popular at the hospital with people are doing too well.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think I was texting with the guy and he was like, well, I can come earlier, and I was like, well, I'm doing like a podcast, so I don't think that be weird, and he's like, I can do it while you're doing the podcast. I was like there's video that would be if I was just over here. I mean, but it would be maybe I feel like really pumped.
Speaker 1: Though, Are you pretty like I'm guessing pretty zapped from it if you're like googling, hay, can someone go to my house?
Speaker 2: And yeah, I am.
Speaker 3: Today I was feeling okay, and then today I'm in yesterday astory feeling worse. And I don't know when my friends have all these like people have weird ideas where they're like, COVID, this is how you get rid of it, and I'm like, maybe it's just an illness and it'll just run its course and then if I drink enough water and like take my vitamins. But I just decided to do it because I have a haunted house I want to go to this weekend.
Speaker 2: So I'm trying to incredible.
Speaker 1: That's actually where it's at. It's not that you're even like like willing to entertain the quasi science of it. You're just like I, if anything guarantees I'm going to this haunted house, I.
Speaker 2: Will do it. I'm going to try it. I'm going to try it.
Speaker 4: I do feel like the things that they do in hospitals, like people hospitals, especially you know as a to like I remet in was another one of the big things, which was I think a horse dewarming.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: I like that. You've gone with a treatment that at least I can be like, yeah, well they seem to think it's good in hospitals.
Speaker 2: So check back in with you.
Speaker 5: I'll let y'all know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not listen. I'm not totally a believer, but I am willing to try anything to get to go to the Haunted House.
Speaker 1: I want to it's the hanted House.
Speaker 3: Well, I go to a lot of honted houses, but this weekend I'm going to Knots. That's my favorite one, and I yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: I have tickets.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Hallieen, Horror Knights is really falling off.
Speaker 5: Can they hook you up to an ivy while you're at the Haunted House?
Speaker 7: That is?
Speaker 2: That is the scare, that's the trying and hoping the cast.
Speaker 1: Or you tell the characters You're like, I'm hooked up to an ivy, don't you pop out?
Speaker 4: What is something you guys think is underrated?
Speaker 5: Thick boys on romance, novel covers.
Speaker 1: Boys, any reference one I can look up right now to kind of get in.
Speaker 5: Well, there's the thing. There's been a big which is great, a big push for pody positivity in the romance world. So you've been seeing a lot of hot, sexy, thick ladies on romance novel covers. But all the guys there, all the chests they're still leaning on, are still very yeah, just normal, like very stereotypical, the fabio kind of guys.
Speaker 1: I want some I want to boys, yeah.
Speaker 2: And hairless. They tend to be a little bit hair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I want I want a hairy thick man on a romance novel cover.
Speaker 7: That's what I want.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, nobody's nobody's got the hairy thick boy cover at all.
Speaker 5: There's some, but it's for gay romance. So there's like two thick gay guys, but I want they can't boys. That's what I want. So that's I think it's really underrated. It's something that we've been noticing. I'm like, I see I got I got the thick girls, but.
Speaker 1: No boy, I'm looking for a thick hat male.
Speaker 5: Yes, please, there we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, Riah, how about you.
Speaker 2: Bria Mallory's really on brand and I am not. I was you know, you know what's underrated.
Speaker 7: I E.
Speaker 2: I got later.
Speaker 3: I work for drip Ivy. I find that people. I meet so many people in LA who are like, ugh, I hate small tack. I just want to get into the deep stuff. But I'm like, no, talk to me about the weather.
Speaker 2: I want to. I love talking about the weather. I love talking about the smallest minute things. And I at the dog park. That's pretty much all.
Speaker 3: I go to the dog park every day and we talk a lot about just the smallest stuff. Like I don't want to talk with a stranger about.
Speaker 2: Deep stuff or anything.
Speaker 1: Friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I yeah, exactly, Like I actually think the weather is really interesting.
Speaker 2: We all experience it together.
Speaker 3: Like we're all like we all have to make decisions based on the weather.
Speaker 2: We all like in l A. You know, it doesn't change that offense. When it does, it's like really exciting. Like I am.
Speaker 3: I think that people act like talking about the weather is like that's boring. It's like the you know, typical boring thing. No, I'm here to talk to people about the weather like I want to talk about the boring stuff.
Speaker 1: Isn't the challenge though, keeping a conversation about the weather alive from more than that never met me.
Speaker 2: I can keep a conversation about the weather.
Speaker 1: Let's try break this.
Speaker 4: I got you.
Speaker 1: You see that cloud yesterday?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god, yes, ending of that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yes, we had a cloud in the skies of Los Angeles. It's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and today zero clouds.
Speaker 1: What do you think it's gonna question?
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 3: I have hats that I haven't warn this year. It seems like last year this time it was already cold.
