Speaker 1: There you are, Wilder. Wow, you really do look good out there. Look, Sonny, he didn't even lose any mayors in the transition. You really are a stud, Wilder. Any pointers for me with our new mayor buddy. She's sweet but doesn't trust us much yet. She had trouble fitting in in the wild, and I'm not sure why. I know horses can sense things, so I just hope there isn't anything seriously wrong with her. I really want our horse Rescue to be a place for any lost horse. I want to help them all find their way to where they belong, you know, like you did, Wilder. Even though it took me long enough to figure it out, I can see you're happy and just where you're supposed to be.
Speaker 2: How'd you get it to go that fast, Bailey? I feel this horse only has one speed, no matter what I do to get him to go. His canter's as slow as his walk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Soldier used to be a Western pleasure horse. Dad got him from Mom when they found out she was pregnant with.
Speaker 2: Me, so he's supposed to be slow, man, I thought, with your dad breathing rodeo horses, so no, it'd be a fun one to ride.
Speaker 1: Oh there are some fun ones, all right, but they're at Dad's stockbarn. We haven't had one like that around here since Connor quit the rodeo.
Speaker 2: Oh that's too bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a weird time. I think it was part of Dad's protest to Connor taking off for something.
Speaker 2: Eh, emotional expression for men is different.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: A direct quote from my psych teacher. Uh huh, seriously, but it's pretty true, Like how my dad keeps asking me if I'm still going to the ranch.
Speaker 1: Oh, but I thought he was okay with you working for us.
Speaker 2: He is, and they really respects your dad's company. He is the accountant after all, so he knows how successful it's been.
Speaker 1: But our horse rescue doesn't quite live up to his standard.
Speaker 2: Huh, not yet, snow, But I hope he comes around. It doesn't always have to be about the money.
Speaker 1: Uh. I do plan to make this a successful business too.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm going to train horses to sell, or at least adopt out for a fee. And when I get Wilder dreams up and running, we'll have therapy sessions and camps and.
Speaker 2: I know, I know it'll be great. Equine assisted therapy is a profitable field. I'm just saying that there are other rewards.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I know. I think I'm just getting a little anxious about working with the new mayor and something my dad said about an auditor that's coming at the end of the summer.
Speaker 2: Oh really an auditor.
Speaker 1: Yes, my dad had that same tone. He said, the auditor will decide if we can keep our grant funding. But it should be fine, right, like this is just normal business paper work stuff.
Speaker 2: Well not exactly. My Dad's done plenty of out iss that have failed over pretty simple record keeping.
Speaker 1: Mistakes, failed just because of some mistakes. Mm hmm, Well we better get back. We still need to feed the horses. And Zola's been waiting to tell me something.
Speaker 2: She should just ride out with us next time.
Speaker 1: You tried telling her that I can't get her to even try riding.
Speaker 2: My wild Well, I want to fast her horse next time.
Speaker 4: Hey wait up, thanks, Matto. You can put that box down on my desk.
Speaker 3: How many buckles and trophies do you have in here?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: These are just the good ones. And wait till I get out my saddles.
Speaker 3: You're settling in, aren't you.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it'll be nice to be in one place for a change. I don't expect to be here all the time, but I'll be working with the trainers and the staff, meeting with buyers. So I want to have a respectable office.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: My office has always been in a barn, even when I was on the county Board of Commissioners.
Speaker 5: Hey, this is a barn.
Speaker 3: This place is the size of an airport and better equipped than most veterinary hospitals. This is not what i'd call a barn.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I can do this later. Follow me out there for a minute. I want you to meet the head trainer. His name's Evan Steele. He's got the training program down to his science. Said he'd loan out one of his interns if we need help train in any of the rescue horses when the time comes.
Speaker 3: Anyway, are those kids with them the interns? Yeah, don't look much older than Bailey. Sure, she's good with that.
Speaker 5: We'll talk it over when the time comes.
Speaker 4: For now, he's just gonna sign off on the paperwork to retire some older rodeo horses that haven't been performing well. Gotta have horses in our horse sanctuary. If we want to pass the audit, don't we yep.
Speaker 3: And the permits we're supposed to take care of today. So let's get on with this and get out of this colosseum.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, hey Heaven, come on, Chris, I've got scraps for you too.
Speaker 1: There you go. Okay, now, why don't you come eat scraps?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Leah, what's going on in there? Are you still laying an egg? Come on, Chicky, let me see. Can I get those eggs out from under ya? Hey, don't pick it. I just need to grab those eggs. Fine, fine, I'll leave you alone.
Speaker 2: You were right, Bailey, she was in the group.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's Zoe's favorite farm activity, Bailey, Alejandro, finally, didn't you get my text? Bailey? Well, I kind of saw the part that pops up on the screen. Sorry, I'm still not used to carrying a phone around. What's wrong? Nothing's wrong?
Speaker 2: Wrong question, Bailey? With Zoe, the question is always what's good?
Speaker 1: You know me so well, Alejandro, because seriously, I'm so excited to tell you my idea I can hardly wait. Okay, okay, tell us that for our summer break we should all do a fun farm activities bucket list.
Speaker 2: Well, when you put it that way, who can resist?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Zoe. We have a lot of work to do this summer. We can fit in fun. You've gotta have fun too, Bailey, like the things you did with your brother, four wheelers over the creek, bonfires, the rope swing. It's been a while since we've had much fun around here. But we have to get the horse Sanctuary up and running. We have to pass the audit, and I want to start working on Wilder Dreams. Alejandro and I are excellent employees, and I'll even help you get ready for your horse therapy stuff too. You know, actually, I think I have an idea. I can practice on you what you want to practice what on me. I want one of our therapies to be on horseback, teaching people to ride. Wait, no, no, no, no, no, no, come on, Zoe, it's perfect. Riding horses is like the number one fun farm activity. You can add it to your list and I can help you overcome your fear, just like I hope to do with clients when Wilder Dreams is up and running.
