Speaker 1: Second date update. As a guy, the hardest thing about online dating is figuring out how to capture a beautiful woman's attention right off the bat. Yeah, because when you're one of fifty thousand thirsty dudes sliding into her dams, how are you supposed to stand out? Nothing really works?
Speaker 2: Must be hard for you, guys.
Speaker 1: One person in this room might think sending her an upside down eggplant might do the trick. And even though that may sound prude and inappropriate, it also isn't far off. Instead of showing her an eggplant, why not call her one instead? Ay, that's not sexy at all. That's what one of our listeners, Sean, would recommend doing. Let's talk to him. Sean. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, how you doing.
Speaker 2: Did you tell a woman she reminds you of an egg plant?
Speaker 3: Not an egg plant? But I like to use kind of like fruit nicknames. It gets their attention a little bit, like little blueberry or mango mama.
Speaker 1: I wish I was a mango mom. You plump little watermelon over there. He's come quiet, look at you.
Speaker 4: I'm having a hard time thinking before accomplished, to think of what I want to be called.
Speaker 1: Sherry pie. There's a strategy that works well for you, Sean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it kind of lets them remember you. You know, it's like, uh, it's out. Yeah, it kind of just makes you stand out a little bit, you know. It's uh, it's it's cute, cute.
Speaker 2: Like beautie oranges. Right, Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: Right, Book's on board now.
Speaker 2: So I worked for you, so you know, good job.
Speaker 1: Who was the woman that it worked on.
Speaker 3: Yeah? I met this girl named Hannah.
Speaker 2: I don't care about her real name. What'd you call her?
Speaker 3: I mean, obvious name would be Hannah Banana, but I like, I figured many people have called her that in her life. Yeah, is that one with hate pineapple?
Speaker 4: Pineapple and not a real catchy nickname?
Speaker 1: Not the sexiest for you think? Did she see all of that as a compliment?
Speaker 3: Not really. We didn't really like a week she did we talk to you? Yeah, so we we matched and once I called her that we didn't. We didn't talk for like a week after.
Speaker 2: So did you apologize? Is that how you recovered?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Actually I kind of went in the opposite direction. I sent her like a cool pineapple fact every day and doubled down on it.
Speaker 1: Here's why you are really a pineapple?
Speaker 2: Actually? What fact got her?
Speaker 3: Well? I think it was a combination of all the facts together that really got her.
Speaker 2: Respond, Just your extensive pineapple knowledge.
Speaker 1: It's like a book of pineapple facts showed your value through pineapple.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, she.
Speaker 3: Said, if you don't call me pineapple anymore, we can talk.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh my gosh, you I mean he must be attractive. Yeah, worked like you said, you recommended this people. I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: You annoyed her into a first case, and not a lot of people can do that. So how did it go different? What did you do?
Speaker 3: So? I laid off the pineapple talk, as she asked, and I switched to calling her Kiwi, which she liked a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Now she's her key.
Speaker 2: You just didn't leave that alone, but.
Speaker 5: I think it.
Speaker 2: Did.
Speaker 3: She Yeah, but you guys don't understand. It was like kind of a joke. It was like, I'm not going to call you pineapple anymore, but I'm going to call you a different person.
Speaker 1: Let's put the fruit basket aside for a second, because we need to talk about Hannah and your actual date with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, we decided to meet up at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Not okay. I know you're gonna say juice bar, and I was like, are in here? Oh god, So how did the restaurant go?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So, I honestly I was walking on eggshells. I was trying hard to do everything right.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah.
Speaker 3: I was opening doors off, pulling out chairs, complimenting her, but you know, also kind of playing it cool. And I think it played I think it went really well. We were talking and spent like an over an hour in the restaurant.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: I mean it's kind of average time, but yeah, yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Good for a pretty bad date.
Speaker 2: And like that's how long code normally takes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, you're making me feel a little self conscious over here.
Speaker 1: I don't mean it that way, sorry, coconut, go back to the story. What happened with the date? It was an hour long?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was an hour long. We both finished eating. I paid like a gentleman. I didn't ask her to do anything, but most.
Speaker 1: Men pay on days. Not really that big of a deal about Okay.
Speaker 4: I want to know, like how you guys connected, Like, you know, I feel like you're going through the list of the timeline, but like about the day.
Speaker 1: He was being an extra gentleman for her, pulling out all the chairs and giving her compliments.
Speaker 3: A complimentary We had a lot of similarities from the past. You know, we've ran in the same circles, same parents.
Speaker 2: Oh god, no, that's something.
Speaker 1: Cool to bond over, same circle Johnson family. Yeah, on circle drive. We're just kidding, man, Like, that's a.
Speaker 2: Big deal that you knew the same people from life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should have met I mean these all sound like really really positive things. How did the night end?
Speaker 3: Yes, I walked into her car, we hugged goodbye at night. I texted her after and told her I had a great time, and that day asked her if she wants to meet up again, and then she responded in big caps, are you joking?
Speaker 2: Oh what?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Maybe she was like, are you joking? And you're like, no, finally I'm being serious.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wrote back, no, Kiwi, are you up for a round two? Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're still And did you get a response to that.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard back at all. Man.