Speaker 1: You know what I do around this time, I start buying a lot of winter clothing because it's on sale for winter that usually doesn't come.
Speaker 2: That's really smart. Or you can buy the stuff so we can talk about that forever.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the deep stuff is where you get into trouble.
Speaker 1: I agree with that.
Speaker 4: Like the weather is a classic for a reason, Like there used to be rules of decorum that were, like you don't talk about politics and religion at like dinner, just with like people who you don't have to talk about, and instead you talk about the weather. And because everyone has to have a hot take, now everyone's like fuck talking about the weather. But it's a classic for a reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bring back to bring back shame, Like a little bit more shame about what you're willing to talk about in public.
Speaker 5: This is very funny to talk to come from two smut hosts the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, because I guess the question you'd hate to hear something like kind of books you've been reading late?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Yeah that is we actually comes cream. I think I'm not weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like if people ask us about the news. I mean, I personally, like my heart, I'm just like, I don't want to talk about people who know we have a news podcast. They and like, I think that I'm going to want to talk about the news.
Speaker 5: You want to do your job for free with me right now?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Yeah, yeah, I just lie. It gets you meeting strangers and saying you work, even if you say you work on podcasts. Oh my god, no, never mind, I'm a balloon artist. Well.
Speaker 5: The worst is when it's not just when they want to talk about a stupid podcast, is when they want to pitch you their podcast idea that's never going to happen. And it's like me and my guy friends, they're so funny, and you know, I think we're just gonna we're just going to record ourselves hanging out. Wow, there's no shows that are like that.
Speaker 1: Extremely no barrier entry for guys talking about shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there aren't any podcasts like that. So you're you're gonna be first to market. Let's take a quick break, we'll come back. We'll talk about what you guys think is overrated and get into the news. And we're back, and we do like to ask our guests, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Bria, you want to kick us off.
Speaker 2: I think it's the COVID brain. But I was like, I don't even have anything.
Speaker 3: You know what you know how I got COVID is because I was like staying out too late and hanging out with people and I'm in my forties, Like maybe that's overrated, Like why you staying out late? People seeing people seeing People's fine, but like nothing good happens when you're forty after a certain time.
Speaker 4: How late we're talking midnight, midnight? Okay, that's ambitious.
Speaker 2: Nothing good happens if you're over forty. Okay, go to bed, go to bed, go to bed.
Speaker 1: You're too I'm still I'm willing to think I'm still in the phase. Was like when you start doing afters, that's.
Speaker 2: When so you're like two am.
Speaker 1: But I also last time I was until two I can't even remember.
Speaker 2: I can't. Well, that's yeah, I was. I was doing.
Speaker 3: I was out to tish for like I was at like a festival.
Speaker 2: Things were happening, and I was out too late, and that.
Speaker 3: That's that's when I got sick. I think being out too late nothing good. You're not having productive conversations with people. People are just like screaming and spitting on any.
Speaker 5: About the weather. You're not talking about the weather that you're high on cocaine.
Speaker 1: It's been so fucking hot, dude.
Speaker 5: It's like the weather man being on coke and talking about the weather is such a funny concept.
Speaker 1: Really underrated podcast Coked out weather forecasts come on in I liked.
Speaker 4: I like the cinder rule. Just get home by midnight. You're gonna be all right. You won't be like dying the next day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 7: That's I like it.
Speaker 1: What a malory? What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Love triangles? I'm so sick of them. There's it's a big thing in the in the smut world, and like the romance world, it's always good.
Speaker 2: It's staying on brown I'm glad she's here.
Speaker 5: I got you. I got you. Because there's this big thing in the smut world where it's always there's two men. One is blonde and one has dark hair, and the one that is blonde seems to be nice at first, but it's really evil, and the one that is dark hair seems evil at first but is actually good and also fucks like a bullet train the girl. And then for a big, big chunk of the books, she's always like, I don't know what to do between golden boy and dark haired boy. And I'm it's so irritated to me. I'm so sick of the love triangles. Just fucking pick one, get on with the plot.
Speaker 1: It's I mean that, I mean that whole summer I turned pretty. It was just such a vocal point, was like the love recently, Yeah, what's your I can just tell from your exact.
Speaker 5: I like plot and trying to choose between two men is not a good story to me. That is not a fun plot, right right, right?
Speaker 1: It's which especially which brother, the older one the younger one.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Yeah, I'd rather lay in the road.
Speaker 7: A pot.
Speaker 1: That was a movie, the program.
Speaker 7: I think they did that in.
Speaker 4: But in the program, did the Road on a full Moon come alive?
Speaker 1: And funck?
Speaker 5: Now you there you go. I'd be more the tarmac comes alive.
Speaker 1: Okay, his name is Mac.
