Speaker 1: Get your hands together and we're going to start to party and start party. I'm ready to party the Elvis Duran after Party.
Speaker 2: It's the After Party Podcast. Hi, guys, got a text from Cheyenne, and uh, I want I want to see how she's doing. Let's do a health a healthcare check, well a wellness check on Cheyenne. How are you doing, Cheyenne.
Speaker 3: I a great thank you.
Speaker 2: Which it's an honor speak to you. Okay, you're considering. So her text simply said, I just got let go. I was fired from my job.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: But wait. She also goes on to say that the job she got fired from was not really high on her passion list. She was like, okay, so now she's ready to pivot, ready to roll into some other new adventure, right, so talk about Cheyenne.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, I've actually been a legal assistant for like six years, and I enjoyed it as much as you could, I guess. But I've always wanted to be a nurse and work in a hospital setting, and I feel like this really just made me realize that I should take a chance and go back to school and try to hit that goal.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love that.
Speaker 2: I Yeah, you know what, A lot of people listening to this right now, including maybe people in this room, are thinking, Wow, to have a chance to go pursue something else, something that you're passionate about. In a way, you're forced to do that, So here you go. I think that's awesome.
Speaker 4: I feel like there was someone that that happened to here years ago who worked here. I'm not going to say names, and they were trying to think about what they should do next, and then they wound up getting let go. And honestly, they still tell me to this day, was this kickstart that they needed, that swift kick in the pants to get them to the next level of where they truly needed to be and now they are thriving. Actually we know two people like that, yep, two people from you know that made this decision. So I think it's great things ahead.
Speaker 2: Wow, scary scary nursing, you should consider that. Yeah. So the sting of being fired, though, is there You're like, okay, you know, great, let it let it sting, Let it hurt for a second, and then just get out there. Use that as your propulsion to to roll into being a nurse or getting into the hospital scene. Well, yeah, gandhi, what do you think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Was getting fired a complete surprise? Did you kind of feel like it was coming? And do you feel like it was justified?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I had a talk with my manager a couple of weeks ago, and I was completely blindsided. And I just feel like this last couple of weeks they were really trying to find an excuse to get me out, and I do feel like it was not justified. They didn't give me any proof when they fired me. It was just yesterday that this happened, and I let them know. I didn't think it was the right decision and I was not okay with it, so I didn't agree to sign anything or anything like that. They were, yeah, they were voicing that they really liked me as a person, but it was a business decision, and I was just like, okay, well try to keep my head up and just leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, you know what, now you just focus on you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: When would they ever say, you know, we don't like you as a person, right right, job, so please please don't leave it, leave us. We want you here.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine I think they can get sued for that, couldn't they?
Speaker 1: I know that entire entertainment industry.
Speaker 2: Sued for keeping you.
Speaker 1: No, not for keeping you, but like, yeah, I don't really like you too much.
Speaker 2: Why what's illegal about that? That's okay, Well I don't like you either, idiot, but yeah, okay, So the opportunity to be forced to reset this is it. You should be so happy. It's scary, you know what. You should be so happy that this is going on. I know it's it's it's easy for me to say I got a job and they don't like me.
Speaker 4: Some people can do this really well and just take the bull by the horns and be like, I'm good, I got this, now's my time. And then there are other people who will just wallow in the self pity and then say, oh, well is me forever and not get up. So I think you need to go to the other side and make sure you just get up and keep on going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with one hundred percent. I did have moments where I was crying, of course, because we just bought a house. Me and my husband just bought a house six months ago. We've been having issues since it's an old house, so it's just been stressful. But I'm ready for a change.
Speaker 2: Good good. Can you deserve one?
Speaker 1: There's a part of me that's like mildly jealous, not of getting fired. Please don't get any idea historian.
Speaker 2: No, we don't like you, but you're doing a great job.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 1: But I think about how cool it would be to go back to school as an adult when I don't have to, just to be able to learn something that I want to learn on my own terms and doing it completely differently than I did before, because now I want to learn something. So I think that that's gonna be awesome for you if you decide to do it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I am so excited. I was actually already registered in every thing for this fall, so I'm just going to start full time for you.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, how many people are listening to this right now wishing they were in your situation?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly, you know that's great.
Speaker 3: Are too scared to take that chance or anything?
Speaker 2: And also when you get fired sometimes it ignites self doubt, you know, wouldn't me? The people who fire me were all scumbags. Yeah, they fired me for all the wrong reasons. Fine look at me now, bitches, But yeah, don't let that, don't let that self doubt creep in. I don't think you're I don't think you're about to do that because you know for a fact that they made a mistake in letting you go. But wow, what a great mistake they made for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I just want to let you guys know that listening to you guys for years and hearing everyone's stories, it helps me feel like I really can do it. And yeah, I just you guys are an inspiration.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll get out there and make yourself proud. And it's it's an honor to have you listening to us. Thank you, Cheyenne. All the best to you. And you know what, when you remember, when you find yourself getting some traction and whatever it is you're doing, send us a text say hey, guys, cheyenne, so let you know things are looking good for me. I know, I know we're going to get that text very soon.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you guys so much. It was great talking to you.
Speaker 4: Good luck, good luck.
Speaker 2: In a round of pause, you got it all right. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Have a great time.
Speaker 2: Get out there and kick after party,