Speaker 4: Honestly, like when she said, are you kidding me? It feels like there's something that you should have understood.
Speaker 1: Something that went wrong during the date can you think of anything that would have happened that she could have taken as a red flag?
Speaker 3: It was a post pineapple world. You know, I wasn't mentioning it as a as we talked about, and I don't know what I did. I'm confused.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I guess we're just gonna call her and find out. We'll come back do your second date update right after this second date update. Women do not like a guy who's too cheesy on a date but never said anything about being too fruity, and our listener Sean has used that to his advantage. Yeah, because his secret to nabbing a beautiful woman's attention online is calling her a cute sea fruit nickname Blueberry or nick Greene. See it all works, That's how we love it. It's how he ended up on a dinner date with Hannah aka Kiwied.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, he started with Pineapple and then she refused to respond.
Speaker 1: She kind of beat up that one. Yeah, and they went with Kiwi. But they did go out together, and how that date actually went kind of depends on who you ask. If you ask Sean, it was great, amazing. If you asked Brooke, it was meh pretty much like any other date we've ever heard, nothing special.
Speaker 2: I mean, I didn't mean to be rude.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: The real question is what did Hannah think? Because when he hasked to meet up with her again, her response was, are you joking?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's no smiley face emoji after.
Speaker 1: It or frud emojis, which means something happened that we're all missing that should be obvious to him. Right, Is that where your head's at, Sean, Yeah, definitely, okay.
Speaker 4: I mean you do know, like we may get her on the phone and she may say something kind of mean.
Speaker 1: Brooks kind of hoping that she didn't.
Speaker 2: I just know how he's going.
Speaker 3: You know, what are you saying? Why do you keep putting me down?
Speaker 2: I'm not putting you down. I'm just trying to prepare you. I still wanted to hurt your feelings.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think she's going to hurt my feelings, but you're definitely hurting my feelings right now.
Speaker 1: For why are you smiling when he says that?
Speaker 2: Trying to watch out for your just call her. I'm not gonna say anymore.
Speaker 1: All right, let's save it here we go. I'm dialing Hannah right now, Hello, Hi, We're gonna speak with Hannah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is Hannah. Who's calling?
Speaker 1: This is a radio show calling called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. How do you do?
Speaker 4: Uh, Welcome to the show, Hannah, weird morning.
Speaker 5: Why are you calling me?
Speaker 1: Well, we're calling on behalf of one of our listeners who's been trying to get a hold of you. It's a guy that you went on a date with recently named Sean. Oh.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, do you no he's got a million for me?
Speaker 1: But my Yeah, we spoke to Sean a little earlier and we heard about your guys's quote unquote relationship and your date, your one date.
Speaker 5: I mean, I wouldn't call it a relationship for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We're not trying to put labels on it or anything, but I will tell you Sean is very confused, a little bit disappointed that he hasn't been able to see you one more time.
Speaker 5: I'm honestly, I'm at a loss. How does this man not understand he?
Speaker 4: Honestly, guy, this guy is totally clueless. I don't know what happened. He seemed to think the date went great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've heard a few of the highlights from your date night, and clearly he is missing something. We're just trying to help him figure out what that is.
Speaker 5: I will say like, that was the most awkward end of the date I've like ever ever had.
Speaker 4: At the end the end, he didn't mention anything about the end. He just said he walked you to your car and gave you a hudge.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 5: So we're eating, you know, I think it was like about an hour in and I had to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Okay, can I ask real quick before you go to the bathroom, I don't know, how is she feeling about the date?
Speaker 5: Then? You know, I was like, let me just go to see what's happening. We know some of the same people.
Speaker 1: He was also really persistent with his like attempts to get you to go out with him. But sorry, you were there for an hour. You went to the bathroom and what right?
Speaker 5: So I come back from the bathroom and my food, which was like halfway finished, was bagged up and sitting at the table, and I just thought, okay, like it is a week night, maybe he has worked tomorrow or early or something, you know.
Speaker 4: Or maybe the waitress or waiter came over and you know, sometimes they just scoop it up real.
Speaker 1: Quick, and you weren't finished with your food.
Speaker 5: At that point, right, there was still enough left for seconds.
Speaker 4: I feel like this is a positive sign you wanted the date to continue, you didn't want it to be over.
Speaker 5: It sounds like yeah, I mean he was putting an effort, so like I was willing to continue the date. It wasn't it was we were having a good time.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, it's okay.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like a total loss from the beginning. So what's like the worst part. Why is this so bad that you wouldn't want to talk to him again or see him again?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: So then he's like, should we go? I'm like, yeah, sure. So he grabs my food and we walk out, and I'm like, oh, a gentleman, I guess like I'm assuming he's gonna walk me to my car and hand me my things and send me.
Speaker 1: Off right totally.
Speaker 5: We get to my car, he hugs me, and he keeps holding the food and says, oh, hey, thanks for this, I'm gonna split this with my roommate for lunch tomorrow. Just like Ammedia Like, no, no.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think of that as.