Speaker 4: And turns into the road. It's just an idea, just spit on in there.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, let's let's move on to the news.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: And I use the the word news very loosely. So last week everybody was obsessed with the rapture, and you know, when it didn't come, some people were disappointed, some were confused.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 1: I was fucking shocked.
Speaker 5: I was really bummed out. I was hoping that there would be a lot less annoying people on this earth and yeah, they're still here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I I was like, oh, finally, it's like when everyone leaves La for Coachella. Yeah, oh oh good, here we are. The city is better, thank you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought there'd be more sales, but there hasn't been really anything.
Speaker 1: You know, if the corporations were in on it, and I'm like, maybe God does exist if they're still trying to get their profits into the last very last minute. Maybe, But yeah, that scammer ass pastor from South Africa that predicted that the rapture is gonna go down last week has now spoken for the first time since that wet fart of a prediction, and he is now saying, uh, it's actually it's actually next week. It turns out, oh nice. So he went on a YouTube like like any pastor who predicts the future does the go on a YouTube live stream to speak, and he basically said, he said something to the effect is like, ah, man, see the thing is I was follow here's it. Oh dude, I was following the Gregorian calendar. It's actually the Julian calendar.
Speaker 5: The time I'm always wait to meetings.
Speaker 1: So that means carry the one I mean October seventh or eighth.
Speaker 3: Well, depends on what part of the world you're in, right, if you're in like Australia, you know, but you'd.
Speaker 1: Still just a little flexibility there. But yeah, that for he said, quote the seventh and the eighth of October is the real feast of the trumpets. I'm a billion percent sure. Wow, that is so certain. He goes on to claim that he questioned God on why the event did not take place this week. He said to me days First of all, I don't think you could. You can talk spicy to God like that, really like, hey, what the fuck was up brought that was last week?
Speaker 5: Like really taking him to task.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sure a.
Speaker 1: Guy like shut the fuck up home, it will be i'd said, quote it's days from now I will rapture my church.
Speaker 5: Well, if you could talk to God, why didn't he just do that to start?
Speaker 1: Thank you? This is what I always annoys me about people who say they talk to God, because you're like, Okay, I'm pretty sure. I went to Lutheran school. I was taught God is infallible like he he says he does. God doesn't fuck up. Okay, y'all fuck up? Now, if he's talking to God and he gave you the wrong date, you can go for like a make good to start to be like, hey, can you give me like the real date here? Because that's why I'm like, So that's what I guess. My question is who got it fucked up? Did God get it fucked up? Did you get it fucked up? And if you're getting if you're getting it fuck up, why are we listening to you?
Speaker 4: Is God like a fuck boy who like speaks in vague like terms, you know, and it's just like yeah, it's just like you know it's happening, and like gives you vague clues that you then have to like kind of piece together on your end.
Speaker 2: It's like an escape room.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but you have to escape the earth. That's what you're trying to do.
Speaker 3: Are they going to like fly into the sky type rapture or is it they're gonna blink out?
Speaker 1: Like that's what I want to know. I want to know. It depends on which TikToker you talk to or whose content you look at, because there is hold on, let me pull this up because Brian the editor sent me one of these videos last week of a like this guy showing us how the rapture is gonna work and it's so janky. Hold on, let me pull this up because we should actually just watch this because it's really funny.
Speaker 4: I definitely have my preferences, Like obviously, I think the one that's popular right now is Obi wan Kenobi, just like pile of clothes, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Maybe it's like a light like there, like there's economy rapture where you get sucked out of your clothes. There's business rapture where you get lifted up with all your clothes.
Speaker 4: So the really fun one is if you just get lifted like slowly, because then when they get to flex class everybody you get to like look at everybody in the eye as you were being chosen.
Speaker 1: I mean, it would be so fun.
Speaker 3: But why would people not just fall down and be dead, Like isn't it their souls? So wouldn't it just be like their bodies, their human bodies are left behind?
Speaker 4: Because where's the showmanship, you know, like where? But I do think it would be funny if, like, you know, God wasn't working when we had like things like fans and like ceilings, if people just like get stuck like a balloon like at the top. Yeah yeah, and if you burp you do actually like get it. He's like I was really counting on this like sort of fizzy lifting drink effect, and now everybody, like the people who burped just like kind of got stuck in between. They're just floating around in the sky like balloons that somebody let go on their birthday.
Speaker 3: They keep accidentally hitting like an Amazon delivery by a drone.
Speaker 1: Oh though, where is it?
Speaker 7: There's it?
Speaker 1: Oh God, this guy, there's this one creator who puts up so many fucking videos about the rapture.
Speaker 4: I saw one where like a couple was pushing their toddler on a swing and then the toddler disappeared. It's like swings forward and then comes back no toddler, but also no clothes. So they get raptured wearing what they're wearing. So that's just what you were in that.