Speaker 2: Uh, it really would be perfect, Zoe. It's fun once you get the hang of it, and it does build confidence.
Speaker 1: I'll do your bucket list. Okay, I'll try at least, but you've got a promise to do the list. I'll try. First, we need to finish up chores before the new horse gets here. I'm done with the chickens already, but I need you to come into the barn. I think I heard a noise. There were always noises in the barn. This was a weird noise, kind of eerie. Come on like a.
Speaker 2: E ooh something, spooky. Baby, he's calling those stories at your bucket list.
Speaker 7: Hush, rocky, relax, it's just a tark from my Greenhouse's goodness, Sorry, dad, what'd you say?
Speaker 8: He's bringing them now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's already got them trailered up and in your way.
Speaker 8: Wow. It sure doesn't procrastinate.
Speaker 3: You know, Blake always taking the bull by the horns figuratively and literally. I guess.
Speaker 7: You think i'd be used to it by now. So two more geldings retired Bronx. That should be interesting. Well, I guess I can finish taking off my garden tents later.
Speaker 8: What do I need to do to get ready?
Speaker 3: Just tell Bailey to have the round pen ready for him. They can go in there and together until we can get a fence down the middle of the gelding pasture.
Speaker 8: What about the mayor, she's in the round pen.
Speaker 3: Now, Blake said she'd most likely be fine with the other mayor since she's used to keep in her distance from other horses. There's plenty of room in their pasture.
Speaker 7: All right, I'll tell Bailey and add another haynat in the round pen and turn arount.
Speaker 3: Blake also said something about a form.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, we made up an intake form to keep an accurate record of the horses that come in the air conditioned when they get here, where they're from, and ownership transfer stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yep, that he want you to print off two more for Bailey.
Speaker 8: Okay, wait, how are you getting home?
Speaker 2: Dad?
Speaker 3: We ran into Miranda Forest in town. She's driving me home now. She's going to do an exam on the mayor and then the geldings when they get there. We're almost home.
Speaker 7: Oh well, that's nice of her. Ask her if she wants to stay for dinner.
Speaker 3: Way ahead of you, see you soon.
Speaker 1: Look here come the new gelding, Zoe. Is your dad back yet?
Speaker 2: Not yet?
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's right behind them, But I've got this Yeah, definitely. Wait. Shoot, I forgot the intake forms mom gave me. Oh no, it's really important. Don't worry. Just make a note on your phone. You can copy the info onto the form later. Uh where here, let me show you it's this app.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Thanks. I guess this new phone will come in handy after all. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: Howdy is Blake Cooper around?
Speaker 4: I got a couple geldings here for him.
Speaker 1: He's not here just yet, but I'm his partner. I can take him all right?
Speaker 5: You ready to unload?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yes, we should go ahead and get them off the trailer. I'm sure they're not happy to be confined.
Speaker 2: Nah, they're used to trailering.
Speaker 8: They don't care.
Speaker 1: Oh right, of course, your questions, Bailey, remember? Oh yes, I just need to ask a few questions for our records.
Speaker 5: Okay, shoot, do you have.
Speaker 1: Any paperwork or vet history with you?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 4: Got the Coggins right here, and Vac's records too.
Speaker 1: Negative Coggins test up to date. Yeah, here you go, I'll hold those. Oh sorry, thanks?
Speaker 2: Anything else?
Speaker 1: Any sign of illness or lameness?
Speaker 5: Nope?
Speaker 4: None, I can tell.
Speaker 1: Right, and doctor Forrest will check them out. She's already here looking at the new mayor. We just got in. Well, that's all I got for you.
Speaker 5: I just move them.
Speaker 1: Here comes your dad, Dailey. Uh yeah, I know, Zoe.
Speaker 5: Hey there, I'm Blake Cooper.
Speaker 2: Howdy.
Speaker 8: I'm just about to offload your geldings here.
Speaker 5: Wonderful, thank you.
Speaker 4: If you don't mind, could you sign this deposit receipt first?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sareing? Bailey?
Speaker 4: Can you find Alejandro to help with these horses? Here you go, and I need to just get a little information.
Speaker 1: I got it? Did I already took down all the information?
Speaker 5: Oh? Is that right?
Speaker 1: And I really want need to be here right? I am the coo.
Speaker 5: You know, yes, of course.
Speaker 1: Can't you call Alejandro or something?
Speaker 4: Great idea? Just give Alejandro a call? You got your new cell phone there, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: I don't mind, mister Cooper Bailey, I can just text him.
Speaker 5: Alrighty, let's get these boys off the trailer. Where are you putting them? They're going in the roundpin there?
Speaker 1: Well, hold on a minute, Blake Bailey, what is it? I think your mayor is going to need to stand that round pen for the time being. Oh no, what's wrong?
Speaker 5: Did you find something in your exam? She sure did.
Speaker 3: Just wait till you here with this little mayor's been hiding.
Speaker 2: Hey, everyone, did I miss anything? Why is the new mare sedated?
Speaker 1: I suspected something was up when I looked at her, so I gave her an exam, and well, this mayor is in full Oh my goodness, no way. Well look at that in full like a baby horse. I should have guessed it. She's pregnant. Is that what gave you trouble finding a new herd?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 2: Poor girl, two for the price of one. Huh, that's good business, right.
Speaker 5: I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: Bowling has its own trouble, but either way, I guess it's our first little bump of the road.
Speaker 1: Ow Bailey, Dad, I think that's a big bump actually,