Speaker 2: In his mind, I'm cheap to like.
Speaker 1: You would say that while he is listening on the other line calling him cheap heating.
Speaker 4: The food, Jeffrey, I'm trying to defend him by.
Speaker 1: Calling him cheap.
Speaker 5: Shawna's on the other line right now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, maybe if he's not crying on the floor right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here, guys. Unfortunately you took her food.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts, dude?
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't even believe this is even a conversation right now. And I mean we were there for over an hour and I just thought we were done eating. I thought it was right etiquette to get them.
Speaker 5: You just assumed then, like why didn't you say, like, hey, are you done? And can me and my roommates eat this.
Speaker 3: Follow up? I didn't see a problem with it. I figured it was ours. You know, I paid for the bill, and you know, but.
Speaker 1: It's my meal.
Speaker 3: It's your meal when we're at the restaurant, but when the date's over, it becomes my meal.
Speaker 1: Anything, it's his possession because he paid for it.
Speaker 2: So this is something you do all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is something everybody should do. I don't see you're jumping.
Speaker 1: Down Tana can you see his point of view?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't even say I want this to go. I went to the bathroom, like if I had said, you know what, I'm done? Oh my god, maybe that's true, but like, no, I was still hungry.
Speaker 1: I mean, can't you be a little bit more understanding there?
Speaker 2: Kiwi yah, don't do that job.
Speaker 1: Sorry. I know that that's yours and Sean's nicknames, So I don't want to like step on any toes here.
Speaker 5: Oh, Hannah, listen, whoever told this guy that it was also cute to call people food names like no anything?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, could I just ask?
Speaker 4: It just kind of dawned on me, Sean, did you really think she was done done? Or do you just wanted a bigger portion to bring home to the house an opportunity?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought she was done, Honestly, I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Likely.
Speaker 3: Story.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes you give off the signs of being done, like you rub your belly a lot, like you're full. You said she was.
Speaker 2: Still hungry bathroom, but.
Speaker 1: I'm done, maybe over and he's like, can we get a box please? You may have been giving full vibes, Hannah, Can you at least admit that a compliment?
Speaker 5: No, because my thing is like, even if I was giving full vibes, then what if I wanted to take my leftovers home, and while I was eating them at home, maybe I would think nice date, like I'll give.
Speaker 1: She's gonna remember you. But if you had thought the food was so good, wouldn't you've eaten all of it there in one sitting? Yeah? That much? I think those.
Speaker 2: Sounds like she would have eaten it all they boxed it.
Speaker 1: Before she exactly. I think the whole room agrees, Hannah that you're in the wrong here and you have a chance to do with you over and make this date done the right way, a date that we would pay for.
Speaker 2: I mean, then it's our food.
Speaker 1: Mail it over to the station so we can eat it. What do you think, Hannah, one more chance for show?
Speaker 5: If you guys are going to pay for it, I'm gonna request that then you also pay for another meal for him in his roommate to take home afterwards. And then maybe I consider.
Speaker 1: Okay, well Brook can agree to cover that cost. She wants to jump in, but we'll just cover the two meals unless his.
Speaker 2: Roommate brings food home for him, like maybe she made a dog.
Speaker 1: We we did not ask that.
Speaker 3: To clarify, my roommates are real people. Oh okay, and they're.
Speaker 2: My parents and your parents. Your parents are eating the leftover.
Speaker 1: Hey, you don't want to take away food from his mom and dad.
Speaker 5: For me, this is like all starting to add up of like how you were raised and stuff, because my parents would never eat a stranger's leftovers and so like, this is all just too much for me and I'm respectfully going to pass.
Speaker 1: Oh god, man, did this just evolve to my parents are better than your parents.
Speaker 2: My um bringing much stronger than yours.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks anyway, guy, be honest. I don't think my mom would have liked her anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all moms love me, I will say it.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's what really got her insultant brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: If you pay for a meal, should the leftovers belong to you? It's an interesting question, I know Brooks stances. Yes, No, it's because she buys us lunch sometimes. But and before she goes home, she'll dig through the garbage cans trying to find any scraps that we didn't to bring it home to her family, Like.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you didn't like crust, Jeffrey, The crust is the best part.
Speaker 1: Take his cross home, Michael, I brought home some crust for you for dinner.
Speaker 4: You put it all in a casserole dish and cover it and cheese.
Speaker 2: By the end of the week he got enough to feed a whole family.
Speaker 1: The thing is, Brooke is already in an established relation ship, so you can get away with it. Sean was on a first date when he pulled that move.
Speaker 2: Sean, he's not getting a call back.
Speaker 1: Everyone texting in. We understand the points he paid. It's his food. I still don't think that's right. Yeah, it's just interesting that it's her food until the meal is over. Then it changes.
Speaker 2: Possession charge that rule. They do a better job at dinner faster.
Speaker 1: I think we need to take this matter right up to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: They don't have anything else going on. No help us decide that, And in the meantime we can continue to help you with your dating life. Email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back.
Speaker 2: Frooking Jeffrey in the morning,