Speaker 5: If you're over eighteen, they'll take your clothes off. For the kids, they leave the clothes.
Speaker 1: That's the video I tried. This guy has a ton of like copyright music, but it's like this really yanky, like like fucking roadblock style of animations or just a bunch of people going into the sky. But they do do the sky one. Oh yeah, they were flying up. It looked like it looks like the nuclear apocalypse or just like a bunch of you just see a bunch of lines going up in the air like miss.
Speaker 4: Just like straight up getting beamed up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. But then Peter's there and it's like you're in, You're in, You're in. Where is your protective garments?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Wait, so are they going up into space or or what point in the sky are they going to like disappear?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if it's not cloudy there what you're just like, where are you going?
Speaker 5: Are you hit?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: What part of this are you getting? Out of Earth's orbit?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 5: Where are you?
Speaker 1: It looks like you go to heaven. So here, like, don't scroll this, don't scroll. This is the rapture. Okay, okay, boom, bro don't scroll, don't scroll. Check it out, check it out.
Speaker 4: Boom good uh huh.
Speaker 1: Now this guy that's God. I think maybe he just returns.
Speaker 8: Boom, he returns boom, boom gone gone.
Speaker 1: The souls dead baby.
Speaker 4: Boom gone baby. So this does add that nice little drama.
Speaker 1: Couples that not everyone's going to be saved this rule.
Speaker 7: Boom.
Speaker 1: Look at that, y'all. Look at that dog that that server was there to just ask them how their meal was going. An they're gone.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't have been a weiter loser boom.
Speaker 1: Why do the servers always come right when you have a mouthful of food? Am I right?
Speaker 7: Ladies?
Speaker 4: Boom? Okay, this was a child talking to their parents and then the parents got raptured and the kid didn't.
Speaker 5: Really really sinning baby right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shouldn't have been a bad little kid, asshole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny because like the comments are like aw some form of like, yes, praise the Lord, I will be protected when the day comes, and other people like you haven't cited a single Bible verse. What are you even fucking saying?
Speaker 4: Did you hear the barb where he said damn, look at that baby boom boom.
Speaker 5: That's my favorite gospel.
Speaker 4: But the bro gospel that was pretty Yeah, the Book of Boom Yeah, yeah, yeah, boom, look at that baby boom boom.
Speaker 1: Let's try this costco cookie boom? This is good? How many booms we given this? Boom?
Speaker 3: It's like I'm gonna make that video. The video felt like it actually felt like an investment.
Speaker 1: Well, his output, the output is prolific, So I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think this guy's got a lot of other things going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this guy makes forty million dollars a year, but he does he.
Speaker 5: Does make forty million dollars year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a new type of influencer that I'm just becoming acquainted with. After that one Mormon influencer who was at the Charlie Kirk assassination and like went live and was like yo, was like follow subscribe, like as he's dying behind him, like really wild hit like that. The you know, faith based religious influencers are are real, They are here, and they are bad at calling their shot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you think one's gonna go live while being raptured? Do you think I would get a live stream from as they go? Oh my god?
Speaker 4: I mean he did present a pretty good, fun, dynamic option, right because it was both Obi wan Kenobi clothes and then also Scott Soul's shooting.
Speaker 1: Into the rockets. Yeah, I do, I.
Speaker 4: Do prefer I think I do think Charlie and the Chocolate Factory slowly floating upward and like realized being like whoa, whoa, you.
Speaker 5: Know, and like, hey, guys, coming to you live from the clouds.
Speaker 4: Right now, coming live from like twenty feet up. It's just like slowly lifting up so everybody.
Speaker 5: It takes like a wicked long time.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, like fucking three hours.
Speaker 4: Any idea how freezing it isn't all gone to damn.
Speaker 2: We could just see so many people naked though. That's like the benefit of staying.
Speaker 9: A little pervert going it's too late.
Speaker 1: I've already seen everything. I've already seen it all, all right.
Speaker 4: We did just want to talk about an exciting new development and capitalism, which is dynamic pricing. We've talked about it before. It seems like corporations keep trying to do this where they're like, you know how everybody loves surge pricing from what if that was everything everywhere, all at once.
Speaker 1: Or what was the optimistic version of this was like if it's slow, then we'll lower prices to aroduce more spending. And if it's and if it's too many people, then we're gonna have to crank it up a little bit to help slow things down. Like it was always meant to be like this, this helps optimize operations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just further optimization, and that is why capitalism works so perfectly.
Speaker 5: Everything's going optimized.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Love to live in total recall. It's so awesome and.
Speaker 1: Instead the rest Yet yeah yet, I'm still drinking La tapwater though any day.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: As with every innovation in late stage capitalism, it turns out dynamic pricing, which like I don't know, I guess, like part of me was like, Okay, they'll raise prices on like rich people who can afford it, and you know, lower prices on before.
Speaker 5: Wow, you really thought that was going to happen that's so adorable.
Speaker 4: And instead it is frequently used to take advantage of people with less money and therefore fewer options. Basically, this study found that so it says when consumers can easily find better deals elsewhere, they hold the power. However, AI tools are allowing sellers to become increasingly adept at uncovering how much flexibility their consumers have. This practice raises serious ethical concerns. Dynamic pricing allows companies to take advantage of customers who can't easily go elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Dollar stores have.
Speaker 4: Been doing this for a long time. Wow, So serving low income communities. The way dollar stores do it is they just what once people start going there, they just lower the quality lower and lower and lower.
Speaker 5: We are probably bunths away from it being legal to shoot poor people. So sure, this really does not surprise.
Speaker 1: Me a weird way depending on who don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they're tracking everything right, So like we're like they know, I've looked at this pair of pants like fifteen times, and they're like this bitch loves these pants, and so they'res gonna be like, I'm gonna up every time they have a pair of pants like that. They're gonna up the price if I'm looking like it totally makes sense because they're tracking what we're buying or they the they, but someone is tracking what we're buying in the websites.
Speaker 1: We're going on, well, it's an algorithm. It's probably like identifying a certain group of users.
Speaker 3: And they absolutely have you looked at anyone else's like Instagram feed it is it feels so foreign because for mine, it's like, oh, we know she loves lotions and like and really lazy clothes, so like that's like that's all mine is. When I look at someone else's, I'm like, oh, like, you don't get a million lotion ads vegetables, y, yeah, a lot of food.
Speaker 1: Would be lazy clothes. You're talking about like some form.
Speaker 5: Of on your body.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: You would probably be okay because it seems like you might be a comparison shopper, like is like looks at different options. Whereas what they're taking advantages of people who just either like buy something quickly or like have to take the bus to shopping and need something desperately.
Speaker 5: To feed your children today.
Speaker 1: Well, give consumer a flexible consumer. We're just testing their flexibility. Okay.
Speaker 4: Just generally, it feels like as technology that I mean this study which was from a outlet that is associated with the University of Alberta, which like that's or maybe Calgary, which it's like you need to look outside of the United States to find people who are not being funded by libertarian organizations or like corporate organizations. But they said, as technology improves, the gap between high and low income consumers grows wider. And that just seems to be broadly the takeaway from this and everything that we've been seeing in the PASM.
Speaker 7: Yeah ten years.
Speaker 4: Our findings show that companies that take advantage of consumer inflexibility are likely to prosper, often at the expense of those with the least paradisues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh we knew that already, big yah. Yeah, but their pieces as shit, you should say.
Speaker 5: There's a new book out that I really really like by one of my favorite authors, a new new Me by Helen Oemi, And part of the book is about that, about how because of algorithms, we all literally live on our own universes. We've shown different things, we pay different prices, we buy different things based off of our own specific algorithms, and it's fucking scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we were we just had uh you know, the etymology nerd on and like he was talking like in a previous talk that he did, was just talking about how the algorithms where people believe they have an identity, they don't realize that they've been sorted algorithmically into an identity where it's like, oh, yeah me, I'm like I like basketball, hip hop kind of thing, and they're like they've created like a sub a sub like subtab for your exact interests that where you thinking like, yeah, this is what I'm into. It's like, well, no, they're all nudging you towards all these things to just make it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you'll buy stuff.
Speaker 4: Your a psychological profile created by marketing people.
Speaker 1: No, I like Wu tang ye. I mean I like before the algorithms.
Speaker 2: See, that's why you gotta we read really weird books.
Speaker 5: You got to keep up guessing. You gotta you gotta, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta weave around. You gotta make sure that they don't they don't know what to sell you, right.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Like I thought this guy was a straight like sports lover, and now he's really into animals.
Speaker 5: You've gotta never let them know your next move exactly.
Speaker 4: I mean, the fact that you guys have a successful book podcast does give me hope. It's like, you know, there are people.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 4: It's like we're out here, we talk about the Democratic Party and like how they've reacted to Xoran's success, and just you know, there are there is a hunger for these things that just aren't officially allowed to exist. It's just yeah, there is this massive scaffolding of like all of these assumptions built in that are going to extract maximum profitability. And so that's all we can find in our you know, capitalism approved information distribution methods or of these like algorithms.
Speaker 5: So they're beating us down though right now. There the study just got released that it's only sixteen percent of Americans are reading for pleasure. Yeah, at any given day, which is down pretty far. It's because everyone's so fucking stressed out. Everyone's stressed out, everyone's like overworked. They don't have time to read because they're working three jobs to afford their dynamic priced groceries. Yeah, so less and less people are reading. So if you want to, you want to do a little active resistance, pick up a book.
Speaker 1: It is wild to even think because like even you know, like the times I am able to read for my own like leisure pleasure. It it's like feels wild that I'm like I'm sitting down in quiet and I'm holding a book versus like why are not doing something? Do I have the time?
Speaker 5: Are you making money?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or whatever like that. All that shit seeps in, and yet it's so true how much that can really like affect things, But it wasn't. The one thing is like there wasn't as big of a drop with like women who read I think we're pleasure.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, a podcast now, yeah, it's oti for their grind set.
Speaker 1: Okay, they don't have time to read. My grind set in that my life will come to a grinding to a halt as I do alone.
Speaker 5: And women are out here reading about fairy dicks.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah exactly. It's like the Avengers, like every they all we all have to come together, you know what I mean that the loun animal frosting people and the fucking bros potentially unite.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about something that people are consuming too much of, I would say, And that's mister beast we'll be right.
Speaker 7: Back and we're back.
Speaker 4: We're back, And mister Beast I do want like mister Beast could be the name of some manner of like protagonist in a fantasy novel.
Speaker 5: I would read that.
Speaker 1: I will say yeah, or it's like the it's like the hot Antichrist. It's like, oh, it's mister, it's.
Speaker 4: Just what beast from beauty and the beast like demand yes.
Speaker 2: In the bedrooms.
Speaker 5: They do love weird nicknames and smart books. So that's that kind of checks out.
Speaker 1: Oh, like the lover like that. The lovers like call me John.
Speaker 2: They always give.
Speaker 3: The women little like names, like little sparrow or like like very little deer, little usually a little helpless animal.
Speaker 1: I get, I get the desire for it. I can't a man just have a fucking towel, and like that's written into the books. Is that another thing people are seeking is to have to be called a little sparrow?
Speaker 5: I actually don't know, because it is. It is very I don't like it, gro grocery. If a man called me a little deer, I'd break his fucking jaw. But it's just like a narrative thing. To break it up a little bit, to kind.
Speaker 2: Of like the biliarity thing.
Speaker 3: I think it's like, like I, I'm so familiar with you and know you so well that I have a nickname that no one else has.
Speaker 2: I think it's like there's there's so much like a bout. Yeah, yes, I think there's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of I think maybe a lot of people aren't getting intimacy in their primary relationships. You're fine, they're finding it in these relationships in the books.
Speaker 4: I don't know why they're not getting intimacy. Men are in such a good place right, attractive. I mean, they're busy training for like how to talk to people and be a cool person. By watching mister Beast, do you feel like is in sort of a dom sub relationship with the world. He's like tying people up and like putting them in dangerous situations and being like, I might give you money if you don't die.
Speaker 5: He definitely is getting something out of this. Oh yeah, yeah, mister Beast read Fifty Shades of Gray and was like, what if I do this to the world.
Speaker 4: Anyways, He's gotten a lot of shit for his fun new game Trapping a Man inside a goddamn burning building.
Speaker 5: I love that one. I played that so much when I.
Speaker 7: Was a kid.
Speaker 1: It's a hey, that's not funny, man. I know a guy in DC he had a really rough goal with fire, right, you know than he you know, my infant nearly died in a drug fire after mass shootings. Okay, sorry, I'm obstigated to play that bands from our favorite influencer, Bennie Johnson, who uh magnet something called drug drug fires after mass shootings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but mister Beasts began his YouTube career with like doing kind of fake charity where he's like, I'll just like come up and straight up give you money, dog you want this? Yeah, and then slowly like turned himself into something between yeah, something between like the bad guys in Squid Game and Jigsaw. So he defended himself claiming that there was ventilation for the smoke and to kill switch to cut off the fires.
Speaker 5: Because that's what a fire really needs, is more ventilation.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: His other quote, I take safety more serious than you could ever imagine.
Speaker 1: Has anyone read anything about the making of the Beast game show on Amazon, Because it didn't sound like it sound like safety wasn't even like safe like tertiary concern.
Speaker 5: Didn't they like prevent a person a diabetic person from like getting her meds.
Speaker 1: There was a thing. There were a ton of things like that, also, like being exposed to like the cold and like like I don't know, just sleep it off man.
Speaker 4: And again the name of the video would you risk dying for five hundred thousand dollars? So that YouTube kind of has something like built into it.
Speaker 5: Again, this is this is it's like the Running Man.
Speaker 4: Right yeah, yeah, yeah, but like less entertaining, I would say, but this is like you talk to kids and like mister Beast is the most famous person that they can conceive of. Yeah, he's like the president of people under the age of twelve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he is no, he is like his eyes are so scary to me, right, they're dead no emotion.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, because he's just he's reached the end of like what you can do on YouTube. So it's like he's just killing people very soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he just has to do something like that. I mean, this does seem like the next step, right.
Speaker 1: I remember reading like defenses too, because like I think the guy was a stuntman, like a stunt performer who is into a last name of the Cincinnati stump exact. Actually a stuntments. But I remember like some people like it's fine guys like a professional like get out of fire for money person.
Speaker 2: That's a firefighter, and the suits.
Speaker 3: Yeah that stuntmen are like they're trained, but they get hurt on their jobs, like that is part of it.
Speaker 2: I mean, they don't get hurt.
Speaker 3: And often, like with fire stuff, it's very specific on what they're doing and like how much time they're allowed to be like in the fire. Like all this stuff is really like regulated within the industry.
Speaker 2: So and it just it doesn't sound like you.
Speaker 4: Can't you can't even imagine how seriously he can't You can't even imagine, like it's a your your brain is trying to think of it as somebody who's familiar with like the the actual film industry that's highly regulated as opposed to this bullshit, and like you can't even like possibly conceive of like how seriously he takes it.
Speaker 3: I feel right next he's just gonna pile of money and he's like, go get the money, Go get.
Speaker 1: The money you can get before it all burns burns.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how long do we all think it's going to be before he actually kills somebody? Is it a matter of months? Is it a matter of years? Like how closer we to this?
Speaker 4: It's really a race between the NDA's and like how rich he's gotten, you know, to like to get out of any problems.
Speaker 1: The way this video starts, dude, he's got there's a guy tied up with a fire burning behind him. Yeah, they could just leave this whole thing where he's like, hey man, right here with him, one person who's going to die for like maybe half a million, are you guys ready.
Speaker 5: Like fifty three million or fifty four million people watch this?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is the pile of money behind him? I was kidding there, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, go look back, you're praying me. This is gonna be crazy. Old man is literally in a burning building. Oh shut the fuck up. Also, you know what, I realized, this isn't a real fire, like it's under control because it's all gas. It's like it's all gas. It's like I don't think he's actually burning a structure down. It's like there's flames around you.
Speaker 4: You need to get in the YouTube comments prompt my.
Speaker 1: Yeah fast, this isn't even an existential participant faced not even real fire, not even a real fire anyways.
Speaker 4: The problem people have isn't uh that they're a safety precautions that's or that the fire isn't real. Obviously those things would be legally necessary. I think it's the whole premise of a rich guy humiliating non rich people by subjecting them to life threatening ordeals which they go along with in the hopes of attaining financial security. That feels like it's like, that feels like cartoonishly evil. Yeah, it's like sort of a thing that if you made it up ten years ago, everyone would be like, yeah, I don't think so, Like that's a little bit over the top.
Speaker 5: One hundred years ago, mister Beasts would have been like, hey, guys, I got this woman here tied to these train tracks. Let's see if you can get out.
Speaker 2: Like it's just it is.
Speaker 5: It is over the top, like laughably cartoonishly evil.
Speaker 1: I think actually one hundred years ago hit being like, Hi, welcome to the Triangle Shirt Waist Factory. I'm mister Beast. I run this facility.
Speaker 5: How many girls could get out?
Speaker 1: You have no options at all except to work for me in these dire conditions. And I hate that fucking Upton Sinclair. But that's what I think that's probably where.
Speaker 2: He's at that question. Did that guy get the money here?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're gonna have to watch I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to watch it.
Speaker 1: It's pretty frantic because what happens is it's not really a burning like that room just gets enveloped in flames, and then once he gets out of his uh like fucking rope that he's tied with, he has to run back in to just like grab as many bags as possible.
Speaker 5: So it's like of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look he gets the bags off. I don't know, they just launched him out of a fucking canon this other thing. So now he's got it off, and I was like, all right, get the fuck out of here with the money. I need to live a life. Oh my god, Like, sorry, man, you didn't get it all.
Speaker 4: So he has to go in and get more money.
Speaker 2: The money is burning.
Speaker 7: No, why would you say that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the visuals are very very I mean, like again, I don't think. I don't think old Jimmy aka mister Beasts is still tethered to the earth like the rest of us are.
Speaker 5: Well, they did a study, right, there's a once you reach a certain level of wealth, you actually like they like scientifically proven, you start to lose empathy in your brain because you don't need it anymore. Run that study.
Speaker 2: You can just look at him.
Speaker 4: I know it's truly like, that's the least necessary I'm glad science figure that out. I feel like the least necessary study of them. I just look around anecdotally, just look at these people who are like normal normal. No oh, what the just happened? Oh they reached the plateau where they got two hundred million subscribers. Yeah that rates.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyways, maybe maybe we'll all be raptured up, or maybe Jimmy'll be raptured up.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe the poor will be raptured up.
Speaker 5: Dude, I hope that guy doesn't get raptured up, because if he did, went through all that to get that money and then he gets sucked up into heaven, I'd.
Speaker 7: Be so sorry.
Speaker 1: Can't take it with you, mister beast is there. It stays with me here in tell.
Speaker 4: Well, Mallory, Ria is such a pleasure having you both on the daily zeitgeist? Where can people find you? Follow you all that.
Speaker 5: Good stuff reading on everywhere? You get podcasts? I'm not currently online, Uh, but Bria, people can find you.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately you don't have to go listen to our podcast Reading Smut, Reading Glasses. They're both on the Maximum but network. You can find me an Instagram, Instagram occasionally bread Grant nice.
Speaker 4: Is there a We usually ask people if there's a work of media that they've been enjoying. I would love to hear if there's a book recommendation from the past year that you would recommend that does or doesn't involve fucking a balloon, animal wear wolf.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you want smut specific No, it doesn't need to be smut.
Speaker 4: Actually I would love it if it wasn't, but because I want I have my feel of that stuff.
Speaker 5: Thanks Briah, it's one of your favorite books of the year.
Speaker 3: I can give you a like a smut adjacent book, which is a book called sky Daddy by Kate Folk. She put out a good book of short stories a couple years ago that I really loved, and then she wrote this books called sky Daddy, and is a woman who's obsessed with plane crashes and being on a plane when it crashes, and it is sort of sexually obsessed with that. So she constantly uses her money to go get on a plane hoping in.
Speaker 2: The hopes that will crash.
Speaker 3: It is obviously a strange book, but for me, it was one of the most interesting characters that I've read in the past few years. Like just a fascinating woman who knows this one thing she really wants. It obviously makes her a little bit of an outcast in her community of friends, the few friends she has as they discover this about her.
Speaker 2: But fantastic book, wonderfully written.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for something sort of strange, but it's like a a literary fiction book, can definitely recommend.
Speaker 1: Wow, So is it kind of like Cronenberg's Crash, Yeah in that way or not, not that it's a wonder one, but I'm just saying like that's sort of like there's an intrigue to this sort of being in a precarrier situation.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Exactly, Yeah, Yeah, Mallori.
Speaker 5: I have quite a few. But because it's October first and it's spooky season, I'm going to recommend a book that you are reading. Bria and I have already read. We're gonna have the author on our show. We're really excited about it. It's Fiend by Alma Katsu. The pitch is wicked quick, it's just succession, but with a demon. It is about a very rich family in New York City speaking of lacking empathy, who they control this vast empire of businesses, and turns out that the thing that is fueling all of that success is a demon that the head of the family controls, who makes bad things happen to people who cross them. It's wicked, quick read. It's not super It's very spooky, but it's not scary, like there's no like jump scares or anything. It's really really fun. It's really well written. It's a quick read. Could not recommend it more for October.
Speaker 7: Hell, what's it called again?
Speaker 1: Fiende Fien Fien.
Speaker 4: Also a great Playboy Cardi song Miles I'll Find You as their working media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, find me everywhere at Miles of Gray. Uh, if you want to hear me talk about ninety day Fiance, I do that over at four to twenty day Fiance, I'll work. I like it's from at Stone Kettle dot Besky dot Social just posted Pete Hegseth is basically a meat cyber truck and I'm like, yeah, that that's actually that is meat cyber truck. Is probably the best description I've heard. So yeah, good, good one, good one.
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter at jack Underscore, Brian on Blue Sky at jacko Bee the number one I got no media for you. Go read Sky Daddy and Fiend. I think those are those are good ideas. I'll try and come up with a book.
Speaker 5: You can eat a pile of potatoes mixed with uh pep peppers and onions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so just try try this stuff. I'm telling you guys, my underrated salt. There's this other like black stuff, I forget the name of it, that you sometimes put with it.
Speaker 1: They like, but the salts the main Yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Don't want to write with the If you're drinking all that water, you gotta have.
Speaker 1: You gotta have some sott.
Speaker 4: You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. You can go to this episode wherever you're listening to it, and there at the bottom you will find the footnote, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think that people might.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've been doing a lot of electronic music, so I want to get back to like people playing instruments, and why not do it?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: Got miles just took out as acoustic guitar. Got on my accordion. Guys, I'm learning bagpipes. Just give me a little bit to get these things formed up.
Speaker 1: But this bad, bad, not good track. It's called Your Soul and Mine. It's from the album that came out last year called Mid Spiral. Thanks, what's we're r at?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Are we mid Spiral right now?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 1: Spiral is pretty mid Yeah, let me as you throw that pigskin again. Yeah it's mid Yeah. Anyway, your Soul mind bad, bad, not good? Great band? Check it out all right?
Speaker 4: We will link off to that in the footnote foot on Daily es Eye Guys are the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning. But we're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we'll talk to you all then Bye bye.
Speaker 2: The Daily Zeite Guys is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by Bee Wang.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J m mcnapp, edited and engineered by Justin Conner.